Stolen Fate

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

VagueDurin
His Vagueness… Vaguer… or El Vaguerino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Post by VagueDurin » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:12 pm

"Is that anyway to greet an old friend?" Agen asked, mocking hurt.

"It is when said old friend still owes me two grand."
Agen pointed a finger at his own chest jokingly. "Who, me? Two thousand? I wasn't aware of that total..."

"You're probably forgetting the bit about that gun runner from Umgul."

"That Info nearly got me killed! And you still are charging me for it?" Agen Asked.

"Hey, Business is Business Agen. You know that as well as I do. Now what do you need?"

"Got a lady freind who plays her cards a little to close to her chest. Was hoping you'd have some tips to see into her heart." He asked the Zabrak.

"My advice comes at a pretty penny, cause I know you're gonna tell me to rush this."

"Whatever it takes, I need this info." Agen replied quickly.

"Alright, Alright, meet me at the old hangout in an hour or two."

"I'll see you there." Agen then finished off his drink, and stood, slowly exiting the establishment, pausing long enough to collect his blaster rifle before heading back out onto the streets...

ooc: More to come in next post, ran out of time, and Etch, I agree with Nehima, you're welcome to come in, perhaps as a rival mercenary that we can continue to struggle with throughout our jobs, or perhaps an imperial advesary, or anyhting along those lines, hit either of us up over IM of e-mail with any idea's you might have for a character and well let you know if it'll fit or not. :)
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C. S. Lewis

"And for one last instance, I'm Human again." - Sergeant Ghost

VagueDurin
His Vagueness… Vaguer… or El Vaguerino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Post by VagueDurin » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:11 pm

Agen made his way carefully down the street. He was well aware of how dangerous an area of the city he was in. Yet he still had a bit of a smirk on his lips. The Old Hangout as his contact had called it, was once one of the premeir strip clubs on the planet, until an assassination attempt blew half of it into so much ruble, and nearly burnt the other half to the ground.

As the Zeltron Mercenary toed his way through broken glass and wood, he couldn't help but remember all the good times he had had in this place before that day. Good times indeed...

A faint crack from his left caused him to spin in that direction, rifle snug against his shoulder and aimed at the source of the noise. He then let out a slow breath as he saw the large Zabrak stumbling through the wreckage towards him.

"Oh the stories these walls could tell." The Zabrak spoke as he stepped up to Agen.

Agen glanced around, for the most part, there really weren't any walls left, but he didn't feel like being cocky at the moment. "You got the info?"

"Yeah yeah, I got it." The Zabrak slipped Agen a small datacard. "You always knew how to pick 'em, Agen... Anyway, this Iri girl, has quite the history. She's lived on the street since she was two, her parents couldn't afford to take care of her, so they abandoned her. So theres really know telling exactly how old she was or when she was born. She was found by a group of Twi'lek dancers, who more or less took her under their wings. With time the dancers found out that she really had very little talent or interest in dancing, but they still kept her as part of the family. I'm guessing she gets her defensivness and street smarts from these mothers. Her hate for the remnant seems to spawn from some sort of episode involving one of the dancers and an imperial officer, though not much is known on that event. Word has it that she still mantains loose contact with the Twi'lek Dancers. Hanging around a local machine shop for most of her early adolescent years, she soon realized her talent as a mechanic and got a job there. An interesting bit of information is the trick she pulled to get off the planet and out into the stars. In a game of chance she bet herself, and every credit she owned against a ship, and won. Taking the ship she fled Coruscant and started a life of her own among the stars. She's got the ussual writs and warrants out, but the remnants slapped a 25,000 credit bounty on her head for the assassination of one of its officers. She's not too social and definately not too wild. Fairly responsible and headstrong..." The Zabraks eyebrows furrowed for a second. "Come to think of it, she kind of reminds me of-"

"Don't say it." Agen snapped, then sighed. "You don't think I haven't noticed?"

"Sorry buddy, I know its a touchy subject, but sooner or later-"

"Never, alright? N-E-V-E-R."

"Ok, ok. Sorry. Listen, this ones on me, but if I don't get that two grand soon I'm gonna have to charge you for this too."

Agen just nodded. "Alright... Thanks man."

"Anytime Agen, Anytime. Listen, watch yourself out there, alright? I don't want to read about you on the holo-nets."

"Yes mother." Agen shot back sarcastically, not with a touch of a smirk gracing his crimson features. With that, the two disapeared in opposite directions. Agen wandered through town for a long while, and found himself debating the option of some pleasant company... and eventually decided against it, as he always did.

The Zeltron made his way slowly back to the ship, keeping an ever-vigilant eye out for anything that might seem like he was being followed. Eventually he made it back, sliding the card through the security hatch, he climbed aboard, the door sliding shut and locking behind him.

