The Journey Begins

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:18 pm

They jumped. There were ledges that they could move to and in this fashion they were literally going the whole distance down in one shot. The two Jedi went as silently as they could. Erik and Isaac crouched low on one of the ledges and looked for the next ledges they would be heading too.

Their senses exploded as one and they leapt in opposite direction as red laser bolts slammed into the ice where they had been. Water started to pool on the ledge as the ice melted. The laser stream diverged into two separate streams that began to track the two Jedi as the moved from ice slab to ice slab.

Well, there goes the element of surprise, now don't it? Erik thought to himself, as his claws became his best friend. They dug into the ice as he moved faster and faster, enabling him to get much better traction than he realized his apprentice would be getting. He was getting closer to the ground, and his lightsaber came into his hand. He was going to need it soon he realized.

He reached the ground and rolled. The shooter had the advantage now, but Erik evened it as his lightsaber came up to block the oncoming red beams. Muir heard in the distance another snap hiss, and smiled, knowing that his padawan had avoided a painful death and was heading towards the constructs as he was. He was now able to spy who the shooters were. Two E-webs had been set up on top of a building, and the gunners were concentrating as best they could.

He mentally reached out to Isaac. We need to do something about this. Here's my plan. Their communication only took a few seconds. A few seconds after that, their plan was put into effect.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:43 pm

Force jumps had carried them above and in a cross motion. The two soldiers, trying to keep up with the Jedi, had brought their E-webs on each other. Erik had taken over from there. Guiding the blaster bolts, he’d destroyed the two E-webs but had not killed the soldiers. There was no need to spill the blood of those doing their jobs.

The two Jedi continued forward. They had put their sabers away and the talz around and inside of the camp had paid them little attention. To them, they were just two more enforcers of Mistress Vale. Which meant that they could not get any information from the talz without comprising their identities.

Something was drawing them closer and closer to the gaping hole in the earth. They felt a weird desire to enter the hole. Isaac turned to Erik as the latter shook himself. The Arkanian reached out and brushed a snowflake off of his master’s head. “Told you you would start looking like a talz.”

“Not now, Isaac.” Erik replied, looking into the darkened shaft. He felt a familiar presence and turned quickly. Nothing was there but he and Isaac were force pushed over the precipice. They slid forward into the sloping chasm. Faster and faster they went, almost unable to slow or control themselves.

When they finally reached the bottom, almost one click later, they tumbled into a huge underground city. Lair. Erik corrected himself. Mistress Vale laired, she could never live. Erik rose to his feet as did Isaac who brushed himself off. Erik froze as suddenly a hundred pairs of eyes looked at them from the shadows. Isaac looked up and jumped back. A hundred soldiers stepped out, weapons leveled at the two Jedi. “We played right into her hand.”

“Indeed, Jedi.” A woman stepped out infront of them. “Mistress Vale awaits you both.” She turned and started walking, the soldiers formed a pathway. The two Jedi walked it, eyeing the weapons still pointed at them.

They reached a large ceremonial room after walking through a huge mine and refinery. They stood before a simple dais. Vale stepped out and onto the platform Isaac got his first look at the Dark Jedi who had wreaked so much pain in Erik’s life.

She looked old, that was his first thought. She’d aged gracefully, but the Dark side had left scars on her body. Her lekku twitched from time to time, and brown eyes stared at them, willing them to draw their blades. Her lightsaber, a double bladed stood at the ready. But she wore a smile that haunted Isaac. It was a smile of knowledge, a smile of victory already attained. The smile died as she spoke. “Welcome, great Jedi, to my humble home.”

“Lets cut the formalities. What do you want Vale?” Erik said, a sharpness present that Isaac could not remember ever hearing in his master’s voice. A slight scornful look played across Vale’s face.

“Now, now, Erik don’t lose that Kenobi like composure that you’re famous for. You don’t want to know what I’ve been doing all these years?”

“People were oppressed, others killed all the while you served the Dark side. I hope I didn’t leave anything out.” Vale nodded.

“But I want to know what you’ve been doing. Its been oh so long. Still moping over that stupid girl Azira’s death?” The Bothan started forward, but held himself back. It was indeed one of his few weaknesses. For so long he’d worked on perfect the Jedi way of letting things go. But coming from a huge loving family, especially one that never liked to give away its possessions had impacted him a great deal. Another was the simple fact that Azira Jey’la had been his one and only love in his whole life. “I have a gift for you, Erik Muir.” She said as a large something was brought out into the room. It had a cord that ran out the room and a black cloth over it. “And you have one for me.”

“I do?” Vale indicated Isaac. “Isaac?”

“Yes. But more on that later.” Isaac interrupted her.

“How come I seem to never get a choice in these matters?”

“Hush, whelp.” Vale turned to him, and he realized that Vale was only talking to Erik nicely out of the respect she had for him which was interesting. He saw her face now for what it really was, a twisted mockery of Shrin’cro Drass, modified, corrupted by the Dark Side into one of hate and anger. Vale turned back to Erik. “Your Soresu has always been amazing, I must say. I have never seen it employed as well as I have when you fight. But it is a defensive art, and that day you were called to be aggressive.” The easy smile came back to her face. “You failed. You did not kill your love.” Erik’s eyes went wide as the cloth was removed. A bothan female hung in the cylinder, shriveled and obvious weak but still alive. She was immersed in some kind of liquid. He turned to Vale, hand on his saber.

“You…bitch!” He said, using one of the stronger words in his vocabulary. Vale laughed.

“Do you subject yourself to me, Jedi Knight Erik Muir?”

“What?! No!” She nodded and brought her foot down, severing the cord that was in the cylinder case of Erik’s former lover. The liquid started spewing out, and the level in the tank started to come down.

“She will die, Muir! She will DIE!”

“No!!”

“I ask you one more time, and for her sake answer correctly. Do you subject yourself to me?!” Erik looked back and forth between Vale and his lover. His mind searched through the Force. What was he to do? WHAT?! But the Force was silent. It was his choice, no one else could make it for him. Suddenly Azira’s eyes lurched open and she started to convulse, blood coming from her eyes, nose, and ears.

“Fine! I will.” Erik sank to his knees, screaming, cradling his head in his hands, tears flowing freely.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:21 pm

Erik laid against the cylinder. He had been like that for over three hours. Isaac watched him silently. One of the walls shared a wall with Vale’s dungeon. Isaac had been tied up and left there so far. But that changed when Vale stepped into the room. He looked up at her.

“Something you should learn Isaac Bel’laar. Always make sure you have the strength and ability to protect those you say you love. Vlan told me of that woman you claimed you loved. Rayna Midun. He told me how she died, how you failed to save her.” Isaac sat there, looking now at the ground. She clucked her tongue lightly, moving further into the room. “Look at your master, Isaac, see what he’s become. Nothing. A pathetic excuse for a Jedi.” She knelt next to Bel’kaar. “We are a special breed, set above the rest of the galaxy. These powers we have, they are not curses, but blessings, ones that we should use for ourselves.”

“We use them for others. To help them.” Erik’s teachings were coming back to him. Vale laughed.

“The naivety of youth. What do the people do for you in return? They support Order 66 which kills you off. They continue to support and aid in the arrest and killings of more Jedi. They fear us. And they should, for we’re the ones who have the power, and can exercise it.” She turned to the door. “Watch your master, Isaac. He’s useless now, and never will be again. The time will come, when you will be given a blade, and tasked with putting him out of his misery. I hope you have your Jedi compassion then.” Isaac was left to his thoughts.

Thoughts of the Dark Side.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:51 pm

Why? Why hadn’t Erik just let Azira die? It wasn’t as though she’d done anything for him, other than attack him and try to kill him. She’d gone to the Dark Side, and had become a mockery of everything that Erik had stood for. So why? He couldn’t fathom it. Isaac leaned back against the wall of the dungeon he was in, looking up at the ceiling. The Arkanian padawan just sat there, thinking to himself. It didn’t make sense. But then again, what about the Force, what about the Jedi did?

It then came to him, that Erik fully believed and lived in the Jedi Code. Though Azira had gone to the Dark side, she was still a person, and redeemable which is what Erik believed. He knew that he could save her, and felt as though he had to. It was one of his weaknesses, his care and love for those around him. Isaac knew he didn’t have that, at least not as much as his master, and wished he could be more like Erik. Erik was the only real Jedi that he’d ever seen in his life. His silver eyes looked through the grill of the wall to his master who was still slumped against the cylinder, breathing raggedly. He sighed. He could only hope and place his trust in the Force.

More and more he didn’t want to get his revenge of Hauc. But as Erik felt that he had to save Azira so to did Isaac feel as though he had to get his revenge on Hauc. His mother and his father called out to him, at least in his mind and he would kill the Sith Lord who’d killed his parents. He would have his revenge. Erik had always said that this wasn’t the way of the Jedi, but Isaac felt that it was something that he had to do.

Vale said that he had to have the strength and ability to care and protect those who he claimed to love. He loved his parents, though he’d never really known them that well. He’d not had the strength or ability then with his age, but this was different. He could felt the Force with him, as it strengthened him and made him better than a normal person.

He could do things that others couldn’t. So why should he be limited by codes and rules like the one that Erik had taught him? The codes were a system of control through which the Jedi could be controlled. Look at history. The Sith had been able to usurp the Jedi by controlling their loyalty. Isaac would never surrender his loyalty or his freedom ever again. There was no way it would happen.

All of a sudden, it was as though Erik was in his mind. Then you’ve already given it up. Isaac was in shock and he turned to look at his master. But Erik was still slumped against the cylinder. He didn’t understand.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:48 am

Erik finally stirred from the cylinder. He opened his eyes and felt the Dark Side. It came to him, warm and comfortable like a blanket, wrapping around him and lifting him up. He saw Vale in the corner of his vision smiling and watching him closely. And he didn't care.

Erik Muir had fallen to the Dark Side. He turned to the cylinder and noticed that the body of Azira was gone. There was another cylinder in the room now and Azira was in that one. But now her eyes were open and she was staring at Erik. He stared back. Slowly he rose, and when he was fully erect he strode to the front of the cylinder.

"Will she live?" he had to swallow twice from the lack of use of his voice over the past three days.

"She'll live. She'll have a scare on her back, but she'll live. Now, Erik, I think its time to turn to you gift to me." Erik eyes moved past the cylinder to Vale. "Your padawan. Like I said a few days back. He's your gift to me." Erik just nodded. He didn't even look to where Vale indicated. He just brought his eyes back to Azira.

"Free her." Vale nodded.

"Why don't I show you to your quarters first? Your quarters with Azira?" Erik shook his head and sneered at her.

"Free her, first. Now!" He accentuated his last word with the Force and Vale felt it. She nodded.

"Very well." She knew that she had Muir as her ally and was willing to accept a little verbal abuse. She knew she couldn't stop him. Since their last meeting back then, he though a padawan then, had become much more powerful than she in the Force and his skills with a lightsaber were nearly unparalleled. She turned to the technician next to her. "Get her out of there." The technician nodded. "I must see to something, I shall return." The Bothan nodded and Vale left the room.

