The Way of the Nin

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Halcyon508

Re: The Way of the Nin

Post by Halcyon508 »

Akira was sitting in the rocky hots pring bathing in the warm water. Steam gently raised over her naked frame and face. "This feels soooo niiice!" She cooed. Out of the corner of the eye she stared at Jirou's mask which was being held up on a branch. "Alera-chan... isn't it wonderful!?" She splashed water up onto her face and over her hair. "I feel so clean."
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani
Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

Alera Nodded, still sniffing every so often.

Alera Stripped Down, Keeping Her Kusarigama and Ninjato on a Branch that Hung over the Hot Spring.

Alera Dived in, and started to wash herself, keeping her senses open for anything out of place.
VagueDurin
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Kenki quietly followed Alera out to the hotspring. She keep glancing around her, now that they'd decided that there was an enemy out there, she was nervous and anxious. The young Nin quickly stripped out of her clothing and folded it all neatly on a flat rock before she waded into the hot spring. She stayed near the edges of the spring, near her clothes and weapons and away form the other two. Minding her own business while cleaning up, ever alert for anything out of the ordinary.
VagueDurin
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Haruto yawned at the mentioning of his name and then looked down at his half eaten meal with a forlorn expression. I just started eating though... Oh how troublesome... He thought to himself before shrugging slightly and shoving the rest of the food into his mouth and chewing loudly.

"Alright Jirou-Kun, Let's get going." He mumbled around a mouth full of food, and started off towards the Hotspring that Akira had designated to be for the boys of the group.
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Kazuma stared at Jun for a second. "Jun-kun...." he asked thoughtfully. All his previous confidence had drained from him, "Are we doing the right thing?" he asked a little timidly. "I mean this is all dependent on me being right. What if those tracks are something more sinister?"

Akira-sensei glanced around the baths and smiled. "So girls...Alera-chan, Kenki-chan...." she paused and moved through the water closer to them. "Whats the gossip. What boys do you like? C'mon give me the juice." The woman smiled at the group.
Domani, forget domani
Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"Can i Trust you to keep a Secret?" Alera asked the Sensei

The Sensie nodded

"I like Kazuma." Alera said, Blushing
VagueDurin
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

"Can i Trust you to keep a Secret? I like Kazuma."

Kenki sucked in a quick breath silently as she heard Alera. The gray haired Nin's eyebrows scrunched down and she glared at Alera's back slightly. As the color rose to her face, the energy inside of her began to fluctuate, increasing in pressure until it started to release itself from the palms of her hands. So Alera had a thing for Kazu-Kun, did she? Kenki thought bitterly...

A few moments later, Akira Sensei raised an eyebrow and looked around the hotspring curiously. "Does it seem like its getting unusually hot to either of you?" She asked pointedly.

Kenki blinked and her orange eyes widened a bit as she realized that it was her who was heating up the spring. She took a slow breath and tried to calm her inner self, eventually stopping the temperature from rising any higher. When she had herself under control, the young Nin scowled a bit and turned towards Akira Sensei, who seemed to still be waiting for her to answer the question as well. "I don't see what liking any of the boy's has to do with the mission or our training." She responded quickly, blushing profusely. "We should be focused on the task at hand..." Her tone dropping back down to its usual whisper by the end of the sentence..
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Thinking for a moment Akira then smiled and said, "Kazu-kun is cute!" She replied. "Kenki are you sure you don't have a crush on him too? I hear all the girls do and its understandable why." She looked back over to Alera and then said. "And what are you doing about it? Alera-chan have you made a move? To woo a popular boy like Kazu-kun you'd have to do something special...." she put a finger up to her lips. "Something to get his attention without seeming desperate."
Domani, forget domani
Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"I don't know how..." Alera said, "I mean, everything i can think of doesn't seem adiquite."
Syn_the_Stampede

Post by Syn_the_Stampede »

Jun considered Kazuma for a moment, then nodded. "I see what you mean." He stayed in silent thought for a few more seconds. "If this is a test to see how we would react during an ambush or a trial of our abilities, our team leaders wouldn't want us to know; they want us to assume it is real. However, if it is real, it means greater danger for us. That being said, we can't really go wrong by giving it our all either way." Jun patted Kazu's shoulder. "We're a team now. Whether this is wrong or right, I'll have your back. Besides, I have confidence in you."

He smiled and adjusted his graduation band. "Kazu-kun? Do you have any extra wire? I think we can rig up a few more delightful surprises if they try to come in over head," the young Nin said, looking up at a cluster of trees.
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

"Jun-kun..." Kazu smiled at the boy. "I think I do." He replied rummaging through his bag. He managed to find a spool of thin, nearly invisible wire. "Tomorrow it will be a bit troublesome to gather all this back up." he added, "but I think it's worth it." he smiled and handed the spool to Jun. "So I have to ask." The boy started with his cheerful smile. "Since you asked me, I think I should ask you. What do you think of the others?" His eyes were fixed on the other boys as they stood up and prepared to go set another few traps.
Domani, forget domani
Insanity's_Spawn

Post by Insanity's_Spawn »

Jirou had already finished bathing. He had decided not to 'peek' today. But he was still going to be at the spring with naked girls. He was going to get his mask back, end of story. He snuck away from Haruto, who wasn't paying any attention anyways, and headed off for the girls spring. There it was, hanging from a tree. He took a moment to take in the sight of Akira-sensei bathing, then, using his shadow technique, and his exceptional skill with the arts of stealth, he snuck over, snatched the mask, and was away before anybody noticed. What he didn't notice was Akira-sensei glancing discreetly at him as he made his getaway.
VagueDurin
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Haruto slowly climbed out of the hot-spring and dried off before the red haired Nin started getting dressed again. The bath felt great after such a long walk. He noticed as he finished dressing, that he was alone. The boy blinked slightly. When did Jirou-Kun leave? I didn't notice... He thought to himself... They were supposed to stick together, or at least that was what Kazuma had told them. Haruto sighed slightly. "He probably snuck off to spy on the girls..." He said outloud. "Well, I better wait here until he gets back."

