Sith Empire: Coup de Grace

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

False Dichotomy

Sith Empire: Coup de Grace

Post by Beorht »

Previous thread here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10360

Marrovia

"That is a fascinating choice," said Velok, pushing his chair back from the dinner table. "And that kind of symbolism is exactly what I was talking about. I really don't know if Tyranus' blade still exists. Folai Sejanis has been training and training hard, aboard the Stormblessed; she's a respectable novice Sith now, a worthy student for you. The bounty on her head is significant, but she has taken steps to avoid being recognized..."

Folai entered the room. She'd shaved her head except for a long red ponytail, and Sith tattoos decorated her skull - two red lines swept back from her temples, and two ran down her cheeks. She smiled at Resen.

"You may go to Coruscant to hunt down the blade of Tyranus," said Velok. "Contact my associate, the information broker Farn Engel. He can find out what happened to the contents of the Invisible Hand."

Deep Space
Systems Alliance Territory

Kelen filed that bit of information away. To be honestly, being able to split attention like that, conceptualize on several levels at once, was beyond many Sith she'd known - most, even. But higher-level Sith training usually involved something of the sort, and Siriss had emphasized it. She let the tiara draw power from her, and through that connection she commanded the...whatever it was...to strike at another metal slab, much as she'd done before. This time she did not move.

Re: Sith Empire: Coup de Grace

Post by Red Dragon »

What ever amount of force energy it took to cause the first one to shatter, the Ether Drive took, and would magnify it, and direct it at the slab. The slab shattered, nearly with explosive force, in to tens of pieces. Chris lost count around 30 but there were many more now floating away out of view. Such a feat could likely be done with Force related artifact, items that held power with in themselves to boost the users own power. But here was a machine that took little from user and achieved the same result. Chris looked over at Rebecca, who was smiling. "Well, I didn't expect it to work so well... Not with out her needing to be plugged in like us..." Chris thought about it some more, about the reasons these Sith were here to begin with. "Great now you likely gave them a reason to stick around! How can they simply ignore this Rebecca?!"

Rebecca was positively gitty at the results. But what Chris said did have merit. She deactivated the Ether Drive and turned to Kelen. "Can you simply ignore this?"
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"Me, personally? Perhaps. As I said, I have bigger concerns than getting the technology Sarastro sent me here for. You're fortunate your demonstration was only to me...though I suspect other Sith with whom I'm close felt a large surge in my presence. Ashin will have sensed that. Fortunately, they're at least nominally on your side. So let's cut to the chase. Things like this are incredibly rare and quite valuable. If I were you, I'd keep it very secret.

"There is one who I'm close to, who may have sensed that surge in my presence. He may not choose to report it, but I wouldn't be surprised if...well, if other parties got involved. And that could be good or bad for you." She was thinking, as it happened, of Velok.
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Resen smiled at Velok and also looked Folai.She had changed alot from the last time he saw her.Maybe she was more close to a Sith now than to a Darksider with some mere knowledge of the Dark Side.

''I will head for Coruscant and meet with that person my Master, i am sure he will be a great help since you are proposing him....Folai when i get back i would like some conversation with you....''

He nodded to both of them and turned back leaving Marrovia by entering his ship.He now was starting for the biggest trip of his life...a trip to Coruscant to meet with this Coruscanti and learn if it was possible to be the only Sith in the galaxy to fight with Darth Tyrannus's blade once again but with his own crimson crystal inside or even combined with the one of the former Separatist leader.

Coruscant,Some days after

It was here on Coruscant that once every single detail of the galactic political scene was taking place.It was here where numerous manipulations had taken place since the dawn of the Old Republic...Resen had studied all those things in his time under that Rogue Sith who was like he knew everything about the recent galactic history...one big city...the whole planet...Coruscant.

Resen took out his datapad and saw the number of the Coruscanti Velok suggested him to meet...the information broker Farn Engel in order to start from somewhere.He typed a message and he got instructions to wait in a nearby bar and so he did.

The young sith wearing his dark cape but didnt resembled so strong a Sith sat in a corner of the bar took some Corellian whiskey and waited for him to arrive.
http://starwarsexodus.blogspot.com/

STAR WARS EXODUS OFFICIAL BLOG

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Post by Red Dragon »

"Yes well, Its not like it would be easy to get a hold of one of these intact." Rebecca took the tiara back when Kelen removed it. Chris then spoke up. "So... Rebecca, I assume your going to be a part of the plan?" She shrugged. "I'm here, may as well. What are we going to do with Kelen?" Chris looked at Kelen. "Well shes with me for now. Kelena, you already know what we are going to do to the hostile strike force. You been helpful so far and show a desire to end this quickly. Is there anything to want to tell us or do to hasten this?"
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"Dark capes aren't in style, son. Not around here anyways. And if they are, they're shorter, waist-length." A grizzled, middle-aged man sat down across from Resen. He showed no fear at having his back to the room; across the bar, a big Ishi Tib stood with his arms crossed, watching them. "You must be Anrakk's boy. He told me to expect you." Anrakk was one of Velok's cover names.

"He also told me what you're after. Most of the artifacts from that crashed ship were processed by Intelligence. I can't find out if the...item...was part of that package or whether it was shipped to Serreno to be buried with its owner. If it was analyzed by Intelligence, it's either locked away in Mount Tantiss where you'll never be able to find it, or was processed with the rest. I had to trace the boxes through several government warehouses, but they're currently in a warehouse near the Works. Keep in mind...it's a lot of crates. Hunting through them will take forever, but they've been repacked at least twice. You'll have to open every crate and search by hand, and there's no guarantee that Palpatine or the Inquisitors didn't take it already anyways.

"Now if it was buried on Serreno, or kept by the noble family, that's a whole other problem."
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"I can't think of anything that would help," said Kelen. "I suppose bringing me along is out of the question - telepathically interfacing with their ranking Sith might work depending on who it is."
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Resen smiled and drunk some of the whiskey he had infornt of him.''You suggest i go to the Works and start searching?What i should wait there?''

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"Because I'm not going to do the work for you. The lightsabre could be lost, it could be on Serreno, it could be on Wayland in the secret Imperial archives, it could be elsewhere on Coruscant, or it could be in one of about a hundred big crates in a warehouse near the works."

Post by Red Dragon »

"Some how i don't think you interfacing with them would be a good idea. Even if you did do it to help us it could tip them off that elements of their government is out to stop them at a time that would cause more problems then not." Rebecca was thoughtful for a moment. "Do you have any problems with fighting with us?"
--Serenity
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"Would you, in my place?"

Post by Red Dragon »

"No, I suppose I wouldn't. But we are talking about two completely different types of organizations here. For all intents and purpose the Sith Empire it built on power and betrayal, and are always looking for ways to gain more land or power. Case in point, what is happening here. While the Systems Alliance is devoted to the defense of its systems and people." Rebecca shrugs. "Though I'm sure you and Chris had plenty of similar talks." She turned to Chris. "This has been very enlightening." She looked back to Kelen. "I do hope we get to meet again, as friends on equal footing and not as prisoners on the cusp of a meaningless war." With that Rebecca made her way out of the small hanger. The Ether Drive as well lowered into the floor, disappearing under an armored floor. The Shuttle pod they had used to come over to the Alpha Titan flew in nice and easy. Chris motioned to the pod. "Guess we are done here. You'll have to wait in the brig during the battle on my ship. Hopefully your friends can end this soon then we can let you go along with the others."