Moving quickly down the halls, Vale basked in her victory. Muir who beat her in all the categories of the Force, she'd bested him. She'd turned him from his Light Side loving pacifist ways to the more appealing ways of the Dark Side. She'd gotten what she wanted out of this deal and now it was time to give to Korensan what was his due.

She entered her private quarters and keyed her comm. A few seconds later Vlan's face appeared. She smiled.

"Its done. Come and get the whelp."

"Mistress Vale, you never cease to amaze me. I'll be at Alzoc III in a few hours." The transmission was cut and Vale smiled again. Victory was ever so sweet.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:01 am

The Marauder-class Corvette arrived at Alzoc III a little faster than Korensan had anticipated. The Knight looked out the bridge’s transparisteel at the ball of ice before him. Why Vale had chosen this place as a headquarters, Korensan didn’t know, nor did he want to. He just nodded his head and the small corvette moved through space quickly towards the planet below.

He stood watching the planet come closer and as it did, the two signatures in the Force grew more insistent, larger per se in his mind. One was sloppy, very haphazard. Like a bunch of sharp needles all a messy pile. This he knew from experience was Isaac. Not fully trained and shaped, the boy’s signature befit that of a padawan learner, albeit a very powerful one. The other was small, like a marble, but contained a large amount of power just waiting to burst forth. That, if he had to guess, would be Erik Muir. This was different than what Muir normally was. He was akin to a marble even then, but…a cool one, one not filled with churning magma.

Vlan attributed this development to Mistress Vale, the same Twi’lek who appeared on his viewscreen now. “You never said what you wanted the boy for, Korensan.” The Dark Jedi bit his lip, feigning ignorance as if to tell the telepath, I don’t know what you’re talking about. The two played these games, dancing around a fire that had been stoked, but never fully fueled.

“I didn’t know I had to. What happens to the boy is my concern, not yours. While I didn’t say what I intended to do with Bel’kaar, you did say you would eliminate Muir. Yet, I find myself sensing him more and more as I come towards the planet. If you could explain yourself?”

“Careful, Vlan. Your tone shows sarcasm, and we know what I think of sarcasm. Why do you ask me of Muir? Is it because you feel that when he sees you, he might fly into a ‘rage’?” She asked, the last word spoken ever so lightly.

“Nothing of the sort, my dear Vale. In fact, quite the opposite. I feel he’ll become an introverted little Light sider, even more than he is now.”

“I doubt he’ll become ‘intro’verted, Korensan. He’s…taken on some new ways, shall we say.” Vlan lifted his head slightly, and his eyes widened for a split second. Erik Muir taking on new ways meant bad things for those of the Dark side. Unless…

“Impossible.”

“Nothing’s impossible with the Force.”

“You couldn’t have turned Erik Muir to the Dark Side. Not even-“ He stopped himself short. Vale eyed him.

“What was that?”

“Nothing. We’ve gotten through the atmosphere, and I’ll be at your compound shortly. Korensan out.” He killed the transmission and his hand came up to stroke his beard. The red skinned alien reached out with the Force and like a child and a hot range, touched the heat. He felt the shockwave travel through his body. Pain wracked him and the feedback from it went into the ship. The lights dimmed and for a few seconds the repulsolifts died, sending the ship into a short free fall. He eyed the pool of magma that he’d foolishly come too close to.

Perhaps it was possible.

His XO came up behind him and quietly spoke that they’d landed. Korensan paid him no head and strode off the bridge, to pick up his new charge. His boots crunched through the snow and he regarded the Talz milling around with digust. Both hands loose at his side, he came up to a young woman, a Dark Jedi obviously. He just looked at her and she nodded. It was time to see Isaac.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:18 am

Isaac screamed. The Arkanian struggled against the chains, and they dug into his skin, bringing blood out of his skin. He collapsed, from the physical strain. He looked up, trying to see his master, but Erik had disappeared. Where was he? What was going on? Suddenly he felt a weird but familiar presence. He stopped what he was doing and latched onto it.

Korensan. He was here. He redoubled his efforts, this time using the Force. The Dark Jedi woman entered the room and smirked at his efforts. "You can't break the chains. I'm reinforcing their strength through the Force." Isaac nodded and stopped. She just stood there, continuing to smirk for reasons Isaac didn't know. He then realized the flaw in her plan. Smirking himself, his mind moved through the Force and slammed hers. She reeled from the blow, and he quickly applied pressure once more to the chains.

They snapped, freeing him. Moving forward quickly, his fist meet her face before she could recover. Her head impacted against the wall, and she fell, unconscious. He used her lightsaber to cut the rest of the chains off. Now he had to find his real lightsaber and his master. He moved into the hallway and started walking.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Red. That was all the Bothan could see. And he reveled in it. Azira was before him, out of the cylinder and on a bed. The technician had said that it would be some time before she was able to communicate, but Erik was able to wait. He could wait as long as it took. Sitting back in the chair, he thought back to what he had wanted for so long, a real family. To have children and a wife, and be able to relax and love. It was something that any man would want. He could picture himself playing with the child and having picnics or something with Azira.

But try as he might he couldn’t. The images were gone from his mind, gone from his days as a padawan when he’d dreamed them. Instead when he tried to call them to his mind, he saw his real daughter, though she was adopted yes. He saw himself playing with her, and cuddling with her when she was but a babe. He saw himself fighting for her, and freeing her from slavers after he’d lost her for years.

He already had a family. His daughter, out there somewhere and Isaac. They were his family. He rose slowly, as the red began to clear albeit slowly. He felt the Dark Side trying to spin its web around him, to get him back. It latched onto him, trying to keep him in its grasp.

But he was Jedi Knight Erik Muir. One of the Light Side. Like a beacon of the Light side, he turned to the door as it opened. He saw his padawan. “Isaac, I…”

“You can apologize later fuzzball, lets go.” Aprrentice led Master out of the room and they both looked up and down the hallway. “So whats your plan.”

“I thought you were going to come up with that.”

“Hey, I had a hard enough time getting out of the chains while watching some black carpet turn to the Dark side ya know, cut me some slack.” Erik ignited his lightsaber blade.

“I tend to notice that making your own way out seems to be the best way.”

“Well then.”

“What the hell is going on here?” They turned to see Vale running down the hallway, her lightsaber ignited.

“This could be bad.”

“You kidding me?” Isaac twirled his borrowed lightsaber and angled it at Vale’s waist. “She’s got my lightsaber. I was looking for it.”

“She also happens to be a master of three forms and very proficient in the rest.”

“Those are just words. Doesn’t make any sense.”

“Muir!” They turned to the right now. Korensan was making his way down the hallway, his lightsaber out and ignited as well.

“So. Which one you want to take?”

“See, I want to take on the old chick, and she does have my lightsaber. But Korensan and I need to have a little chat.” Erik nodded and started off in Korensan’s direction. “That’s not fair, I didn’t get to chose!”

“Rhetorical question.” Then the two Dark siders were upon them.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:28 pm

Blades clashed in the spacious but now confining hallway. Red against red and blue against red. The combatants were fighting for nothing less than their lives, and they knew it. Erik immediately dropped into Soresu, his preferred and mastered style. Korensan knowing that Muir would do this was channeling both his human strength and his force strength into the kinetic explosiveness of his Djem So mixed with a limited amount of Ataro. The ceiling wasn’t too high for him to be able to leap without hitting the roof, or he would be dancing around Muir.

He’d increased in his proficiency with the lightsaber since he’d last met Erik. He was eager to show it off. His blade moved this way and that, searching for an opening in Erik’s Soresu defense. His attacks weren’t desperate yet, and he doubted they’d reach that stage. Desperation was exactly what Erik was going to drive him to. During the fight so far, Erik had only moved once, and even then his left foot had slid back only two inches. He spun the blade easily, with a practiced hand that had worked at mastering Soresu since he was a padawan.

The blue blade sparked as it connected with Korensan’s red saber. Vlan tried to slide his blade forward, but Erik merely smirked and flicked Korensan’s blade away. “You still have much to learn, Vlan. So much to learn.” His hand pushed out and amplified by the Force, his movement threw Korensan back. The red skinned alien charged him. The Bothan spun and used Force Push again. Korensan flipped through the air, dodging the attack and landing behind Erik. He stabbed behind him.

Cursing his foolishness, Erik blocked blindly. No, he blocked guided by the Force. His blue saber behind him, he held it and by extent Korensan’s blade through the Force as he turned, grasping the hilt once more. He twirled the blade, spinning fast. The sudden motion wrenched the blade out of Korensan’s grip. The hilt tumbled through the air, into Erik’s free hand. Korensan just smiled and nodded. Erik was confused but only for a second, as Korensan slammed into him with the Force amplifying his strength and his speed. Erik hit the ground and leapt to his feet, prepared to defend himself.

But Korensan was continuing to run. Self-preservation had taken over. Erik shook his head slowly and turned to see how his padawan was doing.

Isaac had reassessed what “She also happens to be a master of three forms and very proficient in the rest,” actually meant. If he had to say, Vale had Soresu mastered, along with Niman and Djem So. The mix of them made her very dangerous, just like Erik had promised.

Isaac had just smiled and continued to fight her. His Makashi wasn’t going to work here, he knew that. So he’d switched to Djem So. He’d just kept dropping blow after blow at her. He was counting on his youth and strength to beat her. Skill wise she easily eclipsed him. But what he hadn’t factored in was that her strength was of a warrior half her age.

Vale had kept him guessing. Her lightsaber had gotten past his defenses more times than he wanted to admit, and he’d fought her as best as he could. They’d spun, jumped and swiped countless times. Still he stood. She didn’t understand how. So she pressed onwards. She would not be defeated by a padawan that was over a third her age. She would not.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:17 pm

As much as he wanted to help his padawan, he knew he couldn’t. This was a test for Isaac, a test he would either pass or die trying. Erik simply watched, trying to calm and help his padawan through his presence alone. Isaac was holding up against the barrage by Vale, but at any moment, she could break past his defenses. They had been fighting for nearly five minutes and he was drenched in sweat. Her foot caught him in the chest, throwing him backwards.

She leapt up into the air and flipped over Erik, landing in front of Isaac. Her blade lowered quickly. He rolled out of the way and kicked up. They went back to testing each other’s defenses. She was surprised at how well he knew how to fight. But he had Erik Muir for a teacher so if he wasn’t were he was right now, she would have been disappointed.

“You’ve trained this one well, Erik.”

“I give you my thanks, Vale.”

“But not well enough.” Her blade become furious almost, moving so fast that Isaac could have sworn it disappeared. He danced back, trying to stay on the offensive while not getting himself killed. Bel’kaar managed to stop her sudden burst of energy and sprang forward, determined to finish her off now. He angled his blade to try to get inside her defenses, but her lightsaber was already moving, coming in to block. She fell for the trick. He spun, her blade trapped because it had to hold his blade. They were back to back.

Pulling his saber quickly, he turned with it. It sliced through her midsection. Her face bore shock and confusion. He extinguished the saber and looked up at Erik.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:41 am

“So. I think we should get the hell out of here, what do you think?”

“I concur.” Erik replied. They shared a laugh, staring at Vale’s dead two halves.

