Temporal Hijinks

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Pryngles

Temporal Hijinks

Post by Pryde »

As the last battle droid fell to pieces at her feet Caitlyn Sinclair turned a steely gaze towards her companion. "I told you to slow down," she said, "We could have gotten the drop on him."

Felicity Sage withdrew her saberstaff from the torso of a fallen droid and offered her friend a shrug. "No sense arguing about it now," the younger Jedi replied, "We'd better hurry before he gets away."

The two girls took off at a run heading down the hallway towards the heart of the facility. There they hoped to find Cyrus Vrel, a former member of the Cult of Shadow and a mad scientist reportedly working on some experimental technology. The Jedi got wind of him when he suddenly surfaced a week ago buying up various pieces of technology off the black market. Most of the other Jedi, the more experienced ones at least, were busy on assignment so the Council sent Caitlyn Sinclair and Felicity Sage to capture Vrel and commandeer any stolen technology.

Everything had been going great up until Felicity jumped the gun and alerted the entire base to their presence. Since then the two Jedi have been waist deep in scrapped battle droids as they fought their way through Vrel's secret facility, but now the fighting was at an end and their objective lay just beyond this last door. As soon as they reached it the two Jedi worked in tandem cutting a hole through the durasteel blast doors. On the other side Cyrus was busying himself trying to hurriedly activate his machine.

"Cyrus Vrel, you're under arrest," Felicity announced firmly as the two Jedi entered the room.

"Children," the mad scientist replied without looking up from his work, "the Jedi mock me by sending children."

"We're more than enough to handle you," Caitlyn shot back at him.

Cyrus shook his head back and forth in a very vigorous motion. "It doesn't matter," he said, "You're too late to stop it now."

All around them various pieces of machinery began to power up and whir to life. A massive charge was forming in the center of the room and the two Jedi had but seconds to react.

"I'll stop the machine, you grab Vrel," Felicity said and she took off running.

"Wait, how are you--," Caitlyn started to say but once again the young padawan had already sprung into action. With a sigh Caitlyn rushed forward too, following Felicity.

Cyrus tried to stop them with some poorly aimed blasterfire but his shots went wide and Caitlyn was right on top of him. One cut of her saber took care of his blaster and a push from the Force sent him sprawling backwards into a bank of computers. The mad scientist hit the floor hard and rolled over onto his side, looking up just in time to see young Felicity descending from the air with her saberstaff aimed downward, stabbing into the console he had been standing at a moment before.

"No," he cried as machinery started to go haywire, "What have you done?"

Sparks were flying everywhere and the whole room began to shake. Caitlyn found herself thrown against a row of computers and barely managed to brace herself. "I don't think that was such a good idea," she said as the energy at the center of the room began to collapse and then suddenly expand. There was a brilliant flash and an explosion that blinded all three of them. Caitlyn and Felicity tried to shield their eyes as best they could but they were still seeing spots when they were able to see again. What they saw around them, though, surprised them all.

The facility was gone, replaced by a vibrant cityscape and all around them people were hurrying about their day, stopping suddenly as two Jedi appeared out of nowhere in front of them. "What the hell," Caitlyn asked, straightening up. The crowd around them immediately began backing away and loud murmuring erupted from them.

"Are those Jedi," one person asked.

"I thought they were all dead," replied another.

A third was at a loss, his hand reaching for his communicator. "Should we like call somebody?"

Cyrus took the opportunity to scramble to his feet and race off into the crowd. "Hey," Caitlyn cried, trying to hurry after him but her path was cut off by the sudden appearance of three CorSec officers.

"You there, Jedi, you're under arrest," one of them said.

"You're joking, right," Felicity asked, stepping up beside Caitlyn. "You just let a hardened criminal get away."

The three CorSec officers raised their blasters and pointed them at the two Jedi. "This is no joke. Rogue Jedi are to be arrested and turned over to the proper authorities, Emperor Palpitine's orders."

"Palpitine," Felicity asked incredulously, "but Palpitine is dead. Isn't he?" She looked over at Caitlyn who was mulling something over in her mind.

"I won't ask again. Drop your weapons and come quietly."