At Orion preparations were being completed for their trap. Time was of the essence, they were sure of that. To prevent another battle over one of their worlds they would lure any strike forces the Sith may have ready to the massive station. The Sith would find a massive force waiting for them. With any luck they would simply surrender, if not... Well the odds were certainly in their favor. The fleet that waited for them was at least as large as the one that was sent to Dac, plus the station and the Vestra class ship. There was also a Shorapka team of three Wagtail IIs, as well as Chris in her Alex Next and even Rebecca in her monster would be there.
--Serenity
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Resen turned back and dissappeared in the bar leaving the man there without a trace of him since he turned to order something and the other moment Resen was missing.

The young Sith was determened to find that lightsaber and he would do everything needed to achieve his goal and would hunt it everywhere especially from the moment that this was his actuall essential mission. He stoped a taxi and ordered the droid to get him to the Works with no big hesitation. After some minutes of travelling above a red surface and a jumple of aero-cars Resen reached his destination and motioned the droid to stop in a wherehouse he tought it should be the one the man said.He came down and paid the droid which left almost immediatly leaving Resen completely alone in the wherehouse which was unguarded.

Resen got to the big storage area where he saw a thousand of crates. He knew that it was impossible and too much time taking to open all those crates so he tried to use his force abilities and pick the most interesting. And here it was!He opened the first crate he knew that would give him something but he was too sad to find only a paper but he made sure to read it and his face became brighter.

The lightsaber of Darth Tyrannus has been moved to Serenno.It is Makashi Curved Sith Weapon.Date Moved:12 ABY.

Resen then opened his small holoprojector immediatly.He sat in the ground,more like a kneel when he saw Velok appearing.

''My Master-...i am here at Coruscant on some wherehouse and i found an interesting information.The lightsaber had been moved to Serenno on 12 ABY according to a paper list document i found in one of the thousand crates.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"12 ABY? That makes no sense - who would have done that? Perhaps a collector - or a lost heir. Or someone else with the same goal..." Velok thought for a long moment. "It could really be on Serenno, Resen, but it could also have been taken by someone with a passion for Makashi. In that year Quinis Asanis was still alive, the founder of the Detori Order, a fallen Jedi Master of the Old Republic. He knew Dooku...but he considered himself Dooku's equal. No, Asanis wouldn't have taken the sabre...maybe his student, La-Reia Beorht.

"The timing is suspicious. Nevertheless, go to Serenno and see what you can find. If you find nothing, I may have some more possibilities for you. I'm sending Folai to meet you on Serenno."

The commander of the fleet was Admiral Hollak'sen, a male Elomin. His flagship was the Utuk'ku, a gigantic Lucrehulk-class whose semicircular right arm had been replaced with a planetary-grade mass driver. Its sister ship, the Ineluki, had punched neuranium slugs right through a Colony Laser from end to end. With Hollak'sen was a Sith Lord, a senior member of the Dark Council named Feak Motal – an ancient Croke, and thus one of the galaxy's finest illusionists.

Motal was tiny; all Crokes are. He stood perhaps six inches high, a furry snail with spider-legs, but of course he never revealed his true nature. Instead, he looked like a man hooded and cloaked, all in shadow.

He left the bridge just as the fleet jumped to hyperspace. He'd sensed a trap and insisted on full force and a hyperspace exit point some distance from the 'distress call'.

The Centrality fleet – all Imperial ships, and Clone Wars vessels from both sides – couldn't match the huge SA fleet for firepower, but it dwarfed the Systems Alliance forces for starfighters. Lucrehulks, Venators, Imperators and others vomited hundreds of shielded TIE Interceptors, Supa Fighters and Star Wing gunboats. The Utuk'ku's mass driver fired, sending a shiver through the titanic vessel's superstructure; its target was the big space station.

Motal, for his part, hopped into a tiny secret capsule, a repurposed high-yeild concussion missile warhead jammed with miniaturized inertial dampeners and little maneuvering jets. Secret machinery slipped him into a launcher and fired him away. At a tiny but significant fraction of the speed of light, he headed across the battlefield towards the big ship on which he sensed Kelen Adwar.

Its point-defense guns locked onto him, and only deft use of the Force kept him maneuvering ahead of the converging blasts. He cursed in ancient Sith and darted away, then noted one of the big battlesuits that had emerged from the ship. He headed after the battlesuit in his tiny little starship...
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

And so he did, Resen was at Serenno Docking Bay State some days later and he was seeing Folai there waiting him. He got near her and smiled.

''Where have you been? Are you alright? I missed you!''

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Folai, once more, looked very different. This time, very different. She greeted Resen with a fierce hug. Her horns had been surgically removed, and her red tattoos now covered much of her face. She looked human. "Resen! Do you like it? It was Velok's idea - now I don't need to worry about the bounty." A flicker of worry crossed her face, but when it vanished it was gone for good. Somehow or other, Velok's teaching had changed her from a pampered trophy wife to someone with a bit of an edge.

"Here, I've got the location for Dooku's tomb - let's get going. I've got an airspeeder, but I feel something is wrong. You've got the lead on this...you're Master Torkan's apprentice, after all. I guess you still outrank me, technically." She grinned at him and got into the airspeeder.
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Resen Viper smiled at her and they both were travelling Serenno following the coordinates given by Velok very soon reaching the grave of Darth Tyrannus. They were in the middle of a small valley with no guards around and they were seeing a grave beutifully designed and a white house next to it. Resen knew that the sword couldnt be buried with Dooku and he even doubted that anything from Dooku's burned body on the Invisible Hand was infact inside the tomb other than just his spirit.

He motioned Folai to follow him into the small white building that had only one room inside. Resen looked in awe as he saw the robes of Count Dooku in the room and even some of his personal papers during his time as leader of the Seperatists. He couldnt resist in reading them and he read some reports given to Viceroy Gunray, orders transfered to Grievous and notes received from Palpatine.

He then left the joy job aside and started looking for a clue for the lightsaber. Suddenly there it was...a replica of the actual lightsaber was standing there but he saw a paper under it.

This is an official replica of Count Dooku's Makashi Hilt Lightsaber Crimson Crystal. Actual model is preserved on the vault of Count Drinken on Serenno.

Date of moving there: 12 ABY

Resen glared at the paper and then returned to face Folai.''So the saber is in the hands of this Count, propable one of the 9 Counts of Serenno and most specificaly inside his vault...and the date much the transfer from Coruscant to here..6 years ago...we must go to that Vault....dont you feel we are very close?''Resen looked exited at Folai.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Post by Red Dragon »

Orion's Shields did a fairly good job at slowing the shell fired by Utuk'ku's mass driver, but it still punched through and lodged itself into the super structure. The station shuttered from the blow but remained operational. It was the Systems Alliance turn now. While their fighter squadrons were out numbered, the addition of Freedom combat shuttles could even the odds. Except they were held back for now as the SC fighters and ships moved in. The SA ships started firing salvo's of missiles, mixed in with them were type 88 Nukes, designed to cause a wide area of damage, in other words they were trying to wipe out the SC's fighter squadrons before they even got in range to attack the SA.

