The Jedi Temple: Shattered

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Re: The Jedi Temple: Shattered

Post by Halomek » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Sigarr stood with a grunt after Faye finished speaking. “Well, if that’s the case, I suppose I’d better inform Master Daer’Gunn to place you under arrest.”

Faye finally looked at him with an expression that showed she wasn’t amused.

Sigarr wasn’t intimidated. He simply raised an eyebrow pointedly. “I’ll stop making ridiculous statements when you do, Master Ward. How could any of this possibly be your fault?”

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:28 pm

"Cryptic indeed," Devon smiled, he had a solid idea of who the HE was, "I suspect you will find him with his wife at the field hospital if he was not here. If he were you would know him simply by the fact that he's one of teh few men I've met that makes me feel short."

The younger woman seemed surprised at first and then nodded and headed towards the nearby medical pavilions. Devon watched her go and then brought his arm up and activated the small holo-communicator built into the right hand gauntlet, the message qued from the central hyper-comm on-board the ship in orbit and then began playback, he was surprised to find Jonji Fawkes starting him in the face,

"Master Vos, the business I was tied up with has yielded some unwelcome information, I understand that Jola is currently it would probably be best if both of you make your way here to Agramar as soon as possible. We have a situation here that is in dire need of her particular talents."

With that the message ended,

"Speaking of cryptic." Jola added with just a touch of her old sarcasm seeping back into her voice, What was it that he was investigating?"

"He didn't say but if it's yielded something he feels needs our special talents... well there's only one subject that I can think of that would qualify."

"Fo..." Kali started to answer but was hushed by her mother, she rolled her eyes, "He who shall not be spoken of..."

"Tall dark and oily." Darien added.

Kali screwed up her face, "Ewww... thanks for the mental!"

Darien laughed and Devon found he had to chuckle a bit himself, "Ok, so what's our status Dr. Vos?"

"All of the critical patients are out of surgery and we've been moving the rest to the Med-star ships and facilities. They'll be in the process of re-sterilizing all the bays now."

"I assume they don't need you to supervise?"

"Hardly."

"Good, Darien, Kali help your mum get her things and the two of you meet me at the Defender's shuttle landing. I'm going to follow Zora and make my farewells. We're all going to be on the next shuttle up. Looks like your kids are finally going to get to meet the Queen."

"Queen?" Darien questioned.

"Queen!" Kali practically squealed and Darien rolled his eyes.

As the three of them moved off Devon shook his head and touched the Force, it wasn't hard to find his old friend, he turned and trotted off at a reasonable clip in the direction he felt the man...

OOC: Shag, Zora should find you first, once she delivers the message Devon can show up and deliver his...

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:06 pm

"My teachings, my knowledge were used in this attack," she said quietly, averting her eyes again, "I carry as much responsibility as the one who wielded them."

Sigarr raised an eyebrow at that. He had a feeling he knew where this was going but he asked for clarification anyway. "Mind explaining that," he asked her, "Maybe with a little more detail."

Faye's body tensed and she hunched her shoulders. She hated to admit it to herself as much as she hated to say it but she couldn't hide from the truth. "A pupil of mine was involved in the attack. A woman I thought of as a sister, but she--," the words caught her in throat and she unable to finish what she was saying. Finally, she shook her head and said, "It doesn't matter, I was the one who trained her. The lives she took she took with the knowledge I gave her."

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:19 am

“I suppose you taught her to bombard the temple from orbit?” Sigarr suggested. “Or perhaps you told her it would be a good idea to attack her fellow Jedi?”

He paused just long enough to get Faye to look at him again.

“No?” he asked innocently as he continued. “You didn’t tell her to betray all the principles she had been taught? Really? Well, how about that… It’s almost like she’s the one responsible for her actions and not you.”

Getting a little more serious, Sigarr knelt down next to her again and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder as he looked into her eyes. “Master Ward… Faye… What your pupil did was horrible, there’s no debating that, but you are not the cause of this. You only gave her the tools, she’s the one who misused them. If you hadn’t taught her, someone else would have and then they could feel misplaced guilt.”

He sat down and sighed. “I can relate, after a certain fashion. REC sells mostly weapons of war. My intention is, of course, to help the Republic make this galaxy a safer and better place, but once those weapons of mine are sold, I have no control over how they’re used. I don’t like the idea of some warmonger officer using REC products to commit a war crime, but that’s the price of freedom. It means people are free to make their own actions; good or bad.”

“Justice, on the other hand,” he continued with a bit of a smile, “means that we hold those people accountable for their terrible actions. That same REC tech the warmonger uses to create trouble is the also what the Republic can use to take him down. Just like the same techniques you taught your former pupil is what you can use to take her down. She betrayed and stole from you, Faye, she didn’t follow you. She did this on her own. You didn’t help her in the slightest.”

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:44 am

"No," Faye cried, shrugging his hand off her shoulder and getting to her feet. She walked away a couple of steps, her back to Sigarr. "I should have seen it, I should have known! She was having nightmares, doubts. I knew that and yet I encouraged her to find her own way. I was foolish!"

She finally turned back to look at Sigarr, tears on the verge of falling from her eyes. "I should have done something back then but instead I turned her loose on the galaxy. I shaped her into a weapon then let her fall into darkness!"

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:40 am

ooc> Guys this was Mir writing this thank him for the awesome job!

Ic>

Two Hours before the Onderon Memorial Service

They had built a pyre. In one of the traditions of the Jedi Order they would burn what remains that they had, so that those who had been a part of the Jedi Order would have a fitting tribute as they were remembered and memorialized. It had been decided that the pyre would be for those who had been ranking Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters and who had been identified. There were going to be burials for the padawans and those who had not been Force sensitive, as per Master Daer’Gunn’s request. A large area had been cleared and set aside for the pyre and for the burial area. Already the preparations were being made for one, unified, memorial service. Daer’Gunn was going to speak at the service and as the designated time approached, everyone on Onderon, except for mission critical and essential personnel, started to drift towards the area.

The pyre itself was large, built from various materials that had been in the area. Since Onderon had a plentiful supplies of trees and suitable material, it hadn’t been too hard to find everything that was needed. The Force was a powerful ally and the construction of the pyre hadn’t taken that long.

Word had been spread of the memorial service. Already GNN, Skye News Network and a few others had been contacted about having reporters and coverage of the service. One of the ranking Jedi who had led the exodus from the Temple before the attack had taken place, Jana Dophi had returned. The Jedi Librarian had been put in charge of navigating the waters of the news networks and coordinating everything, something that, given her ability to manage the Jedi Archives, seemed suitable for her. Definitely it had been something that for her, gave her some happiness considering everything that had happened to her so recently. The one word that she had stressed over and over to the networks that had wanted to be a part of this memorial service had been respect.

No matter what, respect would be given to those who had fallen, whether or not one agreed with the Jedi, liked the Jedi or even cared about the Jedi. These were beings and in their deaths they deserved respect.

As such, the placement of the holocameras had been an agonized over point. Careful preparations had been made to give the networks the angles that they required, but at the same time, leaving the beauty of the service untouched. It was to be a simple service. If there was one thing that was known about Master Daer’Gunn, the warrior Jedi was a simple man, with simple tastes. Ostentatious displays were not his stock in trade by far. The theme of the memorial service had been simple. Speak the words that needed to be spoken and then once more, let the Jedi go about their business.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Onderon Memorial Service

The service had started.

