Clash of the Titans

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

WedaScami
Enemy of the Republic

Post by WedaScami » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:44 pm

OOC: Check the OOC thread, Kirkin. We need to talk. GMing doesn't sit lightly with the likes of Weda.
"Greatness is not measured by how well you speak of yourself, but how well others speak of you."

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:22 pm

The brute force of the energy ploughed into Borroc like a steamroller. He was thrown back far, and hit a shelf of containing a few holocrons. One Sith holocron hit Borroc on the head, and it activated.

I am Sith Master Horn Sleku. Do you have any...zzzzz......zzzzz....The power of the light side and the power of the dark side are equal, despite what the champions of each side say. The Force is about Life. Life in all its forms. All its precious forms. While one does understand that Life must be protected and cherished, one also understands that Life must be destroyed as well. It is the nature of things. To destroy that which is evil so that what is good may flourish is stupidity. One cannot define Evil and Good. Is it evil if a young deer is killed? Its flesh and innards will provide food and sustenance to predators, while its remains will further the life that springs from the ground.

"No...." Borroc croaked. "That's not true." The Sith Master holofied stared at him, but from the angle, Boroc was looking through the hologram into Ascheron's. "Its not possible. Evil and Good are two definite things. To say that what is evil is good is folly." The Jedi-Philosophe replied. His verbal challenge's strenght reflecting that of his physical.
Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal

After the freedom of Spyrta soon won, Shinobi, Ronin, Samurai, and Orochi will clash under waning moon and rising sun

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:26 pm

Ascheron smilled wickedly.

"But you have only the word of your masters go here. That is why this place was constructed, as a place of truth."

He paused and with a flicker of motion reached out with the force and activated another holocron this time a jedi one.

A shimmering figure appeared.

"I am jedi master Quor Malast. The force is unifying. It binds all living things together, it makes no distinctions between light or darkness within each thing. Do you think that a stone can fall to the dark side of the force, any more than a tree can harbour the light side? Rather the force is one, it is only us in our fractured, finite existences that percieve the nuances and variations in the force as being dark or light."

Ascheron watched Borroc's face intently the entire time the holocron played.

"Surely you have not just accepted the jedi orders teaching as truth without considering the fact that theirs is only one viewpoint of the force. I offer you a chance to learn the true nature of the force, to lay down your arms and let me show you the possibilities that exist in the force" he said waving his hand around at the miriad of other holocrons sitting within the chamber.
* Beware the fury of a patient man.

* What's the point in being alive if you're not living?

* "But we can't be free, until we learn to laugh at ourselves. Once you look in the mirror and see just how foolish we can be, laughter is inevitable. And from laughter comes wisdom." - G'Kar, B5

PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt
Queen of the Damned

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:00 am

Kiar moved in between the woman and her firends force pushing the womans way."You were dancing with me sis. However you are but adeaquated with the blade. But not as good as me."

Sorry for the shitty post but where is your emial.
Tabetha/Hunt
I got out of the bed today.
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
-Winter Sleep Weighty Ghost
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:44 pm

(OOC: Appologies for that, some unexpected house related issues arose and I've been a lot busier than I hoped. Will send you something this evening or tomorrow for definite!)

* "But we can't be free, until we learn to laugh at ourselves. Once you look in the mirror and see just how foolish we can be, laughter is inevitable. And from laughter comes wisdom." - G'Kar, B5

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:13 pm

Ascheron could sense the internal conflict in Borroc and took more tangible action.

Reaching out he tore a statue from the wall and called it towards him at incredible speed while with the other hand he lashed out with the force and smashed it to rubble.

"The force exists in everything, every stone, every plant, every animal, the entire galaxy is filled with it, driven by it. We need only atune ourselves to the force and nothing is beyond our grasp."

Reaching out he looked at Borroc intently, clutching his heart with invisible force fingers and gently compressed, feeling the mans heartbeat slowing down for a few seconds before releasing again.

"Lay down your arms and take your place at my side as my apprentice. I will show you things in the force no jedi could begin to imagine" he said his stance confident and his lightsaber ignited in his hand.

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:15 am

The lightsaber retreated into the hilt of the blade. Borroc clipped it to his belt. It was as though his entire soul felt cold, and he shivered heavily. His eyes found Ascheron's and in them, knew that this man could help him with his problems. Problems that he had. Problems that tormented him. Problems that had to be resolved.

"I will...join you. Master."