Two of the three Reinforce class ships there targeted the closest SC ship, a Venator, and fired their Hyper-Mega Particle Beam Cannons at it. The long range weapons were designed to punch through nearly any defense to destroy their target, be a space station or ship. Its what gave the Reinforce ships their role specification as Assault Carriers. Chris's ship, the Endeavor held off on using its primary weapon for the time being. In fact the ship wasn't in the main line up, they arrived late with the Alpha Titan, though the Alpha didn't stay long. Rebecca launched in her "Neue Qubeley" then the ship left. Chris had just launched from Endeavor when a missile like object targeted her with lightning speed. She sent Alex into an array of maneuvers, launching her Bits to try and get it in a cross fire. There was certainly some intelligence to what ever this weapon/vehicle was.
--Serenity
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"This is too easy," said Folai. " I doubt we're the first to come looking for it. Still, a vault is a good place to start, or a display case in this Count's home." She accessed the HoloNet on her datapad, leaning against the display case. After a few minutes, she looked up. "I have the location for his house. Here's the map." She showed it to him.

"What's the plan...Master? Direct assault? Bargaining?"

The Venator's shields dropped to ten percent in moments; one of its shield generators sparked and died, and then its shields were down entirely. It and its fellow battleships unloaded megatons of plasma on its attackers; the tough old ship, mainstay of the Republic, was badly hurt but still alive. One of the half-spent particle beams had punched a hole right through it. Pressure bulkheads dropped, or tried to. Some of the fleet's more powerful Sith drew upon the energies of terror and death, and stored up those energies, biding their time for the right moment.

In the vanguard of the starfighters rode a handful of Central Command Operatives, Force-attuned fighter pilots trained to use their powers to enhance their jobs. The Centrality didn't have many genuinely powerful Forcers, but its numbers of very weak Forcers were gigantic thanks to aggressive recruiting and Mimban-crystal detectors captured on Runnel. Rather than try to teach every one of them to shoot Force lightning, they found it more practical to train them to enhance other skills – like flying, slicing or sniping. The CCOs' TIE X1 prototypes led waves of Interceptors, Supas, Star Wings and Skiprays.

"I've got a bad feeling about those missiles."

"Me too."

"Copy, copy."

They commed it in, and the fighter wave spread apart just before the nukes began to detonate.

On the bridge of the Utuk'ku, now sending shot after shot at the station as fast as the crude, simple rail cannon could reload – which was moderately fast – the lead captain hissed. "They're flooding the battlefield with hard radiation. These people are insane. Mass-killing fighters – that's the most dishonourable thing I've ever heard of. And I work for Sith. What are our losses?"

"Energy shields can take more than people think, ma'am. Those Skiprays can take a turbolaser hit, and that's megatons. If we had unshielded ships, they'd be cooked. We took moderate losses. Nukes are pretty primitive stuff. Surprising."

"But we're going to be dealing with higher cancer rates for years. Feth. At least we're still competitive on the fighter field. All right – maximum rate of fire on that station. Switch to neuranium penetrator rounds and bring exit velocity up to point-one-cee. I want less kinetic damage and more chance of punching right through the station like Ineluki did to the Colony Laser. Aim for the reactor."

Feak whipped the little warhead casing around the exoskeleton of the big suit, dodging couterfire by instinct. He couldn't pack much of a sensor capability into the casing – in fact, the current sensor suite was smaller and weaker than the warhead's stock targeting gear – but he was probing the suit with the Force. He sensed no internal access routes of any kind; apparently mechanics took the entire suit apart to fix a gasket somewhere inside.

The lightsabre space-taped to the outside of the warhead activated. It had a double-length, half-width crimson blade, like the unwieldy sort some people built into dual-phase sabres. He skewed the little ship around – still avoiding counterfire as best he could – and whipped the blade towards the left elbow of Chris' suit.

Post by Red Dragon »

With the sith fighters spread out and in somewhat disarray after the nukes, the Systems Alliance fighters and combat shuttles moves in with the big ships. It was simple tactic to even the odds for the fighter forces. The radiation from the nukes wouldn't be as bad as one would think. The type 88s were designed for maximum radius of damage. The over lapping destructive forces from multiple nukes would/should at least damage shielded fighter craft and/or spread them out into a less effective "first strike" formation. The SA was always short in fighter numbers in fleet engagements of this size, they didn't have dedicated carriers, though the need for such a ship wasn't lost to them. It just wasn't available yet. To send their small fighter wing into a cloud of enemy fighters like that was just suicidal. At least this way things were evened out more. AS the fighter craft got in range they let loose their own missiles and opened up with their other weapons, the clash would see the end of many pilots lives in those first few seconds on both sides then the dog fighting began. Anari Huntress pilots not only attacked with their fighter but with their psychic abilities as well, when it a reasonable range. Fooling the enemy to fire on their own, or confusing them into another's path of fire.

The SA capital ships returned fire with their beam weapons, ceasing the nuclear strikes and switching to typical anti-ship missiles. The Vestra-class "High Hope" trained its powerful weapons on the Utuk'ku, firing an unrelenting volley after volley, Orion added its own fire power finally attacking back its assailant. The station shuddered with each blow from the rail cannon, its shields slowing the shells to a less effective penetrating force. From there the armor had to be enough to keep the station's systems from taking to much damage.

The numerous Clops and Ra Caliums would unleash their fury onto the sith capital ships, concentrating fire to quickly bring down shields and cause massive damage to an enemies super structure. The Kularis frigate would hold back behind the larger ships but well above them and rain missiles down on the sith ships.

Chris couldn't believe the trouble she was having with this small... thing. She was able to keep up with it as much as it was able to keep up with her. But its small size was making it hard fore her to pinpoint a strike. Now it produced a lightsaber of all things to attack with. She needed to put some distance on this thing and fast. It made a move fore one of her limbs and she saw a chance. She spun Alex around in an instant leaving nothing to strike at, as she completed the 360 spin she went to smack at the missile like object hard with the arm it just tried to sever. Should she strike it she would then kick it hard, away from her. If not then in its moment of dodging her she would thrust backwards away and place her two bits between them to fire at it. At the very least she would put some distance between them, even it it meant sacrificing one of her bits. From there she should be able to maintain that distance and hopefully end this troublesome... missile...

Rebecca's machine for now remained well away from the front line, but she joined in the attacks there never the less. Her fin funnels stealthy struck out at the enemy fighters, destroying some out right, damaging others. Though the confusion of such attack likely wouldn't last long she made a effort to make the effect last as long as possible. Then the more experienced pilots, likely trained in the force to an extent managed to destroy one of the funnels as it targeted him/her. Irritated Rebecca had the remaining four funnels she sent attack the fighter from multiple angles. The sith pilot managed to dodge the first two shots but his/her fighter was soon and quickly sliced apart. Seeing that her stealth strikes were not likely to remain unnoticed she recalled those funnels, launched the other five and moved in for a more direct attack among the SA ships.