There weren’t enough seats for everyone, a testament to the devastation, and the work that needed to be done, but for the people in attendance, that didn’t seem to matter. Many stood, all looking up at the funeral pyre that had been constructed. It was roughly thirty feet high, and there had been a number of small containers of fuel and oil incorporated in order to help the pyre light up. Behind the pyre were a number of burial plots, each with a designated marker. More permanent markers and headstones would be placed there later, but for now, the Jedi were going with what they could with the time and resources that they had available.

Daer’Gunn stood in front of a small podium that had been created out of some of the rubble. Someone, somewhere, had found a flag that held the Jedi Order’s crest. It had been a deep, cobalt blue, with the Jedi Order’s crest in black with a white outline around the crest. Ragged and torn, there were holes in the flag. Some would have thought it unsuitable, but to Daer’Gunn, it was symbolic, perfect in it’s own way. He had draped it in front of the podium. A few microphones had been set up to help project his voice and to record his words for the networks.

He stood in front of the podium, and watched as everyone watched him. Millions, if not billions of beings more watched around the galaxy, and more importantly, the enemies of the Jedi Order would be watching too.

Taking a deep breath, Daer’Gunn spoke.

“I would like to welcome you all, to the Memorial Service for the Jedi lost during a vicious attack only a short while ago on the Temple here at Onderon. As many of you know, the Jedi Order was suddenly and deliberately attacked by unknown forces wielding powerful tools of death and destruction. We do not know who our assailants were, just that they wished harm upon the Jedi Order. These are troubling times for the Jedi Order and for the entire galaxy. There’s a battle raging above the peaceful waters of the planet Dac as we speak, that could very well impact the galaxy in a way that we’ve never seen before. There are forces at work that spread evil and it’s vile message throughout the far reaches of the galaxy always. What can you do when faced with these things?”

Daer’Gunn paused, looking down for a moment at the words that he’d prepared. “We have only two options. The first is to sit idle, to let it all pass by us and do nothing. This as you would suspect, is an easy choice. It’s not hard to do, to let others be hurt and you not lift a digit to help. Others suffer, and eventually, when you are the only one left, you too suffer. There is pain, there is hardship, and there is, quite often, death.”

“The other option is to stand and fight. It is a difficult choice. It requires courage, something that many of us struggle to find within ourselves. I fight this struggle, everyday. But I have a calling that requires me to rise above myself, to rise above my shortcomings and my failures to be a beacon for those around me to look to and to use as an example. That is the calling of a Jedi. That is the calling that many of you here have.” Daer’Gunn said. His eyes, which had been traveling over the crowd, now looked directly into the holocameras.

“Many of you around the galaxy are asking yourselves, ‘What about me? I have no connection to the Force.’ My answer is that you too, have the same calling, simply by being a member of this great galaxy. If you want to see change and good come about, you need to be that change and be that good that you wish to see. Sivter, Damascus, Croft. Kormoron, Vader and Palpatine. These men and many more like them became the change that they wanted to see in the galaxy. Hearts of darkness brought forth visions of darkness which brought forth realities of darkness. They made a choice and all of us have the same choice. We can become weaker because of this attack, or we can become stronger. We will become stronger, because that is the only choice we have.” He said. Daer’Gunn’s eyes drifted back to the crowd of Jedi and people who were present.

“I ask myself whether or not the vigilance that we must have, whether or not there is a need for a ferocity, an aggressiveness that can match that which is shown to us. As much as it is needed, it can never reach the same level. That is what makes us different. There is no blinking to the fact that our Jedi Order, our Jedi, our galaxy are in grave danger. No matter how long it may take us to overcome this act, the Jedi will win through to absolute victory. We will do so, however, on our terms. I implore every Jedi here, watching, and around the galaxy to remember that we have a code. It is a difficult code to ascribe to, and none of us are perfect beings. However it is that dedication to embodying this code that is integral to our existence as Jedi.”

Daer’Gunn paused as he prepared for his final remarks. “The price of greatness is responsibility. We have all been given greatness, and we have a responsibility. The code that we believe in, that is what makes us different from the enemies that we face. In these trying times, we will be called upon to act. I pray that all of you will have the fortitude to fight and to stand up for the betterment of those around the galaxy. Those who have died here, they have paid the ultimate sacrifice and given the greatest gift that one can give. They were killed for that they believed in. We all knew when we joined the Jedi Order that we could die while doing our duties. We willingly lay down our lives for those around us, even if we barely know them. We live to serve. We are the Jedi Order. And in the end, be it old age surrounded by loved ones, the fiery death of a superlaser, or the stabbing precision of a lightsaber, we remember that there is no death, there is the Force.”

Archangel
Centurio

Post by Archangel » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Feldar listened with reverence to Master Daer'Gunn's speech. He was not standing with the others, surrounding the great pyre that would be lit, but he was on its far side, kneeling beside the burial plots of his brief friend, Ayol Thanat, and his family. His wife and daughter had been found, deep in the rubble, and their bodies were buried next to him. Feldar had seen to that. He placed his hand gently on Ayol's short mound, next to the marker that stated his name and thanked him for his sacrifice. Most of the markers indicated the same. But Feldar did not need the marker to know this place; he would always remember who was buried here, even if the permanent markers were misplaced, or wore away in the wind and the rain. He would always remember.

Make the best of this, Jedi T'kappi.

Feldar gently stroked the dirt. "I will, Ayol," he whispered, "I promise."

Daer'Gunn finished his speech. Feldar stood in honor of it. He would have applauded, but with only one hand, all he could do was slap his chest in an imitation of the sound. He watched as the funeral pyre was lit. The pockets of fuel caught fire and blazed brightly; they were of the sort that did not explode, added heat to the flame. The whole structure of dry wood was being licked by those tongues within moments. Feldar felt the warmth on his flesh, felt his fur stand on end as he thought about the brave sacrifice of those Jedi whose bodies now burned as they finally, fully became one with the Force. The trappings of this life were whisked away in a moment, lifted high by a cloud of ash and a puff of smoke, and those who had given their lives in the fight for good, who had defied the face of evil, were free.

Feldar remembered those who had studied alongside him, those who had taught him - those who had died. He did not feel guilty now. It was their time. He was sad for their absence, but glad for their freedom. But such was the way of things - the way of the Force. Their task now, as Daer'Gunn had said, was to gain strength from this loss - to take solace in their survival and to press on in the fight with renewed vigor and hope. Feldar took a deep breath as he pulled out the scrap of parchment he had drawn his design on. It was less intricate than usual; his right hand had been the more dexterous one, so drawing and writing with his left had resulted in subpar work, by his judgment. But it was good enough to help him remain aware of the capacities he wished to include.

While the others were working and preparing for the funeral, he had been collecting metals from the construction of the ruined Temple. Much of the structure was simple ferrocrete, but he found some iron rebar which he melted down. Before joining the Jedi Order, Feldar's father had given him a plate of quadanium steel, about two kilograms in weight, and a bar of the very rare metal songsteel. Feldar was pleased to find both still intact among his things. He had been unsure what to do with them; his father had given them to him to sell if he needed the money, but he realized that now he had a use for them.

