Imperial Insurrection: The Fifth Column

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Man of Many Faces

Imperial Insurrection: The Fifth Column

Post by corsos »

Valkyrie Base

Moff Heinrich Von Gratchus sat the head of the granite conference table, four men each lining the side of the table. The Nine men, all Moffs and once rivals, had found a common cause. The common cause was the blue alien, wearing the white Grand Admiral uniform that held the title of Regent. If these men had their way that title would be a very temporary one. Above Gratchus' head hung a portrait of Senator Palpatine, before his face was scarred horribly by Mace Windu and the others in the Jedi Order. They longed for the return of the Galactic Empire that was envisioned by Emperor Palpatine.

It was here, at Valkyrie Base, that the plot was hatched to assassinate Kyle Marion. Damascus was their hope to return the Empire to prominence then, but his excesses and the inopportune arrival of GAIT at Corellia had destroyed the Death Star and their hopes. Like Regent James Ardin, Thrawn returned the Empire to the Navy, and policies that subjugated them to the New Republic. The Empire was built to rule, dictate and maintain order. It was not intended to sign treaties, make peace with the Jedi, or avoid conflict. James Ardin was weak, and Thrawn had the same disease.

He was also an alien. The Empire was a government for humanity, or humans understood what was best for the galaxy and had the intellect and fortitude to carry it out. Thrawn was in over his head, and everyone within the Empire was slowly learning that. The nine Moffs had taken it upon their shoulders to remove Thrawn from power, no matter the cost.

"Gentlemen." Heinrich began. "I have news. I have been contacted by a man claiming to be Grand Admiral Roger Mullin."

Chatter, confusion, and noise filled the room.

"My reaction was similar." Gratchus said, quieting the others. "But I assure you he is no ghost. I spoke to his subordinate, who had an Executor Class Ship at his disposal. The Slayer."

"It's a trap by Thrawn." One said.

"Doubtful." Gratchus said. "The man I spoke to, he seemed to know very little of the current galaxy. It was strange and he was purposely vague as to where Mullin has been the last decade."

"We've searched for their fleet before, quite extensively when we found the hidden records of it after Corellia." Another said.

"I know." Gratchus said. "But it is something we must explore. We lack projectable power, and a military leader for the services to rally behind. He gives us both. It is a chance we must take. I have arranged a meeting and will see to it personally. Any of you that wish to attend are welcome."

"What of our intelligence services?" One of the Moffs asked.

Moff Caloshin Race had been tasked with that duty, so he spoke. "Intelligence Director Voss is kept very close by the Regent, and his organization has proven difficult to crack, as has the ISS and ISB."

"The alien has consolidated his power well." Gratchus said.

Race continued. "That is why I suggest we turn to an outside organization. Have you heard of the Syndicate?"

Everyone remained quiet. "Neither had I until I began to inquire about the criminal underworld. Apparently it is a human run criminal organization that is attempting to challenge the Hutt. They are extremely well financed, and have as many legitimate enterprises as they do illicit. They specialize in normal profit generating ventures, such as the spice trade, smuggling, illegal arms sales and the slave trade."

"And how could they be of use to us?" One of the others asked.

"Unlike the Hutts, they are far more refined and offer special services in intelligence gathering - both human and electronic. From what I understand their reach is impressive and resources extensive. Some of our researchers have found a number of connections between the Syndicate and the Obsidian Company, but there's nothing to be proven. They cover their tracks well, if they are indeed connected." Race concluded.

"The Obsidian Company is one of the most successful young businesses in the galaxy." One of the men pointed out.

"Arrange a meeting, Moff Race. It is worth exploring. Does anyone else have any business?"

ooc I've only identified two of the 9 Moffs - so if anyone wants to jump in with any of the others, feel free.
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

:emperor:
Johny DX

Re: Imperial Insurrection: The Fifth Column

Post by DarthYnoj »

(OCC-So as i told in the OCC RP thread i think i will take one moff to help the opposition and make him an old and powerfull one loyal to Palpatine.Please be lenient as it is my first post in Empire thread... :P )

One of the 9 men was the rather most quite in the whole conversation.He wore his old type Moff uniform and touch his white hair in moments and his same oclour moustache.....Moff of Mullinst and one of the oldest Moffs in the galaxy still one of the first established by Palpatine on 19BBY but never on the front line Wulff Lorsreisend was the propably the most experienced in the room but held absolute respect for the other members of the meeting also some of them his old friends.....

In moments he would took his eyes from the faces of the other 8 and look the portairt of Palpatine in nostalgic mood...He held the utmost respect for Papatine and was one of the first to know him as Darth Sidious....on the first years of his getting to power procedure Lorsreisend served the former Emperor and great Sith Lord as a man for special cases....murders,stealing data and other things were in his ''palmares''.

When the introducer of the meeting end his speech and asked for any problems they had Heinrich decided to speak up on his concerns.He wanted to be one of the first to get into that almost seemed Imperial Moff Opposition to the allien with the white uniform who was one of the most metriopathic leaders of the Empire.

''Fellow Moffs,friends....the most of you know me and only 2 or 3 from you dont had any special relations with me in the past....I am the Moff of Muullinst since 10BBY and i was former Councellor of the Emperor....I run the system of Empire as we call it which helds Mullinst as its capital..i have wipe out everything even remembering the Inter Galactic Banking Clan and rather use the resources to established the Empire in that years....

After that....well...thing took the title of Regent and rule as Emperor but i will never consider him as one i have lost many of my previlages there...with Palpatine and Damascus i could rule the area with my personal gusto and personal ambitions always care a little for the consequencies but that Thrawn really disturbs my buiseness...he does not leave to higher the taxes and even doesnt leave me to extend the I.G.B.C. resources Palpatine gave me after its disolution in the past as he has locked the account with the money considering them ''illegal money''.''He would drink a little from his glass and continued.