He settled down on a tree stump and waited. A few minutes passed by before his eyebrows furrowed. Haruto's green shaded eyes began to look around as he searched for the source of the strange chiming sound her was hearing... It sounded like... Bells... Haruto strained his ears, tilting his head this way and then the other, the sound was getting louder. As the tempo slowed down, he found that his eyelids were feeling heavier. "Oh brother, a sonic technique... How troubles--" And before he could finish complaining, the young Nin slumped off the stump and hit the dirt, fast asleep...
VagueDurin
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Kenki barely managed to keep from scoffing at Alera's response. She wanted to raise her hand and boast that she'd already gotten Kazuma's attention by starting the fire. She wanted to brag about how Kazu liked powerful Nin, and that she was stronger than Alera. She didn't do either of those things, however. Instead she simply drifted slowly towards the edge of the springs. Kenki didn't want any trouble..
Syn_the_Stampede

“Hmm, I suppose it's only fair, right?” Jun studied the tree in front of him, and soon found a suitable place for a trap. He clambered up the tree expecting Kazuma to follow. “Well, I could describe Alera as bold and blunt. I have a feeling she means exactly what she says. That's consistency if nothing else. We've established that Haruto's lazy, but like you said, he did graduate from the academy. He probably has the knowledge, just no inclination to use it. He might surprise us yet.” Jun looked back at his partner and shrugged. “I don't see how Jirou can stand it. Speaking of which... He may be girl crazy and a bit of a goofball, but he's certainly likable enough. The term “loner” could be applied to a few of us in the group, but Jirou especially so.”

The first trip wire was up. He delicately slid his fingers along the nigh invisible wire and nodded his approval at the work done. He turned to Kazu and continued, “As for our team, I think Kenki is timid, but very sweet and kind. However, if someone were to ever rouse her ire, then I'd guess they'd be in for a nasty surprise. Now, you, “ Jun said, playfully poking Kazu in the chest, “strike me as happy-go-lucky, which isn't a bad thing. You're tolerant and accepting of others, but you've shown you know how to get things done. That combination is what makes you a leader.”

Jun laughed at himself. “Wow, I hope I didn't sound too judgmental.” He looked in the general direction of the hot springs. “They're taking their sweet time, eh?”
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Jirou's walk back.

The boy got halfway towards his destination when he heard... yes giggling. There was a tune humming in the background broken by the giggling of two girls. The boys ears perked up as he heard the noise. The enchanting music and sound of two fresh faced beauties. He couldn't help himself, almost instinctively he began to roam in the direction of the sound. After a slight walk he approached the river stream that he had gathered water from earlier. There was two girls splashing and playing in bikini's with each other as another sat along the shore and sang;

"In the land where the mountains sigh and the trees make up the living.
In the land where the sun is gone and the world is not forgiving.
I live under the light, I live between your eyes.
I know the thoughts you have, I know your lies.

To this place you come walking, you bring your thought inside.
With the the glow of electric light, I make the shadows hide.
Your thoughts however are not yours, and I control your will.
And as your Queen I say to you, it's time for a thrill... "

The singing stopped. "Why don't you come down and join us?" the woman called to Jirou who realized that his shadow had disappeared from around him.

In the Woods
Kazuma smiled at Jun, "I like you too he said." His eyes catching something behind the boy. Kazu launched his body forward knocking over Jun. The two fell to the ground in a ditch with Kazu on top of Jun as several Kunai stuck into the tree where Jun had been standing. "Did you know Kunai used to be gardening tools that someone sharpened?" He smiled down at Jun making no effort to get off the boy. He covered the boys head with his arms and pressed his body up against him as one of the Kunai exploded above them. "Then someone learned how to make them explode..." he added. Following this statement he then smiled and said, "It's begun."

He rolled off Jun and closed his eyes tightly bringing two fingers up to his face in a meditative position. "Technique: Petite perception!" he said as he looked over from the ditch the two were in. His eyes flashed back and forth rapidly. Signs of exertion were clearly on his face as his eyeballs moved with inhuman speed focusing on various area's. A needle this time was thrown, Kazu ducking just as it flew by. "There is four of them, I think." his eyes began to steady from their rapid movement as he huffed and puffed a little. Such an advanced technique wasn't often learned by younger people who had a hard time controlling their eye movements. "Possibly only three, I'm not sure, the signs were scattered." Kazu's mind raced. "I think we should stay together." he said, "and try to get to the others."

At the Baths

Akira sighed a bit to herself. "Well girls I'm glad I got you alone." She said softly. "There is something important I need to tell you all." She paused and looked at the girls and smiled a bit. "It's about Kazu-kun...." It was sudden, but the pool filled up with red liquid. Akira was no longer talking and had a knife stuck in her back, the red life oozing from her body as she was face down in the pool. The bath water had effected the nose of Alera and her hound. Several more kunai were thrown into the pool, the girls barely dodging them....
Domani, forget domani
Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alera grabbed her Kusarigama.