“So, what happened to your girlfriend?” Erik cuffed him. “Alright, lets get the hell out of here.” They began to move down the hallway, when Isaac pulled Erik aside. “What about all the talz? We need to do something about them, and the remaining Dark Jedi. I think there’s got to be another two of them.” Erik looked down at Derek’s lightsaber that once more was clipped to Isaac’s belt.

“You can handle them?”

“I think so.” Erik looked at him. Isaac nodded seriously.

“Go.” Isaac headed down one of the corridors while Erik headed down another.

Twenty minutes later, Erik had “persuaded” the soldiers that it would be in their best interest to leave. A simple mind trick had done the job, and they were already beginning to pack up. They were mercenaries and would easily find work elsewhere in the galaxy. He began to look around for his padawan. Where was he? Suddenly one of the walls of the compound exploded and somebody was thrown out of it. Nodding, Erik headed over. Isaac jumped after the person, who bore a red saber and looked like he was a dark jedi.

Red saber and red saber clashed. Isaac was growing into his use of Soresu and Djem So, Erik noted with satisfaction. Compared to Vale, these dark jedi were pathetic. They lacked Vale’s knowledge of the Force, which was in itself, huge but not that great. They definitely lacked Vale’s skill with a lightsaber. Erik watched Isaac’s blade move furiously. There was a loud boom, and he looked to the left, to see a Maruader-class Corvette begin its ascent to the sky.

“Isaac, hurry. We might be able to catch Korensan.” Isaac nodded, his blade embedded in the Dark Jedi’s chest. He slid it out, and the pair headed to a speeder. They were speeding furiously towards their ships.

By the time they reached them, Korensan had already jumped to lightspeed. Isaac hopped out and booted up his fighter. He had to give chase, but Erik was advising him otherwise. “Come, master.”

“Stop.” The single word stopped him.

“What?”

“It is not right for us to go after him now. The Force will guide us.”

“But master-“

“No, Isaac. Don’t you feel the tug of the Dark Side? Its calling to us, trying to get us to chase and let loose our emotions.”

“Master, he’s the one who was talking to me after…” Isaac stopped. “After Rayna died. He knows something.”

“I realize that. He’s a tricky foe, Korensan is. You’re not ready.”

“You keep saying that, all the time.”

“Because its true.”

“Whats so special about this Vlan Korensan anyway? I bet I could take him.” Isaac was warming up his fighter and was in his cockpit. Erik was in the Shan’tani, doing the same.

“I don’t think you could, not yet.”

“How do you know?” Frustration was beginning to creep into both of their voices.

“Because I trained him.” Isaac’s hands slowed over a gauge.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t hear that, over.”

“I said, I trained him, over” The Arkon began to rise, and the cockpit slowly lowered.

“Fill me on the way to our next random system.”

“Will do.”
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:08 am

Isaac was right. They were headed to some randomly picked planet. Kamino. Isaac had listened to Erik explain to him who Vlan Korensan really was. An apprentice of Erik’s, Korensan had learned much under the Bothan Jedi. He’d been declared a knight by, not the council, but Erik himself. It was one of the decisions that Erik had come to regret. Korensan had fallen to the Dark Side and had left his master. Erik still didn’t know why his padawan had fallen, for he’d done the best he could to train him. Muir had tried to track his padawan, but Korensan had somehow learned to mask his Force signature.

Over the year they’d met each other and each time Korensan had force Erik to fight him. They’d fought many times, each time Erik noted that Korensan’s skills had increased. What had scared him was the satisfaction. He had been Vlan’s teacher after all, and the teacher part of him smiled at the student’s learning. But the rest of him was sickened by the Dark Side’s twisting and manipulation of Korensan.

There was a message waiting for him from Tej but he didn’t open it. He wasn’t in the mood. The alarm rang and he threw the switch that dropped the Shan’tan out of hyperspace. He waited and a minute later, the Arkon arrived. They looked out at the watery world before them. Kamino, the planet of the cloners. Isaac pushed the nimble Eta-2 forward. He wasn’t sure why they’d come here, just as he was whenever they went anywhere, but he was learning to trust Erik and by extension the Force.

His whole life he’d never really trust anyone, and wasn’t sure he wanted to start now. But everytime the Force flowed through him, he surrendered a little more of himself to it, and was happy he was doing that. The Delaya-class Courier slid through space behind him. He knew that his master was watching him. Despite Erik’s attempts to convince himself, he was worried that Isaac was going down the same road as Korensan. He sensed the darkness in Bel’kaar and did his best to root it out and help Isaac become a true lightsider. A part of him reasoned that after all, there was a little darkness in everyone. Could he possibly illuminate all the darkened corners? But that was a cushion he tried to fall back on, as he wanted to go easy on Isaac. Bel’kaar was different than the other padawans Erik had taken on. Erik saw a lot of himself in the boy, though that was weird.

They’d had drastically different upbringings, and Isaac was, of course, unfurred. But there were still similarities and Isaac had bits of Derek in him as well. His brother had never been able to truly control his anger and rage, something that, in Erik’s mind had been his ultimate undoing, leading to his death. He looked at the console that bore the flashing icon. Tej would have to wait. Kamino called.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:26 pm

The two ships were cleared for landing on one of the bays. They slowly lowered and extended their landing gear. Isaac was out first, and started walking the long walkway. Erik came behind him. The doors opened and Isaac found himself looking up at a gangly alien. A Kaminoan. “Good day, visitors.” The two Jedi nodded at the Kaminoan. “If I may inquire, what is your business here? Do you wish to make a clone.” Erik shook his head slowly.

“We were called here, by the Force. To what end, I do not know.” The Kaminoan nodded. She knew what the Force was, and though she could not control it, she respected those who could and so did Kamino.

“You are free to roam the areas marked for visitors. We request that you curtail your curiosity to those areas please.” Erik nodded.

“But of course. I would like to inquire about quarters for my padawan and myself.” The female alien nodded. She bowed slightly, turning to show them a computer console. Erik gave thanks and made the appropriate requests. It only took a few moments for the request to be processed. A single passcard slid out of the slot. It bore the number of their room on it. The Kaminoan excused herself from them, and they were on their own.

“I’m hungry, and your high civilized language got me all confused and dizzy.” Isaac said. Erik grinned and clapped his padawan on the back.

“Lets find something to eat. You must learn to speak with class.” They started to walk down the long corridor. Ambling through at an easy pace, they talked about simple things, avoiding what problems each one thought they had. Isaac learned a few interesting things about his master’s family. Erik loved his family yes, but he didn’t trust them much. If he did, he wouldn’t be part of the family or a bothan. It was a paradox indeed.

They passed different people walking through the hallway, and Erik saw something that was familiar, but it was only a flash and he just figured his eyes were playing tricks on him. Shaking his head, they turned a corner, and found a cafeteria of sorts. “Whats the betting they just eat some kind of mush?”

“Mush can be nutritious under the right circumstances.” Erik said, Isaac just smirked in response. Master and padawan walked through the cafeteria, and found that there was other food than just mush. Satisfied, Isaac served himself. Erik looked to the left and could have sworn he felt that familiarity again. He left from the line and Isaac just shrugged. Smiling, he served Erik two bowls of mush.

“He loves it, you know.” He said to the cook. The guy just stared. Isaac stared back. Then he started walking. The trays lifted into the air by the force and followed him. The guy really stared now.

Erik meanwhile had walked towards a table where a group of humans sat eating. There was something about this one human. He was normal looking for his species, Erik decided. Nothing overly special. Then he saw it. The chain around his neck. Not even that. The pendant. It was a diamond encrusted D. Not that large, just like he remembered. He found that the occupants of the table had stopped talking and were looking at him.

“Can I help you?” The pendant wearing man asked, bluntly.

“If I may ask, where did you get that chain and the pendant?”

“No, you may not ask. It’s none of your business.”

“My apologies.” Erik left the table and saw his padawan. The silver hair and silver eyes was the giveaway. Isaac looked at his master.

“What happened?”

“Nothing.” Erik sat down across from him and spooned a mouthful of mush into his mouth, not even looking at what he was eating. He grimaced. “This is disgusting.”

Isaac just smiled.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:24 pm

Isaac and Erik ate in silence, Erik determined to finish his two bowls of mush and had told Isaac that his death would weigh on Bel’kaar’s mind for the rest of his life. Isaac hadn’t been so sure. They just sat there, eating. Erik had something on his mind and Isaac didn’t want to bother him that much, so he let him be. Bel’kaar excused himself once he’d completed his meal and went to walk the hallways. He’d been walking around aimlessly seeing the few sights of Kamino, when he spied Erik looking out a window. He came up to his master. “Mush good.”

“Yeah.” Isaac looked out the window with him. It was raining. He sighed.

“This has got to be the most depressing place ever created.”

“Yet it has its purposes. The most depressing place in the galaxy is where the greatest gift is created.” Isaac gave him a look that told him he knew nothing about what Erik was talking. “Cloning, Isaac. You heard the woman earlier. Ironic isn’t it?”

“Sure, I guess. This is too much rain. They should share with Tattooine.” Erik nodded chuckling lightly.

“Yes they should. And it has provided the perfect backdrop for us to step up your training.” He turned to Isaac. “What do you know about Jar’Kai?”

“Six letters with an apostrophe cutting them in half and there’s two ‘a’s.” Erik’s eyes narrowed. “You asked me what I knew about Jar’Kai, that’s what I know.”

“You could have just said you didn’t know anything.”
“But I’d be lying.” Erik sighed.

“Anyway, Jar’Kai is a lightsaber combat style in which the user wield’s two lightsabers. I figured that it would be smart to teach it to you since you have Derek’s lightsaber and Vale’s. Jar'kai allows a Jedi to fight with two lightsabers, one in each hand. This makes your defensive and offensive strategies vary and grow as one of the blades in the wielder's hands is used for attacking while the other one is used for defending, such as parrying, or for more offensive purposes. Many force users have trained to use this style in the hopes of gaining a basic knowledge of the dual-bladed attack, but very few ever totally master it. I have not, but I think you will be able to.” Isaac nodded and Erik pulled up a small hologram display. He pressed one of the side buttons and a huge grouping of circles and other shapes popped up. One was flashing on the right side, while on the left there was another one flashing. “We’re currently in the building on the right. I’m going to go to the one on the left and then I’ll comm you to come over. You’ll have only ten minutes to do it.” Erik tossed Isaac the holo display.

“But that’s easy. If I run it’ll only take me four, five minutes tops.” Erik grinned.
“Who said you were supposed to go through the insides of the buildings?” He tapped the transparisteel window. “You’re going over the roofs.” Isaac stared at the Bothan.
“That’s impossible.”
“Impossible? No, its not impossible. But if you think it is, maybe all this time we’ve spent has been wasted. Think about it. I’ll send you the comm message in a little while.” Erik left the room, and Isaac was left silent thinking. He was still standing there, near a port to get to the roof, when Erik’s comm message came. Isaac opened the port and started running.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:32 pm

Or he would have, had the rain and wind not buffeted him immensely. Isaac struggled forward, trying to break the pressure that nature threw at him. He used the Force to cut through the wind. The rain was coming at him horizontally, if that was possible. He was suddenly lifted up in the air and was thrown back. Reaching out, his hand grabbed a thin but strong metal pole. It wobbled back and forth with the stress that was being put on it. He looked back, and saw the violent waves of the water. Cursing Erik, he let himself sink to an extent, pulling the pole so that it was bent into a “U” shape, with his feet placed on the slightly bowl shaped roof. Dropping into the Force even more, he pushed off, using Force Jump. The energy stored in the pole was released along with him, and he was hurtled through the air.