With a heavy sigh, he set the blaster rifle down with a metalic clank, before heading to the cockpit. Once there he located... nothing. Except for the astromech droid in the corner on stand-by, the cockpit was empty. Pausing on his way down the corridor he peaked into the ships only cabin, to find it equally empty. He finally located Iri in the cargo hold, and smiled slighty as he leaned against the entrance and watched her sleep for a few moments.

Then, turning, he retreated back tot he cabin, slipping off his boots and shirt, and burrying himself in the sheets of the cot for a good nights sleep....
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C. S. Lewis

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:38 pm

Iri left before Agen woke up. She’d been tempted to dump some water on Agen just to pass the hellishness of morning around, but settled for turning the ship’s temperature down where it’d be easier to measure in Kelvin. Grabbing her commlink, she’d slammed the door behind her none too quietly, but even that hadn’t seemed to wake him, which worked for her. It meant she’d get the pick of jobs, though she knew of only one who wasn’t offplanet. When she came into the quiet bar and asked for a name, the bartender’s eyes rose. She glared back at him, and he let her into a back room where a white Rodian waited.

“Yuy,” he said, his accented Basic sounding slightly amused. “Surprising to find you here.”

“Surprising to find that someone hasn’t offed you, Lathal,” she retorted.

“How cruel of you, Yuy,” he said, stepping into her space. He raised his hand and stroked her cheek lightly, and Iri stiffened. He ignored this, and continued, “I have a cargo of glitteryll for Corellia.”

“25000.”

“22, actually,” he replied. Iri bit back her reflex to grab one of her wrenches and stuff it down his throat, and nodded instead. “What docking bay are you in?”

“59.”

“It’ll be there within the hour,” he replied tersely. “Drink?” he asked, offering her a glass full of clear liquid.

“Twenty minutes. I’ll be waiting,” she said simply, and headed out. Blasted Lathal and his bloody attempts to get her in bed with him. If she hadn’t needed a job as quickly as possible, she never would have used him. But she was a little pressed for time and it was better than nothing. Or that’s what she told herself as she headed back onto the ship. Well, you sure as hell made it cold enough, she thought, shivering slightly. When she still didn’t see Agen, she cranked the temperature back up and pushed the commlink button for his bedroom.

“Wakey wakey! Shipment’s coming in!” she bellowed, and was satisfied to hear swearing on the other end. Dealing with Lathal always put her in a bad mood, and in her opinion, bad moods were a thing to be shared.

“God,” he muttered, coming into the cockpit. He wore only his pants, and Iri couldn’t help noticing the defined muscles in his chest. “What the hell did you do to the temperature?”

“There’s 22k of glitteryll coming in in a bit,” she said absently as she put in their takeoff request with the dock manager. From experience, she knew the spots stayed open for half an hour, and having already reserved one meant they’d be able to take off almost immediately. “I’d get dressed,” she continued, heading back to the cargo hold to clean up her makeshift bed.

[OOC: Just figured Agen would sleep in later, since he stayed up at least a few hours later. And it amused me]

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:04 pm

Agen stood still for a moment, one arm rapped around his middle in a futile attempt to retain some body heat, while the other hand rubbed at his sleepy eyes. It took him a moment to process all that Iri had said, and another moment to realize she'd already moved on out of the cockpit. With a sigh, he turned and glanced at the droid in the corner.

"Women." He said simply, the droid merely blatted out in a qustioning tone, Agen ignored the set of whistles and trudged back to his room, where he slipped on his shirt, and grabbed his blaster Rifle. Poking his head out the door in time to catch Iri on her return trip to the cockpit, "So... uh, whats going on?" He asked again, feeling a bit more awake now.

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:52 pm

"You're thick in the morning, aren't you?" commented Iri, cocking an eyebrow. "I told you, we're getting a shipment in. A 22k shipment. Of glitteryll," she continued, saying it all very slowly. "Is... that... okay...?"

"I get the feeling that whether it's okay or not, it's still going to happen," remarked Agen, walking back to his room to pull on his shirt and boots.

"Quite right," said Iri pertly.

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:05 pm

Agen, now fully dressed, returned to the cockpit, setting his blaster rifle down with a clank, he slouched in the chair, rubbing the linger sleep out of his eyes. Muttering something incomprehensible under his breath, he called up the ships controls, and turned to yell at Iri.

"Where the frell are we pushing this dren to?" he asked, calling up the navi-comp so he could begin downloading coordinates...

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:05 pm

“Umgul,” she replied tersely as she plugged in the code to open the cargo bay. The door slid open to reveal several hoverboards, loaded down with what appeared to be quite a bit of junkyard rubble, but Iri knew better. That “rubble” was filled to the brim with glitteryll, and she was careful not to get too close. There was no telling how well the drug was sealed, nor what it could be laced with.

