Galactic Empire Recruitment

A board specifically for faction business and storylines.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, Jagtai

corsos
Man of Many Faces

Galactic Empire Recruitment

Post by corsos »

Warrant officer Gates Xorin was tired of sitting at his desk. He missed the action, the thrill of balancing on the thin line between life and death. Of course, the reason he was sitting at this desk, and had been the past three years, was the arm he lost in the middle of one such situation. On that day, the X-Wing pilot had gotten the better of him, sending his TIE fighter spiraling out of control towards a Star Destroyer.

His pilot safety system had malfunctioned, making it impossible to eject himself from the dying fighter. It took an impromptu splicing job to get himself out of the ship only moments before it crashed into the pearly white Imperial ship. He still wasn't sure what happened after he ejected. Everything blacked out and when he woke up in medical his arm was gone. Whatever had gone wrong had burned out all the nerve endings in the shoulder, making even an advanced prosthetic impossible to fit.

It was a price he would gladly pay again for the Empire, battling the Corellians and New Republic at the Battle of Corellia. It was a victory, but a costly one. Gates was a true believer, especially in Grand Admiral Thrawn, and now it was his job to find more of them. The Empire needed the brave, dedicated, disciplined and skilled to lend their service to its cause. It was a job he was proud to have.

The doors to the recruiting office slid open, and Gates stood to meet the next proud member of the Galactic Empire...

OOC

Hi everyone and welcome!

This will serve as the primary recruiting thread for the Galactic Empire. No need to post IC if you don't want to, I just wanted to spice up the thread a little bit.

If you are interested in being a member of the Galactic Empire, please post here with your character idea, and what it is you want to do! You can also post any questions you have for the Galactic Empire as well.

As you can see, my handle is corsos, though most just call me C. I've been the Imperial Coordinator since... wow... I guess 2001/2002. It's been a long run and the Empire has done tons of cool things on this board, and we hope to be part of more fun and interesting stories in the future. In the near future, I will be passing the reins to Halomek, but until then feel free to contact me via PM with any questions/ideas/comments you might have.

I would also like to stress that I am only the Imperial Coordinator. You do not need my permission or green light to do something like create an Imperial fighter pilot, soldier, or even a Captain of a ship. If you want to go out and do that, feel free to jump right in and make the Empire proud!

But I am here to give any guidance you might need, and help integrate any larger ideas or stories you might have involving the Empire. The Empire has diverged a bit from canon, and I'll be happy to explain any specifics as to how.

Welcome to the Galactic Empire!
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

:emperor:
Nivest
The Sojourner

Re: Galactic Empire Recruitment

Post by Nivest »

The entrance to the recruitment building slid open, allowing the unwelcome heat and busy atmosphere of the street to wash in. The interruption was only momentary, for as soon as the visitor entered, the door again sealed the building off from the chaotic world outside, as if it felt personally responsible to preserve the quiet murmur of Imperial efficiency in the air conditioned lobby.

A fork in the road. Apivotal point. Crossing some river that meant no turning back. A life decision. A bunch of cliches and phrases the had been hurled at him in the months that had led up to this. Various opinions, positive, negative or, the most appreciated, those that were just designed to make him think. As he smoothed his jacket and strode toward the reception desk, jaw firm and eyes a hard, blue durasteel, the young human showed that he'd thought enough, and now was the time for decision.

A handful of preliminary forms later and he found himself walking through another set of doors. While the casual observer wouldn't have noticed any reaction to the fact that the Imperial officer representing service of the Empire was missing a limb, others would have noticed a tightening of muscles in the face, and perhaps the faintest, momentary falter in his step. However, whatever doubts entered his mind dissipated as quickly as they'd come. When he spoke, there was no waver in his voice.

"My name's Cerin Plone, and I'm here join the Imperial service, Sir."

It would later strike him that it was such a simple thing to say, for something that would change his life forever.

OOC: I don't really have a direction where I'm going with this, Corsos; I just felt itch to write and your post inspired me. I was thinking that it'd be fun if you decided where I should go in the service, especially if you have a storyline you could use someone in.
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ooc neither do I, maybe we can figure something out along the way.

IC

Gates stood up from his desk and offered his one hand to the young man that entered his recruiting office. They shook, and Cerin took a seat across from him. Usually he could sense indecision from even the most ardent volunteers, but if Cerin had any he was hiding it very well.

"Tell me about yourself, why do you want to join the Imperial service?"
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

Nivest
The Sojourner

Post by Nivest »

It was a question he had been expecting, and while he'd spent the last months talking it through with others, he felt suddenly unprepared to express his reasons now that it counted. While Xorin might not have detected any wavering in him before, he certainly would see some nervousness now.