After the freedom of Spyrta soon won, Shinobi, Ronin, Samurai, and Orochi will clash under waning moon and rising sun

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:40 pm

Ascheron grinned and disengaged his saber before clipping to his belt.

"Come my apprentice and kneel with me, there is much we need for you to learn of the force."

As he spoke Ascheron reached out and sensed the fight between his apprentice. If she won her fight then she would prove a good test for his new apprentice, if she fell then her conqueror would be the same.

"Your overconfidence shall be your undoing Jedi she spat, spinning the blade round her ina figure eight defensive stance. "The force has far more uses than mere blade fighting sister, perhaps i will give you a demonstration."

Noticing a piece of debri from some damage the building had sustained through the years, she reached out and pulled it straight for the midrif of the jedi.

She watched as the jedi's blade spun and intercepted the chunk of rock, breaking it into a shower of dust and fragments.

With a battle cry she moved in on the jedi, her blade spinning, the curved handle enabling her to do more graceful and deadly spin attacks than a normal blade, but she could sense the imbalance in their skill levels, the jedi had the advantage. She could not afford to hold anything back if she was to win and save her master from yet another distraction. For you my love she whispered as she swung her blade at the kneck of the jedi.

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:51 pm

"Yes master." Was Borroc's only reply. Agreed he was still getting used to the idea, it was so weird. Calling a Dark Jedi "Master". More importantly, a Sith, a corrupted version of a Dark Jedi. It was still too much to handle. Borroc saw the slain bodies of his brother and his apprentice before him. By the Force...what was that? He probed harder. What? Wait a minute....

OOC: :mrgreen:

Queen of the Damned

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:39 pm

Kiar looked watched as the blade spininging around, she force pushed the girl and stepped forward. "Is ture love sending the one you love out to be killed. Is true love sending the one your heart belongs to sends you out to seduce a man into his service. Would he really want you after you offered your self to another man.

No if he really loved you sister he would fight me and protect you. Tell me is he kind to you? Is he tender? If he really loves you he would let send you somewhere safe and fight me himslef. You deserve better.

Fight me if you want but youll never win. I have known love I have know hate and I have known loss. And I dont see love in your eyes only desparition to please. . . . and loss."Kiar said knowing the pain the girl felt. It was a dark pain that ate away at your soul evey moment of every day.
Tabetha/Hunt
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:12 pm

The jedi's words stung at her, cut deeper than any blade would. In another time and place she might have responded differently but she knew it was too late and it only made her all the angrier and more determined to destroy the woman or die trying. Reaching out she launched a storm of force lightning with a yell of anger and hurt.

Queen of the Damned

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:11 pm

Kiar held her saber out and buffered the lightinging,"Comeon sister you can do better than than"Seh fereplied then threw hre hand out forec pushing at the woman hopeing to kock her off balance.
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick

WedaScami
Enemy of the Republic

Post by WedaScami » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:03 pm

Kaelin was about to step in to the fray when he noticed the two women carrying on a conversation as they fought. As the blades of brilliant colors collided and repelled one another, the two women exchanged verbal attacks as well. The Jedi Knight held his emerald blade at bay, listening in on their pointed remarks.

The Dark Jedi had apparently brought another with her. This one was a male, and perhaps her lover. Though through his probings in the Force, Kaelin discovered that it seemed to be a sort of twisted love that was skewed by the Darkside. He felt the woman's connection to this man--it was a strong bond.

The young Jedi stepped away from the pitched battle, observing that the other Jedi had things in hand for the time being. Looking around to further study his surroundings, Kaelin noticed a temple carved out of olden stone nearby. It seemed to emanate both Dark and Light-- forming a strange alchemy in the Force. He was perplexingly drawn to this ancient structure, and stepped away from the battlefield, disengaging his blade, but holding the hilt loosely in his palm.

His footsteps echoed hollowly through the massive halls of the ill-lit structure. In the dim ambience, he noticed hundreds of statues of regal Jedi lining each wall, forming a pillar that extended the entire height of the room to the cieling. Opposite these forms were the cruel, twisted visages of those same Jedi turned to Darkness-- a grim reminder of the quarreling powers that were present here.

What a strange place this was! How could two so completely opposite forces exsist in the same place for so long? The answer intrigued him, and Kaelin made his way deeper into the heart of the temple. The Jedi Knight soon felt the chilling presence of the Darkside run down his spine. Ever step brought him closer to this embrace, but he fortified his senses against its encroachment, and drove it away.