She swiftly shoved the boards into the cargo bay and shut them off before strapping them and their cargo to the floor. Par usual, damage to a shipment would be costly. Too costly; she was screwed if this one went wrong. Not like it’d be different from anything else that happens to me… half of my life has been the world screwing me over. And now I have someone else to get in trouble. Goody.

“I’m tired of this damn planet,” she said, slamming the bay doors. “Let’s get outta here.”

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:07 pm

[OOC: Vague, I have a post ready if you can just get the shipment delivered and head to a club. Thankies.]

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:13 pm

"Anything for the lovely lady." Agen replied with a smirk, before he focused in on the task at hand. The ship lifted off smoothly, and angled towards the sky, rising on its repuslor coils.

Once they made the adequate altitude, Agen tilted the nose further up and switched over to the main drives, firing the engines and launching the Assault Shuttle into the sky.

Their trip up to space was most incredibly less climactic than the last time they'd left a planet, with no sign of any imperial entanglements. With a sigh of releif, Agen pushed the shuttle outside of the planets mass shadow, and activated the hyperdrive, catapulting the ship into the nothingness of hyperspace.

The flight to Umgul went off without a hitch, the next day the pair arrived, landed in the appropriate hanger, and dumped their goods. With the credits transfered, and a job well done, the two rogues decided to celebrate.

Strolling through the streets of Umgul, in search of a night club that had been recomended by an attendant at the spaceport, Agen and Iri drew a few stray looks, the striking contrast of blue and red skin did that. Agen, had a lopsided smirk on his face, always ready for a good party, he couldn't wait to get there...

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:20 am

“You don’t have to be drunk to kiss me,” said Agen jokingly as he watched Iri down her third drink.

“Actually,” said Iri thoughtfully, “I probably do. But this ain’t your lucky night- this is virgin,” she finished, gesturing with her glass.

“Funny- never would’ve pegged you as one for virgin drinks,” he said, an appraising look on his face as he sipped some more out of his own tall glass.

“What happens when you get drunk? You get thrown out of bars. You wake up next to some pretty girl you don’t know. You have a horrible effing hangover,” she said, watching him nod in agreement with each point. “Last time I got drunk, I was nearly raped.”

“Nearly?”

“I threw up on him. Several times, actually.”

“Not traditional,” commented Agen, “but I suppose it worked.”

“Damn right.”

“So,” he said as she finished off her latest drink and ordered another, “Would you have to be drunk to dance?”

“I don’t dance.”

“Can’t or won’t?”

“Don’t.”

“You’d think you had an aversion to fun.”

“Maybe I do.”

“C’mon,” he said, taking her hand. She tore it out of his grip and looked into his eyes, trying to find words to properly convey her anger.

“It seems people are unable to accustom themselves to someone who abhors being touched. Get used to it, or humor me and pretend to.”

Agen looked at her, his own temper simmering. “So you shy away from the slightest touch, because you’re terrified of feeling something. Of being different than your precious machines.”

“And you just think that every female will come into your arms, because you’re such a wonderful, debonair gentleman. To the point that you throw a goddamn hissy fit when they don’t.”

“So you don’t deny that you’d prefer to be a machine?”

“Be better than being like you. But no, I don’t want to be a machine. I don’t take orders well.”

“You don’t deal with people well, orders or no. You’re cold and callous as hell.”

“Run along,” said Iri, waving her hand in the direction of the dancers. Downing the rest of her drink in one gulp, she ordered another and wished she hadn’t needed to swear off alcohol. She could use a couple shots, maybe a bottle of beer too. Something to cool her temper. Lacking alcoholic intervention, she headed towards the door for a little fresh air. As she passed one of the club’s plush couches, an arm shot up and dragged her down into a waiting lap.

“You’re not leaving yet, are you?” started a husky voice before it was cut off by an elbow to the jaw. Iri slung her arm back around the man’s neck and tightened it into a chokehold, drawing a blaster with her free arm. A hand grabbed her wrist painfully as its partner drew a vibroknife and barely touched the skin of her neck.

“We can get along better than this, I’m sure,” whispered the man as best he could from Iri’s hold. The hand on her wrist tightened painfully, forcing her to drop her blaster. She loosened the chokehold slightly, carefully monitoring the blade at her neck. It moved away for a quick moment, as the man readjusted his stance as best he could, and Iri took her opportunity. Wrenching her wrist out of his grip, she ducked below the knife and retrieved her blaster on the floor.

A searing pain in her right lekku told her she hadn’t calculated quite right, and her vision went a little blurry. She fired a shot upwards as he swiped at her, forcing him to draw back his knife. One of his feet connected with her body, sending her skimming across the floor a few feet. As she regained her balance, she could see Agen grappling with the man. Clearing her vision as best she could, she took aim at the struggling figures and shot at the clearest view she had of the man’s pasty skin.