She started swinging the ball end, getting ready to fight.
VagueDurin
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Kenki gasped as she watched her Sensei slump into the water, her blood staining the surface of the hot spring as the kunai stuck out of her back. Akira Sensei!? she thought frantically. What was going on, who had done this? She didn't have any more time to think as several more kunai came flying at them. Kenki dove beneath the surface of the hotspring and swam underwater to avoid the attacks, aiming for the bank where she'd left her clothes and weapons. To be attacked while we bathe, without our clothes... What will we do?
Insanity's_Spawn

Jirou sat by the water, staring at the girls as they came up to greet him. They're so HOT!!!! Was all that was going through his head, but for a little portion of his mind that thought that something was strange here. He shrugged it off, and continued staring at the three beauties as they came up to him, splashing him a little, and started feeling him over. "Oooh, he's so CUTE!!" The one squealed. The one who had been singing bend down in front of him, her cleavage hanging out. "Ohh, yeah, he is!" She exclaimed. The third bent over him, and draped her arms around his shoulders. "Hey, sweetie. Why don't you come with us, so we can play in the water with you, and get you wet?" She asked. Jirou, taking this innuendo as an offer, let them lead him into the water. The one girl ran up to the water, bent over, giving him a good view, and splashed at him. "Thats just a taste, cutie." She winked at him, and jumped in the water.
Syn_the_Stampede

His eyes widened and his heart raced as they fell from the tree. Jun's breathe caught in his throat and everything seemed to go in slow motion. It was all so surreal... The thud of multiple kunai in his previous position served as a catalyst to snap him out of it. His Nin training came flooding back to him, and before he hit the ground, he made note of the direction and angle from which the weapons came.

Kazuma shielded him from an explosion before rolling off and using an advanced technique. "There is four of them, I think. Possibly only three, I'm not sure, the signs were scattered. I think we should stay together and try to get to the others."

“Agreed. The problem now is we know their general vicinity, but they know exactly where we are. We need to change that and quick!” Jun scanned the area, including the campsite and the path that lead to the springs. “I've got it. I pretty sure I can provide enough cover for us to make our move, but we need to run through the campsite to do it.” He discreetly pointed out the exact area they'd need to run through. It was the area where no traps were, only twigs. “We should be able to clear the twigs with an energy enhanced leap. After that we can try to lose them in the forest while making our way to the springs.”

He reached into his pouch and retrieved three black spheres. He popped one in his mouth and adjusted it so he could speak. “On three...” Jun silently counted with his empty hand. At the exact moment his third finger popped up, he threw the two spheres. They exploded and began to effuse smoke. Both Nin made a mad dash for the campsite. The fire pit was coming up on their left side, and just before they were about to pass it, Jun slowed down a step.

He pivoted on his left foot and drew as much energy to his right hand as possible. He twisted and went as if to strike at the camp fire with his Bladed Leaf technique, but instead of the cutting power usually summoned with it, he tried to fan it out. If he hit an enemy with such a blow, it would cause little to no damage, but damage wasn't his goal. His hand passed over the fire pit and what followed was a large cloud of ash and dirt. Under normal circumstances, he could have kept his balance easily, but the kunai that suddenly burst forth from the smoke made it very difficult. He didn't know if it was a blind throw, or if someone had spotted him, but it was speeding toward his left eye. He knew he couldn't raise his hand in time to block it, not in mid turn, not with it being so close. Jun's body did the only thing it could do; reflexively flinch and squeeze the eyes shut.

He felt an impact on his head and then a flash of pain across his eye. The young Nin didn't even know to yelp as his mind was still racing to catch up to what had just transpired. He tried to open his eyes... Vision was a little blurry in his left eye, but he could still see! What the lucky youngster couldn't be bothered to figure out now was that his flinch had caused his head to lower. That life saving, but accidental move caused the kunai to glance off of his forehead protector. It was enough to prevent a killing blow, but not enough to prevent injury. A vertical cut, from the bottom of his graduation band to the middle of his cheek, now adorned his face.

What felt like an eternity was only the span of seconds. He had spun fully around to face his teammate, but the attack made him stumble. Just as he was about to fall, a hand shot out and grabbed the shoulder strap of his vest. Kazu helped him regain his lost balance just as they reached the camp perimeter. Both boys made the jump without difficulty, and sprinted into the forest.

Neither slowed, not yet. They needed to put some ground between them and their pursuers. Jun looked over, the left side of his face bloody. “What now?”
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Jirou:
As the girls led the boy into the water they began to splash and play with each other. One of them squirted Jirou with water and then wrapped his arms around him from behind. Her breasts pressed up against his back. "Do you like this?" she said. As she said so her facial features began to melt and contort. Her body slowly melted into water. Where her hands were tentacles of water replaced them binding the boy together and gripping him tightly. The other girl approached him melting into a water clone, only the girl on the shore remained in solid form. "What are you doing to little boy? Or do you like getting beaten up by a woman?" Her lips pursed smiling.

The Baths:
A single Nin came out of the shadows. "Rule number one!" He said smirking at the naked girl. "Stay mobile." As he lifted up a Kunai to throw it he hurled the projectile. As he threw the projectile vanished from the air. Several dumped into the water from behind. It was an illusion technique designed to hide the attackers real location. Multiple kunai from various angles landed into the pool of water each targeting the girls...

The Woods:
Kazu huffed and puffed a bit as he regained his strength after using the advanced technique. "Next?" Kazu thought loud and hard. "Next we need to find the others." Pausing he thought for a moment. Jun was injured and there was no way he could dodge more blows having already been hit once. He paused and looked over at Jun. The boy was in a good ditch, with solid cover. He looked over at the boy. "Jun-kun." He said rolling over on top of the boy. "Jun." Kazu smiled at him as he grabbed the boys hands and pulled them up over his head. "I do like you..." he replied smiling and batting his blue eyes. "I want you to do me a favor." He concentrated end began to freeze the other boys hands in place over his head. He maintained the pin and lowered himself to do the same for the boys legs. After doing so he wiped the blood off the boys face. "Don't follow me." he said standing up. He took several branches and covered the boy. "I don't want anything to happen to you. When the ice melts run for the hot springs, regroup with the girls and fins Jirou. I'll lead them on a wild goose chase." Jumping up the boy ran into the forest purposely creating a trail for the enemy to follow.
Domani, forget domani
Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alera Dodged the Kunai, and Started towards her Clothes and weapons slowly, keeping an eye out for the Attacker.
VagueDurin
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Kenki dodged another kunai before doubling her efforts. The shore seemed to be miles away for some reason. Finally the young Nin reached the edge of the hot spring and popped her head up above the water. Her soaking gray colored locks clung to her face and she shook her head to clear her vision, looking around for any sign of their attackers. She couldn't see them anywhere, and the heat from the springs would have interfered with her heat vision. Kenki took a deep breath and pulled herself up out of the springs, color rising to her cheeks as she became acutely aware of just how exposed she was. She started to run towards her clothes, trying to keep herself covered as she did so.

