Space Patrol : The Sky is Falling

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Jolts

Post by Jolts » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:04 am

OOC:It's been a long time.. far too long. :P

I'de like to return, but I don't know for how long. However it should be more then 3 months :P

So how's everybody doing?

Space Patrol... you can't live with it, but can't liive without it either. You are all bad man, for making me an addict :P
Well I'd just thought what it would be like to bounce of the pavement. Pretty much as I expected. --> Spike - Angel

Space Patrol for life

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:09 am

(ooc : It's the Space Patrol reunion! :) Welcome back, Jolts. Even if you can't stay long, it's good to see ya.

And yes, we're all addicts. But there are worse vices. :))
Exile from the Exodus... Space Patrol... forever.

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:19 am

OOc:

Yeah, like Babylon 5.
"Tucker, there's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day." -Church. Red vs. Blue.

‘I swear by my pretty florid bonnet I will end you’ –Mal. Firefly.

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:30 am

OOc: Just for the record, I own the complete B5 on DVD… of course now that I’ve got it all, the addiction costs me nothing save a few hours a week watching them.
BTW, I meant to post yesterday but had trouble getting online.

Ic:

Kelsey took two long deep breaths before letting the third one out as the boarding ramp hissed slowly open.
She was calm now, her annoyance at her father’s declaration that she’d been ‘sulking’ had dissipated in the ten minutes it had taken the two ships to descend safely to the world’s surface. It was just the general annoyance that had lead to her staying aboard the Chama in the first place that now remained to darken her eyes.
Somewhere aboard her ship was a device that had allowed dad to take control. It seemed no matter how far she ran she couldn’t escape the reason she’d left in the first place.
Well that, the bump on her head and her closest friend for the past year betraying her all contributed to this general mood of annoyance. Still, she was determined not to show her father even that much.
She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction, she had carefully prepared just exactly what she was going to say to him, how excruciatingly nice she was going to be about that whole thing and just how bad she would make him feel about it all
This was going to be fun.
Pulling on a green overcoat she stepped off the ship to meet her captor/father/rescuer only to find him already winding his way through the tightly pack group of aged Snub fighters towards another group approaching from the control tower.
Well if that’s how you want to be about it… she moved to follow…

Zev scratched his neck as he came to a halt behind his superior slightly bemused by this whole turn of events. He didn’t think he’d ever heard of any intelligence Agent with so much disrespect for the proper order of things as Colonel Adats.
The man had postponed a priority mission in order to stop off on some uncharted rim-world (that granted was in the general direction they were headed anyway), drop of his daughter and now he was handing over classified information files to a man who most obviously was not authorised to receive it.
“Thank’s Litan.” Said the silver blond man as he handed the Pad over to the Bothan beside him. “Kar’naan, you should probably get onto this right away.”
“I was going to.”
“Good, anything else bring you here old friend or is this purely a business trip.”
Litan threw a thumb over his shoulder and said. “Yeah. Her.”
Zev turned, and for the first time he laid eyes on Kelsey Adats.
Dark brown hair bounced it’s way down her back as she picked her way through the assorted space craft at a determined pace.
Under normal circumstances, though not his type he would definitely have considered her hot, but these were not normal circumstances.
She was pissed, her brow was creased and her right hand clenched tightly around the grip of a Blaster pistol.
’This girl really IS cute when she’s angry.’
“And.” Litan continued, “I need to see Cam or Cecil or someone. I need to brief them personally and-“
“Ah Lits.” Zev saw what was about to happen and tugged hurriedly on the sleeve of his jacket.
“What!” The spy turned and was promptly whacked onto his side by a stun blast.
“That.” He nodded to the now unconscious man before turning to the similarly stunned looking Lynch. “Family issues.” He explained, as Kelsey finally reached them, a big lopsided grin of satisfaction on her face.
Lynch just nodded, he’d long ago come to expect this kind of behaviour from the Adats clan and so sighing he greeted his daughter in law before turning back to Zev.
“You wanna get his legs?”

OOc: Take it away… anyone, Litan is now in need of a doctor.
"Tucker, there's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day." -Church. Red vs. Blue.

Jolts

Post by Jolts » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:41 am

All there was left was a single stone. The only place in the galaxy where there was evidence of her existence. She had become a piece of rock.

Salii Lettorn

Forever remembered

Forever loved

He used to spend more time at here remembrance site, but that was before… A time in which he was more concerned with himself then others. A period of self loathing.

