KotR: Point of no return.

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

KotR: Point of no return.

Post by High Moff Betts »

“From the belly of the great ship Darasuum A’denia the entry pods fall. One-thousand-two-hundred and thirteen in all, part-ceramic, part-Mandalorian Iron, flaring into brilliance as they slam into the small green world’s atmosphere, leaving the coldness of space and what little debris remains of the “Republic Armada” far behind.

“For thirty-eight seconds they trail fire through the sky, just enough time for the scared Cathar cat people below to realise they are doomed. Then just as the Atmospheric friction becomes too much, a series of retro-rockets burst into life, slowing the pods dramatically.

“They are now travelling at just a few multiples of the speed of sound, and their shells are fluttering through the air above them.

“They are Basilisk war droids, One-thousand-two-hundred and six in all now, two burned up nine seconds ago, one hit the atmosphere at an odd angle and exploded, another two skipped off and another’s retro-rockets misfired and tore the craft apart. The last spiralled off course when its inertial compensator failed and its pilot was crushed by the Gees. As a matter of record another thirteen failed to pull out of their dive and slammed into the ground with enough force to flatten any of the rustic villages that until recently were scattered across the planet’s surface. The remainder would go on to burn seventeen thousand homes before their pilots disembarked and continued the slaughter on foot.

“Cathar fell in a day. After ten years of Mandalorian aggression the Jedi Council had finally dispatched a team to put an end to their threat. They said they were stop Mandalore the Ultimate there, they said the Republic Navy would be victorious.”

The man on the podium leaned forward to take a good look at the gathered Jedi, men, and woman who had come hear him speak. It may have been charisma, it may have been some force-gifted trick but every last one of the audience felt he had locked eyes with him personally, felt he had looked into her soul and found exactly, exactly what he was looking for.

Some in them in the throng, those who were not of the Jedi Order thought him to be Revan himself, but those of the Jedi and those who knew better knew this tall young man in green, with his boyish good looks and shaven scalp was the Jedi Knight Malak, his truest and closest friend.

“They were wrong.” He told them at last. “The Jedi who went to defend Cathar died to a man, the Republic task force was all but lost, the Cathar-people have been enslaved! And what do the Masters of the Council say to this? What do they tell us now that the Mandalorians are invading not one, but three sectors of the Republic at once! They say be cautious! They say wait!”

“They sit content in their temple, this very Jedi temple behind me here on Coruscant, safe in the centre of the Galaxy and they say let the Mandalorians keep the outer rim!”

He reached for them now, and again each and every man and woman thought he was reaching for him personally.

“And to this my friend, my mentor said no.” There was pride in his voice now. “The Jedi Revan told the Council exactly what he thought of their grand plan to save the Republic! He asked them: 'if the Jedi Order won’t save the Republic from these villainous creatures than who will?' And when they didn’t answer he told them that if the Order wouldn’t help the Republic then the Jedi would, that Good People would do what is needed to save the Republic, caution be damned! People are dieing and Something must be done!”

He paused for affect, he paused to let those words sink in, he paused because he’d whipped much of the crowd into such a fury that one wrong move could spark a riot.

“Are you good people?” He asked at last.

The reply was so loud it shook the windows of the nearby buildings with an equally audible rattle.

“I thought so.” He favoured them all with a quirked smile.

“My friend, Revan, has already gone ahead, first to Taris than to Dantooine to gather the Jedi there. With him already goes five hundred good Jedi and ten-thousand of the good people of the Coruscant. From these ports of call he joins the Republic Armada staging at Telo at week’s end.
Who among you will join him there I wonder. Who among you will cast off the shackles that are the doddering old fools of the Jedi council and fly with me, with Revan into battle? Who among you will pledge to give your lives for the republic?

“There are ships with room enough for all preparing to leave at midnight from the Jiitara space-port nor more than ten minutes from hear by landspeeder’s flight.

“I’ll see you there. Good people.”

And with that, he was gone….
"Tucker, there's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day." -Church. Red vs. Blue.