The battle begun so quickly after the arrival of the Sith forces, the Admiral never had the chance to issue the surrender or die speak he had prepared. Just the same, the Sith weren't ones to back down to any one, even in the face of overwhelming odds. The damage the station was taking from such a long range weapon needed to be alleviated. Short of putting his ship between it and the rail gun he ordered the full might of High Hope the upon the sith ship Utuk'ku. While High Hope was larger then the other SA combat ships it was still dwarfed by most of the Sith ships. But the simple fact was that its weapons gave it far more fire power then anything else there except maybe the alligence-class, to which it may match. High Hope launched its Shorapka team, their task was to aid against the enemy fighters, which still out numbered the SAs fighters. They would help even the odds. Maybe now was the time to issue the Sith to surrender.

"Sith'ari Centrality forces! You have breached our closed boarders and made unprovoked attacks on our forces! Continue your attacks and it will mean open war! Surrender now and you will be treated fairly and sent home safe." He ended live transmission but programmed what he said to loop automatically. "Sir, you really think they will just up and leave?" The Admiral looked over at the comm officer, a young Nighten, fairly fresh from the Academy but a great officer non the less. "Seeing how we had to virtually destroy a ship to get them to surrender last time, No." Not pleased with the answer she semi slumped in her chair and returned to her duties.
--Serenity
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Resen smiled at Folai,a rather warmer smile than the usual.

''This word should never be spoken from your mouth again...i am not your Master since i have a master...i am your help here Resen...''He said looking her right at the eyes.

''Now look what we shall do, if you had the sword of Count Dooku, would you bargain?No.We must sneak in quietly and search...now i will need your help Folai.''

He looked at his datapad and continued.'' We will need to get in a quiet way as i said in a time this Count wont be in his home...leave the guards to me...i want you to distract him some way when he will get to the central market for his daily walk, some research i did right now and i will sent you a message on how much time i need to look the whole Mansion...Can you do it Folai? Comments opinion?''

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

As the Systems Alliance fighters splayed out to attack the diffuse fighter cloud that dominated the space between the onrushing fleets, the TIEs - hundreds of them - turned around and closed in like a fist, crushing the Systems Alliance fighter force against the Centrality capital ships. It was a textbook hammer-and-anvil maneuver, and the TIEs didn't have the firepower to threaten the SA capships anyways. Even the job of keeping the point defense guns occupied was better handled by the Star Wing gunboats and Supa fighters, who also unloaded warhead after warhead to match the contributions of the TIE bombers and the Skipray blastboats. The warhead assault was focused on the nearest Ra Caelums and Clops.

In the main group of TIEs, generally shielded interceptors, the CCOs in the TIE/x1 'Vadercraft' used the Force to full advantage. Most of them were trained exclusively to use the Force to enhance their precognition and intuition, the things best suited to piloting, but when they went up against the Anari Huntresses and Rebecca Shorapka, their ability to detect and resist mental influence came into play. They weren't terribly good at mentalism, but any Sith who trained under Golasj Murt and the other Amphi-Hydrus, or Kelen Adwar herself, knew how to resist the kind of mental influence that could be brought to bear in the split-second hell of a dogfight furball. Many were very weak Forcers, but even they, more often than not, knew how to detect powerful telepaths altering their thoughts, and quickly reported it to their comrades. The Huntresses were carving a swath through the shielded TIE Interceptors; that was why the CCOs in their x1's were now engaging the Huntresses and ExoShells almost exclusively. Meanwhile, less martial Sith on the capital ships functioned as 'spotters,' correlating pilot reports with their own instincts, and placing system designators on the fighters believed to be carrying Huntresses. These became priority targets for some of the TIE Interceptors as well, pilots - some of them veterans - who were out for glory. As many a Jedi had learned during the Clone Wars, a Forcer in a fighter can still get shot down. And the CCOs were dying too.

Centrality Munificents and Acclamators shuddered and died under the enemy onslaught. Some of them got into formation around the Utuk'ku, shielding it from the worst of the SA bombardment while allowing a clear fire lane for the massive rail cannon.

Meanwhile, the big Allegiance-class Star Destroyer Vectivus shouldered its way through the SA fleet with a pair of ISD IIs in flanking formation. Several of its gun batteries were visibly modified: ACP turboshots, a variety of charged-particle blaster that depleted shields very fast at close range, but was less useful against armour. As it got to close range, taking heavy fire, it began to unload its ACP batteries on the Orion, as well as its other guns. The ISD Mark IIs focused their considerable power on occupying anything attacking the Vectivus.

Feak sensed the move coming and decided to go with it. His ship was tiny, but he'd added ribs with the glossy black metal of Sith alchemy. The ship probably couldn't be crushed, though it could certainly be breached or blasted. The powerful inertial dampeners that enabled him to be launched from a missile tube prevented the stupendous impact from turning him to jelly.

And as the left arm of the Alex Next hit him, he spun his little ship and slashed or stabbed the double-length lightsabre straight through it. At least, he meant to, and his timing was - after twenty-six thousand years - pretty darn good, if he did say so himself. The blade scythed, hazarding the twin beam launcher and the wrist. Molten metal streamed over his viewport; then the impact cancelled his momentum and the molten ExoShell armour sloughed off. He spun the ship and took the kick prow-first, as he'd taken the impact of the arm. That way only his forward manoeuvring jets were crushed into oblivion.

The Alex Next moved back for range, bringing him into the field of fire of the head-mounted miniguns - and two remote parasite guns, big ones. He closed the distance between himself and the ExoShell, spinning, lightsabre a flashing cone of crimson. It slipped through one of the 'bits' like butter, and then he was after the head of the ExoShell...

"I'll distract him," said Folai, cupping Resen's jaw in her hand. "No worries."

Later, she went to the market. The arcane things she'd learned were few and far between - crumbs, really - but she could think of one that might come in useful here, and almost nowhere else. As the Count walked across the cobblestone market, she rubbed a little amulet between her fingers and pointed at the stones he was about to step on.

He stepped on and never stepped off. The arcane energies of the amulet were designed to bind, and she bound his feet to the stone. He discovered he couldn't step off it. Chaos erupted.

Post by Red Dragon »

Chris's goal now was to keep moving and keep distance, the missile thing was too small for point attacks with its speed and maneuvering. What she would give for a melee type weapon at the moment. She switched her rifle to wide fire mode, giving it a cone effect (like a shot gun). Tactics remained the same, try and force it into one of her other fields of fire. The change in the function of the rifle may come to a surprise to the missile but that was the last one she had.

As it sliced through one of her bits she ordered it to maximum thrust just before it was destroyed, hopefully causing the missile to be redirected. The other bit darted around behind the missile and fired, it dodged but a spray from her rifle now headed for him, dodged. it was a dazzling display, the missile and the bit dancing around each other with Alex Next. The lightsaber glanced Alex's head, cutting a gouge along the left side of the face. Before he could swing Chris vectored Alex down in a spin then accelerated away, the bit fired a shot to keep the missile from following right away then gave chase again once it did. Chris noticed the damage the missile took to its forward thrusters, and started to maneuvering into that blind spot.

