Sith Empire: Parabellum Descant

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Re: Sith Empire: Parabellum Descant

Post by DarthYnoj » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:47 am

Resen smirked.''Well i suppose yes,but i am interested in the money i will have to pay for this share...''
http://starwarsexodus.blogspot.com/

STAR WARS EXODUS OFFICIAL BLOG

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:06 am

The Zabrak woman sighed. "How many times have I told you, Bornica - no talking business at the dinner table!"

The Baron Administrator shrugged and named a figure - quite a reasonable one, for ten percent of Cloud City, a major Galactic exporter of tibanna gas. Of course, it was a huge amount of money.

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:09 am

Resen glanced at him and smiled.''I am sure that i will be able to see into my accounts and find this money easily.But i must make a holotransmission to my accountnant secretary back on Ethein so please excuse me for some minutes.''As he took the leave from the Baron he exited the room and went of the building.There a short fat man waited him and was making Resen look even more tall and muscline.He smiled at the crook and placed some standart credits in his palm.

''The plan stands little thug...you are getting there take the ring from the lady and you are getting into this coordinates leaving it.I will make sure you will not be killed in your way you.I will be with them on the time you are stealing that ring i sent you on an image via my datapad moments ago.I want you to wait for some time though to let me get in talk more and then you will come to the show.Agreed?''As the thief shook his head and Resen got back in.

And there it was when Resen returned and keep the buisness talks with the Baron when then thief got in passed near the lady and stole the ring violently from her hand running to the door.''Do not alarm i will catch him i am the younger.''As Resen took of his coat and went behind him running leaving the Baron and his lady stunned.After some minutes Resen returned back with blood on his shirt.''There were more waiting him on an alley and i couldnt help the situation''Actually Resen had stubbed himself to make the hunt real.

The Baron was still shocked and the ring was in the place Resen knew and would take it from there while getting back to Velok.''I am sorry but our talks end now...i must go to my ship and return to Arda to heal my self...i will message you though the soonest i get bakc because i am still interested evn though the town is full with little crooks as i see.''As the Baron nodded and went back to his wife to make her come back from the shock.

At last Resen was back in the ship where Velok waited him and he smiled to his master.''My Lord,the ring....''As he kneeled before him and presented him with the stolen artifact not caring for his wounds...he was now learning to ingore pain...

(OOC Note-Beorht i coudnt figure a better way to make the job done hope you like it :P )

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:44 am

OOC/ Nice work!

IC/ Velok examined his apprentice's condition. Victorious but slightly injured. "DId you get those wounds because you compromised your cover? Does the Baron know that the Duke of Ethain and Arda stole his wife's ring?"

"No, my Lord."

"Well done indeed. Let's see here..." He took the ring.

"Ah, yes, a powerful talisman, and a worthy gift for a Sith Knight." The thick gold ring had a large ruby and was engraved with Sith hieroglyphs. "Rise." Velok handed it back to Resen as he stood. "This ring is yours now, my apprentice. You've achieved through cunning and guile what many Sith would have done through butchery or intimidation. You've come a long way from the boy who killed his soldiers. And that makes you worthy of being my apprentice, and of knowing my name.

"I'm not truly Torkan, member of the Dark Council. In truth, I am the most powerful Sith Master in the Sith'ari Centrality. My name is Velok. Darth Sarastro, the Dark Lord, is a close and trusted associate of mine, and a Master in his own right, but he is a figurehead. You'll never learn all my secrets, Resen, but you've just learned one that I have killed to protect. If you betray me, you'd better be sure to do it right, and you'd better be sure to destroy me. If you speak of this to anyone, ever, or think of it too hard in the presence of skilled mentalists like Darth Ahkris, Kelen Adwar, Empress Sirena or any of the Amphi-Hydrus, I'll murder you without a second thought.

"The ring, by the way, has a unique power, one that the Baron's wife was trying to control but failing. It's a ring of paralysis. If you focus your will hard enough in a certain way - this is how-" He showed Resen the specific Force technique he needed to use. "-if you do that, and touch someone, they will be paralyzed for an hour or so.

"Your next assignment is to disguise yourself and return to the Baron's wife, the Zabrak woman, Folai Sejanis. She is a minor, untrained Force adept but could be useful. I want her recruited, but she can never know that you are Resen Viper. And she can't know that she's being recruited to the Sith Empire. Tell her that you belong to a Sith cult called the Fire-born that is based on Celesta. Convince her to leave her husband, or kill him, or do whatever you need to do to get her approval and consent. Kidnapping her is not an option. I leave the methods up to you, but you cannot reveal that Duke Resen or the Sith Empire are involved in any way. Once you have her you will of course leave on a different ship, as Duke Resen arrived on this one. You must disguise your face and voice, as she's met you. Eventually she'll learn the truth, but your disguise must succeed for several months."

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Resen nodded and bowed to his master.''I shall not fail you Master Velok,i will do your bidding to the letter and will make your will due.I shall go now to my room and figure out a way to change me so she will not even think that she is speaking to the charmfull nobleman Duke Resen of Ethein.I will make sure to keep you fully updated on the matter via datapad my Lord,i will leave with one of her ships i suppose if i suceed on my mission and meet you at the place you want me to see you again on the time you wish.''

The young Sith Apprentice felt like he had took a promotion and entered Velok's inner circle while getting to his room but he knew that the powerfull Sith Master was a person to respect and do his will without many questions or familiarities.The door of his room closed behind him and he started thinking how to practially change himself from what the Baron's wife had saw.First of all though he put the ring into a safe place.