As Kenki came within a meter of her pile, a kunai struck the ground just ahead of her, causing her to stop short and backpedal. She took two steps back before several more struck behind her. Her orange eyes widened with fear as she felt more and more trapped. She spun in a fast circle, frantically searching for the hidden foe before her gaze settled once again on her clothing. Her weapons were there, and she would need them to fight back... but what could she do? She saw from the corner of her vision another kunai strike on its way. She was out of options. Kenki let out a frustrated shriek as she gave up on her modesty and launched herself into the air, diving forward with outstretched arms.

She rotated in mid air, reaching down to grab hold of her belongings before landing fluidly in a shoulder roll that took her into the concealment of a hedge-row. Kenki took a handful of short, deep breaths to try to calm her nerves and stop her body from shaking before she hurriedly slipped on her dark gray pants and shirt. She had no time to bother with the under-wrappings at this point, even though with the shirts deep cut in front she still felt horribly exposed. This was a matter of life and death. Kenki strapped her weapons holder to her leg hastily and drew a throwing kunai before she started to slowly creep her way to the right, away from Alera's direction. The young Nin tried very hard to extend her senses out around her, to listen and search for any sign of the attackers...

Then she sensed it... It was minute, and for a half a second she thought she'd only imagined the sound of a cracking twig. But it was real. To her right, perhaps three, maybe four meters. Too far for any of her current techniques to have any effect. She'd have to close the distance, but how to do so without being spotted? It wasn't likely to be possible, since these foe's knew where the girls were and had the tactical advantage. She'd have to draw her attacker out somehow... Kenki bit down on her lip slightly and pulled out a light colored sphere and hurled it in the direction of the sound before shielding her eyes. The flash bomb went off in a brilliant strobe of light and as soon as it had finished Kenki leaped from her cover and started to close the distance while running in a serpentine fashion to avoid giving the enemy an easy target.
Syn_the_Stampede

Jun didn't struggle as Kazu encased his hands and feet in ice. He remained silent and calmly studied his friend's face as he wiped the blood away. In most cases, Jun would be distressed, even angered, at the fact that Kazuma wouldn't allow him to help him in such a dangerous situation, but he understood why he was doing it. After watching his teammate disappear into the forest, he closed his eyes and smirked. In the young Nin's eyes, it was a rash act, but noble nonetheless. Kazu's words came back to him.

"I want you to do me a favor. Don't follow me."

He opened his eyes. "Not this time, my friend." He couldn't help but chuckle at his recalcitrance, which normally wasn't his style, but he couldn't in good conscience accede to such a request. What little mirth he had found vanished immediately. A shadow passed over him. It was fast, real fast - the enemy. It had to be. Jun only caught a glimpse of him - her? - but they were clad in black from head to toe, and at the rate they were going, it wouldn't take long to catch up to Kazu. The bound Nin was replete with urgency. He struggled to roll out of the ditch and gain balance on the frozen block that was his feet. The glacious constraints were heavier than he anticipated, but certainly no heavier than the weights he normally trained with. He hopped to the nearest tree; he must have looked foolish.

He brought his hands close to his face and concentrated. "Technique: Limbs of Iron!" Jun's muscles tightened and bulged slightly. His limbs exploded with a sudden rush of vigor and celerity. He brought his arms back and struck the tree trunk with a vicious blow. The block of ice shattered, showering ice fragments everywhere. A quick, one-two combo had his feet free seconds later. He wasted no time in following Kazu's trail. He had made it rather easy to follow, just like he said, but soon the trail signs simply dissolved; or, at least, the obvious signs did. Had the enemy caught up? Did Kazuma have to abandon his plans and fight for his life? Jun shook such thoughts out of his head; the only thing that mattered now was finding them. He reached out with his senses, stretched them. Damn it, where are they? His brow furrowed and jaw tightened in a combination of frustration and intense focus. There! A grunt of effort and the tell-tale sound of shuriken thudding into a tree. The Yakuta youth dashed toward the noises. He found the two in a natural clearing - Kazuma was being pressed hard by the Nin in black.

He saw his friend and teammate get knocked away just before he reached the enemy. The assassin vanished just as Jun threw his first palm strike. Flash Step! He was hammered in the ribs for his troubles. The breathe was knocked out of him, but he recovered quickly. He could almost visualize the sardonic smile behind the black mask. The look in his enemy's eyes said, Give me your best shot, it won't be enough. Jun sneered and launched a barrage of blows. His arms moved at incredible speeds, boosted by his Limbs of Iron technique, and with the ease of hundreds of hours of practice, but he still couldn't lay a finger on the Nin in black. He worked so hard on his martial skills, yet he's still not good enough when it truly counts? Not good enough to help his friends?! He roared in anger and redoubled his efforts. His attacks grew wild and erratic, but kept their streamlined effect - his constant drilling wouldn't allow them to grow sloppy as well. As good as his obviously superior opponent was, this time he did score a hit, though it was just glancing merely resulting in a cut on the dark Nin's flak vest. They vanished again. Jun reflexively covered his head just before getting hit with a savage kick. It knocked him off his feet, and after a few tumbles and an ungraceful slide, he finally rested near Kazuma's position. He lay still for several seconds. With a grunt of exertion, he made it to his hands and knees. He spit crimson liquid from his mouth and wiped more from the previous wound on his face, now aggravated from the recent trauma.