Including the iron rebar was mostly symbolic. Using his lightsaber as a heat source and a small pot he found in the ruins, he melted down each metal and formed an alloy of them. He withdrew the liquid metal and used the Force to mold each piece into the joints, gears, plates, and connectors, with diatium wiring running throughout, to form the design he had on paper and in his mind.

Feldar knew that he could have gotten a replica for his arm, or taken any number of other routes, but he wanted it done this way. He wanted the visible reminder. The arm would connect directly into his shoulder - although he would need some help with that, since he would need to have it surgically implanted, which he could not do on his own - and it would operate like any other arm. Even so, it would have greater crushing strength and as much lifting strength as his shoulder could possibly endure, and the inclusion of the songsteel would make it remarkably resistant - though not perfectly - even to a lightsaber. He was proud of his creation, although it was not quite complete - it was still in several pieces, and then he would need to sterilize it, and then perhaps Chirushk would help him implant it. Which meant going to Ossus, to the new Temple.

Now, while he was at the funeral, the arm was safely packed away among a few other things - mostly just a couple of robes - that he had retrieved from the Temple. He had come to watch the funeral, to hear Master Daer'Gunn's speech, and especially, to say goodbye to the Thanat family. He was sure he would visit them again someday. But for now, the Galaxy needed his help. There was too much hate, too much anger, too much vileness that had to be opposed with gentleness and peace. He was resolved to be a part of that opposition.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:28 am

Sigarr stood up to face Faye. “Well, okay, you’re not perfect. You made a mistake. It means you’re Human, Faye, and nothing more. That’s not something to be ashamed of.”

“I’m still responsible for this,” she insisted.

Sigarr resisted the urge to roll his eyes. “Alright, I’m not going to argue that point with you any longer, but if you really are responsible for this, then you’re doing a terrible job of dealing with it. Instead of moping around here, you should get out there and track your student down. Bring her to justice. Feeling sorry for yourself isn’t going to do anyone any good.”

He reached a hand over and gently cupped her face. “The time for mourning is over. The galaxy needs you, Faye Ward.”

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Faye averted her eyes from him and said in a small voice, "Hold me."

Sigarr seemed surprised, "What?"

She looked back at him with a hint of desperation in her eyes, "Please."

With nothing else better to do Sigarr let his hand fall from her chin then hugged her tightly. He held her there a moment and when they parted she did something else he did not expect. She pulled him in for a kiss that seemed to last an eternity and before he knew it he was on his back on the forest floor. Faye was on top of him, stripping off his clothes as he was stripping hers and the two of them shared a quiet, intimate moment amongst the trees...

It was some time later when Faye found herself lying awake in the forest, naked as the day she was born. She leaned her head to the side and found Sigarr holding her. He too was naked. Was it a moment of weakness or did she actually feel some kind of affection for this man? She couldn't decide. With a grunt she forcibly removed herself from Sigarr's grip and began putting on her clothes.

Sigarr propped himself up and watched her though she deliberately set her back to him. "Today didn't mean anything," she told him as she finished slipping her top over her head, "and if you tell anyone about this, so help me...," she left the rest hanging in the air as she turned back to look at him sternly.

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Zora Al'Akahaab stood where she had been told where the Jedi Grand master would go after the very moving ceremony, and felt pleased that she had the opportunity to see it. All under the watchful eyes of Lady Sun and Lord Moon can feel a sense of closure, but she had been asked to pass on word from the Handmaided, Mira and she intended to do so.

She ran the message though her head again, she didn't want her stilted basic to lose the message..

Tell Master Dae'Gun HE is here and wants all to meet him on his ship. . I have a bad feeling about this.

She is certain that the Grandmaster Daer'Gunn will know what the woman had meant..

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Sigarr reached over to grab his discarded jacket and took out a small metallic case from an inside pocket. He didn’t seem to be in a hurry to get dressed.

“It would make a hell of a story,” Sigarr said to Faye as he opened the case and took out a cigarra. “I mean, making love to a beautiful Jedi Master in the dangerous wilds of Onderon…” he paused to light the narcotic and take a puff before looking over at her with a smile… “Ol’ Lando would have to come up with something pretty impressive to top that.”

“Not. A. Word,” Faye repeated herself, stressing everything she spoke. “I mean it.”

He held up his hands disarmingly. “I’m only joking with you, Faye. If you don’t want this getting out, I’ll honor your wishes. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve had to be discrete about my encounters.” He took another puff and exhaled some smoke rings as a thought occurred to him. “You know, something good did come out of all of this…”

“What’s that?” Faye asked him a little disdainfully as she finished dressing. “You got to add another notch to your bed post?”

“No - don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed that too - but today I got to see that underneath the super-serious, ultra-professional Jedi Master I’ve come to know is a real person.” He smiled. “You shouldn’t be afraid to show that side of yourself more.”

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:30 am

Daer'Gunn walked off the platform and turned to watch the pyre. Araya came up from behind him, took his hand, and kissed it.

"Your speech was perfect. It needed to be said and now we have a rallying cry from the resistance to the darkside.

He smiled and leaned down to kiss her on the cheek.

"We do what we are called to do. My hope is that the universe sees what happens here and understands that our will to win is stronger than Mandalorian Iron. We will stand together and we will win."

Jude and Callie both were behind Araya and both had stepped up to their masters.

"Ummm, master Daer'Gunn, i am sorry I could not do more. I wanted to help but I didn't know how."

"You are fine Jude, we will begin your real training soon. Your help might not have been finding the lost, but your took care of those younger and smaller than you. That is the true goal of the Jedi and you did it well. Don't worry, you will be a powerful Jedi indeed. You and your sister will help this galaxy move into a greater future. I can see it." The large Jedi smiled and patted the young boy on the shoulder. They turned and started to walk to the main communications tent. He would need to contact some people and have a meeting of those in charge who were still on the planet.

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:50 pm

The Lord Defender had said that the Grandmaster would be the tallest of whom she’d seen, and he had been right. Grandmaster Daer’gunn was a giant bull of a man, with a great, thick neck, heavy shoulders and a mightly barrel of a chest and an impressive beard. Zora instantly saw in him some of herself, a primitive in these realms. Oh, granted, he had probably become accustomed to what she was now coming to understand, but she could see it in his stance. He was a warrior. He was flanked by companions, whom were all speaking to him at once. As he got within acceptable proximity, she offered him a bow.

The Grandmaster made momentary eye contact, and motioned for her to follow. Surprised, Zora Al’Akahaab fell into step with them, which pleased her as she felt she was correct about his nature. He looked to her and raised a great eyebrow, which she took as “Yes?”

Don’t prattle, Silly girl..

“Lord Grandmaster, From the Handmaiden Mira Sorn, a message I have..” She said, her stilted basic grating her. She had to work harder on it. He probably saw her as a foolish little Haruchi.. Or Zabrak, that was what her people were called.. Concentrating, she recited her words.. “Precicly she said.. Tell master Daer’gunn HE is here and wants all to meet him on his ship.. I have a bad feeing about this..”

“Make sense to you it does, I hope..”

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:22 pm

"Yes, it does make sense. Zora, is what I believe I heard you being called, thank you for your message. I understand basic can be difficult for your people to pick up but do not chastise yourself for not having it perfected, that will come in time. the more you spend around those who speak it, the easier it will become. I mean I still have a difficult time speaking it myself." Daer'Gunn said and then received elbow from his wife.