''The Empire as we the oldest have known it was a system to control and consume...I dont care on making treaties....i dont care to make peace with that scums we called Jedi's.I have aged close to Dark Lord of the Sith....i never would think that the same Jedi's i purged on 19BBY and killed 2 of them gentlemen would speak with them like equals now....For this things and many more i want to involve with this cause we are trying to formulate....

I can give money,ground resources and even sites to build....i dont allow Thrawn to involve in my territory as lot...he infact would seem unlikely to ever travelled on Mullinst.I have overthrown as goverment before helping Sidious...i can help and do it again....I was meeting with Dooku in the backround and gave him Palpatine orders...i might be unknown to the most...but gentlemen and not from ego i can say i played my part in overthrowning the C.I.S. and Old Republic....Thrawn seems so small and not important in what i have done in the past....I am with you in what you need me....''

As he sat back and looked to the others waiting a responce to his sayings as he for the first time revealed his past to others so open...But that was the time he waited not to be just a Moff.....only if he knew his fate...
http://starwarsexodus.blogspot.com/

STAR WARS EXODUS OFFICIAL BLOG

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
Queen of the Damned

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt »

Sitting there listening Jorn Vardic would let things play out, but deep down he was deeply concerned about not only the direction this new "regent" was taking things but what bothered him more was the rumors of Jedi Order working to get influence with their leader. He listened as the first two speak Moff Gratchus was in his mind the best hope for this empire if it was to survive.

He had fought in the clone wars in the Republic Navy he fought along side clone and jedi. . Of the two he though better of clones,, honest soldiers. .Good men. The jedi always claimed to know more than anyone. But it was not they who won the Clone wars. It was the bastards who fought and died in space and on the ground. Jedi were all traitors and cowards. They used others to fight their fight. But that was along time ago. . . In his service to the Empire he had done all he could to stop jedi and people of their ilk from every harming another citizen or causing another war now they seem to everywhere in New Republic understandable weak people they are, but it was rumored they were in the Imperial Armed forces. . and some say on the Palpatines thrown itself. . Intolerable! Unthinkable in the days of the Emperor jedi and force sensitives either denied what they were or kept away from things that could tempt them. . Now it was anarchy.

As he sat back the old Moff of Grizamalt was the oldest in the room, at 75 for the last few years had been shunted from command to command, being pushed back further and further form his men. . Not his choice to become Moff Grizmalt that was the last place for most before forced retirement. He preferred his men and keep the Empire safe. But after Grand Admiral saw the one unfortunate blemish on his record,the accidental death of a force sensitive pirate who was smuggling contraband on the spine. He spent five years at a demoted rank, began to treated as if he was a black mark on the Thrawn's spotless white coat.

He knew the Moff of Mullinst deep down though he claimed to Imperial, he was a CIS through and through. How man like that got to be a moff after the Clone Wars was beyond him. . . Once he was done Jorn drew attention to himself by clearing his throat sitting at the far left side end of the table. He took a sip of Wyrns reserve from his personal hip flask. . ."Far as "illegal forms of whatever" its your call you have a good head Moff Gratchus you will not find problem from me. As I recall even in the old days with Black Sun even though it was run by that, well by Prince Xixor, they were always useful when you had problems needing dealing with. Especailly those particular ones that you could not officially touch."The man said putting his flask back into his pocket"Thing is I hear wild rumors of be the Jedi making an Alliance with his Grand Admiralness. . . They seem to be showing up in our cites, our military. . some say even higher up. With all the problems with the New Republic and the fact that it exist do we really need to add to the infestation by allow Jedi. . ."

"I had one in my office the other day wanting special permission to join a planetary defense force. . .A JEDI!!"

He grunted "I'm an old war dog, fought in the Clone Wars, patrolled the spine for pirates and the ilk, and served in every way I could this Empire safe for my Emproer and his successors, hell I even served Damascus without fail. I guess my point is the war drums a starting to beat again. . And now I am being told that we are to include those who are nothing more than an added military force to our enemies? If war does break out whats to stop them from turning on us or giving them intel detrimental to our forces? Most of you who know me, know I am a solider keep my mouth shut and do what I am told. But what do you do when your being ordered to let vorkshry's in to "help defend" you?"

ooc C I hope this helps. If there is a problem pm me and I'll fix it.

i
Tabetha/Hunt
I got out of the bed today.
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
-Winter Sleep Weighty Ghost
It's an animal thing
Riddick
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Lorsreisend immetiadly replied to the ritorical question of the old Moff.''You fight back Jorn!You know better than me since you were a soldier how you can bounce back and hit the person that makes you do things!Do you know that while we speak the....''regent'' comes more and more close the Jedi's?He is incapable of getting himself out of them.I know in my long career as a politian and ring between Palpatine and the Seperatists that when someone gets really close with the Jedi's changes his views and takes different actions.....''He looked at Vardic like he was thinking that the old Moff considered him still a Seperatists.

''You say the drums of the war ara beating....and i can say that the blue allien will soon destroy us,the moffs,and he will make us out of law.....What do you propose as a former commander in the Clone Wars Mr.Vardic,and what you can offer here as a Moff of the system you rule?''As Wulff couldnt stand the old Republic faithfull soldier within the council and Vardic also might was dislike the Seperatist-past Moff.And then gave a look to Gratchus.

(OCC Note-I replied just to make the things moving and the conversation more active.Wulff is kinda opposite with Vardic and tries to hide his dislike but it is difficult)

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Post by Nichalus »

Standing just behind and to the left of Moff Gratchus stood General Wolfgaar Silvermane. A large hulk of humanity in his cleanly pressed Imperial uniform, stern countenance and rigid attention to all that sat at the table. But it was not just his large stature that caught the attention of most people, but his face that always seemed to capture those in his presense.