Two distinct presences made themselves apparent to him. One was wholly evil, but the other seemed... irresolute in his path. Perhaps a new convert? Either way, these men were here for the Holocrons, and each of them had to be stopped...

OOC: Pulled Kaelin out of that battle to go find Ascheron and Borroc. Let's see what happens!
"Greatness is not measured by how well you speak of yourself, but how well others speak of you."

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:53 pm

Ascheron sensed the presence of the jedi approach and grimaced internally. Too soon he thought as he turned to face his new apprentice.

"You must learn to let go of your old assumptions about the force, forget what you have learned and open yourself up to the force and all that it has to offer, unlearn what you have learned. Only by wiping the board clean can it be used in its fullness."

Reaching out he activated a holocron and watched as the shimmering figure of the holocrons gatekeeper appeared.

"This holocron will teach you the basics of the true nature of the force. In time you will learn others. Learn from this and I shall return in a moment"

He watched as Borroc knelt and stepped away moving to the entrance to the holocron chamber where he spotted the approaching Jedi. Opening his hands both his lightsabers went flying into his hands and he held them ready to ignite, his face a combination of calm and menace.

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:11 am

"Yes, my master." Borroc replied, his voice dead even, as he headed off to a more secluded area of the repository, to be away from everything, so that he could better learn and understand the teachings of the Force. The true meanings of the Force that guided, that binded, that permeated all. He had felt the Jedi, and knew that Ascheron would deal with him. Borroc wanted to learn, that was all.

"Teach me, Holocron, the truths of the Force." And it did.

OOC: More later.

WedaScami
Enemy of the Republic

Post by WedaScami » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:49 pm

Kaelin moved cautiously through the temple now, each footfall taken more lightly than the last as he attempted to veil his approach at least from the ear. He knew, however, that whomever stood between him and the holocrons must have already sensed his presence in the Force—tip-toeing here was perhaps as useless as bringing a vibroblade to a blaster fight—yet it brought him a certain degree of paranoid comfort nonetheless.

The Jedi Knight approached an arched doorway, still holding his weapon, deactivated, loosely in his palm. Something told him that it would be of more use there than hooked to his belt, where he would be in a decidedly precarious position if ambushed. However, a new sensation of a frosty touch beckoned to him—and it became so blatantly apparent to the Jedi that the Darkside was near that a novice in the Force could have sensed it.

This darkness seemed more pure than that which had emanated from the woman outside. No—this was a deep-seeded loathing that seemed fortified even to his own pure heart. As he peered into the massive portal from afar, Kaelin discovered that the blackened silhouette of a figure stood motionless slightly inside the room. This figure would have been easily mistaken for another ornate statue had it not been for the nearly overwhelming feeling of dread that seemed to wrap itself around the form, slithering its way across the floor and threatening to constrict his senses with its suffocating presence.

Kaelin shuddered inadvertently, keeping his emotions in check and his voice confident as he called out, “Are you the one that seeks the ancient objects of Jedi lore?”

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:55 pm

Ascheron looked up an smiled wryly and shook his head.

"You're behind the times Jedi, perhaps you should run back to your precious academy and study up a bit more before you get in over your head."

His expression flared momentarily as he sent out a wall of dark side energy at the jedi. It wasn't a push, and it wasn't lightning, it was meant to slow and drain the resolve of an oponent.

WedaScami
Enemy of the Republic

Post by WedaScami » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:46 pm

Kaelin felt a sudden fatigue fall upon him. As if he’d just run a long distance, and his energy had been lessened. Beads of sweat trickled lazily down the small of his back, and a certain feeling of bewilderment plagued him. The Jedi Knight tightened his grip on the saber with a clammy palm now, determined not to let this man’s tricks get the better of him. Concentration on the Force cured him of these sudden afflictions, and he was again able to focus upon this… individual.

The glint of metal suddenly caught Kaelin’s eye—nearly imperceptible in the poor light. The Jedi quickly recognized this glimmer as the man’s lightsabers. His blades were held down at each side. It was peculiar that the Dark Jedi hadn’t yet ignited his weapons, but instead insisted upon these mind games before he moved toward aggression.

The young Jedi’s voice was unwavering, “Abandon your task, and leave these artifacts to those who have kept them for millennia in peace. Your insatiable thirst for power and dominion will not be satisfied through these relics, by any measure.”

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:12 am

“Abandon your task, and leave these artifacts to those who have kept them for millennia in peace. Your insatiable thirst for power and dominion will not be satisfied through these relics, by any measure.”