"I am sorry, let me introduce the rest of my group. This is lady Araya, my wife and our two padawans, Callista and Judrin."

Araya bowed to the other woman and the children followed their master's actions.

Daer'Gunn looked at Zora again and said.

"I need to speak to the Lord Defender and I would like you to be in the meeting as well. You might have some interesting ideas for what I have planned. There will be some others who will be there also. The more Jedi that are there the better. We will be meeting in the large communications tent in ten minutes, I hope to see you there." He gave the Zabrak a nice warm smile and bowed slightly to her.

After Zora had turned to leave Araya grasped his hand again.

"I take it Lucien wants us to come up to him now. I do not like the way he orders us around."

"I don't like it either but we will do what we have to to find Tabetha and bring her home." Daer'Gunn looked into the deep jade eyes of his wife and for a second got lost in the beauty that he saw there. His com chirping brought him back from them.

"Sir, we are calling to inform you that the room has been set up for your meeting and is awaiting your arrival."

"Thank you. If you could please contact Lord Defender Devon Vos, Sigarr Halomek, and Master Faye Ward and ask them to please meet me in the tent in ten minutes that would great."

"Yes sir, Master Vos is being contacted now and both Sigarr and Master Faye are together in the woods. They will all be contacted within the next moments."

Daer'Gunn stopped in this tracks for a second and smiled. He knew the old space pirate had a thing for master Faye but would he follow her out to the forest to present his feelings towards her? He shook his head and dismissed the notion, Faye was beautiful but even Sigarr didn't temp death unless there was a good reason for doing so. He continued onto the main tent to await the rest of the participants to arrive.

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Devon stopped near the make-shift communications center that had been setup when his comm unit pinged; as he listened to the message a part of him, the part from the Black Skull, raged at being summoned anywhere even by his long-time associate and friend. Noting that he was pretty much already at the meeting site he ground his teeth and then pinged Zora to let her know he was already at the meeting site waiting for them to arrive. He smirked a slight bit at that wondering how it might look, lifting the flap to the tent the being running things saw him surpise at his near instanteous arrival,

"Lord Defender, the meeting space is just over there." he spoke pointing towards a section of the tent with a situation table,

Whatever this was he hoped it wasn't going to be something pressing as he already had places to be. Leaning against the table in the poor lighting he imagined he must have made for a rather intimidating sight given his dark leathers and unhappy scowl, since several of the beings prepping the meeting space started at his unexpected presence...

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:04 pm

By the time Sigarr received the message to meet with Daer’Gunn, he was fully dressed again. He also noted with some amusement that Faye had also received a summons from the Jedi Master. The secret might already be out if people knew that the two of them were in the jungle together.

“No sense in keeping the good Jedi Master waiting,” Sigarr said as he gestured for Faye to take the lead. “If anyone asks, we can just say you asked me to join you for some calisthenics. That’s true enough. The smoke from my cigarra should cover up anything else that might give us away.”

Faye eyed him before she started walking. “This was a one-time thing, Mr. Halomek. Nothing more.”

Sigarr smiled privately to himself at Faye’s comment. “If you say so. At the very least, it’s good to see you acting more like your old self again, though I meant what I said about it being good for you to show a little emotion now and again. I hope the next time you do, it’ll be under happier circumstances.”

Faye had no answer for that as they headed for the tent…

“Master Daer’Gunn!” Sigarr greeted the man with a big smile as he and Faye entered the tent. “My apologies for missing most of the funeral, but you know we all mourn in different ways. I had Duo record the service in my absence and I promise to watch it when time allows.”

He glanced at Devon before looking back at Daer’Gunn. “So, my friend, what is it you wished to discuss?”

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:49 am

Zora moved into the tent, and took her place behind the Lord Defender.. She was curious on what the meeting was concerning..

PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt
Queen of the Damned

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Callie and Jude sat quietly watching the meeting as they sat with their Vorkshyer pups Pax and Tharros in there arms. Brother would look to sister and mouthed who are they? Callie would just shrug and motion for him to pay attention. They two had heard that Mira, Zane and Linx had left after a funeral for one of the people killed. . She wondered for a moment. Then there had been the other who had given a message that HE was back. Callie could not help but wonder if he had her mother and this was a trap. . As she remembered from her days at the Dark Academy sith were known for that. . And this guy felt just like Damascus.

Feeling Jude pull on her sleeve she would look to him as he pointed to Sigarr and the other Female master. . They both felt something wired , like when Zane would come back from a date. . Jude motioned to say something but Callie stopped him. And gave him a look as if to say shut up and listen.

Back on Naboo I was the trouble make of the Palace now looks like Judy is picking the mantel. . If we survive this mom is going to kill me. Callie though as watched all the masters gather around.
Tabetha/Hunt
I got out of the bed today.
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
-Winter Sleep Weighty Ghost
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Looking around at those who had gathered with him, Daer'Gunn knew what had to be said, he just needed to make sure he did it correctly.

"My friends, thank you all for coming. I want to tell you this before my company and myself leave on a mission. First we are rebuilding this temple."

He looked around and saw some smiles from those there. He continued. "We have to use this tragedy to our advantage. The people of the galaxy need to see the resolve of the Jedi. This temple will be rebuilt and it will be a sign to all who think they can break our will and take from us the gift of freedom. This temple and academy will be open to any and all who which to learn the ways of the Force. We will need to make sure we have the proper deference and safe guards set up to be able to withstand another attack from space. The second thing is, I will be leaving this planet in a couple of hours. I will be going to try and find the mother of my padawans. However, the man I will be traveling with is not to be trusted. Lucien is old, and I don't just mean physically, he feels ancient in the Force. I can not put my finger on it but I know there is something that he needs from me. At the same time, I will be looking for Tabetha Sunstar, who is the mother of these two. Their link with their mother has already helped us find things about her location but Lucien believes he knows the exact location to find her. I know that Devon has had an encounter with Lucien via his defenders and he understands what I am saying. I also would like to personally ask the Lord Defender to allow one of his knights to accompany us on this journey to not just keep tabs on Lucien, but to also give us a lifeline back to civilization. I would like to know your thoughts on this, from each of you."

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Faye's frustration had just about reached a boiling point. With all that has happened with Sivter and the Charon and now this attack Master Daer'Gunn chooses to leave the Order and search for what? A single woman whose well-being mattered little in the grand scheme of things. "I've heard enough," she said and then she started to leave.

"Master Ward, I seem to have touched a nerve. Is there something wrong?" Daer'Gunn asked her with genuine concern.

"Wrong," Faye repeated in a quiet whisper, "You ask if there is something wrong?"

She spun on the man and pointed angrily out towards the devastation outside. "Look around you, Master Daer'Gunn, we are at war! The enemy is attacking us! Why should we give a damn about their mother when we need you here?"

"Faye," Sigarr said, reaching out to her to try and calm her down but she wasn't having any of it.

"No," she said, slapping Sigarr's hand away, "If he will not do what needs to be done then I will. I will find the perpetrator behind this attack and I will kill him!"

Then she stormed out of the tent before any of the others could offer a word. Perhaps it is true what they say, the Jedi Order is not what it once was, she thought to herself, her hand tightening around the hilt of her saber. One way or another I will prove to our enemies that the Jedi are still to be feared...