He fell heavily to the floor, and after a bit of rummaging, Iri found a few coins and flipped them onto the body, payment for the mess. As she looked back at Agen, who had a few nice bruises blooming and some nasty slices from the vibroknife, she was quite sure she didn’t want to know what she looked like. After a few stumbling tries, she managed to bring herself to her feet.

“You look like you’ve gone through a blender,” he said slowly, looking at her injuries.

“Back at you,” she replied. As a retort, it wasn’t much, but Agen grinned.

“C’mon, kid. Let’s go home.”

----

The ship still had crap for a medical facility, but they made do, putting stools on either side of a bucket filled with a mix of water, antibacterial agents and a healing accelerant. Iri drew a rag out of the solution and began cleaning the cut on her lekku as she watched Agen cleaning the cuts on his arms, drawing bandages out of a large pile to cover them with. He’d tried to get her to let him look at her cut, or at least to take a few aspirin, but she’d ignored him. She thought this all over as she watched him try to wrap a particularly nasty cut on his right forearm. It was and awkward place to bind, and he was having a bit of a struggle to get it tight enough. Reaching across the bucket, Iri took the bandage and wrapped it as tenderly as she could.

“What happened to ‘Don’t touch me?’” he asked softly. Looking into his eyes, Iri could see the anger was still there.

“Look, I’m sorry. But you saw what happens…”

“You think I would do that?”

Iri stayed silent, because she wasn’t truly sure herself. Fairly sure, but she just hadn’t known him long enough. Dipping her rag back into the water, she winced as the antibacterial got into the cut. A callused hand took the rag from her grip, and Agen moved slowly over to her. His hands were gentle as he cleaned the cut and wrapped it up slowly.

“Thank you,” she said quietly. Her voice caught slightly, and Agen looked at her, one eyebrow rising questioningly. “What?” she asked, irritated.

“Oh, nothing,” he said, sounding slightly amused. Iri huffed and went off to her bed in the cargo bay.

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:31 pm

Agen remained where he was a few moments longer. He drained the bucket, and picked up the mess they had made with their healing efforts. Taking a deep breath, he looked around the room slightly. The Zeltron exhaled slowly. He could fell another depressing night coming on as thoughts of his past began to haunt his tired mind. He sat back down at the small table, holding a small silver flask filled with whiskey, and began to sip at it. A few minutes later, the alchohol, healing accelerators, and adrenaline drain found him asleep at the table...

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:43 pm

Iri's body was stiff when she woke, and she didn't relish the thought of a mirror. She headed for the kitchen, intent on at least getting a little caffiene in her system, and probably a bit of food too.

But when she got there, she found Agen sprawled on the table. A flask gave a good indicator of what he'd been doing when he passed out, and Iri resisted the urge to take a swig, instead heading for the food processor. Ordering her cup of coffee (black and strong enough to be used as motor oil) from it, she headed back and prodded him a little. He didn't even stir, and she sighed slightly. Wrapping her arms around his form, she sat him up, trying to see if he had any other problems other than what would soon be a killer hangover.

Satisfying herself that he didn't have any other pressing health issues, she finally managed to lift him out of his chair and onto an old, decrepit hoverpad that leaned against a wall. A few good shoves got the thing into his room, and she rolled him onto the bed. Grabbing a bucket out of one of the cupboards, she stuck it on the table next to his bed, along with a pitcher of water, a glass, and some pills to clear the alcohol out of his system, and, the kitchen table now cleared, headed for breakfast.

When she came back in, she found that it wasn't quite cleared. The flask was still there, and she eyed it with anger and more than a little temptation. She grabbed the flask, but in a quick change of heart, she dumped its contents down the drain. Leaning back, she ordered some waffles from the food processor and sipped her coffee and waited.

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:01 pm

Agen rolled over slowly as his eyes opened. They immediatly clenched shut as the light assaulted him. Suggenly the queasiness from rolling over caught up with him, and as he sprung up into a sitting position he vaguely realized there was a bucket on the table and grabbed it, promptly emptying the contents of his stomach into the bucket.

"ugh."

ooc: not all i could write, but i figured i'd give Iri a chance to respond to this first...

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:09 pm

Iri heard the expected retching noises from the cabin, and headed over to investigate. As she'd expected, she found Agen bent over the bucket, emptying the contents of his stomach in at a rather alarming rate. Walking over, she filled a glass with water and handed it to him when he came up.

"Wash your mouth out, and then see if you can get the pills down. It's not like they can really do any damage that hasn't already been done," she said quietly, knowing that the sound, small as it was, was probably pounding into his skull. He followed her instructions wordlessly, and somehow managed not to send the pills back up.

Leaning back against the wall, she asked patronizingly, "Are we going to stay away from alcohol from now on?"

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:12 pm

Agen took a moment to compose himself, and in that moment he realized that he was no longer in the kitchen wher ehe had passed out the night before. He nodded weakly.

