Balance and Science OOC

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Red Dragon

Balance and Science OOC

Post by Red Dragon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:39 am

So here is the ooc for my thread... yay.

I'm making this now because i'm hitting a kind of slump. I'm trying to write more with my three force users, from the perspective of Mira about how different the Je'daii are from the Jedi and sith. How they come to view that the balance of the force isn't necessary for the galaxy, that the force finds its balance its self. That the Je'daii are a harder road to follow because they seek balance of the force within. And aren't a simple cult that practices light and dark side powers. That in doing so they bend the force to their will but also follow its flow at the same time...

The problem is what i'm typing up just seems gibberish and i so want it to sound right, i feel like I'm having trouble explaining it how i view it as a realization for the character. I'm also trying not to discredit the Jedi or Sith as well, While the Je'daii will view them as corruption... maybe that's where I'm going wrong... need to stop being PC about it... I don't know... what do you think?

~~~~~~~~~~~~Tython: Hidden Temple~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was power in what was taught to them, Power and control. Mira knew the teachings of the Jedi very well, and after learning from Ashla she found the Jedi teachings to be counter productive. Not so much restricting or designed to hold people back it just slowed the learning curve, to drill the meaning they wanted the padawan to learn deep into their minds. Ashla's teachings could be as tedious but there was more meaning to it. They provoked thought much like the Jedi but Ashla wasn't attempting to steer to one conclusion, but many. There simply isn't one truth, but those truths simply aren't lies either. Mira often found her self thinking that the masters she knew wouldn't approve of this sort of training, they would say that it was a path to the dark side of the force and might have even challenged Ashla. But truth be told Mira never felt more at ease with the Force. She was at peace with it in the Jedi Order, but she came to realize that the Jedi never answered many questions Ashla was.

These answers weren't simple either, or were they something Mira would "like", but after thinking and meditating on them Mira had come to accept them. She now wondered if the Jedi masters knew of these revelations and just chose to ignore them. In the world of sentient beings their are as many truths as there is lies, where one person would find fairness in an action another would call foul. Where one person sees one thing, others see another. But there is one truth above all, it is that all involved are sentient beings and in the end its balanced out on way or another. This applies to the Force as well. There is the light side, the dark side and the many shades in between, but it is all once force and it will find its own balance one way or another.
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

Red Dragon

Re: Balance and Science OOC

Post by Red Dragon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:58 am

Or maybe I'm going about it wrong... Mira knows only the Jedi side of things, born and raised a Jedi. Maybe she would have a harder time coming to terms with the whole balance thing... maybe she should be sent out to experience the dark side of things... not become a mass murderer or anything like that, but to be more self serving, ambitious... more "proper" sith then a homicidal psychopathic media tends to make sith out to be these days.
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Re: Balance and Science OOC

Post by Foxx » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:42 am

The Sith group that I'm working on is similar in nature to the last part of what you said. They're just going about it in an interesting way. :D

I like what you wrote. It's simple in explanation and easy to follow. What I like to do as well, is have explanation through action. So to me, sending her out would make a great deal of sense.