Map Update

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Re: Map Update

Post by Darkheyr »

It was, before the invasion plan came along. There were some changes to accomodate that (check the Sith map he made), and he probably missed part of it.
coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

I know this might have already been addressed but I was looking at the map and the current version appears to be devoid of a key to allow someone to better read it and understand which colors belong to which governments and what not... there used to be one but it seems to have vanished at some point during the revison process...
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron
Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

Archangel wrote:Where's the key for the map?
halcyon508 wrote:Coming eventually. Cadden said he's intending to work on that particular aspect.
Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

In my defense, my hard drive was recently replaced. So it's going to be a little bit.

Like I said last time, I'll get to it when I get to it. Believe it or not, compared to other things around here and things IRL, this is pretty low on my to-do list. ;)
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.
coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

I dig, like I said, was looking at it and just thought I'd mention it.
The Lost Holocron
Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Yeah, not a problem.

I just figured it was due for an update in terms of (lack of) progress. For the "veterans" that look at the map, it's all self-explanatory... but still... yeah... eventually, I'll get to it.

Eventually.

Unless, you know, Halc decides he's tired of waiting, then he might. :P
coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

Well I know the green and red dots but the rest are a total mystery to me
The Lost Holocron
PalinSoulForge

Post by PalinSoulForge »

Can we get a list here on the OP for the time being?

Thanks
€╣╬╬╬╬╬╬[◦)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Dark Red = CE, Light Blue = Mando, Black = SE, Dark Green? = BSC... those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I think we have orange in there somewhere, too... and there's Muir which has some color, they control Kamino for reference, so yeah.

Not the best deal, but if Halc wants to put up a list on top the thread, he can, like you suggested.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Muir is yellow.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life
SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The star Len'Ceelohan has been destroyed.
Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

I had some computer stuff and... reacquiring... Photoshop was proving to be a bit difficult to do. Things seem to be back and running well, now... I'll see about getting that legend done this month. Need to talk to Halc first, though, see if we're still going to do some work before I start on it.
Maul_Junior
One of a Kind Bachelor
Location: Follow the shivers running down your spine (okay, so I'm in the doghouse)

Post by Maul_Junior »

Cadden wrote:
Halcyon508 wrote:Cadden is working on a map key... RIGHT Cadden?
Uhh... map key... ummm... oh! Yeah! Right. Right. *Shifty eyes*

:P
Jack Thompson wrote:I think I’ve got a First Amendment right to annoy people
Some people hate Canadians...Two of my favorite Science Fiction Characters are Canadian: Rodney McKay and Deadpool.

Deadpool+Siryn 4ever
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Okay so I only had an OLD version of the map that I was doing something with. I'm pretty sure it was going to be the start of an April fools map. Anyways I went over and I had to reconstruct ALOT of it. I changed some colors around, NR Red and Imperial Blue which is how they apear on cannon maps. Also it helps us see the Crimson Empire which is crimson. Also i condensed the Unknown Region governments with the consent of those involved (Jag, Balsa, Beorht, Dark). the UR looks alot less clustered now.

Anyways guys as I said this was originally an April Fools map (I think) and I used the other map to check it over and make sure there wasn't like Earth or anything weird on it... buuut... I'd like it if people could go over things and just make sure its accurate. You know other pair of eyes and such.

I will try to update the map regularly from now on but frankly its alot of work for alot of grief so I'm pretty sure I'll burn out and start doing big updates like I did before instead of little ones when folk ask. BUUUT I will try to stay positive.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2977/exodusmap.jpg
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani
Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr »

Muskree was occupied by Darth Sirena as staging point for the SE campaign; so it probably shouldnt be NR.
Yavin was imperial-occupied, though I don't know why. Sith, NR, Anari or neutral would make more sense given its location.
Elorn (between Arda and Nassus) is still misspelled - it should be Elom.

Thats what I can spot at a first glance. Also, have you talked to Beorht about adding Celesta and the Emerald Way?
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Darkheyr wrote:Muskree was occupied by Darth Sirena as staging point for the SE campaign; so it probably shouldnt be NR.
Yavin was imperial-occupied, though I don't know why. Sith, NR, Anari or neutral would make more sense given its location.
Elorn (between Arda and Nassus) is still misspelled - it should be Elom.

Thats what I can spot at a first glance. Also, have you talked to Beorht about adding Celesta and the Emerald Way?
Yeah I've talked to Beorht. As I told him I wasn't adding new stuff with this map i was just trying to get it up to what the old map was. New stiff will come a bit later. Also for some reason I can't get trade routes to look right lol. Also I have a bit of a personal problem with a trade route through the unknown region as there is that hyperspace disturbance that took 6 Jedi Masters and 12 Jedi knights to pierce and is "impenetrable to conventional hyperspace mapping" but you know who cares because somehow we managed to defy all established patterns and practices and get through creating a trade route major enough through shifting hyperspace lanes that it competes with the major shipping routes. Just a pet peeve from a personal point of view, I can't get it to look right on the map though. I don't know how I did edits to trade routes previously but how I've tried recently doesn't do it, there is something up with the layer options maybe? I donno.

