The Jedi Temple: Unknown Horizons

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Shaggy
The Rev.

Re: The Jedi Temple: Unknown Horizons

Post by Shaggy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:24 pm

Alleria began to say something else when Daer'Gunn grabber her back the back of her shirt. "No more form you my little one. Keep your opinion to yourself and we will discuss it later."

He cleared his throat and stepped forward. "So we are agreed that no amount of trickery from ourselves will be enough to fool Sivter. With the new temple completed on Ossus, we have given the rest of those who follow the light side of the Force a place to congregate. Onderon has been the major home for the council since it's conception, but with so many different sects gathering on Ossus, we might be able to finally provide a united front again the Cult of Shadows and any of it's allies. If the Jedi can finally show the universe that even though we are different, we all serve the same Force, maybe we can convince the Empire, New Republic, and others to work together for the greater good. Ridding the galaxy of Sivter's poison, once and for all should be the greatest concern to all governments involved. There is an old saying that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. The New Republic might not enjoy the idea of working side by side with the Empire, but now is the time to put aside some of our petty differences and deal with the problem at hand. Once that is solved, maybe they will realize that those differences are not as big as they keep trying to make them seem."

TalRaimi
'Will finish a thread one day…'

Post by TalRaimi » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:26 pm

“So, you’re leaving.”

The words that came from his wife’s mouth were not a question. Ethan nodded, staring down into Caitlin’s dark brown eyes. She was sitting cross legged in the centre of one of the temple's meditation rooms, something she had taken to doing ever since they had returned from rescuing Rissk. Caitlin had never been particularly fond of meditation, she’d always claimed she felt more at peace when she was up and about, actively doing something, so this change in her behaviour worried him slightly.

And what doesn’t worry me nowadays?

Of course, now was not the time to talk to her about it. Perhaps when he got back. If, he got back.

“It’s time,” he said simply.

She let out a deep breath, her eyes dropping to the floor for a moment, before she unfurled her legs and rose gracefully from her meditation position. Wordlessly she opened her arms and he enfolded her in a hug. This was not the first time he had gone off on some damn fool mission, they had come to know each other as only soul mates could and words were now useless. Caitlin understood what he must do and why, even if she didn't necessarily agree with it.

He wasn’t sure how long he held her in his arms, feeling the warmth of her body pressed tightly against his, it could have been minutes or perhaps even hours, but eventually he found that it was time to let her go. For a moment she seemed about to protest, her arms still wrapped tightly around his neck, clinging to him even after he had released her. Then she let out a mournful sigh and brought her lips to his, kissing him fiercely.

“Don’t get lost out there, Voss,” she warned him when she finally pulled away.

“I’ll try my best.”

“There is no try,” she chided and they both smiled as the tension that had built between them suddenly broke.

“Then I won’t get lost.”

“Good enough. Now get out of here, you’re disturbing my meditation.”

Ethan kissed her once more then turned and headed for the door. He didn’t look back, that was their one rule when parting from each other, never look back. As the door to the meditation room started to hiss closed behind him he found the urge to do just that almost overwhelming, he hesitated, fighting the impulse before suddenly giving in. He turned just as the door closed, his eyes drinking in just the briefest glance of his wife as she stared straight at him.

He grinned. Now just how long had that been going on?

With a wry smile etched firmly on his face he turned and headed towards the docking bay. It was time to find Arice, and to find out just what was happening on Dathomir.
'Would you do it with me, heal the scars and change the stars?'

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Arice was outside loading up Rissk's 'Jade Wing' when Ethan arrived. Silone was with him, looking uneasy. Ethan waved as he approached, "Sorry for the delay, I'm ready to leave now." Arice put down what he'd been carrying and waved back, "It's fine, we're not quite ready either. I was expecting Hood to come along for this trip. We'll give him a few minutes then... What?!"

Rissk was charging towards them waving frantically, "Stop you nerfherders! I finally managed to the old bird to let me go! I'm coming too!"

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Hood Walked out to meat Arice, "Sorry for being Late, i lost focus." Hood said.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Rissk glaced about the ragtag group of forcers gathered about her ship. A Dathomir Force-witch, prominent Jedi Master, a legend of the Old Republic, Arice's new apprentice and herself - a Trandoshan who the last time she'd wielded the force was weaving force-lightning and using the darkside. It didn't bode well to Rissk, but at the same time spending a week in bed, being told to rest meant she didn't care. She snorted at them, "Hmmph! It's going to be a bit crowded in there! And I'm driving!"

With that she stamped up the ramp and into Jade Wing, Arice nodded at Hood, "Come on." and the entire party entered the ship. By the time they'd entered, Rissk was already in the pilots seat doing a few pre-flight checks, frowning fiercely. She watched Hood and Silone file into the back, Ethan stand behind the pilot and co-pilot chairs then glared at Arice, "Hmmmph! You've adjusted my seat! And the yolk! It's going to take me ages to get this back to how it should be!"

Arice closed the hatch and slid into the co-pilots seat, "Sorry Rissk, I can't fly how you set it up."

She shook her head muttering and fired up the engines, Ethan smiled at his apprentice. At times Rissk was as trying a student as a Master could have, but he had to admit he'd missed her frantic banter over these last few days.

Silone and Hood perched themselves on the bunks in the rear and shuddered slightly as the craft lifted off, swung around, then blasted into the atmosphere. Within minutes the cabin was filled with the eerie glow of hyperspace. Next stop Dathomir.

[OOC: Continued here.]

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:34 pm

"Wishful thinking, Daer'Gunn." Don spoke up.

Don didn't have much faith in the Empire or the New Republic working together. It was too soon after the peace treaty. Don even knew they wouldn't have enough time to get the two power houses to cooperate in time of Sivter's attack, and that Dear'Gunn's hope to bring a united front against a common enemy is much more complicated.

Don didn't doubt that the Empire or any other respected governments that populate the galaxy would do something in response to Sivter's threats, but that they would do only for themselves and their respected territories. People are selfish and hold grudges, for something like that to work, it would take something so devastating so horrific to unite the different causes under one banner hope, so to speak.

"If the Jedi Council believes that a possible cooperation effort against the Cult of Shadow with the Empire and the New Republic than by all means go for it, but I will not exert useful energy into wishful thinking. We will not be able to gain the cooperation with the two governments before Sivter goes through with his plan. It's much more complicated than that."

Herra stood beside Don Cuhrka and placed her hand on his bulging bicep.

"I believe it is an effort worth trying, we don't have many options after the failure on Necroa Prime, so I am with Master Daer'Gunn that we should try at least to get the Empire and the Republic to work together in this effort. Sivter is an enemy to all of us and posses a threat to everyone in the Galaxy." Don wrinkled his brow at Herra. Letting her know he was disappointed in her words, he opened his mouth to speak but Herra silenced him with a look that suggested that she knew what she was doing.

Even though Don thought that more realistic ideas were worth going after but Herra was a strong believer that faith could prevail in strenuous time.

"As leaders’ in the Force, we have a responsibility to those that don't posses the knowledge or beliefs' that we believe. The people we vow to protect are the people we need now. We must unite the Galaxy against Sivter, even if some people have past grievances.” Of course Herra was speaking about the past history that the New Republic and the Empire had and the tension that they still held toward each other.
“They had worked together before, we must have faith that they will do again.”

Don shrugged as he put his hand up to his head. With a gingerly shake of his head, it showed that Don was not optimistic about what Herra had said.

“It would take something as threatening as the XenChi to unite the two governments; we don’t even know what Sivter is alluding to in his holonet message.”