To change his clothes was not difficult.First of all he took all the blood from his body and went to take a bath.After arriving at the room he put on his Sith clothes and clicked his lightsabers on his belt.The noble clothes of Duke Resen Viper had gone back in the wardrope.Now he was the fearsome Sith he wanted to look like.

Next he had to make his face of another mans.He thought to left his to the shoulder hair fall to half of his face combed that way to cover half of his forehead and his right eye.He then took a black scarve and got it up from his neck to nose.He was ready to meet the lady but first he needed a nap.

Some hours have passed and Resen was in the balcony out of the Baron's wife room.The Adminstrator propably had gone to another meeting and made sure that she was alone.When he made sure that this was the situation Resen jumped in the room and greeted her.

''Hello hello girl.''He left the game play out from that moment.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Bespin

The Baron's wife, a woman in her late thirties, jumped. "I...I warn you, I'm armed." She darted for her nightstand and grabbed a little hold-out blaster. "Who are you and what do you want?"

Marrovia

"With the events on Mon Calamari and Arcanix over, the Centrality must continue to progress."

The council nodded. Deep under the shadows of his hood, Darth Sarastro licked his lips. They were chapped - too long on this dry world. He couldn't apply chapstick in front of the Dark Council. Not when he was their lord and ruler.

"Recovery of some battle debris from the chaos over Dac has yielded actionable intelligence about the origins of the Systems Alliance and their Colony Lasers." He'd been on the ship, the Ineluki, that fought the Colony Laser after the Charon took it. Pocket superweapons simply had to be investigated. As it happened, though, most of the information had come from Sarastro asking Velok, who asked his friend Farn Engel, one of the galaxy's top information brokers. Farn, in turn, had done some digging and returned with the location of the Systems Alliance and its worlds, hidden at the other end of the galaxy, well outside the reach of Empire or Republic.

A perfect target.

"This is not an invasion, but the opportunity to capture their unique technology cannot be ignored. Therefore, I am dispatching the Third Battle Group to strike at the Systems Alliance. Crossing Republic space without approaching major worlds will take some time. Reinforcements and supplies can be ferried in normal civilian traffic along trade routes, as well as Sith support. Know this, that whoever chooses to take the vanguard of this strike will earn glory and recognition, and a share in the spoils. There is risk; this is not for the timid. If you fail, depending on your circumstances, you may be disavowed or killed"

The Third Battle Group, composed largely of triangular ships like ISDs and older Venator-class Star Destroyers, made its way across the galaxy. It skimmed along the top, nearly a straight-line course but just at the ragged edge of the Republic. It crossed the silent gaps between spiral arms. It avoided significant Republic worlds and patrols.

At last it crossed into Wild Space, charted but not well explored. And there, about fifty parsecs from Thesstria, they found their staging base: a red dwarf star like hundreds of nearby others. A prefabricated supply depot was put in orbit around the dwarf star, and supply ships began to arrive in a thin trickle.

With that done, two Imperial Star Destroyers made a short hyperjump to another red dwarf, then jumped again, this time to the Imperium Star System. They exited hyperspace not far from Thesstria itself...

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Thesstria, a temperate planet dotted with large spectacular cities surrounded by lush forests and smaller town and communities. In space several space stations of various sizes can be seen. None seem to be dedicated defense platforms. Traffic is mainly around and between the planet and the stations, mostly small shuttle craft on unique make but nothing very spectacular. Larger ships, Corvettes and Frigates could be seen patrolling further out from the stations, but these ships were older Nebulon Frigates and Corellian CR90s. Scans would show they were modified but other then that standard core ward technologies.

When the Imperial Star Destroyers exited hyper space little changed in the net work of space craft flying around the stations. Though the thickness of the traffic was starting the lessen. The patrolling ships would start to move into a defensive formation. A communication from the lead ship was transmitted over an open channel meant for the Star Destroyers. "Unknown vessels, State your affiliation and business here. Comply." The voice was of a women, stern and forceful. Despite what she said was simple, she managed to say as a threat.

~~Tindalos-Class Deep space Station "Orion"~~

"Sir, section 34b sensors detected a breach in our boarders." The commanding officer raised a brow. "That's an route no one has taken before. Who do we have near there?" The was a brief pause as the tactical officer checked his records. "Kularis Flight E sir." The Commander nodded. "Get them on the horn." a few moments later the Commander of the flight was on screen. "Orion, we have received the signal was well. We are on our way to investigate." Orion's commander smiled. "Very good, keep us posted. I'm sure its just those smugglers that have been harassing us lately." The Flight commander shrugged. "They won't get away from us. Wish they learn that no one in this area of space would do business with them." The flight commander shook his head as he said that. Orion's commander nodded. "Well you'll just have to teach them a lesson. Happy hunting." They saluted and ended transmission.
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Resen gestured her to calm down by getting his hands in the air.''Calm down calm down you pretty face.I am not here to harm you you are already harmed enough today,i saw the news and i am here to make you feel better.

I am Drake Son.''As he approached her and got her sit in the edge of the bed and he went near her.He knew how difficult this was for a Sith,to play it nice,so he got near her with as much comparison he could give.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:22 pm

She blinked, and focused. Whatever she sensed made her relax and lower the blaster. A new sparkle came to her eyes, a flush to her cheeks. "Well then, I suppose that's another matter entirely, now isn't it...Drake?" She glanced at the door. "We won't be disturbed..."