He wasn’t aiming for any place in particular- other than water. Isaac somersaulted through the air, and slid head first over a water filled walkway. The water part of it saved him otherwise he would have gone head first into solid durasteel. He rose, robes fully soaked now. It was going to weigh him down, he knew. He kept running, boots making huge ripples in the water. He jumped and felt water moving off him, only to be replaced by the rain that was falling from the sky. He rolled on the top of the roof of the next building, and lifted up into the air.

Finding his footing, he started moving again. There was a bolt of lightning that moved down from the sky. This was one of those places that people just shouldn’t live in, he decided as he ran. He needed the Force just to keep his balance, the ground was so slippery. Suddenly, a droid bound on a delivery popped up in front of him from a hatch. He collided with the droid and started sliding down the curved roof. It was completely smooth and there was nothing for him to use as a handgrip. The droid continued on its path, oblivious that it was about to cause the death of the Arkanian.

Isaac’s hands were frantic trying to find a grasp. Nothing. His body slid this way and that as the water made him go faster and faster. His silver eyes were the only thing visible against the blue background of the metal, water, and darkness. He fell off the roof with a yell.

Everything slowed, just before the plunge into the water. It was freezing just like the rain was, but this was different. The rain was pelting, bullet like. This was a permeating feel, like it had infiltrated the very marrow of his bone, chilling it. He didn’t have a real fear of the water, but this was dark and he was only ten meters down tops. He couldn’t see anything really and he didn’t know what direction to go to get back to the city.

By his estimates he’d used up about two minutes so far. That meant he had eight minutes to finish the objective. He started swimming. Isaac moved through the water as quickly as he could, but he could feel himself slowing with each stroke as the coldness battled him. He tried to push himself further throw the Force but he knew that in the end the water was going to claim him. It made his movements more frantic, which in turn, only made the outcome even more inevitable. He saw rows of bright lights and smiled. Was it a boat? Maybe. He changed directions towards it. His lungs were beginning to burn from the lack of oxygen, and his muscles ached.

His eyes went wide as he saw the adolescent colo claw fish coming straight for him. He hadn’t even noticed the pressure that his body was going under, he’d been so deep in the Force. He tried to turn, but it was as though he was frozen. The fish was coming up at him. At least he’d be joining Rayna soon. But he didn’t. The fish’s jaws shot past him, closing on a smaller predator that had been coming up behind Isaac. The fish had inadvertently saved his life.

Isaac had taken enough. He headed upwards as fast as possible, not looking back. He could feel the Colo turning now, having dealt with Isaac’s problem, he’d decided to take his payment from Isaac, namely, the twenty year old’s life. His hands pulled him through the water and he thought he could see the lights of the city. The colo’s jaws were right behind his feet, snapping at him. The surface was too far and he was beginning to get the bends, he thought. His mind started to cloud, and blackness, far darker than the water began to creep into his vision.

He moved up through the water and into the air. He took his first breath, amazed that the Force had kept him alive that long. He saw Erik, lounging comfortably in front of the Shan’tani. Isaac’s lightsabers found his hands and the red blades ignited, blood red against a near black sky.

Erik turned suddenly, as the Arkanian landed on the platform. The metal tiles that he was on bent with the power behind it. Muir was proud. Isaac was beginning to unlock his full potential. He had to keep him away from Korensan. But that was the last thing he thought, as his blue saber was out, and he dropped into Soresu to defend from the attacks that Isaac was raining on him. He saw that Isaac was fully immersed in the Force. His breath was ragged and he was soaked completely. Somewhere along the way, he’d lost his brown outer robe.

Isaac spun, his blade coming in low, just below Erik’s knees, forcing him to jump in the air. He somersaulted over his padawan and landed, blade in the air. He turned, while controlling it through the Force. His padawan had the edge now. The probably near death experience he’d felt was pumping adrenaldine through his body, fueling him and his connection to the Force. He could feel the heat through the cold and water. But his padawan was burning his Force reserves at a furious rate. This wouldn’t hold out. Erik was pacing himself well, and had obviously not gone through the same thing that Isaac had. He spun the blade over his hand, stopping each attack that Isaac threw at him.

Isaac kept coming, relentless. He was combining the kinetic energy of Djem So with the stabs and lunges of Makashi. At this point he wasn’t even thinking of Jar’kai. He wanted to rest, but something kept him going. It was as though Erik, in his mind, was the claw fish. He kept swing, coming in at different angles, forcing his master back until Erik was able to turn and direction shifted once more.

He felt fatigue coming on, and this was real fatigue, something that was going to slow him down. He caught Erik’s blade in between his own and pulling Erik forward, lifted upwards. His feet hit his master’s chest, pushing the Bothan back and throwing the blade up into the air. The blue blade died, and the hilt dropped into Isaac’s hand. Vale’s saber which had previously occupied that hand was already on his waist.

“Enough.” Erik said. Isaac stared at him and then collapsed to his knees and stayed like that for a few seconds before his chest sagged forward, and he went face first into the wet landing. Erik stepped forward. Maybe it had been too soon to put this test before his padawan. Time would tell. He got his saber, before lifting his padawan and carrying him to his quarters. It was only then that he noticed how cold his padawan was. What the hell had happened down there?
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:01 am

Isaac had progressed further into Jar’kai, learning the different stances and moves. He had a ways to go, but he’d already been able to get past Erik’s defenses three times. Agreed, the Bothan Jedi hadn’t really been trying, but it was a still a feat. Erik was distracted. From time to time he felt that sense of familiarity pass by him and he couldn’t concentrate. Finally he’d left Isaac with the dueling droids, sure that the droids would be able to fully test Isaac’s budding skills in Jar’kai.

As for himself, he started walking through the hallways of the city. He finally saw who he was looking for, using the Force to guide him in his search. There was the man and he had the pendant and chain around his neck as before. Erik started towards him, but the man saw him and started to back up.

“Excuse me. We meet again.”

“Yeah.”

“May I inquire now concerning your chain and pendant?”

“No.” Erik watched as a blaster slid up out of a holster and smiled. The safety came off.

“That’s really not necessary. And its impossible.” He opened his fist, and the man stared down at the powerpack that should have been in his blaster.

“You’re a…”

“Indeed.” The Bothan grinned, reminded by what Isaac said about what his grin’s really looked like to humans. The man backed up a step further. “So I don’t fear that action of yours.” He tossed the powerpack back to the man. “Now, to my question?”

“Sure. I got it from a friend.”

“Where did he get it from?”

“A farmer.”

“A farmer?” Erik was sure that there was no way for a farmer to be here on a completely water covered world or to come here, unless the man meant hydropondics.

“A farmer,” The man repeated. “You know…a dead guy.”

“Ah. So your friend stole it from a dead man?”

“Well no.” Erik held his hand out and the man just nodded and took it off and handed it to Erik. As the Bothan’s hand clasped the white gold, he felt a jolt through the Force. Of course. Why hadn’t he sensed it before? Why hadn’t he recognized it before? It was Derek’s chain, his brother’s. But Derek had died on Ossus, not Kamino. Then something that had been said to both his padawan and him hit him straight on. “If I may inquire, what is your business here? Do you wish to make a clone. Derek cloned? Impossible, he would have felt it. But as he stood there thinking, he remembered that he hadn’t been able to pin the pendant to Derek through the Force, nor had he even been able to remember that it had been Derek’s without the Force. It was as though he’d placed mental blocks over the information.

“The dead man, who was he?”

“I dunno. He was a Bothan like you.” Erik nodded, his suspicions confirmed. Derek had been taken from Ossus and cloned here on Kamino. But by who, and more importantly, to what end? It wasn’t making sense. But he had to tell the rest of the family.

Ten minutes later he was brushing past Isaac’s greeting and headed straight to his comm. center. He was about to send a message to Tej when he saw the flashing beacon and remembered that Tej had sent him a message a day earlier. He highlighted the message and sat back as the words appeared on his screen. Derek alive.

“What’s going on?” Isaac said coming behind him.

“My brother’s alive.”
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:45 pm

OOC: Not much, but I wanted to get it up.

IC:
Isaac hefted the cylinder that was in his hand. Derek’s lightsaber. He knew that a Jedi’s lightsaber was like his life. Wouldn’t Derek want his back? Erik didn’t say anything, just sitting there. Isaac coughed slightly. “So should we send his lightsaber back or something?”

“He’s not Derek. At least, not the Derek who wielded that lightsaber. Its not his. It belonged to the old Derek.”

“Kinda harsh, don’t you think?”

“No, not really. I’m just stating the truth. Whoever ‘Derek’ is now, he’s not the same person as before.” Isaac just nodded, not fully sure he understood everything his master was saying. “Whatever the case may be, our work here is done. The Force brought us to Kamino so we would find out that Derek was alive. Armed now with that information, we are changed and go forth to help more people.”

“Random again?”

“Not this time.” He replied. He turned to look at his padawan. The Bothan smirked. “We’re going to Misery.” Isaac almost laughed.

“Yes, indeed we are. Seriously, where are we going?” Now it was Erik’s time to laugh.

“Misery. It’s a system in the Ogriand Sector.” Isaac nodded.

“Can I rename it?”

“No.”

“But you like own it.”

“No, you can’t rename it.”

“Please?”

“Isaac, back to Jar’kai.” The padawan nodded.

“I’m naming it Bel-land.” He added on his way out.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:50 pm

The first thing that Isaac learned of Misery was that it was cold. Colder than Alzoc III if that was possible. He already had words to speak with Erik about his master’s choice of planets and the Force’s will in all of this. But he bit his tongue realizing that speaking would release heat, heat that he needed desperately. Isaac walked through the snow of Misery towards the large building before them. It was the main building of the largest Muir base on the planet. Apparently, there had been some disturbances, and Tej had asked for Erik to help investigate them. Erik had agreed, and here they were now.

He hadn’t heard much, but the word Feraldra had been passed around. Isaac had taken it upon himself, with T.38’s help to hack into the Muir database to get what information he could about the word. T.38’s built in Naboo enhancements made him very handy in a pinch or when one’s master wouldn’t tell you anything.

What he’d found out about this space phenomenon hadn’t scared him. In fact, there wasn’t anything dangerous, at least from what the reports said. Which made him wonder as to exactly what was so special about this phenomenon that had been kept out of the reports. That was why he stood now outside the main building of the base. Inside was Erik meeting with the base commander. He was supposed to come to the meeting. The door was opened and he came in, along with the snow and cold. Erik nodded at him, as did the base commander.

Everyone was hovered around a display and he walked towards it. It showed the current information of the Feraldra based on the instruments that the military had dropped into the cloud. From the information given, it looked as though things were getting worse. He finished looking over the display and then turned to the lead SpecOps man at the table, as did Erik.