They had never been able to recover her body from the wreckage that hung in orbit of that blasted nameless planet. She had volunteered to lead a medical expedition to a planet far outside the republic. With minimal military support they had trusted on the goodwill and neediness of the worlds inhabitants. It proved to be their undoing.

Immediately after entering the system, unknown pirates had lain waste to the expedition, capturing whatever medical supplies and staff they could. She however, had no medical knowledge and therefore wasn’t of value. They had left her aboard with the detonators set.

Since there had been no body there had been hope for her survival. They had even gone to the system to look for any sign of her. Eventually they had found it in the form of a rescue beacon. It contained a message for her husband and son telling them, she loved them and would see them again, before the ship rocked with explosions.

All of it had happened seven years ago. Jolturn now only visited the site on certain occasions, her birthday and the day that let to those unfaithful events. Today would have been her 41st birthday. He stared aimlessly at the sky, before something in the corner of his eye caught his attention. For the first time in seven years he smiled as the shooting star crossed the sky.

He reached for his Jedi weapon, something which he had done far too much in the past, and activated it. With utter care he started carving, adding precious words.

Salii Lettorn

Forever remembered

Forever loved

Across the stars

OOC: It's short but hey.. I'm baaaack
Well I'd just thought what it would be like to bounce of the pavement. Pretty much as I expected. --> Spike - Angel

Space Patrol for life

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Two down...

Post by xfiend1013 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:33 pm

OOC: Welllll, a quick "up and at 'em" post to show what's happened, and where I'm goin' with it...

Also, I don't know TOO much about the Vong, so I'm kinda winging it...

IC:

Garrett felt as though he were floating, unable to pin his mind into his pounding skull. It felt like his brain was expanding, renovations were being made to that battered batch of cerebellum.

Excuse our dust while we expand to serve you better.

What had happened? He had been on some newfound planet, after escaping from the Hutts onboard the Codex. His vision had just recently come back, the nanobacteria in his bloodstream finally grafting the final shreds of flesh into his new eyeballs. He had been observing a peaceful society, farmers and traders, artists and businessmen, on the verge of opening communications and trade with the rest of the galaxy...

Then, an apocalypse. Ships - living ships. Had it been meteors? Everyone had believed it to be a collision with an asteroid field, but matters had, in but a few hours, escalated into an unbelievable abomination. The surface of the planet - what was it's name? - had been bombarded with meteors, space rocks filled with deadly gases, vicious predators, poisons, plauges, diseases...

Billions were dead in a day.

Garrett didn't believe anyone had escaped - he hardly believed that he had escaped. The Codex - the Codex, damnit! - had, to Garrett's horror - paniced! A terrified AI! They had fled the hordes of living ships, Garrett straining at the controls, shrieking at the frozen Codex AI, pleading it to open a wormhole.

Codex had said nothing; they escaped only as one of the tentacled alien missiles pierced her hull, sending a swarm of insidious metallic insects swarming about the ship, attempting to devour the Codex with chemical bile and razor-sharp jaws. A green gas had poured into the air, sending Garrett to the floor - and now he was in a bacta tank.

All around the tank he saw the bluish shells of the insects. Dead. The Codex had repaired most of the internal damage - it would have taken, at least, a day.

Garrett felt for the release on the tank and opened the seal. Dripping bacta, he swaggered towards a chair, reeling under weak legs, his stomach quivering, his body roaring in an agonizing protest of motion.

"Codex?" He asked. "What happened?"

There was no reply.

"Where are we?"

Again, silence.

"Codex?" He asked. "Do a diagnostic! Report, damnit! What the frell is going on?"

There was a brief hum as the ship readjusted itself, regulated it's power.

"It happens again."

GrndAdmrlVegeta
Master Lurker

Post by GrndAdmrlVegeta » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:44 pm

OOC: Man, all these people coming back at once... it's almost enough to make a guy wanna join in. But since I haven't written in a while and my stuff wouldn't be quite up to the caliber of everyone else, I'll just lurk and bother you guys now and then. ;) Happy posting!
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Return to Cecil's Moon

Post by xfiend1013 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:45 pm

Garrett shivered again, tugging at the brown, all-purpose blanket/cloak he'd picked up on the now-decimated planet. It was made from a tough, dull material that was very warm, and also highly effective at shielding the wearer from solar radiation - cool in the hot sun, warm in the cold nights.

The people of the planet - which Garrett could not, for any reason, name - had almost all worn one of the brown cloaks, and Garrett had purchased one in a kiosk mere minutes before the meteors began to pummel the surface and the bizarrely-shaped alien craft had cluttered the sky.