"I believe I can make a difference. I have the ability to excel in things both mentally and physically, and that means I have responsibility to put them to use."

The words had tumbled out, and he took a moment to gather his thoughts. He was thankful that officer seemed to be patient, and probably experienced this a lot. Slowly, a breath he'd been unconsciously holding escaped his lips. He ignored the voice in his mind berating him for almost blowing it, and forced himself to regain his initial composure.

"I didn't mean that I'm coming here to tell the Empire how to use me, Sir. I'm being honest when I say I have no idea, and that I haven't the slightest clue about anything related to the military. All I'm asking is that you give me a shot at trying for the best in any area where it seems like I'm suited, and wherever I end up making it is fine by me."

OOC: I've been considering what to do with my character, and I think I'd like him to end up doing something with someone like Ardin, or anyone big related to the Empire. I don't want him to be anything more than any ordinary guy who has the training and resolve to do what needs to be done, and I think that makes a good foil those characters with exceptional abilities and resources.

It would be cool if he got involved in some battle or operation while still really fresh to the service, maybe by chance, and got to start proving himself there. It doesn't have be in a big, outcome deciding way. In fact, I'd prefer if it wasn't. Just so long that still affects the more powerful characters.

If you still don't have an idea of a storyline I could be a part of by whenever you've finished his recruitment, then I'll probably just post something in the classifieds.
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

"An honest man." Gates said. "Few are willing to admit they do not know their own potential, strengths or weaknesses. You are willing to put yourself in Imperial hands, and trust us to decide what's best for you?"

"Uhh.... yes, sir." The recruit said.

Gates let a small smile dance onto his lips. "Good. If you go down the hall, there are a number of aptitude tests, that will determine where your skills are, and how you can best serve the Empire. The results are processed rather quickly, and we will know within a few minutes of the test's conclusion where to assign you for training. Please, go ahead."

ooc oh yeah.... i have a good idea. Feel free to rp the tests if you like, I assume it will be some written, some a little more unique and interesting, and then you can decide what your guys would excel at, or leave it to me. I can get you onboard the Ardin, no problem.

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

You know, and I hate to break up the sweet IC vibe this thread has going but something similar to this would make for a wicked character generation segment for a game, couldn't you just see something like this being implemented and as you go through it your choices dictate where and what kinda skills your guy has when you hit the real game world. again sorry for the interuption but I just had to blurt that out.
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron
Nivest
The Sojourner

Post by Nivest »

With a thank you and a handshake, Cerin took his leave. The directions carried him to a long, rectangular room with rows of terminals, most of which were being used by people in civilian attire. He assumed that they were recruits like himself, and the varying degrees of concentration and stress demonstrated on their faces showed which were having an easier time with the tests than others. One of imperial officers staffing the room approached him.

“ID card, please.”

The request anticipated, Cerin handed her the identification issued him at the end of the application process. The officer ran it through her datapad methodically picked out the information she needed with practiced eyes.

“Very well, Recruit Plone, you may take a seat at one of the terminals. The program will provide you with instructions after you insert your card. My name is Corporal Tanes. If you have any questions, feel free to ask myself or any of the other NCO’s in the room for help. There is no time limit, so take as much time as you need.”

“But if he makes me miss my lunch break, he’ll find himself scrubbing latrines on Kessel.”

The quip came from an officer bending over a nearby recruit's terminal. With muscles pushing the boundaries of his uniform and a neck like a bantha’s, Cerin wondered why he was babysitting fresh meat through tests, but he wasn’t about to ask.

When Tanes returned his card there was a glint of humor in her eyes.

“No official time limit, that is.”

The tests presented to him were simple enough. The Empire already had his proficiency in academic subjects from his time in university, so he was spared examination in those areas. The questions ran more in the field of logic and decision making, which he assumed would determine a capacity for command, personality and values.

While he carefully analyzed each one and felt reasonably confident in his choices, the thought that people would make decisions about who he was from a computer slightly unnerved him, and he hoped he would have an opportunity to demonstrate what he was made of in a real situation. The idea that he might not like what he'd learn about himself buzzed annoyingly in his head, until he mentally swatted it aside in order to concentrate.

By the time he’d finished, most of the recruits had already left. While Corporal Tanes’ examined the new information in his ID card, he glanced at the time, and was pleasantly surprised it'd taken less time than he thought. The rancor of a NCO also checked his chrono and emitted a satisfied grunt, to Cerin's relief. With a start, he realized Tanes had begun instructions about where to proceed next.