“It looks bad.” The man said. Isaac had read up on the man. Kherise Ritrer, Lieutenant in the SpecOps. He was a career military man, and he had been labeled as one of the future Colonels of the SpecOps. Whatever Ritrer said Isaac knew that he should listen. When they went and entered the Feraldra as it looked like they would, everything he said would be essential.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:22 pm

The two small Lambda-class Shuttles moved through space. Isaac looked out the viewport of the cockpit at the display before him. Light of an orange rust color flitted through space, and it made him think of a swirling pool of liquid, that contained different colored dyes within. He saw a few of the instruments used to maintain the readings on the Feraldra. He turned to Erik.

“This should be fun.” The Bothan nodded, smiling. “You’re looking forward to it, aren’t you?” The Jedi Master nodded again.

“Dangerous mission, bad odds, little chance of success. What’s not to like?” He said, grinning.

“How many times have I told you, when you grin you look like you’re going to eat a baby.” Erik smirked.

“How many times have I told you, your lack of fur makes you look weird, and in the case of Alzoc III and Misery makes you susceptible to the cold?”

“At least after it rains I don’t have to be wrung and hung out to dry.” Isaac said grinning. The SpecOps soldiers in the cockpit with them were chuckling to themselves, clearly enjoying the barbs being thrown between master and padawan.

“It’s a good thing people say I take after Master Kenobi.” Erik said. Isaac nodded.

“Its true you do, though I must say I see the Yoda in you.” Isaac said, referencing the difference in height between the two of them.

“But you’re the one who’s green with envy at my skills.”

“That’s why I apprenticed myself to the best.”

“And don’t you forget it.” The two were smiling at each other at this point.

“Commander Muir,” Ritrer said, coming over the comm. unit. “We’re about to enter the Feraldra. Brace yourselves. We’ve never actually been into the Feraldra before.”

“Don’t worry, Lieutenant, we’re ready.” Erik said, before the channel was cut. The shuttle they were in accelerated, and they saw the shuttle that Ritrer was in move past them and then in front of them. Isaac swallowed and closed his eyes, prepared for the worst.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:25 pm

It happened too quickly for any of them to react. One second they were flying through space normally, and the next they were hurtling at a huge speed unsure of anything including what their eyes told them. Colors flashed around them, blinding and dazzling. A myriad of light, designed to mesmerize. They were stunned by it and almost didn’t notice the dampeners being unable to compensate for the force being exerted upon them. But amazingly, their ship wasn’t being damaged or broken up. It was as though they were frozen in time.

Then it was over. The people in the cockpit looked around, unable to vocalize their thoughts, which were for the most part rather scrambled. They looked at each other next, and then outside.

“Are we…are we inside the Feraldra?”

“Yes. That was the objective, was it not?”

“Then what the hell is that?” The pilot said, pointing outwards. Erik and Isaac followed his direction. There was a huge ship, easily twice the width of an Imperial-class Star Destroyer hanging in space, and looming ever closer. “The Feraldra is big, but even it wouldn’t be able to hide a ship like that.” He was right. If the width was over twice that of an ISD, then the length was four times the famed and feared Star Destroyer design. It was close to the size of some of the larger Star Destroyers used by the Empire. Its design was one that Erik had never seen before in his life. He stood looking at the sleek lines of the ship. It appeared to be made of a glowing chrome, not as bright as the kind used on the vessels of Naboo, but similar. Blue lines were all over the ship each taking their turn to glow. He didn’t see any weapons emplacements, but that didn’t mean that they weren’t there, or hidden by hatchways.

“Should we move in for a closer look, Commander?” The other pilot respectively asked Erik.

“Where is Lieutenant Ritrer?” He said.

“I’ll try to pick up his ship on the sensors.” The pilot responded, and moved over the keys and controls of the ship that they themselves were in. “I’ve located the ship. It doesn’t seem to be doing so well, sir. It’s damaged, not badly, but enough to take away their ability to move under their own power. Sir, I think the unknown vessel is attempting to get a tractor lock on it.” Erik frowned. He didn’t want to cause any diplomatic problems, or to insult people he didn’t know, but the lives of the men and women onboard that shuttle were in his care.

“Set a course for the shuttle, and get us there quickly, Pilot.” Erik said, sitting back down next to Isaac. He turned to his padawan. This would be a good test for Isaac. “Isaac, tell me what you sense about the ship before us?”

Isaac concentrated for a moment, moving through the Force towards the people onboard the ship. He sensed coldness, detachment from the space around them. It was though the people on their couldn’t care about anything around them. There wasn’t much around them, yes, but still, it was as though they’d been here forever and knew everything about this place and so they cared little for it. Apathy was it? Isaac didn’t know, but as the ship got closer and closer, he knew he was going to find out.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:46 pm

Isaac looked out at the inside of the docking bay that they were in. it looked uniquely alien and he wasn’t surprised. So far everything they’d seen about these people was alien. He looked at his master who was concentrating on his surroundings, trying to get a feel for the people who inhabited the ship. Isaac then looked at the SpecOps who were with them. They were unsure of their surroundings just like the two Jedi, but they had come prepared, with their gauss rifles and armor. They had been tractored in like Ritrer’s shuttle had been, but were in a different bay that the Lieutenant’s. Then a door opened.

A huge alien stepped into their midst. He had to be nearly three meters tall, and suddenly the larger docking bay made sense. Three more came behind him. There was a fourth, who wore a different set of armor from them, and carried no weapons overtly. He smiled at them, and Isaac got a sense of peace emanating from him, a sense of peace, but also a raw power that could be tapped into easily. He’s a telepath. They all are. Isaac noted the information and wondered if he should tell his master. If he spoke, they would know. If he tried to send it through the Force, they would probably know. Hell, they probably knew that he was deliberating over telling his master.

“Jedi. Muir. Welcome. I am Moki.” The lead alien said. His grayish blue skin shone with a luminescence not unlike the light that they’d seen when they first came through the Ferarldra. “Come with me, please. Your friend sustained some injuries during your journey and he’s being treated in our medical bay.” He turned and started walking, along with the other three aliens. As the Muir started to follow, Isaac turned to his master.

“I know. Telepaths. I also sense a strong presence in the art of telekinesis.” Erik said. Isaac just nodded.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ritrer was floating in a tube of some liquid. It wasn’t bacta, that much Erik could tell. There were a few droids milling around the medical bay, working different machines and checking up on figures. The Lieutenant was the only injured person in the medical bay, and Isaac smirked thinking about how the short Ritrer was going to be even more uncomfortable sleeping on a bed that was extra long.

“The humor of the situation is apparent, Padawan Bel’kaar.” Isaac turned to the lead alien, Moki.

“Uh, yeah, I guess.” Erik looked up from the ground.

“What?”

“Your padawan, Master Muir was thinking about the humor of Lieutenant Ritrer having to sleep in one of our beds, already longer than your norm when he himself is below the average height for your species.” Erik smirked.

“True. Moki, perhaps you could tell us a bit about yourself? Who you all are, what this ship is doing here, your intentions here?”

“Indeed, it is that time. The Lieutenant’s treatment should take a few hours, that should give us enough time.” He motioned for them to sit before beginning his answer to Muir’s questions.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:05 pm

The alien finished his story. Both Jedi just stared for a few moments. Isaac remembered to close his mouth, and then was reminded that he had to breathe. He looked at the Bahkran, as he called himself, before him in amazement. “So where is your homeworld then?” He asked. The alien smiled.

“If I told you, then how would it be a secret?”

“True.”

“So this sect that splintered away, they are still at large in the galaxy?” Erik asked. The Bahkran nodded.

“Yes. We cannot return to our homeworld until they are brought back to the fold through any means necessary.” Erik frowned.

“That doesn’t explain why you are here, why you haven’t left after a month of being here, and most importantly, how you’re creating the effects we’ve come to call the Feraldra.”

“Indeed, Jedi Muir.” Moki rose and started to pace lightly. “It was a simple mistake. They managed to disable our faster than light unit in our last conflict, and they damaged it beyond repair. Our faster than light unit uses a technology that you have never seen or dealt with before. It has been leaking into space, thus creating what you see. The liquid turns to vapor without oxygen, and thus you have your visual effect.”

“As to the physical effect?”

“The Bahkran as a people are telepathic and telekinetic. Our minds have the ability to plot out points instantly, like a chart. What the liquid does, is allow us to channel our collective telepathic strength into the faster than light unit, and thus achieve the speed required to make the jump. The liquid interfaces with the equipment of ships, creating the ability for our thoughts to control the equipment. So the vapor is trying to take control of the ships that it comes into contact with. ”

“I see. Using this liquid means you don’t require a navicomputer.”

“Exactly. Thus, our homeworld’s location can remain a secret.” Isaac nodded.

“So how can we help?”

“I’m not too sure. We would need the leak patched, which we’re working on, and then we’d need more of our liquid, called Asvren. I don’t know how you would be able to synthesize it. The three main ingredients, they are very rare.” The three men sat in silence, thinking amongst themselves. The doctor came towards them, invading the silence a few minutes later.

“Lieutenant Ritrer is ready for visitors.” The three rose and headed into his room.

OOC: Definitely not inspired, but had to move it along.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:29 pm

“Could you possibly find materials that could be put together to form your chemical requirement?” Erik asked. They’d finished visiting Ritrer, who’d assured them that all this was unnecessary. Now they were on the bridge of the huge ship. Isaac was taking it all in, trying to understand the different systems the aliens used. Moki turned to Erik.

“Well, Asvren requires certain materials to be assembled. I guess we could actively search for it, however, we would need the Asvren that’s already been leaked out to be moved aside. We would be blinded by the Asvren that surrounds the ship.” Erik nodded.

“That would make sense.” He looked at Isaac. “How can we help?”

“Your Eldar.”

“Excuse me?”

“The Eldar, who swore fealty to Tej Muir.”

“Yes, but what about them?”

“They can control deoxygenized Asvren.”

“But who?”

“You remember the servant race that I told you off? The race that willingly enslaved themselves to us and then after we offered them freedom years later, took it, saying that their role in our history and future was complete?”

“Yes. That race was the Eldar?”

“Indeed. They left our space and headed for the Ogriand Sector. Their name was different then, but they changed it to fit in with their surroundings, so that anyone who came across them would not know that they were not truly from there.” Isaac and Erik had never heard this before and doubted that anyone within the House had either. They put the call through.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:26 pm

When word got to the Eldar that the Bahkran needed their assistance, only the finest of their men and women were sent. The transports arrived less than a day after the message was sent out. They arrived with little fanfare, as Isaac soon found out that the Eldar were a serious people who rarely joked. The Eldar set to work and Erik realized how even though he’d been mastering the Force since his birth, he truly knew little of it.

The Eldar’s control over the Feraldra was astounding. They had begun to move it and slowly Erik and Isaac were able to see the large planet of Misery. As they continued to watch, the rest of the visible stars made themselves known. They turned to Moki who stood with a smile on his face.