"For a while, anyway." He spoke, voice soft and hoarse. He sighed a bit and looked up at Iri. "Hows your gash?" he asked, doing his best to pull himself out of a rather un-flattering position.

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:15 pm

"I'm guessing my head doesn't hurt as bad as yours does," she said by way of an answer. She worked hard to bite down the laughter boiling up in her at this sight, but had to duck out the door when she just couldn't do it. A pillow came sailing by her head, and she couldn't help sticking her head back in and commenting, "Your aim is shit, my friend. Though maybe that's not the hangover."

This time she had to the duck the pillow that came careening by before picking it up and tossing it on top of her prone companion.

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:48 pm

Agen started to chuckle, putting the pillow back behind his head he stretched his semi-sore muscles before looking back over the beaming Iri standing in the doorway. "It giggles." He said jokingly as he smiled at her.

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:31 pm

"Now, now, being drunk is no reason to use Common badly. 'It' is a pronoun, you need an antecedent. Also, ‘it’ isn’t the correct pronoun to use, instead, try ‘she’. Or is that too long a word for ya?” said Iri evilly.

“Smartass,” grumbled Agen.

“You got it,” she replied, grinning. “Geek at heart, and not afraid to flaunt it.”

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:06 pm

Agen grinned a bit more, glancing up and down Iri swiftly before he realized what he was doing and hit the breaks, she had just started to show a personal side, no reason to scare her off by overdoing anything. Best to let her call the shots at her one leisure.

"So whats on the agenda for today captain?" He asked her after a moment.

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:13 pm

"Captain, eh?" asked Iri, one eyebrow quirked upward. "I suppose I am for the moment, seeing as you'll be indisposed for a while yet. But personally, all I plan to do are a few renovations."

Agen looked curious, but Iri only laughed and left for the cargo bay. Having located a passably good laser cutter in a back supply cabinet, she set to work slicing around the edge of one large floor panel she'd picked because it didn't have anything particularly important to the workings of the ship underneath. Satisfied that she could patch up any discrepancies in appearance she'd caused, she set to work clearing out the space underneath.

[OOC: Iri won't finish her project today, if you're wondering, and it may take a stop or two for her to get everything she needs. She's setting up her room]

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:22 pm

ooc: appologies for the delay, been a long few weeks.

IC:

Agen just watched on in curiousity as Iri left... He got up after a bit more rest, took a shower and got dressed. The pills were working and soon his hangover was nearly non-existent. At this point, with nothing better to do, the Zeltron Mercenary decided it was time he inventoried and cleaned his arsenal of weaponry...

ooc: short, yes... i am currently researching some things for a more indepth post.

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:36 pm

Sweat dripped into Iri’s eyes as she heaved an immense old converter out of the hole. She sat down to reroute more of the mess of wiring, shrugging her shoulders to rid herself of some of the tightness there. A red-streaked wire went around this corner, a maroon one on this partition. It was boring work to some, but Iri had always found it to be a great puzzle. Certain wires could not touch and others had lengths that prevented them from going in certain directions, but she had to make them all run along the walls if she was going to make this work. Using casings salvaged from an old holocam she’d found in the pile, she carefully aligned and fixed the wires in the proper spots.

Her attempt to stand up was foiled when her legs, having stiffened while she affixed the last wire, buckled under her. She swore like she had when she still worked in the repair yard, and grinned slightly. She hadn’t had this much fun in a long time, and it would only get better when they took a land stop and she could get the rest of her materials.

Digging her nails into one of the uniform slots in the walls, she slowly made her way to a standing position, stretching out her muscles as she did so. She felt a little light-headed, and suddenly realized unhappily that she wouldn’t be able to use her preferred bed tonight. The glitterryll fumes were already getting to her, and she’d be in a bad way if she slept out there too.

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:50 pm

As water pounded down on her head, Iri thanked any listening gods that the shower still worked, and that there was soap. It was cold, and the water cut out every once in a while, but it was enough to take off her coating of grease and grime. She didn’t really mind being grimy- in fact, she had been known for going into clubs with grease smudges on her face- but she did like a daily shower. Among other things, it felt good and allowed the last of the day’s tension to come out of her muscles. The water and soap stung her cuts, but as long as she avoided the large one on her lekku, she was fine.

Making her way out of the shower, she toweled off and reached for her clothes. They’d have to be washed before she could wear them again; the sweat and blood on them was beginning to stink. Wrapping herself in her towel, she headed towards the bedroom. She knew Agen had at least an extra set of clothes he’d smuggled on somehow, and she had an extra set of undies. Looking around, though, all she could find of Agen’s extra clothes were a clean- if crumpled- pair of boxers and a t-shirt, which she pulled over her head. The auto-sizing tag worked like a charm, shrinking the shirt and boxers to about her size. Looking in the mirror, she grinned at her odd reflection and headed for the kitchen.

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:37 pm

will... post... tomorrow... promise...