Underneath his clean cut, slicked back shock of white hair (a family trait that has been passed down through his family line and hence the family name), the right side of his face was clean shaven with a granite-like, handsome, and clenched square jawed appearance. But the left-side was a mask of scar tissue, and a cybernetic implant that covered three quarters of it, with the most chilling feature of a optical implant over the eye that glowed a deep red within the lens.

His war record within the Imperial Military was known by almost every Imperial Officer, with his tactics and leadership during the Reign of Palapatine and Damascus as required literature for new Imperial Officers. His tactics were often brutal, but he held great respect from his troops and officers...whether that was due to fear, is a subject that none dared to ask.

He was one of the few great military leaders that openly opposed Thrawn, and once told the Grand Admiral to his face that he was 'Nothing more than a subpar alien, pretending to be a human'. It was shortly after that when he was assigned to the Unknown Regions to quell an uprising of an alien species against their Imperial occupiers.

During the mission someone snuck aboard his command ship and planted a thermal explosive in his briefing room. The explosion rocked the ship, and blasted a hole in the side of the hull. When rescue crews arrived on the scene, what they found was grotesque and simply astonishing to all that stood witness.

Inside the blasted room, Wolfgaar sat at the remains of his desk, half of his face literally blown away by the force of the explosion, blood running down his face and dripping on his tattered uniform. But most shocking of all, was the sight of his senior staff officers twisted, bloodied bodies literally plugging the gaping hole in the hull. The high-pitched whistle of air escaping into the vacumn of space filled the room, but all heard his low baritone voice say.."Get the temporary force field up, and bring me a clean uniform."

Many to this day claim that Wolfgaar brutally used his own officer's dead, or perhaps not dead bodies, to plug to hole in the wall, but to this day, none have had the courage to ask him.

As to the saboture, Wolfgaar long suspected that it was Thrawn himself that ordered his assassination for disrespecting him, but of course Thrawn would never admit to such a plot, and after Wolfgaar healed from his wounds, and gained his implants, he retired from service from the Imperial Military. His retirement was attended by the Grand Admiral Thrawn himself, and while the ceremony was cordial and many spoke well of Wolfgaar's major accomplishments, throughout the entire proceeding, Wolfgaar said nothing and only stared at the blue-skinned Chiss throughout the whole affair.

It was years later when Moff Heinrich Von Gratchus, approached the retired warhorse and offered him a position within his new organization to bring back the glory of the Empire and to bring Thrawn to his knees for allowing his unclean alien blood to stain the fabric of the Imperial Order. Gratchus had told others of his meeting with Silvermane, and that when he proposed his offer to join, Silvermane nodded and stated.."I live to serve the True Empire."
Last edited by Nichalus on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ooc i should get to this by Thursday guys...
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

"I appreciate your candor, and your enthusiasm gentlemen." Gratchus said. "But fighting Thrawn with ships and blasters is not the answer."

"But we must fight!" Wulff said.

"Thrawn has the loyalty of the navy, and the majority of the army. He would crush any of us without blinking. Our methods must be one of subterfuge, politics, manipulation and sabotage." Gratchus said.

Many in the room seemed unconvinced, looks of defiance on their faces.

Gratchus glanced back to his most loyal military advisor. "General, perhaps you can inform the respected men here exactly what our situation is."

ooc incoming PM Nich...

Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Wullf would neal back in his chair and started thinking....''Moff Gratchus...you say we cant go to a full scale attack against the allien...and now i think it i agree...But...we therefore must set up a sabotage and inteligence systems to make Thrawn command more difficult....''

Then another Moff would speak''This is impossible to happen...we dont have either the power to do that..''

''Well then go in you estate and live there with the alien rulling you!''Wulff shouted....''We must take actions...''As he looked around the table and his fellow Moffs.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Post by Nichalus »

Wolfgaar merely gave a unappreciative glance at Wulff's outburst, and then stepped forward to address the group. With one hand still behind his back, and the other holding his datapad, he looked at the informaton before him.

"The 'facts' are this Sirs." He began, his gravelly voice souded as if coming from the bottom of a tomb, and just as emotionless. "Our current compliment of ships is.." He depresses a button, which pulls up the ship list and then immediately sends the information to the Moff's data screens that are embedded in the table before them.

--2 MKII Star Destroyers (full compliment of fighters)
--1 Nebulon B-Frigate
--2 Troop Transports
--3 Corellian Corvettes

"We couldn't take a Rogue Pirate Base manned by Gungans with a fleet like that!" One of the Moffs exclaimed.

Wolfgaar eyed the man, the red light in his cybernetic eye casting it's glow upon the man's face. His face, looked as if chiseled from permacrete, held no emotion other than pure distain. "I could destroy a world with a fleet such as that...sir."

The Moff seemed to shrink in his seat under the heavy gaze, and merely looked away in mock disgust.

"We have the support of several key figures that are within the Imperial Military, who's identities will remain concealed at this time. Their contributions will become apparent as such time that Moff Gratchus deems it necessary to use them."

"Suffice to say, we will need to use subterfuge, inside intelligence and more to begin this operation to return the Empire to it's former glory. This is not be an easy operation, nor will it be fast to take form. Cunning, gile and fortitude is the optimal emotions that we all must have in the initial phrases of this."

"Those that do ...not...have the courage to do so, will find the exit in the back of the room to their benefit." Wolfgaar did not look at any particular member in the room, but looked straight ahead.