Rebecca, the Shorapka team and the Huntresses noticed they were being targeted now. She linked up with the Huntresses psychically and took command of the wagtail team. While she kept her main unit in the shadow of a Ra calium and its escorts, she used her remaining nine funnels to harry and distract the more experienced sith pilots. The whole problem with them moving off to seek glory, and both Rebecca and the Huntresses could feel that that's exactly what they were after, is they tend to leave their support behind and can easily be separated away. Those that were would find a wagtail's rifle in their face or gunned down by Huntresses in their specters. Rebecca was sure to keep the attacks coming at them from every where. One unfortunate pilot would be directed right to Rebecca's main unit, even a sith would feel fear at the site of the "Neue Qubeley" suddenly filling his/her view. Rebecca grabbed the shielded tie interceptor by the ball cockpit as it tried to pull away with her claw and crushed it.

The Vectivus and its escorts were certainly force full enough, Orion would start to focus all its weapons on them. The ships they passed, four Ra Caliums and their escorts, would exchange fire with them and continue to attack after they passed, turning to follow.
--Serenity
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Serenno

Resen saw the message in his datapad by Folai, he knew that she had done well and the Count wouldnt return home any time sooner than than the time the young sith wanted. He had not forgot the touch of Folai's hand on his jaw something that was making him feel weird uncomfortable but pretty also. He left asside his feeling and got inside the empty Mansion because the guards of the Count rushed to the marketplace.

The 2 floor stracture buidling was in Resen's hands. He wanted to go to the vault which was under the 1st floor....finding the ladder that would lead him there he soon found himself infront of a large steel door. He wanted to open it but he hadnt the combination or the ability to break it...he suddenly though that he could use telekinisis to open the door and so he did....He didnt tried to cut it with lightsaber because an alarm would might burst into beeping.

He got in and saw luxurious items everywhere but he tried to spot the ancient sith relic if it was still there and in a peer inside a box he saw it! He opened it and hold it in his hands...Resen Viper had found and was holding in his hand the official and not replica by any means lightsaber of Count Dooku! He was obsessed with finding this item from his early teachings motivated by his love for Makashi and the politian style like Siths like Dooku and Palpatine.

He thought that further talking on the way he would use it and try to make it better with his own crystal would be more suitable in Velok's house on Marrovia...he contacted Folai and in minutes...they were leaving Serenno with the lightsaber in their pocession...the Count still looking for it and back they got to Marrovia and Sith'ari Centrality to meet Velok....

Marrovia,2 days later

Resen opened the door alongside Folai after he knocked and saw his master after some weeks of romaing in the galaxy. He bowerd and smiled at him presenting him the ancient relic that Velok had suggested him to obtain...

''I did it master!''He almost cried from happiness but he knew that he was a Sith Apprentice and remained there calm looking at Velok who motioned him to stand up and get near Folai...

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"And you have done well, my apprentice." Velok's thick fingers folded gently around the curved lightsabre. He didn't try to turn it on - it would need to be restored - but he felt the mastercraft of it and nodded. "Well done indeed. But what would you do if I took it from you right now? Hate me, certainly. That's almost enough motivation for me to do it. I won't, of course. Just think of this. Anything can be taken from you, but some things are far harder to take. Like knowledge. Cherish knowledge, not possessions. What you have is nothing; who you are is everything.

"I have a new assignment for you, a longer-term one. As you know, for over a hundred years I've done my business with the galaxy through Galactic Import/Export. I need someone to represent my interests there, and I feel I can trust you to make the right decisions. Your training will continue, but it will take a back seat to your job with GI/E. You need to cultivate your public image, and GI/E needs to diversify and cultivate trade relationships with the new powers of the galaxy. From time to time I'll continue to give you assignments.

"I name you a Sith Lord. Rise, Lord Viper."
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Resen bowed to his master and smiled.''I should like to be called Darth Morgus my Lord while i keep Resen Viper as my first name...other than this if you agree i will modifie and revive this lightsaber and will act in your behalf as CEO of Import/Export and wont fail you...i need to have Folai by my side though as my appentice if you agree my master...and..some more info on my mission.Not the public one but the sith job i persume you will assign me.''

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"Very well, Lord Morgus. Your job for the Sith is this. Within this organization, the union of companies, the Trade Federation plays a role. I believe the Trade Federation has close ties to a Sith group. Find out what they are, who their leader is, what their resources are. Do not, under any circumstances, give anyone reason to believe that GI/E is associated with any Sith, or that you are a Sith or any kind of Darksider. GI/E has served me well for a hundred years. If you wreck this, I will be most displeased."
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

The Vectivus and its escorts continued to pound away at the Orion, and continued to take significant punishment in the process. All that was background to the handful of shuttles that exited the big ship's hangar and made for the nearest Ra Caelum-class. Several took significant hits, despite fighter cover; a pair of them vanished under the SA ships' guns. Some of the shuttle pilots, though, were obviously Force-trained, capable of anticipating some of the incoming fire.

The Vectivus took a moment from its bombardment of the station to discharge its gigantic shieldkiller batteries against that Ra Caelum. The escorts joined in, and the frigate's shields buckled. The shuttles clamped onto the outside of the ship; in their underbellies, technicians began cutting through the airlocks...

Feak cursed and shot away. He'd hoped for a simple victory, but the pilot was better than he'd anticipated, and his missile would run out of fuel fairly soon. He headed back towards the Centrality fleet. He didn't want to tire himself out, after all.

"Priority order. All fighters, disengage from..." The designation that followed was the one assigned to the Neue Qubeley. Fighters disengaged from Shorapka's battlesuit. A specific handful of ion cannon batteries, on various ships around the battlefield, turned their gigantic beams on Shorapka's ExoShell and filled the space around her with heavy ion cannon fire.
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Resen bowed and looked behind him seeing Folai.''Can i take her with me my Lord?She can act like my personal secretary and Vice-CEO in public and simuntaniously be my apprentice.''

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"Now that her features have been changed, yes - as long as she uses a different name."
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Resen looked at her smiling. ''So you happy with the assignement Folai?'' He was happy that he would have her near him more time now.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Post by Red Dragon »

The Ra Calium's crew knew what was happening, it was clear the moment they saw the shuttles heading their way. Their shields failed but that was likely the last attack they would suffer. Everyone in the fleet knew that the Sith was there to try and steal their technology. So the crews were ready. Their first defense was the ships armor, even the outer air lock doors were armored with the same super lunar titanium. A cutting torch could breach it, with the right method and a lot of time. The second was the ships three escort Clops, who's anti fighter weapons would be used to scrape off the shuttles. If they did manage to board the ship the crew was armed, and trained for anti boarding operations. They could seal bulkheads, vent atmosphere and shut power down through out sections of the ship. IF that didn't work then they would gather at key locations of the ship and sabotage the ship, maybe even cause a catastrophic event that would utterly destroy it. But it war, things never go as well as one could hope it would.

Chris was finally free of the missile, she thought about following it and end a terror before it could return but looking at the state of her ExoShell... "'Endeavor', I'm returning for repairs, have the deck crews ready." Before she made her way back she took a good look at the battle field. "And put a hole in that CIS piece of shit would you?" She of course was talking about the 'Utuk'ku'. It had been taking a huge beating from the 'Hight Hope' and other ships, the 'Endeavor's' primary weapon should be able to put an end to that massive rail cannon once and for all. Alex Next returned to the recovery hanger as the Endeavor alined its self with the modified CIS ship to fire.

