Star Wars: Predator or Prey

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Star Wars: Predator or Prey

Post by Ericson_Wessell »

Near the planet of Nar Hutta, sliding through the not so empty space. The Skipray Blastboat, Haivak, a gleaming weapon of destruction came racing out of hyperspace. Being pursued by a Corellian Corvette (GCW-as a rebel blockade runner), that looked like it had seen a better times. Once the corvette enter normal space, it opened up with a barrage of death.

"Ha, ha, ha, ha, you should of thought twice before crossing me....bounty hunter." The laughter could be heard from the pilots chair of the Haivak. Jubie just sat there eyes fixed on the planet ahead. He knew if could get close enough to the planet. The Hutts own security would stop the corvettes assault. Jubie directed all power from the ion cannons to the rear shields, just as a turbolaser hit from the corvette hit. Depleting pretty much all of the rear shields energy. "Well, I guess I didn't need ion cannons anyway. He ducked and weaved through the space debris, giving him some cover from the assault. Turbolaser fire, tore up the debris around him. Turning it into molten pieces of metal. That tended to hit and burn up in his deflector shields.

"Jubie, when I get my hand on you. I'm going to have your brain cut out and put into a droid on Tatooine," the bothan said in a evil tone.
"This will shut him up, Jubie said. He flipped a switch that sent currents of electricity, with five second intervals, to the floor of the prisoners cell.
"Ouch...ahhhhh....curse you Jubie." The bothan yelled.
Jubie let him moan in agony a little while longer, then he deactivated the nuisance device. Knowing the bothan wouldn't be a nuisance any more.

A couple of turbolaser bolts passed him by in the opposite direction. A couple of corvettes and a strike cruiser flew in formation towards the two ships.
"You have entered Hutt space, stop your assault or you will be destroyed. Jubie veered up and to the right bring himself between the two crime syndicates corvettes. This made the stray laser fire hit the incoming starships. All at once the heavily armed corvettes and cruiser opened fire on the lone corvette.
The Hutt comm guy opened up the channel one last time. "You had been warned, now your going to die."
Jubie brought the Haivak up close to the belly of one of the corvettes and passed the onslaught leaving the lone corvette to the Hutts mercy. The corvettes engines was quickly knocked out, the guns would soon too. Which ment the ship and its crew would belong to the Hutts, forever.
War is just the beginning

Quote from Vox
"I take it your new to the MBT and its flow aren't ya Ericsson? If you aren't your pretty nieve and that isn't necessarily a bad thing when it comes to the MBT."
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin »

Nar Shaddaa
A Z-95 headhunter, clearly modified came out of hyperspace. It bypassed what seemed to be a one way fight between a Skipray Blastboat and a Corellian Corvette. The headhunter manuevered quickly down to the planet below.

Within minutes, it was docked in a hideawayed docking area, in the more...shadowy part of town.

"How did it go, my dear?" The old man said.

"The Force is with us, Master Kryk."

"Good, very good."

OOC: I know it sucks, but I did it quickly.

Post by The most high Genour »

'What do you mean NO DEAL?' Jenner shouted at the hologram,' I did the job now pay me you overgrown fluxcapacitor!!!'
the hologram of a droid replied, 'The job was to capture the bothan quietly, you not only didn't manage to capture him, you vaporised him and set of several alarms and got many of our men killed'
Jenner slammed the comm off. He was annoyed, annoyed beyond all annoyance and anger!
Not only had some silly spiced up pirate managed to destroy his ship, he was stuck on the only planet he hated more the tatooine. Who would want to be on Nar Shadaa? You can't even get a good correlian ale.

Storming away from the holocomm area, he headed down the main street towards the closest bar. He needed a job, and quick one that would get him enough money to buy a new ship and away from this sithhole...
Just at that moment he walked into a strange looking man, almost like some form of cultest, they'd been popping up everywhere the last weeks if not months.
'Hey watch it!!' he shouted but as usual the cultest didn't even look at him, he just walked away like Jenner wasn't there. Like everyone else had done to him the last few weeks.
He needed a job, and quick...
/ooc: hope you like, its my first for ages
i don't know what to say, i really don't!
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

The stink of the cantina filtered into Sierra's nostrils as she entered the room. The occupants were all self-absorbed in their drinks and paid the Jedi little attention if any. Sierra Heartily crossed the large open room and sat down on a stool at the bar, her Jedi robes flowing elegantly behind her.

"A Ruby Bliel," she told the bartender, who shot her a disgusted look before turning away to fix her drink. In spite of his prejudices he couldn't afford to refuse service to any paying customer, Jedi or otherwise. As Sierra waited for her drink she scanned the room for any sign of her querry. There were a few cultists here and there, but not the one she was looking for. Though, it was hard to tell because of the robes they wore.

"That's thirty credits," the bartender snapped as he set her drink down in front of her. Sierra gave the dirty glass a side-long glance and hesitantly handed the man her money. After the bartender had turned away she picked up the glass and examined it. After a moment of scrutinization she decided against drinking whatever it was the man handed her and returned her attention back to the room.

She had been sent by the Jedi Council to investigate the strange disturbances happening on Nar Shadaa. Rumors and hearsay linked these killings and bizzare events to a cult that was just recently formed, and she was sent to investigate that possibility. Also, in addition to searching for any information connecting the cult to the strange disturbances she was charged with finding the source of the enourmous amount of Force energy that was felt eminating from this planet. Two responsibilities that perhaps a newly christened Jedi Knight was not capable of handling, but she accepted the mission willingly thinking that maybe it was some sort of test.