“The Eldar always were able to help fix much in our civilization.” He said simply. The two Jedi nodded and looked back to the work that the Eldar were doing. Soon, they had contained what was known as the Feraldra into a small area. As the vapors could and if left unattended would expand outwards, some Eldar would stay on ships surrounding the ball of color to make sure that it stayed in one place.

Now the Bahkran could search for the materials needed to put together Asvren. Once Erik and Isaac had gotten the raw materials, they would synthesize them and get the Asvren. Problem solved and they’d be able to go to another random planet. After a good half an hour of waiting, Moki turned to Isaac and Erik.

“We have your destinations.” The two Jedi nodded. Isaac was personally glad. He'd been getting tired of waiting around and watching the rest of the Bahkran at work. At least now he had something to do and could be active.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:23 pm

“At least now I know the purpose of going to these random planets.” Isaac said, from his seat onboard the Shan’tani. They’d decided to just take Erik’s ship only for the journey.

“But they’re not random really.” Erik said, as the lights of hyperspace blurred past them. “How can it be random, when they’ve already been selected for us, for a particular purpose and reason?” Isaac didn’t like his recurring joke being bashed.

“Well…you could say that the order in which we go to them is random.”

“True, but that doesn’t make them random planets. Your comment is based on how the Force chooses them, not the order in which we go to them.”

“I think some of your fur is getting into your mouth.” Isaac said and rose to head to the fresher. Erik grinned. Isaac spoke with his back to his master. “Stop scaring the children, master.” Erik grinned wider.

The hyperspace trip to the next random planet, or not random planet, however you wanted to look at it was short and sweet. Isaac was able to take a decent nap before the alarm rang to tell them that reversion was imminent. He headed out into the cockpit and looked around, wiping sleep sand from his eyes. He looked at the planet before them. “Where exactly are we?”

“Myojin. Interesting that the first place we had to go to was under Muir control already.”

“What, did you guys take random planets all over the galaxy or something.”

“Not random planets. Stepping stones to taking over the galaxy.”

“At least the galaxy knows how to stop you, unlike with the Xen’chi.”

“And that would be?”

“Start a fad for natural fur coats.” He ducked the punch to his shoulder.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:22 pm

After many trips to many random planets, the two Jedi had accumulated all of the raw materials that went into “”. They watched, onboard the Bahkran vessel, as pots of the ingredients were arranged in rows. Bahkran priests or shamans had filed into the large chamber, to prepare for the ceremony. Erik had seen different culture’s religious ceremonies during his life. This was no different. Yet there was something unique about it. He was tolerant of almost all practices and religions and beliefs, and he found himself wondering more and more about these people’s beliefs and religion. It wasn’t that it wasn’t that they seemed right or anything like that, it was just that they were so arcane and old.

He leaned against a wall watching, as Isaac paced. His padawan’s patience had been growing short these past few weeks, and Erik had figured early on that something was eating him. His hand crept upwards to the necklace he wore. He fingered the pendant there before turning to his padawan and speaking. “What’s the matter, Isaac, you seem troubled.”

“No trouble, Master, I’m just full of uncertainty.”

“Over what, might I ask?”

“I’ve been doing some thinking.”

“That much is obvious.” Isaac scowled as his master’s comments brought his head up.

“Myojin, you said some time back that it had something to do with that Infinite Rage thing that Derek was always looking for.” His master’s features tightened. He was treading on dangerous ground, Isaac knew. But he continued anyway. “The more I think about this Sith that Derek fought over and over, the more I think of Hauc.” There it was out.

“This is a coincidence that I myself had thought of before.” Erik said, looking at the Bahkran who were preparing their ritual further. “I wouldn’t rule it out, but I can’t say that it’s a guaranteed truth.”

“Finding your former padawan, Korensan, that might give us answers to a great many questions. Derek’s death, Vale, my parents.” Erik nodded slowly.

“It would. I think we shall go and find Vlan once the Bahkran have completed their task. Our work here will be done and then-” His words were cut short as warning klaxons went off suddenly. The Bahkran preparing the ritual calmly continued what they were doing, but the rest of the crewmembers began to run out of the room. They grabbed a passerby and asked him what was going on.

“Unknown ships have arrived in system and aren’t answering Muir or Bahkran hails.” Erik and Isaac headed to hangar bay.

“Why didn’t we feel them through the Force?”

“I don’t know,” Erik replied. “I don’t know.”
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:13 pm

Isaac and Eric were headed towards the hangar when a Muir vessel exploded. The two of them kept running, seeing the explosions through the viewports. They’d reached the shuttle when they were denied clearance to leave. The Bahkran argument was that the shuttle was too weakly shielded and armed. The Jedi simply wouldn’t survive. Isaac bypassed this by jumping into a Bahkran fighter. Though designed for a much larger creature, he was still able to reach all the controls. He stroked one of the panels and reached through the Force.

Flashes of memories shot through him. Snippets of information. He saw huge fingers move over the controls and begin memorizing as quickly as he could. Then he turned to Eric. “Get in.” His master didn’t need to be told twice. Seated in the gunner position, Eric watched as Isaac flicked a few switches and the white armored fighter roared to life. Blue flame erupted from the engines. They lifted upwards. The flight controller cleared them this time. As the fighter left the hangar, they saw the main guns of the Bahkran vessel fire. Blue and white streams of energy launched out towards a ship roughly a thousand meters smaller than the Bahrakn vessel.

Another Muir support ship exploded. Isaac switched to the taccom. “We need to take out the bombers.” A response was quick.

“The enemy fighters will kill us.” Isaac nodded.

“Give me a squadron to take out the bombers. The rest of you deal with the fighters.”

“I don’t know how to shoot.” Eric said.

“A little busy here, master.” Isaac replied, weaving around a Bahkran fighter formation. He gritted his teeth as he inverted the ship. The controls responded to Bahkran level strength, which he didn’t have. “Sticks infront of you, red buttons for lasers, switches for missiles, screen for target and lock on.” He said.

“Oh. Why didn’t you mention that before?” Eric said. Isaac rolled his eyes. Suddenly the quad ball turret in the nose of the fighter came alive. Blue lasers were spat out, splashing on the shields of an enemy fighter, before breaking through. The fighter exploded. “Find me the bombers.”

The Muir ground cannons weren’t in range. The capital ships were small, but were pouring turbolaser and ion fire into the huge enemy ship. The bombers were conducting runs on the Muir ships, while the guns of the enemy ship were solely oriented on the Bahkran ship. Isaac could see the shields of the Bahkran ship were beginning to lag. Eric took out another bomber and turned to take out his fifth one, the rest of the squadron doing the same.

There were two more of the same size as the first ship they were going to have to deal with.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:47 pm

Isaac weaved around a large weapons emplacement that was pulsating out short beams of energy. A few of the enemy fighters that trailed him weren't fast enough and were vaporized. Erik kept the firing studs depressed, pouring laser fire into the shields. The damage was incredibly small, but combined with the Bahkran guns, it'd help.

"Master, I think we should get onboard one of the enemy ships."

"We're quite fine here, thank you."

"But you can smile at them and scare them to bits." Erik grumbled something about a lack of respect, but his words were swallowed up as the gunship's shields crackled. A trio of enemy fighters had oriented on them. "Hold on master." Isaac said and threw the ship into a complicated manuver. He'd noticed that the fighter their foes used were slow, but could turn on a dime. He'd need speed to ensure his and Erik's survival.

The gunship went through a barrel roll, shifting left and right. Compensators kicked in to keep Isaac and Erik sane. The enemy fighters followed, not utilizing a barrel roll however. They were in between two support ships that were trading laser fire. Isaac suddenly dove right, under the enemy support ship. The fighters turned as well, trying to hit the gunship. Isaac quit the roll and yanked upwards. The ship was fast enough to loop around the support ship. The other pilots, having mirrored Isaac's moves for so long as well as being addled by the Force, played copycat. Their lack of speed pulled them into the side of the small sixty meter support ship. A hole was blown open and the support ship was taken out.

"Now, let's find an enemy ship to take over."

"Oh alright." Isaac smiled at Erik's disinterested tone.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:05 pm

The second largest of the enemy ships was what Isaac had in mind. Since they’d started the battle, he’d been tracking the number of lifeforms on each ship. None of the enemy ships had a large number of people on them, but this one in particular had the fewest. He didn’t know why, but then again, he figured once they crash landed and killed a few, they could ask some questions. The gunship weaved through slackening enemy fire towards the hangar of the large ship. He reached through the Force and made a pathway through the shields, so that the ship could move through. This wasn’t hard, considering the brutal pounding that the shields were taking.

“Master, I need you to signal the Bahkrans and tell them to ease their attack on this battle cruiser here.”

“I’ll try, but they’re not responsive to requests.”

“Then put more emphasis in it.” Amazed that his padawan hadn’t managed to make a Bothan joke, Erik did as his padawan instructed. He knew better than to question someone this deep in the Force. The fact that his padawan was doing it so well was something he’d ponder on later. He relayed the request, and put some “emphasis” in it. As a result the energy slamming into the ship lessened to a trickle, just as they slid past the shields and into the hangar.

There were no ships in the hangar, nothing at all. That wasn’t a surprise, as all of the fighters and support vessels would be out in space, fighting. They landed and opened the doors, exiting the vehicle as soldiers entered the hangar. Erik looked up and frowned.

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Isaac's eyes followed.

"You're telling me."
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Three bolts flew through the air. Erik looked on with pride as his padawan deflected them, sending one back towards the group of soldiers. They were huge, Bahkran size, but appeared slightly different. Erik rose into the air and white blaster shots followed him. They flew past hitting the ceiling and Erik landed amongst the soldiers, small compared to them. He swung his lightsaber here and there, slicing through armor and flesh. A few moments later, there was only one soldier remaining, clutching his cauterized stump of an arm.

“Where’s the control room?” Erik asked politely.

“Elevator has it marked.”

“Thank you.” The two Jedi headed towards the turbolift. As they were walking, the soldier grabbed a carbine by his head and squeezed off a shot. Isaac’s blade shot out, sending the bolt back to drill in the man’s chest.

The turbolift doors closed and they were headed upwards. “Your soresu is improving.”

“Thanks.” Isaac said in reply. The lift doors opened a moment later. The bridge was devoid of life, except for three. Everything was automated. The middle was giving the orders, in charge of the ship. They moved quickly. The one in charge looked down at the two lightsabers sticking out of the chests of his two comrades. He turned and faced Erik and Isaac.

“We’re taking the ship.” Isaac said matter of factly.

“The voice recognition won’t-“

“Let me worry about that. You just sit down.” Isaac stepped over to a console and touched it, reaching through the Force. He saw before his eyes the past of the ship, the past battles it had been in and the systems it had traveled to. He went into the software and hardware of the ship manipulating the code like it was clay.

He opened his eyes and let a breath out. It was still taxing to do that, even though it had come to him naturally. All the times he’d done it previously, it had been small things. But basically hotwiring a ship a few thousand times bigger than him? That was something else entirely. He was in control now. “Cease firing. Target nearest friendly cruiser.” Suddenly the streams of white energy slowed and then stopped. On the screen a target appeared. “Open fire.” The heavy plasma cannons opened up, firing beams of energy at the much smaller cruiser.