Some time later, as she was buttoning up her shirt...

"So who are you, Drake? I don't think I've seen you around Cloud City before. Wandering? Travelling?"

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:52 am

Resen,now Drake smiled at her and hold her hand.One thing he had decided to use to make her his and suceed in his mission was his charm.

''I am a traveler and never had been to Cloud City before...infact i am gonna tell you something about me but please do not tell anyone neither start trembling from fear.I am a member of a Sith Cult called Fire-Born and our base in located on Celesta..please react calm i am not gonna harm you...''As he touched her hand again and smiled at her.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:52 am

If there was one thing calculated to attract the attention of Folai Sejanis, Zabrak wife of Baron Administrator Bornica'selkis, it was the word 'Sith'. She'd known what her ring could do, and she knew she had the Force in some limited way. She stretched out to it using all her passion, and felt the Force respond. She sensed Resen's Force abilities and gasped, then smiled.

"I, too, can use the Force. See?" She pointed and grunted, and the nightstand lifted a couple of inches off the floor. "But I've always wanted to meet a Sith. Tell me about these Fire-born. Where do you come from? What do you learn?" She shot another glance at the door. "And can you teach me?"

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:57 am

Resen smiled and knew that the game was going in the direction he wanted.

''Of course i can teach you to answer your last question first.I infact can take you with me and start teaching you about what i have learned in the circle of FireBorn.We are a Sith Cult formulated by a Dark Lord just after the civil war and as i said we are based on Celesta.We are learning from young age on the ways of the dark side of the force and we follow the iearchy all Siths do.We have masters and apprentices and so forth.''

Then he got near her touched her in the shoulder and kissed her in the cheek.''Infact you have the potential to join us.''

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:58 am

"I don't sense any deception from you," she said slowly, "but to leave with you? To go with you? This didn't happen by chance, did it. You came here to recruit me!"

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:02 am

Resen sighed and smiled.''Sweetie,i came here because i heard that you had a terrible experience before and you lost some of your belongings.Its all over Cloud City and infact i came here for a trip because we are in a break on the Cult teachings because i have reached a certain deegree.Nevertheless as the situation proceeded i liked whats on you and got you inside my deepest secret.''

He hug her now knowning it was no or never.''Come with me,leave everything behind and join if not the Cult...join with Drake.''

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:10 am

Alienated as she'd become from her husband in the months since she'd first obtained the ring, it was an easy decision. Even if Drake was younger than her, and even if he might not be able to provide for her like Bornica could - she couldn't be Baroness Folai anymore - the chance to learn the Force from a real live Sith was just too much.

"Of course I'll come with you! We'll take my husband's ship - the yacht in the east hangar! I just came back from Tibannopolis, so I'm still packed..." She went into a huge walk-in closet and procured a few bags. "Carry some of these, will you?"

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:14 am

Resen smiled at her and took the items she intructed in his hands.''Show me the way.''As he gave her another kiss.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:36 am

Giggling, the Baron Administrator's wife unlocked the door. They headed down through levels of the Baron's apartment; Folai paused at a few works of art, then shook her head and moved on. She ignored the servants. Probably not the wisest idea, she thought, but she was flying high.

They made their way to the docking bay, where two Cloud City guards and the Baron Administrator waited.

"Where are you going, Folai? Who is this?"

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:40 am

Resen knew that it had to be blood split in order to leave the planet.He didnt wanted to kill the Baron though but in second thought it would be a problem for him to be alive.

Resen took the girl behind his bank and force lighted the two guards now having the baron easily in his planet.''Leave now Baron and your life will be spared no more questions...''

''I am not leaving i want my wife you maniac!!''Resen then run onto him and slished him in the half.The thin twilek now was a two piece corpse and all that scene infort of his former now wife.Resen turned to her with rage but didnt took it out on her...

''We will go now my...love?''The scene was brutal and something more powerfull,fake though like everything else,had to be give from his side to hers.

(Beorht i had no chance but killing him.If he was alive they could hardly leave cloud city.You lead on now. ;) )

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 pm

OOC/ Hey, the option was on the table. :)

IC/ The shock of it paralyzed Folai for a few minutes; Resen had to lead her into the ship. But things were sorting themselves out in her head. She was a Darksider at heart, though she barely knew the word, and though she regretted Bornica's death she was getting past it with the sort of ease that spoke of a very stunted conscience. And she was already thinking how best to liquidate her husband's shares in the Cloud City...

"Joint banking," she said, bringing the ship's computer terminal online. "There'll be an inquiry into his death. I may get blamed for it, but before the accounts get frozen...there, it's started. I know his passwords and we have a joint bank account. But I also have a secret account on Manaan. Transferring everything to that account...there. And selling the family shares of Cloud City...Oh, look how fast that got snapped up.

"And just like that, I am a very rich woman again. Where to...Master?"

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:31 pm

Systems Alliance

The Sith Empire had the names and locations of most of the Systems Alliance planets, but nothing beyond that. The fleet commander had opted against using probes, for fear of tipping off the locals if their sensor tech proved up to the challenge. This, instead, was the probe. One of the Star Destroyers was a Mark One, Kinrath[/i], and the other a Mark Two, Ajunta Pall. The Pall's captain, a horned Elomin female named Selvik, moved forward with a glance at the Sith Knights standing at the side of the bridge.