Rebecca knew right away she was a primary target now. While she wanted to test and see if a forcer, like a Sith, could use the Ether Drive, She already knew she could and was quite proficient with it. She formed a mental barrier around her ExoShell to defend against the first onslaught of ion cannon fire. She wouldn't stay still and take the hits despite her barrier, she began dodging, spinning and boosting her way around SA and SC ships alike. Putting them between her and what would have been heavy hits from amassed ion cannons. She was heading for a ISD, one of the ships that was targeting her. Her Funnels rocketed ahead of her and targeted the weapons that posed the most danger for her. The funnels beams were slowed for only a moment against the shields then they cut through. While breaching the shields lowered the destructive output of the beams, they were still more then enough to cut lines into the large cannon's housing, causing enough damage to disable the weapon or cause it to explode.

With the major weapons out of her way Rebecca moved up behind the bridge up to one of the sensor domes. She launched her heavy claw into it, the claw cutting deep into the structure, she then pulled it free, tearing a good chunk of the dome's outer shell with it. The claw let got then fired its beam weapon strait into it. The Dome exploded as the claw returned to the main unit. Rebecca then reached toward the other dome, the claw wide open, and excreted her psychic crush on it. The Ether Drive magnified it several time, much like it did with the mental barrier, and the dome collapsed in on its self. With the ships primary shield projectors destroyed, which were part of the sensor domes, the ship immediately lost its shields and Rebecca fired Neue Qubeley's Hi-Mega Particle Cannons through the bridge structure, the beams melting all the way through, causing the whole thing to explode.

While things weren't looking too good for the SC when it came to capturing Rebecca, one of the WagTail IIs did take a massive jolt from ion cannon fire and was disabled. The pilot, due to his connection to the suit when it got fried, was killed from the ion overload.
--Serenity
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

The Sith boarding parties, in turn, knew what they were doing too. They knew that speed was everything, or they really would be scraped off the outside. But they had no intention of using those boarding shuttles to leave. It was do or die.

Pressure collars clamped against the lunar titanium; in each shuttle, a Sith stood on the bare cold hull of the Ra Caelum, beside a package of electronics. They stabbed into the armour with their lightsabres and began to cut in a circle. The plugs of armour fell into the hallways below; the electronics were miniaturized shield generators that projected cylindrical fields. Anti-boarding fire splashed against the generators as the Sith descended through the glowing holes. They gestured, and weapons broke or exploded; soldiers went flying or grasped their throats. The Sith were almost entirely non-human, though most wore the uniform of the [Central Command Operatives. Feline B'trillans, bulky T'sarki, four-armed Kli'aari, short muscular Eloms, tall horned Elomin, froglike Amphi-Hydrus mindwalkers...the few humans were dark-skinned Korun. The generators powered down, and as one the Sith exploded through the hallways, lightsabres and Force powers dicing the troops and crewers in their way. They quickly found themselves sealed inside depowered sections of the ship. A few Sith asphyxiated while trying to cut through bulkheads in zero gravity. Others succeeded. The strong survived. They regrouped and moved farther into the ship, a wave of Sith preceded by telekinesis, mind tricks and illusions. Few were strong enough to use lightning; most were Sith Warriors, combat specialists.

The Wagtail, thoroughly disabled, was grabbed by several tractor beams. One of their operators was a weak Force-sensitive, specializing in precognition. As the Wagtail approached a well-armoured, well-shielded minor hangar bay on the underside of a capital ship, a space-suited figure swam out to join it. A lightsabre ignited. The Sith, pondering the Force and working by instinct, jammed the sabre through the armour of the Wagtail and disabled the self-destruct mechanism. The ExoShell was tractored into the armoured hangar.

The Utuk'ku, having been shielded all this time by a group of smaller capital ships, was still the largest and most powerful ship on the battlefield. Its shields were having difficulty, but it was still alive. As the Vectivus' charged-particle shieldkiller batteries finally took down the Orion's shields, the Utuk'ku punched a pair of neuranium slugs all the way through the space station's main reactor, disabling it in pyrotechnic fashion. It wheeled on the Endeavor just as the other ship fired its primary weapon. The Utuk'ku's shields failed; its rail cannon fired back, shattering the Endeavor's shields in turn.

The Admiral was at a crux point. The fleet had a decent chance, but with one of these battlesuits captured and the boarding going well, his primary objectives were complete. What a cost. He was glad he hadn't ordered this war. If the boarding crew took that Ra Caelum, he'd leave.
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Nassus
Fortress of Niflheim

The old Consular-class vessel Sojourn sat hissing and whingeing in the blue-tinged night, slouched in the shadow of the eviscerated mountain. The fortress of Niflheim was the mountain, or had been. Carved out by a Sith Lord of terrible power and some antiquity, reclaimed by Rashael Koss and his people, Niflheim dwarfed the Sith Academy on Ziost. That, to Ashin's mind, was as it should be. She walked up the slope, backlit by luminescent forests. The night chilled her armour and her face. Of all the Sith worlds she'd seen, Nassus was the most unexpected.

With a sardonic huff of contempt directed at the higher reaches of the citadel, Ashin stepped up to the huge doors and concentrated for a moment. The inner workings of the locks required significant mastery of the Force; she refrained from a gesture, simply closed her eyes and assumed the door would cooperate. The lock reworked itself and opened with a snick. She had the option of taking the main stairs up into the academy, but instead she pressed on and down. Curious light shone through caverns of jumbled stonework, and even blasted trees protruded dry and obstinate from the corners. Impossible - and then again, this was Nassus. The hidden world. Between the Centrality's agents and Seren himself - master of Sirena's Assassins - the location of the planet had come to her. Rashael Koss lacked Sivter's paranoia, and unlike Arcanix Nassus had a useful population to worry about. Ashin descended through layers of stone, far into the roots of the mountain.

A spirit flickered in her peripheral vision. She let it go; even the most malevolent and potent spirits had some difficulty attacking her when she wore Contempt, though she took care to train in ectomancy without the alchemical armour. No, she was here for more than ghosts.

After 11 minutes and 37 seconds, her ComTac informed her, she spotted her first living soul. Well, living, certainly. A robed man waited under an archway carved in Sith funerary script. There was a hood over his face. The corner of her lips turned up as she took down her own hood, revealing hair braided with small talismans of bone and crystal and strange metals. The mark of Naga Sadow was tattooed on her forehead. While wearing Contempt, only her face could say who she was. The armour muddied the Force, leaving her presence unchanged in magnitude but curiously baffled in terms of identity and uniqueness.

"Welcome to the halls of the Sorcerers, Ashin Cardé Varanin."

The greeter knew her full name. Unusual. "I'll speak with Rashael Koss at his convenience."

"The Dark Lord doesn't live here anymore, though I'm certain he knows why you've come."

"Then I'll see your library."

"Ahhh, a true student of Velok." The hooded man gestured behind himself, into a vast empty gallery. "Some would call this treason, Varanin."

