Space Patrol : Part 90 - Once More Unto the Breach

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

The OOC Question

Post by xfiend1013 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:37 pm

OOC: Oh yeah, Cam, I'm all for moving this here fight to the Outer Regions so we can come up across more new stuff and not have to worry about convoluting our already convoluted pasts to bring in the older characters - which I think will happen eventually, no doubt.
Like what I write? I can fix that. Visit my website.

FOLLOW ME! (On twitter)

Cecil

Post by Cecil » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:24 pm

“So what exactly do you need my help with?” Cecil asked.

“We’re at a cross-roads here. On one hand, we’ve got to help Litan, but on the other, we’ve got to stop Exar. I’m not the leader of this little band,” Cameo said, grinning, looking a bit like a specter with his empty eyes. Cecil was used to it though.

“We’ve got to help Litan,” Cecil said flat out. “There’s no doubt about that.” He scratched his chin. “However, I think we’ve got to act fast. The tracking device on Xing’s ship won’t last forever and he might discover it.” Cecil reached over to a console that was nearby and punched a few buttons. A map of near space appeared with a small red dot that was rapidly moving away. “Xing is still in hyperspace, judging by his current speed. We don’t know where exactly he’s headed so…”

“So we need to follow him,” Cameo finished. He sighed. He agreed with Cecil though it was nice to have confirmation. “So we head out into the Unknown Regions after Xing and Exar.”

“Right,” Cecil said, shutting down the display. He rubbed his eyes. “We better get some sleep while we can.” He nodded toward Marle’s lightsaber, attached to Cameo’s belt. “And you better get damn good with that thing. We will probably need it.” He grinned. While the smile itself was completely friendly, there was something else there. A mixture of humor, combined with dread.

Cameo felt a shiver run up his spine. Cecil was probably right. They might just need it.

OOC: Gah. Too short! Oh well, live with it :)

Never try to work two jobs. It sucks. Trust me :)
Cecil, a Space Patrol Original

Not only ham, but you can't have any luncheon meats...

Darksilverwuulf

Post by Darksilverwuulf » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:20 am

Silverwuulf heard the voice in his head, and woke up. At least, he thought he did. Then he looked down, at his sleeping body. "This is new." The noghri muttered before addressing the old man before him. "Who the frell are you? And what have you done to me? Let me sleep in peace. Or at least sleep." Silverwuulf waited impatiently for an explanation. The man called him out of his sleep, he might have seen Silverwuulf's memories.

And that was something that even Silverwuulf was afraid of....
"Embrace the Darkness of your Soul,
For in rejecting of part,
You reject the whole."

The Nogri grins

Rik_Biel

Post by Rik_Biel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:56 am

OOC: Part 90 !!

Good God ! (No offence Cam :) ) You guys are still going strong!!!

How are you all? :)

Rik_Biel

Post by Rik_Biel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:01 am

OOC: Does old Rik ever crack a mention in the story any more?

Or did he just disappear like a fart will tend to do over time?

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Lingering smells....

Post by xfiend1013 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:37 am

Ole' Rik is still around! He's actually sitting onboard the ship here somewhere, puttering about or eating, perhaps...

I think he is, anyway... I could be wrong.

You crazy down-under invader! Your birthday cake was a gay robot, you know.
Like what I write? I can fix that. Visit my website.

FOLLOW ME! (On twitter)

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:50 am

ic:

Litan had returned to his own ship, currently clamped to the upper docking port of the Midnight Run. A matt-black wedge magnetically sealed to the blue-hulled Marauder Corvette. Pim had joined him in the ships minuscule lounge where Litan had been scouring what data files he had on Sadow for useful data. He hadn’t found any; he had however found an old slice of pizza the remnants of an X-wing toy his daughter had lost and an old holo of his wife.
It was a repeating audio-visual file of his wife laughing so hard that she’d snorted. He couldn’t remember the jokes he’d told her to make her laugh so hard, he could barely remember what it was like to actually be happy himself.
The most horrible thing of all was that it hadn’t even made him feel sad.
Still, the Pizza had been edible.
He’d just explained the situation to Pim.
“Wow.” The green uniformed Jedi/Pilot said. “That’s bad.”
Litan thought about making some “master of understatement” wisecrack, he’d even considered just hitting the guy because he knew he should have been angry. But he wasn’t.
Instead he said: “Yes.”
Pim got the message anyway. “Oh… sorry.”
“Nothing to be sorry about, you’re not Venix.”
“Thankfully.”
“I don’t know you’d look good in a blue catsuit.” Litan smirked, more out of habbit than any sense of satisfaction.
“Come on.” He said, levering himself out of his chair. “Lets go visit Rik, find out where we’re going.”
“Well it’s better than eating cold pizza”
“So are a lot of things and thankfully most of them don’t involve Rik. However, the Run is his baby and he is driving. So it’s only polite that we ask him. Besides, the only other way to find out is to look at the nav board and we’d only have to lever him aside to get to it anyway, and that would just make him grumpy.”
“Grumpier.”
“Good point.”

ooc: Happy now.
"Tucker, there's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day." -Church. Red vs. Blue.

‘I swear by my pretty florid bonnet I will end you’ –Mal. Firefly.

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

yay

Post by xfiend1013 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:44 pm

IC:

Zimradam looked out over the noghiri, his fine fur bristling lightly in the unreal wind. He was afraid of something - not of Zimradam, but of...

This place - seeing this place. It was a look into Silverwuulf, into that which he most wanted to keep hidden.

"Your secrets are safe with me, Noghiri." Zimradam said, noticing that the mental plane had become much more stable with Silver's presense. "But they are not safe to keep like this, coming from this... power."

"Memories are personal, yes. But you must keep them yourself, Silver, and not be fed the twisted memories of the dark side - it changes your perception, prevents you from seeing the past as it truly was. When you act on those memories, you do not act in accordance to the truth."

"How can I see the truth? How will I know which is real? They might show me anything here - you might show me anything in this place!" Silverwuulf shouted. He had to, a great wind was picking up, creating a dull rush of air in their ears.

"I will show you!" Zimradam yelled. "We must meditate, here in the storm. Like two pressure fronts, the force outside you and your own self have collided and seek to control your memories. You must see things without the distortion of the dark side!"

Zimradam sat down in the growing wind and crossed his legs. "Meditate." He urged Silver, telepathically. "Meditate, feel me in the force, do as I do and open your third eye. Then you can see your past as it was and journey through it."

"Why are you doing this?!" Silver yelled. Zimradam's robe and beard flickered and flapped around him like a brown flame on the wind.

"Because there is great power behind what has done this to you, noghiri. I am above all a seeker who wishes to know what lies beyond that has brought you back."

Darksilverwuulf

Post by Darksilverwuulf » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:49 pm

ooc: Rik! how ya been man?

Xfiend: pardon me if I don't use you in my posting....I'm not quite back in the habit of writing other ppl's characters yet....

ic: Silverwuulf simply stared around at the place.....even as he argued with the old man, he was entranced at this place they were in. It seemed like everything here was dead. Dead or dying.

