SE: Tenebrous Resurrections

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Re: SE: Tenebrous Resurrections

Post by Jagtai » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Leria looked at Mahana, then Lucath.

"You really reformed?" Lucath nodded.

"Yes. But in order to do so, I had to go through a process - a process that required me to leave Imperial space. It was safer for you if you thought that I had abandoned you."

"Says you. Typically men," she sent a wink at Mahana, "they leave you for 'your sake', but when they need your help, they come crawling back." Lucath shrugged.

"If you prefer to stay here, keeping up the appearance of running this tavern while still running guns and contraband, be my guest. I'm sure Ca..."

"Don't say that name!"

"...Carlera will be willing to help me."

Leria looked ready to smack him again, but the pain in her eyes was obvious. Lucath caressed her cheek.

"Leria, I was never with Carlera." She looked up.

"But you always said..."

"I was using her name to control you. I was never Carlera's favourite. But as long as you thought her a threat, you could be controlled."

Smack. This time, Lucath did nothing to prevent it. Leria went over to the bar and took a drink, composing herself. When she turned and looked at Mahana, she was purposely ignoring Lucath.

"Allright, I'll help. What do you need?"

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 am

His straightforward acknowledgement and confession of his past sins intrigued Mahana. She'd never spent much time around reformed Darksiders, aside from Ember Rekali, whose Detori days were twenty-five years behind him. For an ugly moment she thought of Ashin.

As Leria finished fixing her drink, Mahana nodded and got her game face on.

"Simple enough. A few Jedi got captured. We have no idea where to start, but it's a safe assumption that they're either being kept in maximum security prisons or in Sith academies. Word on the street is the Enclave doesn't like to waste talent; our best guess is that they're trying to turn the captives to the Dark Side. So we need to find Sith academies, and for that we need to find Sith to track, or sources who can find those academies for us. Or, if the Enclave runs any especially infamous prisons, we need to know about those."

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:23 am

Leria considered it, still purposely ignoring Lucath. Lucath seemed to accept her reaction.

"I've heard rumours of schools being established on the planets Lorn, Calderis III and Betshish. The rumours are hearsay at most, except for Lorn. I know that academy exists; the son of one of my customers were recruited by the Enclave and sent to Lorn."

"How do you know?" Lucath asked.

"He sent a message to his mother, saying that he had been accepted into training. I could contact him, but I doubt he'd help. However," and now she looked at Lucath, "the Enclave may not object to a former Sith re-enlisting." Almost as an afterthought, she added, "it could be very dangerous, though."

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Mahana grimaced. "Infiltration wouldn't be my first choice for this mission, but sneaking up on a Sith temple is a tricky prospect, and sneaking inside one is even trickier. I don't see any other way of finding our people. Lucath? Can you think of anything better? And for that matter - do you want to wait, poke around, see what we can find, before we commit to this?"

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Lucath shrugged. "I too would prefer not to infiltrate, but I fail to see another way. I would, though, prefer to poke around. Maybe we can find the information we need another way. If the Force is with us, we may only have to infiltrate one academy rather than several."

Leria nodded. "I can try to contact the rebels. They may have an insider that can find the information you need. They may even be able to provide support in case of an assault."

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:29 am

"That sounds ideal." Mahana bit her lip, pondering.

"I'm an unexceptional Jedi, in terms of my abilities, but I do have one or two tricks - one of which I learned from some very strange people. If you're ever able to get me to a place where a significant meeting or exchange of information or event happened, like - say - within sight of a landing pad for a Sith temple, I can see things that have happened there, conversations that took place. If you can get me near the Lorn Temple and their landing pad is visible, I can tell you whether our prisoners came there.

"Not sure I want to try flow-walking inside a Sith temple, though, so that might be the limit of what my special skill can achieve."

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Leria nodded.

"I will contact the rebels. It will take a few days to prepare, however. You are welcome to stay. I can have the guest rooms prepared."