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:01 am

"Well THAT was definitely NOT a very Jedi like display." Devon spoke as the other woman stormed out of the tent the potency of her anger still lingering in the Force after she was gone he stared at Daer'gunn, "and she sits on the Council?"

Devon shook his head, "I'd be willing to leave a contingent of Defenders and a couple of knights here Daer and I already have a shadow trailing Lucien and his Fleet of Sith destroyers. Infact they're waiting just outside of detection range in this system now. I can order the shadow to break cover and join your group directly if you so wish but I cannot dedicate another being solely to this hunt of yours. Furthermore I need to be departing with all due haste myself, some old family business has come up that requires Jola's and my skills."

Devon paused and his eyes followed the path the angered Jedi Master had taken, "I'll also have one of the engineering units from the forces Present stay behind to help with the reconstruction and might I suggest the addition of a solid high-end capital-class shield generator to protect the grounds from this sort of thing in the future. Given the state of the galaxy I'm not sure why you didn't already have one. It's quite obvious that you've located well heels sponsors by the Presence of the Skywalker and it's sister ship that's nearly completed, perhaps you should ask them for one."

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:15 am

Zora listened to the woman who was identified as Master Ward, and watched her leave after the interchange between the Grandmaster. The anger and frustration in the woman radiated off of her as she brushed past them into the evening chill. She related with the Master, understanding fully her feelings but regardless of her feelings, Zora though her outburst was unseemly and unwarranted, especially directed at the Grandmaster. She looked at the Lord Defender, who simply shook his head slightly.

Stay out of it…

The young Haruchi looked back to the GrandMaster.. He had asked her here for her opinion..

“A Temple there is all around us, in the form of this realm. The grasses and dirt beneath your feet your training grounds, and the sky your will be your ceiling. The mortar, the souls of those who have passed are, and your conviction is the brick. Show the foul tainted you will, that their bombs were wasted.. Wait not for a silly building, the Temple are those who protect and defend the force..” she shrugged. “Concern there is, of course.. but a fine temple, a tent is as well as a great edifice, and not as obvious a target.”

With that, she gave the GrandMaster a bow and stepped back behind the Lord Defender, just off his right side and waited to follow in his departure.
Last edited by zephre on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:54 am

Faye wandered through the camp past medical tents and supply shuttles. After she had calmed down enough she took out her communicator and contacted the Skywalker. "Captain, I want the ship prepped and ready to leave, we're just about done here."

"Of course, Master Ward, we'll be ready to go on your command," there was a pause then and the captain said, "Should we expect to receive wounded?"

Faye nodded though she knew the man wouldn't see it. "We will take who we can back to Ossus the rest will be transferred to the nearest medical facility."

"And Master Daer'Gunn?"

"Master Daer'Gunn will not be joining us," Faye told him and just speaking those words caused her frustration to come back full force, "He has--other matters to attend to."

She left it purposefully vague but either way it still felt like abandonment to her. For all of his claims of rebuilding this temple as testiment to their fortitude and a declaration to their enemies he should be right here fighting by their side, but it seemed to Faye that Daer'Gunn had become unreliable and so that task of tracking Trayus falls to her. Her first order of business was to return to Ossus and speak with Grandmaster Sage about his newly established Jedi task force. If they were through with their training then they were about to receive their first real assignment...

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:44 am

"Daer'Gunn had listened to what master Faye had said and he had stopped Araya from saying anything. He let her vent her frustration and walked out. Looking to the other he said, "Excuse me for a second."

He followed the anger through the Force and found Faye talking into her com unit.

"Master Daer'Gunn will not be joining us, he has--other matters to attend to."

"So is that why you are upset or is it something more?"

The way that Faye turned as quickly as she did let him know she didn't even sense him coming.

"The way you are storming off feels more personal than you are letting on but I will leave that for your choice to say or not. However, I will let you know about my choice before you start jumping to conclusions. This man Lucien is like nothing I have even seen or experienced before. Collista, the dark jedi who took me and trained me called him master. She has been working as an agent for him for years and I was supposed to be that agent as well. He holds an unspeakable power, that I believe if left unchecked could bury Sivter and his kind. He has intimate knowledge of Palatine and those Sith who came before him. He has many Jedi and Sith holocrons in his possession and he is very dangerous. So dangerous in fact that Vos and just given us some of his knights to be able to shadow him more. There is something going on here and it is larger than just you and me. If you think I don't care because I am not racing off to kill Sivter then you don't know me at all. You are being incredible irrational by pointing fingers at me and slapping away your friends advice with Sigarr. We are here to help who and what we can. We work together for one purpose and acting the way you are is not helping.

I am being lead by the Force to find this 'one woman' to help unite an entire planet. A planet that has come out and said that they will not bow to Sivter. I am doing what is right by the Force. I can not offer any other explanation than that. But let me ask you this, why is it that I am hearing rumors that a student of yours was a part of the attack? I would not hold it against you or blame you for it because they have to make their own choices. My first padawan not struggles with the weight of becoming a Sith Lord because that is what he was told his future held. I have told him that it is his choice, we can lead, encourage, train, but we can not make their decisions for them. You tracking her down and killing her will do what? Stop her from hurting others? Cure that deep sorrow you feel in the pit of your chest?"

He took a deep breath, this was so not what he wanted to be doing. In all honestly he wanted a fight, a good one would be so worth while right now, but he needed to put that aside. He wanted to help or at least be able to explain himself.

"Look I can not tell you that going and killing your former student will bring you peace, but I can tell you that it will leave a whole for something else to fill. Please don't allow vengeance and hatred to fill it. Do what you have to do and do it with a calm or peace about you. Your anger is great and it will be used against you unless you can control it. I believe in you Faye Ward, do what you need to do, but do not look down on me because I am doing what I have to do."

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:54 am

"And abandoning the Jedi Order is what you have to do?" Faye asked him pointedly.

"Faye, I just said...,"

"I know what you said and I hear you, but Lucien is not a threat to us now. Sivter is not a threat to us now. For all of the trouble he has caused he has not yet targeted us beyond whatever it was he found in the temple before. This Lord Trayus, on the other hand, is targeting us specifically. He destroyed the temple, corrupted my padawan and he may even have been behind the attack on the City of the Jedi. Now instead of hunting him down and facing the threat before us you intend to rescue a planet that has little to do with anything."

She sighed, "I understand your desire to want to protect the galaxy but who is going to protect us? I don't see anyone lining up to take that charge, not even our own. Something needs to be done about Trayus and if no one else will do it then I will."
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:12 pm

As the former Grand Master followed the other woman out of the space Devon sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose,

"And People have to wonder why I want little to do with the leadership of this order." he muttered mostly under his breath

He glanced over at the other man who'd shown up at nearly the same time as Master Faye and whom his people around the camp had indicated had disappeared into the woods with her for some amount of time, he wasn't a Jedi as far as he knew so that made his presence here somewhat of a minor mystery to him,

"Well I suppose that brings this meeting to an end doesn't?" he questioned the other man...

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Zora gave the Lord Defender a head bow. "Await you outside, I shall, My Lord." and exited the tent..