"Ops, verify that we are not broadcasting IFF."

"Confirm that, ma'am, we are broadcasting no IFF."

"Do not reply to their transmission. Take us in. Target the nearest decent-sized space station. All they have is Neb-B's and smaller. We need to draw out their bigger guns, get an idea what we're dealing with. I want hyperjump solutions computed now - we all know what they brought to the party at Mon Cal. Launch three squadrons of Interceptors and order the Kinrath to do the same."

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Resen looked at her and smiled.

''Lets go to Manaan,i want to have you in a place you feel more like home.Celesta is more dangerous and you are new to the Cult and i am not so wanted there by some off-Cult people.Get us there...We must start your training the soonest.''As he gave her a kiss.Resen was hating what he was doing.He didnt like the girl but he had to play it nice so the mission was suceesfull,the only thing he was thinking was Velok's next orders which would arrive as they were landing he persumed.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:10 pm

~~Thesstria~~

"They have powered their weapons and are launching fighter craft!" The lead Frigate's tactical officer proclaimed. "They are moving into attack range." The Commander stood up barking orders. "Red alert, launch all fighters! Contact the Royal house and inform them of the situation. Alert the Systems Alliance!"

"Red alert from Thesstria defense fleet! Two Star destroyers are moving to engage them!" The stations commander nearly went pale. "That's what crossed the boarder!? Inform the Kularis flight!" He took a few leaps over to the tactical officers station. " Relay this information to high command. Contact any ships close enough to respond to head to Thesstria. Place all others on high alert."

~~Kularis Flight E~~

The flights commander stood up and addressed the rest of the flight. "Two unknown Star Destroyers have penetrated our boarders and are no positioning them selves to attack an element of the Imperium's Defense fleet. More ships are on their way but till they arrive we are the only reinforcements they will get." He looked around the bridge. "I can't think of a better way to brake in these new ships and show our resolve then this. Fight hard!"

The Flight of 8 Kularis frigates jumped into hyper space.

~~Thesstria~~

"All Specters launched ma'am! We are in firing range!" The fleet commander nodded. "Fire!"

The Imperium's fleet element together nearly matched the fire power of both star destroyers, but that was hardly an advantage. For the moment they combined their fire power onto the lead ISD, pouring turbolaser, ion cannon and missiles into the larger ship. The fleets fighter elements were short a squadron to be a one on one fight, the tie pilots would soon find out that their shields would mean little to nothing to the weapons systems found on the Specters. Though they were faster then the specters they would find both craft were just as maneuverable.

As the fighters closed in on each others the specters lashed out first with their Particle Beam Cannons, not as powerful as whats found on larger ships but still more then capable of dropping a enemy fighter out of the sky.
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Thesstria

"What are those fighters?"

"A good but unexceptional space superiority fighter...but those weapons are particle beams and autocannons."

"Good thing we've got particle shields as standard on those Interceptors, then, or they'd be shredding us."

"Yes, ma'am. To be fair, they're still shredding us, when they can catch us. It's not like shields on our Interceptors are that heavy. We rely on speed and maneuverability. Those particle beams are the same kinds they used at Mon Calamari."

"Good." Captain Selvik leaned forward. "We want samples. We've had our tractor beam operators practicing for some time now. Turn them loose. Launch two squadrons of Assault Gunboats, have them use their ion cannons to disable some starfighters. Tractor beam operators, pull them in."

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Manaan

Folai pressured 'Drake' for training all the way to Manaan. When she got there, she checked them into a very nice room at the best hotel in town. Ahto City, the only city on the waterworld, was all one metal construct. Fluid curves and pearlescent metals gave the whole city the same aesthetic. Their room was quite near some of the more important parts of town - the high court, the Republic offices, and so forth.

A couple of days after they arrived, Velok messaged Resen on his private comm. Folai wasn't cleared to know about Torkan and the Sith Empire yet, let alone Velok or None Whatsoever. Resen didn't even know the name None Whatsoever yet.

Resen-

There is an ancient Force tradition called the Order, or the [Order of Shasa, which was founded on Manaan by the native Selkath who you see everywhere. Most of them died or were relocated by the Empire. However, I believe there is a former Order member, who used to work for the Empire, hiding in Ahto City. His name is Fewmets. He is an old Selkath, probably a Darksider. Your mission is to get a journal in his possession. I don't care if you kill him, recruit him, or avoid him. Fewmets is unimportant. The journal is everything.

Start by using Folai's contacts to get an invitation to the Tidal Gala. Fewmets may attend.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:47 pm

~~Thesstria~~

"Ma'am, A flight of Kularis are inbound. Also a number of Freedom Combat shuttles have been dispatch from the nearest ground base, they intend to aid our fighter craft." The Anari Commander nodded with approval. This battle doesn't seem to have any real objectives. They are just attacking us. Perhaps they are merely testing our strength... The Commander thought then after a further moment of consideration looked over to the tactical officer. "Call for a Huntress. If we can't figure out whole they are visually, maybe we can pull the information from the mind of some one on those ships... Also have shooting solutions for those Kularis Frigates ready and sent the moment they exit hyper space!"

The Specter squadrons were already having a time keeping up the pace. When they saw the star wings heading their way well it put a bit of a damper on moral. "Green leader, more hostile inbound."

"I see them, form up by twos and play it defensively, Help is on the way. Lets be here to greet them."