"This is ...MADNESS!!!" came the upraised voice of one Moff Tarris, whom was a latecomer to the meeting. He was a minor Moff in the Outer Regions of the the Imperial borders, and no doubt due to his snobbish and self serving demands that he seemed to feel entitled to.

He stood up from the table, his rather skinny figure marked by the sagging fit of his uniform. "I will have no part of this! It is one thing to want to get rid of the unpure blood of aliens from our midst. But it is quite another to go up against that alien bastard Thrawn with such a paltry force!"

Turning from the table, Tarris paused dramatically to straighten his ill fitted uniform, sniffed his nose at the rest of the members at the table and began to walk to the exit in the room.

"Moff Tarris, are you certain of your decision?" Wolfgaar asked, his voice taking on a coldness that seemed to stiffen the back of Tarris, causing him to stop in his tracks and turn around to face the mountain of a General.

"I most certainly am, you people make me...." Tarris's words are sudden cut short as a single report of a blaster sounds within the room, and as if by magic, a burning and sizzling neat circle appears on Tarris's forehead. The expression on Tarris's face is one of shock, which he will carry into the other world.

The other members turn and find Wolfgaar, slowly and methodically replacing his blaster into his holster. His expression does not change as he looks to the remainder of the members in the room, the unspoken look on his face is....'Does anyone else have their doubts?'

Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

"This is not something we can walk away from." Gratchus said. "We're in this.together, dead or alive. We either succeed or we hang."

Queen of the Damned

The old man would listen to everyone "discussing" the issues. They all had ideas, but the time for ideas were over and the time for action was here. It was that or loose all that they had fought and died for. Vardic slammed his hip flask down so hard it shook the table. "I would rather die with fine gentlemen like you, live under the bastard rule of a non-human, jedi loving, pansy. Anything I can do to sink his regin count me in."

He looked to them all "To the last. If any of you do not have the stomach for this leave the room for the real men. . If you in lets get to work."Then he took out a cigar and began to smoke it. 'So whose word is real?"
Tabetha/Hunt
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
It's an animal thing
Riddick
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Wullf took of a liker bottle and started speaking...''We all now we lack on power against that alien bastard army and navy but i had again fought in the less terms...I propose sabotage and generally underground war gentlemen....''

He then looked to all of them...and finally to Gratchus...''Heinrich...we need your guidness....generaly we need desicions!Speak up people...i am willing to die in order to have a chance to aim my gun on Thawns head!

I suggest we form a council and each one of us take the supervisor role over our department.We must form something to fight the allien...get him weak...no by directwar...but indiectly and via sabotage...and inteligence....''He leaned back and placed his leg on his other and took out a siggar...

''What do you think?All of you...

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

"Not by direct war with us." Gratchus said, "but there is someone that can wage war against Grand Admiral Thrawn to weaken him. The New Republic."

"But he has made them our friends, as sickening as the fact may be." Moff Race pointed out.

"Then we must destroy that peace and set them to war." Gratchus said. "We make our greatest enemy our greatest ally against a common foe. All the you that sit here have resources, and influence. We must set this war in motion. Ideas?"

Post by Nichalus »

"If I may be so bold as to suggest sir." Wolfgaar stepped forward. "Nearly every Government in the Known Regions is currently facing the Charon at Mon Calamari, and they are sending large portions of their militaries to defeat them."

Pressing a button on the table, the hologram of the Mon Calamari system comes to life, various sectors around Mon Cal are light in multitudes of colors that represent the various factions involved in the battle. "As you can see. The New Republic, Imperials, BSA, the Sith and many others are involved."

"The losses from the battle, by my estimations will be severe to all forces involved judging from past encounters with the Charon. But...."His already grim face, shows even a greater degree of disgust as he continues. "..The New Republic and those damn Jedi 'always' seem to find a way to destroy supposely unstoppable forces. We cannot make the same mistakes...as our great Palpatine, or even Damascus."

"This time, we must use the losses that our enemies will sustain against them. We need to strike them while they are weak." He looks around the table. "By 'strike them while their weak', I mean to strike them from behind their own lines. We must use subterfuge, gile and tact. We need to 'appear' to be aiding them during their rebuilding process. Plan our seeds of discord, gain their most greediest of member's trust, promise them the galaxy, and reward them with death."

Queen of the Damned

Jorn looked to each of them "We could send tainted food to them under the guise of aid. I hear Thrawn is moving some supplies form form our bread worlds to aid them. . . Send some with a biological agent in it. I'm sure we have some lying around from the days of Gandle. Make the bug eyed fishes sick kill a few. Hell feed it to their senate and watch them drop like flies. . ."Jorn took a sip of his ale.

"Bah the real way to hurt those shuddas is easy. Hit the things that mean the most to them as a people. You know that Bolo lady. . er Solo, their shipyards, anything they hold almost as a religion, and anything that can piss them off enough to make them hit first. After some of their less than stellar performances, like the Chandrlia debacle. . Hell the whole the NR is infested with Sivters cultist and they could not put them down. . . You hit them where they live. . .in their heart, no matter the love fest whoever is in charge could be forced to start a fight with Thrawn. . And I doubt that he would ever be man enough for them to throw the first punch."

The old man the rested his back agiasnt the chair "Of course greasing the palams of a few industrialist never hurt either."
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Plans such as those are already in motion." A new voice said. Those in the room turned to see a newcomer, who had stepped into the room a few moments before.

"Moff Jakre." One of the other Moffs said.

"I apologize for the delay. I was in a meeting with a New Republic senator." He said. "This Senator is one of those in opposition to the Foundation. They're working on taking out the power of the Foundation from underneath them." Darian said, referencing the most powerful political party in the New Republic, and the party that was in charge of the Senate and most of the Councils. The party's leader was Minister of State Roman Kato. "The means that this senator intends to utilize to do this, some of them, aren't the most legal of ways. I have been helping this person and I think we should support this Senator's attempts."
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Wulff raised his voice and stood up.