‘I swear by my pretty florid bonnet I will end you’ –Mal. Firefly.
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 »

Coruscant, inside the jedi temple

Inside a meditation chamber sat a man cross legged donned in the robes of a jedi knight. The hilt of a lightsaber laid on his lap. His eyes were closed and his black hair reflected the small amount of light in the dimly light room. The room was totally silent until the door slid open and another man walked inside. He was much older than the other man and had silver hair which reached his shoulders. His blue eyes shone in the room like a beacon. The younger man rose up looking at the older man, then bowed his head and spoke clearly and respectfully.

“Master Krath, I did not expect you to come so soon.”
“Ahh Lance when I heard you were joining Revan against the Mandalorians I wanted to come as soon as possible.” Before he could finish Lance interrupted.

“To change my mind….abandon the people on the outer rim to slaughter?”

“No, to listen to the wisdom of the council and your old master and friend.”

“My intentions stand firm. I have made my choice now please respect it.”

Krath nodded his head. “How many will you save if you turn to the dark side? How many then when you turn your saber on the ones you wished to protect?”

Lance stood straighter taking in his words. “Just because I am going to fight doesn’t mean im going to turn to the dark side.”

“You speak but do not listen. You are a great jedi if you choose this path it will condemn you for life.”

“Maybe that’s so and maybe my life shall be taken but I will save as many lives as possible from slaughter by the Mandalorians.”

“My words still are just echoes and you ignore them as such. If you are going don’t let your emotions control you understand?”

“I belive I do master Krath. Thank you.”

“May the force be with you.”

“And with you master.”
With that Krath departed leaving Lance alone again in his room, lightsaber in hand, thinking of his words. He was unsure to go with Revan to war, but after he heard Malak speak he was certain he needed to go. He hoped he had made the correct decision. The decision to go to war with Revan and the other jedi. He hoped dearly they were right, that he was right….
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
but awesome at the same time
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Post by Gonesolo »

In the crowd a woman stands, she is older than most there but not old enough to be incapable. As he speaks she listens, as he leaves she ponders.

"Could she return to fight again?"

"Could she return to everything she left behind?"

But she had decided, now was not the time for self doubt, now was the time for action. She would join the people traveling, she would do what she could to help.

She WOULD attone for her past failings.....

Post by High Moff Betts »

OOc: Once we've got five people, we should just jump straight to a battle.
"Tucker, there's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day." -Church. Red vs. Blue.

‘I swear by my pretty florid bonnet I will end you’ –Mal. Firefly.
80% Man, 10% Hard Liquor, 10% Beer

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

The voice of the newscaster awoke him from his deep slumber. He had fallen asleep while listening to the recent reports from the Outer Rim worlds. The monotone voice of the newscaster stirred the man from his prone position on the bed to a sitting position. The ragged hair covered much of the man’s face and stubble dotted his chin as he rubbed the crust out of his eyes. The clothes he wore looked dirty and were wrinkled from his sleep as he stood and slowly stretched his muscles.

His clothes fell to a heap on the floor at his feet as he stepped into the refresher. The sound of rushing water and occasional yawns and groans emanated from the room. Minutes later, the man reemerged from the refresher with a towel around his waist, leaving his chiseled upper body to dry off naturally. The news on the HoloNet changed to news about the varying galactic sports circuits. As the man pulled on a pair of tan trousers and a leather vest over a tan shirt, he flicked off the HoloNet.

The silence that lingered in the room was short-lived as a beeping from the comm unit broke the silence. The man sighed softly, lowering his head for only a moment before pulling a brown robe over his shoulders and flipped the comm unit on. The view screen lit up the darkened room as the face of a human male filled the screen.

“Sorry to disturb you at such an early hour, Zhon,” the figure lowered his head in an apologetic bow, “but the situation in the Temple has become dire. Now that Malak gave his speech, many of the Knights, and even some Masters, are beginning to question the Councils actions. I’ll meet you in the cafeteria for breakfast so we can discuss what we plan to do.”

Zhon nodded silently, and then proceeded to switch off the comm. He remained deep in thought as he gathered his lightsaber from his dresser and clipped it to his belt. He strode slowly out of his quarters, silently making his way to the Great Hall. The Jedi Temple was astir with activity. Many of the younger students were chatting in small groups, all talking about the same topic. The Mandalorians.