"I'd prefer Master Varanin, if you don't mind. I earned the title, and I confess a certain fondness for it. The rest is neither here nor there."

"Master Varanin, then. Come along, Master Varanin." He took her self-mocking air and dished it right back, a ruthless conversational move, without politesse. The hooded man led her through the gothic chambers of the Sorcerer halls, whose denizens kept her at arms' length throughout. Non-interference was a wise policy in these circumstances. Nobody challenged them. The hooded man led her past the guards of the library and into another gallery, this one far larger - and full.

Full.

She'd browsed Velok's private library, the collections of the Cult of Shadow, even the private collection of her master Sirena. The collection on Nassus told of owners and caretakers who truly valued knowledge...and had access to it. Good access. With effort, she kept her attention where it needed to be: on the man beside her, who had led her by the guards without incident. "Lord Koss, I presume."

"You've presumed a great deal already, Master Varanin. Feel free to look around." He gestured with one robed arm, and she confessed herself uncertain as to who, exactly, the hooded man was. Koss? DeSchaen, perhaps? Another with presence and authority in the deepest recesses of the Sorcerers' lair? After a long moment she nodded and started to examine the library. In a place of honour, ornate display cases held ancient and fragile books. Following the instructions engraved on the side of a case, Ashin turned the pages of an ancient book with the daintiest and most delicate telekinesis she could manage. She looked at each page for only a couple of seconds, long enough to fix it in her ComTac's memory - and long enough to fix it in her unconscious memory. Master Charnil had taught her to walk through her own short-term memory, picking up details she hadn't noticed before. Later, she could transcribe it.

"If you know who I am, you know who I serve."

"You're First Apprentice to our beloved Empress."

"Yes, well, that position is of limited utility. Oh, I have Star Destroyers at my beck and call, but it's time to face facts, Lord Koss - if that's who you are. Darth Sirena is power-mad. She seeks only control, and rules heedless of consequences for other factions within the Sith Empire. Such as yours and mine, my Sith'ari Centrality. Oh, Lord Sarastro rules it, and I'll leave it to him, but I've put time and love into that place, and I won't see it tithed, marginalized-"

"Thank you, Master Varanin. I believe I get the point. How do you plan to go about this?"

"I have the backing of the others. They want you - Koss."

"The others? The other lords who chewed at the edges of the Sith Empire's territory? They fought a war of conquest against their eventual...ruler?"

She kept scanning the book. "Nobody's interested in you being a true ruler. Naturally."

"You're too old to be so outspoken. Childishness could be a factor."

"I'm pushing thirty, Koss. So was Exar Kun; Vader was younger still. I've studied hard with people who know what they're doing." She finished the book and began another. The hooded man stirred. "Sometimes I feel I can speak the truth and get away with it. Isn't that what Master means, after all?"

"Saying what you will, certainly...though in many cases, the truth literally is what you say it is. Life is so diverse, so multifaceted, that in some sense it requires...fixative. What's your plan, Master Varanin? Who, exactly, is on your side?"

"The Centrality. The Enclave. Serviteurs du Noctre. Sirena's Assassins, and their chief, her right-hand man, the Lord of Shadows."

"And your promises, campaigner?"

Ashin took a deep breath and let it out. From now on it would be official. "Coup. Bloodless if possible. Exile if she gets away - and she always gets away. A bounty the size of a small moon. Between the Lord of Shadows and myself, we clean out what Sirena would be most likely to need. Some of her holocrons are safely in Seren's care. She placed him under a spell of obedience."

"Dren," said the hooded man. "Spell of obedience against a man like that? Please. A bluff, no more, or a feat of self-delusion."

"He'll be pleased to hear that." Ashin ceased to examine the book telekinetically and touched a holocron. "Sirena's fault, doing so many big things around one of the very few who has a chance against someone of her calibre. A sparse number that includes you...and me. Also, he's a heavyweight ectomancer and spiritualist, easily good enough to counter her focus on manipulation. She kept her friends and enemies a little too close. We've already removed some of her resources, but we can't co-opt the entire thing. Taking the Tion Cluster from her would be doable but difficult. For now, we simple change everything. Everyone bows to you, Koss. You're the better administrator and we're ready for someone like you. Of course, you can decline."
Last edited by Beorht on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Resen smiled at Folai and they returned to their appartment after saluting Velok and leaving him alone to complete his mediation briefing. Smiling they got to the yard of the apartment on Marrovia and then sat on the living room after Resen and her did some training. Resen didnt want to develop his fighting with the Makashi Lightsaber of Count Dooku and of course he didnt even wanted to get it back to life this thing needed time he had not at that moment.

After some moments Resen was sitting quietly at the sofa when Folai came from the kitchen with a meal in a disk. She noticed though that Resen was looking blankly at his datapad. She came near him and touched his shoulders.

''What is it Resen?'' She said wondering what had happened to him and changed his mood so quickly.

''I just remembered Folai that today....is the 15th anniversirie of my parents and sister death...i remember it when i sat here...''

Folai tried to consule him and conteplated what he might was thinking.'' I know what they did to them Resen...terrible things...and they occured right infornt of your eyes...but there is no room for revenge now-''She tried to complete her sentence only before Resen made her known he was thinking in a different way.

''No! I will get my revenge Folai and pretty soon....i am powerfull now to take revenge....i knew which people were behind the assault on our estate...and i will find the mastermind...but first i will kill them when i get the change...now get your stuff ready...we are leaving for Cato Neimoidia.''She didnt said a word and carred out the orders...

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"I'll remind you that you don't know who I am," the hooded man said with equanimity. "Nor do you know that I represent Lord Koss."

"I feel safe in assuming you do."

"Then let's assume together. If I represented him, I'd be asking for assurance that this isn't simply a ploy to draw him out of his redoubts and take more of his territory."

"The Centrality has enough. The others have their fiefdoms. Their greed has been satiated." She opened a scroll of engraved metal, angling it to get the reflection off all the runes. It was written in a very old form of High Sith, and bore no tarnish. At a glance, it seemed to be something about smoke demons. Much of this, of course, would be useless to her. She did not have the gift for true Sith Magic, like Darth Bane of old and the vast majority of Darksiders.

"But not yours, Master Varanin."

She looked up. "Hm? No, not mine. Per se. Is this Dwomutsiqsa? I've never seen the entire incantation written out in one place before."

The hooded man stood behind her, close enough that she could smell his aftershave. "That one, yes, it is. An impressive power, but its true usefulness lies in the potential for leveraging one's time."

"I don't have the gift for Sith Magic," she said. "Not the traditional kind, anyways."

"And still Sirena chose to take you as her First Apprentice? You must be something special after all. I wonder that you would reveal that to me. It's not the sort of thing one does."

"Consider it an expression of trust."

"Trust? No, no...Master Varanin, I consider it a boast that you don't need Sith Magic to deal with, say, me. A charming thought, and one I have no intention of testing. Your body count of Cult agents while refraining from using the Force - that speaks for itself. As does your ascent to the higher ranks of the Centrality's Council. You're one of the few worthwhile people in that august assemblage, and you don't even partake of their founding myth. A fallen Jedi - nothing more."

