The Jedi Temple: Unknown Horizons

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Re: The Jedi Temple: Unknown Horizons

Post by coronhorn » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:56 pm

James Proudstar had thought he knew just what Jedi were capable of, he'd trained with many of them including the Lord Defender but the display put on by the Jedi Order's former Grand Master had stunned even him and for the first time he wondered what he'd seen was even a fraction of those who could truly wield the Force were capable. As the battle ended he touched the control on his wrist,

"Delta and Gamma, secure the perimeter, Omega check for any more of those neophytes you are weapons free if you do, terminate with extreme prejudice."

With that he stepped into the opening of the clearing and moved with the fluid grace of a long time military man to the grand master's side, in the distance the distinct tripple report of one the commando's slug-thrower rifles sounded through the trees followed by the sharp crack and report of his man hawk's sniper rifle,

"Col. James Proudstar, Defender's Omega squad," he eyes lingered on the now very dead visage of the woman who'd only moments had seemed so utterly dangerous, then they fluttered to the nearby kids and another being before finally falling on Dear'gunn himself, "My men and I can clean this up if you need us to sir."

There wasn't any fear in his voice or the way he held himself, just confidence and discipline, the display had surprised him no doubt but he'd already known that Forcers were powerful, it had just cemented what that really meant...
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:22 pm

"Thank you Col. Proudstar. You and your men are more than capable, but I will still ask you to be safe." The large Jedi gave him a nod of his head and weak smile. He then turned his attention to Callie. He put up his finger and gave the little girl a "come here" motion. The girl obeyed instantly and ran to hug him. He could feel the tears drop down onto his arm. She continued to cry as he picked her up and walked away. Someone was saying something to him but he did not hear or even care to listen at this point.

In their walk daer'Gunn turned to the little girls and said, "I do not want you to ever call yourself by the name your father imposed upon you. I my language Callista means 'most beautiful' and that is what you are. beauty come from the lightside of the Force, not the darkness. Remember that from now on." She shook her head in agreement and they continued on.

Once they reached the medical tent, they found Judrin there being taken care of by a padawan healer. His injuries were not serious enough to command the attention of the main healers but he did see Araya by his side singing to him. She had an IV in her arms and he could tell she was exhausted. He greeted her with a warm smile and he mouthed to her "I love you." and she responded. She looked worried when she saw Callie being carried and started to get up but he waved her off and made his way around to her.

==========================================================================================

Araya's energy had been drained when she felt the comforting presence of Jola'edanna. She turned and met the woman eye to eye.

"You've done an outstanding job Araya but the cavalry is here, we can handle this and you need to rest."

Araya managed a weak smile and tried to sit down but her legs just were not there. She caught herself and then she felt Jola's arms come under hers.

"You look dehydrated, we need to get an IV in you or you won't be much good to anybody in short order and i'm going to need all the help I can get."

"You are correct, thank you my sister." Araya said as she finally sat down. The IV was placed immediately and she began to fully taken in what was happening. She saw an Ithorian being held down by many to try and set his grotesquely broken arm. One of them holding him Araya recognized from a GNN holo. He was a Zabrak, a journalist and a part time actor. She wondered why he was here until she saw the camera man standing outside the tent filming. She then sensed something awful but then felt her love's calm presence. He was running towards the wave of darkness. She closed her eyes and concentrated. She could feel the emotions of those surrounding him. He was her anchor in the midst of all the emotions surrounding her. She could stay locked in on him. She felt everything the way he did and then it was over. Every emotion that hit him, hit her as well and it was amplified in the Force. She opened her eyes to see Judrin standing at the edge of the tent looking around. He had been burned and was hurt. She motioned for him to come see her and began to work on him. She sand a some of calming and used the Force to start the healing processes until a young padawan healer came over to him. The Rodian asked him some basic questions and then applied the batca patches to him. He had been crying but as the bacta began to work, he just felt tired. He looked up at Araya and then placed his head in her lap.

She smiled and then felt her love enter the tent. He was carrying Callie and when Daer'Gunn locked eyes with her, she knew that the young girl was not hurt. He said "I love you." and she responded back to him. He made his way over and recounted the story of what had just happened.

"Are you sure that you are alright?" She said placing her hand on his heart.

"I am fine. Sayka can no longer hurt anyone I care about. I am free of her, finally."