It had been some time since Zhon last stayed at the Temple for more than a week, but the recent events in the galaxy had interrupted his normal proceedings terribly. Several of the Master’s there had trained him on Dantooine, yet he left as soon as he was awarded the title of Jedi Knight. Throughout his training, he constantly was at odds philosophically with the Master’s at the academy, despite his respect for them. He chose not to remain in one spot as the Masters wished him to do, but to roam the galaxy and travel where the Force wished him to go.

It was not until he encountered an old friend on Ord Mantell that he learned of the evil that was beginning to spread across the galaxy. That very same friend convinced Zhon to return to Coruscant and consult with the Jedi Council, as well as the Force, on the proper course to take. He had reluctantly taken the advice of his old friend and returned to find the galaxy in disarray. The Council was shocked to see that Zhon had returned from his pilgrimage, yet even more astonished to find that Zhon seemed more at peace with himself since he left Dantooine.

Now, as he walked among the younger students at the Temple, he began to feel a sense of wonderment. While there were plenty of Jedi training on Dantooine, it was almost nothing compared to the amount that trained on Coruscant. The Great Hall was filled with many of the Knights and Masters that were on Coruscant at the time, most chatting with their companions as they went about their business. However, the business of the Jedi was changing as the Mandalorians swept through the Outer Rims. Zhon pondered on the nature of this new threat as he strode into the cafeteria. He quickly grabbed a muffin and a glass of blue milk and took a seat across from his longtime friend, Zak Dasto, a Nautolan Jedi from Glee Anselm.

“What’s the news, old friend?” Zhon asked, plopping himself down across from the green-skinned Jedi.

“Oh, you know, the usual.” Zak smiled widely, his sharp teeth accentuating his wide grin. “Bad guys trying to rule the galaxy, that sort of thing.”

Zhon nodded his head as he took a small bite out of his muffin. “What are you going to do about it?” His eyes lifted to look at Zak, despite the fact that he already knew the answer that he would receive.

“I must fight. My homeworld is in the Outer Rim, and I must do what I feel is right, which is protect it and the people of this galaxy.”

“And I’m assuming that you want me to go with you, just like old times?” With a giant gulp, Zhon finished the muffin and downed the rest of the blue milk. He knew the answer that Zak would give, and he knew what the Force wanted him to do. He was a servant of the Force, not the Jedi Council, therefore he knew that he had to act against the Mandalorians and help protect millions of innocents.

As he looked up at Zak, he dropped his head and sighed. This was his path. Better start packing. He told himself as he stood up, glancing at the chrono to make sure that he had enough time for the shuttles left to transport those that chose to go to war to join up with the rest of the troops. “I’ll see you at the spaceport.”
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 »

OOC: Okay people this thread may look dead but I intend to revive it. It may look difficult but we can do it. If anyone still wants to do this I'm going to recreate the OOC thread. If no one else wants to continue then I'll let it die but I'm sure somebody still wants to do this.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 »

Lance now found himself in a transport heading for the republic fleet in orbit over Coruscant getting ready to head out to the outer rim on a new campaign under Revan. The transport was due to leave soon and last minute passengers began to arrive. Lance found himself sitting in his Jedi robes near the front of the transport. He fiddled with a datapad the recruiter on board had given him. All the latest news about the war was on the datapad.

Cathar had fallen to the Mandalorians and the thousands upon thousands of sailors and soldiers that were killed there scrolled down the datapad. So much death, how could the council just sit back and watch all these people die.

For the sake of wisdom? How useful would such wisdom be if there was no one to share it with? Lance looked up from the datapad to watch the people coming on board, some where Jedi and some weren't. Lance was suprised at how many Jedi had come to follow Revan and Malak into battle against the Mandalorians to save the countless worlds on the rim. Lance was honored to be here and part of this campaign.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Post by Gonesolo »

A few hours after the speech she found herself sitting on a shuttle heading to meet the armada waiting in orbit. A small hold all bag sat on the seat beside her as the shuttle broke the atmosphere and made course for one of the ships in the group. She looked back at the planet below wondering if she'd ever see it again, if she'd ever see the temple again.

But then did she care? the Council certainly did not seem too. They appeared quite happy to debate the war over and over, to let millions more die while there inaction cost so many lifes. Marak was right they had to act and act now lest the galaxy be lost.