''Fellow Moffs,i see very metriopathic feelings in your words and thougts....i suggest action now!We must give each one of us delegations and duties and move the organazation.We will need everything,inteligence,senators,money,power....Bastion!We need the remore areas...you can set up a base in Muulinsit...i have completely sent Thraw out of my system....''He then took a sip of liker.

''Back in the old good days...we were going to war...now we must lead him to war and destroy him!He must lose a war and we will come as steday replacing form of goverment...''He said and waited reply as he gazed in the Palpatine portrait,and thought the old good times while he was the complete ring in th circle between Dooku and Palpatine on CIS stracture...He then raised again''I have another battle to fight before i die gentlemen!''

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

"Yes, all of you are correct." Gratchus said.

"The General and I will meet a potential ally that will bolster our naval strength. I require a volunteer to meet the leader of this Syndicate. We will require their intelligence capabilities if this is to be done properly. Perhaps two of you. We must use judgment when dealing with a man that runs an organization such as this."

Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Wullf stood like his seat was in fire.''I will meet him,i have deal with criminal elemeents and scum a thousand times...i know how to handle,use and then throw to waste people like him....''He then smiled ironicaly''Plus with my Magna Guards left from the old times..i dont fear anything...''

He then look to the others.''Will anyone else come with me?''

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ooc Tab - want to handle meeting up with my Syndicate folks with JohnL?

Queen of the Damned

Jorn nodded " Well take the the Glory to the coordinates you send. "He looked at Wuffiulh "Come on you. Well take the Zora back to the Glory. Leave your damn Magna droids at home. My boys are itchy enough, we have enough jumpiness over this whole Mon Calamiari mess something about a stolen super star destroyer. Don't need those mindless oafs muking up the Glory . Damn rebels, every one of them. . fed to. . "Jorn said as he sat there waiting for them to be dissmissed. Going with former Dooku lover made him ill but he would do anything for the empire.
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Moff Gratchus watched the reports come in from Mon Calamari. The Imperial fleet... nearly half of it had been laid to waste by Sivter and his Charon. This was one Sith... one force user... and they were outwitting Thrawn every step of the way. It would appear the Grand Admiral would be able to claim a victory but it would be a Pyrrhic one. Not that his Navy was destroyed... but the confidence in his invincibility was being shaken at its foundation. Questions were being asked as to whether he was the tactical genius that he was always being credited for.

Their numbers were swelling, not only on Bastion but on Byss. The tide was turning, and once Arcanix was destroyed... it would be Thrawn's turn for reckoning.

ooc just keeping this current

Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

OOC : Maybe we can proceed into IGBC involvement one of the reasons i reformed it was to interfear with the Moff Opposition.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ooc interfere with the Moff Opposition to Thrawn or support it?

Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

OO:It will support the Moffs. Or you prefer Thrawn?

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Ooc no thats fine and thats what I thought.

Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

OOC: So how we will start this?

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ooc in in the process - or at the very start of figuring out how to put all these things together....

Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Waiting for update then C.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Moff Gratchus, Jakre and many others gathered on Bastion, looking over the news. The War of Darkness had weakened support for Thrawn even more than they had hoped. Many in the Empire believed the Cult could have been left for the New Republic and Jedi to deal with. Lost Imperial resources on that war were a waste and did nothing to enhance the status of the Empire. Many had rallied to their cause.

It was the first time he leaders of the Imperial Insurrection would meet in the same place. He led the political faction, General Wolfgaar Silverman led the armed forces, the mysterious Simon was on contract and his Syndicate led their intelligence operations. Members of Imperial Intelligence were slowly joining their ranks and were providing very valuable information they could use in the future.

Gratchus looked to those around him, and started with SIlverman. "General I understand our position with the armed forces has been greatly improved?"

ooc im trying to get this going...

Post by Nichalus »

Wolfgaar stood from his position next to Gratchus, straightened his Imperial tunic, and then connected his datapad to the table's holoemitter. "Sir, we have secured, and recieved the loyalty, of several Battle Groups, consisting of the usual regiment of Star Destroyers and supporting class ships." On everyones monitor, lists of ships, images of their command officers, and their compliments scrolled across the screens. Holoimages of the ships displayed over the table for all to see.

"The forces are ..sufficant..for the time being Sir, and with the proper tactics, we can use them as proper leverage against carefully selected targets. If we can use them wisely, and make some impacts in the both political and combat arenas, I'm quite certain that other Imperial Officers that are 'on the fence' with current Imperial leadership, they could be swayed and bolster our forces even further."

"Furthermore Sir, we have gotten sporatic reports that there is going to be some important Conference between many of the Major Governments, including the Empire and the New Republic. The details are still sketchy at this time, but perhaps we could send our Intelligence people out to get solid information on this."

Stef is Best

Post by StefanTheGreat »

Moff of Muulinst Wulff Lorsreisend was sitting at his chair. He had his back deeply nealed on the velvet fabric of the chair. His sigar was lightned up alright and he was taking pinches of the smoke by each suck. Wulff was a complicated man. He was on this organization practically from the first meeting while being possible the biggest lover of Palpatine with whom he had even real contacts back in the clone wars and Empire early days. He even remembered his trip to the syndicate station which showned how much involved he was in this conspiricy.

Now he was starting to feel that this group created by the Moffs from all over the territory of the Galactic Empire had to change its attitude and work even harder to ensure the victory over this... ''Regent'' Thrawn whos name he couldnt even pronounce. He listened carefully to the first men speeches and then smiled when the latter Moff concluded his speech. He was aware of this scheme for the Summit to happen because he had close relations with the man organizing this Summit, Monarch of Federation of the Allied Systems , Lork Durd.