Caitlyn and Felicity both exchanged glances before Caitlyn reached out with the Force, disarming all three of the CorSec officers by pulling their guns from their hands and then Felicity finished them off with an impressive display of martial arts. "You didn't kill any of them, did you," Caitlyn asked her.

"Of course not," Felicity replied indignantly as she shoved the last CorSec officer away from her. Off in the distance they could hear the heavy tromp of boots heading in their direction. "We should probably move now," she added, disengaging her lightsaber and hurrying off through the crowd with Caitlyn hot on her heels. Whatever had happened back in the lab one thing was certain. The two girls were a long way from home...
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Re: Temporal Hijinks

Post by xfiend1013 »

[Galactic Guide: Bantha's View Cantina: Coronet.]
Review By Garrett G. Granth

Fortunately - not a word often used by patrons of the Bantha's View, no doubt - the bar is dark. This keeps you from seeing whatever it is that is staining the floor and tables, though it does nothing to ease the stench. That combination makes you realize that the only view most banthas have is the arse of the bantha in front of them.

This clever twist in naming was probably the last clever idea the owner was struck with, other than low prices and high employee turnover...

Garrett looked up from his drink and the tablet on his table and stopped with his scathing review. A man scurried past the window, hobbling scratched and scraped.

Garrett walked out the front door. The crowd was agitated, not flowing back around the disturbance as it usually did. A CorSec speeder zipped past, wailing high and fading.

Then, an Imperial speeder. This was trouble. Garrett waved his credit chit at the bartending droid, which displayed an error message.

Garrett tried it again, then was trying another credit chit, then another. The beeps kept getting deeper and weirder, and he was no longer certain that they were, in fact, error messages.

Then, a couple of leggy young women came running down the sidewalk, half jogging and failing entirely to blend in. The already disturbed crowd just kept getting worse.

"Just like this stupid droid." He said, stepping outside. Another sort of warning bell went off, and he looked down the street - the direction in which the scathed man had fled. They were headed the same way, and...

CorSec and the Imps were headed where the girls - and the weird looking old guy - had left.

It was just one of those things, the sort of thing he was moderately interested in, but an unlicensed doctor and amateur slicer with a good job reviewing bars with the Galactic Guide certainly couldn't get involved with CorSec and young girls, and...

Stormtroopers. Stormtroopers at the far end of the street. Asking questions. Eyes on the street, casting about.

They were so close. They looked so lost - likely half his age, likely not old enough to let in the bar, but there was something about them...

"Frack it." Garrett said. He motioned for them, waved them towards him. The door ID sensor went to make an alarm, but just then it finished having it's code wrecked by Garrett's poorly sliced credit chit.

"Quick." Garrett said as the two women looked at him with none of the fear he'd imagined (though all of the skepticism). "There's a door out the back. Small alley, you can get to the underside."
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

The authorities were catching up, their quarry long gone, it seemed like all of their options were running out and then suddenly a new one made itself known. Someone called to them from across the street, beckoning them to follow him inside. The two Jedi opted to trust the man for the time being and ducked past him through the open doorway. It wasn't until Garret had closed the door and turned to face them that Caitlyn recognized who she was seeing.

"Garret," she asked incredulously. He was younger now with more hair on his head but she distinctly remembered that face.

"Who," Felicity asked, giving her companion a confused look.

"It's--nothing," Caitlyn said, waving her off. She had her suspicions of what might have happened to them back when CorSec had mentioned Palpitine, but seeing Garret now confirmed them. I shouldn't have said his name out loud, she mentally berated herself. Somehow they had been sent back in time, a feat that was all but impossible in anything other than theoretical physics, but then again her boyfriend had managed it too. Question was how do they get back?

"Um, thanks for helping us," Caitlyn said to Granth, recovering her composure, "but I don't suppose you know of any place we can change our clothes."

"Change our what? Why?" Felicity looked confused and she glanced down at her Jedi robes wondering what was wrong with them.

Caitlyn smiled awkwardly and held up a hand to Granth, "Excuse us."