"Is this seat taken?" startled sligthly by the voice she jumped in her seat. She turned to see a Zabrak male standing beside her indicating towards the seat where her hold all was sitting.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you" he quickly followed,"My name is Raxnar I'm travelling with the armada aswell. All the seats seem to be taken may I sit here?"

"Off course I'm sorry," she replied,"My mind was elsewhere!"

"Are we not supposed to keep our attentions in the present while being mindfull of the rest of the galaxy" smiled the Zabrak as she moved the hold all and he sat in the chair beside her!"

"Yea you are right," she replied with a sigh,"Perhaps I am worrying about nothing!"

"We are going to war, I would hardly call that nothing," replied Raxnar,"It have no doubt it will greatly affect all our lives and the fate of the galaxy for years to come!"

"Yes I believe you are right!" she smiled as the shuttle docked with one of the ships of the main fleet and the fleet prepared to depart.
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 »

As the shuttle docked with the republic cruiser Lance stood up and got in line to exit the craft. When he walked onto the ship several dozen republic soldiers were waiting for all who departed. They led them to their respective quarters. A younger looking republic soldier saw Lance and walked over to him.
"Hello master Jedi, If you would please follow me to your quarters." Lance smiled and nodded to the man as he led the way down the ship's winding cooridors and hallways. When they finally reached the personel quarters of the ship. The hallway was lined with rooms to house soldiers and crewmen. Lance could feel many Jedi on board, all of them eager to join the fight.

After opening the room for Lance the soldier turned to leave but Lance stopped him. "Trooper, do you know where we are heading?"
"No master Jedi but I believe when Revan announces where we will begin the campaign the captain will inform us."
"Thank you."
"Your welcome master jedi." He turned and walked back towards the docking bay where more Jedi and volunteer personel were waiting. Lance walked into his small room. It had two bunks and a refresher off in the corner of the room. He took off his Jedi cloak and laid it on the bed, he removed his lightsaber and put it ontop of the cloak. Laance walked over to the refresher and splashed some water in his face. After drying his hands and face he sat on his bed next to his cloak and lightsaber and began to meditate.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Post by Gonesolo »

Soon after she had borded the fleet had jumped to light speed. She still did not know where they were going but she trusted Revan and Malak's judgement in this matter. As she stood staring out the viewport at the lines of stars passing by the chime to her room sounded.

A little distrubed she called "Enter"

The door slid open and Raxnar was standing on the far side, he seemed quite pensive and a little disturbed.

"What troubles you so!" young one, she asked turning from the window and gesturing for him to enter.

"to be honest!" he replied as he entered the room, the door hissing closed behind him,"the upcoming battle!"

"Really?" she queried "Why so"

Heavily he sat on the side of the bed,"I have not seen much combat" he started,"To be honest i've seen no combat past the training drones in the academy and sparing with my fellow jedi!" He paused for a moment as he shifted uncomfortably on the bed,"i'm afraid!" he eventually blurted.

"Take a moment" she replied gently moving towards the bed and sitting on a chair beside it,"close your eyes and concentrate. Forget about your fears. Silence your worries. Bring you mind to silence!"

"But I can not" he stuttered,"My mind is a whirlwind of thoughts of the upcoming battle, of the thousands who have already lost their lives, of the millions who;s lives rely on us to save them!"

"Shuush" she answered calmly placing a hand on his head,"You must learn to move past all that. True you must be mindful of your feelings, or your worries but if you let them rule you then to the dark side you will fall!"

She reached out with the force and helped him calm his mind, forget his worries and concentrate on the task ahead of them. They sat, meditating like that until the fleet dropped out of light speed an hour later.
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 »

OOC: This is gonna be long but hey I figured Id get things moving along. This thread is totaly open, just tell me in the OOC thread that your jumping in then go ahead and post here.
cheers

The fleet of republic warships hung on the edge of the Onderon system. A Mandalorian battlefleet was orbiting the planet Onderon closely and was far out of weapons range. They outnumbered the republic slightly, but then Revan's fleet emerged from hyperspace. The battle had been waiting for him and his fleet, now that he had arrived the massed republic fleet began to form into attack formation. A booming voice came over the loudspeaker of the republic capital ship Lance was on.
"This is the captain speaking, we are going to engage the Mandalorians orbiting over Onderon. All Jedi are to report to breifing room 1A all volunteer soldiers to 2C. Thank you."