Taking the Jedi's advice, the noghri sat down and started meditating, eventually slipping into the trance that became so simple to access. Except that In this world, the plane of exsistance he was currently on, the trance opened him up to something different than usual. He no longer felt raw emotion. Just a sense of peace, and something else. Some emotion was here, one that he couldn't describe yet, one that he had forgotten ever feeling. As Silver started to devote more of his energy to searching out and identifying this strange emotion, shapes started to form in the shadows.......

"Partner, You best leave it alone. That road will tear you apart, just as it did before." A slow sounding voice drawled as Silver felt a hand on his shoulder. Looking up, the noghri saw his onetime best friend, Blackfoot, in all his former glory. "That road is not for the likes of you. You walk down that road, the pain, the guilt, it will all come back for you. Maybe not right away, but the next time you're faced with a choice concerning a friend's life......Well, we all know how you are in a tight spot. Kill enough people and its all ok until you have to sleep." Blackfoot's ghost vehmently spat the last sentence out, and his body changed...to some sort of zombie like manifestation. "You chose to save your own life, and to keep your precious power....over saving both of our lives. You had the choice. You could have saved my life as I saved yours!"

"No." Silverwuulf moaned in horror. "I didn't...."

"...Mean to? Bullshit. You knew what the cost would be. Hell! you had the sith in a box there to give you step by step instructions. You betrayed me. Just as you betrayed everyone you've ever come into contact with." Blackfoot slapped the noghri so hard that even the powerful Silverwuulf flew a few feet. "You were too busy making puppy eyes at that bitch noghri to keep Jerin safe, and then you let her die too. Tell me wuulfy ole buddy, how does it feel to know that because of your selfishness, three people that loved and trusted you died. Not to mention all the men under your command. And then you kidnapped Marle. You stole valuable time from her and Cam because no one was paying attention to you. You're selfishness, once again, caused some one else pain. Do you even know what happened to Marle?"

"No..." Silverwuulf Cringed, as he watched Blackfoot's form shatter into dust as a new form, a Marle-form, stepped into his vision.

"My husband killed me. I forced him to do it, because I was weak enough after putting up with you and your idiotic plots to listen to Exar Shadow. He seduced me, and turned me to the dark side. I forced my husband to murder me. The last moment of my life with him, and it was me hating him for what I forced him to do. Do you know what that does to a normal person slimeball? Do you know how he suffered more than I did, becuase he was left alive? No you don't. You don't care about anyone except yourself. I could kill you right now, but that would be too easy. You see, living is a lot harder than death. But you know that now."

"Wha..." Silverwuulf was in tears now, and trying in vain to break the trance. But something refused to let the noghri sink into sweet oblivion....

"You were brought back to be a warrior, not to seek redemption! You, who was feared across the galaxies, are sitting here, cowering at nothing but memories. Complete your destiny, and you will know peace. You will know the peace that comes from the oblivion."

A dark voice echoed through Silverwuulf's head, causing his ears to bleed. As the noghri finally went unconcious, his last thought was that the he wished the old man had heard it all.....but he didn't see him anywhere........
You reject the whole."

The Nogri grins

Jolts

Post by Jolts » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:34 am

The dimly lit room reflected the inner turmoil Jolturn Lettorn was trying to conquer. He, like the lightening in his bunk, wavered between dark and light. A battle he seemed to be losing. The dark embrace seemed to pull him inwards like the gravitational pull of a planet, and, although he was trying to repel it with every ounce of will power and strength he possessed, all attempts seemed to be futile.

Cameo, he thought, had wanted to talk to him about the ‘incident’ on Nar Shadda, and how badly had he wanted to tell Cameo the truth about his heritage. If there was anyone who would possibly understood it, he thought, it would be him. Now, though, he was more then glad that the conversation hadn’t taken place yet. His every pore seemed to be sweating out anger, anger aimed at himself for being who he was. It would make reasoning on a rational level much harder.

He kept his anger at bay, forcing it back down into the fiery pits it came from. It was able to grow there, biding. It was only a matter of , very, valuable time before it would erupt and take over. He only hoped it would be during combat, otherwise…

“Why has my entire life been a lie?” He whispered, hoping he would get an answer, but none came.

OOC: It's short... :( Back from holiday though, and man that was a blast :D.. gained 10 pounds though:(
Well I'd just thought what it would be like to bounce of the pavement. Pretty much as I expected. --> Spike - Angel

Space Patrol for life

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:55 am

"Back to the Unknown Regions it is," Cameo nodded. "I want to help Litan... but I agree. We need to take on Sadow while the trail is hot."

Cecil nodded. "When do you want to leave?"

Cameo glanced at his chrono. "We might as well leave right away. We've got to get moving, and I think everyone who's coming is here."

The Jedi walked out of the quarters, feeling at least a little bit better about their situation. He entered the cockpit, where Rik Biel was dozing in the pilot seat. He poked the sleeping pilot, who awoke with a start.

"Wha..?"

"Sorry, Rik. Just me," Cameo said, sliding into the seat next to him. "You safe to fly?"

"Aw, don't worry 'bout it. I haven't had enough to drink to be tipsy. Just sleepy."

Cameo frowned.

"Just kidding!" Rik laughed. "I'm fine. Where to, oh, fearless leader?"

"Back into the unknown regions. You have the tracking data on Shun Xing's ship?"

Rik nodded. "Yeah. So, back into the Unknown. You know, if we keep exploring it like we've been doing..."

"Yeah, yeah, they're gonna have to change the name." Cameo rolled his eyes. What spacer hadn't used that line? "We'll be leaving as soon as you're ready, Rik. I'll go make sure all hands are aboard. I've got to talk to Jolturn, anyway."

Rik nodded. "It'll take a few minutes to clear things with traffic control. Take your time."
Exile from the Exodus... Space Patrol... forever.

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:22 pm

Ooc: I’ll post IC soon as I’ve got my e-mail working again. Which should be in the next hour or so. Listen, just want you to know Litan’s ship is to be gotten rid of at the first opportunity, lets use it to sneek into some place then slam it into a bunker or something, I don’t care. It’s past midnight and I’m cranky.
"Tucker, there's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day." -Church. Red vs. Blue.