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:24 pm

The Private Quarters of the Vos Family

Jola'Edana Kalhid Vos slumped into the soft conform cushions of the large semi-circular built-in couch that dominated the center of the common room that dominated the family's small suite here on Onderon, it wasn't quite as nice as the one on the family estate back on Corellia but at this point she honestly didn't care. She was utterly exhausted from the last couple of weeks. As if all of her family issues hadn't been stress enough the Jedi had then rushed headlong into a fight with Sivter, she had bit her own tongue when the offensive had been announced, aside from the fact that the Jedi mounting military campagines had a dubious history at best it hadn't taken the foreboding she'd felt in the force to know that attacking that Defel openly and straight on was a mistake. Her family had more than enough dealings with him to know that at the very least so she'd prepared accordingly bringing along twice the medical supplies she thought they might need and even that hadn't been enough. It had been as her husband might have said, a total cluster, one that she and the other healers and medical staff had spent the time since doing their best to staunch the bleeding of. The worst part was that she knew it wasn't over, not by a long shot, the defel had managed to acquire the item he'd been after in spite of their best efforts and heavy losses and even now as she rested she knew the Council was meeting to plan the next move. The only silver lining to the whole deal was that it had utterly dsitracted her from the total mess that was her personal life,

"That you mum?" came the voice of her daughter through the suite's intra-com, she smiled and rolled over to activate the panel at the end of the couch,

"Yes dear."

"Stellar, I'm meeting Darien and some of the other padawans tonight. Some kind of R&R thing at the mess hall."

"Fine by me, I'm probably going to soak in the tub and then pass out."

The door over to her right that lead off to the personal rooms hissed open, "You really need to take some personal time mum, it's not like the Jedi Order will disintegrate if you're not at the med center."

Jola turned to face her daughter and forced a smile, "I appreciate your concern daughter but I will be fine."

Kali Vos smiled back her and it tore at her heart just a little bit, she reminded her so much of Devon, they shared the same green eyes and long brown hair though Kali's had hues of auburn in it hinting at her own fading red, she was dressed in a dark two piece body suit with a light long vest over that was latched across her chest,

"That outfit going to be warm enough?" she questioned, her daughter smiled back at her.

"Enjoy your bath mum, I'll be in before mid-night."

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:28 pm

"Why did you drag me here again," Anastasya grumbled as Arilyn pulled her into the mess hall by the arm.

"Some of the other padawans were talking about some sort of get together today. I thought you could use some fun."

"I would really rather go back to my room," she said. And think of some more excuses for why I haven't killed Caitlyn yet.

"Nonsense, Ana, you've been locked away in your room ever since we got back from Necroa. You need to get out and do something!"

What I need to do is get far away from here because when Crystalla finds out I failed..., she let the rest of that thought go. "I don't really see the point to all of this. We lost the battle, shouldn't we like--I don't know... Be upset, or something?"

"Of course we're upset, but that doesn't mean we can't lighten up and enjoy ourselves for awhile. Sulking in your room isn't going to stop Sivter."

"Neither is enjoying myself."

"Nope, but at least you'll have some fun," Arilyn replied giving her a playful shove in the direction of the gathered padawans.

"Arilyn, wai--," Ana tried to say but it was already too late. She found herself crashing into a young boy who only just managed to keep his balance and keep them both standing. "I'm sorry about that I--," she stopped suddenly when the boy turned to look at her and as she got a good look at his face her cheeks started to turn red.

"Hi, I'm Arilyn," the white-haired Sylarian piped up, she stood next to Ana with a big smile plastered onto her face, "and this is Ana. Now it's your turn!"

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Stepping back Darien Vos smiled as he smoothed his robes back out and then brushed his dark red lockes back behind his ear as he took in the two young ladies, he'd been subconsciously hiding his presence in the Force which is what he suspected let the girl run into him and almost knock them both down,

"My appologies," he spoke, his pale violet eyes moving from one of the girls to the other and then extended his hand to the first girl, "Darien Vos, I haven't spent much time here at the temple so my sister Kali thought it would be a good idea for me to meet some of the other padawans."

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:44 pm

"See, Ana, that's exactly what I said," Arilyn replied then she glanced up at her friend who stood there dumbfounded with an awkward look on her face and her expression became one of concern. "Are you okay, Ana? Your face is turning red, do you have a fever?" She asked, reaching up a hand to feel her forehead,

Anastasya irritably swatted it aside. "I'm fine, Ari, just let it go."

Her friend could be surprisingly ignorant at times. "Anyway," she continued turning her attention back to Darien, "it was nice meeting you Darien but I really should be going n--ow!" She cried when Arilyn suddenly elbowed her in the side.

The smaller girl grabbed Ana by the sleeve of her robe and pulled her down to her height to whisper something into her ear. "I brought you hear to have fun, remember? And you're not leaving here until you talk to someone."

Ana resisted the urge to roll her eyes and whispered back, "What do you want me to say?"

"I don't know, anything! Tell him about how nice his hair looks or how your robes look the same."

"Everyone's robes look the same," Ana whispered sharply.

Arilyn crossed her arms and gave her an impatient look. "Just say something, will you?"

Ana sighed heavily and straightened up again, quickly smoothing out a wrinkle in her tunic as she did so. "So, um... Darien," she began hesitantly, her mind racing for some idea or some topic she could bring up and then a thought occurred to her. "You said you haven't spent much time at the temple, what do you mean? Where have you been?"

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:00 am

Darien watched the two girls go back and forth, he could tell there was atleast a small bit of arm twisting that had been involved to get one of them here, the human girl Ana if he'd remmebered names correctly. Glancing towards the entryway he saw his sister come through the door dressed in one of her more fashionable outfits, the silver and pearl lightsaber hilt hanging from custom added D-ring in the suit seemed almost out of place, he then glanced over towards the drink bar that had been setup and clear his throat just enough to get the two's attention,

"I'm going to go a drink would either of you care for something? I've gathered that the fizzy pop is extremely good tonight?"

Kali made her brother's carrot top a couple of seconds before he made her coming in the door, from this distance it looked like he was conversing with two of the other padawans, she was usually good with names but from this distance it was hard to say who the human girl was but she recognized the Sylarian girl Arilyn, there weren't many white haired padawans around. He brother gave her a nod towards the drink bar and so she started her way through the small crowd to meet him, she'd never expected so many folks to show up...
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:36 pm

"I would think a plague like the one we saw on Necroa Prime would warrant everyone's attention. Imagine if could get himself onto a planet and then start to turn people in those monstrosities? All it would take is for him to do so on a trade hub or station and then entire galaxy would be thrown into a panic. Sivter would thrive on the panic he can cause and all it would take would be one showing of his power to get many in the galaxy to swear allegiance to him. If we don't at least try then we should just disband our orders and everyone return to 'normal' lives. Our duty is to unite the galaxy and try to keep some type of order. Whether you have faith in them or not, the NR and Empire are the two biggest forces out there. If they unite against Sivter, then we will have more information at our disposal and more weapons to take out this sithspit then just to sit back and maybe catch him. He has already proven more cunning than we imagined so why not bring on board probably the best strategist the universe has ever known in Thrawn? Why not have him get together will fighters like Rogue Squadron and who knows what we might have on our hands?

Adam still has his contacts within the NR and Kalja has a deffinate in with the Imperials. Shoot, we could get the Mandalorians in with us, we should be set to take on anything Sivter has up his slimy sleeve."
“This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.”
-C.S. Lewis
"But generally, Shaggy is right." - Jagtai
Daer'Gunn Wiki

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:58 pm

"I stated what I thought, you know where I stand." Don walked back out of the circle and stood beside John and the other Brotherhood members.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:52 pm

"Um--," Anastasya began but she never got to finish that sentence before Arilyn spoke up.