Then she wrapped an arm around Felicity's shoulder and dragged her away. "Look, somehow that explosion sent us back in time," Caitlyn whispered to her, "Right now being a Jedi is illegal, if we keep walking around dressed like one we'll be arrested. Do you understand now?"

Felicity's eyes widened, "Back in time? But...,"

"I know," Caitlyn interrupted her, then she turned back around to face Granth. "Well," she asked him expectantly.
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

"Oh! Fans!" Garrett stammered. He got as far as recommending his new book, Spacewolf! before Caitlyn interrupted him.

"Change?" Garrett asked. He looked in the direction of the stains that were oozing out of the restroom. "I mean, you could change in there." He said, grimacing a bit. "But... what would you be changing into?" He said, noting their lack of luggage.

"The Jedi costume is a real no-starter these days..." He trailed off after a moment when his brain put all the facts together. Two young women - they'd have to have been younglings when the temple was destroyed.

"I haven't seen a Jedi... err, the Jedi costume... since med school." He said. He remembered the fires, the stormtroopers. The world swam a moment, he put a hand to his temple.

"Look, I've got a speeder around the corner. Do what you can - if you wanna get some new duds, my tailor's a few blocks away, there's a costume shop..."

The crowd had dispersed to the corners. People were on commlinks.

"We better get the frell out of here."
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Was he always this nuts, Caitlyn thought as she listened to Garret's strange mumbling. Then she shook her head, no the one from the future seemed more together than this. "Alright," she said finally, "but, uh... You drive. Neither of us are licensed."
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

Whenever Garrett got into a speeder - even if it was one he owned, or rented, or - as was the case with his current ride - had stolen a few seconds ago, he followed three simple rules:

1: Buckle your safety belt. No explanation needed.
2: See what's in the vehicle. It may come in handy later.
3: See what's around the vehicle. It will need to be avoided later.

His general lack of skill in accomplishing step three was what had led him to rarely drive, and it was only his employer's skill in forging documents that had gotten him a driver's license.

So Garrett buckled the seatbelt. He checked the glove compartment - which never contained gloves - and found a Merr-Sonn Power 5 blaster instead. He checked the center console, which had a map of a city a thousand kilometers away and a pair of mismatched gloves. Then he looked in the pouches behind each seat, where he found the owner's manual for a swoop bike and a vac-sealed packet of caf.

Executing step 3, he saw a large weequay running straight towards him shouting "hey, that's my ride you fracking thief!"

Garrett took the inverse of the second part of his third rule and stomped on the accelerator, throwing the weequay onto the hood. He spun around the corner of the alleyway and threw the man against a dumpster. Secretly, he hoped that the weequay was a terrible person who deserved all the trauma he'd just received.

Backing up to the back door, he threw the pictures of the man's family out the window. He honked the horn. The Jedi came out.

"Drunks passing out in alleyways!" Garrett hissed, dodging the man as he groggily staggered to his feet when they sped off.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Caitlyn glanced back at the Weequay and felt a sinking feeling in her gut. Given what she knew of Garret she had a feeling she might regret asking for his help. She glanced over at Felicity who was watching the Weequay with what amounted to sympathy in her eyes. Caitlyn felt sympathetic for him too but for a different reason.

"Tell me you didn't steal this thing," she said, giving Garrett a pointed look.
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

That look. He swore he'd seen that look before, but where?

"You didn't steal this thing!" He replied cheerily.

The look intensified, became more familiar. Where had he seen it?

Second wife, discovery of spice stash.

"I didn't steal this thing." He said with a hint of remorse. He usually liked to brag about stealing things, and it appeared that the opportunity would be taken away.

He slowed down, rummaged in his satchel for a moment, and yanked out a datapad. He jabbed a finger at the touch-screen and plugged it into the speeder's broken-down entertainment system. It cranked out some static then cleared into a staccato monotone voice.

"Attention all units. CorSec and Imperial enforcement officers are under DefCon Alpha. Jedi traitors have been potentially identified. The following routes should be shut down immediately. Checkpoints are to be put in place along any branching sidestreets. Orders are not to be disregarded under any circumstance. This is a Planetary DefCon Alpha emergency. Spaceport lockdowns are in effect. Please stand by for further assignments."