Yavin btw was NR on the old map I just checked. You're right about Muskree and Elom though! So that's changed now.
Domani, forget domani
Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr »

We talked about that particular trade route, Halcyon. Months ago. And you even agreed about one of the possible reasons I offered ;)
And no, its not a "Corellian Trade Spine" or similarily major route. Its still not easy - its simply the most well-charted route from Celesta to the JE/KD, it has fortified stops along the way, and way stations employing scout ships and hyperspace records to aid in navigation or retrieving stray ships. Thus, its trade artery no 1 between those areas. Thats all. *shrug*

Edit: As for Yavin, it was imperial on the small map you provided for the SE thing, thats where I got it from. Odd.
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Darkheyr wrote:We talked about that particular trade route, Halcyon. Months ago. And you even agreed about one of the possible reasons I offered ;)
Doesn't mean I can't complain and voice my opinion.

Yeah the SE Map was OLD OLD Map only thing that was accurate on it was SE stuff.
Domani, forget domani
Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

The XE part looks fine, though it's missing Gilnor. (I understand that this is just to get the map to date.) You can add that whenever you get the chance. If/when you do, I'd appreciate it if it were placed to the south, and slightly further from the rest of the XE cluster. I doesn't have to be too far, but just to show a little that it's on the outskirts of XE space.

Thanks!
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Balsa wrote:The XE part looks fine, though it's missing Gilnor. (I understand that this is just to get the map to date.) You can add that whenever you get the chance. If/when you do, I'd appreciate it if it were placed to the south, and slightly further from the rest of the XE cluster. I doesn't have to be too far, but just to show a little that it's on the outskirts of XE space.

Thanks!
Does Gilnor NEED to be on the map? I ask because we (the boards) have talked about the reduction of whats goes on there for indies in the past and specifically mentioned that not every world in an indy needs to be there so I just want to make sure its important and needs to be there. I's jut better to check is all.

I'm considering in the future asking that all worlds that go on the map have a wiki because its easier to do updates and check on things (specially neutral planets) where there is a wiki for it for me to check.
Domani, forget domani
Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr »

Eh, if there's room.... Especially if its NOT part of the usual XE territory. Sounds sensible to me.
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Darkheyr wrote:Eh, if there's room.... Especially if its NOT part of the usual XE territory. Sounds sensible to me.
I'm not saying it isn't sensible I'm just making sure is all...
Domani, forget domani
Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

Yeah, it's part of an RP that I did and may still revisit if/whenever I find the time. In fact, it probably, technically, has more fluff/lore/RP than any of the other XE worlds, minus Farraege.
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Balsa wrote:Yeah, it's part of an RP that I did and may still revisit if/whenever I find the time. In fact, it probably, technically, has more fluff/lore/RP than any of the other XE worlds, minus Farraege.
Alright I'll put it on. But make a wiki for it *nods*. The Wiki is my friend.

Edit: updated.
Domani, forget domani
Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

Thanks. I thought there was a wiki for it, but I guess not. I'll get to that "soon".
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

*pokes* Yeah Wiki... *pokes*
Domani, forget domani
Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

So you do all of the map updates, Adam? I don't know why I didn't know that until now. :)
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa
DorsetKonig
Location: Right Here. Sometimes over there, and a few places in between.

Post by DorsetKonig »

Looks pretty good from what I can see, although Taris should be marked as Imperial occupied.
"Overwhelming odds do not always matter, especially when the valiant warrior knows his only alternative is unacceptable: Death."
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

DorsetKonig wrote:Looks pretty good from what I can see, although Taris should be marked as Imperial occupied.
Yes it should be! Anyways changed it.

Edit: Oops I was about to tell you that you needed to post buuut umm... yeah you did event sent me a PM and I ever replied to the PM lol. It was a late night.
Domani, forget domani
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2977/exodusmap.jpg

Updated. I think its up to par now.
Domani, forget domani
Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

Sad that I can't see it from work.
Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Why is the NR red and the GE blue?

EDIT: And it's Kushibah, not Kaushibah.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Jagtai wrote:Why is the NR red and the GE blue?

EDIT: And it's Kushibah, not Kaushibah.
Those are their canon colors on the canon maps.Also before you couldn't really see the Crimson Empire. Since it mostly boarders the Empire it made sense to change colors so I could make the Crimson Empire different or I could canonize the map a bit and change the Empires color. I choose the later.
Domani, forget domani
Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

Looks good, but you miscolored the NR and GE. They should be the same color as the XE, given that, you know, the XE owns all of those systems.

*hands Halc $100 bill*

*nods*
Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Balsa wrote:Looks good, but you miscolored the NR and GE. They should be the same color as the XE, given that, you know, the XE owns all of those systems.

