I need the whole boards Help

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Would you care if i took over the Hutt Empire

Yes
48%
No
28%
I need to know more
24%

Total votes: 25

Harekon

I need the whole boards Help

Post by Harekon » Mon May 05, 2003 12:53 pm

Ok I'm in a bind here. I would like to take over the Hutt Empire. I have a really good story to do this all ready made up, But I want to know what every one thinks. If you have any questions about the story IM.

AIM: RTLepant

MSN: harekonSWG@hotmail.com

Harekon

Post by Harekon » Mon May 05, 2003 2:55 pm

Ok for the story i was planing on having the current Hutt space divided up into three different factions. The most powerful of the three would take over the others in what would be a civil war so to speak. This would cause the Hutt economey to regain strength after all three faction were reunited. Then the Leader of the Empire would set up a Council of Elders there he or she would get information about the state of the economey, the defencive forces, and other important information. The Leader would the Try to clean up the image of the Empire, one thing he would do is ban slavery, reduce the flow of spice to the NR, and other governments. They would the turn over many of the outlaws with in their gov't.

Coal
"Into the flames"

Post by Coal » Mon May 05, 2003 4:35 pm

Sounds like a good idea. Having such a big part fo the galaxy controled by the Hutts but not RPed seems kinda wrong.

But I don't know if I could belive the whole Hutt race would go legite. A few, yes. But all of them, even if it's forced?
Ignorance is its own death sentence.

Reality overrides theory. And intelligence.

The universe is vast, infinite, and full of wonders and miracles to prove just how stupid and unimaginative we really are.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Mon May 05, 2003 4:58 pm

I'm kinda curious (and no offense), but how much do you know about Hutts?

The idea of the Hutts as a race going legit just seems wrong. They're the crimelords of the galaxy after all.

The Hutts have a strong superiority complex which makes them see themselves as being above any laws except their own. Thus, the reason they deal in both sides of the law, because they don't see it as wrong. More importantly, Hutts love to aquire wealth, and ignoring lucrative dealings in the underworld would never cross their mind - slavery included.

It's also not uncommon for a Hutt to liken himself to a god compared to the other races. In other words they could care less to what happens to any race except theirs (slavery again) as long as they make a profit from it.

Lastly, the Hutts already have many factions (more than three) called kajidics (SP?), that are made up of different Hutt families.

Don't get me wrong, if someone can control Corellian space, then I don't see why someone can't RP Hutt space, but I think your story needs a lot of work. Right now it seems pretty farfetched.
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

LordSokhar
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by LordSokhar » Tue May 06, 2003 12:57 pm

Corellia is one star system. If you look at the map, Hutt space is bigger than almost all of the indie govs.

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: No.
"From small cruelties, greater ones are born."
- Kreia, KotOR II: The Sith Lords

Me: Hair styles and bank statements can change on a dime. But syphillis and stupidity last a lifetime.
Ryan: As does herpes.
Me: Yep, just ask Michael Vick. ;)

The Devil

Post by The Devil » Tue May 06, 2003 12:59 pm

How about, instead of taking the SE over, you destabilized it, and caused the 'government' to collapse, allowing for the space and planets to be used for other governments and roleplaying.
Gamaliel... 'cept better! :evil:

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Tue May 06, 2003 1:22 pm

Well there's this little problem that there is no real Hutt Empire... The Hutts are a loose confederation of well Hutts that control a region commonly refered to as "Hutt Space". They aren't technically the government of the region they just control it through and through via any number of nefarious means.

Now if you are refering to the Hutt Criminal Empire... well that's a whole other ballgame, but even so I'd say no because on principal I don't think anyone should be controling entire "governments" of any ilk criminal or other wise..

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Tue May 06, 2003 1:30 pm

so how about we take that border off the map?

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Tue May 06, 2003 1:35 pm

Heh... the Hutt clans always warred. That much I can tell you, without repeating others. :D
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

Jack_Sigma
'And So it Goes'

Post by Jack_Sigma » Tue May 06, 2003 2:40 pm

Without repeating what other said...

Some of the Hutt clans had their own systems and the such, and maybe it would be easier for you to take control of one of them, and put up a legit front, while practicing illegality in the background. It does seem kinda unlikely that even one Hutt clan would go legit though, let alone all of them...

Plus, a civil war would sooner result in all of them being dead than all of them being brought together under one leader...

Just my two creds, feel free to disregard my opinion :).

Harekon

Post by Harekon » Tue May 06, 2003 4:25 pm

I was going to do some thing along the lines of puting up a legit front, while still doing the illegal stuff at a smaller scale. I also think that uniting them could be done, espically with all the new gov't's poping up. Sok i agree about the size, if i would take it over i would give up a large poration of the space. I really can't and will not get mad, so feel free to make comments. That is why i put this up. I wanted to see twhat the Boards said befor acting on this.

Harekon

Post by Harekon » Thu May 08, 2003 3:10 pm

ok, i have come to a conclusion. I'm not going to rp the Hutt Empire, but what do you guys think of me RPing say just a crime boss, just in like one faction?

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Thu May 08, 2003 3:12 pm

I don't see any problems with that.
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

TrevetOlivaw

Post by TrevetOlivaw » Thu May 08, 2003 3:15 pm

Sure. It would be even cooler if you took control of a smaller one then slowly and carefully RPed your way to one of the more influential Hutt cartels.

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox » Thu May 08, 2003 3:53 pm

Hutt space needs to stay on the map so some newbie doesn't got claiming it for his own government.

sidekick
Prince of Skankers

Post by sidekick » Fri May 09, 2003 1:47 am

OOC: It's been said before, but I'll throw my two pennies into the Bull Ring...

Control one of the many factions, perhaps one of the more legit ones, and slowly build it to be one of the more influencial ones in Hutt Space. But don't form any sort of government with the Hutts - it would be unrealistic. And remember, you can have the same amount of fun with an illegal crime cartel with what you can have with a government not many people would warm to.