A Hacker's Nightmare (Open)

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:30 pm

Mai watched the holoprojector intently, she was very interested in trying to figure out what kind of security they had. For a brief moment she wondered just how hard it would be to crack it, and eagerly awaited the challenge. When Vi' offered her a drink she politely turned it down and went back to studying the map. Unfortunately, the map wasn't a very reliable source of information, pretty much lacking anything that might be useful to them. But, by using her imagination, she tried to picture Imperial guards routinely patrolling the outer walls and courtyard.

The image in her mind felt so real that she was instantly transported back to the night that she, Jaxx and Raptor had broken into that Imperial warehouse. Then something struck her. The image of the warehouse before her seemed somehow vaguely familiar, as if she had seen it before. It looked similiar to the warehouse that her friends narrowly escaped from last night, but there were a few slight differences, or details that she hadn't noticed because it was so dark. Still, the uncanny resemblance seemed very odd to her. She immediately dismissed it as just a coincidence in architecture.

Tybalt's last remark suddenly snapped her out of her reverie. "No, that won't work. That ship is tagged. It's untouchable now. I say we move the shipment out of the compound, and into our ship. Also, I want everyone to go in. If we plan this right, we will be able to get out easily and quietly," he told the group.

"Everyone," Mai asked in a quiet voice, "but Kiana is a sharpshooter, right? Wouldn't it be better if she provided us cover fire incase something goes wrong? I mean, if thats alright with you," she asked Kiana shyly. Mission planning was never really her specialty so she tended to keep to herself during the process, but she felt that everyone should be put into a position where they can do what they do best. And for Kiana, firefights in enclosed spaces didn't really fit the bill...
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Tyria

Post by Tyria » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:02 pm

Declining the alcoholic beverage, Kiana sought it best that she stayed sober. Throughout the mission briefing, Kiana paid close attention to the miniscule details in the images that flashed before her. At the mention of a wide assortment of law enforcement agents, the woman couldn't help but calculate how much time it would take her to aim and squeeze the trigger. The sharpshooter paid half of her attention to the conversation going on between the group.

The locals would most likely be the exterior shell of defense, and as the team neared the core... The elites would be located there. Save the best for last, Kiana mused as her concentration was broken by Mai's timid voice.

"Everyone, but Kiana is a sharpshooter, right? Wouldn't it be better if she provided us cover fire incase something goes wrong? I mean, if that's alright with you," the woman seemed to hesitate, acknowledging Kiana.

"I agree," Kiana nodded, speaking quietly. "My forte is killing, from afar and concealed. Besides, it's what I've been programmed to do since the beginning..."

Programming? the sharpshooter chided. I make myself seem like a machine of some sort...

Alex Kerensky
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:55 pm

OOC:
I really hate being rushed for time, so this post is going to sorta reflect that. Pryde, my apologies if I am messing anything up.

IC:
The trip through hyperspace was calm by all accounts. Nothing of importance occurred. To Kai, this was a welcome relief to the last week's intense investigations and fighting. It was almost a vacation, except his family was absent from the trip. His wife was not too happy about this mandatory trip, but she understood why he needed to go.

After securing The Hive, Kai was able to interrogate many prisoners. By reviewing the computer records not erased by the fleeing hackers, Kai was able to discover that The Hive was merely a cell based on Corusant. Apparantly there was a galaxy wide network of computer thieves.

Buried deep within the flow of reports, Kai managed to discover a tiny datadisk containing some trivial security records. He viewed the disk anyways, and to his surprise, discovered a small recording of a meeting. The recording showed a group of people discussing some plan.

Piecing the recording together with a audio tape, Kai was able to determine that the heavyset man, who was the place's owner, was ordering the group on a mission to Coreillia. Even though the audio recording was far from complete, Kai discovered that the infiltration group's objective was the capture of a mysterious spice shipment.

Kai immediately filed a warrant and transfer request to Coreillia's garrison. He received the proper clearance codes and was soon flying off Corusant with his company of soldiers.

His plan called for him to take over command of the garrison. The local commander already gave his consent, so now all Kai had to do was travel to Coreillia. Allard had also sent a request for any information regarding a confiscated spice shipment. According to the base records, no such shipment existed.

There was, however, a record of a group of covert operatives that were captured in route to Tatooine. At first, Kai had dismissed the possibility that this group was the task force's goal, but now he reconsidered. Perhaps Thomas had meant this group.