Garrett swerved out of the lane and came to rest under a bridge. The voice was rattling off street names and intersections and he was frantically tapping away at his datapad, trying to map out their plan.

"Holy shavvit!" He shouted. "This is the real fracking deal! Oh shavvit, we gotta get off this rock, maybe someone in the rebellion can help..."

He stopped his rapid-fire speculation. "Wait, are you two really Jedi? For real? I was a teenager when they took down the gorramn temple! This is bantha-shavvit nuts!"
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"It's complicated," Caitlyn said, silently weighing her options. Obviously, they didn't belong here. They needed to get back to their own time but they couldn't just leave Cyrus here to his own devices. "Felicity and I can't leave the planet just yet," she said finally, "There's a man here, a member of a cult. He's a very dangerous criminal and we were on a mission to capture him."

As soon as she said it she bit her lip. Perhaps she shouldn't have worded it in that way. She could just hear Garrett's next question. A mission for whom? The Jedi were gone, there was nobody calling the shots anymore. A mission for the rebels? There was no one in the organization to vouch for their association. She could say they simply took it upon themselves to capture him, but they had their lightsabers drawn in a period in which being a Jedi was illegal. As young as they were even they should have known about that.

That was another problem, their youth. How could she explain where they received their training? If Garrett was a teenager when the temple was destroyed then she and Felicity would have been too young to be considered padawans. She briefly considered telling Garrett the truth but she wasn't sure of the ramifications of them changing the past. Already they were having more of an impact than she would have liked, but despite her inhibitions she knew of only two people who could get them home, Cyrus and Garrett.

"I have a confession," she said suddenly, "we're not fans. You and I, we've met. Not yet, actually, but we will in about twenty years."

"What are you doing?" Felicity whispered sharply.

Caitlyn ignored her, "Twenty years from now Felicity and I were sent on a mission to capture a man named Cyrus Vrel. A mad scientist who was building some kind of secret weapon. We didn't really know anything about it other than that it was dangerous and needed to be stopped but when we found him there was an incident, the weapon overloaded and it sent us here. You're the smartest person I've ever met and other than Cyrus I can't think of anyone else who can get us back home, but we can't leave here without Cyrus."
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

He wanted to say something, because nothing had made sense. He needed some sort of clarification. He had his hand on his head and confusion was spreading.

Kids on a mission. Jedi kids. What had they called them? Pamarans? Damawans?

"We've met? We've met in the future?"

A lot of things went through his mind, but all that got out of his mouth was "Future? Time travel... I... look, I'm no physicist, but... that's impossible."

"Wait, what do you mean, I'm no physicist." Caitlyn said with a look of horror.

"I'm a physician. A bit of a mathematician. A slicer. With the physics I know the only way you're getting into the future is one second per second."

He reached into the inside pocket of his jacket and pulled out a pill bottle, shook two blue ovals into his hand and then popped them into his mouth. He brought up a flask of Corellian whiskey and took a slug. "This is ri-fracking-diculous. Get the frell out of my speeder and take your goramn future...."

"Shut up!" Felicity shouted. She reached over from the back seat and cranked up the volume on the sliced radio.

"CorSec Control, this is Commander ST-12, requesting transfer to Imperial Holonet. A man calling himself "Cyrus Vrel" has surrendered himself to us. We need access to Inquisition Networks to determine the validity of his claims."

Garrett's eyes went wide.

"Where is he?!" Caitlyn asked.

"I can't just patch you through to Imperial Holonet." Garrett said. "I'm no super-slicer."

"Well can't you triangulate the signals or trace it or...?"

"Are you sure you got the right guy?" Felicity asked from the backseat.

"Look, if they're following a standard search, and that guy's ST-12... We've got the list of stormtrooper units they were calling out. The CorSec units..." Garrett started.

"There's only a couple of places they could be. They'll take him to a central holding along with anyone else they scoop up. Then it's on to the old Black Hole district spaceport. Once he's there, he's Imperial Property and we've got frack all chances of getting him. There's going to be a lot of them. We'll need some help."

"Change your mind?" Caitlyn asked.