His head hurt. Samples of his blood sat frozen in test tubes, awaiting a detailed analysis back at his home on Cecil's Moon - if it still stood. He knew he'd been infected by a plethora of poisons, diseases, and chemicals during the first few minutes of the attack, and he wanted to make find out what they were, and if there were any way to protect people from them.

And to see if you're contagious... he reminded himself. He pressed a few buttons on the lab console and called in the modified TwoOneBee medical droid that had taken up residence with the rest of the Codex's automated crew.

Which, he reminded himself, was one short. While his P53 astromech had managed to escape to the Codex in time to avoid the apocalypse, his remote had not. He was fortunate that the TwoOneBee had remained onboard.

"Alright..." He said, extending his arm towards the mechanical manacles of the droid. "I want a full diagnostic done on myself. Run cross references between all my current fluid samples and the infectious agents found in my earlier blood samples - triplicate sensitivity. Run a Hazae blot on any unknown living organisms you find."

Garrett looked at the display as the droid went to work on a blood sample. The entire operation would take 26 hours - in that amount of time he and P53 could repair the Codex.

He hoped he just had somewhere to jump to when this was over - he might never be clean enough to venture near a civilized system for the rest of his life, or - if this invasion was just a taste of things to come - he might not have anywhere left in the galaxy to GO.

Coret Trobane

Post by Coret Trobane » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:16 am

ooc: <pokes everyone for good measure> bound to get attention if i post on both SP threads ... especially the 5 month old one :)

hey guys ... hoping one of you can remember a piece of SP trivia i've forgotten, but is integral to a story i'm working on ... which world was it where Colden Gawein was first brought into the story? I've tried to remember, but i just can't :(

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:15 am

(ooc: Adam would be the one to know. I've forgotten way too much... Took me almost 20 minutes to remember the name of my own slicer character. :()

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:03 pm

ooc:

Could've been the 18th trip to Bespin to battle the (then) evil bas*ard guy Nivv... or it may have been Nar Shadddaaadad or whatever it's called. I think it was one of those two. It was pre-Return to Coruscant and that was pretty much it for viseted planets save Mykyr or Cecil's moon. I'll try to find out for certain for you however I injured myself in the process of trying to find out and I'm not going back in the loft again tonight to take another look.

You see if I actually knew for certain I'd do the whole Don Corni...Corne... er the Godfather bit and ask you to repay the favour but instead I'll just guilt you as I twisted my ankle in the loft looking for the disk with the old Space Patroles saved to. SO. Could you put my mind at ease and tell me the name of the mighty Colden's offspring?

Oh and Hi. How r ye.

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:00 pm

OOc:

Just to clarify I slipped on a Christmas tree. :|

Jolts

Post by Jolts » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:12 am

OOC: It was during the bespin period, something with weapons, don't really know for sure.. but it's a start.

I'll post IC soon

Space Patrol for life

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:04 am

OOc: Bespin.

...I hope your happy! I'm crippled for... mybe another few hours!

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:34 am

(ooc : I'm still here... Trying to think up an idea for a post while I try to format the hard drive on my old PC. Spyware has taken over, and even "hijack this" won't touch it. Time to nuke it. Last time I download hacks for a game. :shock: Sorry about the Christmas tree, Adam. Been there, done that.)

Coret Trobane

Post by Coret Trobane » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:53 pm

ooc: Colden and Kat's kids ... geez ... i'm not sure i can remember :( i lost a lot of my stuff in a bad hard drive format about a year ago now... and there's been a lot of booze consumed since then :)

Thanks muchly though adam ... if i remember, it was just after colden came onto the scene that nivv turned up?

I'll try and get my memory working as to what the kids names were ... i'll let ya know how it goes (and yes, i shall likely hurt my brain in doing so far more than you hurt your ankle ... thinking hurts :))

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:08 am

ooc: Thnaks much. Your welcomb

Not a typo... but a state of mind.

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:14 am

(ooc : Yay! My desktop PC is going to be a beast, soon. It's now got 240 Gb of hard drive space, a 48x CD burner, a 16x DVD burner, a 64Mb Radeon graphics card... All I need to do is boost the RAM, and it'll be much nicer. :))

Coret Trobane

Post by Coret Trobane » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:51 pm

OOC: no luck with gawein kids' names :(

Do have another question, did you ever find that floppy disk with the SP thread backups? :D

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:31 pm

ooc: No, my theory is its at my Dads but I can't be bothered to go all the way to Ashford. However, I may have another lead on them...
Check back Thursday...