“…again, that’s down the hall to the left, second door to the right. Good luck, Recruit.”

In the hallway, the quiet slaps of his shoes sounding off the plasteel walls added to his sense of forebode. Had he missed something crucial? Was this another test, and if so, what kind? As he reached the room, an odd thought stood out among the raging questions in his mind; was he going to spend the next few years living in lifeless, sterile corridors? Yet, when he reached the room, a strange calm washed over him, and as if an outside force was controlling his body, he stepped through the door into the room beyond.

OOC: Corsos, I’ll let you decide whether he’s finished with the tests, or if there’s going to be something else. If the latter, I’ll leave it up to you state what it is.
Nivest
The Sojourner

Post by Nivest »

OOC: I realized I didn't really read your OOC well enough. I'll have this be the final test and, as you said, hopefully be a little more interesting than sitting at a desk ;)
Since you have an idea in mind, I'll let you assign him after it's over when you have a better idea what type of character he is. I might not get to it until later this week, though, as the next two days are my last at yeshiva, and Tuesday is a heavy fast day.

Dave, yeah, I could totally see that. It would definitely be more interesting and game immersing than assigning points to different skill areas.
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ooc ill give this some thought before I post...

corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ooc hevent forgotten you Nivest - Ill get something up before I go away this weekend

Nivest
The Sojourner

Post by Nivest »

OOC: No problem. If you don't get to it before your vacation, I understand. Either way, enjoy! :)
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ooc do'h.... Ill hit this when I get back...

PalinSoulForge

Post by PalinSoulForge »

Nivest wrote:OOC: No problem. If you don't get to it before your vacation, I understand. Either way, enjoy! :)
My Warlord threads are gonna begin again soon. Hunting down all the conspiritiers and what not if your interested in that Nivest. Gonna have fleet battles, ground battles, ect.
€╣╬╬╬╬╬╬[◦)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Lieutenant Quelos Veron waited in her chair as the recruit walked in. The report from his prior tests were on her datapad, and their mere presence meant the young man had potential in intelligence. He probably didn't even know, as was the case with most that had the proclivity for intelligence gathering and analysis. Of course, just because someone had the mind for it, did not mean they had the nerves or temperament for it. That's what she was supposed to test.

Quelos stood up with her perfect posture, and allowed her snug Imperial uniform to accentuate her rather ample curves. She understood the reasons that she was assigned this job, and accepted it. There were two things that made young men nervous, a beautiful woman, and the fear of pain and death. This would test both. She gave Recruit Clone a very small, but perceptible smile, that any man would construe as meaning she was interested in them, before regaining her stoic Imperial glare.

"Good afternoon, Recruit Plone, please take a seat." She motioned to the simple chair on the other side of her desk. He obeyed her command as she walked around him, and began speaking to his back. "Please relax, Mr. Plone. Those tests can be quite taxing, I remember them well." She closed the door to her office, and glanced over. To the recruits credit, he hadn't turned around. Instead, he was following her movements in the reflection of the framed picture behind her desk. He wasn't being obvious about it either.

"Yes, I really didn't know what to expect." The recruit answered, without a hint of nerves.

Very slowly, Quelos moved to the other side of the desk and placed her datapad down before sitting. Settling in the soft leather chair, she leaned back and crossed her legs. Her eyes rose to the recruit's gaze, and he met them without hesitation. He didn't do it with effort, nor did he seem uncomfortable. It was completely natural. She sat there for a few moments, and simply looked at him, and he looked right back.

"So Mr. Plone, I have your results here. How do you think you scored?"

ooc Nivest - she will continue to try to subtly make him nervous - see if he sweats or shows any nerves. Once he proves that he handles that part - she will go towards a more extreme measure - which I'll hit with my next post. Feel free to go from here if you want to rp a little bit of this - otherwise let me know and Ill go to stage 2.

Nivest
The Sojourner

Post by Nivest »

OOC:@corsos - I've been sick this weak, but I'm getting over it; hopefully I'll have something for you when you log on Friday.
@Dark Cleck - I got the impression that corsos already has an idea for my character, but thanks! I'll keep your threads in mind for the future :)
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ooc take your time

Nivest
The Sojourner

Post by Nivest »

Almost from the instant he saw the officer, he knew in his gut that this was another test.

Cerin lacked experience, but his instinct told him not to react to the subtle probings as little as possible. He resisted the urge to fidget, as his chair seemed expertly welded together in order to almost, but not quite, allow someone to be comfortable. To keep himself from being drawn in to her attempts to break his poise, he allowed part of his conscious to wonder if it had been custom made for discomfort, or if the Imperial army mass produced this model for interrogation.