Jun looked up at Kazu. "You miss me?" he managed with a half-smile.
Insanity's_Spawn

Jirou flailed and thrashed, trying to escape the tentacles. He was too busy trying to escape to take any notice of what the woman on the beach had said. He was dragged underwater, unable to breathe, unable to focus. He tried to calm himself down, and started to focus on the woman standing on the beach. He couldn't see her from down here, but he could feel her mind, it felt like a solid iron barrier. He quickly started attacking it from every direction, trying to find a weakness. He realized that if he could get her to concentrate more on using her technique, or let her guard down, he could get through. He was running out of time, any more of this, and he would surely drown. He noticed the tendrils of water were slackened compared to what they had been. She must have focused more energy on protecting her mind, and less on holding him under. He twisted his body around, breaking free of most of the tangle. Kicking off a few tendrils still attached to his leg, slackening his mental attack while doing so. He broke the surface of the water, drawing a deep breath. Suddenly, more tendrils of water shot up, and formed a net over his head. The net came crashing down toward him, dragging him under again. But this time, while her mind was focused elsewhere, he assaulted her again, breaking through her weakened defenses. He would only get one shot at this, so figured he better make it count. He hit her with all of his concentration, causing her to start seeing double. The shock of it was enough to make her let go of him for a second, long enough for him to break to the surface again. Only this time, she wouldn't know which one was him. As he dodged around the various tendrils whipping around at random, trying to grab him again, he took a few kunai from his bandolier. Coming up on shore, a bit aways from her, he launched three consecutive kunai at her.. Hopefully, she was still seeing double for a few seconds, and one of the kunai would make a connection. He knew the chances were slim, but he wasn't going to stick around and find out. He ran back into the forest, concentrating on forming dark shadows around him as he went. He knew he wouldn't be able to avoid detection when it came to a Nin who was so apparently advanced, so instead, he focused on moving as fast as he could, looking for a sign of the others.
Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alera Put her Clothes on, and Strapped her weapons back into place, Before Circling around The Attacker and Attacking from the Side Silently.

Alera Swung her Kusarigama so that the Ball end of it would hit the attacker.
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Jirou:
Three Kunai darted at her. She couldn't be sure which one was real and which one was from the boy. So instead she blocked all three in a single speedy motion. The woman smiled devilishly as the boy ran away into the forest. "Rats always run to holes in times of danger." She jumped onto the nearby branches and watched as shadow gathered around the boy. He disappeared from sight as his head start allowed him to dart over the horizon of a nearby hill.

The hunt was on now as she ran in his direction. He was moving at fast speeds, which meant she needed to look for a moving shadow, although darkness was still hard to catch in her eyes, especially in a forest where shade was everywhere. She was nearing where her opponent had to be when a sudden realization hit her. Looking ahead and in various directions she noticed a group of birds flying fro their trees. Birds and other animals hid and ran from noise of his stomping feet rather than his sight. She darted in that direction. Finally she brought through unseen over the boy as he ran along the ground. She got in front of him and dropped in front of him.

Jirou ran straight into the woman, his face slamming into her perfect chest before he rebounded and landed on his posterior. "Good boys wouldn't run away from a woman who has shown interest in them."

The Girls:
The masked man easily dodged the girls blow, throwing a wire laden Kunai at Kenki. It landed in front of the girl tripping her. Face first she landed on the ground. "Little girls should be interested in flirting with boys." The man said. "Not fighting. You should give up now." He took up a defensive stance and stared down the two girls. Pulling on the wire he pulled Kenki up to her feet and then back onto her back and started pulling her towards him. As he brought the girl close to him he yanked the wire in a circular motion sending it around the girls neck. "You will all die!"

The Boys:
Kazu smiled. "Apparently you missed me." he said running to the boys side and throwing a kunai forcing his opponent back. "This was a trap you know." he said as he froze the blood on Jun's face. It wouldn't stop the bleeding, but it would, despite the burning, slow down the flow of blood. Kazu hefted the other boy up next to him. The two boys stood back to back as three identically dressed men came out of the woods. Each was covered from head to toe in black. One of them charged and Kazuma sidestepped and chopped him in the back of the neck. As the body fell behind Kazu Jun then stepped forward stomping him into the ground. As the boys foot hit it penetrated the skull, which was hollow.

"Earth Clones." Kazuma said. "I managed to destroy one, but then..." Kazuma's face turned red as he began to blush. In truth the boy had been in a bad way before Jun had come. "Thank you Jun-chan." he said smiling the boy.
Domani, forget domani
Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"No, we won't." Alera Replied, Using the Scythe end of her Kusarigama to cut the Wire

Alera then pulled out a Few Shuriken, and threw them at the Attacker, Before Pulling out her Ninjato and Closing the Distance, hoping to Give Kenki precoise time to get the Others.

Alera then Double Wielded the Kusarigama, the Chain and Ball wrapped around her arm, and Ninjato in an attempt to take down the Attacker.
Insanity's_Spawn

Running through the forest, Jirou tried to make as little noise as possible. Apparently, it didn't work, because next thing he knew, his face connected with his pursuers chest. Had it been any other time, and in any other situation, he probably would have enjoyed that. But, right now, that meant he had failed to make an escape. But, here he had a bit more of a chance. There was no water nearby, and the woman apparently used water abilities. He knew there was no way in hell he was going to pull off double vision again, she would be on her guard now. He had to think of something, and fast. "Good boys wouldn't run away from a woman who has shown interest in them."

Springing backwards to his feet, he landed with his left leg out behind him, his right bent at the knee in front. "Luckily for me, I've never exactly been a good boy." He retorted, backing up a few steps. He would need room to maneuver to make this work. It was common knowledge that certain people could take control of another person with shadows...If he could only make her think he had that ability, it would give him a few seconds, as she tried to avoid it. He stretched the shadow around him toward her, trying to make it seem like he was going to possess her. If she jumped out of the way, he could run, if she didn't, he had no further option but to try to fight. He hoped very much that wouldn't be the case.
VagueDurin
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Kenki was hurt. She'd been running at nearly full speed when the wire trapped her legs and sent her careening into the ground face first. Not only that, but then the attacker yanked on the wire and threw her onto her back before dragging her along the rocky forest ground.

