Red Dagger Fleet: Back in Business

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: Red Dagger Fleet: Back in Business

Post by Mir »

The minister of state looked at the datapad in front of him, bearing a message from Naboo. The secure part of the message was what troubled him more. Already he was up on his feet and headed out of his quarters. No rest for the weary. That had been what Leia had told him when he had taken office and though he had understood it then, it had been only a partial understanding. Now it was a mantra that he repeated every day. That and the time honored phrase that the only easy day was yesterday. 

It didn't take him long to find out where Silvers was and for him to enter the room. He saw Haid there along with Rash and then his eyes locked onto Silvers. 

"Commodore, we're Naboo bound." He said. "We have a situation with Loris. And we have back up enroute already."

Post by Nichalus »

At the words of the Minister as he came in with the news, Silvers looked from Haid to Rash and then sighed slightly. "I hate it when I'm right."

He started the intel that he recieved from Ordin's mother over, to allow Roman to look at what they had already seen. "i find it of no coincidence that we just recieved this intel. I was about to come see you with this."

"I was planning with the Colonel to send a Recon Group to intercept the delivery here..." he stated as he pointed on the map where the convoy would cross NR space. "...discretely place some passive tracers on the hulls of the ships. The tracers will remain passive until the ships drop out of hyperspace, sent a quick locational burst transmission, and return to passive mode. Thus we can track the ships locations of delivery."
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Roman's eyes scanned the documents and nodded slowly, the implication of it all washing over him. "Well, then there is no doubt that something must be done." He said. "We face an interesting situation. The Kingdom of Naboo is planning on have celebrations for the fiftieth anniversary of the invasion by the Trade Federation. They're planning on inviting a number of dignitaries from various governments. I'm not sure as of yet, whether or not the Empire will be there, but we have to be prepared nonetheless." The man from Commenor said with a sigh. "This whole matter is very delicate, considering the unique political arrangements that we have. But those arrangements aside, Naboo is New Republic territory. If Loris is planning something and is utilizing Naboo to do so, then it needs to be stopped. We may have finished one war, but another may be upon us." He said. "I agree and concur with your plan, Commodore. Hopefully by the time of this celebration, Colonel Haid and his men and women will have been able to get us a better picture of what's going on. I already spoke with Treniun at NRI, and there will be NRI presence there as well." He added. "If the call I put through is fruitful, then there will be a Force user there as well, one that should be able to lend considerable presence and aid."
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Detric watched and heard the conversation between the politician and military man and kept to himself. There was little he needed to add to the whole conversation besides that his squadron would do what they could, as best as they could. There was little that needed done besides planting the trackers and doing the recon needed. The last thing he needed however was a Jedi poking around. It wasn't that he didn't like them, he just found them to be a distraction and an unneeded one. He'd mention it to the Commodore later but for now he would wait, quietly at that.