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:30 pm

OOc: For anyone who cares I am once again ABETTS@BETTS68.FSNET.CO.UK

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:36 pm

Ic:

“So here we are… in the reasonably well known unknown regions… again.” Litan deadpanned.
Somewhere behind him, Cameo was muttering something about all spacers only having three jokes to share between them and Cecil was nodding in agreement. Rik seemed to appreciate it however and was heartily chuckling away to himself. Traiger wasn’t laughing, he didn’t do that much. Pim just looked ashamed to be in the same room with Rik and Lits. Marle hadn’t heard, her ears were covered with the sensor sweats headphones so that all she knew was the green VDU ahead of her and the bleeps, sweeps & fuzzes of passing asteroids, nav buoys and general detritus filling her ears.
There was a real sense of tension on the bridge of the Marauder Corvette, Litan could tell from the stance of the others, the intense looks on all their faces, the rigid set of their shoulders. Litan’s joke had been intended to break some of it but in reality, it had barely put a dent in it. Of course, he couldn’t feel the tension at all. Aside from a sense of general self-loathing and frustration, he could not feel anything. In fact most of the time he was as mellow as a happy Hutt who had just swallowed a fresh bucket of Prozac.
He was however trained to imitate just about anything and so he set his body language to that of the others. Stiffly leaning over Rik with his hand on the ships Nav board.
“So this is where the signal lead us?” Someone, Jolts Litan guessed, asked behind him.
“Ya-ha.” Came a sarcastic reply. Brax probably.
The signal had finished up somewhere deeper in system but the gravitational pull of the systems outmost planet had brought them out early, not that it was much of a planet. All ice and dust as far as sensors could see. So now they were drifting along with a string of asteroids, slowing making there way in system in minimal power until they could get a better idea of whatever potential parties they’d be gate crashing, what kind of system this was, what opposition they might face, the name of the star past the serial code in the ships navi-comp.
That’s what Marle was doing now, that’s why everyone was so tense. This place could be the Death Stars womb just as easily as a second Alderaan and it was always a good practice to avoid a fight where possible rather than getting the ship all black with carbon scouring. Rik got so upset the last time the ship needed respraying. Litan always liked the scratch marks himself, or it least he used to, gives a ship character he’d always say.
A few more minutes past and Litan’s back began to ache with the tense pose he was holding. Another and he had enough, he walked back through the cramped cabin and put a hand on Cecil’s and Cameo’s shoulders each drawing them aside.
“Listen guys, I know this is your show and all Cam but your not using your resources and your loosing time.”
Cecil sighed and nodded. Cameo said:
“What do you have in mind?”
“Ok. What do you say we take a strike team in my ship, say me, you two as passengers, it can handle another passenger and there’s seats for a turret gunner and a co-pilot. It’s a small craft so it’ll be cramped but it’s also crammed full of the best ECM, ECCM and Sensor stealth gear available to NRI.”
“Litan.” Cecil asked almost suspiciously. “Just how did you get your hands on a top of the line Navy ferret?”
“Since Gawien runs about an eight of the Galaxy’s shipping and I own a major stake in his corporation… remember when I ‘inherited’ that Bothan’s shipping consortium… well I gave it to him… anyway NRI uses his corporation to transport spies and information around the galaxy circumspectly in exchange for certain perks like top tech to arm his freighters with in hot zones, tax breaks and of course, my baby.”
“Oh.” Cecil looked almost disappointed.
“He’d been looking forward to some story about how you made off with it from some New Republic Base without telling the general.” Cameo explained. “Erm… you were saying?”
“Oh right anyway. So yeah, You two, me, Three others. You’re job so you pick, Pim can take his A-wing, it was designed as a intercept/recon craft anyway so we might as well take him along, even together our two ships wont show up big on most detector nets and the extra air cover never hurt. That way we can keep the Run in reserve to come in all guns when we need it.” Not much of a plan but it beats waiting eh?”

Ooc: What do you say Cam, your shout.
Pim in his fighter, Cam, Cec, Lits, Wuulfy, Jolts and probably Marle judging from the plot. We could squeeze another aboard too (so yes, Gahndi the Grey or whatever Disc-worldish Wizard the G-miesters cunjurered can come too. But then the ship’ll be really cramped. It’ll cut down on the extra fluff of having to deal with the other characters that no ones using, give us a bit of extra freedom, actual interaction, make the sorty more tense… GET US OFF THE BLOODY RUN! Of course I’m not that bothered, it’d just be nice to actually do something… hey how about we accidentally rescue Garrett while we’re at it and make him feel less miserable.
Come on, lets get some actual story writen.

Or we could stay on the run and Litan’ll probably shoot himself…

…oh right… I’ll get my blaster.

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:11 am

ooc: This post was brought to you out of sheer bordem, and by the lettre G

ic:
It’s hull was blue, but this far out on the rim, too far away from the nearest Star For it to look any bigger than the million-or-so others that surrounded it, the Angular Wedge of the Devastator Class Star Destroyer Braxil’s Fist was black against black. It’s running lights dimmed to practically nothing, only an energy-saving violet light shone through the viewports and even the hundreds of these did little to illuminate the ship. Even from as little as ten kilometres distant, the mile-long ship would look as much like a distant Star Cluster or slowly tumbling asteroid group as it did anything else.
This did nothing to obscure its sensor profile however, or the gargantuan amounts of energy being put out by its main reactor, it’s engines and it’s four Gravity well generators.
Around it, two flights of Tie interceptors zipped about their patrol roots, slower than earlier models, these new Ties could still beat an X-wing in a race and (save Torpedoes) matched them for firepower and shields as well, now equipped as they were with the two bulbous protroderances on the back of their wing struts.
The ship was running on low lighting simply as that was the way it’s Captain liked it. His ship was not some bright beacon, white against space like the Mighty ships of his former majesties Imperial Navy. Boldly proclaiming both their arrogance and supremacy to the stars.
No,
The Fist was a predator, it stalked the stars ensnaring it’s prey in both tractor beams and gravity nets before bombarding them with enough firepower to melt a planet down to the bedrock.
Unlike many former Imperial Commanders, Vice Admiral Andreaus Renko did not smile at that thought. He had lived through an Imperial bombardment himself. The fleshy pink scar across his right cheek that cut like a starburst across his face, it’s point reaching from the corner of his mouth clear across to the remnants of his right ear and into the eye-socket where the shiny black optic that had replaced his crisped blue eye, lay. He would have been handsome otherwise as his remaining blue eye, slicked back black hair and tall, powerful build told well.
He’d hated the Empire for that, but he hated the Rebels all the more. They were the reason the Wing of bombers had pounded his home city flat. He missed his wife, they’d taken her too.
They would all soon pay.
The Baron had promised.
“Sir.” The Admiral turned to find a fresh faced young ensign standing behind him, report in hand.
“Thank you.” He took it, and began to look over it.
“So they’ve arrived, right when the Advisor said they would, they can’t see us, we’re too far away to be picked up on their sensors… are he certain their Jedi wont just use their magic and find us anyway.”
“Yes sir…” The ensign looked uncomfortable. “He told me to tell you that the veil of the Darkside will not be lifted untill the proper time. As far as I can tell, they’re blind to us.”
“Excellent, have the ties recalled, we don’t want them to pick up on their ion-emissions. Once they’re in position, we pounce, no matter who else is in the system.” The Admiral began to run away.
“Sir.”
The Admiral stopped. “Yes ensign?”
“This Advisor the Barons sent us… he seems… he makes me uncomfortable sir.”
“I know.” He said nodding. “He makes us all uneasy, I think the Emperor had it right when he tried to have them all killed. Pity he failed.”

In his quarters, some five hundred metres of corridor space away the advisor sat mediating. A halo of objects slowly spinning about the room.
’Soon little Jedi’ he thought to himself. ’Soon.’

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Houses in motion.

Post by xfiend1013 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:17 pm

OOC: Well, I'm finally going about it and moving the hell out of my parents house (my 'rents and I actually get along quite well, but still - I've got my own life and all) and into a three bedroom apartment with two other hopefully competent roomies.