She gasped out loud as he manipulated the wire until it was wound tightly around her throat. She grabbed at the thin wire, unsuccessfully trying to loosen its hold. Then Alera came around and cut the wire, freeing Kenki from the attackers grasp. However, unfortunately, the wire remained tightly wrapped around her neck and the young Nin began to stagger backwards, gasping for air and tearing at the wire desperately with her hands.

She'd backed away about a meter or two before her progress was suddenly halted and her orange eyes widened with panic. She had just enough time to try and let out a breathless shriek for help before the other aggressor’s burly hands grabbed a hold of her arms. He wrenched them painfully behind her back and skillfully restrained them there with wire.

Kenki squirmed and whimpered at the pain but the brute simply hefted her petite frame up over his shoulder and took off through the forest. As he ran she was jostled up and down inside his grip, still struggling to breathe through the constrictive wire on her neck. She was in pure panic mode now... They killed Akira-Sensei... What about the others? Are there more of these men here, have they captured the boys too? Who are they and what do they want with us?!

She had to do something... The young Nin knew that much. If she didn't... Well, she didn't want to think about what would happen to her otherwise... Her friends might be in trouble too. Kenki tried to calm herself down, but it was hard to do so when she was straining to breath and her arms were bound behind her... My arms!! She thought suddenly. I've got to free my arms, without them I don't stand a chance!

Now, with a plan of sorts, Kenki focused what concentration she could to her wrists, closing her orange eyes and using every ounce of her determination and will she could muster to begin her Create Heat technique. It was slow going, she was having a hard time concentrating while gasping for air, but as the man kept jogging further and further from the girls Hot Spring the bonds around her wrists finally began to heat up and melt. A few seconds later and she strained against the weakened wire until it finally broke, freeing her arms.

Her eyes snapped open and she quickly examined her options, finding a kunai near the man’s waist she deftly reached down and took a hold of the weapon. With a frustrated scream she reached up and drove the kunai down hard into the man’s back. He grunted in surprise and pain, staggering to a stop and violently throwing Kenki to the ground in front of him. She bounced off the hard ground, her head snapping back and stars exploding in her vision before sliding to a stop a meter in front of the brute.

While he was fumbling around trying to remove the kunai from his back, Kenki quickly reached down into her weapons pouch and pulled out the Talon-Tipped kunai and hurriedly reached up and tried to slide it between the wires wrapped around her neck. She aimed for an area away from the major arteries and gritted her teeth before pushing the blade into the wires. Kenki cried out as the blade sliced through the wires and also lacerated her skin. It was a sharp sort of pain but dulled shortly afterwards.

The young Nin could feel the warmth of her own blood as it slowly flowed from the cut down the front of her shoulder and chest. She'd done what she'd had to, though. If she survived this attack, there would be time later to treat the wound before it became fatal. For now she had to focus. The girl's eyes narrowed as she holstered the kunai once more and brought her right hand up to her lips and formed a ring around her mouth with her fingers. She saw that the man had finally wrenched the blade from his back and was just now turning to face her again. Her chance was now, and she might not have another one.

Kenki bent her knees slightly and then propelled herself forward, closing the distance between them before screaming angrily and executing her Breathe Fire technique. A powerful spout of flames shot forth from her hand and struck her attacker full on from the front. He'd clearly not anticipated such a strong resistance from the young girl and was instantly engulfed in flames.

With a grim expression fixed over her feminine features, Kenki approached the blazing attacker and without hesitation she lodged a kunai deep inside of his chest. It was a remorseful killing; much better than if she'd left him to burn to death. She didn't stick around after that, however. She could hear someone else nearby exchanging words. It had to be one of her friends...
Last edited by VagueDurin on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syn_the_Stampede

Jun nodded at Kazu before fixing his gaze on the nearest enemy. He could have sworn he had engaged the real one when he first attacked, but he couldn't be sure. These clones were impressive. The work of a high level Nin. In fact, if Jun had to guess, the two they were facing now were both fake. The real one was somewhere close by, watching, waiting. He hadn't the time to think about it; one of the black-clad Nin was making a move.

He came in fast and low, throwing a strike at Kazu's legs. The blond youth blocked and immediately grappled the striking arm. He started putting pressure on the elbow joint, trying to break it. Jun flanked him and wrenched his other arm backwards to prevent counterattack. Their tandem attack was going surprisingly well until two kunai landed near the group. That's when they heard the sound of hissing. Both boys recognized the tell-tale sizzle of exploding tags yet to go off - they were wrapped around the kunai handles. They abandoned their hold on the enemy to jump away, just as the black-clad Nin subsequently did before a mass explosion engulfed him.

The clone didn't miss a beat. He swiftly re-engaged Kazu, giving him no reprieve. Jun moved in to help again, but a volley of shuriken from the second enemy kept him at bay. He dodged, flipped, and rolled out of the way of the bladed missiles until they stopped coming. The Assassin was right behind the last shuriken, a barrage of fists and feet flying Jun's way. Even though the young Nin was on the defensive, this trade-off would be different. The first time he attacked this Nin in black, he went in full tilt, threw caution to the wind. He tried to be the hero. Now, he forced all other thoughts and concerns out of his mind. All that mattered – no, existed – in his world was himself and his enemy. It was a state of complete focus.