For now he chose to be quiet and wait until somebody speak to him either he would take the word when someone else would end.
StefanTheGreat the Dark Lord of...
...wait a minute...nah...title not working...
...LOLito-Chomoloco! :P
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Simon liked to sit quietly at these meetings, letting everyone wonder who he was and what his role was. But now his expertise was needed. He wore histypical mask, half white and half black, split down the middle. A carved tear rolled down the cheek on the white side of the mask, dripping down towards a permanent frown. No one here would know his identity. He enjoyed his life, as not only leader of the Syndicate but also President of the very successful Obsidian Company.

"The General is correct. Leaders from nearly every major government, company and organization are gathering at MidPoint station in the near future for some kind of summitt. The purpose, aside from simply diplomacy, is unknown, though it seems most people want peace. They grow tired of war."

A grumble rolled from one side of the table to the other. "I have agents already on hand for the conference, and I believe if we maneuver properly we can sow seeds of war just as easily as peace. The Empire plans to send Admiral Rosion as well as Delth Ardin as their representatives. Their loyalty cannot be questioned. But there is more, and of far greater interest than this conference."

Simon opened a datapad and sat up straight in his seat. "Imperial Intelligence has become quite... leaky. Thrawn is losing their confidence and they are eager to talk... and defect for the right price. I've recieved copies of directives indicating Thrawn has split the Imperial Special Services Division from Imperial Intelligence, once again making it an independent entity. He has placed Admiral Gregory Dreskul and Delth Ardin in charge of the ISS, and they are recruiting. Thrawn is noticing us and is building a private army he knows he can trust. War will start soon, not open war, but one in the shadows."

Simon noted there appeared to be an anticipation or even excitement at that possibility. Obviously, these men had never dealt with Thrawn or Ardin before. They were ruthless.

"Very soon, the ISS will be unleashed on us, and we should be prepared. There has also been an exponential increase in secure communication between Imperial Center and the Deep Core. We havent broke that encryption... yet, but there is something that interests Thrawn greatly."

"And I know what it is."

Simon turned to the new voice, wondering what the answer was, and how the person could possibly know.

ooc Pryde, you're up...

Post by Nichalus »

"If I may suggest your Eminence." Wolfgaar turned to Gratchus. "Since the 'invitations' to this so called Summit are for delegations from the all major governments, would it not be 'wise' for the Moffs to be represented as well?"

"Perhaps our presense there will 'entice' our alien loving Representatives of the Empire to give us more details, or perhaps slip up and give us something that they did not intend to. Our presense, along with those of our resident Intelligence officer that will be there, could only benefit us."

"Besides..." For a moment his stern and disfigured face turned even more hideous, as his thin lips smiled. "..our presense there might give Ardin pause, and make him even more weary of us, to which we could use that to misdirect him in one direction, while we plot for another."

Stef is Best

Post by StefanTheGreat »

Wulff was sitting opposite to the man who spoke last and he knew this was the moment for him to speak up and break his silence. Turning to Moff Gratchus and then again to the General he opened his lips and got his sigarr down. ''As General Wolfgaar wisely mentioned it might be wise for us to be represented there by at least one delegate to balance the allien policy of Thrawn. Though it might be a little risky to present as an opposite side to Thrawn by getting there and not trying to support the same beliefs, you see what I mean, but if you Moff Gratchus wish, I can always arrange an invitation with the Neimoidians and the Trade Monarch of the Federation of the Allied Systems personally. You see he is a good friend of mine and wont be difficult.'' He paused for a moment and as he pushed this subject aside since only Gratchus could decide he passed onto another matter.

''But I also believe that it would be wise from us to organize our stracture now before we start the open operations. I regret the loss of Jorn Vardic with whom I did a job with the Syndicate or the Obsidian Company, call it as you like. ''He said turning to the representative from this company and knowning he was lying about Vardic, he hated the man actually. ''But let me tell you that since Wolfgaar will handle our military prospect of things we also need a leadership to organize us, and of course you will be the one to chose them Moff Gratchus, the men to frame you in the top, and people to do Intelligence work, as also providing us with manpower and gunpower. I can bring money to the Moff Council via my role on the InterGalactic Banking Clan, a loan yes but with a very small interest that is at least to be said ridiculous.'' He paused again and took a sip from his whiskey, light another sigar and smiled to the Moffs. ''This is our time dear Moffs, even if you come from small sectors or large ones I shall say that if we organize correctly and each one gives to the council what he can we shall have a far greater prospect of achieving what we want.'' Then he left the ground open for the others to see if there was any comment.
Queen of the Damned

The sound of heels echoing at a rapid pace from behind "Jorn YOUR friend. I think not he though you Dooku as a loving throw back to days that made even the Emperor vomit in disgust. Dear sweet Moff Lorisend I see you brought your short sightedness to play as well. It would be wise to listen to dear Woflgarr the Red Viper is an enemy to take lightly. Perhaps getting him looking elsewhere might help. Perhaps a few of us showing up might in perpetuating the Grand Admirals paranoia, that way we can do what must be done."the strong accented voice spoke as a female with black hair and blone streaks and clad in a tight leather body suit that showed her shoulders passed behind Moff Gratchus.

The form moved on behind Wulfgarr "Jorn Vadric was murdered. Though not as a result of this endeavor a sad point, but a moot one. However there is currently a young ISS annoyance now looking into the Moffs death. She is currently looking into just who Jorn met with in the weeks and months preceding his death. Something that will not be helpful to our dear slaver moff here. What will you do if the Grand man himself asks you what you and Jorn were doing hanging out together. It was not forcing pretty purple skinned Twilek slave girls into slavery. “The woman said as she faced Wurlff with a cold stare.