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:22 pm

"What is interesting is someone once said Sivter wasn't an immediate threat either. I am trying to protect the order from a future threat. If that means me leaving now to take care of it so that those who come to learn at this school can do it in peace, then so be it. If you want to take out Trayus then you have my permission, just be careful of the motives that you are using. I have yet to hear a sound from the temple on Ossus and they have yet to even say anything about what has happened here. Sometimes I feel like we are all alone and we are so fragmented that we will be swept under the rug like we have been before. However, I know that you stand for what is right, I have my wife and our new students, the Lord Defender, and even Sigarr is willing to stand by us. We must keep moving forward and moving together. If you are off to see Master Sage, then go with my blessing and may the Force be with you. Tell him we are still here and we are still alive because you will have spoken with him more than I have with that statement. Do what you need to do Master Faye, peruse justice not vengeance and may the Force be with you."

Daer'Gunn turned to leave and if she acknowledged him back, he didn't hear it. He knew he had been embarrassed in front of powerful allies and now he had to try and fix it. He tried to come back around to the tent as he saw Zora exit it. He took a cleansing breath and reentered the tent.

"I am sorry about that but I had a private talk with Master Faye. Devon thank you for your shadow and the information he gives you. Let them know that they do not need to break cover unless something horrible begins to happen. I know there is something happening behind the scenes and the more eyes on the situation the better. Sigarr, I thank you personally for everything you have done here. Your presence is always welcomed. Is there anything else that we need to discuss before we all take our leave?"

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Sigarr had felt it wiser to be a mostly silent observer throughout the meeting, especially after Faye’s outburst. He probably knew better than anyone now what she was going through, but to speak up about it would have possibly clued people in to what had happened out in the jungle between them.

However, once Daer’Gunn reentered - conspicuously without Faye he noticed – he decided to say something. “Master Daer’Gunn, you know I have the utmost respect for you and everyone in the Jedi Order – even former members like Mr. Vos here – but I can’t help wondering if what you’re doing is wise.”

He looked over at Devon. “I need to correct you on one thing: I happen to know for a fact that the Jedi Temple had a new shield generator installed after Sivter’s attack on Onderon because I had my best engineers give it a once-over to make sure it operated at peak efficiency. In short, it was powerful and it should have been strong enough to hold out against a sustained bombardment, but whoever this Trayus person is punched through it in little time. I know it wasn’t sabotaged like when Sivter attacked because the generator wreckage was one of the first things I had the REC clean-up crews examine. There was no sign of tampering.”

Sigarr looked back over at Daer’Gunn. “I can only hazard a guess at this point with so little to go on, but I think this Trayus fellow has managed to get his slimly hands on some kind of superweapon – or at the very least a pseudo-superweapon like a torpedo sphere. Whatever he used to take down the shield in so short a time was some serious hardware.”

“Now, call me short-sighted if you want, but with Sivter seemingly a hair’s breadth from bringing total anarchy and this other Sith Lord sporting a hatred for Jedi and having a very large gun… well…” He shrugged. “I don’t see the wisdom in the your departure. If anything, this should be a time for solidarity among the Jedi.”

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:53 am

Devon shook his head in awnser to the man's comment about the shielding, "Or it could mean it was simply never activated, but your right, it would require something on the level of an axial super-laser like the Deathstars sported to punch through planetary level shielding. I can have my techs in orbit run some scans of the upper atmosphere, something like that would leave very particular ionization patterns if it was used on a surface target."

Devon stepped between Sigarr and his friend and then clapped a hand on Daer'gun's shoulder, "I'll leave orders with Admiral Tre'cov to lend what aide is needed but the Defenders resources are finite, we're organised to operate at the small unit level." he reached down to his utility belt and retireved a data chip and interfaced it with his arm comm for a second and then placed it in the other man's hand, "This code will put you in contact with the Shadow trailing Lucien, it'll let her know that you speak for me should you need her to break cover. Now I'm sorry but with all due respect to Jedi solidarity I have pressing matters of the sort that cannot stand any further delay to attend to."

"May the Force be with you and guide your path brother." Devon spoke with a half smile and then swept out of the tent, the cape fluttering behind him...

Outside the command tent Zora fell in step beside him as he exited the two of them moved through the camp towards the Sentinel that was waiting near the White Heart to return them to orbit along with his wife and family, as the shuttles lifted off he placed a hand on Jola's leg beside him in the jump seats and she placed her hand on top of his,

"How many times are we going to have to face this nightmare before it doesn't come back?"

"As many times as it takes I suppose." Devon replied with a small lop-sided grin. They spent the rest of the flight in silence simply enjoying each other's company for the moment.

Darien Vos watched his parents across the troop bay from where he, Kali, Zora and Jerrik had seated themselves and for once everything seemed to be just right with the world, which of course meant that at any moment something would happen to throw everything off-kilter again, he turn to his left where his sister was but found her pre-occupied with Jerrik's attention so he turned to Zora,

"I know we haven't gotten to talk much and I was kind of curious how you ended out here..." he searched for the right term in his memory, "across the veil? I always wondered about what happened after we left the sphere and came back..."

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:55 am

"I understand about the solidarity, I really do. Faye said the very same thing. She said that Sivter is a the problem now and Lucien is not an immediate threat. The problem is, at some point, someone said the very same thing about Sivter. 'He isn't a threat and there are bigger fish to catch first.' " He said in another person's voice. "I have been on the battlefields facing Sivter and I have seen the horrors he has at his disposal, however, if what Devon said is true and Lucien has an entire fleet out there waiting beyond the system, he is not a small threat. My going with him is doing two things. One, I am watching him and he has the whereabouts of these children's mother. She is extremely important to the people of Naboo. The second thing is, I am taking him out of the line of fire. If any of those other Sith call for help, we will be too far out to come to any type of rescue. From some of the coordinates that I have been given, we would be at least a couple days out of the nearest engagement. Moving that many ships and for how big they are would make it an ineffective resource for Sivter to call upon. I hope that you understand that."

He took a look around himself and looked specifically at his newly expanded family.

"Our job is to protect the future and while I am gone I am leaving that in the hands of those around me here and to you Sigarr. My request is that you watch out of Faye. I know that you have taken a liking to her but right now she is very angry and not fully thinking her actions through. Can you be that rock that she leans on when everything else is falling apart?"

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:51 am

“I take a liking to a lot of women, Master Daer’Gunn,” Sigarr replied, “and some are easier to like than others. Faye is not one of the easy ones – quite the opposite in fact.” He grinned and winked. “I do enjoy the challenge though.”

When he didn’t get much of a response back from the other two men, Sigarr cleared his throat and got back on track. “Anyway… much as I’d love to keep my eyes on her at all times, I’ve got prior responsibilities with running the Republic Engineering Corporation. I’ve got a hundred things waiting for my attention after this charity mission, which is only a slight exaggeration. Once I leave Onderon, there won’t be much I can do to offer her support unless she comes to me.”

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Defenders Shuttle__________________________________________________________

“After you left, much happened..” She said, raising an eyebrow in consideration. “An entire life, in truth be told. In earnest I began training under the Mahgi as well as the Je’hedai, though it had become apparent that my talent followed my Fathers. A Je’hedai quorum was created, and from across the lands and seas students came to learn at the feet of masters with Isamu at the head, while Mother turned her interests more to the mystical. Conflicts and wars plagued the lands as well, more villains reared their heads, and even Father and Takjira went to odds. My Brother turned to the foul, and it wasn’t until the Far outlanders came that he returned to us..” She said, and closed her eyes.