Kai sat reviewing the stacks of data he had collected over the last several days. Now, he hoped, he could bring these criminals to justice.

Alex Kerensky
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:24 pm

IC:
"Good afternoon," Kai said as he took a seat across from the prisoner. "I am Captain Kai Allard-Liao." He ruffled through some papers. "You must be Tsu'chuang Ky'lik."

The prisoner in front of him merely nodded in response. According to the files, Tsu'chuang Ky'lik was a member of the Cathar species. The creature possessed leonine features and was covered in short black fur. His mane was brushed back and neatly trimmed.

"I am he," Tsu replied. The Cathar's green eyes glowed as he glared at his captors.

Again Kai shuffled through his papers. "You and your comrades have been kept here for how long? Three weeks? And how have you been treated?"

Tsu almost laughed out loud. "You must be joking. You actually care?"

Kai nodded. "Of course. You are a citizen of the Empire, so therefore your rights are a concern."

"Oh. Well, I guess we have been treated okay. Some more food perhaps."

Allard jotted something down. "That is easily taken care of. I assume you have been already interrogated? The reports say that neither you nor your friends have revealed why you were traveling to Tatooine illegally. Perhaps you would like to tell me now?"

The Cathar scoffed at this. "Yeah, right. Why would I tell you what I have not told them?" Tsu nodded at the other Imperials standing behind Kai.

"You have a good point." Kai knew that he was not a trained interrogator. Tsu is right. Why would he tell me when he did not tell them? The pager clipped to Kai's belt began to beep, bringing a quick end to his problem. "Excuse me, Tsu. I am need elsewhere. Take the prisoner back to his cell, please."

Kai exitted the room and encountered a technician. "Yes, what is it?" Allard asked.

"Sir, the entire base's sonic locks have been reprogrammed, as per your orders. Also, First and Third Squads have finished their new exercises." The Technician handed Kai a datadisk.

"And," he said with a smile, "we were successful in pumping out information from one of the other prisoners. Apparantly this group was assigned to take out a Jabba the Hutt. The entire report, as well as the results of the exercises, are in that disk."

"Thank you. Dismissed." Kai rolled his eyes as he walked towards his office. Coercing his fellow citizens was most definitely not the way he wanted to approach things. Yet, the interrogation team had achieved results.

It is good that they implemented my orders so quickly and efficiently. The order to change the lock combinations would prevent anyone possessing previous lock codes from entering the base. His own stormtrooper squads were giving the base garrison a quick run in close quarter fighting techniques. Kai knew that the garrison needed the lessons to effectively fight off the probable attack.

OOC:
Why was the commando group captured by the Imps? Were they doing something wrong?

Goran

Post by Goran » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:46 am

The ship had been docked at a secure location, and the crew now stood before the massive building secured by the Corporate Sector Authority. Mai stayed behind, but she was still in contact with the team and more than able to help. They carried with them a small camera and datapad, so the hacker could easily relay information from Tybalt’s ship. The team was in constant connection through a simple communication link. If things went right, they should be in and out with the shipment very soon. Finally, it was happening.

“Just as pretty as it was in the pictures,” Tybalt said, looking up at the Corellian warehouse. “Kiana, if you are ready to take your position to cover us do it now. This is the north entrance; unguarded, and rarely monitored. From what we know there is only a holocam that monitors near the door. Patrols should be stationed left and right of the entry corridor. Mai, when the camera moves along its path to the far end of the hallway, open the doors. Make sure the patrols haven’t moved either. Let’s at least surprise them.”

With Tybalt's motion, the team moved to the entrance, and took their positions near the door. Everyone seemed calm and focused. Were they ready? Could they do this?

Tybalt peered through the glass panel on the door. He watched the holocam flutter about the corridor, completing its routine survey of the area. As it hovered along it’s path, the moving camera emitted an eerie light across the hallway. It gave the Twi’lek a good chance to observe the interior of the building. It seemed simple enough, and there were few obstacles and no obvious traps in their way. Soon they would be in.

“Mai, are you ready? Give us a countdown.” Tybalt ordered.

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:25 pm

Lynx crouched near the door, her senses pricked and alert as she held her position. Her eyes were their normal, mismatched state, dull and waiting for some command to move. Her shoulders were tensed as she fingered her concealed knives under her vest.