She pulled out her chair then took a seat. "Moff Gratchus I apologize for being late, was double checking my sources. As for you dear Moff Lorsiend we do need structure, if Red Viper has been put as head of ISS then we have a major road block to overcome, and one who thinks he is nothing is a fool, and will bring ruin on this endeavor before it starts. Yes let’s all use our talents and do what we can, but now is a time for goals. This summit can not only help us play with our advisories heads but could give us a good chance for not only intel but setting our agenda into motion. “She said looking at Grachus."Bringing down Thrawn is only part of them equation getting more people to our side to help return us to the old order is another. Getting power is one thing. Keeping it is another.”

Seeing she had the other moffs attention “ And still in the end we need a hell of a a lot more things. Ships and supplies if we are going to war, getting people in place, Obsidian is not the only ones who have things to do. So I guess my question is the best way to attain our goals now that we have such a dangerous foe in our path? How much should we risk? If the moff uses his contacts will it come back on him then to us, or do we use our own Imperial Diplomatic services. We have a lot to consider and decide on, with very little time to act.”
ooc hope to get things going a bit more C I hope this is ok? It should help stir the hornets nest some.
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Post by Nichalus »

Wolfgaar turned his glowing red cybernetic eye, and scarred side of his face to Wulff. "The Lady Moff, has a point...Lorsreisend." He stated with his low tomb-like voice, and purposefully choosing to not address him as a Moff. "It is good enough for now, that his Grace, Moff Gratchus, is in charge, and we will 'all' follow his orders, until such a time that he decides those of you he graces with command."

"It was due to past Moff's, who could only think of themselves, and their pittance of providences, that doomed the Emperor's grand plans. All wanted the riches, all wanted their voice heard above all others. And because they squabbled over their own self-delusions, and visions of power, is the reason that the Empire is now led by a blue-skinned alien."

Turning his head back to look forward, as if he could not stomach looking at the Slaver any longer. "In other words....'Know your place'...my liege." The last part of recognizing Lorsreisend's position dripped with distain. "It is enough that you have been invited to this table by his graciousness."

Stef is Best

Post by StefanTheGreat »

Wulff looked back to the woman and then to Wulfgaar's red eye. He knew those people in this council where not to play with it and he was feeling like being deminised and he had to reply the correct way to regain his dignity and pride among the Moffs being one of the most influential and powerfull among them. He also was thinking about the comment Red Viper might be investigating him and that the fact he was a slaver was commonely known in the Imperial Intelligence. It was this moment when he understood he had being wrong and didnt paid the correct ammount of attention at the General's earlier words and that the attack that came from the two was a natural consequence at his wrong statements which inflected his ego. Lorsreisend would never admit he is wrong in public or apoligize but he spoke up trying to give Wulfgaar a credit for his words as also to the lady. He tried to calm the spirits down.

''My friends, I might also think I drag the conversation into other fields that arent so critical or urgent as this is about Delth Ardin. We must get his attention live, divert his attention from us and stroke Trhawn's paranoia. It could give us much needed cover and time to further plan and execute our goals because we cant have the Imperial Intelligence or the Red Viper behind our heels all the time.'' He paused and waited for some moments before continuing. ''I am also sorry if I didnt catch the spirit of the conversation before and led us to other subjects...'' He said indirectly admiting his mistake.
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

"Enough bickering." Gratchus finally said. "it gets us nowhere."

"We will be at Midpoint Station for the summitt. Simon has agents in place, but that is not enough. There are things we must do ourselves to gain partners and help in this endeavor. We still do not have the resources to do it alone." Gratchus stood and leaned over the table. "Many will consider us traitors for what we are going to do... but only if we fail. If we are victorious and return glory to the Empire we will be remembered as patriots. The method means nothing... victory is all that matters."

He let those statements settle in. "Simon, you will gather intelligence and attempt to obtain help from the less reputable people that will no doubt find their way to Midpoint." He looked to Trina Darkstar. "You have different sources than our friends in the Syndicate. I want you at Midpoint following Ardin's every move. You are right that he is our greatest foe in this. More than his prowess as a soldier, he is a symbol everyone in the Empire will rally around. If there is a choice between him and us, we will lose. He just be eliminated. I put that in your hands."

Gratchus turned to Loreisend. "Go to Midpoint, but you will take Wolfgaar. You have your political and banking contacts but he knows officers and other men in uniform. We will need them before this is over."

Simon spoke up. "Midpoint must fail. Peace is our enemy. The longer Thrawn has to garner his forces and rebuild the Navy, the more our chances dwindle. Midpoint must spark a war, not a peace plan."

Gratchus nodde, already understanding that. "We will have no friends in the Imperial delegation... but we shall see who arrives for the New Republic. There might be those that feel similar about the prospects of war."

"You suggest to work with the New Republic."

"I suggest we start a war with them, I don't care how." Gratchus said.

"Accidents do happen on these space stations... if an assassination attempt were to fail and traced back..." Simon tailed off.

"Work with Darkstar." Gratchus nodded. "Who else has business?"

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Selic Veras sat in the corner of the meeting room those around him oblivious to his presence. He found humor in the small things in his mind, letting politicians argue and have backroom conversations without the realization that a Jedi might be sitting in the same room had quickly moved to the top of his list. It was nothing to him to cloak himself in the Force and watch the goings on. That they had continued to debate and bicker over a stealthy game of rebelling against Thrawn. While he had no interest in seeing them come into power as a ruling body he did view this as an opportunity to fulfill his own destiny, one that would involve him rising to a prime position within the ranks of the Empire, specifically as its leader.