As she left, Lucath turned to Mahana.

"Well, that was Leria. How the frell did you learn flow-walking? I have only ever heard of the technique, I have never meet anyone who could use it."

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:20 pm

"I'm one of three Jedi who learned it from the Aing-Tii on the Sojourn expedition," she said. "One's a Padawan, and has issues with controlling it; one doesn't do much with it; and then there's me. I've had to use it in the field quite a bit, and though it's not saying much, I don't doubt I'm the best at it in the galaxy apart from the Aing-Tii. I can see a few years back, and sometimes forward.

"Any conversation that has happened - if I'm there, or close to it, I can hear it. Get me into a base or an academy and I can walk through a good chunk of its past, find escape routes, figure out who the dangerous ones are.

"Don't worry. I didn't have time to do that on Chalacta."

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:34 pm

Lucath nodded. A smile spread across his face when she mentioned Chalacta.

"There wouldn't have been much use for it, if you had. We were never a threat to the Jedi."

Lorn
Sith Enclave Space

The shuttle made its way into the atmosphere. Four stasis cells was placed in a row. Beside the pilot, only one other were present in the shuttle - a male Quarren, covered in red and black Sith tattoos.

The shuttle aimed for a range of mountains. The peaks were covered in perpetual fog, but the pilot knew where he was going. They entered the fog, and slowly a single peak emerged from the fog. As the shuttle closed on it, it became obvious that the peak was really a man-made structure. The pilot guided the shuttle towards a large landing pad, and sat down.

The Quarren walked out of the shuttle, followed by the pilot. He was greeted by a short, green humanoid.

"About time it is, Dana. Expected you an hour ago I did." Proc Dana bowed his head.
"I apologize, Lord Yuddic. We experienced some turbulence coming in."
"For weaklings excuses are. Test you prisoners we must. Come."

A quartet of droids arrived to move the stasis cells, as Dana followed Yuddic into the temple. The pilot lit a cigarra and walked towards the mess hall...

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:45 pm

True to Leria's word, the arrangements took a couple of days. Mahana passed the time honing her flow-walking. Leria was no fool; Mahana assumed that she would guess that Mahana was flow-walking around the area, in the past and to some extent in the future. It was, at its core, a very different kind of thing than most Jedi lore, and worked off of a different state of mind.

That wasn't to say she neglected her other training in the intervening days. In fact, she sought out Lucath for sparring once or twice, and found him a gracious winner and an infrequent loser. He was considerably better than her, and stronger in the Force to boot. Now that she had a decent idea of his capabilities, she felt she could trust him in a combat situation - and when you fight someone, you get a picture of their personality. You really get to know them. So she started to trust Lucath not to do anything stupid - in essence, in non-combat situations.

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:05 am

Somewhere in the Sith Empire

Aya Su was reviewing the final diagnostics, when she heard the doors slide open. She turned and found herself face to face with Darth Kabal - more or less, since she was some 30 centimetres taller. She bowed her head.

"Milord, you honour me." Kabal dismissed it with a wave of a gloved hand.
"Is it ready?" Aya Su nodded.
"It is."
"Good. Leave me."

Aya Su bowed her head again and left. Kabal opened the duffelbag in his hand, and withdrew several crystals and strange idols. He placed them around the great cylinder and knelt.

He began chanting, and a black and purple shade slowly materialized and began swirling around him. As he finished with the chanting, he crushed one crystal on the floor in front of him. He spit out the final words of the spell:

"Getzu amet batessa. Bakru bente palante. Barassi getzu sithu darzu!"

The black and purple shadow stopped, only to be forcibly sucked through the glass and into the cylinder. It exploded, showering the room in millions of tiny shards of glass. Kabal rose, retrieved a black robe from the duffelbag and handed it forward.

"Welcome back, my master."

A youthful voice replied.

"Thank you, my apprentice. It's good to be back" Darth Obscurus strode forward. "You must tell me everything I have missed."