Zora opened her eyes, and began.. “Yuzzahn Vong, They called themselves, and murdered my realm, they did. The Far Outlanders spread a plague that sickened the people, including Shori and Zula, and those who died quickly, mercifully it was as Father said.” She said, her mouth quirking. “Lived with the Plague, Father did until the end of his life when he succumbed to it in agony. Acid, the sea turned to, and the air turned to poison and the plants began to turn under the influence of the Vong” she paused, and continued after a moment. “In the end, there were more people with the Plague than not, and the Vong had taken many as slaves and used them as warriors against those still able to fight against the far outlanders. In the end, the land could take no more and rend itself apart, existing no longer” She sighed. “The Realm cracked I twain, then crumbled like a clod of dirt..”

“Father sent me here, as I had not gotten the plague, and seemed immune to it, to the Vos, and to fight in the War of Darkness. Takjira ensured I made it to the Zhappa’ai, and died during the last and hardest of the quakes, and I was sent off just as the realm died..” Zora shook her head. “Father refused to ask for help against the Far Outlanders, lead them to these realms..” she looked at Darien. “Your Realms, he was afraid, knowing they would do far more harm...”

She looked back up at Darien, and realized that Kali and Jerrik was listening as well.

”That is how I ended out here..”
Last edited by zephre on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

CEO Raith Sienar

Post by CEO Raith Sienar » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:24 pm

The Hologram projector would shimmer and as the connection established a cloaked figure would appear before the gathering of Jedi who stood there on Onderon His face would be concealed with the exception of his mouth and he’d be calm as he spoke in a deep voice and the entire messege was prerecorded.

“Jedi of Onderon I bid you welcome and peace…” He’d catch a few by surprise with the offering them peace. “I am Darth Odysseus and I have no quarrel with your order. I await the arrival of Master Dar’Gunn and offer this knowledge as you mourn your dead. This is your call to action as your inaction has allowed the evil to come. You call yourselves Jedi. The guardians and protectors of the Republic… Prove it is my challenge to your order.”

“You are a generation recovering from a purge and fly around like leaves in the wind. The offer I have presented to Dar’Gunn it won’t replace the lives lost but it will bring some Jedi familiar with the old order back to you and will strengthen your numbers for the trials that will come to the galaxy. Palpatine when he gave Order 66 as you know did not kill all Jedi. Some he captured for the purpose of attempting to strengthen cloned bodies and others he turned to the Dark Side to serve as his inquisitors.”

“He had learned a means of prolonging his life and intended to have his Empire survive 10,000 years with none other than him at the command of his Empire. He was advised of his coming death but ignored it. He thought Skywalker would bow to him and then Skywalker surprised him and stood against him. We all know the story Skywalker won Vader over in the end when in Skywalkers most needed moments made a plea to his father and he killed Palpatine.”

“These Jedi that Palpatine had captured were carbon froze and put into storage on a planet on the far edges of the known galaxy known only to a few. It is here where Master Dar’Gunn and I will go with the intention of freeing all Jedi found there. Currently I am aware of at least two Jedi being stored there but I did not explore further as the temple where they were stored was in ruins having been destroyed by Darth Bane over 1000 years ago.”

“Your generation will face trials unlike any of the Jedi before you. Some of you will rise to the call while others will fall. There are enemies outside this galaxy that are a greater threat than the Xin Chi. This Palpatine was aware of and was why the Empire focused so much on building up a military so strong and he used the orchestrating of the Clone Wars to insure that he could do the military build up without the galaxy questioning him.”

“I was aware of this threat because I advised Palpatine of this as I had advised his master Darth Plaguris. When Palpatine refused to heed my advice I washed my hands knowing his plans to exterminate the Jedi I stood back when Order 66 was gave and in the end would loose the one thing that mattered most to me. My daughter because I was not one that would bow to the leadership of Darth Sidious. He knew he could not defeat me in open combat so he went after my psychologically by killing what I held most dear and followed a similar example in winning Vader to his side.”.

“This round of Sith attacks will temper you like a sword going through the flames. I vow I will not move against the Jedi unless you decide to move on me then all bets are off and I guarantee what you have seen happen here is nothing to what would come if I am betrayed. There are pieces on the field in movement and my concern is the security of the galaxy for the generations to come.”

“When Master Dar’Gunn arrives I’ll give him a detailed briefing and he will learn more of what is in play and it will be his responsibility to inform the Jedi but also this mission is to serve a dual purpose on that end as well. A test to see if Master Dar’Gunn is prepared to face the destiny and trials that are to come in the future….”

With that the message would disappear leaving them to think on his words

(OOC Coron if you wish and the Defenders take initiative the transmission can be traced to being made in system as Lucien awaits in system on board his flagship on the outer edge of the system)
“I’m sitting on my ass before a legend. I guess the reports of your death have been greatly mistaken.”

Jerec Ordin speaking to Nich Dreadstar

PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt
Queen of the Damned

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm

The Sorosub yacht the Dark Rose exited out of hyperspace near the Relentless. With an coded transmission sent to verify who it was. Axion waited to dock with the Lucains flag ship. Once safely on board the lady and Zane disembarked and went their separate ways. Zane to Quarters set aside for him and his men . He had a lot to tell them about his sisters impromptu wedding on Corellia. Along with the arrest of both of his parents by CorSec. The Poor boy was not sure they would believe him, though he though he should keep the part quiet where the Lady kicked his butt. As he entered one of the rooms he could be heard says "Hello boy and girl. .Miss me?" Zane voice trailed off through the mass the hull of the relentless as Red skinned men passed his door.

ooc: I'm leaving this here because I don't mind Daves people noticing it. More expanded post on Data. And now it sounds less like a drunk person even though I was not. Thats what I get for going to see Paranormal Activity 3 and getting in after midnight and then up four.
Tabetha/Hunt
I got out of the bed today.
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
-Winter Sleep Weighty Ghost
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:19 am

The transmission had ended and Daer'Gunn looked around at those still there.

"This is why I had to go. If we can stop this threat before it gets out of our control then that is what I must do. There will be more shuttles coming in from Naboo. they have already said they would help us rebuild and that is something I intend to do. When I return, this place will once again become a home for those who seek to learn about the Force and live peacefully with each other. We can not lose hope, sometimes it is all that will sustain us. Good bye for now and may the Force be with us all." He turned and took his wife by the hand as they headed out to the White Flame. The children with their wolf pups in tow, followed them right up the ramp and began to strap themselves in for the ride into space.

Smoke had already per-readied the ship and was waiting for the passengers to make ready for their flight. Daer'Gunn put his massive frame into the pilots seat and began final preparation for launch. He looked around at the people moving to finish the last bits of clean up and those who were already prepping the ground to for next stages of rebuilding the temple and he felt proud to be a Jedi. He now needed to move to intercept another possible threat to the Jedi. This was a not a pleasure cruise, this would be a fight and one he was hoping to be ready for.

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Near the Sith Fleet____________________________________________________

Keena Zahn's small ship had dropped from hyperspace a short distance from the Sith Fleet, she'd maintained a discreet distance, her hypernet transponder discreetly updating the Defender's comm net. The sudden transmission by the fleet to Onderon was curious to her, this prey was intriguing, making sure her sensor systems captured a full high fidelity copy of it for transmission back to the Watchtower...