“But how?” Was all the captain could ask before Erik knocked him out.

“Let’s figure out how to win this battle.” Erik said and Isaac nodded.
#Valkob

* b l o o p *

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:47 pm

The battle was over. Isaac and Erik watched from the bridge of the remaining battlecruiser as the remaining enemy forces were routed. Those that weren't destroyed escaped in a single group through a quick hyperspace jump. Isaac and Erik were shuttled back to the main Bahkran vessel as the battlecruiser they were on was going to be destroyed.

The two men stood in the hangars of the Bahkran vessel. The leaders of the ship stood with them and Moki. "We must thank you and the rest of the Muir for your help." Moki said.

"We just happened to be here. You could have been in limbo in any system." Erik said.

"True." But thank you all the same."

"Do you require any further assisstance to be on your way?"

"No, I believe we have everything under control."

"Then we will take our leave of you." Erik said.

"But of course. We will always remember the Muir." Moki said. Erik and Isaac bowed to the Bahkran leaders and then headed to the Muir transport.

"Another random system, Master?"

"Yep."

A week later, the two of them were headed to Theracraya, a small system out in the Unknown Regions. Erik gave no reasoning as to why they were going, but Isaac was beginning to understand Erik's connection to the Force and how it worked through him. So he remained silent during their journey to Theracraya.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:05 am

Erik smiled when they arrived in the Theracraya system. His fingers went to the necklace he'd started wearing again only a few days before. It was made up by a leather string and there was half of a blue crystal as the pendant. Isaac hadn't asked him about it, and Erik hadn't volunteered any information on the subject. They sat in the cockpit of the Shan'tani and looked out over the system.

There was wreckage in different places, and a destroyed station in orbit. Parts of it surrounded the main station. The planet itself seemed pristine, but Isaac could sense death and pain everywhere. "What happened here?"

"I don't know." Erik said, the smile gone. "But we will find out." He pushed the ship forward and towards the planet. Their comm unit crackled and then a voice was heard.

"This is Lieutenant Destry, you've entered Theracraya space. Identify yourselves and your cargo." Their sensors picked up the Z-95 Headhunter and the two Y-wings that accompanied it coming towards them.

"I am Erik Muir and my co-pilot Isaac Bel'kaar. We're just traveling through, looking for a place to stop." He could hear the scorn and disbelief in Destry's voice when he responded.

"Theracraya isn't one of the Core Worlds or anything. I doubt that you're just passing through. We haven't detected anything in your hold that's illegal. I'm going to okay you to land on the planet." Information was transmitted, a flight plan and a docking bay in one of the spaceports planetside.

"What happened here?"

"What do you mean?"

"The space station...the wreckage..."

"Of course you wouldn't know. Ask someone when you get planetside. I have things to do. Destry out."

"He was rather rude." Isaac said, when the comm was cut.

"Yes, but I figure I touched a nerve." The Shan'tani's engines roared as the ship moved forward through the atmosphere.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 am

The Shan'tani touched down in the spaceport as a few people entered the docking bay. It was a large docking bay, but they had the whole place to themselves. Whatever amount of traffic the people were used to, it had slowed to less than a trickle. Erik and Isaac disembarked from the Delaya-class Courier, coming to stop in front of the few people who had entered. They looked rather important and bowed their greetings to the two Jedi.

"Its not everyday that Jedi Knights come to our system." It looks like its not everyday that anyone comes to your system Isaac thought, but he didn't voice the opinion. The speaker was the middle of the three, a middle aged man wearing a black cloak and pants combination. Erik nodded at him.

"My name is Erik Muir, and this is my padawan, Isaac Bel'kaar. We were brought here by the Force."

"Not by the Jedi Council?"

"No."

"Well, you're free to stay as long as you like. I lead the council here and these two on my sides are councilmembers as well." From the sound of it, it seemed more autocratic than democratic, but Erik didn't want to offend anyone. In particular.

"Could you tell us what happened here?"

"Of course. Come. We will go to the Council Hall where you can get food and drink and we will speak." The man said, gesturing. Erik nodded and as everyone turned to go, he looked at his padawan. Isaac just rolled his eyes and started walking.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Pirates ruled our system. They left us alone for the most part, just asking us for supplies here and there. They took what they needed from other systems. There was a rival pirate group who came in and attacked them. I believe they had information on our pirate group because their attack was perfectly planned out. Orchestrated wonderfully, if I may say so myself."

"Who were the pirates that attacked?" Isaac asked, after swallowing a mouthful of the food they'd set before him.

"I believe IFF transponder information that we reviewed afterwards named their ship the Aeris." Erik looked up, something passing in his eyes. He just nodded though and continued eating.

"Still, that was what, over three years ago."

"Yes. The Aeris pirates stayed out of range of our space station. You know, the Empress-class you saw mangled and mauled."

"It did look something like that."

"Yes, well. Their plan probably didn't involve it, so they didn't even think of it. After the pirates were destroyed, we had just the station. We haggled with some of our neighbors and got our hands on a few outdated Corellian designs. Two Support Frigates and a fourth or fifth hand KDY Class 1000. Just when we'd finished repairing and rehauling them...the Xen'Chi came."

"Ouch." Isaac said, already expecting a massacre.

"That word, my Jedi friend, does not even begin to cover it. It was a raiding party. I don't know what they call their ships, but it was simply two of their frigate sized warships. Vik'ral or Vis'kral or something. Regardless of their names, the two ships and their fighters devastated our small navy and obliterated it. Turned the station into what you see today. Even worse, they began but thankfully didn't complete an orbital bombardment of the planet."

"Why didn't they complete it?" Erik asked.

"I don't know. Ten percent into the thing they just stopped, recalled their fighters and troops and hyperspaced themselves out of here." Erik nodded.

"So where are you all now?" Isaac asked.

"We've come a long way from where we were right after the Xen'Chi attack. But we still need help and aid, somethign that is long in coming to an out of the way system like ourselves, especially since we're not affiliated or allied to any major power." He paused and looked at Erik. "What'd you say your name was again?"

"Erik Muir."

"Now, I've heard of them. Mighty fine spies and what not." Erik suppressed a grin. Just like "ouch" didn't cover the attack from the Xen'chi, "Mighty fine spies and what not" didn't begin to cover the Muir.

"I'll put in a few good words to one of my relatives. I'll see what we can do."

"That'd be great."
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

A few days later, the first transports arrived. Ten MC-32 Carger-class Freighters and an escort of a few Ogriand-class Frigates entered the system, bearing medical supplies as well as raw materials to help rebuild and jump start the economy. Erik officiated a trade deal with the Theracrayan council, that would allow them to get help from the Muir when they needed it. In effect, they joined the Corporation.

Isaac and Erik stood outside of a pre fabricated garrison base that had been brought and set up. It was being used as a hospital in one of the more remote areas of the planet, close to where the BDZ-ing had begun. They were talking about more of the work that had to be done in this area when they both looked up to the sky, sensing a disturbance in the Force. Erik brought his commlink up to his mouth and waited. A few seconds later it buzzed.

'This is Muir."

"Jedi Muir, we have two unidentified ships that have entered the system. One is firing upon the other and both are heavily damaged. They seem to be heading towards the planet, specifically, your quadrant."

"Alright. We'll be waiting." The two of them unclipped their lightsabers and headed to the point where the two ships were going to land. Or in this case, crash land. One was an X-wing, the other was a homegrown design, one that Isaac had never seen before. The X-wing's pilot was furiously trying to shoot down the homegrown one, not realizing that the crash would probably take them both out. He realized this at the last moment and tried to pull up. The homegrown design slammed into the ground, raising a huge storm of dust. Wings broke off, and the fuselage was cut in half. The X-wing fared no better, with three of the four S-foils being ripped off. The pilot popped the cockpit quickly and jumped out. He was a Force-user, Isaac saw with a shock. A blue lightsaber appeared in his hand and he charged the homegrown design just as the pilot of that ship was pulling himself out.

Isaac could sense the Dark Side in the injured pilot and wasn't surprised when he saw a blood red lightsaber blade a few moments later. The two of them clashed, sabers strike one another. Isaac turned to Erik. "Do we jump in?"

"Not yet."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Isaac watched as the two Force users dueled. The two of them seemed oblivious to their surroundings, to the Theracrayans that gathered behind Erik and Isaac to watch. Every ounce of their being was locked in the struggle between the two. They simply tuned them out. They could have been in an all white room with no one in there but themselves and it would have been the same for them.

While Isaac marveled at their concentration, Erik found himself impressed with their form. The blue saber wielder was using an effective variant of Djem So that he'd seen once or twice before. His counterpart was using Djem So as well, but was mixing in Makashi, using the strength and raw power of one with the finesse and cutting precision of the other. It was an interesting mix, not uncommon, but not being used to its full potential here.

The Dark sider was strugglingto survive. He bore no visible wounds, but he was obviously not fighting to the best of his ability. Erik wondered why as he switched his attention to the lightsider. The Light sider had a gash in his arm and was bleeding in more than a few places. Yet he was dominating the fight. The Dark sider could have attacked the weak places, yet he didn't. Something was going on here. Something more than just the obvious.

Erik turned to Isaac and before he could say it, Isaac mentioned the same thing. The two turned back to the fight, just as the Light sider's blade came into contact with the Dark sider's right arm. Half of his forearm became a stump, the other half, the half with the hand attached fell to the ground. He cried out in pain. Sinking to his knees, he fended off a few more attacks with his blade, but the fight was clearly over. Erik watched as the Djem So/Makashi blend grew weaker and weaker and shifted to Soresu. The man knew now that he was fighting for his life with little energy left to give.

Isaac watched the Light sider get too cocky and overconfident. His strokes weren't as precise now, he was losing his focus, too happy in his temporary victory of his foe. And temporary it was, as the Dark sider, in a violent and suddent Makashi lunge stabbed the other man in the stomach. A grimace came across the Lightsider's face, but he looked down at the man on his knees with contempt and anger. He planted his own blade in the man's chest as the blood red blade extinguished, the owner's last attack having claimed everything from him.

The people watched the two combatants fall slowly to the ground. Isaac turned to Erik. "I'm guessing this is the point where we jump in."

"You guessed right." Isaac stepped forward to the Light sider's right, Erik went to his left. The Dark sider was clearly dead, there was nothing they could do for him. The Light sider was clinging on to life, realizing that there were people around him who could possibly help him.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:15 pm

“Easy there, friend. What happened here?”

“Dark sider tried to take something from the….I know you.”

“What?” Erik said.

“Your face. I know your face. You’re a Muir.”

“Yes, you know the Muir?” Erik said, all the while gesturing to the people to get a medic.

“A Derek Muir. I saw him just after he’d died. Karn…w..was trying to clone him.” Erik would bother about making sense of everything later. He just wanted to get the information now and get the man some help.

“So the Dark sider,” Isaac said as a medic came and started to unpack his instruments, “what was he trying to take?”

“Information. Data. On the Hell…ugh…” His eyes rolled into the back of his head. The medic checked his pulse and then looked up and shook his head.

“He’s dead.” Erik just nodded and rose. He turned to Isaac.