"Sure," she said excitedly and Darien smiled then led them over to the drink bar.

As they walked Arilyn leaned in close to Ana and pulled her down a bit with a gentle tug on her sleeve. "Ana, what's a---fizzy pop?"

"You don't even know," Ana exclaimed then her eyes darted to Darien, but if he had heard her outburst he gave no sign. "You don't know," she repeated, albeit a bit quieter this time, "but you were the... Why did you... You said yes!"

It sounded like an accusation but Arilyn didn't let it deter her. "He seems nice," she replied as if that answered everything. Anastasya just rolled her eyes and sighed in exasperation.

"Here you go," Darien said handing her a cup and one to Arilyn.

"Um, thanks," Ana replied absently, accepting the cup from him and taking a sip. Arilyn also accepted her cup with thanks and while her friend was drinking Ana turned her attention back to Darien.

"So your sister set this up," she asked and he nodded in reply, "Who is she? Is she someone we know?"

"It is not the Jedi way to give up so easily, Paladin Curhka," Faye replied after Don had stated his opinion, "If you wish to battle this foe alone then that is your prerogative. Face Sivter on the battlefield of his choosing under his conditions if that is your desire, but if there is even the smallest chance that the forces of the galaxy can be united under a single banner to battle this foe then we must take it."

She turned then to Daer'Gunn, "I will make preparations at once to leave for Mon Calamari to speak with the Republic's head of state. I'm afraid with Master Sage preoccupied someone must take up this task in his stead."

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:39 pm

"Please do so and be careful, well at least more careful than you already are. I have a feeling Sivter's tendril's may be spreading to the high chains of command. We must be ready."

Daer'Gunn turned toward Kalja.

"I know you are with Delth, but I was wondering if yo knew of this hostility between the Mandalorians and the Empire? Master Cazzik Wyn is currently trying to defend some of the people on a Mando colony and the suspect they are being raided by the Empire. We will need to put this to rest if we can, the sooner the better as well. We will need all of these governments to come together if this plan will succeed."
“This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.”
-C.S. Lewis
"But generally, Shaggy is right." - Jagtai
Daer'Gunn Wiki

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:56 pm

“I would like to tell you more, but I don’t know one way or another about that situation,” Kalja answered him. “To my knowledge, the Empire has no issue with the Mandalorians, but I’m afraid that knowledge is also very limited right now. I’ll ask Delth after this meeting and see what I can find out.”

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:07 pm

"Yup." Kali smiled as she slid up next to her brother and flashed her best smile, "Kali Vos at your service, though I have to admit I didn't expect quite so many people to show. Mum is always worrying about the mental health of the younger Jedi, especially given the recent set backs, so i figured what better way to decompress than a nice "social mixer" or as i like to call it... a party. Enjoy yourselves!"

Kali flashed the two girls another smile and gave her brother a wink and then whirled off into the room playing the good hostess...

Darien shook his head as his sister flitted off and took a long sip from his cup, "That was my sister, not very Jedi like but her heart is in the right place."

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:40 pm

"There is also one more matter of concern that you should be aware of," Faye piped up before Daer'Gunn could call an end to the meeting. "I regret to inform you that your padawan, Caitlyn DeVries is missing. We have reason to believe she's with the--,"

"Cult?" Kalja asked, interrupting her, "I was informed of the situation by her sister, Isis Sinclair."

Faye felt disappointment at that. She wanted to be the one to tell her first, or at least be present when she finds out. Regardless she kept her disappointment from showing on her face. "If that was all I had to tell you then I would be relieved, Master Leidias, but I'm afraid there's more."

She made a gesture and a nearby console activated, displaying images of a sizable crater as shot from low altitude. The carnage was incredible, there had been some hint of structures being there before but something immense had wiped the area clean. "This crater was the site of an immense explosion," Faye explained, "I had our recovery teams photograph it while they were searching for survivors. This was the last place we lost contact with young DeVries."

Kalja's expression remained unchanged but she had a feeling she knew what Faye was trying to get at. "No one witnessed the act, but we all felt it. Caitlyn had somehow unleashed more power than I ever thought possible coming from her and now that power is in the hands of the Cult. Our recovery of Caitlyn should be our top priority next to stopping Sivter, but our window is closing fast. The girl is--unstable, I doubt she will survive Sivter's machinations for long. If we cannot rescue her in time then we must consider an alternative. Having this much power at her age is remarkable enough, but given a good many years of development along with Sivter's teachings she could become a creature of darkness that could even rival you," her frown deepened even further, "Should it come to that young DeVries will have to be dealt with."

Normally, that would have been a very difficult thing to say, but considering who she was saying it to it gave Faye a certain amount of pleasure. She wanted to measure Kalja, to know if she was capable of killing a friend to save a galaxy. Either answer to her particularly bold statement would speak volumes about Kalja's personality as well as her qualifications as a Jedi Master and a crusader for peace and justice, but most of all Faye just enjoyed watching her squirm. She eagerly anticipated her response but was very careful not to let her feelings betray her inner delight.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:06 pm

“It won’t come to that,” Kalja stated confidently and without hesitation. “Caitlyn’s great strength isn’t just in the Force. She has enormous willpower, enough, I’m sure, to cause even Sivter tremendous difficulty in trying to turn her. While her rescue is a top priority for me, I wouldn’t underestimate her.”

“But if she is turned…” Faye persisted.

“Then I’ll handle it,” Kalja assured her calmly. “Whatever Sivter does to her, I’ll find a way to undo it. I don’t believe that it will ever come to that though.”

She paused.

“Faye… speaking of rescues… you may be interested to know that Elena was here.” Kalja looked down. “She was very upset about losing her family on Vorzyd V and stole a shuttle to try and infiltrate the Cult of Shadow on her own.” Kalja looked back up. “Had I known what she intended, I would have stopped her, because, to be frank, I’m more worried about Elena’s emotional state than I am about Caitlyn’s. It’s exactly the kind of thing Sivter could manipulate.”

“Does she have any infiltration training that I’m not aware of?” Kalja asked. “I fear her attempt will be futile otherwise.”

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:12 pm

All the humor she had been feeling a moment ago had drained from her completely. When she heard Elena had gone to infiltrate the Cult her face had gone completely pale. No, she wouldn't have... "I...," she began, floundering around for the words in a manner that was very unbecoming of her, "She, um... She has the training she received from Jana. Her illusions are quite powerful and could--help... Maybe."

She didn't sound at all confident which confirmed Kalja's greatest fears. "I, um... I have preparations to make," Faye said suddenly and she retreated from the room before anyone could stop her.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:03 am

“I must take my leave as well,” Kalja said with a nod of her head. “There is much to be done on my end. I will do my best to keep you updated on my progress. May the Force be with us.”

And then her holo faded out.

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:33 am

"As do we." Don walked near the circle again along with Herra. "I have to report back to my people, Acolyte Gattoh will be your Brotherhood contact for the time being, until we have a specific target to defend from Sivter, we will continue our search and gathering our forces. Until then." Don headed out the Council chamber.

"I hope we are successful in our endeavors with the New Republic and the Empire, they are much needed in this time of stress." Herra looked at the remaining council members before heading out of the council chambers. "May the Force be with us all."

Gattoh was the only Brotherhood member left in the council room as he walked over to Master Daer'Gunn. The man towered over him,it was like standing next to Paladin Cuhrka. It was intimidating to stand near the Jedi Master. "I've been asked to be your Brotherhood liaison until Paladin Cuhrka comes back from his trip to Citadel. I will be honored to serve with you Master Daer'Gunn." John said with a bow.

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:42 pm

OOC: Oh yes...its me...