"Mai, give us a countdown," Tybalt said.

Lynx felt a low growl rumbling in her throat, barely detectable by her companions. Her mouth opened slightly, revealing her glistening white canines. Lynx smirked, her eyes sweeping the inside of the warehouse.

Fun
Stop blowing holes in my ship!

Alex Kerensky
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky » Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:22 pm

OOC:
"From what we know..."

Also, what happens if the garrison includes an ECM suite?

IC:
"So, you ready for the shockball game?" Tinneer asked his partner.

Mikel Furey nodded. "Yep, that'll sure be a good way to end the week." The guard patted his pockets. "Uh, you have the tickets?"

Tinneer pulled out two chips. "Of course."

The two guards continued to talk about trivial matters as they checked out of the security counter and made their way to the north entrance, unaware of the danger that lurked.

Jay Night

Post by Jay Night » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:06 pm

Foot steps echoed closer and closer. John tensed for a second, he gripped the two laser pistols with a vice and steeled his nerves. The footsteps came closer. They could here some talk about shock ball.

The guards came closer.. Please just don't see us. Falcon thought. They couldn't be more then a few feet away. There was nowhere to hide, everyone just held their breath and squeezed against the wall waiting. The guards walked by..

They kept on talking and walking down the drive way and into a speeder not far away. John let a sigh of releif then crept around the corner next to a garbage hauler. He motioned to the others. If they could just keep the noise to a minium they could probaly get inside before any one would know he thought...

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:56 pm

I can't believe they left me behind, Mai fumed as she watched the image on her computer intently. The small camera that Tybalt had indicated was slowly turning the other way. I wouldn't have gotten in the way! They had no right to leave me here alone like this! She checked her chronometer one more time and made sure she had sent the countdown to Tybalt and the team. After the timer had clicked down to zero she took a quick glance at the position of the Corsec troopers patrolling the warehouse then quickly began typing a rapid series of commands into her computer. It took a moment but the door finally began to slowly open. "Now's your chance," she quietly whispered into the comm line, "Hurry, you don't have much time before that camera swings back around again. I'll keep an eye on the patrolls..."

Alex Kerensky
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:19 pm

OOC:
Seriously, we need to pick this thread back up. Is it at all possible?

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:48 pm

OOC:
Seriously, we need to pick this thread back up. Is it at all possible?
"Mr. T once defeated Chuck Norris in a game of Tic-Tac-Toe. In retaliation, Chuck Norris invented racism." -- my brother

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:15 am

OOC: We probably wouldn't be able to continue from here, though. Too much of the original cast is gone, so we'll probably have to start a new thread. I wouldn't mind starting it again, though, this thread was one of my personal favorites... You planning on portraying the Stormies as the good guys again? ;)

Aranador

Post by Aranador » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:47 pm

OOC:

Ahh - memories. This was quite a good read to come back to after so long. Sever wsa a bit 'uber' but I did enjoy the mysteriousness built into that character. Shame the story seemed to get confused between a couple of pot feeds seeming to pull in different directions and stuff.

Anyway - I'll watch for any possible revival, and maybe consider a different character to join - I am sure there was another attempt to revive this where I was writing a wookiee character ?

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:37 pm

OOC: Did we ever try this again? Did I miss it or something?

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:32 am

Sorry, Pryde. I don't even make it a habit of checking the Story, Rebellion, and MBT boards. :P

Yeah, I'll portray the stormies as good people. :P

And, I'm willing to give this a shot.
"Mr. T once defeated Chuck Norris in a game of Tic-Tac-Toe. In retaliation, Chuck Norris invented racism." -- my brother

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:10 am

Thing is, is anyone else?

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:08 pm

Well, this idea is seriously being revisited now, since every other non-Star Wars thread on the board seems to fall through I've been working on a few ideas for Star Wars based threads. Hopefully I'll get a few more eager participants if I keep my ideas localized in the scheme of things. ;)

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:42 am

We could just form this around a few core people. The WoW thread shouldn't have died. I've just been busy and stuff, but we'll see.

(I have to run UD Strat a few more times to get my remaining Frayed Abomination Stitches. Then I need Scholomance for two more Skin of Shadows. It's all for my Bloodthirst Breastplate. The Pristine Hide of the Beast is already mine. :D)