Drawing his feet under him Selic ran his hand over the desk as he passed by those sitting around it. His genetic makeup drew memories to mind though none were useful. That would wait for another time, though how much longer was something he was not willing to be patient on. Gratchus and his minion had been speaking long enough, manipulating the small group of self-appointed potentates to their will. Had they been speaking to anyone else they would have had them in a fighting mood, these more important types were more inclined to simply nod and hope their pockets were going to be lined at the end of the speech.

Selic closed his eyes and smiled as he felt himself slowly fade back into existence to those around him. His green and hazel eyes scanned the room watching as those who could see him suddenly realized he was there. His blood red armor ate the light like the blackness of space. Its crustacean like skin melded to his body like the body suit of a gymnast its armor plating molded to look like the very muscles they protected. His hair was jet black, spiked in nearly every angle imaginable and three scars ran over his left eye, the remnants of a Kiffari tattoo. “I do believe that Gratchus has spoken enough.”

His voice was cold, calculated and brimmed with an intoxicating tone. He held himself confidently, charismatically and yet his eyes betrayed the true evil that lay underneath, a hint of darkness that flashed here and there within his thoughts. It was enough to make you unsettled for a moment if you looked into his eyes. Until he spoke your skin crawled and then it was as if it was sunrise and you smiled simply because of it. “All this talk of hiding and secrets, shady dealings and doppelganger tactics just makes my mind swirl.”

Selic ran a hand over the seat of Simon and leaned down next to the man in the mask. He whispered just loud enough for everyone to hear but aimed it at the man. “If only that mask could hide what you’re thinking. All that effort put into hiding an identity...”

The man clucked his tongue in disapproval. “Such a tragedy, considering I know who you are…and that means far more to you than any piece of information that might exit the lips seated at this table.”

Continuing his walk Selic smiled, arrogantly in exaggeration to provide more bravado to his already theatrical display. His slow methodical pace around the room took him behind Wulff and he nearly passed the man by. He was of little importance, a moff yes but one that saw himself sitting higher on the echelon of power people than he actually was. Placing a hand on the moff’s shoulder he leaned in and touched the man’s right hand, his palm sitting over a ring on the man’s finger. Information flowed as he read it, smiling into the eyes of Wulff as he did. “Interesting…you would think a man of such stature would have more…stature.”

Selic continued his tour of the room making a stop here or there letting them dwell on his literal appearance from nowhere. He stopped next to Wolfgaar and raised an eyebrow. “You talk as if your life depended on the very mannerisms of your tongue. Impressive. I shall find a use for you.”

The demented Jedi finally stopped next to Gratchus. The self-appointed leader of this group Gratchus was more figurehead then actual leader in the Kiffar’s eyes. Placing a hand on Gratchus’s shoulder Selic looked at those around the table. “You all sit here bickering. Tossing out ‘what if’s’.”

Selic let the Force flow through his hand on Gratchus’s shoulder, lightning dancing from his fingertips into the man’s shoulder. “Gratchus is right, Midpoint must spark a war. The kind of war that will unite, not divide. The kind of war that having certain pieces to play against your enemy will give you an advantage.”

Tapping the datapad built into the table the holoprojector built into the table brought to life the image of Emperor Palpatine’s niece. It displayed various information but mainly the image was yet again being used to make an impact. “Everyone in this room should know who this is. If you don’t get out or you will find Vader remarkably sparing with his use of the Force when people disappointed him.”

Selic let go of Gratchus’s shoulder and patted him lightly on the back. “She is being held deep within the Core. Imperial Intelligence considers her to be of the highest priority when it comes to protection. What they don’t realize is that their ‘protection’ is far less a challenge to the likes of someone with my skills.”

“While I go retrieve her, Wulfgaar will be attending the Midpoint meetings. He will be using his various contacts as Gratchus’s stated earlier. Mrs. Trina Darkstar will tail Arden but he will not be harmed. He may be our greatest enemy but until he is deemed utterly hostile he will not be harmed. One of my own team will be with you. Gratchus will make the final call on killing Arden, of course he will contact me before any decision is made.”

Smiling Selic touched Gratchus’s shoulder again lightning reaching out from his fingertips to emphasis his point. “Simon will use his various contacts to find us a like-minded individual within the Republic. Let Loreisend and Wolfgaar know who the sympathizers are. They will let their golden tongues do the work.”

Selic let his mood go from one of mocking to all out anger. “Now that you all know what I want I will let you know that I do not tolerate failure.”

Selic opened the door with a flick of a wrist and the guard outside walked in as he would have done any other day. Grabbing him with the Force Selic drug him across the room toward the Jedi. “You have been on guard since this meeting began correct?”

Gurgling a response the guard was thrown against the wall and Selic spun him parallel to the ground before pulling him back toward the Jedi. Throwing a punch the Jedi landed it on the guards face. The man’s head snapped backward a sickening snap as his neck was broken from the force. Snarling Selic swept the man’s already limp legs out from under him and pinned him to the floor with a vibroblade through the chest. Looking at the politicians sitting around the table each wore a look of shock, some more than others. Simon seemed unimpressed and Selic found this most reassuring. Reaching out he touched the masked man with the Force. Remember…I know who you actually are…

Drawing himself back to his full height he left the man where he lay Selic looked at those in the room with him. “Anyone who plans on failing me, betraying me or otherwise finding a way to remove me from this position remember that killing you only takes a single thought there will be no dramatic torture or speeches. Also remember this, only I know where the Emperor’s niece is and I am your only answer to Red Viper.”

OOC: The edits are simply to fix the paragraph errors from my word processor to the boards that I missed.
Last edited by Vox on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.