He lifted his knee to check a low kick, an elbow strike was blocked and an uppercut parried. Jun answered with an open-hand combo of his own. None of the attacks hit. The exchange was so fluid and fast paced that, to the untrained eye, it could have been choreographed. Jun jumped back from his opponent to make some space, and just as he had expected, the Nin in black aggressively followed. He spit the black sphere he had been keeping in his mouth until this time. He was surprised the Nin had the reflexes to knock it away, especially at such a close range and it being somewhat of a sneak attack, but it was all for not. The black sphere exploded into a cloud of smoke as soon as it made contact with his hand. With a running start, Jun slid into the thick smoke; he was hoping an extremely low attack would pay off. Contact! He hit something hard with his foot and felt it give. He wasted no time in rolling away from his adversary, but even with all of his haste, he felt something whiff inches away from his face as he came out of the smoke. Jun backed away from the cloud, his face emotionless

A dark figure calmly limped out of the smoke. “Not bad.” Jun said nothing. “Uhm, your friend looks like he needs help.” Jun didn't look away and still said nothing. “Not gonna work on you, eh?” Nothing. “Very well. We'll do this like last time,” the black-clad Nin smirked behind his mask, then disappeared.

Jun instantly ducked low and executed a spinning sweep kick. It was the same as last time....to a point. His attacker Flash Stepped to break line of sight and came in for a roundhouse, but the Yakuta youth knew it was coming. His calculations payed off. By the time Jun spun back around into his fighting stance, his opponent was still in the air. The young Nin's hand flashed forward, palm out. He condensed a copious amount of energy at the center of his hand and forcefully expelled it upon impact. The Nin's chest caved in before he was savagely hurled into the trunk of a tree. As guessed, the Assassin burst into chunks of dirt; an Earth Clone.

Jun warily eyed the mound of dirt as if it'd take the form of a man again and attack when he wasn't looking. The sights and sounds of the world around him slowly trickled in as he came out of his intensely focused state. It was then he noticed he was breathing heavily. He didn't blame himself, this entire ordeal was tougher than any training he put himself through. The boy frowned. He'd have to mull over ideas on how to make his training comparatively difficult. His eyes widened suddenly. Where's Kazu? Frantically, he looked around the clearing. He sighed in relief as he spotted his friend near a similar pile of earth, and jogged to his position. Jun opened his mouth to say something when another black-clad Nin came out of the forest.

“Impressive. You've proven you can handle clones, but how do you think you'd fair against the real thing?”
VagueDurin
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Jirou

As the Shadow stretched towards the woman she jumped up into a tree seemingly giving the boy room to run past. She smirked to himself as she watched him darting at full speed. She gave him a grudging nod from the shadow of the tree. It was a good tactic he had used. Not that it would help him in the end. As he ran by under her she jumped down and flash stepped behind him. Her arms wrapped around him with one hand gripping his neck. The boys body went rigid in her arms.

“You had a good run cute little boy.” She said licking her lips. “This is an interrogation technique Nerve Claw.” She stated simply. “You will be unable to move your body, but you will feel everything.” She released her hand from his neck and pressed herself up against his back. Her hands rubbed up and down his skin tight suit. One hand drifted down, “You really shouldn’t wear spandex unless you can fill it out.” She said cooed softly her body oozing sensuality. One hand drifted to the boys chin and pulled his head up and to the side. Slowly she leaned over and kissed him.... As she did so his eyes grew heavy and quickly collapsed fast asleep.

Kenki gathered her strength and bent at the knees before bursting through the underbrush in the direction of the commotion she'd heard. Her neck wound all but forgotten as she drew the Talon-Tipped kunai and emerged from the brush and skidded to a stop on a small path. Her right knee bent low and her left leg set out to the side to maintain balance as she slowly looked up from the ground, a fiery anger lit in her orange eyes as she watched the woman put Jirou into a grappling hold.

The low V-cut of her gray shirt exposed much of her chest as she'd not had time to put on her under wrappings, but the pale flesh normally found there was stained crimson from the wound to her neck as her chest heaved up and down under heavy breathing. Her right fist tightened down on the grip of the kunai until her knuckles turned white. She coudln't make out quite what the woman said to Jirou, but watched on in surprise as the woman kissed the young Nin and he dropped to the ground unconcious.

"Who Are You?!" She demanded of the strange woman fiercely.

The woman chuckled slightly and stepped over Jirou’s fallen body, tilting her head slightly to the side to regard Kenki. “Does it matter?” She asked finally. The enemy looked Kenki over slightly and shook her head. “A pretty girl like you shouldn’t try so hard to hide herself. And it certainly doesn’t do to be covered in filth like that, either. How will you ever attract any of the young boys looking like that?”

Kenki’s eyes darted from Jirou, to the woman, and then down at her own attire as the woman’s words rang in her ears. What did she mean by trying to hide herself? It was all the distraction the woman needed. By the time Kenki looked back up the enemy had disappeared. The young Nin scolded herself for being so easily distracted and set deeper into her stance, shifting into a more defensive posture as she looked around with bright orange eyes for her attacker.

A rustling came from her left and she swiftly turned to face that direction but saw nothing. Then behind her, still nothing. Back to the left, still nothing… Kenki was tiring of this game. She closed her eyes for a moment and focused on her internal energy. When her eyes opened again the orange irises were glowing and she was now viewing the world around her in infa-red. She searched the sorroudning area, spinning in a slow circle and finding nothing. No trace of the woman’s heat signature.

The rustle sounded behind her again, Kenki turned and looked, this time she saw a kunai lodged in the ground, its handle pointing nearly skyward. Her eyes widened in shock but it was too late. By the time she looked up into the sky to see the woman’s heat signature it was already descending upon her. The next thing Kenki knew was darkness.

Alera
The man pulled out a pair of curved swords to counter Alera’s choice of weaponry and took a defensive stance until he noticed that his partner had collected Kenki. Relieved of the burden the second Nin represented, he was free to focus his full attention on the one in front of him. He waited blocking a well placed strike from the Ninjato before he pressed forward, using his mass to shove the Nin backwards. Once he had her off balance he went on the offensive, forcing her to block his attacks and keeping her on the defensive.