The Blade of Justice, High Orbit_________________________________________

As the shuttle touched down Devon felt an intresting flutter of surprise through the Force come from his kids, he looked across the bay and noted they were in some sort of discussion with Zora. He wondered what they might be discussing to illicit such a sense of surprise. Standing he straightened his tunic,

"What was that?" his wife questioned her gaze studying the four of them.

"I don't know. I need to go make sure the captain knows where we're going, Agramar isn't exactly a well known quantity."

Jola smiled, "Go, I'll keep an eye on them."

Devon nodded and then headed down the ramp, waiting for him at the bottom was one of the intelligence analysits that was stationed on the ship,

"There's been a development sir." the young man frowned as he fell in step beside him striding across the landing bay.

"Development? Is that intel speak?"

The young man started to respond but checked himself, "We just picked up a transmission directed at the Jedi Enclave on the planet from someone naming himself as Darth Odysseus, facial recognition and voice stress analysis confirm the obvious. He's Lucien sir."

"Huh..." Devon smirked and shook his head, "Is our shadow still on him?"

"Yes sir, orders?"

"Have her maintain her current mission profile, I've given Daer'gunn contact codes so that he can reach her should he need her. Prioritize her mission level to alpha."

"Yes sir, the transmission?"

"Place it in my que and I'll look at when I get to my station."

"Aye sir."

The analysis peeled off at the lifts for the one that would take him to the intel section on-board the ship. He stabbed the lift call button and a few seconds later the doors hissed open and he stepped in and stabbed the bridge selection, the doors snapped closed and the lift leaped into motion...

Darien mulled over Zora's story and his investigator's mind was comparing it against what he knew of the Sphere, he knew for instance that they were just outside of the galaxy on the extreme fringes of wild-space,

"How long ago did the Far Outlanders appear?"

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Zora considered a moment before answering, figuring in the time that she had been across the veil.

"Seven full seasons..." she said, considering "For the first two seasons, the Far Outlanders were masked, laying in wait for what I do not know." Zora said, clasping her arms behind her back. "Their attacks and the war a full four seasons, it was and I have been here for one Season.." and cocked her head at him. "Ask why, may I?"

Archangel
Centurio

Post by Archangel » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:49 pm

[OOC: Cross-posted with the Ossus thread because Feldar is departing Onderon.]

Feldar had heard that Jedi Master Faye Ward would be leaving soon with the Skywalker, returning to Ossus with some of the Jedi wounded. He had collected his things, and boarded the large flying praxeum post-haste. He had been assigned a small room, normally intended for Jedi stationed on and training in the vessel. Feldar did not mind the close quarters, but he did mind being alone. He left his new arm, now nearly built, in its case under his bunk and he made his way to one of the cantina-style meeting areas on the ship. He mixed and mingled, meeting a few new faces and generally being friendly. He was pleased that he managed to cheer up a few of the glum expressions with squeaky conversation.

The trip to Ossus was otherwise uneventful. When they arrived, the wounded - Feldar included - were shuttled down in shifts, depending on who needed help the most. Of course, Master Ward - whom Feldar had intentionally avoided the entire trip - was the first one down. She clearly had important business. Hopefully, taking care of that would soothe her darkening aura in the Force. She was angry, and she was letting it slip into her impression on the Force around her. Feldar was trying to brighten lives, and Faye apparently wanted to darken at least one life. Feldar hoped that discussing things with the rest of the Jedi Council would improve her disposition and calm her passions.

Ossus was a beautiful place. Feldar had never been. He had intended to travel to Ossus shortly after the Council and many of the Jedi on Onderon made the trip, but he had wanted to attend to some issues in the other Temple, hoping to improve technological efficiency in some areas. He had not gotten around to that, either, when the attack began. Now, though, he was glad to have journeyed to Ossus. The route down in the shuttle showed off the beauty of the new Temple, a large structure filled with waterways and artificial rivers.

The wait for a boat to carry him to the new Temple was longer than the wait for the shuttle had been aboard the Skywalker. There had not been a great number of survivors from Onderon, but there had been enough that progress in moving them into the city was slow. Once arrived in the harbor, Feldar had been escorted with the others, luggage in tow, to the medical center, in the north wing of the library. Feldar kept his attention in the Force on his surroundings at all times. He noticed that they passed a few statues which seemed to emanate a sentience beyond their appearance. He made a mental note to return to one of these statues at some point.

As they entered the library, Feldar saw a cloaked woman watching their progress. He smiled, but she made no reply. He did not know who she was, but she seemed to be in charge, and she was powerful in the Force. When at last they reached the medical center, he saw Master Chirushk working quickly on some necessary surgeries among the few survivors who still needed rapid attention. Feldar was glad to see a familiar face. The Mriss healer would get to the others in time, including Feldar - and Feldar had a special request of him.

There was an Ysanna there, but Feldar could sense only minimal Force abilities from her. She seemed to be in charge of the logistics of incorporating these new Jedi into the Temple. She was issuing temporary house assignments until final arrangements could be made. Feldar wanted to tell her not to worry too much about final arrangements for him. He had every intention of returning to Onderon to help with the reconstruction of the Temple, even if he could not stay long. He dearly longed to be out in the Galaxy, helping those who needed him. He did not yet know how he would accomplish that, but he knew that he needed to travel and help as many as he could to find the light in their lives and grow stronger against the darkness.

Even so, she assigned him a temporary lodging and he went there, unloading what few belongings he had. Then he took the case his new arm was in and he made his way back to the medical center to speak with Chirushk. The Chadra-Fan found Chirushk observing a young Jedi who had been badly wounded at Onderon, but was transported in a bacta tank all the way down to this medical center from the Skywalker. Feldar was sad to say that he did not know her. Still, Chirushk did not seem busy. Feldar approached the Mriss with a smile.

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Blade of Justice, Landing Bay_______________________________________

Darien frowned, "I've seen reports of beings similar to the ones you're describing in the Jedi Archives dating back as far as the Mandolorian Wars. But those accounts were all of small groups that ran when confronted with any significant resistance. If the ones who found the Sphere invaded... it could mean that those earlier incursions were scouting parties, the ones that destroyed your home might be the main force of an invasion."

Darien paused and stood, "I assume you've told my dad this news as well."

Zora nodded, "When first I arrived, this I did."

"Then I'm sure he's got people looking into it," he shook his head, "An extra-galactic invasion is the LAST thing this galaxy needs right now."

"You have developed quite the paranoid side haven't you?" his mother questioned as she moved towards them across the troop bay of the shuttle, "besides conventional extra-galactic travel is impossible thanks to those hyper-space storms."

"Then how did you and dad get to the Sphere in the first place?"

His mother smirked and ruffled his hair, "the key word was conventional. We made the trip to the sphere onboard Zora's father's leviathan."

"Leviathan?" Darien questioned looking between his mother and Zora, both women only smiled at him but it didn't deter him, "ok, so what if these far-outlanders have their own form of unconventional FTL?"

his mother smiled at him and motioned to the others, "Then we'll deal with them when they get here, for now lets get off this shuttle and get some food, leave the fretting about the future for later. I hear the chef onboard makes a stellar chop-nerf steak."

Kali scowled and Jola chuckled, "They also have a full salad bar."

"I know mom, we did ride here on this ship."

With that she got up and lead the way out of the bay, Jola sighed and followed along in her wake next to Jerrik Fel, Darien smirked and extended his hand to Zora,

"Have you tried Nerf yet?"