So I'm busy and not able to post much at the moment, but alas, such is the cost of freedom. Soon I'll be hamming it up in the new digs, hopefully DSL or cable-equipped, at that.

Life is good on this end. Now let's get down to the IC stuff - Zimmy will go planetside with you fellahs, and ixnay on the arrettgay (that sounds bad) escueray for now - there's a little more suffering everyone's least-favorite smartass needs to go through.

I wish I had more time to post, but - I will soon.

IC:

Zimradam had heard - and seen - everything. The visions that came to Silverwuulf had literally twisted and formed the environment to match what the force was showing him. It was at once beautiful and terrifying, a testament to the power of the force and an awesome display of just why you didn't want to mess around with powers beyond death.

As Silverwuulf fainted, Zimradam tapped into the surge of energy that had forced his mind out of the realm. A long tunnel opened up, snaking through space - and the old man lept.

In the physical world, Silverwuulf lept to life, startled. Zimradam fell violently to the floor, his meditative trance shattered by the combination of power that had revealed itself to the noghiri and the sudden sharp spike caused by his awakening.

Darksilverwuulf

Post by Darksilverwuulf » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:41 am

ooc: sorry for the lack of posting...been waiting on someone....

anyway, I'll post tommorrow. Count the depressed darkjedinoghri in.

and ummm... WOOT! since no one else got it
You reject the whole."

The Nogri grins

Jolts

Post by Jolts » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:57 am

OOC: I'm down with the plan...

I wan't to post something but from my own computer I am unable to post the post I want to post.. ISP problems :(

Well the problem should be fixed by monday.. at least that's what the guy from customers service promissed me. Otherwise I would be forced to do something terrible. ;) lol jk
Well I'd just thought what it would be like to bounce of the pavement. Pretty much as I expected. --> Spike - Angel

Space Patrol for life

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:50 am

(ooc : Speaking of ISP, I just upgraded to broadband. Holy God, I'm in seventh heaven. :)

But unfortunately, I have company, and Hurricane Charley bearing down on me, so I'll not be around this weekend. But I'll be back Monday! With lightning fast downloads... That is, if I'm not playing Jedi Academy across the globe.)

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:56 am

ooc: I found that lack of posts disturbing :vader:

Seriously though, I'm just gonna cram us onto Litan's ship 2m simply cos i'm bored. You disagree, you take a w3alk out the airlock got it?

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

A great disturbance in the post...

Post by xfiend1013 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:38 pm

OOC: Oh boy, we're all going to get crammed aboard a ship. It'll be nice and cozy and we can all learn a little something about a noghiri's personal space. I feel warm and tingly already, just thinking about it.

Apartment life is suiting me well, though I think it's rather ridiculous to have to pay non-refundable deposits just to get your gas and electricity turned on. Ah, the joys of privatized services - instead of that promised "free market-enforced lowest price" we've had costs go up about 250% and a host of fees, deposits, and charges added to the bills. Employees have been fired, service has gone downhill, wages have been slashed, and profits are through the roof. Nothing like watching the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Mississippi. Gotta hate it.

Oh well. Time to stop bitching and post. Who wants to read about Garrett's newest round of pain and suffering? Not you? Well then stow it, because that's what's next.

IC:

Garrett came to again, and immediately wished he hadn't. He felt burning tendrils of pain slowly snaking up his legs and warm flows of blood quickly dripping down, seeping into burned cracks and crannies. His left leg was completely charred, his right leg had been more neatly cauterized.

He closed his eyes and concentrated on something else - anything else - to take his mind off the pain in his legs. Doing so made the pain in his back return full force, the jagged gashes of flesh becoming more and more painful with each wretched breath.

"Well well. You're awake again, I see." The torturer said. He had pale skin and eyes that seemed set back far in his head, covered in some sick ichor. Garrett couldn't tell what species he was, probably some variety of human - an ugly, cave-dwelling variety.

"Bring up the girl." The hutt chortled, and a large, growling blue-green Gammorean began tugging on a rope, dragging a thrashing, screaming young blue twi-lek into the dim yellow light at the center of the room. Garrett's vision twisted slightly and dimmed. The torturer lunged at him with a buzzing electrical prod, shocking him to full consciousness. Immediately, all the pain of all his wounds came screaming to the forefront of his mind.

"Do you like that?" The man asked with a long, dragging, hissing breath. "It's a... special invention of my own. A specially calibrated neuro-disruption that frees all your endorphins from pain receptors. Essentially, it allows your body to feel all those wounds anew."

Garrett writhed weakly in response, clattering the heavy chains against the metal bar. He tried to draw in a breath, but his back and sides burned in protest. His vision faded briefly then returned as agonizing breath returned to his lungs, burning fiercly.

"Let's see if you can try to escape again after this." The torturer said, unsheathing a vicious, curved knife. He walked behind Garrett and made a quick slice across the back of his ankle.

Garrett screamed as his hamstring was quickly cut through. The tight leg muscle curled up his leg, under the skin, free of the tension of the tendon, forming a massive, ugly ball that throbbed weakly at the back of his leg.

"End this. Show him that his trangessions will bring death to others." Hullax said with an impartial, impatient disdain.

The Gammorean hauled the shrieking girl towards Garrett and the torturer, who circled back again, towards her.

"Put her on her knees in front of him." He hissed. The Gammorean slammed his fat leg into the back of the girls knees, and she fell whimpering to the ground. Tears streamed down her face and she shouted.

"Frell you, you frelling space worm! You too, you frelling idiot!" She was desperately shouting at Garrett, spitting at the torturer, and shrieking in a variety of languages.

"Don't!" Garrett choked. "Kill me instead! Don't do this!" The chains rattled as he shook his hands and legs futily.

"The time for heroics is over, slave." The torturer gurgled. "Her death is on your hands now - and it will be the last thing you see. This is the price for crossing Hullax the hutt."

"Stop this! I can help you! I..." Garrett was cut short as the porcine fist of the gammorean slammed heavily into his stomach, shoving the air from his lungs and sending him rocking back and forth, the shackles cutting into his wrists and ankles.

The black-clad torturer handed the gammorean the curved blade and took up the metal-tipped whip in his hands. "Cut her throat." He ordered, unfurling the blood-encrusted length of the whip.

"You sick frellers!" The girl shouted before the gammorean's huge fist clamped her mouth shut by grasping her under the chin.

Garrett shouted and the wet slick sound of the knife cutting flesh was all that he heard. Hot blood sprayed him and the slave fell gurgling to the ground, wriggling as a massive pool of blood quickly spread beneath her.

The whip cracked and Garrett felt the metal sinking into his face, between his nose, shattering bone, through his eyes.

Then everything was dark, and he heard nothing.

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:38 pm

(ooc : I'm free! My company has finally left, freeing me to live my life again.

And I have a week until school starts again. :? Ah, well. Yes, let's get this show on the road. I'm still waiting on Jolturn for our Jolturn/Cameo conversation, but we can move ahead if need be.)