After an intricate series of attacks the young Nin managed to parry one of his sweeping blows and snuck in a quick stab that would have gutted a slower opponent. As it was, the black clothed man trapped her arm between his arm and body before twisting sharply. Alera let out a stifled scream of pain as her arm was brutally twisted and the Ninjato fell to the dirt a few feet away. The attacker let her slump back to the ground and watched her cradle the ruined arm with idle curiousity. Then her companion sprung up from the brush.

The dog like being growled angrily and latched onto the attackers wrist with its powerful jaws. He’d underestimated the beasts training and commitment to its master and now he was paying the consequences for that. The enemy Nin shook his arm roughly, trying to force the beast to let go of its grip on his wrist. He was annoyed now. When that didn’t work he reached up with his free hand and brought the hilt of his blade down atop the back of the beasts head, knocking it unconscious the doglike creature fell motionless to the ground.

The sight of her companion crumpled on the ground seemed to refuel the fire within Alera and she shot back to her feat, injured arm hanging limp at her side before she charged in, Kusarigama swinging wildly above her head. The man frowned beneath his mask and backed up slowly, manuevering around carefully, taking advantage of the young girls rage as it clouded her judgement. A few more steps and… yes.

He slowed a step, making it seem as though he was losing his footing, and then ducked under a blow that surely would have split his skull in two. The ball and chain then wrapped itself tightly around a tree branch, the ball end lodging itself deep into the wood. Try as she might, Alera could not yank it loose, and before she had time to drop the other end of the weapon and reach for something else, her attacker was suddenly behind her and had his arm wrapped tightly around her neck. It was over seconds later as he squeezed down on her windpipe and she blacked out from lack of oxygen.

The Boys
Kazuma and Jun stared at one another for a moment. Kazu shot forward firing several flying fists at the man who easily blocked. Kazuma walked backward trying to avoid blows from the man and focusing his energy into his feet turning the water in a puddle behind him into ice creating a slick surface for his opponent to traverse. The tactic worked only momentarily as the man slipped and Jun was able to come in with a flying kick smacking the man and taking him to the ground. Kazu jumped quickly trying to take advantage of the situation. He grappled with the man trying to gain a dominate position but was easily overpowered. The black clad Nin began to put him into a deadly vice hold when Kazu flipped onto his own back and wrapped his legs around the mans waist. “Now Jun-kuun!” he yelled as the other boy shot a foot into the mans head knocking him to the side.

Jun helped Kazu to his feet and the two youths stood side by side in a defensive position as the man stood up. “One more time.” Kazu said softly. This time it was Jun’s turn. The boy furiously began to punch and kick at his opponent as Kazu ran parallel to the combat and up a nearby tree using his momentum to carry him into the air. He pushed off with his feet and threw himself at the man spinning violently in the air while performing his create ice technique.

Jun took his queue perfectly and grabbed the Black Clad Nin’s hands as best he could trying to keep the man from moving. Kazu’s movements sapped the moisture out of the air and his spinning helped to create the shape of an icicle around his outstretched hands. He landed straight into the back of the man in front of him and Jun, his hands pushing in through the body of the Nin. “Oh crap.” Kazuma said softly. Right through the body of the enemy Nin, right through into a hollow inside he realized. He yanked his hands, which were not frozen together from the body. As he did so a noxious cloud followed as the earth clone died around them. “What is thiiiii....” Kazu felt his eyes get heavy as the gas clouded his vision. Sleeping gas had knocked out each of the two boys.

The Pile

The kids were all piled together in the clearing, their instructors looking down at them. They were no team thirteen, but they had none the less performed well under stress of the situation. “Lets wake them.” One of them said. The two sensei’s pressed their hands together and used the disengage command, releasing their charges from the illusion they’d been caught up in. All of the Nin awoke except for Haruto, who remained snoring loudly.

“Yeah I didn’t even finish the sleeping sound technique on him...” Hayato-Sensei said.

Together Hayato, Akira, and another woman stood staring at the young Nin. “Congratulations, you have passed our little test.”
Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alera Quickly jumped to her feet, and Drew a Throwing knife, before backing away from the Three adults. Every one of Alera's Instincts was saying the three were hostile, for admittign that they orcestrated the attack, the look in her eyes was that of a Caged animal. This was a risk when testing any of Alera's family, while not many reacted like that, it happened occasionally.
Insanity's_Spawn

Jirou, much more calm about the situation than Alera, obviously, since she was already ready to try to attack the two Sensei. "But, how did you do it?" It would have to be very high grade illusions, if all of it wasn't real. That, he was interested in knowing about. If he could learn to make illusions that real... Or maybe it really was real, and they had tried to drown him. It was one thing to beat somebody senseless, but another altogether to try to drown them. But, apparently, they had passed, and that meant, like the others had guessed, it had just been a test. He still felt like the most useless twit possible. He didn't even fight well, as usual. His only means of attack was running and hiding, and using sneaky little tricks. He doubted any of the others would have been bested so easily. Then again...He looked at Haruto. Maybe one of them. Through all of his thoughts and wonderings, he never once stopped to think about whether he was really soaking wet or not, which would have told him how real the whole thing had been.

(Sorry about the blurb. Trying to fall back into the mindset of the character.)
Syn_the_Stampede

"Passed? Tch." Jun dusted himself off and shoved his hands into his pockets. "How do you figure that? As far as I'm concerned, we all died. Mission failed."

He was angry. Not at his teammates or the Senseis for giving them a test, but at himself for failing it - at least, in his own eyes. He looked around for the first time since he got to his feet. Alera seemed to be losing it, but Jirou looked fine. The others weren't up and around yet, but it wouldn't be long. Jun focused his attention back on the hysterical girl.

He put his hands up in a non-threatening manner. "It's alright, Alera. It was all a test, but it's over now. Like you, I'm not exactly sure what its purpose was," Jun gave a sardonic glance to the adults, "but it's safe here and you can put the knife away."