He laughed. Not a normal laugh, but a deep quiet laugh that echoed in the force.

"You jedi are all the same, you assume much but know little. If you truely understood the force you would join me. I offer you that chance once and once only. Lay down your weapon and let me show you why this place was built."

Ascheron was genuine in his offer but knew that the possibility of the jedi accepting was slim. They were young and no doubt still in full flow of the jedi teachings without having considered the alternatives. Shame he thought to himself as he awaited the answer.

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:19 pm

The force blast caught her in the chest and it tossed her back. Rather than fight it she carried the momentum and rolled backwards, dropping her saber and rolling back up to her feet where she called her saber back to her hand and ignited it again, her anger burning through her anew and her eyes glimmering in defiance.

"You will not prevail sister turn now or face your destiny" she screamed and moved in for the kill, it was time to end this.

Queen of the Damned

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:06 pm

Kira watched the woman move forward on her with her saber. Sorry sister your right it is time to end it, and it will be you who will not walk away Kiar thought she waited till the girl was in range fliped over behind the girl and the the brilllant glow of her silver blade lunging toward the girls back.

ooc
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:10 am

It was if time slowed down for her as she watched the jedi leap over her head as she ran forward. The force guided her and she spun to her left, bringing her curved saber round in an upwards slant aiming to cut the girl in half mid jump but her blow was blocked and her momentum carried her round. All too late.

With a scream of pain the saber penetrated her left side, piercing her ribcage, lungs and severing an artery. She slumped to her knees as blood began pouring from the wound and looked up at the woman who had bested her, a mixture of pain and loss on her face. Opening her mouth she tried to speak but could say nothing as the last of her life faded and she fell forward into a growing pool of her blood.

Queen of the Damned

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:12 am

Kiar rushed forward grabbing the girl. She removed her cloak and placed it over the gril. Even though this woman had ried to kill her Kiar did all she could to help her."I'm sorry.."Kira said trying to apply aid ot the wound knowing it was a vain hope.

She was long gone, as a rush of coldness came over her. The young weapons master had killed many in her life before, and with each death it ook moe of her soul. She then pulled the cloak over her face, a show of respect.

The she stood up and faced down the dark she was talking to,"Do you wish this for your future. Surrender now."
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:50 pm

Ascheron felt the death of his apprentice and the echoing ripple of sadness that went with it. Not quite the end he'd envisioned for her, nor the path he'd have hoped she'd taken. He would have been lying to himself to say he didn't mourn her loss on some level, she had loved him and he her in a strange way but death was the way of things, it was how the strong survived and she had not been strong enough. Perhaps his new apprentice would prove better suited to the new order.

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

The Fall

Post by Mirrodin » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:22 am

There is no Peace; There is Anger.
There is no Fear; There is Power.
There is no Death; There is Immortality.
There is no Weakness; There is the Dark Side.

The words hung in the air, as Borroc listened to the Sith Master and the Jedi Master. Borroc had the distinct feeling that the Jedi Master hadn't been regarded that well within the Jedi community due to his fews. It was a small feeling but one that came to him with a smile.

The Force. What is it? A mystical energy that cannot be explained. What question is there about the force that can be explained? That it is neither good nor evil. It matters on how one looks at it. How one manipulates it. How one deigns to use it. No, the Force is not a mystical energy that cannot be explained. The Force is simply a potent form of mankind's greed. Consider for a moment, what the Jedi call the Light Side and the Dark Side. The Light Side is Greed, Avarice, is it not? By protecting the so called good of the galaxy, the Light siders protect the Avarice and Greed of the people that they save. The Light side therefore perpetuates the problem and does nothing to solve it. In a sense, the self denial of a Light Side Jedi gives self indulgence to the protected person Jedi master Quor Malast said. Sith Master Horn Slekku turned to regard his Jedi Co-Mentor. In the same regards Slekku began the Dark side merely exploits mankind's Avarice and Greed for itself, instead of letting others have it. You have the power, why not use it for yourself, instead of granting the benefits of it to others? Wisdom is not the counting of all the drops in a waterfall. Wisdom is learning why the water seeks the earth.

Borroc's mind was beginning to feel as though it was on fire. On one side was the teachings that he had been given as a child. The Jedi are the Guardians of the Galaxy. They protect and serve the people, bringing justice and law to the unjustice and lawless. The Light side serves the people through the Jedi, something that must be understood and revered. On the other side, were the teachings of the Sith and the Dark side, espoused by Ascheron and embodied by these holocrons. There is no Peace; There is Anger. There is no Fear; There is Power. There is no Death; There is Immortality. There is no Weakness; There is the Dark Side.