Jolts

Post by Jolts » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:19 am

OOC: It's in your inbox Cam =)

Space Patrol for life

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Mostly written by Jolturn... ;)

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:35 am

Cameo Naton, Jedi Master and husband to the late Marle Llibrik Naton, strode through the corridors of the Midnight Run. His pace was slow but determined. Jolturn Lettorn, he thought, crossing a dangerous line, who would have known. It was true, he hadn’t seen Jolturn a lot since the battle of Cecil’s Moon, and to be honest he hadn’t seen him since he had picked up his son from their care taking. Their… The word echoed in his mind, and an image of Marle shot in his mind. She was the reason. His mind recalled those times, but he had to dismiss them.

Now, however, he was here for a whole other reason. Not to chat about old times or how they had met, but simply for Jolturn’s use of the dark side. He had killed a man and not shown any regret about doing so. He had killed him in cold blood and he hadn’t seen any sign of regret or remorse on him. Even more so, Jolturn had acted like it was something that didn’t matter, no feelings emanated from him, just nothing. He was a blank when it came upon that through the Force. He was either keeping it back from him very well, or he truly had no feelings of regret towards the entire situation.

He had reached Jolturn’s bunk in little time. Politely he knocked on the door of the bunk, waiting to be invited instead of just walking in –after all Jolturn was a full fledged Jedi Knight, for all that mattered he was even considered a Master for teaching at the academy and teaching his son. He knocked again.

“Go away!” was the short but urgent reply of the Jedi.

Cameo sighed. “Jolturn, I just want to talk.”

“I don’t.”

“I don’t care about what you want. This is something we have to talk about, either as Master to Padawan or as friend to friend.” The Jedi Master retorted. “I’ve been there Jolturn.”

“Then you should understand.” Jolturn boldly said.

“ I do, but do you think Connor would? How are you going to make him understand, by teaching him the ways of the dark side.. the ways of the Sith? Or are you going to let Salii explain it to him.. because right now I sense you are very good at running away from your problems.” He said, raising his voice just slightly. The voice of a Jedi Master lecturing his padawan.

Less then a second later the door to Jolturn’s bunk opened. Cameo stepped inside and entered the darkened room, lit only by the light coming from the corridor. It wasn’t a problem He knew where everything was, the Force was his eyes.

On his bed Jolturn sat, fuming about how he had just been caught off-guard. Cameo gently sat down before him.

“Jotlurn.” He began. “We really do need to talk. You killed someone, something not to be taking lightly especially when influenced by the dark side. Would you care to explain?” He inquired.

He glared dangerously at Cameo, who didn’t flinch but had that look of wondering in his eyes, and tightly closed his shields. If he had given the Jedi Master a look in his thoughts he was sure it wasn’t going to happen again.

There was an awkward silence between them, before Jolturn spoke. “I regret it so much, Force, I didn’t know I was capable of doing it.”

“You regret it?! That’s it! Your actions could have very well dominated the rest of your life padawan.” Cameo said switching his role to that of a Jedi Master. “I’ve been there and it cost me my soul, what I did with Venix can never be justified, I did it out of anger, to gain the one thing I wanted so badly, to walk again. But what did I lose, Force, Jolturn - it was trust and loyalty that I had to earn back. Don’t go there.” Cameo’s voice was raised and it seemed like it had gotten through to Jolturn, for a moment it seemed like his eyes had softened.

“You wish to know?” He asked.

“I wish you would trust me enough to know that you shouldn’t be asking such unnecessary questions, because I do, I do want to know Jolturn.” Cameo said, his voice soft and warm again.

“Here you go.” He simply said. He opened his mind and allowed Cameo in. Connor’s well being, the disease that terrorized his child and the healers that were unable to cure him. The problems with Salii because of it. The death of the thug and his orphan son. For a moment he contemplated on letting Cameo in on his past, but judging by the Jedi Master’s face he knew it was already out.

“Jolturn I didn’t know..” His voice lingered on for a moment

“I am living with the guilt of a thousand and one murders I committed a thousand years ago in another life, but I can’t remember doing it. I feel dead inside just like the countless victims.” He did his best in keeping his anger in check, but throughout their conversation it would sometimes rise up. Like now. “Whatever it is, it’s beckoning me to reunite with it, and it is the only way to stop my brother from continuing his rampage throughout the galaxy. The only way.”

“We will talk about this later Jolturn, We have to change ships.” Cameo said, hearing thought Cecil send him.

“Sure… Cam?” He called as the Jedi Master went through the door.

“Yes Jolturn?”

“Thanks for waking me up.”

“Always.”

Once Cameo headed for the bridge a small smile appeared on the young Jedi’s lips. “Soon Nemo. Sooner then you think.”

Darksilverwuulf

Post by Darksilverwuulf » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:34 pm

ooc: Cams idea, i just elaborated on it:

Lightsaber components- 500 credits
black robe- 100 credits
Going to the Dark side- all your friends
Being able to kill people with a mere thought- you soul

Some things money can't buy, Some things are just too expensive, but for everything else, theres Mastercard

ic: Silverwuulf woke up, shiverring from the raw power and the images the old man showed him. However, he did have an idea. It was a cowards way out, and the noghri despised himself for even desiring it, but he needed to move on. His life was not his own anymore, and he had forget the past....

"Cam?" Silverwuulf had actually managed to sneak up on the blind Jedi, earning him a whack on the head as the Jedi master whirled around.

"Yes silverwuulf..." Cameo Naton's voice showed just how stressed he was rapidly becoming.

"I need to ask you a favor. I know you can do it." Silverwuulf growled uncontrollably, and without any coherence. "I need you to erase parts of my memory." The noghri paused to steel himself for what he was about to say. "If I have to live with this...I won't be worth anything to anyone. I don't want to be this person....I was happy when I didn't know. I was good. But now....now all I see is death. Death is what I have become, and I don't want to be that....."

"No." Cameo interrupted.

"No?" the noghri was practically aghast.

"No." the Jedi said forcefully, then walked off.

"But why?................."
You reject the whole."

The Nogri grins

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:30 pm

Cameo strode away from Silver, his words echoing in his mind. I need you to erase parts of my memory...

NO.

Cameo had almost slapped the noghri. The idea, the concept that he would do such a thing... He heaved a breath. It went against everything he believed in as a Jedi.

But worse, it struck a nerve.

He stopped and leaned against a bulkhead, closing his eyes. So many times... He wished he could forget. Forget going to the dark side, the entire year he had spent away from Marle to hide his shame... Losing Marle to the Baron D'Seirez... Being possessed by and evil spirit from his family's past... and ultimately losing Marle and their unborn child.

He wanted to forget.

But he couldn't. The past is what made him who he was. Without his past - dark though it was at times - he was incomplete.

Just as Silver would be. For better or for worse, when Silver could not remember his past, he was less than he was now - even with the faults. And Cameo held out hope for Silver... held out hope that Silver could change, become better than he had once been, just as Aeryn Brax had. He wanted - no, needed - to see Silver's redemption. To restore his faith in the Force, to prove that he need not fear the dark side, and to show him that Jolturn, indeed, all of his friends, would be alright.

In a way, Cameo was betting the pot on the underdog - the ten to one odds. Silver could just as easily return to his old habits and cut their throats in the middle of the night as save them in a firefight. But still, Cameo had to give him this chance.