"You're from the future like I'm a goramn wookiee." Garrett said. "But the last thing the frelling Imperials need is yet another insane weapons designer." He gunned the accelerator, darting out into traffic at an alarming speed.

They traveled in silence. Garrett wanted to ask questions - very badly - but mainly for the purpose of seeing if the girls were con men or insane. He'd heard stories of Jedi clones going clone-mad, but the likelihood was that they were nothing more than two fast-talking sweethearts with glowsticks and cheap costumes looking to relieve him of his money. And they'd tripped the Imperial paranoia supreme - The Return of the Jedi.

But they were right about Vrel." The little voice in his head said.

A shady run-down spaceport grew quickly. Grounded ships glittered on top of the rusting platforms, and people were milling about all over.

"Come with me and keep your crazy to yoursellf." He said as they landed. A wookiee with one cybernetic arm beckoned the speeder into a landing bay. "These guys are rebels. No love for the Empire, that's for sure. But let me do the talking. If they ask, just say you're after this guy for your own reasons, and tell them all about him. The fact that they think they need Inquisition makes this important for everyone."
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"Inquisition," Caitlyn asked, glancing back at Felicity. The other girl just shrugged as if to say I don't know. "Great, so now we have to deal with an entire regiment of stormtroopers," she grumbled.

"And Jedi hunters," Felicity added, Caitlyn just stared at her. "Darth Vader had hired bounty hunters to help him track down the remnants of the Jedi. More than that, though, he and the Emperor had their own secret unit of specially trained Jedi killers. After the ruckus we caused we may end up seeing them too."

Caitlyn sighed even louder. "Silver lining, Felicity, find one."

"I'm not sure what you mean."

Caitlyn resisted the urge to roll her eyes and simply climbed out of the vehicle. She stared at the building in front of them, find it incredibly hard to believe that what she was staring at was a rebel base. "How do the rebels have a base on Corellia so close to an Imperial outpost," she asked, looking at Garrett.
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

"Outpost?" Garrett asked. There certainly was something off about these kids. "Kid, there aren't exactly a lot of places that aren't right under Palpatine's boots. If you're gonna be on Corellia, you've gotta make a stand near the Empire."

"Hey, Doc, we've got a wounded man down in the old quarantine bay. He was trying to come up with a splice for the Imperial transmitter when a cop put a round through his thigh." The approaching man was rough in the face, a long scar crossed his cheek and then vanished underneath an eyepatch. Short stubble covered his chin and cheeks, and his lips were thin, flaking skin. A cold sore in the left top corner was red, angry, and when he put his thumb to his chin it made a scratching sound.

"This is Frank Ryan." Garrett said, pointing to the man. The two shook hands, grasping at the elbow. The one-armed wookiee stood nearby and a weequay with half his face covered in burn scars was standing at the door, arms crossed. Guns and ammo were scattered on the table with tools and oils. Some of them had been put together from spare parts.

"I'll check on him." Garrett said, just as the wookiee started grumbling.

"Hey, yeah, wait, is that the two..." Frank trailed off as his head cocked, peering at Caitlyn and Felcity.

"...gentlemen, I present the two most wanted criminals on Corellia." Garrett said, scratching awkwardly at the back of his head.

There was a pause, punctuated twice by the wheezing breath of the weequay.

"I knew it." Frank said, looking to the other men. The flickering light buzzed overhead. "Well, girls - is it true? Are you some kind of Jedi, or is the Empire sending out a rancor to frell up a party trick?"
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"I thought the lightsabers gave it away," Caitlyn said, gesturing to her hip.

"And the clothes," Felicity pointed out.

"Lot of dead Jedi around, kid, you could have come by those anywhere. That's no proof that you're a Jedi."

Caitlyn let out a exasperated sigh. "Fine," she said, then she closed her eyes. For a moment it looked like she wasn't doing anything and just when Frank and the others were about to declare her a fraud Frank suddenly felt his feet leave the floor. He gasped in surprise, looking down at the floor which was no three feet under him. These kids were the genuine article, actual live Jedi. Caitlyn gently lowered him back to the floor and Frank took a moment to collect himself.

"I think that proves it," he said looking at the others.