IC:

Onderon – Home of the Jedi Order

Clouds covered the planet of Ossus’s landscape as two ships reverted from hyperspace. The hazy white pattern of cotton blocked out the intended destination of the vessels. Pointing their bows toward the planet Onderon both craft accelerated at a steady pace trusting the navigation course laid out by the astromech of the X-wing. The fighter formed up in escort position with the YZ-775 freighter as they prepared to enter the atmosphere. Looking out at the planet the lead pilot gripped his flight stick a little harder than usual, memories flooding his mind as he allowed fear to cloud his mind for the briefest of moments. Few planets could cause emotions to stir the way Onderon could among the historians and scholars of the Jedi Order.

Filled with history related to the Sith Order, Onderon’s place in galactic history had been attempted to be redeemed several times throughout its history, including now. Ten years before however a violent battle had taken place between the Sith and the Jedi once again restoring the planets near mystical ability to pull the two factions of the Force together in battle. Master Cameo Naton had led a group of Jedi to the planet to crush the Sith once and for all only to have them barely escape leaving his apprentice, Freedom Nadd, on the edge of death.

Physically beaten to the brink of death Freedom had spent weeks within a bacta tank as med droids had repaired his broken and crushed bones through the weeks slowly bringing him back to health. The now twenty-four year old Jedi has made two trips to Onderon since his near death at the hands of the Sith. One to conquer his fear of what had happened, the other to see his the four-thousand year old tomb of his grandfather. Both had been healing adventures neither however had fully healed the emotional scars that had been left behind.

Opening his hand to release the tension the Jedi took a deep breath and set the fighter on the approach vector granted by the Jedi Temple’s control tower. Double checking the freighter in formation with him one more time he brought the X-wing back and above the larger vessel giving it a direct path to the landing pad. Making a pass over the temple as the Corellian Engineering Corporation freighter touched down Freedom brought the X-wing down next to it. As he powered down the fighter he noticed there was no shortage of ships on the landing pad, there was a surprising number of more personal craft then fighters present however giving Freedom an idea of just what might be in store for him.

Popping the seals on the canopy Freedom did a quick check of his personal inventory then hopped over the edge of the cockpit landing beside his fighter. A technician was already prepared to run a diagnostic on the fighter with his permission and his astromech was half way out of the fighter. While Onderon may have been a back water world the port for the Jedi Temple clearly operated at a mid-rim worlds efficiency. Walking toward the Endless its pilot lithely walked down the boarding ramp, another Jedi in tow. Her black hair hung loosely around her face reaching just below her shoulders while she carried a blaster at her right hip and vibro blade slung at her waist attached to her back.

The pilots smile offset her deadly array of weaponry as she winked toward Freedom. “This place is better then you said it would be, the only thing your right about so far is the lack of kind locals and the humidity.”

Smirking Freedom brushed some dust that had kicked up onto his black flight suit off instantly turning it into a scowl as he realized that he would have to actually wear a version of a Jedi robe for the first time in more than a year. “You haven’t been here long enough to have formed an opinion on the other things I listed.”

“There were only four other things on that list, and I didn’t see a single one on the scans in.”

Rolling his eyes the other Jedi held his hands up in surrender. "I swear hanging out with you two is like watching two love sick high school kids act like they hate each other but they both know they love each other."

Beginning his walk up the ships boarding ramp Freedom stopped. "Yeah but Cal we're worse..."

"...Way worse,' the Kera stated cutting Freedom off a mischievous grin on her face, 'we know we love each other and still act like this."

Shaking his head Cal walked away in mock frustration while Kera went about her business making sure the technicians were unloading the proper supply crates from her ship and overseeing the diagnostic and fueling operations that were already underway as well. Moving up the boarding ramp of the YZ-775 Freedom headed toward the crew quarters to hit the refresher and change his mind concentrating on the task at hand. Regardless of the outcome at least the next few weeks will be far easier then what I’ve been doing for the past year.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:26 pm

If anyone had seen her right then and there, "attractive" would have been a hard word to summon up. Tone was still the perfect image of Silserian beauty, but at the same time, she was covered in sweat. She was working on her ability to control objects through the Force, and she was at the part of the training session where she was really pushing herself. L'hnnar was with her and was working with her, something that while she appreciated, knew was working against the Jedi. L'hnnar was the headmaster of the Temple, and was the person in charge of maintaining the curriculum and ensuring that everyone was learning. That meant that he didn't necessarily have the time to work one on one with her. It was something that Tone didn't mind too much. She herself was incredibly busy as his assistant, and the assistant headmistress. She had been working for months now with the Younglings and the early year padawans to make sure that they were learning properly and to address any and all problems.

At least the problems that she could address. And that was one of the reasons for this particular training session. She had felt that she wasn't able to properly help the students in some regards. Tone had wanted to work on that herself, and now that she had fought in the battle, she felt that she really did need to work on a number of things to make herself better. The Jedi had always been involved in some kind of conflict, and this current issue was heading somewhere fairly dangerous. Tone needed to be at the top of her game. It had been serendipitous that L'hnnar had been in the area and had sensed her and had decided to come and help her.

As she worked the complicated series of loops, she couldn't help but worry about Renato. She knew that she needed to be concentrating on what she was doing, and she was, but in the back of her mind, her thoughts dwelled on her fiancé. He was reeling after that fight with Arksis and there was no telling what he might do. L'hnnar could sense it.

"What is wrong, little one?" He asked after she was done with part of the exercise.

"Nothing."

"Hiding things from me has never been your way." The Whiphid said with a gentle approximation of a smile. "I put the right ribbons in today." He said, gesturing at his beard.

The action and the thought made Tone laugh. "Master, matching ribbons in one's beard seems incredibly trivial compared to what's going on around us."

"Ah yes. You speak of this Sivter and the Cult of Shadow. Little one, haven't we done much before we came to the Jedi Order and offered our services?" He asked.

"Yes, L'hnnar, but nothing like this."

The Whiphid thoughtfully stroked his beard and considered. "That may be true, but at the same time, think of the things we have done. They may not have been as large or grand scale as this, but did that not make them any more important? They were important in the eyes of the people we helped, yes?" He asked, as Tone walked over to a bench and took a seat. He waited until she nodded. "Then how do you not know the answer to your problem?" He asked. "You simply take one day at a time, and work on one part of the problem at a time until the problem no longer is a problem, as you have found the solution." He said.

"Easy enough for you to say."

"Because of my years of experience?" He asked, rhetorically. "I wish swift justice upon Sivter for what he has done. Do not forget, little one, that the man he killed once called me master as you do. I could have attempted to act rashly, without thought."

Tone nodded. She looked down at the ground. "I just feel like I'm not able to prepare enough."

"You do what you can, that is all that is asked. Now, speak to me on what is truly bothering you." The Whiphid said.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Sona Nevri was never one to worry. She worried, but she never really worried. So when she realized that she hadn't seen the man she called the human term of "boyfriend" in more than a little while, she was only mildly concerned. She was more than sure of the fact that Kail hadn't sustained any real injuries. Despite what Tone said about that Akain guy, she would put a whole stack of kaerala on Kail's ability to fly over Akain's. And Tone had said that Akain had seen some things and done some things in this here galaxy. If Akain would have survived the battle, assuming he hadn't gone off all angry and evil, then Kail would. Cause Kail was awesome.

So she had headed to the fighter bays to see if she could find her errant love. She had been incredibly unsuccessful at first, until she had bumped into her master. Janak had been wishing to speak with her and she had had a training session with the elusive Jedi before reattempting to find Kail. Something that Janak had said had stuck in her head and she had reached out with her senses in an attempt to find the Lin Monk. It hadn't taken Sona too long after she had really set her mind to it and had started utilizing the Force. It was something that she was still getting accustomed to, actually being able to call on it, instead of unconsciously using it and calling herself lucky.