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:35 pm

OOC: C'mon, Vague, you promised...

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:18 pm

His hangover was almost completely gona as Agen sat in front of the table in the bedroom, sorrounded by various weapons components of every size shape and make. His current subject, however was an A280 Blaster Rifle. He'd noticed the last time he'd used the weapon that for some reason it had developed a tendancy to overheat.

This was unacceptable, for in his line of work, a faulty weapon meant his life. But for all the life of him, the Zeltron could simply not find the cause of the ailment. He sighed, slightly frustrated, and went to work on the pair of deathhammer heavy balster pistols that he carried nearly everywhere. THere was nothing wrong with them, that he knew, but with the proper tinkering, improvements could always be made to any weapon.

To get his mind off the faulty rifle, Agen decided that he wanted to try and enhance the efficency of the dual pistols power drain. This task took the better part of a few hours, and when he emerged victorious from the pile of weapons components, he was covered in oil and grease.

But he was happy, and that was all that mattered. Sighing, he left the bedrom, wiping his hands with a rag as he made his way to the kitchen, where he found Iri, dressed in a familiar pair of boxers...

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:17 pm

"Nice boxers, Iri," said Agen, entering the kitchen.

Iri gulped down her last bite of taco and grinned. "They clash a bit with my skin color though... could've sworn they didn't when I got them."

"Yeah, it's hard to judge the color when you're stealing it out of someone's drawer, isn't it?"

"Indeed it is. And besides, I only need them till my clothes dry out. But they needed a wash, and I'll have to buy more when we go landside again. When those bastards took my ship, they took all my stuff, too," Changing the subject, she added, "Have fun cleaning your arsenal?"

"Oh yeah. Except one of my blasters keeps overheating, damn thing."

"I'll fix your blaster if you'll do the dishes," said Iri, a twinkle in her eye.

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:49 pm

[OOC: Vague, it's your turn.]

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm

[OOC: I took liberties, but I am unapologetic :P]

Without waiting for an answer, Iri headed into the other room and grabbed the blaster. She took it apart carefully, with a small child’s grin on her face. Ever since she was small, she’d loved to take things apart. Putting them together gave a small bit of satisfaction, but it was nothing compared to the fun of disassembling them.

“You live for that, don’t you?” asked Agen quietly from the door.

Iri examined him in the reflection of a clean gun. “Have you ever heard of leaving the professionals to their work?” she asked quietly, running her fingers over the gun lightly.

He raised his shoulders in a shrug. “I finished the dishes, and it’s fun to watch people do what they’re good at.”

Iri’s fingers found a slight scratch in the barrel, one that couldn’t be seen but was still enough to deflect the laser and overheat the gun. “And what are you good at, copilot?” she asked coyly as she repaired the scratch.

“I’ve been told I’m a decent mercenary,” he said evasively.

“Who’d say a thing like that? The Zabraks who found you?”

Iri could almost feel Agen bristling with anger as he stepped towards her. He stopped only inches away, and she found a vibroknife at her neck. She observed this with quiet, thoughtful eyes.

“Who told you?”

“Oh, don’t pretend innocence, my friend. You checked up on me, I checked up on you,” she said, her voice a whisper to avoid touching her neck to the knife. “Or was it that Bothan? Your last partner, now dear and departed?”

The vibroknife touched her neck then, and Iri felt a searing pain even as it only slightly tapped her skin. “My partner was none of your business, Iri.”

“On the contrary. Your history is my business, because it can tell me whether I can trust you. That one partner disappeared and no others have come about does not seem promising to me.”

“That you have gaps in your history wider than a planet doesn’t seem promising to me.”

“So are you going to kill me now?” she asked, a fatalistic grin on her face. “For bringing up old nightmares, memories that should have died long ago?”

A long pause ensued, and Iri breathed slowly as Agen moved the blade away from her neck. “Tell me,” she asked. “Do you remember the sounds more or the scenes? I’ve always found I remember the screams better than anything else.”

“The screams, the explosions, they were there. What I’ll never forget is the vision of my mother, lying face down in a puddle, and how her skin felt as it slowly cooled,” replied Agen quietly. “But what would you know about it? You never had a bond with your mother.”

“It takes more to be a mother than to just bear someone, just to push them out from between your legs,” spat Iri, turning to face him for the first time. “I know the bond between mother and child. I’ve felt it. And until you hear your Maman screaming in pain and terror as the man on top of her sighs in satisfaction, until you see the bruises and the cuts, until she lies and tells you that your little brother was a love child, you do not know hate. You don’t realize how much you love someone when they’re telling you you have to come in and help with dinner. You realize it when they stuff you in a cupboard so the men don’t rape you too.”

“I was two,” said Agen quietly. “I didn’t understand why my parents had to die.”

“I was seven, and I knew only too well what was going on. I think that’s why it hurt so much. Here’s your blaster.” she said, handing it to him as she headed out the door.