"If we've passed your little test there's something really important we need to discuss right now, preferably with whomever's in charge," Caitlyn said, glancing around the space port looking for someone official.
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

"Well, you're speaking with him." Frank said. He pushed his thumb into his chest, at the bottom point of his vest, where salt and pepper chest hair sprouted from the V. "Frank Ryan, Or Colonel Ryan if you're feeling all official. Second in charge on Corellia."

"I thought we were going with 'Captain Ryan." The weequay said with a wheeze.

"Hell, we could call him 'God Emperor of Corellia' for all it's worth, Dreck." Garrett said. He nodded at the two. "He's the man here and now. I'm sure his bosses will wanna chit-chat with you both since a couple of Jedi might just tip the scales on this whole thing. There's only one man with a lightsaber out there right now - Darth Vader."

The wookiee spat.

"But they're looking for someone..." Garrett pulled out his datapad, and ejected a datastick. He handed it to Frank. "Here, new Imperial codes. I snagged them off a drunk officer."

He turned on the volume.

""CorSec Control, this is Commander ST-12, requesting transfer to Imperial Holonet. A man calling himself "Cyrus Vrel" has surrendered himself to us. We need access to Inquisition Networks to determine the validity of his claims."

"According to these two, Vrel is a frelling weapon scientist..." He also said from the future but instead stumbled and said "...with radical new designs. He's defecting to the Empire."

"Shavvit." Dreck said. His voice was raspy, inflected with a sort of rattle from his injuries. "Do you think they'll take him?"

"Probably." Garrett said. "They're snapping up everyone they can. For that battle-star project."

In the corner, the wookiee growled.

"So we need a plan." Frank said, activating the holoviewer. "We've got me, two jedi, Wolsky, Dreck, ole doc here, a couple of ships, a couple of speeders, a crate of e-11 blasters and grenades, and two RPS-6 launchers."

"What about Eric?" Garrett asked.

"He got shot in the leg, remember?" Frank said. "Alright, here's where they'll take him first." He said, pointing to an intersection. "Can we get eyes on that?"

Wolsky - the wookie who's left arm had been replaced by a huge prosthetic - was grumbling at a datapad. He handed a datastick to Ryan after a few moments.

"One of the kids on the street snapped this image a few minutes ago." Ryan said. It showed a kid, probably 10 years old, standing in front of an Imperial checkpoint taking a selfie - except that his face was only in one small corner. Behind him was an Imperial troop transport, a few stormtroopers stopping cars, and a CorSec repulsor-truck.

"One transport, one CorSec unit, one squad of stormtroopers. We have to hit this now. If we wait until they move him to Holding, we're entirely frelled. Here's how it's going to go down. Wolsky, Dreck, and myself will bring a speeder towards the checkpoint. We'll hit the transport with the launchers. It won't be enough to destroy it, but it should disable it. We'll try and take down the repulsor-truck with grenades and small arms fire. We'll pull back, drawing them away from the transport. At this point, Doc, you and the girls... errr, Jedi... come out of this office building here, raid the transport, get your man. After that, exfiltrate as best you can."

"Where do we go?" Felicity asked.

"We can't come back here. This place will be compromised. I'll have one of our friends here at the spaceport load us up a transport container on a flatbed truck. That'll be our mobile base until we can figure out our next move."

"I've never been on one of these missions before, Frank." Garrett said. He was visibly nervous.

"Well, Eric's shot. Go see if you can patch him up - the Rebels need your brains more than they need your trigger finger, doc. That's why you're going to sneak our Jedi into that building. And, hey... may the force be with you."
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Caitlyn and Felicity waited patiently with Garrett as the Imperial convoy drew closer to their position. The seconds seemed to count down ever slower the closer it came and Caitlyn found herself wishing this part was already over.

"They're in position," Garrett said, he'd been listening into to the rebel chatter. "It's about to start."

He looked like a nervous wreck, the knuckles of his hand turning white as he clutched his communicator. Caitlyn had a hard time believing this man was the same Garrett G. Granth she knew from the future. That man was practically fearless.

"There they go," Felicity's voice drew Caitlyn's attention back to the convoy.