The specters noticeably changed tactics. It was proving to be harder for the hostiles to get a solid striking tone, but not imposable. Those who concentrated to hard would be attacked by their targets wing man or another flight passing by. It all seemed to slow down, till the star wings came in ion cannons blasting. Things picked up into a hurried paced again and the odds were now stacked heavily on the Anari pilots.

In the distance, rocketing from the planet, four new ships could be seen. The Freedom combat shuttles from a ground base. They had boosters attached that ensured they would get to the battle in a timely manner. The moment the got close to striking range those booster would be discarded and the heavily armed shuttles would add their fire power.
--Serenity

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:30 pm

There were plenty of small, weak ships, but the rate of Star Destroyer shield loss was at an acceptable rate. Barely. It reminded Captain Selvik of a time she'd seen barbarian Elom hunters swarm a far bigger predator. They lost many, but they took down the interloper eventually. She had no desire for her ships to be hamstrung.

"The enemy interceptors are more maneuverable than the gunboats, Captain," reported the wing commander.

"I'm aware of that. Report as soon as some are disabled."

"We had one a moment ago, ma'am, but the pilot ejected and it self-destructed on its way to us."

She slammed her fist into her palm. "They have self-destructs that work even after being disabled? I don't want those pieces of dren making a mess of my hangar bays. We'll settle for anything floating dead in space that hasn't self-destructed already. But only if there aren't any life signs. Instruct the gunboats to return to full lethality and leave off the ion cannons except at their discretion. Inform the tractor beams to ignore disabled ships and focus on damaged, lifeless ships or even parts of ships. If the back half of a starfighter is out there, I want it."

"We do have some of those already, ma'am."

"I don't like the look of those shuttles boosting up from the surface. Do we have a free squadron of Interceptors?"

"Negative, ma'am - all launched forces are fully committed. We have bombers in reserve."

"Let's hold them in reserve for now. Let's try some ranged shots. Forward turbolaser batteries three and four, calculate extreme range fire on those incoming shuttles or strike craft." It was a long shot, literally, but a solid hit from even a dissipated turbolaser or ion cannon blast could shred any ship that size. Connecting, of course, would be the issue.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:01 pm

~~Thesstria~~

The long range fire from the destroyer reached out to the combat shuttles, most of the shots were wide but one lucky shot grazed one of the ships sending it spiraling off. The remaining three began maneuvering erratically. They soon reached the cloud of star fighters and brought their beam weapons down on the TIE interceptors and star wings. They wouldn't have to worry about the destroyers firing at them now, unless they didn't care about their own fighter wings.

Three of the Imperium's ships were heavily damaged, another destroyed. It wasn't looking too good for the Fleet element. Every turbolaser silenced meant the longer it would take to bring down the larger ships shields. Which meant the long both the destroyers had to reduce their numbers even more. It was a losing battle if the Destroyers were committed to assaulting the planet and stayed even if the one destroyers shields were brought down. Thought they would have to contend with the remaining Imperium fleet that would certainly mobilize to retake Thesstria space.

But that would have been the events before the Imperium joined the Systems Alliance. Now, they knew that this wasn't a fight to the death, but a delaying action. Keep these invaders attention on them while reinforcements charged in behind them. If it went well the cross fire would spell doom for these Destroyers.

"Huntress reporting!" The Fleet elements Commander looked to her right and was fairly impressed with who she saw. One of their more seasoned Huntresses had stayed behind instead of taking a fighter out with the others. "Can you reach the minds of those on the hostile ships?" The Huntress nodded. "I feel them now, they are focused as much as we are in this fight. There are powerful being on those ships as well." The commander looked out to the Destroyers a little more worried then she was before. "Find out who they are."

The Huntress stood heel to heel, clasping her hands in a unique fashion and raised them to her lowered forehead. She reached out to the Star Destroyer closest, brushing against the minds of the hostiles on board. Some were focused in there duties their mind in over drives. Not so easy a target. She wanted someone who wasn't paying much attention, some one board who would be surprised by her touch and thus lose all defense for even a moment. A moment is all she needed to pull their identity from the mind.
--Serenity

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Thesstria

And a mind found the Huntress as she searched...

You want to know who we are, yes?

Kelen Adwar, one of the Centrality's most powerful Knights and accomplished mentalists, shivered as she felt the old, cold mind of the Anari Huntress. She'd been trained by some of the very best mentalists in the galaxy - Ahkris of the Dark Council and Siriss Cortann of the Cult of Shadow. She knew what she was doing, but a mind as old as the Huntress could have all manner of tricks.

We're Sith Empire. There. Simple enough. Now leave my people alone, or you and I will have words, old one.

Elsewhere, Captain Selvik grimaced as shields on the Ajunta Pall dropped below 2o%. Though the rate of incoming fire was dropping, it was clear that this battle would not be without damage. And she'd really rather be without damage. This far from drydock, damage could mean being sidelined or given less productive assignments, regardless of her success in this mission.

"Salvage report?"

"We have two mostly-intact fighters and several pieces, Captain. Others self-destructed; bomb-disposal crews have verified these ones safe."

A drop in the bucket, barely enough to cover operating costs. All the task force had to do was hold out without major damage until the Systems Alliance reinforcements arrived. Then they could analyze numbers and incoming vector, and all manner of other useful data.

"Pull back the reserve bombers. We're not staying that long. How are hyperjump preparations?"

"Jumps calculated."