Like that time she'd survived the nest of Curiks, but not her mother's stern scolding.

Sona shivered as she remembered it. The scolding, not the Curiks.

She had opted to run to where she was headed, and it had been a good, clearing run. When she reached where she had been pointed towards, Sona couldn't help but smile. There he was, with Deek. It was the spot where the two of them had gone to find and "capture" Deek. She stepped into view, but she was still behind him. Deek sensed her though, through smell and turned, regarding her, causing Kail to turn. She smiled.

"Hard man to find, Kail." She said, walking towards them. Deek ruffled himself as Sona walked towards them. "He's cheating on you, with me." She said to the creature, before reaching a hand out. Deek nudged her hand and then pretended to ignore her. Sona bopped her forehead onto Kail's in a quick Lin language greeting.

"How have you been?" She asked.

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Kriffing Jedi Robes, I hate them, too loose where they shouldn’t be, chafing edges where you need to be able to be flexible. Damned things were definitely created to try a Jedi’s patience. Sliding his index finger back and forth between the edge of the robe and his neck Freedom tightened the belt around his robes. They were far from traditional robes, a black underrobe formed to his body, its long sleeves augmented by dark blue gloves that ran up half way on his bicep. Armor plates covered his forearms matching the color of the gloves. His outer robe had the traditional hood yet looked more similar to an over sized vest its color matching those of the sleeves. Black pants were tucked into matte black boots, two lightsabers hanging on either hip.

The two intricately designed lightsaber handles mirrored the past of their owner. One black as the night that surrounds it designs break up the reflection, a tribal near primal design carries a meaning of bravery, family, and loyalty. Its counterpart a mirror opposite silver with black etchings of an ancient language. The mantras of truth, honor, and courage break up the smooth exterior the former a link to his families past, the latter a representation of what the Jedi had become.

Freedom watched as Kera secured the freight elevator then made her way over to him. “You ready to do this?”

Nodding once to himself to assure himself he responded. “Yes, time to come full circle as they say.”

Raising an eyebrow Kera eyed him out of the corner of her eye as they started to walk toward the Temple. “Who is they?”

“No idea.” Freedom pulled the hood of his robes up his mind now completely focused on the task before him.

Feeling the unfamiliar duracrete below his boots the scuffing of the rubber against the pavement allowed Freedom to concentrate on something very simple distracting his mind. Drawing on the Force he felt the ebb and flow of it around him, the contrasting emotions of frustration of a failed task, happiness at a new talent learned, confusion of a young padawan and joy as a newly appointed Jedi Knight was filled with confidence. It was all a welcome change from the currents of battle that had kept him busy for the majority of the last few years.

Being surrounded by violence had given him an edge, one he had learned to control and fine tune. It pushed his limits within the Force causing him to find a balance within himself yet still be able to push himself to places he would have previously thought impossible. It was there, in the place of the impossible that Freedom had reached peace within himself finally. Buried beneath layers of fear, regret, anger and the inability to let go of his pride had the Jedi found his true self. It made him fully aware and confident in his near primal connection to the Force.

He was able to engage the Force without fear of the dark side, without fear of letting those who saw his potential down. It was in that place he had discovered his inner confidence providing him with the ability to face each day without the shadow of doubt hanging over his head like a layer of storm clouds waiting to unleash their wrath upon a city.

“Freedom….Freedom…Freedom!” Kera’s voice pulled him from his thoughts and he found himself standing before a group of Jedi. Smiling he greeted them and allowed them to ask him a few questions before continuing inside the temple. Taking Kera’s hand Freedom allowed his smile to grow larger as the refreshing nature of the young Jedi’s enthusiasm carried over into his own mood. Youth is not wasted on this generation of Jedi, he thought to himself, a welcome relief to a galaxy whose own selfishness ruins the enjoyment that life can bring.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:36 pm

<<I needed time to absorb what I saw on Necroa Prime,>> Kail sent back to Sona. <<War is a poor description for what Sivter is doing. I know now that he’s not doing this for territory or power. He’s trying to change things – fundamental things. I would have thought his goals to be impossible before, but no longer.>>

He looked back at Deek, but continued sending to Sona. <<I don’t want what I saw on Necroa Prime to happen anywhere else, but I don’t know how to fight it. All of my skills are useless against someone like Sivter.>>

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:27 pm

<<Well if your skills are useless, how do you think I feel?>> Sona asked as she sat down next to him. <<I mean, yeah you're male, but still, you are better than me in a lot of aspects. But what can we do, other than whatever we can? If everyone works to the best of their ability, maybe together we do stand a chance.>>

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:37 am

<<That’s the real issue, isn’t it?>> he asked her rhetorically. <<Getting everyone to work together… Sivter’s announcement about what he’s going to do to Alsakan has made me realize that I’m not doing everything I can to help.>>

He looked back at Sona. <<I need to leave Onderon. I’m going to head back to Lin’La’Se space and see if I can convince my people to help defend Alsakan from Sivter. The Linshi haven’t left their borders with a military force for thousands of years, not even against the Xen’Chi, so I don’t know how successful I’ll be, but I have to try.>>

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:19 am

Peace...it filled air around the Jedi Temple surrounding every living thing throughout the Temple grounds. The breeze was cool and refreshing, filled with the smells of fresh cut grass, flowers that bloomed and the laughter of Jedi. Freedom soaked it all in knowing that there would soon be less laughter to fill the Jedi Temple. Many Jedi were preparing to leave this place to rise to the defense of the citizens of the galaxy. Their apprehension was an undercurrent amongst the joy but it did not ruin the feeling of calm, it simply showed that through everything the Jedi knew they had a job to do.

Opening his eyes Freedom took in his surroundings. He had yet to be assigned a suite within the Temple so he sat in one of the many terraces, Kera curled up on one of the couches watching him as he meditated. He smiled in her direction slowly stretching his cramped limbs. Rolling onto his stomach he placed his hands on the ground and pushed up. Standing the Jedi adjusted his robes and moved to the couch. Kera placed her head on his shoulder wrapping her arms around his waist. “Whatever is keeping them must be important, there isn’t much that could keep them from rushing to see if you were going to destroy some part of the Jedi Temple.”

“That part of me is long gone, you saw to that. I only deal in purposeful violence now.” Pushing a hand through her hair Freedom kissed the top of her head.

“Besides, most of the Jedi don’t even remember me. If they do they only remember my reckless past.”

Kera sat up and draped an arm over his shoulder. “You will be remembered by your acts of now, the olar eyn jii, here and now.”

Nodding Freedom searched the Temple once more. They were around, those whom he needed to talk to. There were matters that the Jedi must act on. They were doing nothing it seemed about the Mandalorians, their allies, those that had helped them in their time of need to be attacked. The Mandalore would survive, but they had a chance at being victorious with Jedi aid. Then there was Sivter, how could they sit back and let him attack without action. Master Naton had taught him action without thinking was wrong, yet he had also stated that inaction in a time of need was worse.

“These are times when the Jedi should be helping those who need it most, not picking and choosing but helping all they can.” Freedom’s fists curled the familiar feel of rage filling his blood. It was different now however, there was no anger to fuel it. No hatred to spurn it on. Now it was simply a motivation, a powerful access to the deep end of the pool. Feeling the Force flood him the Jedi closed his eyes and felt it course through his veins. Years had gone by without him being able to do this without the dark side, the love of a woman, learning to be a true warrior and finding his own inner self.