The first rocket hit the lead car then another hit the rear. A third knocked the hover van carrying Cyrus on its side as Imperial soldiers lined up to retaliate. The rebels retreated after the initial attack, drawing the bulk of the Imperial defense away. "Now's our chance," Caitlyn said and she ignited her lightsaber and rushed out onto the street.

"Cover me," she shouted back over her shoulder at Felicity as she made a beeline for the prison van. Felicity kept her covered blocking any incoming blaster bolts and sending them back at their originators. Meanwhile Caitlyn stabbed her lightsaber into the door of the fallen vehicle and began to cut her way through it. The fighting intensified but Caitlyn wasn't about to give up. She glanced up at Felicity to make sure the girl could handle it then immediately went back to cutting.

A moment later there was a sizable hole in the door and Cyrus was sprayed unceremoniously on the floor. Caitlyn reached in and dragged the man to his feet, pulling him out of the van.

"I was wondering when you'd get here," he taunted them as he shakily found his feet. "Guess my hunch was right, I knew you chumps would come looking for me."

"What," Caitlyn started but she didn't have time to pursue the matter before Felicity interrupted her.

"Um, Caitlyn, we've got trouble."

Caitlyn turned around and spotted two black armored figures walking towards them. They were covered from head to toe and carried two long pole staffs with them. A second later the end of their staves ignited into a lightsaber blade and Caitlyn quietly swore under her breath. "This whole thing was a setup."

Just then a rocket blast exploded directly in front of them, throwing Caitlyn into Cyrus as they went sprawling into the van. Felicity somehow managed to keep her feet and glanced up into the sky in the direction the rocket had come from. Caitlyn regained her footing and followed her gaze. "Is that--,"she asked, leaving the rest hanging in the air.

"I think it is," Felicity answered, her tone somewhere between bewildered and excited.

The man in the tell-tale green Mandalorian armor took to the sky once again, raining down a volley of blaster shots directly on top of them. Caitlyn and Felicity quickly took cover inside the prison van as blaster bolts melted the duracrete at their feet. "We need to get out of here," Caitlyn said as she turned to look at felicity a flash of steel out of the corner of her eye caught her attention.

Cyrus lunged at her, a small vibrodagger in his hand. There wasn't enough time to react, he had the drop on her. Caitlyn could only close her eyes but nothing followed. The bite of Cyrus' dagger never came. She quickly opened one eye again and found Cyrus standing over her dumbfounding, a lightsaber blade sticking out of his chest. On the other side of that lightsaber was Felicity. She disengaged her lightsaber and let Cyrus' body fall to the floor.

"What'd you do," Caitlyn demanded, "That man was our ticket home."

"I had to stop him from killing you," Felicity objected

"Whatever, we'll argue about this later. Right now we need to find a way through them," she jerked her thumb outside towards the encroaching Imperials and the lone bounty hunter. "You ready," she asked, thumbing her lightsaber back to life. Felicity nodded and the two of them rushed out of the van with their weapons drawn. Caitlyn ran straight after the shadow hunters while Felicity veered off towards Fett. She used the nearby buildings to get leverage on him then leapt on top of him and pulled him to the ground. They fell in a heap but the bounty hunter, true to his legacy, was quick to recover. Felicity barely managed to dodge before being blasted point blank by one of his blasters. She tried to bring her lightsaber to bear but the bounty hunter swatted it away. Instead the two engaged in hand to hand combat. Fett was clearly the superior fighter but Felicity was studied enough and determined enough not to make it easy for him.

Caitlyn, meanwhile, was engaged with the two shadow hunters simultaneously. She had to admit these guys were pretty good. The way they moved in complete sync with each other left her little room for error. She dodged and parried each attack, forced completely on the defensive. They kept her so busy all she could do was hold her ground against them, she couldn't attack. I really hope Garrett is doing more than just sitting there, she thought, chancing a glance back at their hideout before she quickly had to look back and get out of the way. A lightsaber blade narrowly missed her and Caitlyn resisted the urge to breath a sigh of relief. She looked back at the building one more time, briefly wondering what Garrett was up to before she turned her attention back to the fight...