*hands Halc $100 bill*

*nods*
*nods* they should all be... I donno salmon? Its like a fleshy pink.... either way soon the whole map will be that color. *nods*

Anyways if there isn't anything else on the map I think I'll post it to the Wiki.
Domani, forget domani
StefanTheGreat
Stef is Best

Post by StefanTheGreat »

Sorry for interrupting but can FAS have a colour? http://starwars-exodus.wikia.com/wiki/F ... ed_Systems :)
StefanTheGreat the Dark Lord of...
...wait a minute...nah...title not working...
...LOLito-Chomoloco! :P
Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Adam's been the primary go-to person for the map since, about, May of '09. 'Cause I started tech school in that timeframe, and I knew I couldn't keep up while I was away. It kinda defaulted to him taking it over, since I mostly disconnected myself from it during that period.

I've been trying to get back into it, but frankly, since then I've had other priorities, or just no time. Or, in the current case, both.
Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Please add the Jen'ari Empire the NEXT time you do updates. I sent it to you, Hal. Gives me plenty of time for continuous role playing before it is put up. Thank you.
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa
Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

NEWS ON THE MAP!

I'm starting this project back up, with some major updates on the horizon. There will be no published update for a while, however, unlikely until summertime or so.

That said... I think the map on the Wikia is the most up to date one we have. With some minor additions and modifications made on my part for my own stuff that is in the works on the latest version of the map I have for editing. With that in consideration, if anyone has any updates that they want to see... keeping in mind I will not be publishing a new version to the Wikia for some months... please feel free to post them here, and I will get to them. I do not want anything posted here other than update requests, to keep from losing information and make it as accurate as possible.

Other agendas I have for the map:

1) Adding a legend! (Finally!)
2) Updating planet/system locations as per the Essential Atlas.
3) Toying with the idea of territories, again, and sector layers.
4) Adding and updating minor hyperlanes.

If you would like to see another agenda to this list, please say so and label it appropriately on this thread, and I will take it into consideration.
Cadden
Mand'alor

Revival!

Post by Cadden »

Good news, everyone! I am officially bringing the galaxy map back to the sway!

However, I'm starting it over, from scratch, this time. Because when I handed it over my methodology was not followed, and as such a lot of it wound up all fubared, and frankly, it'll be easier for me to go from scratch (again) than picking up and dusting it off.

The version of the map I am using as a basis to build VERSION 3!® will be the latest one on the Wikia. This is both a complete rehaul and an upgrade, all in one. Think The Incredible Hulk to Hulk or Avengers using Mark Ruffalo to Incredible Hulk using Edward Norton. Follows the same continuity established by the predecessor, but makes drastic changes without apology. :)

That said, my previous post still stands on what will be done. So, to consolidate, I will be doing the following (in order - duh):

1) Making the map BIGGER!
2) Adding new locations as per the Essential Atlas!
3) Auto-retconning Exodus-determined locations for canon planets, unless an outcry happens and an angry mob appears on my front yard.
4) LEGEND! FINALLY! (If I do this with the initial reconstructed product, then I won't keep putting it off!)
4a) Change in government colors to reflect canon-established colors more accurately.
5) Sectors (as a beta test, see what people think) as well as territory boundary lines/shades (again, beta test).
6) Hyperlanes! More of them! Because we love our details!
7) Grids! Mandalore is located at coordinates O-7! Now you know where that is! (See this for an example.)

Now... there are two primary reasons why I'm not just updating the current map. First... expanding the galaxy map size makes updating the current one pointless. Second, Photoshop is a powerful tool, but it's not that powerful. I use layers like nobody else's business, and labels to each planet, hyper lane, etc. on my version of the map is alphabetized (so I can find it easier). Plus, the font I was using mysteriously disappeared, and it's ridiculously hard to find. It's a lame reason, but I'd rather not find a "close enough" font and have to go about editing each. single. text field to accommodate for this change.

There's more... more more more more more more more... but... I'm done yapping.

When will this happen? Estimation? Maybe I can give it to you all as a Christmas present. Or maybe I'll run out of momentum and put it off for another 3+ months. Time will tell. ;) But I'll be getting on it... soon as I have the time for it. RPing comes first! And closing out the Trayus storyline. (So long as others actually... you know... post along that bit.... ;)) But that shouldn't take much longer, and once the MBT side of things settles in for me, I'll be putting more time into this. Once I figure out a more convenient way of working with Photoshop..... :?

To close... this is what I need from you guyz:

Updated, accurate information on planets and regions of space, etc. as of the time of your post! Nothing that is "about to happen" etc. Just... as of when you post. You can post updates to whatever you need to afterwards, I'm cool with that. Anything following this post will be monitored and taken into consideration while I rebuild the map. So, for example, if Mir has arranged with the GE that the NR is reclaiming Coruscant, but it isn't happening until July 2016... I don't want to see Mir saying, "Make Coruscant NR." Kapeesh? This is also going along with any updated placements of any and all governments.

Exodus-created governments: I am not adding new worlds to your territories unless they are deemed "critical planets" to your governments. So no Planet Bob for the BSC, unless Planet Bob holds true significance. I'm not adding worlds just because the size of the map has been increased. That is not the reason for me increasing the number of pixels on the image. The reason is to alleviate the crowded nature that has begun to show on the last version of our map.