Lords of the Realm OOC (Open MBT thread)

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Lords of the Realm OOC (Open MBT thread)

Post by Halcyon508 »

So I was planning a thread to take place in the Tion Cluster and the Tion Hegemony which was semi styled after Rome or Ye Olde Italy with a system of Peerage and Houses or Families of influential nobility. When Ryo came back I asked him what his characters were and what type of thread he'd be interested in and he took a liking to the Tion Cluster and that sort of environment for a thread. So we're getting ready to do it and we figured we'd fish some people and get some input to better come up with a story and as I said get some other RPs onboard.

So far we got his character Kyle Turan on the Wiki. The character is an exiled Prince turned Jedi Knight. Parents were slaughtered and he fled to the NR and the Jedi.

My character is Luc Tion-Deradi who is a young Prince and something liek 10th in line for the Throne of Tion (High King or some other appropriate title) and originally (before I talked to Ryo) was going to end up being crowned Luc Tion-Deradi the Unlikely and become the leader. Obviously now that it is open I'm expecting changes and this is something that may or may not change, I donno.

The General idea of the thread is that the Sith (I have a character but we can possible use another one) basically has their fingers on the strings. We're looking at doing an adventure thread where we stumble through assassination plots and courtly intrigues and maybe a few battles to uncover (and possibly strike against and eliminate) the Sith presence. So any takers?
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani
Pryngles

Re: Lords of the Realm OOC (Open MBT thread)

Post by Pryde »

Is my slave character still in this? (It was the Tion Cluster she was supposed to be in, right?)
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Post by Halcyon508 »

Pryde2000 wrote:Is my slave character still in this? (It was the Tion Cluster she was supposed to be in, right?)
If you want her to be.
Domani, forget domani
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

I do, 'cause Naomi's wiki has been up for months and I have no idea what she's like. :P

Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

I got me Raxus! I don't know how/if they'll be involved in the larger scheme of things, Halc, but I'm up for whatever, as it's your territory.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.
80% Man, 10% Hard Liquor, 10% Beer

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

I believe the court intrigue amongst the houses would be quite fun to RP. Kyle Turan is the youngest son of the House of Turan, from Bergas. Other details are yet to be determined, but luckily that I'm sick and took a sick day tomorrow, I have tons of time to flesh everything out.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

I gotta do some work too (and research) all I really know about Naomi is that she's a xenobiologist turned slave girl. I bet she's even smarter than her masters. :P Which is quite possible since Sylarians are highly advanced in terms of science, but they're also pacifists which made taking over their entire planet with a single ship rather easy.

Post by Halcyon508 »

Incidentally about Raxus Cadden. I'm going to put Raxus and Raxus Prime in the same system. It isn't clear in canon if they are so unless someone has a problem with this and tells me I'm going to say they are in the same system. To me it makes sense. Raxus Prime is in the Raxus System and has a second planet in it...

Anyways that is where Luc Tion-Deradi will end up being "exiled" to. And he's most likely going to be Naomi's master Pryde *nods*
Domani, forget domani
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Speaking of which, since we're talking about a Sith here, all Sylarians have a strong affinity for the Force though not all of them have the same training. Naomi in particular has no training at all but her potential (and her resentment towards being a slave) may prove quite enticing. Just an idea, Halc. ;)

Post by Halcyon508 »

Is that a not so subtle hint Jojo? I didn't catch it....
Domani, forget domani
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Well, we talking about the whole Raxus Prime stuff before, Halc, and we came to this same conclusion. I have no issues with it, as I didn't before.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Her resentment towards her masters and her Force potential could be enticing to the Sith, I mean.

Post by Halcyon508 »

Cadden wrote:Well, we talking about the whole Raxus Prime stuff before, Halc, and we came to this same conclusion. I have no issues with it, as I didn't before.
I understand that. I'm just putting it up publicly so if someone has a legit complaint against doing it they can comment.

And yeah I was being sarcastic Jo lol. Yeah it could be nice to try to convince her of that. Too bad it was also the Sith captured and enslaved her right?

Anyways something I figured we could use in the thread as well is an older Jedi character who can kind of temper our Young Prince whose entire family was killed. What do you think of that Ryo? Someone to council against vengeance and all that jazz. I can come up with a character if no one else volunteers anything.
Domani, forget domani
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Do you mean her master's the Sith? Or just the people who enslaved her originally? 'Cause those people were Balsa's Ingr'Nysk, who invaded her planet and starting selling her people off for their looks. Their tendency to dress all in white coupled with their white hair and pale faces make them seem almost angelic. Their physical prowess, though, are a bit lacking so no physical labor for her. :P

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

That would be good for me, especially since he is a young Jedi with minimal training. He definitely has motivations to bring justice to the people that killed his family, but seeing as that he is a Jedi, the desire to be restored to the throne of House Turan could cause problems. However, that is something that is far off and not really important right now.

Post by Halcyon508 »

Yeah. Not to mention I don't care who you are... if you're entire loving family was killed there has to be a part of you out for revenge.
Domani, forget domani
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Sounds to me this Kyle character and Nova should meet. They already have a lot in common. ;)

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

Well of course there is going to be some sort of revenge plot that has to test the bounds of his desire for justice. That's just the basis for any story dealing with people killing families, especially monarchies.

Post by Halcyon508 »

Alright well we need to think of how to get everyone involved then. I mean to get the lordling and slave involved is easy. I'm thinking for the Jedi we can do a coincidence thing where they were chasing criminals/pirates who went over the boarder or a planned thing where they end up going to open up relations with the Tion. What do you all think?
Domani, forget domani
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Well, there should be no doubt as to how I'm going to be involved. The whole slaving thing is practically a shoo-in for my guys.