This was all of their second chance. His. Jolturn's. Litan's. Silver's.

He tenderly touched Marle's lightsaber, a reminder of what he had lost. At the same time, though, it was a compass, pointing to his future. A future worth fighting for.

Then Rik's voice came over the loudspeaker. "Heads up, dirt eaters. We've got something here."

Cameo set his jaw. There would be time for introspection later. Now, it was time to act.

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:49 pm

Cameo leaned over the console, peering at the world spinning slowly below them. "What do we have here?"

Rik sat back in his chair and sighed. "A fortress. An honest to God Imperial Fortress."

"Can they see us?"

"No," Rik shook his head. "Not yet, anyway. I've hidden us in the gravity shadow of a small moon."

"A fortress. In the middle of the unknown regions, no less," Traiger grimaced. "I'm really beginning to doubt the name of this place. I think they just call it that to keep us from finding all their toys."

"And yet we keep finding them," Cameo smiled a little. "Any ships in orbit?"

Traiger worked the sensors. "A single ISD," he said. "But it's not broadcasting a standard Imperial IFF."

Rikard frowned. "You don't think this is Sadow's world?"

Cameo shook his head. "It might be his, but I doubt it's his main base. His flagship isn't here... You did track Shun Xing's ship here, right?"

Rik nodded. "He made a few short jumps, probably to throw us off the trail. Would've worked too, if not for that odd fellow's tracking device."

"I'll have to remember to thank him," Cameo smiled.

"So, what now?" Traiger asked.

Cameo sighed. "This probably isn't Sadow's main base... but there's a strong chance it is in league with him. That gives us a chance that they could know where the main base is."

Rik raised an eyebrow. "I doubt they're going to just tell us where to go," he said. "They're more likely to sick that Star Destroyer on us."

Cameo nodded. "I know. We're going to have to go dirtside."

Traiger shook his head. "I don't like the sounds of that. A frelling Imp style fortress, a Star Destroyer in orbit, and Force knows what planetside?"

Cameo shrugged. "If you have any better ideas, I'm willing to hear them. Otherwise, we're going to need to hurry. Last thing we want is for them to find us. The element of surprise is all we really have right now."

"That, and lots of crazy Jedi," Rik grinned.

Cameo nodded. "That, too."

Darksilverwuulf

One Crazy Jedi type person at your service

Post by Darksilverwuulf » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:38 pm

ooc: lets move this along into some action soon?

ic: Silverwuulf didn't really have anything to say to the blind jedi as Cam berated him for his selfish request. It wasn't the lecture, it was what Naton didn't say. Since his return, Silverwuulf's tie to the force had changed, and try as he might, he couldn't keep other people's thoughts out of his head.....

Which was why, while the others were discussing strategy for the fortress they had found, the noghri was already preparing himself for battle, half meditating, half altering his clothes- working on the docks, he had to wear pants, something the furred creature hated. using an utility knife, Silverwuulf slit the legs down the inseam, then cut them off at the knee. Pulling his shirt out, Silverwuulf did a quick series of acrobatics, stopping when he was satisfied that while it wasn't his customary poncho, the handmedowns did give him maximum mobility and modesty... Not that he worried what his enemies thought of him......

Slipping deeper into the force, Silver accidently touched the mind of someone he hadn't thought about at all....

===============================

At Nar Shadda, while Demitria haggled with a Dock manager over the price of fuel, Veruka suddenly fainted. "He's alive. He's about to go into battle." the Sith mumbled as she slipped into a trance upon waking up. Trying to find her resurected lover proved harder than expected, and she only got a local idea. "He's aboard a ship called the Midnight Run."

"Its in the database, we can track the ion trail if we are lucky." Dem said as she reluctantly payed the Manager his asking price. "Fill it fast, Damnit!"

"Fifty more credits and you're out of here in less than an hour." He said, sensing a deal.

"Done. You better have a fueler that can do it hot though."

"Hot?"

"Yeah, while I start the launch process."

"I'll see what I can do."
You reject the whole."

The Nogri grins

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:57 am

OOC: I’m just time filling here, anything you wont to ignore Cam feel free to do so, I’m just bored.

IC:

Renko let out something that sounded like a low growl, startling several of the junior officers in the crew pit below.
‘An Imperial Fortress World? Out here? What could this mean?’ He turned on his heel to face the man beside him.
“What do we know?” the Admiral asked in and dangerously quiet voice. He was not one to raise his voice in anger; he got quieter instead, something that many of his fellow officers found dreadfully unnerving.
“Very little I’m afraid.” Replied D’Koam, the ships Braxilian Executive officer. Tall and blond, with an almost elfin quality about him, the man spoke with the quiet accents of the planet’s nobility. “There could be dozens, perhaps hundreds such installations out here. Most of which have been set up by renegade Imperial elements, Tarkin had been known to possess several such bases for research purposes, only two have ever been found to my knowledge… there are also rumours also.”
The Admiral raised an eyebrow. “Go On.”
“There is a race out here, a Xenobreed, blue skinned, red eyed. They… made some kind of pact with Palpitine, entire sectors of the unknown regions are supposedly garrisoned, they ever say these Aliens had an officer amongst the Imperial Admiralty.”
Renko laughed at the idea. The thought of the Emperor ever permitting an alien to hold any rank above janitor and his armies was quite frankly preposterous, still, he was grateful for his first officer’s near holographic memory.
“I take it anything more powerful than passive sensor scans will mean they’ll detect us.” He said. Passing across to the far side of the bridge. “And we should recall the Tie patrols. What of the status of our quarry?”
D’Koam sighed and looked down at the datapad just passed to him by a jittery looking ensign. “I’m afraid the planet is now between us and them, and their trajectory suggests a stealth approach towards the base, using a small moon to cover their EM emissions.”
“Typical rebel guile.” Renko grumbled. “Stand down full alert. We’ll drift until we’re in passive sensor range and see what comes of this. If we’re lucky the Imperials here will deal with the Jedi for us and we’ll have completed our objectives without loss or effort.”
“Yes sir. Shall I alert Lord Vork?”
Renko’s face darkened at the mention of the name. “No.” He said. “If he hasn’t plucked it from our minds already he soon will.”
D’Koam’s face blanched. After a life brought up in anti-jedi climate of Imperial society, he was as uncomfortable with the idea of a force user on their ship as the Admiral.
“Very good sir. I shall relay your orders at once.”

Five decks down, a man smiled a thin-lipped smile as he looked at the distant speck of a world out the window.
’Here is where it begins.’ He thought.

The Destroyer still Dark, a Blue hulled spite cutting its way through the vacuum, cruised on.