“Kid, wait a sec,” he said, putting the blaster carefully back down on the table. Coming over to her, he put his arms around her and hugged her tight. Iri stood, shocked, for a moment, and then smiled as she hugged him back.

“Truce?” she whispered.

“Truce.”

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:23 pm

The smile left Agens face as soon as Iri disapeared from the room, and the Zeltron turned back towards his table of weapons and equipment. With a heavy sigh he lowered his frame down into the chair.

Suddenly he felt ten years older and weaker, face in his hands he began a mental battle with himself, fighting away the memories and nightmares he had from his past.

The mercenary still woke up at night expecting Ariel to be there... other nights he woke up to her cries... His broad shoulders shuddered at the thought, and he shot up from the desk, stalking from the room.

Narrowly avoiding running into Iri in the main cabin, he searched the small ship for awhile before finding the portside airlock... It was the only place on the ship minus the cockpit that had a viewport. Hunching down to the floor with his back to the wall, he sat and stared out into the emptiness of the viewport as he mulled over his thoughts and feelings...

Hours past, as the zeltron toyed around with a steel colored lighter, periodically running his thumb across the engraving on the surface... It'd been so long since Ariel had died... he didn't understand why it still affected him so... One of these days he'd have to get over it... But, with another heavy sigh, he decided it was just easier to bury it down and hope no one poked around his historyenough to bring it back up again...

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:45 pm

Iri toyed with her viewscreen, leaning back as she swore at the old-style “keypad” it was attached to. She had to get some decent audio and visual sensors in here, and probably a good set of speakers and chairs too. Corellia would definitely have a good parts buyer tomorrow.

She scanned the newsreels, which revealed little of interest. The warrants and bounties proved more interesting and, to her mind, more amusing. The Remnant had increased her bounty again, and now, as she looked at it, it had become a decent sum. However, it was while looking at the gang news that she found a bit to alarm, or at least annoy, her. Mynoch’s Way had lost a member in a bar fight on Umgul last night. A bar fight, apparently, that had taken place with a Twi’lek in… she read it again. Manly clothes? Now there was a laughable description if she’d ever seen one. It went on to more specifically describe her clothes and appearance, and she sighed. Apparently, Corellia would not only have a customer for parts, but for clothes as well.

----

A little motherhood went a long way, and while what Iri’s mothers had taught her had sometimes been outside of “normal” teachings, she was commonly grateful for that fact. Now she put to use the general rules of clothing they had taught her, ones she hadn’t used in years. Tighter was better, but it was best if it didn’t show everything: mystery was part of the power. A different headdress could change the entire look of one’s face. Even girly clothes could be made of fabric that would last, and she’d been taught to look for it. And thank the gods, she could still wear boots. Not her normal ones, true, but they were still better than the strappy little things some people tried to stuff their feet into. And far, far more comfortable.

By the time she exited the store, she’d spent more on clothes than she had in the past five years. However, she didn’t look like Iri Yuy anymore, either. Which was good, especially considering she still had stops to make. Including, she thought sadly, another clothing store.

When she walked in, the man looked her up and down, from her black miniskirt to the tank that showed off just enough midriff. The look on his face told her he was a man who liked what he saw, and she smirked. Let him think of it as he may, but her plan worked perfectly.

“What’re you doin’ in a place like this?” he asked in a flirtatious tone, motioning to the racks of comfortable, unglamorous mechanic’s gear surrounding him.

“My little brother needs some new clothes, and he won’t set foot in a damn store. So I have to buy them,” she replied calmly. “He’s about my size. Think you can find him something?”

It never ceased to amaze her, what a smile and a short skirt could do.

[OOC: Iri's not done yet, she's got parts to pick up for the ship and whatnot. But yeah, RP Agen as you want. Maybe he can be the one delivering?]

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:23 am

"You got the stuff?" barked a gruff, heavily accented voice.

Agens grey eyes glanced back and forth through the hangar before settling his gaze on the man and his two goons who stood before him. The Zeltron merc wasn't too sure how he felt about any of them, but it wasn't any of his business...

"You got the creds?" he replied, not letting his right hand stray too far from his hip.

The other man nodded and tossed a datapad towards Agen, who caught it in his left hand, the right not moving an inch. He glanced over the information, nodded his head as he confirmed that the credits had been transfered to the designated account, before tossing the datapad back to the man.

"Have you're men hurry up and get this glit out of my ship, alright?"

(ooc: ran out of steam, will have more tomorrow)

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:55 pm

After all of the arrangements with the cargo were taken care of, Agen made sure the ship and hanger were secure, then headed out on the town himself. He did a little gamling with what little credits he had, eventually coming out a decent sized winner.

Using those winnings he made a few purchases at some of the shops around the area, before he headed back to the ship, Waiting around around for Iri to get back, surfing the net idly, checking up on old freinds and contacts current whereabouts...

