Coruscant High: Rebirth

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Garet
Tamer of Horses

Coruscant High: Rebirth

Post by Garet » Wed May 11, 2005 3:27 pm

Coruscant High; possibly one of the top know schools in the planet...not in academic only, but in gangs and fights as well, a reputation in both fields.

The education system is top, students graduate with high marks and receive immediate access to top Universities...that's if they want to try. Many students are influenced by the 'other side' of Coruscant High since it's everywhere; gambling, gossip, fights, drugs and possibly the most important...reputation.

Students who avoid this and focus on studying normally succeed throughout their High School years...but some don't get to lucky as they become 'influenced'. Parents have tried to kick out the gangs from the school, but two important reasons make them stay where they are; money and fear. Perhaps the principal is being paid under the table by some of the 'rich thug's' familly in order to let their children stay in the school and graduate with a diploma, while others would threaten to kill. All the parents could do is pray that their students wouldn't be influenced.

These are the lives of the students in Coruscant High.

+|+|+|+|+|

Maren parked his swoop in the student parking lot as he slowly jumped off his seat and reached for his bag. The first school bell was going to ring in a couple of minutes and Maren didn't know what his first class of the day was.

Combing his black hair with his fingers, Maren let out a sigh as he walked towards the school doors exhausted. Work was a pain, expecially if you finish late. The poor human didn't have time to do his homework...heck, he didn't even know where to start.

Stepping in the school's hallway, the regular things were happening in Coruscant High; groups of students talking to one another as they prepared for to school to start...for some...

Maren greated some of the people he knew as he made his way to his locker, some of his friends asked how work was while others asked if he did his homework. Maren just gave a short, exhausted reply as he moaned...his friends just mentioned that he has a Cal test coming up this period.
If they swing their swords for the sake of 'order'.
I will fire my arrow for 'pride'
Then I would punch for the sake of a 'bond'

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Tue May 17, 2005 12:56 pm

ic:

Hallways of high school were always bedlam in the mornings, especially for soneone who wasn't a morning person. Markus was not a morning person. He trudged onto his locker and after opening it, he shoved in his pack and grabbed the nearest book. He then shut the locker and leaned back against it, closing his eyes briefly.

"I.........hate...........school," he managed to mutter before he caught a glimpse of Maren. He then pulled himself away from the locker and shuffled over to him, "Hey, Maren," he began, "what's new?"
McCaffery: There are creatures in the deep you couldn't imagine in your worst nightmares.
Arthur 'AC' Curry: Oh thats reassuring. Thanks a lot.

"When someone stands in the way of justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" Ras Al-Gul - Batman Begins

JadeKyle
Snowmobiler Extraordinaire

Post by JadeKyle » Tue May 17, 2005 1:22 pm

The morning, the clean... maybe not so clean air of it was enough to invigorate and move people.

Kristan was not always one of the people that were moved by something so... Her train of thought left as she engulfed by the sound and students of Coruscant High. She was new here, just arrived from a Corellia. Her father and mother had both been transferred here, moving her from friends since birth and a school she liked, to this.... Some one tossed something a paper ball is what it looked like, and it hit her, an almost handsome man came and apologized and went on his way. She sighed, some of the girls were friendly looking but bared teeth when she neared. So she continued on in the center of the hallway where no one seemed to be but her.

Kristan was not beautiful but she was pretty, she had brown hair to her shoulders tied into a pony tail, and a face that most men would look twice at, she was tall for a girl five foot ten, and thin. She wore things that did not complement her well, things she wore for comfort, pants that were comfortable, a blue t-shirt, and shoes that were sensible.

She continued to walk at a rate that said she really didn't care what time she made it, just that she did. Another much larger man ran into her on his way to something almost knocking her down, he looked back apologetically and continued on. It was going to be one of those days.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Tue May 17, 2005 4:57 pm

ic:

Markus watched as a girl was being banged around like a human pinball in the midst of the hallway. He then reached out and pulled her toward the locker, and out of the crowd.

"Sorry about that," he started, "things can be a little rough in the morning."

He then added quickly, "Oh, and sorry about pulling you like that, wouldn't be good if someone were trampled the first day of school." He then laughed his signature laugh and extended his hand.

"By the way, I'm Markus, and this is my friend, Maren." Then with his special grin he added, "It's nice to meet you."
McCaffery: There are creatures in the deep you couldn't imagine in your worst nightmares.

"When someone stands in the way of justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" Ras Al-Gul - Batman Begins

JadeKyle

Post by JadeKyle » Tue May 17, 2005 6:23 pm

She had tried watching as best she could but people were that cautious here. Suddenly an arm came and yanked her out, with barely enough time to settle herself she whipped around to meet, and as he started talking she forgave him for pulling her forcefully out of the way.

"My names Kristan." She said and returned his grin, "It's nice to meet you as well." She said with genuine politeness. "So, you guys know where this first class is?" She said handing him a paper with her schedule on it and pointing to the top.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Tue May 17, 2005 6:50 pm

ic:

Markus glanced down at her schedule and found where what class she had first.

"Well," he said laughing, "It looks like you've got class with Maren, first. Its right down the hall there and the first door on the left."

"Hey," he added, "I'm in your second period class so I could come get you and show you where to go, if thats alright with you of course."

Markus then shifted uneasily, "My class is down this way," he said motioning over his shoulder.

Garet
Tamer of Horses

Post by Garet » Wed May 18, 2005 1:57 pm

Maren didn't notice the woman Markus was talking to at first, he was to busy trying to figure out how in the galaxy he was going to pull the Cal exam.

"It looks like you've got class with Maren, first. Its right down the hall there and the first door on the left."

Maren looked at Markus for a moment, then back at Kristan as he checked her schedual briefly, she really does have Cal with him.

"Well,' said Maren with a slight smile, 'I hope your good in math 'cuz we already have a test."
If they swing their swords for the sake of 'order'.
I will fire my arrow for 'pride'
Then I would punch for the sake of a 'bond'

JadeKyle

Post by JadeKyle » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:36 am

"I think I can manage." Said Kristan to Maran, "What did you guys do most recently." She looked at him with a quizitive look as the halls began to empty after first bell.

"I suppose we better get going." Kristan said as she walked to the room Markus pointed out.