"Oh, I'm far more than a fallen Jedi. If I wanted the job, this would be a far different conversation. It came down to you and me, and I wanted my freedom more than I wanted everything. You, now - you've already got your burden." She returned the scroll to its niche and turned, too close, to offer the hooded man a brilliant smile. "Which is why you don't need to worry overmuch about me, Lord Koss."

"You're still half a Jedi, despite your protests." Contempt crept into his voice. "In a year, or ten, you'll feel the draw inside you - the demand for the recognition your power deserves."

"I feel it already. I simply have other priorities. Recognition - where was Darth Plagueis' need for recognition? Or Darth Bane's? For every Exar Kun there is a Vectivus. I see your point, Lord Koss, but I don't think your choice of words is ideal."

"Like any Sith Lord, you are the Force, girl! No, recognition isn't everything, and I'm pleased that you see the distinction between true power and perceived power. I think I've underestimated you somewhat. Perhaps it's your age."

"Any twentysomething Sith you meet who's as strong as I am has always been a prodigy. Except me. So I forgive you for believing I think like any other spoiled, entitled child of a Sith Lord. And thank you for confirming that you're probably not Seth deSchaen. I can tell when a man is lying, if he's standing this close to me. Call it a legacy of my former Master."

"Quite right." Another voice - male, younger, with a strange buzz to it - came from behind her. She glanced over her shoulder as a youngish man came through the stacks and wound his way around display cases. "I am Lord deSchaen, and yes, this is Lord Koss. And here is Lady Onaesar." Ashin sucked in a shaky breath. Against any one of these, she stood something of a chance. Against all three, she'd be dead or worse in instants. They were standing around her, and she had a display case at her back. She remained outwardly calm through an effort of will, the Jedi discipline she'd honed for almost a decade. "This must be the first time we've stood together in a room since, oh..." DeSchaen shrugged eloquently. "I assume you have a plan other than overwhelming force?"

"I do."

"May one inquire as to the details of said plan?" said deSchaen.

And so she told them.

Post by Red Dragon »

Orion's power fluttered then fell silent, the massive station put up one hell of a fight and survived several hits from a small scale super weapon, but the concentrated attack finally silenced it. On the other hand the SA fleet still had the advantage in numbers and the Admiral was expertly moving elements of the fleet to capitalize on that fact. Although the battle was fairing well, the Admiral was concerned by recent news. A Ra Calium and its escorts are cut off from reinforcements and the reports state that the larger ships was boarded. Standing orders were given that should the Crew be unable to defeat the boarders, or sabotage the ship so that they may not escape with it, the escorting Clops were to disable or destroy the ship from the out side. Other news came in that a Shorapka Pilot was KIA and his Wagtail was captured, but the ships that made the capture was unknown at the time.

The Crew had put up a good fight, but the Sith got the better of them in the end. They were unable to seal off or sabotage the ship and the last of them were cut down, none survived as they fought to the last. The escorting Clops were able to monitor everything that had happened and were prepared to open fire on one of their own, but they were forced apart and were fighting for survival. Only one was at a good angel to open fire on the Ra Calium, its blows causing damage but not enough before the battleship swiftly started moving away and shortly later leaped into hyper space.

Chris was able to launch near the end of the battle, the moment the Ra Calium was taken the Sith Fleet started to move away. The SA forces were quick to cu off a few ships. Chris and Rebecca would put the fear, or interest, in the Sith as the left. Proving that them and their machines were NOT to be taken lightly. The damage wasn't nearly as bad as Mon Cal, but it was bad enough, and with the SC's capture of the Ra Calium, ExoShell and its dead pilot... They failed in their mission to force the Sith to retreat with empty hands.
--Serenity

Post by Red Dragon »

Chris and Rebecca walked through Endeavor's corridor to the holding cells. It had been a little less then a day after the battle at Orion, the fleet had recovered and the station was under repair. The ships sent to find the Sith's staging point had been found, still stocked with supplies. But the computer cores and such were destroyed, though intel don't think there had been much in them to start with. Evidence shows that the Sith fleet had barely been there for a day or two. For now the station was under investigation and was being searched for any traps. Rebecca had suggested it be turned into a listening post to high command, its being considered seeing how an enemy managed to easily get so close to SA space with little to no warning.

The fleet at Orion was was gearing up for a long trip, the logistics of heading clear to the other side of the Galaxy would take time. Till then an advance strike team was being put together, their mission is to track down the stolen tech and destroy it as well as the facilities they are held in. Though even that small force will take another half a day before it left. If the mission failed then the SA would be sending a full armada and declare war on the SC for their transgressions. The Fleet at Orion was only put a part of that force.

Chris stopped in front of of the cell holding Kelen and looked at the two Huntresses, who stood at attention and allowed them closer to the cell door. With a shrug Chris keyed open the cell. "Kelen, care to come with us for some real food?"
--Serenity
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

The dark-skinned Sith assassin unlimbered herself from the cell corner, artificial arm clicking at the lower threshold of human hearing. She'd sensed much of the battle and its aftermath; the Huntresses couldn't keep her from doing that, not without much more effort than they probably considered safe. She knew the fleets had met, each lost a few ships, and disengaged; she knew the Centrality had captured at least one vessel, and one of those battlesuits; and she knew that the Systems Alliance was mobilizing, probably to strike back at the Centrality.

"Love to," she said, moving to the front of the cell. At Chris' nod, the Huntresses deactivated and opened the cell, and Kelen stepped out. She walked with Chris and Alex. In an instant, probably, the Sith assassin could kill both of them; but she would die in the process. The Huntresses would see to that, them and their old cold minds.

Not like she especially wanted to kill them. It was simply part of her job to constantly be thinking about angles like this.

"You're mobilizing - I can sense it. Redeploying for defense, or moving to counterattack? Unless there are other factors I don't know about, like I said before, counterattacking is a very bad idea. If you leave it alone, you may be left alone. If you breach the borders of the Sith Empire, the whole thing could mobilize. And you'd end up with the Empress' command ship breathing down your neck."

Post by Red Dragon »

"Well, let me ask you this..." Ventured Rebecca, "What would your government do when another government attacks you without provocation, cause millions in damage, kills your people and steals your technology?" The answer was likely the same as what the SA planned. Chris then spoke. "It hardly matters if the whole Sith Empire joins in the fight or not, because there are plenty of others that would jump at the chance and reasoning to attack the whole Sith Empire. This little 'event' here could likely spark yet another galaxy wide war." Rebecca stopped and turned to face Kelen. "Which is why you are still with us and not having your mind turned to jelly by Anari interrogators. We believe you when you say you don't want this to become an all out war. And i have just enough pull with the higher up that if i believe in something, then they have to too."

She turned and started walking again. They entered a fairly nice room that was already set up with food, still steaming hot. The Huntresses stood guard inside near the door while the three other women sat down to eat. "We arranged for one of the shuttles from the star destroyer were disabled to be delivered here. I believe its called a sentinel class, I'm told its a solid long range vessel." Rebecca said between eating her food. "We are letting you go with the hope that you may be able to speed up what ever your friends have planned to end this before it gets out of hand."
--Serenity