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:28 pm

Iri took an excessively scenic route on her way back to the ship, having stopped at near every parts supplier on the way. She had a large order coming to the docking bay by the time she finished, beyond the sheer amount she carried herself, in assorted bags and boxes. It was not without a sense of achievement that she finally sidled into the bay and onto the ship.

“Turn and face me. Do not attempt to do otherwise, there is a gun at your back,” said a voice sternly.

“Is it the one I had to fix for you earlier?” Iri asked as she turned to face Agen. She couldn’t tell with his skin tone, but she had the suspicion that the darker rouge coming into his cheeks was a blush.

“It seemed worth at least having you face me,” he replied tartly. “For appearance’s sake. Particularly since yours has changed significantly,” he continued, his tone insinuating that the change had not necessarily been a bad one.

“Yeah, but don’t get used to it. This is just for landside time, seeing as my bounties have gone up again and all.”

“Fair ‘nuff. You get more med supplies?”

Iri nodded, pointing to a bag off on the side.

“If you don’t mind me asking, what all did you get? I didn’t know we needed this much,” he continued.

“New clothes for me, these and normal ones. Couple new sets for you, I guessed on the general sizes but they’ve got auto-sizing tags. Med stuff. Upgrades for the visual sensors and such. A few things for assorted offworld projects,” she said, counting off on her fingers.

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:46 am

Agen stepped forward as she began to list things off, and with a tireless smirk he took hold of a few of the bags and helped her carry them to the cargo hold.

"Didn't picture you as the type to fancy shopping..." he commented lightly as they set down the stuff.

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:08 pm

"Well, I suppose you were wrong," she retorted. "I don't mind shopping, even for girly clothes. None of that is so much fun as rummaging through parts stores or old, hard copy music. But it's not half bad."

"Hanging around you has been an eye-opener," he replied.

"That's just a nice way to say I'm a freak. But I'm flattered by the effort."

"You're welcome. Are we going to grab dinner or anything? Because I'm a tad tired of ship food."

"You get tired of it? I can live for days on that stuff," she replied. "Reheated, dried, vitamin-enhanced old food. What's not to like?" she finished, smirking.

"We need to get something better in there," replied Agen vehemently.

"Duh," she said quickly. "Now, if you wanna put these on," she said, tossing him a set of clothes, "we can go."

He snorted slightly as he looked over the garments she'd tossed him.

"Hey," she said obnoxiously, "If you wanna get shot for being a fugitive hitting on a hot chick, be my guest."

Chucking some of the other clothes at her, he disappeared into his room.

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:46 am

ooc: sorry for the non-postage... was hoping to find you on im to ask you what kinda gettup she gave him to wear...

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:41 pm

ooc: just gonna guess on the clothes... figure it really isn't that big of a detail to be holding up the story like this.

IC:

Agen changed into the clothes she'd tossed to him, then looked at the mirror. They weren't so bad... A pair of black leather pants, a decent shirt that was stark white in comparison, and a very stylishly cut leather jacket to match the pants. The way the snug fitting clothing curved around Agens considerable mass could not be unnoticed, and he almost smirked as he realized this, then, putting a pair of holdouts in the shoulder holsters he'd strapped on before putting on the jacket, he exited the room, doing a mock twirl for Iri's inspection before he chuckled lightly.

Pausing for a moment, expecting her to say something, but after a moment she still hadn't made a peep. He cleared his throat, then spoke. "Shall we then?" he asked.

nehima
Puck

Post by nehima » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:53 pm

Iri cocked an eyebrow. “Yes, we shall,” she retorted coyly. “And on the way, I think we might dip into the pub for a wee bit of drink.”

She had to admit as they left, arm in arm, that the man was definitely easy on the eyes. Especially in that garb. She’d have to watch it, or she could end up like one of those blasted swooning leading ladies. And think how boring that would be- such ladies never got to take apart anything.

Her new guise had brought about another uncomfortable problem: she could not conceal her blasters on her person, and was forced to leave them on the ship. A vibroknife was strapped to each leg above the hem of her skirt, but even they had had to be perfectly adjusted so they wouldn’t show under the tight leather.

“So what offworld projects are you talking about, exactly?” Agen queried as they strode through the street.

“Why, building things, of course,” she replied, mock shock crossing her face.

“Contrary to your beliefs, I have a brain.”

“Scoundrel. Who’d you steal it from? You can’t have been born with one,” she baited mischievously.

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:11 am

Agen was about to retort when he sighed lightly, catching on to the dripping sarcasm in her tone, he smirked a bit. Showing some mock exasperation he nodded down the street a bit, raising an eyebrow and turning his grey eyes to bear on her. "So were you serious when you mentioned that drink?" he asked curiously... sometimes, well most of the time he found it hard to determine whether she was serious or joking about things.