It was only now that he could understand what Master Naton had been teaching him through the years....and now his master was gone, unable to see that his most prized apprentice had found his way home. A twinge of regret flitted through his mind. It had taken him too long to reach this point, now he would use what he had been taught and what he had learned on his own to forge himself into a rallying point. The Jedi needed to act, they had licked their wounds from the Xen’Chi long enough in his opinion. Wounds could take years, decades even centuries to heal for the galaxy, but the Jedi they did not have that luxury, the time to heal had passed it was time for them to once more rise to their duty.

Opening his eyes Freedom looked to his lover. Her hair covering her face, providing a veil over her eyes. Her face was smooth, quiet even yet beneath it lied the courage that fueled her desires. She was his mirror image, yet more contained. She had everything that would be needed for the coming battle, whether here or on another world. She had survived the Xen’Chi using her skills as a warrior, as a Mandalorian. She had fought alongside the Mandalorian Protectors, saving Freedom’s life as the two crossed paths. Kera was indeed his true match, even her father had said as much.

Rarely would a Mandalorian woman look beyond her own, he had proven himself to not only her during the Xen’Chi conflict but to her father Kyr Aden. Someone who Freedom found could have easily killed him before the Jedi had even thought about drawing his lightsaber. He found little comfort in this except for the fact he had begun to think of Freedom has a son, his only request when he approached Kyr about marrying his daughter was that he accompany Kyr on a mission against the Xen’Chi, without his lightsabers only the weaponry given him by Kyr.

Freedom had come back from the mission, earning the approval and praise of Kyr. He had also come back changed, his eyes opened to his full potential. It had taken his complete reliance on everything that existed outside the realm of the Force to prove to himself who he was. Kera had immediately noticed the change realizing that her lover had become someone who was finally at peace with himself.

Bringing himself back to the present the Jedi pulled Kera tighter to him then stood. Whatever was taking them so long to meet him had taken long enough. Every moment wasted was another moment that someone else could be dying.

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Daer'Gunn bowed to Johnathan and then turned to Aleria. "I need you to go and get in contact with the ships that are in orbit. Let them know they are clear to land and that their help is greatly appreciated." She bowed and went off to the communications wing. Daer'Gunn motioned for John to follow him. The two walked out towards the main courtyard. The trees were swaying in the afternoon breeze and Gaer'Gunn just stood there in the presence of the Force and in the energy of those around him. As he stood there and watch younglings and other children playing with each other he took another deep breath when he noticed something. A presence, a flair in the force. He picked up his com and called to the orbital guards.

"This is Master Daer'gunn, can I have a list of ships that have landed within the last couple of hours?"

"Yes sir, being send to your data pad now."

He scrolled down the list and stopped on one name specifically. "Freedom?"

"Do you know him Master Daer'Gunn?"

"Only by name, one of my closest friends helped to train the man. Last I knew he had nearly dissipated to his own darkness and now he is here. I can feel him and I think we should go and meet him." His stride increased and there was an anticipation in him that he hadn't felt in a long time. Another warrior was possibly back into the fold. As he approached the room he slowed down and took another calming breath. He pressed the button and when the door open, there stood a man who was almost his own height and Daer'Gunn knew it instantly from the fire in his eyes.

"Freedom Nadd, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Master Daer'Gunn and this is John Gattoh a representative of the Brotherhood of the Force. It is an honor to finally meet you." Daer'Gunn said as he bowed his head. Freedom appeared to have a puzzled look on his and before he spoke again Daer'Gunn said.

"Students will be known by their masters and Master Naton spoke very highly of you. I am sure the he would be glad to know that you are here."

ooc>not much but I have to go to work :(

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Master Daer'Gunn…, Freedom searched his mind for a reference. Master Naton had spoken about him a few times. Strong in the Force, sympathetic to a fault, he was loyal to the Jedi and a cautious man. Freedom had hoped to meet with a Jedi he knew more personally but Master Daer’Gunn would do nicely if Master Naton’s assessment of him was correct. Returning the bow Freedom offered the Jedi Master his hand and they shook a greeting. “Indeed, Master Naton would be quite pleased to see me show up I believe. He shared with me once an opinion of you and I assure you it was full of praise.”
Freedom turned to the side to introduce Kera. “Master Daer’Gunn meet Kera Aden, Kera, Master Daer’Gunn is a member of the Jedi Council.”

Kera offered the Jedi her hand and then Freedom motioned to the Temple in general. “You have done nicely in giving the Jedi a safe haven in such times. I have not seen the Order in this condition in my lifetime, you should be very proud to have achieved such a great place where peace can be obtained.”

Freedom’s choice of words sent a chill up Kera’s spine. He had not seen her love involved in a political discussion before, it was only in battle where she had forged her opinion of him. His words were smooth, leading to a point in the distance. He had always stated that Master Naton had taught him that it was not the current topic that mattered in political conversation but the one ten topics down the road. Freedom stated that he hated politics that it was worse than being tortured to him yet she knew when he had to he could spin a web that needed spun.

She fell in step behind him as Master Daer’Gunn walked them around the outer terrace of the temple showing them the grandeur of the entire setting of the Temple. Freedom was clearly impressed, as was she, with the clear magnitude and conveniences that were provided here. Stopping at a balcony Freedom looked out over the waterfall that fell before them and Kera knew that their nice peaceful tour of the grounds was about to take a turn for a far more interesting conversation.

“Master I must ask you a question, and I do it out of respect more than frustration. I apologize in advance if I offend you with what I am about to say.” Freedom placed his hands on the railing before him looking down.

“You have shown me this Temple and many of its great ways to nurture the Younglings and provide countless ways to train the Padawans and younger Knights but I must ask, does all this make you unaware to the goings on of the galaxy?” Freedom turned to look at the Jedi Master his face one of concern, legitimate concern.

“All of this is nice and great and beautiful to look at but what about the rest of the galaxy? Sivter threatens the galaxy with violence, the Mandalorian’s are at war with the Empire, there are several other situations that could use a Jedi’s influence as well yet I have seen no Jedi involved in any of it.” Freedom took a deep breath, emotions flooding him for the first time in months.

“Master Naton always taught me that a Jedi’s duty, his one purpose was to be a servant of the galaxy. I would not doubt that you have that same purpose Master Jedi, forgive me if I am out of place but what are the Jedi doing for the galaxy?”

OOC: I took a little bit of liberty with Daer'Gunn showing them around the temple. I hope you don't mind Shag. I got on sort of a roll when it came to writing, forgive me.

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:17 pm

"Believe me I am fully aware of what is going on witht he rest of the galaxy. Sivter even came here to this planet and butchered many innocents. He took some valuable information from out archives and killed my mentor in the process. We just returned from getting our perverbal butts handed to us by Sivter and his forces. He is plague on this universe and he needs to be stopped as soon as possible. The only problem is that he has beaten us at every turn now matter what we have tried. We've are not jumping at spies yet but he seems to have the upper hand in the majority of the encounters we have had. We will get him and there will be justice for the blood that rests on his hands." Daer'Gunn took a calming breath and closed his eyes. He could feel the frustration welling up inside himself but he let it out as he exhaled.

"I'm sorry, just having to lay the bodies of the young ones on the funeral pyres just reminds me of the loss of my own son to the hands of a mad man. But until the Force sees fit that my wife and I can have another one, this is our family. Aliit ori'shya tal'din [Family is more than bloodline] as my brothers say."

When he mentioned the old Mandalorian proverb, he saw a look in Kera's eyes. He smiled back at her.

"I was adopted into the Mandalorian family by some of my escorts. We have fought many times together and as we returned to Onderon after our last encounter, they have officially brought me into their clan even though they claimed me a year or so ago."

Turning back to Freedom, Daer'Gunn looked him right in the eye.