“Get the people out of here and back to work. We need to finish.”

“But what about this?”

“I’ll deal with this. Go.”

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:03 pm

Isaac had gotten the people back on their jobs and was walking back towards Erik when he stopped. He felt a familiar presence in the Force. A very familiar presence. At this point, Isaac would recognize that feeling and know exactly who brought it anywhere in the galaxy. He started running and stopped only when he was near Erik. "Korensan's here." He stammered out, once he'd caught his breath. Erik just smiled, patiently.

"I know."

"I'm going to the Shan'tani." Isaac turned to go.

"Still headstrong, aren't you?" The body of the lightsider and the darksider had been removed. Erik stood now by the wreckage of their fighters, looking here and there for any more information that could help them understand the whole picture. "If you know that Korensan is here, don't you think he'll know that we're here? And don't you think that he might be working on a plan incase we try something like face him in space?" Erik laid a paw on Isaac's shoulder. "Use your senses, my padawan, what do they tell you?"

"They tell me that he came here for a reason and that he has that corvette of his with him." Bel'kaar said, clearly not pleased.

"Exactly. If we go up there in my ship, we'll be destroyed." Isaac nodded.

"I don't like it."

"I didn't say you had to. You have to live with it though." Erik watched with a smile as his padawan paced back and forth. The stubbornness, it would take some time to bleed it from him. He'd done well so far and Isaac was going to be a great Jedi one day. Erik reached down and unclipped his lightsaber. His padawan before Isaac hadn't done well, and he hadn't become a great Jedi. Erik considered that his fault and he looked up to the sky, pondering what Isaac's predecessor was going to do next.

Regardless, Erik had created this monster, he would destroy it. He knew not where or when, just that it was an inevitability.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:46 pm

Vlan turned to the three people in the shuttle with him. "Stop Bel'kaar and Muir at all costs, I have to get to the agent and his ship." The Marauder had arrived and launched its contingent of fighters. Unchallenged by the Theracrayan defenses, the ship maintained its orbit.

The shuttle moved through the atmosphere of the planet and Vlan touched the hilt of his lightsaber as a remembrance. He'd built this lightsaber under Erik's guidance. They'd been on Coruscant then, helping the New Republic. He wished for those days, before he and Erik had become enemies. His master had been too stubborn, too resolute, like duracrete that had just been set.

Focus, Vlan, get our mind into the fight. Vlan noddeda t the words the unseen voice said.

Yes, Master.

The shuttle cleared the cloud cover, and Koresan could see Isaac and Erik standing, waiting. Vlan turned to the three. "There they are, predictable as always." The shuttle touched down, landing struts extending. The four descended. "Erik. It's been awhile, hasn't it? Isaac, how have you been?" Vlan said with a smile.

"Yes, it has Vlan." Erik replied.

"Been good. Why are you here?" Isaac said.

"It appears an agent of mine came here with information and I've been sent to retrieve it and him."

"He got held up."

"Not by you, I hope."

"Of course not. We came onto the scene as he was killed."

"Ah. Well then, my quarrel it with whomever killed him. He was a promising adept."

"He's dead too."

"Let me get the information and we're squared away here."

"Can't do that." Erik said.

"Oh?"

"Yeah," Isaac said, "you know, the whole dark sider, light sider thing." The three behind Vlan stepped forward. "You don't think we can't handle three of your lackeys?"

"Of course you can. But you can't fight them and stop me, can you?" He turned and headed for the wreckage as the three igntied their lightsabers. Isaac moved, two red sabers in hand. Jar'Kai, Erik noted as two darksiders moved towards his padawan. He turned to the last one.

"Guess its you and me." He said, blue saber snapping up in a Soresu guard. The darksider leapt forward, violet blade clashing down on Erik's. The two began to test each other's defenses. Erik's were impeccable, a testament to his skill in Soresu. The other's was decent and Erik saw that this was going to be a long fight.

Isaac meanwhile was holding his own well against his two enemies. Derek's blade crackled as it locked with one of his enemies. The two were using Djem So and Ataru. Isaac didn't live for battle, no. But he did enjoy it. to him, it was more of an application of his lessons and learnings in lightsaber combat. As he moved, he felt himself falling into a good groove. he could move like this for hours without tiring. Hopefully he wouldn't have to fight for that long. He'd rather intercept Korensan and cut of his head. The spurt of anger from that thought made his attacks more forceful, more dedicated to killing these two.

Vale's blade grated on one of the sabers, causing a shower of sparks to rain down on all three. Isaac used this moment to create an advantage. He used a powerful force push to throw one of them a good forty yards away. Then he turned to the other and began a harrowing assault. Korensan wouldn't be getting away today.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:37 am

Vlan crouched by the ifghter, that his agent had been flying. Perfect. His fingers tapped the keypad. Technically the ship was still running, the generator still on. He was downloading the contents of the ship's computer when a blue saber appeared and hovered by his ear. e wentstill. Turning his head ever so slightly, he regarded his former master out of the corner of his eyes with something along the lines of tiring patience. "Erik. Let's not do this." He said evenly.

"But I really, really want to." A body flew past both of them, impaled by a lightsaber. One of his adepts, Vlan noted. Isaac walked into view and stood by Erik.

"Me too." Vlan closed his eyes and sighed. He reached into the Force and acted. Erik looked up curiously and his eyes went wide.

"Korensan, what have you-" Isaac grabbed Erik and Force jumped. Vlan moved back as well, datacard whistling through the air as he flew. The huge red turbolaser blast from the Marauder-class Corvette in orbit slammed the ground, vaporizing trees and the wreckage of both fighters. A huge crater was left in its wake. The wo Jedi lay on the ground, Erik the first torise. He siped at the dirt and debris on his robes. He was up on his feet soon after. He and Isaac were between Vlan and his thankfully unarmed shuttle. Isaac slowly rose, groggy. A deep gash was visible on his head and blood flowed freely. He staggered to his feet. "Are you alright, Isaac?"

"I guess. You could be polite and stop moving around for me though." Erik grinned. A very mild concussion. Vlan was runing towards them. Erik ran at him. Vlan jumped and Erik planted a foot in the other's chest. Vlan tumbled from the sky. He jumped to his feet. The anger in his eyes was evident. The lightsaber at his waist sprang into the air, a red blade being birthed.

He moved forward, a strong Djem So lunge. Vlan Korensan was the only person Erik Muir feared when it came to lightsaber combat, darksider or lightsider. He was the only being in the galaxy who knew how Erik's mind operated and how his Soresu worked. Isaac was learning and could probably guess what the Bothan would do eighty percent of the time. But Vlan knew Erik perfectly. Erik dug in and prepared for the long haul. He had to outlast Korensan. His former apprentice was prone to powerful but tiring attacks. He blocked another strike and then a flurry of attacks. The problem was that the powerful strokes were aimed at the few weak spots in his form.

Isaac meanwhile had cleared his head, using the Force to temporarily clamp down on his nerves and kill the pain. The two blades in his hand sprang back to life and he waded into the battle. Korensan barely blinked, just added two lightsabers and Isaac's skill to the equation that he was working out in his head. He'd been taught to fight methodically by Erik and he knew his master was working out a similiar equation in his own head. There was a good number of unknowns on either side. He plugged in what information he knew and began to solve.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:59 pm

The three of them were dueling, though only two were expending large amounts of energy. Erik was a master of Soresu and was not only keeping Korensan's blade at bay when it came at him, but coming in and helping Isaac's defenses. The two of them had slowly worked up a routine. Erik wore the enemy down with his consistency, while Isaac forced their foe to keep on his toes, continuing to bring his levels of resistance down.

Then Erik would move through the person's defenses and have them reeling. Isaac would come in, with his Jar'Kai and Djem So and while the person was defenseless would make the kill and Erik would clean up.d many times in the past, was not working when it came to Korensan. The man was more resilient than their previous opponents, better trained.

But that didn't mean they would fail. Korensan backflipped and landed on his feet, his blade lunging forward. Isaac trapped the blade within his two and Erik moved, sensing an obvious weak spot. Korensan let go of his blade and ducked, Erik's swipe missing. He popped back up and grabbed his blade, pulling it back and out of Isaac's lock. He grinned.

"You've always been good, Erik, and you've gotten better, Isaac, but you still lack what it takes to beat me."

"I doubt you'll be able to make that claim once we're through with you."

"I'd love to stay and chat, but you've strained my schedule. I have to move a few appointments now." He pushed his palm out and three small balls exited his robes and hit the ground. The first one exploded as Vlan jumped, amplifying his jump with the force.

Meanwhile, the other two detonated, spraying gas everywhere. Isaac coughed as he moved forward, looking for Vlan. The Dark Jedi was running towards the shuttle. Erik came barreling through the smoke with his saber in hand and saw their enemy board the ramp of the shuttle. The shuttle lifted up into the air and headed towards the Marauder Corvette.

"We're chasing him this time."

"Yes, we are." Erik replied.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:41 am

Isaac sat at the control station for the Shan'teni's weapons. The Maraduer had a much bigger and more powerful arsenal when it came to onboard weaponry, and it had the presences of fighters. But Erik's ship had a higher speed and more manuverability. "Do we have a vector yet?"

"No." Erik replied from the cockpit. "I did manage to throw a tracker on the shuttle, but it won't activate until he drops out of hyperspace." Isaac nodded. They'd be playing catchup for a long time before they could attack Korensan. Isaac wanted to avoid a space fight as much as possible. He'd much rather have a groudn fight, with lightsabers, but he'd take whatever he could get. As long at the end fo the day, Vlan Korensan was dead.

It was a waiting game for now. He was about to close his eyes and get some rest, when Erik spoke. "He dropped out of hyperspace. He's heading further into the Unknown Regions. I have the coordinates."

"Let's go, Master." Isaac had barely blinked when the stars elongated and they jumped into Hyperspace.

"It's going to be about an hour before we get there. I'd advise you to res. It won't do for you worry about what might happen."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:38 am

His grip tightened on the controls of the guns. The lasers were tracking one of the Marauder's fighters. Isaac had already taken down one and he was working on another. Meanwhile, Erik was tryign to use the Shan'teni's speed to try to catck up. They were out of range fo the turbolasers, but the fighters were starting to get annoying. Isaac took down another but didn't bother with watching his handiwork, looking for another one.

Suddenly the fighter broke off from pouring laser fire into the Shan'teni's shields. They were heading back to the Marauder. Isaac knew what was happening. These fighters had no hyperdrive. The Marauder was preparing to jump into hyperspace. He brought the guns to zero degrees. The quad laser cannons fired at the retreating fighters.

"Damnit." He said when the Marauder jumped to hyperspace. He knew they'd have to wait for Korensan to revert before they could enter hyperspace. He sat back in the seat and took the headset off, just as the [Shan'teni jumped into hyperspace. He grabbed the headset. "What happened, Master? Where are we headed?"

"The tracker is a droid that can hack their system. It transmitted the coordinates just before they jumped." Isaac smiled.

"Very nice."

"Indeed. Get some rest. It'll be a couple hours before we meet up with them again. I'm going to test your Jar'Kai."
Last edited by Mir on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.