Litan, dressed in a plain black suit of good cloth checked the last of his weapons before sliding it into an ankle holster. It was a matt-black old style slug gun that he carried for anti-Jedi purposes, as he had explained to an inquisitive Marle “Bullets don’t bounce back.” And he had no wish to be fried by his own gunfire. Still, he carried a pair of regular Blasters, vibroknife and a few light explosives in a belt pouch. Magnoculars, graple and rebreather two. It was always best to be prepared.
He had gone ahead in his sensor stealthed ship, the ‘Longshot’ to get a better look about what they’d be up against, passing low over a group of rocky peeks a hundred or so kilometres north of the Installation.
“Well this things just huge.” He mumbled to no one in particular.
“Your telling me.” Murmured Marle in return, whom he’d, brought along to man the sensor systems. He’d taken her for the simple reason she’d been manning the Run’s before hand and because she was a Jedi, able to use her own abilities to look for anything out there of the more sinister kind, detecting Darksiders and lending her strength in the force to the ships ECMs, masking there own presence from the week minded. The only thing Marle found sinister however was Litan’s seeming emotional blankness. It was almost disturbing.
He hadn’t thought to tell Cam or Cecil he was borrowing a Jedi, nor had he considered Marle’s feelings about being dragged into what was possibly Sadowsvile. It just didn’t occur to him to do so.
“Scans show it’s old too, maybe as older than the Empire in places.”
“Must have built over something else then.”
“Yeah, and they’re still building, look there to the west.
“Looks like some kind of huge PDL… big enough to the hit the moon, maybe even shatter it… why would they need something that big out here?”
“Maybe they’re not building it from here… see those energy readings, that spike there.”
Minutes passed, more data came in. “They’re launcher more Ties for another patrol… they haven’t seen us but it’s only a matter of time.”
“Right Right.” Litan confirmed. “Time to bug out.”

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:12 am

Shun Xing quickly descended the ramp from his Sith Infiltrator. "Status report," he demanded.

"All is quiet, sir. Troops are running at eighty percent efficiency." The officer turned and walked alongside him.

"Eighty percent?" Xing raised an eyebrow.

"As I said, it's quiet, sir."

Xing stared out the entrance to the Fortress' hangar. "Put the troops on alert," he said.

The officer paused. "Are you expecting trouble, sir?"

Xing sneered. "You should always expect trouble, Chaim. First, you are an officer. Second, you are in the Unknown Regions. And third..." Shun looked back to the hangar entrance one more time. "There are Jedi on their way here."

"Jedi?" Chaim started. "So soon? I thought Lord Sadow had told us to be ready for Jedi a month from now."

"The best laid plans of meeps and men," Shun smiled. "The plan has changed. The Jedi will be on their way here. Be ready."

Chaim nodded, then saluted. "I will alert the crew, sir."

Xing nodded. "Be quick about it. I'll be in the Command Center."

As Xing made his way to the command center in the bowels of the Fortress, he allowed himself a moment to enjoy the strange architecture, the unusal stone of this Fortress. They had been a strange people living here before, he surmised. As he and the Dark Lord Sadow had built their Force, their small corner of an Empire, it seemed like they had captured dozens of similar worlds. In some cases, they got lucky, and were actually able to capture some capital vessels. Ever since the destruction of the Paragon II at Kuat Yards, Sadow hadn't trusted them to build any of his other ships. He insisted on capturing everything. And that included his worlds.

It was all part of the plan. Start small, and conquer the galaxy before you die. Xing snorted. He couldn't believe they'd been successful this far. But the Jedi... They would be a problem. According to Sadow, they were HIS problem. As luck would have it, he'd come to the first Fortress in an erratic string of pearls, leading all the way back to Sadow, and Paragon Base. But this was only the most recently taken world. Its troops were raw and barely trained in the Force. Most didn't even have lightsabers yet, but still used the strange energy weapons that the poor race that lived her before had used. Charrics, Xing wondered. What the frell is a charric? But they outnumbered the invaders by almost twenty to one.

Not great odds when you're facing Jedi. And it was a big fortress. But the odds were definitely on their side.

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:22 am

ooc: I'm listening to Queens greatest hits... which is nice.

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:15 am

(ooc : Sweet. :))

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:09 pm

ooc: Cam, is there sometime I could meet you online so we can talk... are u on MSN Messenger?

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Adam, we all know that YOU are the champion, my friend.

Post by xfiend1013 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:08 pm

OOC: I'm gonna borrow Cecil for no good reason...

IC:

Zimradam slowly pressed the stone pestal against the mash in the mortar once again, grinding a rare mixture of herbs and minerals that was used in several of his more complicated rituals. He poured it into a leather pouch and set it in the circle he'd sketched on the floor with ashes.

"Where did you learn this?" Cecil asked. He was sitting across the circle from the old man, curious about the strange force rituals that Zimradam had mentioned.

"Through meditation. In the deepest of trances the spirits of jedi masters long dead reveal ancient secrets to me. It is part of a pact I have made with the dead."

"And what is your end of the bargain?" Cecil asked.

"To pass on these secrets before I die - and afterwards as well. Just as they do." Zimradam answered, twisting his hands in a peculiar fashion. "Just now I am charging this powder with the force, just as you might try and push the force into a comrade to heal him, or clear his mind."

"And it becomes a conduit for the force, a booster?" Cecil hesitantly put forward.

"Yes." Zimradam said, plucking the package from the circle and attaching it to his belt. "Now, let me show you a few wards, symbols that channel the force effectively, when drawn with the proper mindset."

He concentrated and traced his fingers across the metal of the floor. As Cecil could see with the force, they glowed with a subtle, pulsing power.

"And there are ways to push the force away from you, as well - or others." Zimradam said. "But it requires the use of mediums. No jedi can do it alone - you must draw your power from outside yourself and the force that you can control."

"So using these glyphs or that powder...?" Cecil asked, tracing his fingers over the wards, feeling the force flow slowly into himself from them.

"Or any other number of pre-prepared objects." Zimradam said. "Trinkets such as rings, jewlery - but simple objects, uncomplicated ones. I don't know why, but things such as blasters, lightsabers, circuitry and wiring - cause the charging process to fail."

Cecil watched as Zimradam took a knife and carved small glyphs into his staff, rubbing a strange green powder into the nicks.

"Energy manipulation tricks, mastered by an ancient jedi named Uio-Del. They allow the simple wood of this staff to deflect a number of blows from a lightsaber, or absorb blows from a blaster."

Cecil watched as the old man prepared a number of objects - pouches of powders, a few rocks and pebbles, a dried vine, a pendant, again and again his staff, his pipe, and finally, the cloth of his robe. When he had finished, Cecil tried to discern the enchantments through the force, and saw nothing more than a tired old man.

"You should be a beacon in the force with all that." Cecil said, rubbing his chin. "What happened? Did it stop?"

"I covered it up with the robe." Zimradam said. He drew a pouch from underneath the robe - underneath he wore a many-pocketed tunic - and it glowed brightly in the force until Zimradam drew it back underneath the cloth.

Zimradam then sat down and drew out a small padded bag that contained his pipe and fragrant herbs. "Now, I am going to meditate on the future of the events that will play out here, jedi. You are welcome to join me, but soon, the time for preparing will be over - and I would like to know exactly what I have prepared for."

Later, Zimradam found himself forced into a tight squeeze behind a chair in the small craft that would ferry them planetside. He was troubled by what he had seen in his visions - the deathspirits that had touched Silverwulf's mind had shown him things, after he had challenged them to an astral duel. He could reach them now, send his spirit to that place beyond death - the information of those dead (and those beyond that) was immense. Still, what they had shown him was not comforting...