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:27 pm

"Work together and make that witch screw up!" One of Miranda's group of soldiers had met up with a dark jedi. A few of them were dead or hurt already, but the rest had the darksider surrounded. They would fire and she would deflect the shots, trying to kill them with their own shots. The moment they let up though she would try to escape, they already had to run her down twice and while they were getting tired she seemed to be just fine. "Damn forcers... Hold her!" The leader yelled and charged in at her. She smiled a typical darksider "i win" smile at him and while deflecting a shot her motion would allow her to cut him in two, if he didn't drop to the group, rolled on his back and put his blaster up against her lower abdomen. The surprise on her face quickly turned to that of pain and death as he fired shot after shot into her lower torso.

The deed done he got up, kicked her lightsaber away and kicked her body a few times, just to make sure. "Damn sir, that had to be the stupidest thing i ever saw you do..." A younger male said walking up to him. "Heh... Maybe, but at the rate were were going we all would have died. I didn't expect to live through that though... I guess the trick is to allow them to think they know what your going to do, watch there movements then do something off the wall." He used a small holo cam to take a picture of the females face then put a blaster bolt into it. He looked at his men. "I'd like to make sure these types are dead, they have a tendency to get back up when you think they are dead." One of his men shook his head. "You already kicked the body a few times hard enough... hell why don't you light her on fire!" The Commander didn't laugh, he looked like he was considering it. "Just remember kids, these people can become very powerful. But they die just like everyone else. Its keeping them dead that's the problem. Call this in and move out, we still got a job to do."
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

CEO Raith Sienar

Post by CEO Raith Sienar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Lucien would watch on and would see how she had fought each flaw became evident he even saw shatterpoints forming as the duel continued and finally it would seem the Jedi Master himself had seen what he had and exploited it and she’d scream and then a burst of darkside energy would release and what remained fell to the ground.. Secureing his own lightsaber to his belt and the one he had recovered from the dead Sith he’d extend his hand calling Sayka’s blade to his hand and would secure that as well. He now owed one to the Jedi and he’d pay it back by bringing the children’s mother back to them.

He’d feel the other Sith and there reaction to feeling Sayka’s own death. Not many remained as they had been found out and hunted down. He’d finally go hunting himself and would track down a few of the Sith Warriors and would call them out. “Stop!” His lightsaber would ignite and he’d approach the small group already detecting a squad approaching he’d look to them. “Sayka is dead this was her failure and was never supposed to happen. Return to the Fleet I or my wife will be in contact with you soon. I EVER find you hunting Jedi I will hunt you down myself and I will not be forgiving.”

“Master I thought the Jedi were the sworn enemies of the Sith?”

Lucien’s eyes for the moment would turn yellow and he’d glare at the one questioning him. “The Jedi and Sith have been at each other’s throats for years now yes but you must remember that the entire Sith Order would not be here if not for the fact that our ancestors had not been exiled from the Jedi Order. Move past the anger of our forefather’s being exiled for different beliefs. If the Jedi can’t accept it then so be it our orders are two separate entities and if we keep on dwelling on our anger over the Jedi’s actions thousands of years ago we will all suffer the exact same fate that Palpatine himself faced for attempting to wipe out the Jedi Order. Defend ourselves as we must but do not outright make the Jedi enemies.”

He’d feel the hunters approach and would feel them drawing there aim on the group and as one would fire he’d turn around whipping his blade around and sending it flying into the sky. He’d look to the hunters and growl. “I have this under control the next idiot who decides to be trigger happy will face the Jedi.”

“But they’re hunting…”

“Not anymore they are not. They were working on the authority of the woman Master Dar’Gunn just killed and are in the process of leaving. Let them do so in peace and we’ll settle this in camp if you wish to debate this further. Pass orders to your superiors as well that you are to stand down.”

It’d take a bit to convince them one Lucien thought he’d have to forcefully take his blaster pistol away and would look to the warriors giving them clearance. “Issue the recall and leave if you’re not gone within 15 minutes I let them hunt you for listening to Sayka…”

“Understood sir.” They’d scramble knowing Lucien was serious and he’d look to the soldiers. “The Jedi still need help with excavation go help them the situation is under control.”

He’d make his way back to camp now three lightsabers on him he’d look at the area Sayka fell and though deep down he thought Sayka understood the Sith Empire he was trying to form she like the others felt the lust for power something he himself had to overcome many years ago. It wasn’t the systems you controlled it was what you did with the power you had.

His goal over time would be to reclaim the Sith Worlds that rightfully belonged to him and his people and begin the process of rebuilding but first the current group of Sith out there terrorizing the galaxy needed to be addressed first.

He’d enter the medical triage and look for the Jedi he was seeking and saw an intimate moment and stood back giving husband and wife time together and would move to approach and put his hand softly on Dar’Gunn’s shoulder. “You did what you had to. She’s no longer a threat and the galaxy is a bit safer now. I’ll help you here but once things are under control we need to remember the original mission.”
“I’m sitting on my ass before a legend. I guess the reports of your death have been greatly mistaken.”