"I will tell you, I have no love for this political game we are forced to play. I am currently dealing with the Imperials and the New Republic, with neither one of them willing to admit that Sivter is the real threat that faces us now. They are too busy bickering back and forth between each other right now. I was raised a warrior and I would rather be out facing a foe in battle than listening to the complaints of two 'bickering children.' So I must ask you this, are you willing to fight with us against this evil?"

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:06 am

Freedom struggled to control himself as Daer’Gunn spoke. He saw a blur go past him in just enough time to grab on to his fiance stopping her just short of landing the punch that was aimed at the Jedi Master’s head. “You call them your brothers!”

Kera screamed her voice full of venom and rage. “You call them your brothers you damned Jetii![Jedi] You know nothing of being a vod[brother], a true brother would not speak like that. You abandon your aliit[family] to die? You know nothing of Aliit ori'shya tal'din[Family is more than bloodline].”

Freedom kept his arms wrapped around his fiance feeling her rage within, the genuine pain that Daer’Gunn had caused her. He had insulted the very fabric of the Mandalorian way and he knew nothing of it. Freedom maintained his hold on Kera as various Jedi walked past, scurrying to find better things to do. Whispering in her ear Freedom knew the effort was in vain but had to try anyways. Udesii cyar'ika, Udesii[Easy love, easy…]

“You are worthless Jetii!,’ Kera continued to fume but calmed at the voice of her lover. “How dare you call yourself a brother to Mandalorian when you sit here doing nothing, your piety pouring out of you like nothing more then a discarded sabacc card.”

Straightening her tank top Kera turned her back on the Jedi. “You are dar Mando[not Mandalorian] Jetii. Remember Jetii, Munit tome'tayl, skotah iisa[Mandalore has a long memory]. You will find yourself alone soon Jetii, without your aliit to help you.”

Walking away Kera headed toward the docking area leaving Freedom standing there with Master Daer’Gunn and John Gattoh. Freedom did not apologize for his fiance, he never would. He felt exactly how she had reacted. Looking at the Master Jedi Freedom could tell he was surprised by the reaction, Freedom had no time to deal with the small talk that would normally follow such an outburst. “Master, you ask me if I am willing to fight with you against this evil, my question to you is are you willing to go to war, now to take them on?”

Freedom opened his arms waving it at the Temple. “You wait for Sivter to react yet you already know where to find parts of his organization, striking at the head may be the most efficient but without his arms and legs he can do nothing. Are you willing to send out the Jedi now to confront his organization without little more then knowing where it is?”

****************************************************************************************

Kera was furious, no, she was utterly consumed by anger toward Master Daer’Gunn. He spoke of family, of being adopted into a Mandalorian family, yet he did nothing to help them. He was a hu’tuun[coward] to her and she wanted nothing more to do with him. Boarding her ship Kera made her way to the comm station. Pulling up her families personal encryption she plugged the recording unit her belt into the comm unit uploading the entire conversation with Daer’Gunn. Sending the message under her personal tag to her father, Kyr Aden, Kera began to strip off her clothing as she headed toward the ships armory.

Opening her locker Kera pulled out her red Mandalorian armor a piece at a time putting it on. She felt at home within her beskar’gam, the ritualistic process of putting on her armor calmed Kera. Completely incased in her armor Kera sat, waiting for her fiance to return. She knew that her father would send a response but she already knew what it would say. Bridges between friends could be burnt but family was for life.

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:04 am

"Where were you when I was holding the dead and the dying? Where were you when my friends were lying in polls of their own blood as we face Sivter? Where were you when my extended family were torn limb from limb by the creatures created by Sivter? I was there, I was in the fight, I have been back on this planet less than twentyfour hours and I have you come up and get in face about doing nothing? YOu have no clue what we have been trough in the last two months. We have ships in orbit that are coming here to help the injured and dying. In fact within the last hour that have have been with you, we have lost six knights and a couple more masters. Our hostpital is over run with those from our last battle and I ask again where were you?"

Out of the corner of his eye he caught a glimps of Blaze and Flash coming out form the armory with guns drawn. Their helmets were on and were ready for battle. Daer'Gunn raised his hand and the two stopped. Their guns returned to their sides but neither of them left. Araya came out of the jungle around them with her two witch padawans in tow. The crowd had now no longer speeded by, they had stopped and now stood and watched. There was an anger in the air but Daer'Gunn ignored those gathering and kept his gaze in Freedom.

"No Freedom, you have failed to understand that this place is a place of peace and sanctuary, but we are in a war and you have failed to feel what is happening around you. Take a second and looked beyond what you see here and feel the pain, hear their screams. It's not just here but I hear the calls of those on other planets. Right now we have council members in differnt corners of the galxay, doing our best to not oly hold back the darkness, but to take care of it once and for all. The only reason I am standing before you now is because I spent hours in a bacta tank. I went through a building trying to save someone."

"I have it on holo Jetii, if you want to see it" Said Blaze from the crowd. There was no sarcasim in his voice. It was a cold voice that Daer'Gunn had only heard on the battle field. Daer'Gunn once again put his hand up to calm him down.

"I am not here for a fight, no matter what you think about me, I will still call you a brother in arms, but if you are here to help, maybe you should go visit the crital ward in our hospital. Go see their eyes and feel their pain. Listen to their screams, we went into our last fight with limited knowlege of what was really going on. We thought we had the best chance to get Sivter and to stop him from getting a weapon of horrible destruction. We and our allies failed, because Sivter set a trap. Right now we need plan and I need another brother in arms. So I ask you again, are you wiling to help?"

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Freedom felt the urge to pull both his light sabers run through him. Even a few years prior he would have gladly fed the Mandalorian’s threat with one of his own. The situation had escalated far more easily then he had expected. There was a sense of satisfaction about that, it also let Freedom know that the Jedi were certainly still emotionally a wreck after what they had gone through.

Extending his Force awareness to the entire room Freedom counted the individuals around him, isolating the threats and non-threats he classified each of them in order of deadliness. Looking at the two Mandalorian’s he felt their intensely focused violence. Turning his attention back to Daer’Gunn he chose his words carefully. “Master Jedi, I do not assume to know everything you’ve been through so do not assume that you know my feelings on this matter. If there is a single Jedi in this Temple that understands this situation as well as you do it would be me.”

Clenching his fists then releasing them Freedom looked at Daer’Gunn as a man without anything left to lose. He had been there before, he had lost his way when he felt the galaxy was turning his back on him. He had more in common with him then Daer’Gunn knew. “What you see around you, the death, the carnage, the bury and burning of Jedi who you knew, cared about, taught and fought alongside, that’s my life. You can toss out your generalization of what you think Jedi should be, want to be or are seen as being. Were nothing but specially gifted people who are seen as the rescuers of the galaxy.”

“You want to have the chance to go after Sivter? You want to defeat him and help the rest of the galaxy? It won’t happen unless you can take all that irritation and frustration at the galaxy and tell them to shove it up their ass.” Freedom felt the teaching of Kyr, the Sith Holocron and Cameo melding into his own personal tome of wisdom as he spoke his mind.

“Where I was Master Jedi is doing exactly what every Jedi here should be doing. Taking care of the galaxy on my terms, the terms of the Jedi. Not the galaxy’s ideological terms of how a Jedi should take care of it. Don’t come to me asking me if have seen the hospital ward. Have you seen the hospital ward on Mandalore? There isn’t one. You know where those bodies are?” Freedom pointed at Blaze and Flash looking their direction to emphasize his point.

“Because I know they do.’ Freedom pointed toward the other Jedi who were gathering around. “You think they don’t know about the death in this galaxy? About those on any world the Xen’Chi hit? There weren’t hospital wards or morgue's there for those people. What makes the Jedi so special that you can sit here and complain about how many Jedi your burying. What makes the Jedi the only part of the galaxy that can sit here and wait for Sivter to show his face again? You think the Imperials are waiting? You think the New Republic is waiting?”