Jolts

Post by Jolts » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:30 am

ooc: waiting 'till we get planetside. Then I'll post

Space Patrol for life

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:14 am

Ic:

“Well, this is going to be fun.” Murmured Brax, lowering the electrobinoculars he’d previously been looking through. “Any ideas how we’re going to break into the thing.”
Litan smiled a thin humourless smile and pointed. “Look again.”
The Jedi did so.
Behind them Marle and Cecil were the last to step down the Longshot’s boarding ramp. There movements sluggish and unbalanced as they adjusted to the world’s low gravity. To the left, Jolts stood, checking over his utility belt. The Wizard was nearby, humming tunelessly to himself with his eyes closed. Silverwulf stood apart and alone.
Blind Cameo, who stood behind Litan, saw what the spy was pointing out before
Brax did with his sightless eyes.
“They haven’t finished the wall.” He said, sounding almost surprised.
“That’s right.” Replied Litan. “This base is new. Freshly minted, they’re still setting up the defences.”
“I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve press ganged the planetary population to help with the construction.” Mused Brax.
“Maybe.” Litan countered. “But I’d say droids. Sadow sounds like the kind of guy who wouldn’t leave enough people left alive to build up a place like this.”
“Oh I don’t know,” An infectious grin spread lazily across Aeryn’s face. “He’d probably keep a couple around to torture for his amusement.” The he realised his Company. “Sorry Cam.”
“None necessary.” Naton replied not-quite coldly. “It’s true.”
Litan turned away and sighed. He didn’t feel anything for his friend’s plight but he made the sounds and followed the expressions through out of habit… because it seemed the right thing to do.
“We should get moving.” He said, hefting a long ranged disruptor rifle up onto one shoulder, “We should probably move in a two column spread Jedi’s to the fore and rear, me in the middle so I can use you guys as human shields.” Cecil chuckled. “We detected regular Tie and foot patrols around the perimeter about every… every how often was it Marle!?” He shouted across to his co-pilot from the recon run.
“Every twenty-three minutes.” She called back.
“I suggest…” Litan began but Cam cut him off
“Keep to cover, don’t engage and go to ground during the fly-bys right?”
Litan made a sweeping gesture towards the base. “Lead the way chief.”
“I was going to.”
Two at a time they walked over the edge of the ridge they’d landed Litan’s ship on and slowly fell to the surface below. Each landing in a crouch, the impact of their boots sending up clouds of dust that hung in the air as a cloud despite a lack of any breeze. No one needed the force to soften their fall, only their legs. They could all jump higher too in the low gravity. As a side effect, the air was thinner but then again they were pushing less weight and so it all balanced out. Litan realised that Rik would have loved this world, he’d been trying to loose weight for months if not years and having gravity do it for you seemed as good a way as any.
Walking ahead of the group again, Litan took another look at the black walled fortress beyond, it didn’t take a Jedi to work out the place was strong in the Darkside.
“Hey Cecil!” Litan called back over his shoulder. “You wanna say it or shall I?”
“What?”
“That one of us has a bad feeling about this.”

Darksilverwuulf

Post by Darksilverwuulf » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:12 pm

ooc: groan! I'll post later, when there is actually something for my character to do, I dont want to ruin any plot plans here....
You reject the whole."

The Nogri grins

Jolts

Post by Jolts » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:16 am

Cameo and Litan led the way towards the mammoth-sized base that lay ahead of them, Jolturn followed them, checking the lightsaber that dangled at his belt ever so often.

Just before they had departed the ship it had overheated without any apparent cause slightly damaging his utility belt. As a result he kept a constant watch over it. He had witnessed the destruction an exploding lightsaber first hand.

“Relax.” He felt a firm grip on his shoulders urging him to calm down. Cecil’s he knew.

“I know, but something about this place just doesn’t feel right, it’s something… illusive. It’s too quiet.”

He senses were on the fringe. He would only be able to pick up the immediate threats in their vicinity, stretching them out further would only cause unwelcome attention. However, somehow he knew, someone would be waiting for them.

Space Patrol for life

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:21 pm

(ooc : Here are the basics of the situation. We've landed on a backwater world that has a Chiss fortress on it. Only it's been conquered by Exar Sadow. This is his forward base, and unfortunately for him, his weakest troops. There are approximately a hundred, all varying degrees of force sensitivity. Some are merely precogs, while others are full-fledged telekinetics. But they're rough. The only plot point I have is that Shun Xing (who is also here) must survive and escape. The team can find coordinates in the central computer for the next base, but other than that, I have no "official" plans. You guys can do whatever you want. We have several more bases like this to go through, with increasing difficulty each time. And the plots are wide open. If you think of something you want to do - write it! My only request is you try to keep us all together. The more we're able to interact, the better. :) Have fun!

I would post IC myself now, but I worked a 10 hour shift today, so I'm wiped out. See you on the flip side!)

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:43 am

Ic:

There was a tension in the air of the Hammer’s darkened bridge. Renko watched and waited, his fists clenched about command walk’s support rail.
“Come on.” He whispered. “Come on.”
“Sir, the enemy Destroyer is moving off, they’ve spotted us.”
“Yes.” He hissed through near-clenched teeth, thumping the rail with in a release of nervous energy. It vibrated and hummed dully.
“Back us off slowly Mr. D’Koam.” He ordered brining himself stiffly up to his full height and turning towards his XO. “Activate gravity well generators… we don’t want them microjumping right on top of us.”
“Aye-sir.”
“And hold off on deploying the bombers however, we only want to draw them out we don’t want to engage.”
“Yes sir. Enemy Destroyer is moving up to attack speed.”
Renko smiled, satisfied by the triumph of his own intellect.
By going live and presenting an attack profile towards the unidentified Destroyer they had now succeeded into drawing it out of orbit and now it had began chasing them out towards the edge of the system. Holding his own fighters back and steadily retreating they could potentially lead it half way across the system but then he doubted the enemy captain was that stupid. It didn’t matter, another few seconds and the landing party would be down. This entire feigned assault was merely a distraction.
Of course the base down there would be on alert now which couldn’t help but hurt the rebels he was chasing, a little added transport that would make things all the sweeter.
“Back us off and keep us out of their weapons range. If scans are correct and that is an ISD1 we should have no trouble out running them.”
Sometimes Renko genuinely loved his work.

The dropship touched down shortly before dawn in the only viable clearing in a ninety-kilometre radius of the fortress, forty-eight metres from the Longshot. The ramp opened with the usual cloud of steam being pushed out through the pressurisation jets. First came a dozen Storm troopers, taking up perimeter positions, scanning for the edenites with their handheld units. After them came six others, taller, dark armoured mechanised units, Dark Troopers that took up guard positions at the base of the ramp.
The last person to exit was someone entirely different. He wore no armour, only a charcoal grey tunic and satin unhooded black cloak.
His skin was a chocolate brown and his eyes were large and dark.
Strapped to each wrist was a medium sized teardrop shaped shield.
He nodded towards the Longshot and spoke in a quiet dangerous voice.
“Target that ships power plant. Five rounds rapid.”
“By your command, Lord Vork.” The Dark Troopers set themselves, and fired.