There is no Weakness; There is the Dark Side. I am weak. But that condition need not be so. Borroc opened his mind. Darkness flooded it. As he opened his eyes, his normal black eyes were changed. His pupils had become fire red, and seemed as though they were alive, dancing in the confines of their location. From a shelf, two objects fell, free falling to land directly infront of the Jedi-Philosophe, now becoming a Sith-Philosophe. Two bright red crystals. Borroc pulled the wrist saber off, with ease. He set it down next to his lightsaber. The Truthful will stand in the gaze of death and escape unharmed. An old Jedi teaching that his old master had taught to him sprang, unbidden, to his mind. He grinned wickedly. How true it was. How true it was.

Let the Transformation begin
Light to Darkness
For All to One
This Night, This Knight
Death's Chant does Delight
Truth and Justice still forefront
Difference being the soul's joy
Darkness drips/Darkness sings/Darkness devours all
And only Darkness remains

OOC: :D Whatcha think, y'all?

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:26 am

Ascheron regarded Kaelin and sighed lightly.

"Your time to choose grows short Jedi. Join the new order or fall with the ways of old. The time of the Sith and Jedi is at an end, the time of Ascheron is at hand."

Igniting both his sabers he stood waiting for the answer. Behind him he could sense a surge in the dark side and smilled. So his new apprentice had learned their first and most important lesson.

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

The Fall: II

Post by Mirrodin » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:09 am

The Force churned within him, trying to be set free. Borroc's Lightsaber was lifted up into the air. His eyes still closed, Borroc concentrated, pulling the components apart, but not roughly. No, he did not want his saber destroyed, only taken apart. With two sparks, one at the top, and one at the bottom of the saber, the casing opened, and the parts came out, the wires, energy cell, flux capacitor, everything. They floated in the air as well. Borroc, his eyes still on fire, slid his hand past these things, to find what he was looking for.

There it was.

His blue crystyal. He, through the Force, wrenched it from the saber. In his mind, it was as though a thousand voices cried out. The Fall of a Knight, the Beginning of Darkness. Red replaced Blue. Sith replaced Jedi. Dark replaced Light. Suddenly, blue "lightning" from the blue crystal surged outwards, expanding at a rapid pace. The red crystal glowed, throbbing. The throbbing slammed into his mind like a migraine. The Bothan cried out, the pain almost becoming overwhelming. But it did not overwhelm him. Nothing could overwhelm him. He was a Sith. There is no Death; There is Immortality. There is no Weakness; There is the Dark Side. He repeated the words, as though they were a mantra. The Blue lightning, expanding outward, stopped its exodus. The tendrils of energy turned, wrapping around the blue gem, sucked towards the Red Crystal. The Red crystal shone brightly, as it took everything the blue crystal had. Everything. The Blue crystal had become a charred lump of nothing. It dropped to hit the ground with the thud.

Borroc grinned, but suddenly the energy lightning that was blue became red and surged outwards, striking the Bothan in the forehead. Fur was singed away, and Borroc screamed. An unearthly scream, perpetuated by Darkness. Only Darkness Remains.

The lightning stopped, and Borroc's forehead had an ugly mark burned into it. The smoke from it rose, and it stung at Borroc's eyes. As he blinked the tears away, he saw the smoke become Bothan sigils for a second or two, before drifting away.

For my confession they burned me with fire
And found that I was for endurance made.

He got to work on his wrist saber. The two holocron guardians only smiled. the Acolyte of Shadow had been born. Who was to be his succesor? Only time would tell.

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

The Fall: III

Post by Mirrodin » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:54 pm

As Borroc finished placing the red crystal in the wrist saber, he noticed that the crystal was not a whole one. A jagged line formed hte right side. Upon a closer inspection of the crystal he had just put into his regular saber, he found the same jagged line, only this time, it made up the left side. As though the crystals had once been united.

The Heart of the Sokenzan

The words just came to him, unbidden. He knew not from where or whence they came, but knew that they were here, and that he was to take them for what they were. Whatever the Heart of the Sokenzan was, it was now his. His to use. His to manipulate. His alone, now and forever.

He knelt, as the two holocron masters spoke anew. It was as though their voices had become one, Dark Side mixing with Light Side. There was no difference. There was only the Force. No perversions. There was only the Sith. No tainted weaklings. There was only Muir.