Though whether or not this mission is a test is not important. What is important is finding some way to link the cult to the killings, and in order to do that she needed to find and question a high ranking cultist. A few inquiries placed here and there led her to this bar, which apparently is often frequented by cultists and some of their lower ranking leaders. It was only a matter of time before someone with the proper credentials wandered into the bar...
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Jubie through his prisoner out of his ship. Letting the two Gamorrean guards pick him up. The bothan stood, head drooped, knowing its fate. Nella the Hutt, came sliding out of the large hangar. Her hulking mass slithered like a snake, but she looked like a giant, obese, slug. Jubie looked in disgust, as she approached him.

"Greeting Jubie, I see you have come through again. Wasn't the price 100,000 credits."

"Don't try my patience Nella. It was 120,000 credits." The mask of his black and green Coruscant Guard uniform showed no expression.

"Ah yes, now I remember our agreement. It was 120,000."

"Whatever Nella, just pay up now. I'm a very busy person." Two Gamorrean guards came out holding a chest full of credits. "Nella, don't play me for a full. I want the 20,000 credits."

"With all thats going on with the New Republic, business hasn't exactly been booming."

Jubie put his right hand on blaster. At seeing that, some of the guards grabbed their blasters. "That isn't necessary," Nella said. I will pay the full 120,000 credits." Nella snapped her pudgy fingers, and a Twilek female brought out a smaller box. Here is the extra 20,000 credits we promised you.

Hour later....

Jubie walked in the musky cantina. Jubie took off his helmet. The smell of a hundred species and a hundred different kinds of ales flooded his nose. He looked around, dancers dancing to the beat of the music was off to the far right. The bar was to the left and the zabacc games were being played to the front left side.
Snowmobiler Extraordinaire

Post by JadeKyle »

Rajin bumped into the man that was standing inside the door, "Don't just stand there, and get moving." He pushed the man with one arm moving him a couple steps. He took a look, and his eyes grew wide. The man was wearing a guard uniform, was he an employ of the republic, or a former imperial guard, either way he is trouble.

"I’m sorry sir, can I get you a drink, whatever you'd like." He glanced around; a couple of the patrons were looking in his direction.

God, Rajin you've got to learn when to keep your mouth shut, you gotta calm down a little. He took a deep inhale and slowly exhaled it. Whatever was going to happen he was waiting for this Guard to do something?

Jubie looked at the man who bumped into him. He squinted his eyes, thinking about the probability of this person being a threat. From what he could tell, this being meant no harm.
"I guess you could buy me a drink. Lets go sit in the corner to our left. Lola will come and take care of our needs there."

Post by Kashus_Lusius_Dredth »

As the Deaths Dagger repulser lifts screached down onto the landing pad down below Draith unbuckled his harness and walked down the corridor to the ramp. He steped outside and walked to the security officer that was standing outside the ship.

"Ahh sir, I need to see your ID," the officer said in a stuttering voice.

"I think everything is in place officer, if you look closely," the small box opened and there laid some credits.

"Ok, your cleared, move along," the officer waved him through.

Post by The most high Genour »

Jenner suddenly stopped dead in midstep, a sudden cold sensation of impending doom came over him. He suddenly shivered once, violently. After calming himself, he took a look around to see what was wrong. Has the tempertature dropped suddenly?? But he didn't notice any change to anyone else, even those species who where aspecialy vunrable to colder weather seemed unfazed. It must be something else.
He turned around once again this time his eyes fixated on the starport. He noticed a muscular man with peppery hair, and a mechanized eye...
His memory darted around, his thoughts blazed and raged about in a sotrm of memory.
'OFCOURSE', He shouted aloud making some of the people around him stumble, start or just look at him in disgust.
But Jenner didn't notice their strange looks and befuddlement. He was to wrapped up in what he'd uncovered, the grim reaper, the hunter, was here, here or this planet and that could only mean trouble...
And somehow he knew he would be envolved in it. Then when he looked around again, there was no one at the starport, had he really seen the grim reeper?? Or was he imagining things again. He shrugged it off, the grim reeper couldn't be on this planet, maybe nearby at most, but what would he want here??
He continued his stride, and headed straight toward the nearest cantina to calm his nerves...
i don't know what to say, i really don't!

(Sniff,sniff)

"I can smell them," Draith said to himself and then took another sniff.Yes, very close. Where is that ship that chased that merc into the system, they might know who that merc was and if it is the one I'm look'n for he can lead me to the other bounties and I can kill them all together in one major blood bath."

Draith looked at the building that was to his right and grabbed his dagger and started climbing up the steep wall. The crunch of the dagger going into the wall made little shards of brick and other rock based minerals hit the top of his head but Draith dismissed the annoyance and kept climbing. The building was 40 meters tall. For a normal person it would take hours with mountain climbing stuff but for Draith it took a matter of minutes. When Draith got to the top he looked down at the street below and saw the prison quarters where they keep people that they just caught. "They should be there," Draith said to himself.

bump:

"I need a distraction," Draith thought to himself. "Perfect!"

Draith jumped down to the passing speeders below, and landed on a speeder that had two Rodians. A male Rodian and a female. The female Rodian screeched as Draith grabbed the male rodians head and tossed him out to the street below. Draith jumped in to the driver seat and turned the speeder around toured the prison station. The female rodain still screaming until Draith hit her with his metal arm instantly braking her neck. Draith allowed him to crack a smile. Draith jumped out of the moving speeder doing a summersault in the air until he hit the street with his feet. The speeder ran into the lower level of the complex and exploded, destroying that level of the building. A ground speeder hitting his horn to worn Draith that a speeder was coming at him, but Draith already new and pulled out his blaster and shot the driver in the head. The speeder turned and hit a speeder on the opposite lane and caused a chain reaction of explosions. Draith walked over toured the building and saw a guard struggling to breath because of all the smoke that was around. Draith grabbed him by the neck and hit him with his head, nocking him out. Draith interred the burning complex.