Her last words made him smile. He'd meant what he said to the recruitment officer; he would take the tests and results as they came, and he'd left out in the corridor whatever doubts had lingered.

"I feel comfortable with my answers."

"Ah, but many people are comfortably mistaken."

"Okay, but until I have reason to think otherwise, I'm still comfortable with my choices on the test; I gave it my best."

She smirked, and he knew she'd maneuvered him where she wanted.

"And if I told you your best wasn't very good, Mr. Plone, how would you feel?"

Now he had seen something like that coming. It was a rather blunt way to erode his confidence, but she hadn't really said anything yet, and he wasn't going to budge.

"Then I'd be fine with hearing why I was wrong. Depending on if I agreed with you and that computer, I'd be willing to reconsider my choices."

He thought he saw an approving smirk dress her face, but if so, it quickly returned to being naked of emotion. Cerin didn't know if she was content with his answer, but he wasn't looking for her to be; it was simply the truth. He felt he understood the game now, and he was going to take the offensive.

"So if I may, Ma'am, I'd like to return the question back on you. How do you think I did?"

OOC: I'm really going to feel the lack of sleep later today, but I got inspired to write by your post in the Cult of Shadow thread ;)

EDIT: Touched up a bit after a little sleep
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ooc post up tomorrow

corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ooc sorry Nivest, I cant come up with something right now... if you want to move this along in the meantime, feel free.

Nivest
The Sojourner

Post by Nivest »

OOC: No worries. I'm flying to America in a couple days, so I don't know if I'll have a chance to get something up before you do. I'm also okay with my character moving ahead to his actual service with whatever you had in mind.
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Quelos sat down at her desk, and glanced down at the series of readings on the digital readout. His brain and body readings came out fine. They remained flat through the entire exercise. The kid knew how to keep his cool. There was only one other thing.

Looking back up to the young man, she began.

"What I think is irrelevant. It is my job to look at your test results, and other factors to determine your use to us. You don't seem completely incapable to me, but your tests say otherwise."

Still flat... impressive....

"In fact you've wasted all of our time, especially mine, and my time is very valuable Recruit Plone."

Nothing... impressive self control.

"Then I should go?" Plone asked.

"No." She said. "Because you just passed. Your self control is impressive Plone. You are going to be assigned to intelligence operations. You are raw and will get more training at your destination. Get your personal things in order, and you orders will be delivered to you."

ooc there you go - you can show up on the reforging connections thread and we'll go from there...

Nivest
The Sojourner

Post by Nivest »

OOC: On Sunday I had the first meeting for the recruitment process with the I.D.F., and it was actually pretty similar to how it played out in this thread. The main differences were that practically the entire recruitment center is staffed by 18 through 21 year olds (primarily female), and they didn't try to "break me" in an interrogation room. I probably wasn't nearly as collected as my character, either, but that was largely due to the level of my Hebrew.
DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Can i start a char in the Imperial Navy?From the grade you think reasonable.
http://starwarsexodus.blogspot.com/

STAR WARS EXODUS OFFICIAL BLOG

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

What kind of character did you have in mind?
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!
DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Like a captain of the navy as i said raised by an Imperial family from Coruscant and want joined the navy.He will be young age because i want to RP and develop the char from the early ranks.But i need action ;)

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre »

Make him an Ensign, which is the lowest officer rank. A Navel captain is the Equivelent of a Colonel, which would have considerable experience..
DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

If this is done,where i will start?

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

He doesnt have to start as low as an Ensign - you are looking to command a ship?

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

It would be nice to have a ship on a fleet.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Fleet is too much to start, but a mid-size ship, like a Frigate or Cruiser is a good place to start.

Any preference?

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

AN interdictor by itself doesnt really do all that much. It is usually used in support of larger battle groups.

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

So C. suggest me something that would work.You surely know better than me.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Can't go wrong with an ISD. ;)
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

ISD is a bit much for a new character - Id like him to work his way up to that.

Im always partial to a Strike Cruiser - giving you a chance to have fighters and army personnel on board.

You could also take an older VSD if you prefer. Hal would you have an issue with that?

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

No issue here.

You might also look into a Vindicator Cruiser or one of its variants, the Enforcer Picket Cruiser (basically the same frame as an interdictor, but the gravity wells have been removed and all that extra power put to use boosting the ship's systems).
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!
DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

I like a Vindicator cruiser.

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Looks good to me.

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj »

How we will do it?IC i mean start it how?

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX
corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

DO you have a backstory you want to play out? If not simply create the character on a thread and start rolling.