She would wait to recall the fighters and jump away until the reinforcement fleet arrived.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 pm

~~Thesstria~~

The Huntress pulled away, back to her body. "Sith Empire" The Fleet element Commander knew the name Sith, but that was about it. Still this knowledge was critical, and would likely prove useful in the time to come. "Good work, remain on station please." The Huntress did as she was told. Though the meeting of a Sith's mind like that was new to her. She would need to meditate on what she felt at a later time.

Nearly directly behind the star destroyers, arrived the flight of Kularis frigates at a slight angle. They had roughly came from the point the Destroyers crossed the boarder. Immediately the massive armored hatches opened and the frigates launchers a massive barrage of missiles at the destroyer the Imperium ships had been pounding into. They also opened their launch pods, each of them dropped six Ghosts which in turned accelerated at a brake neck speeds heading for the destroyer's belly bay.

After the first barrage the Kularis frigates maintained a staggered firing rate, there was a constant stream of missiles and sustained beam fire reaching out to the star destroyer. In the distance other ships started to appear. A Ra Cailum-class Mobile Battleship with its escort of three Clop-class Heavy Cruisers exited hyper space and started moving in. They too launcher fighters, though they were fired off the catapults, nearly doubling the speed of their specters to get them into combat faster. The added thrust from the catapults would fade over time but they would make full use of it till they needed to began maneuvering.
--Serenity

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:07 am

Resen was meditating alone in his chamber,a self made chamber he had built in the room,and interrupted his meditation after he saw the message by Velok.He smiled to see that he had another mission placed.

Some days had passed already and had teach Folai some sith techiques and skills but not inportant things.He tried to get her in the impression they had a romance though using his charmness and smile often.The same weapons he would continue to use until the end of the mission.

He reached the girl in the bed exiting his chamber and smiled at her.''Folai my sweet girl can you get us to the Tidal Gala?''She nodded at him and he smiled.

''Well i cant wait to be there then''He leaned closer and kissed her.

(OOC Note-Beorht get them to the gala if you want ;) let the mission play out hehe.)

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Thesstria

"Hyperspace reversions. Eight frigates inbound directly aft. Firing - shields down, Captain."

"Kinrath reports shields at ten percent."

"Recall all fighters."

"More reversions, four larger capital ships at range. They are launching fighters."

The Star Wing gunboats and the shielded TIEs disengaged from the dogfight and returned to the hangars. This provided a target rich zone for the incoming Ghosts...but also provided plenty of willing pilots to take a stab at the Ghosts. And this close in, the Star Destroyers' laser cannons began chewing away at the assault craft, providing cover for the withdrawing fighters. Disengaging from a dogfight is always difficult, after all.

Selvik spat an Elomin curse. The fighters had taken moderate losses - quite a bit heavier than she would have liked - though the Ajunta Pall's armour was still holding. A secondary engine shut down so as not to exacerbate the problem from the damage it was taking. The Kinrath's shields flickered and died, and particle beams bit chunks out of its armour. "Make the jump."

The two Star Destroyers jumped away, straight up relative to the plane of the system. It wasn't the vector they'd come from. No, that general direction had been used by some of the reinforcements, and their sensor data had two vectors for major Systems Alliance incursions. They could trace those back to worlds and get a better idea of SA fleet dispositions. So this wasn't a total loss. Pity those mobile battlesuits hadn't shown up.

Manaan

What Resen considered to be crumbs, Folai grabbed onto and learned at a voracious pace. She was a quick student - Velok had picked her well. After several days of learning about the Force and partaking in this new whirlwind romance, Folai was flying high. The idea of wearing her jewels and a gown to one of the most exclusive events on Manaan only put icing on the cake. By this point, she'd seen his face and knew he was the same person as Resen Viper. It would be impossible for her not to know. But she didn't mind; in fact, the deception amused her, though she wasn't sure whether Drake or Resen was the real person. A manipulative person herself, she understood that she was probably being manipulated, and loved it for the moment, though Drake's insistance on calling her 'girl' was wearing thin - she was older than him, after all.

They showed up several days later. Folai wore black shimmersilk, diamonds and silver. A huge ballroom was filled with Republic and Imperial diplomats and important Selkath from kolto companies and the highest levels of government. The Selkath were making a special effort to be nice.

"Problem," she said through a shining grin. "All the Selkath look alike to me, and I've spent a lot of time on this world. At least I can speak the language - that should open some doors. Do your mysterious sources say what Fewmets looks like?"

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:06 pm

~~Thesstria~~

The Ghosts were making a run to dive into the large hanger of the destroyer and cause all kinds of hell, luck would have it that the hostile fighters would head them off. Then just as they recovered their fighters the star destroyers lifted their front sections up and accelerated into hyper space. "Track them! Recover the Ghosts and be ready to follow them! Contact Orion and inform them of the rout they took to get out of the system."

The Ghost fighter craft quickly returned to their ships, expertly assumed their pick up positions lined up in front. Out from the pods grapple arms extended and grabbed the fighters. As fast as they has reached out to grab them they retracted back in with the fighters. The Kularis flight commander waited for the projections on where the destroyer may exit hyper space to make another jump. Time was a major factor in this, they had already wounded one of the ships. Maybe that would slow them down. He looked out the view port watching as more ships arrived, Imperium ships, more core ward types of vessels. Coming at them was the Ra Cailum and its escorts, they would be joining in the hunt.