Jerec Ordin speaking to Nich Dreadstar

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Hawk watched the soldiers from his pearch high in one of Onderon's massive trees as the Providence Group soliders took down the Sith Acolyte, it wasn't the first time he'd thanked the Lord Defender for his insistence on equipping them with cortorsis ore ammunition. This operation had been the Defenders first live deployment against forcers and the C-slugs had proven their worth already, the look of surprise one the faces of the Sith when their lightsabers died on contact with the slugs. Of course the look usually only lasted a few milliseconds before the two dura-steel rounds obliterated their faces. His tactical systems were showing at least 7 encounters with these sith acolytes outside of the one that had gone down between Jedi Master Daer'gun and the woman who was apparently their leader. This was the second one that he'd seen these providence mercs take out, he marked the body's location on the tactical maps and marked it for clean up, there was no sense in leaving the bodies around. The leader of the merc group was right on that point Sith had a nasty tendency to not stay dead, shunting power to his repulsor rig leapt into the air trailing along behind the Systems alliance people high in the air, his stealth rigged gear would allow him to stay hidden and unseen unless he wanted or needed to make his presence known...

Alighting again high up in the canopy he watched as the group of Providence people moved in on another group of Sith, he shifted his visual spectrum into the thermal and found thier target, oddly enough there seemed to be two seperate groups, a lone man and a group, he watched as the other man stopped the mercs from killing the Sith, Hawk activated his recording gear and moved through the canopy till he had a clear line of sight for the long range audio pickup, the lone man's words peaked his interest, the Providence Group men seemed to have no problems obeying but the behavior of this man peaked his curiosity so he followed him all the way back to the main triage area maintaining discretion the whole way and being sure to rely on the Lord Defenders training on following Forcers. It surprised him highly to see the man was with the former Jedi Grand Master's party. Keying the recording up he encrypted it and transmitted it to the Defenders datanet marked for the Lord Defender's eyes only.
Last edited by coronhorn on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt
Queen of the Damned

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:52 am

Before they turned to leave the tall for her age red head girl turned to the tan skinned man with a short military hair cut and a scar near his by his left eye the one called Col Porudstar and smiled "Thank you." She said as she then gave him a hug, then looked to the Jedi who was looking over Tharros"She's alive. . hurt. But she'll make it."

She then ran over to and gave the jedi a hug . She was happy he was ok, knowing he understood partly what they had been through, helped. He began to tell her she should not let her fathers issues mold her and that her named meant something else another place. . . Her entire life she had believed because of her father's teachings she was destined to be Chaos itself, but now. . Maybe that was not true? Maybe deep down she was something else?

He helped her to the tent where she hugged Araya who looked exhausted. She would let them be as she ran to see about Jude and Tharros. As she walked toward her brother Mira grabbed the "Thank the force." As Zane looked back and smiled at her.

"Cal." She rushed over her brother hit him on his shoulder then threw her arms around him"Ow Cal, not in front of the guys."

She let go him and sat next to him "Judrin Jaren Sunstar quite doing that!!! Because next time someone might not be able to get to you in time. We both have to be smarter. . next time. I guess we have alot to learn baby brother."then looking at Tharros "They said she'd be ok, that Shudda just fried him a bit. . ."Then she leaned over to her her head to his.
Tabetha/Hunt
I got out of the bed today.
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
-Winter Sleep Weighty Ghost
It's an animal thing
Riddick

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:31 am

Jola had caught the tail of the conversation as she was making her rounds of the tent,

"He'll be fine with a little rest." she spoke up as she passed, then pausing a few steps past them and adding with a stern tone to her voice, "rest being the operative word."

She then continued on her way to the makeshift nurse's station at the head of the tent, one of the Defender's med-techs was there monitoring the reading from the patients,

"All is well?" she questioned pausing to look over the screens herself, it wasn't that she didn't trust the young bothan just a very old habit she thought she'd kicked.

"Aye doc, all of them will come out of this with nary a scratch of long-term physical damage."

Jola nodded, sadly it wasn't the physical wounds that were the longer term issue in situations like this it was the mental ones,

"Be sure and have the droids do psych evals every patient as they're discharged."

"Aye sar"

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:36 am

ooc> Ok peeps let's move this to the new thread found HERE and keep up the amazing writing!!!!
“This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.”
-C.S. Lewis
"But generally, Shaggy is right." - Jagtai
Daer'Gunn Wiki