Lance pulled his legs to the side of the bed and stood up. He donned his Jedi cloak and clipped his lightsaber to his belt. Lance quickly left the room and walked down the corridor where a republic soldier was waiting in an intersection of hallways and corridors. Dozens of Jedi were gathered there and were suprisingly quiet. "If you would all please follow me to the briefing room." He turned and walked down a hallway. Lance and the other Jedi followed him into a crowded room with tons of Jedi inside. A Republic lieutenant stood next to a Tactical map of Onderon's surface, more specifically Iziz the capital city of the planet and where the most heated battles between the resistance and the Mandalorians raged. The liuetanant spoke up.

"Onderon has suffered enough under Mandalorian rule. We are going to land troops in Iziz and retake the city pushing the Mandalorians off the planet. After we take Onderon back..." Tha tactical map changed to a map of Duxun. "were going to Duxun. This will be a much harder battle and will unfortunately cost many lives. The Mandalorians are heavily entrenched and our intel reports that they have hidden AA guns all over the planet covering their bases. We will discuss that battleplan after taking Onderon. Each master will be given direct command of company, a Knight will command a platoon and Padawans shall be sent into battle to aid and act as seccond in command to some masters and knights depending on the objective they're going to take. I know most of you have never seen combat but Revan knows you will prevail, that the republic will prevail!" A resounding yell of enthusiasm from the Jedi. Lance found himself yelling as well. "Fall out to the docking bays where you will board transports heading for the surface and will be given individual assignments." The Jedi began to file out of the room and ran back to the docking bay where their journey would begin.

Lance followed the group of Jedi, nearly two dozen of them all flowing with anxiety for the upcoming battle. As they enterred the bay republic soldiers were waiting for them. They took a Jedi and led them to their dropship with their soldiers. A trooper came over to Lance."What rank are you sir?"
"I am a Jedi knight."
"You're with my platoon. Follow me." He turned and ran to a nearby transport filled with a platoon of republic soldiers. As he enterred another trooper came in with another Jedi. He was a twilek and was tense for battle. He was young, about twenty standard years old if that. Lance sat in one of the cushioned seats and strapped himself in with the shock webbing. As the last of the troopers secured themselves a lieutenant stood in the center of the ship holding a small handheld holomap. It showed the eastern district of the city.

"Men this is our objective, we are going to land with the rest of our company in the eastern square and secure it so we can bring in reinforcements and heavier weapons like tanks and some mobile artillery. After securing the landing zone we are to move out and take control of the AA towers here.." He pointed to a tower on the display a few blocks away from the square. "Then move in to assist in taking the center section of the city where the skyramp, docks, and merchant quarter are. These are the most important objectives to take being the Mandalorians HQ, supply center, and reinforcement LZ. We will launch momentarily prepare yourselves." With that he sat down in his own chair and strapped himself in.

As the republic fleet aproached the Mandalorian posistions the Mandalorian ships broke orbit and formed a defensive line in front of the attacking republic fleet. As the two fleets began to exchange fire dozens of transports departed from the republic fleet and headed for the planet of Onderon's surface. Two transports were blasted out of space, but the others continued toward Iziz.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Post by Gonesolo »

The transport rocked and shock with the shockwave of the explosion as the transport beside them disappeared in an explosion of plasma and escaping atmosphere. She looked down at the lightsaber in her hand and felt her heart move higher within her throat.

She looked to her left and Raxnar was beside her. A look of almost blind pain had engulfed him. His hands were white from the grip he had on his lightsaber as the transport continued it's charge towards the atmosphere.

"Relax" she spoke softly as she placed her hand on his,"Trust in the force. Do not fear death for if it is the will of the force then it will not be in vain!"

He turned to face her and his expression softened,"But how are you so calm? he managed to stammer out over the noise.

"As I said trust the force", she replied with a smile,"I don't believe it is out destiny to die in this rust bucket!" She smiled and winked at him and he smiled back. They both closed there eyes and tried to calm there minds as the transports entered the atmosphere and started there descent.