Orion's Commander slammed his fist into his other hand. "Sith Empire huh? Those are one of the new ones added to the Threat list after the battle at Dac..." The commander brought up the information they had and his eye immediately widened. "They are a long way from home! Oh man... These are a nasty bunch..." The comm officer turned to the commander. "Sir, the entire Systems Alliance is on alert for them now. Fleet elements are searching for the two Star destroyers as well as tightening up all over SA space. Our new orders are as follows." He turned back to his station to read it word for word. "We are charged to trace the enemies entry point back to where they may have a staging point. We are not to attack but to observe and learn of their fighting strength."

The commander's shoulders sagged. "Oh yeah, that will be fun. Let me just pull a stealth ship out of my ass and send it on its way..." Some of the command staff turned to look at the commander. "What? Get back to work!" They turned back, some snickering others shaking their heads. The Commander thought for a bit and turned to the tactical officer. "Those nebulon ships have powerful sensors don't they?" He nodded. "Older then some of the newer stuff found core ward but just as good. Its one of the roles those ships served as, recon that is." The Commander turned back forward in his seat and brought up some data on the ships. "Contact the Imperium, tell them we need to barrow a ship."
--Serenity

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:54 am

Resen looked around and tried to bring in his mind the details that Resen had gave him.After some of thinking he turned back to face Folai.

''He must be a rather old one so if you can say which Selkath is old and which not would be good to eliminate some of them from the mix.Other than this i was informd that he has a scar on his right cheek.Nothing more though...i trust you can spot him though...''

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Manaan

Folai nodded. "I'll treat it as a test then..."

She wandered around the room, greeting those she knew and surreptitiously examining those she didn't - but such watchfulness was expected in high society. Everyone had to know everyone.

At last she'd narrowed the list down to three Selkath, all of a certain age. Two had high facial scars; the third had a lip tendril missing and a long scar across his jaw. He looked like a warrior. She focused on the Dark Side, on her resentment for her dead husband and all those who'd ever wronged her, and tried to see. She couldn't tell if he was the one, so she focused harder.

Across the ballroom floor, another of the three Selkath raised his head, and she felt a hint of an old, cold mind. She drew back, letting go of her anger, and walked around the edge of the room to rejoin Drake. "That's him," she said, "and if I can read Selkath expressions at all, he's angry. He's the one coming this way."

White dwarf star, 13 parsecs from Thesstria

This star, like the one that hid the temporary Sith base, was a barren one, useful as a navigation marker because some long-dead explorer had used it as a waypoint. The two Star Destroyers exited hyperspace. The Pall's shield generators had suffered some damage in the few minutes the shields were down, but techs were confident they could get one of the two main generators running soon.

"Recalculate. Prepare to jump to base point." Obviously neither their incoming nor their outgoing vector, wildly different as they were, led straight to the place where the rest of the Centrality fleet waited.

"Captain! Reversions! It's the enemy, ma'am, in strength."

Selvik bit back a curse. "What kind of strength?"

"The frigate detachment, the battleship and its escorts."

"Pull up a star map! Flat-plane with us, the star and the enemy!" I will not call for help. I will not. A Star Destroyer flotilla does not do that.

----------------------------------
--------SA-----------------------
------------------O--------------
----------SC---------------------

The little Systems Alliance ships had disproportionately powerful shields, but the Kinrath had sixty huge XX-9 turbolasers and sixty more capital-grade ion cannons, and its shields were operational again. The Ajunta Pall had fifty heavy batteries, with fifty cannons on top of that. Mercifully, though the Systems Alliance had guessed the right star along the Centrality ships' escape vector, they'd still entered the white dwarf's system quite some distance from the star destroyers. Selvik had more than enough time to do some minor repairs, reorient, and so forth.

Making a stand was obviously not an option. There were eight enemy capital ships, and the two Star Destroyers could have a hope against them, but sooner or later she needed to run.

She hesitated...and then at her side, speaking low into her ear, was a tall black woman in a long tan coat, the uniform of the Central Command Operatives. The Centrality's Sith.

"Captain Selvik," said Kelen Adwar, "we're available as a resource. I have two Amphi-Hydrus mentalists and assorted others. Between myself and the other mentalists we should be able to make a broadband illusion work for some time. Their Forcers will likely take a little time to realize it's an illusion. It might buy you a few minutes, but it will only work once."

Selvik nodded. "Thank you, Lady Anwar."

"Operative will do. Or Kelen." The black woman was one of the two leaders of the CCOs, making her probably the Centrality's most powerful Knight. That she was willing to cede command authority to Selvik, even or especially at a moment of crisis, said a lot about her and the system she'd helped put in place. The mere fact that she now had options straightened Selvik's backbone. "It would help if we knew in advance the sort of illusion we need to prepare..."

Selvik told her. Kelen nodded. "When you give the order, we'll be ready."

"Helm, set us a course on vector..." She consulted a datapad, crunched some quick physics numbers, and read out the vector. Tactical wisdom suggested staying farther away from the star than the enemy, farther out of the gravity well so that the enemy had to go 'uphill' to engage. The star was almost between the two fleets, so even by taking that route she wouldn't be presenting her ships' aft ends to incoming fire. By diving at full speed into the gravity well, the Centrality fleet could gain added momentum and get there first, just barely. The enemy ships were faster, but the numbers worked. Furthermore, the SA commander might hesitate to commit to the same dive, cautious of being faked out. He might commit his starfighters to cut them off.