Freedom felt his mind racing as he focused on the point of his rant. “I respect you Master Daer’Gunn, I truly do. Master Naton spoke of you as an idealist, someone who would look past all the garbage around him and focus on what he could control. You can’t control who you bury, where you bury them and why they died. You can walk through that hospital ward and give a sense of peace and calm and reassure those that need it but being crippled by it and having pity on yourself simply makes you as pathetic as a youngling.”

Shaking his head Freedom felt his frustration gathering simply at his inability to make his point without shaking Daer’Gunn. “Master Daer’Gunn, if you want my help, if you want another warrior in this fight, it is time you look at the situation the Jedi have created for themselves.”

Bristling with more words to say Freedom closed his eyes and listened to Master Naton’s teachings on controlling his emotions. After a few moments he opened his eyes and looked around him. He was once again the center of attention, the center of everything that the Jedi Order both wanted and struggled with. He wanted nothing more then for the Jedi to see him as a rallying point, he realized however that it would be nothing more then yet another reason for some of the Jedi to huddle closer to their ideals and live within the bubble created generations ago within the Order.

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:48 pm

"I never wanted to be a leader." Came a small voice from the large man. "I never wanted anything like this to happen. I tried to make the best choice for those around me and I see I have failed in that. There is a part of me that wants nothing more than to see Sivter's body lying at me feet broken and bleeding but that is not what the Jedi are supposed to be about. Master Naton drilled that into my head a long time ago. We are about justice but to find the balance between justice and revenge. I am sorry Freedom, I am not here to start a fight with you. I was hoping form a brother in arms. The rest of the council is much wiser than I and I feel like a Corillian spec fly in comparison to them. I have been used as a figure head to rally the troops in this war. I saw first hand what the Xen'Chi did to the City of the Jedi. I watch them do horrible things to the Jedi that they captured and when we were at our weakest, the Cult struck here at our home. I arrived late to the fight, Sith spit I should have been here. The children, all the children were ravaged and torn. Then to find the only man besides Master Naton to take me under his wing, lying there with a Sith blade coming form his chest..."

He stopped for a second as though he was seeing it all again in front of his face. As he stood there, the crowd dissipated, they knew the confrontation was over. As Daer'Gunn stood there Araya came and pout her hand on his back. He could feel her power and peace wash over him as well as her resolve. He felt everything else wash away and once again, there was his destiny. He was called to protect those who could not protect themselves, he was called to bring justice to those who did not care for the lives of others, and he was to unite a people against a powerful foe. He straightened to his full height and as he looked around he met the eyes of those still around them. The resolve was undeterred and growing stronger with every second. He turned to see Blaze and Flash, they both nodded to him and the Flash put her hand to the side of her helmet. She said something to Blaze and he shook his head. He nodded to Daer'Gunn and Daer'Gunn understood, Mandalore has called them. They turned and were out of sight in a second. He looked back to Freedom and said,

"I will not back down form the darkness. I will do what I can for the allies and friends that I have. What is happening to the Mandalorians, I just found out about, had I known what was happening I would have left earlier, but as I told you I have just returned here. My destiny is not yours so I do not look for your pity or your understanding. I did the best I could do but apparently that wasn't good enough for some, that is why I stepped down as Grand Master. Leading the Jedi is saved for the bureaucrats and the politicians, that is not me. Never was. Sivter will pay for what he did, not just to me but he will pay a heavy price for the toll he has brought on this galaxy."

He turned to walk away but before he left he turned around one more time.

"And Freedom, if you think that you know me, you need to do your own homework. Naton trusted me because he knew when push came to shove I pushed harder than anyone he knew. He pointed me in a direction and leveled everything in my way, it seems that is my lot in life. If you don't believe me, you can sit here in your self righteous bantha crap and pull that judgmental stick out your butt and stick it someplace that might do someone else some good."

He turned away and walked toward the hanger bays with Araya at his side. Her two padawans trailed after her. He pulled his comms from his belt and typed in a specific code.

"Smoke get her ready and set a course for Master Wynn's last broadcast. Our friends need our help and I am going to answer them."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:43 am

Halomek wrote:<<That’s the real issue, isn’t it?>> he asked her rhetorically. <<Getting everyone to work together… Sivter’s announcement about what he’s going to do to Alsakan has made me realize that I’m not doing everything I can to help.>>

He looked back at Sona. <<I need to leave Onderon. I’m going to head back to Lin’La’Se space and see if I can convince my people to help defend Alsakan from Sivter. The Linshi haven’t left their borders with a military force for thousands of years, not even against the Xen’Chi, so I don’t know how successful I’ll be, but I have to try.>>
<<So...who needs a copilot?>> Sona asked with a small smile. She reached out and ran a hand through Kail's hair. <<Cause you know I'm coming with you. Last thing I want is your return catching some Lin woman's eye.>>

OOC: Horrible and not much. I hate me too.

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:16 am

Jonji Fawkes stood at a distance that would have allowed him to easily intervene had things between the Former grand master and this other Knight degenerated as it appeared it might, he remembered hearing stories of Freedom Nadd from his old Master, just enough that he knew the two men had seen the world through utterly different lenses. A slight smirk tugged at his lips as he considered how much more alike they probably were...

Kali held out her left hand to stop her brother as the scene between Master Dear'Gunn and someone she'd only seen in historical documents played out before them, they were far enough away that most of what was said couldn't be heard till things got loud, Darien had started to go for his blade but had stopped when her hand clamped down on his arm,

"I wish I understood Mando." Darien growled.

She glanced sideways at her brother and then back at the others as the former grand master turned then stopped and deliver his final scathing address loud enough so that everyone standing around watching still could hear it,

"Well that was... tense."

"You have no idea." Darien scowled as his eyes took in the situation he noticed his own master standing on the other side of the area and pulled away from his sister's grip and crossed to him, skirting past Freedom, "Master, what just happened?"

Jonji scowled at the question keeping his gaze on the errant Jedi, "Honestly I'm not sure other than a blatant display of testosterone."

"Figures." Kali smirked, "Galaxy's coming apart at the seems and people are having pissing contests. That's so typically male."

Jonji frowned at her and then shook his head when he realized she was just trying to defuse the tension in her own unique way,

"Yes well something tells me that whatever just happened was something a little more than just a pissing contest."

Kali rolled her eyes and then started off again towards the living quarters, "Darien you really should stop in and visit mum while you're on-planet, she misses you more than she's willing to admit."

Darien looked at Jonji and he nodded, "Go on, meet me at the combat range in an hour."

Darien nodded and sprinted off down the hallway, Jonji gave the whole scene one more glance and then continued on the way he'd be heading to start with...

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:29 am

<<I won’t be returning to the planet itself,>> Kail corrected Sona. <<I’m still a Journeyer. Linshi of my rank aren’t allowed to return home until at least five years after their departure and I have a few years yet until that time. This is to allow us to fully absorb the teachings to be found out in the galaxy without interference.>>

Sona looked at him and Kail could tell without her even asking what was on her mind. <<I plan to remain outside of the borders and ask my old master, Lin-Sho, to meet with me. He is the leader of our people. If I can convince him, then I will have succeeded in convincing my people.>>

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:54 am

Sona nodded. <<Just tell me when you need me to be ready and we can head out. I just need to tell Tone that I'm headed out with you, that's all.>> She said. She turned then and looked at Deek. <<Sometimes you have to wonder whether the level of intelligence that some sentients have achieved is a gift or a curse. Deek here probably could care less about Sivter.>>