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

The whole Jedi tracking criminals through the system could easily lead to a resurgence of his desire to visit justice upon the people that killed his family. Or some other means that would make for a great story.
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

I have a Jedi or two that might fit the bill, if you want.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters

Post by Halcyon508 »

Jagtai wrote:I have a Jedi or two that might fit the bill, if you want.
Yeah I'd love to RP with you again Jag. So now that we have a Jedi it's all about trying to come up with an excuse that isn't hammy to get the Jedi into the cluster.
Domani, forget domani
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins

My characters

Post by Halcyon508 »

I'm writing the introduction post right now. Might take a bit longer than originally anticipated. Umm the basic synopsis (I almost wrote synapses lawl) is the Jedi are on a light corvette/customs ship type dealy belonging to the Antarian Rangers. Normally if you didn't know who they were I'd tell you to look them up but Wookieepedia's April Fools Joke is "3D" and I get head aches just looking at them. Basically they are a group of volunteers who act as a Jedi army but in relatively small numbers. The Jedi are going to be after a dangerous assassin that a single Jedi can't take alone. He's an Anzati, basically a vampire, and he's fleeing. In the chase the ship will get ambushed and they will trace the assassins ship to a place where a bunch of ships are gathering and then enter the noble and his slave.

I figure if you're tracking an assassin around the Tion cluster you would want a native that knows the lay of the land thus Ryo's character. Also if you're sending him... well you want experience and maturity to temper his whole vengeance thing. Thus Jag's character.

Edit: Another reason for the possibly long time. I HATE writing first posts.... they are always really hard for me.
Domani, forget domani

Post by Halcyon508 »

I posted up a first post. I intend to post a second post detailing what is going on in the ship they are about to come aboard and all of them. I'm going to start writing it in about an hour... I just figured the Jedi might want to react to is happening and... well I'll be honest I was starting to get a cramp in my hand writing it so I decided to stop lol. Pryde our two characters are coming up in the next post. I figure you wouldn't be able to post right away your characters reactions anyways because well.... you need to post in Sage's Destiny and the Dragon Age thread *nods*

Umm feel free to RP Commander MkOyer he's an NPC. I think his personality is pretty clear. I kinda made him vengeful cause I figured it would be neat to have two contracting characters (Jedi and Commander) around Ryo's character who would be fighting his internal dealio.

Edit: Also any comments on the first post and how it set the scene/tone and any CONSTRUCTIVE *stares at Jag* criticism would be appreciated.
Domani, forget domani
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Speaking of constructive criticism, where's the constructive criticism of that PM I sent you? :P

Post by Halcyon508 »

Pryde2000 wrote:Speaking of constructive criticism, where's the constructive criticism of that PM I sent you? :P
I tried to call you and talk about it. But noooo you didn't answer your phone...

Anyways I was avoiding writing it. The weather changed pretty bad and when I got into my accident I broke my wrist and hand so typing right now is really really bothering me.
Domani, forget domani
DX Army Cadet

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

I Could do a Character... is there anything specific you would like, or can i do whatever?

because i've got an idea about what i would like to do...
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

I was just wondering what's up with the remaining 9 kids.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Post by Halcyon508 »

Mirrodin2nd wrote:I was just wondering what's up with the remaining 9 kids.
Probably get assassinated, accidents, things like that. Could do a whole plot of it.... and maybe I am *shifty eyes*
Domani, forget domani
DX Army Cadet

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

Sense the gov't we're going to be RPing in is based on Rome, i'm guessing thier is a 'Legionnare Commader' Position, or at least a Captain, that commands a specific Legion. my concept is a Young Soldier who just got bumped up to that position who recently gets off on a Leave going home to his wife, a Smuggler who retired to be a At-home wife to her husband and have a safer life...when they get sucked into the adventure.
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Just to be sure, my Jedi is supposed to react now, right?

yes.

My characters

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

My plan was to take on the role of the returning Prince who is looking for vengeance/justice, but is still a part of the Jedi Order. This would leave a large part for the Jedi to take action on behalf of the Jedi Order. I'm not sure what Halc would suggest, but thats sort of where I was going with the whole thing.

Post by Halcyon508 »

So Jag. The reason why your past randomly says yes now... I hit edit instead of quote lol. I didn't realize I had the ability to edit posts yet and wasn't paying attention lol. Anyways yes you're jedi is reacting now. I also threw in two old Jedi characters of Pryde and mine.
Domani, forget domani
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Posted. She's a lot less haughty than she seems at the moment.

My characters
This Space Available

Post by Ghost »

Hrm you mentioned assassination plots, although it might be something that can interlink two different plots we have going.

You could always discover something to do with Alyesa, this way we can integrate it into the thread she will be in with Kuat. In turn, it would give reason as to why a certain someone would be assigned to protect her. Obviously something has to happen prior to that in order for that level of intervention.

I have a bill(yes a real bill) which I have been coming up with to propose before the New Republic Senate so to speak..but I have to speak with Mir regarding that, might be able to set the stage for the first attempt there.

Anyways, cool? Or no?

Post by Halcyon508 »

Yeah Ghost we can work something in there.

Also guys I probably won't post until monday, or if I do it will be short. I got a huge warhammer 40k tourney I'm going to (60 people right now) which if I do well can earn me an invite to the Las Vegas invitational, The Throne of Skulls! So yeah doing that this weekend. There are National and International Champions going to be there.... kinda excited.
Domani, forget domani

Post by Halcyon508 »

Alright posted. BTW came in first and earned an invite to the throne of skulls.

So feel free to not bother RPing boarding the ship and just end up in the line of well wishers and petitioners. I think I gave a good enough feel for the room for you all to work off of.
Domani, forget domani