The new course was laid in; it would take the Centrality destroyers towards the near side of the white dwarf. The Kinrath was above the Pall, like two blades stacked on top of each other; it would allow a strong double broadside.

--------SA-----------------------
------------------O--------------
--------------/-------------------
------------/---------------------
----------SC---------------------
Last edited by Beorht on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:23 pm

The old Neimoidian was coming into Resen's way and ''Drake'' didnt knew why he was pissed off.He didnt want to commit a massacre inside the ball room so he wanted to first speak with him and then get him into a more alone place to take the diary which he was sure he carried with him.

''Can i help you sir?''He said when the Selkath was just meters from him and Folai.Resen might was wearing the clothes of the Duke and Baron of Ethein but he had his lightsabers under it.But he wanted to act cunningly.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:26 pm

The old Selkath spoke Basic, but in a gurgling, choking voice. Not many Selkath spoke that language, and even fewer spoke it colloquially. "Don't play games with me, boy," he gurgle-growled. "I sensed the woman here using the Dark. And you were both looking at me. You're Imperials, here to take me back, and you can rest assured I'll kill everyone here before I go back to the Empire."

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Resen smiled at him and tried to calm him down.''Listen carefully,we are not Imperials and not Dark Siders,we are here just for vacation and we are noblemen with powerfull friends so whats your language.''

The Selkath made even more noise after this and everyone in the ball room started looking at those 3.Then Resen knew he had not another way.He used the stealth move Velok had teached him merely and he could use it for some meters.Immediatly he and Folai were outside carring the old Selkath with force telekinisis.

One they were near their ship Resen knew he had to kill him here quietly and then depart.''She knew you were the one we were looking for so give the diary now and your life...will be spared.''

The Selkath broke his bonds of teleknisis finally and attempted to attack Resen but he was too powerfull for him and he was too old for the...''boy''.Finally the scene was buried in blood as the Selkath was lying dead slaughtered like a real ship from the predator and Resen had the diary in his hads.

He and Folai returned to their ship and Resen got near her while they wer boarding in.''You did a great job back there...it is good i was Drake and you were Folai but not the wife of Bornia for our public identities.We must now depart but i shall contact my master first...you relax..''And Resen gave her a more passionate kiss than he did the other times and he didnt even tought why he did that.

''My Master,i got what you wanted and carried out your bidding.''He said as he opened the holoprojector to see Velok and he kneeled with his head down.''The diary is in my possecion and i am on the ship ready to depart Maanan for my next duty my master...i am at your disposal Dark Lord Velok...''

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Manaan

"You're on your ship ready to depart? Ahto City is very closed, very insular. And there are security cameras everywhere except the docking bay, to keep the peace. I've been monitoring you on those cameras, Resen. Yes, I'm here on Manaan. Don't worry - nobody noticed you yank him out of the gala by the Force; your stealth techniques won't matter to someone far away watching a holocam. But they'll notice soon enough that he's missing, look for him on the cameras, find out that Fewmets died while standing right beside you, and-"

BAM. BAM. BAM.

"And that is the Selkath authourities knocking on your hull. They have found the body and called for backup."

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:06 am

Resen turned off the holoprojector after saying something briefly to his Master.''I will be back my Lord.I have a plan.''

He run to the entrance of the ship to find Folai before she opened the door.

''Folai!Stop..wait!I have a plan.When you open i will use my mind control technique and get them away.For our good luck neither Resen Viper or Folai is responsible for all this for the police and our public identities are clear.Now open!''

And so she did and the 2 Selkaths burst in the ship and got the woman in the side.Then Resen got before them and before they could speak he moved his hand to their face and spoke.

''We are innocent and you will now get down and leave us go...''

''You are innocent and we will now get down and leave you...''The Selkaths were weak minded apparently and Resen's plan worked.He didnt knew to use mind tricks good but it showned that they were so idiots that his poor abilities in this sector helped him and they closed the door behind them.

''This gave us some time before they can get back to their HDs and resent them here i will have spek with my master wait here..my love...''Resen thought this word while he was heading for the chamber and the holoprojector to contact Velok.No way he was in love with her but way he wanted to be so persuave?

''My lord i gained some time but i need to know what you want me to do now..i am handling the situation with the last drop of blood i can and i try to save my public identity and now i am in your disposal...''He didnt wanted to be weak and ask help but he wanted an order from Velok as the Mustafar borned Dark Lord re appeared in the 1 meter approximately hologram.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:12 am

"Take off, now. You have no choice but to leave Manaan immediately. The Selkath are strict and orderly, and will be after you again soon. Fewmets may not have been the only survivor of the Order of Shasa. Other Selkath Darksiders could be after you as we speak, and they will be stronger than Fewmets. He was old and tired; these are his students and his sons. You could have handled that with more delicacy, but if you have the journal and Fewmets is removed as a variable, that's all that matters.

"Go to Bothan space, to the world of Kothlis. On an island chain there, in a city, is-"
Velok broke off. "They moved too fast. Your docking bay is sealed and police are at the door. There is a place where you could be safe, a starship hidden underwater near the floating city. It's a small transport, due east of where you are. You will have to fight your way out past the police, keeping Folai safe. Give her a weapon. This will be a good test for her. Once you get to the edge of the city, you have to jump off into the water and swim underwater to the ship. An airlock will be open for you. You must be quick: Selkath can swim much faster than you. There is no guarantee you will survive this, Resen. Go. Now."