Revelations!

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Cadden
Mand'alor

Re: Revelations!

Post by Cadden » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:10 pm

*Coughs*

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo...

This storyline of mine....

I do have some stuff on there I've not included, and I would like to bring this forward now, because I want the boards to have a say and be involved in this, rather than just having everyone tag along without much of knowing what's going on, like all the others seemed to have been.

I need a volunteer. Any volunteer. A planet, in fact. Of geopolitical note, where the major stuff of the Ancients war thingie will go down, and push everyone into action. A place where everyone's all, like, "Well, we should probably do something about this, then."

Now, before anyone gets any ideas, I'm not automatically proposing Coruscant. I'm saying this now, because I can easily see how everyone will look at it first. I would like Coruscant to be hit, but it doesn't have to be a hard hit or anything. And if people want it to be the central battle ground (though I would prefer it, for obvious reasons, I won't be offended or hurt or whatever if I get a big resounding no, as I suspect will be the case), then all the better. If not, then I'm fine with it as well, so long as it still gets hit.

Remember: I don't know when, exactly, in relation to all of this, the Ancients will come around. I have a lot of stuff to do with Cadden before they come about, so it will be at least a little while. It won't be, "Oh, Trayus is defeated, and BAM... crap, the Ancients are here."

That said, if people could think up options, and if volunteer planets be brought forth for a community decision on, I'd appreciate it.

I'm sure there will be other side notes to consider later on, but I'm just taking things in stride at this point in time, as the primary focus at the moment, for me, is Darth Trayus, and Cadden's subsequent story, prior to the arrival of the Ancients. But deciding on this point well in advance is key.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:12 pm

He said he wants the whole board to have a say so both of you pay attention!

*Snicker* Sorry, couldn't resist. :P
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Both?

Nonono, there's, like, six.

Geez. Who taught you how to count?

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Well... In my thread Slade's vault was located inside a dead world found in a star system that saw a war so fierce and destructive that bad shit happens to people's minds/souls if they aren't prepared or protected from it. Never went into any more detail then that, caulking it up to "weird force shit". Never even named the system or planet, nor did i really specify what else was there besides massive asteroid fields from planets and moons being destroyed... Sound like a good place for a long forgotten race to emerge from?
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:37 pm

I don't think he's looking for a place for them to come from but rather a place they can ravage to motivate the rest of the galaxy to stop them, or something to that effect. What did you have in mind for the planet? And if you're looking for some place fairly important I might suggest Corellia (with Mir's permission, of course). I have quite a few characters on Corellia right now who could get roped up into the story that way, buuut I wouldn't want the planet to be so bad off that it's not worth inhabiting anymore, though. Not like Alsakan. >.>
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Hmm... I never even thought of Corellia, tbh. Might not be a bad choice, if others are up to it.

Naw, it will be shaken up, and people would have to rebuild, but it won't be ravaged and left desolate by any means necessary.

Archangel
Centurio

Post by Archangel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:47 pm

In the vein of "which planet they completely wreck," we could pull a J. J. Abrams and have it be a planet most folks know. Unlike Death Star repercussions, of course, everything could be rebuilt, so it wouldn't end up like Korriban (where folks want it back, but a retcon of that magnitude never makes it past the planning stages).

On the one hand, it makes very little IC sense for it to be anywhere besides Coruscant. Rahk'neqah has been around long enough to figure out which planet most people uphold as the pinnacle of civilization, and Coruscant would fit that bill. Plus, if your plan is to eliminate all weakness from the universe, wouldn't you start with the most populated planet you can find? And unlike how things went for the Yuuzhan Vong, there's no fear or danger for the Ancients to attack Coruscant first, because (A) few people will see them coming and (2) stopping them is not a simple matter of putting a giant fleet in the way.

On the other hand, Coruscant gets hit all the time, and it needs a break almost as much as the Jedi do. And maybe Coruscant is no longer the ideal pinnacle of civilization that it was under the Old Republic; maybe now, folks look to more independently minded planets like Corellia for morale and leadership.

All that to say, it would make sense for Rahk'neqah to start this $#!& in the most devastating and demoralizing place possible. (Unless he's restricted to a particular location for opening the rifts, which I did not get from the original description. Correct me if I'm wrong.) So the question is: what would a Nomad Soul in pursuit of the Cycle of Chaos think is the most demoralizing target in the galaxy? Coruscant for its population? Corellia for its iconic style? Thyferra for its bacta production? Or someplace else?

EDIT: And I guess I'm not the only person thinking Corellia. :P

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Corellia also makes sense because Rahk'neqah would know it's Cadden's homeworld. Add insult to injury, as it were.

Coruscant is considered the center of government in the galaxy, yes, but then again the galaxy is also divided. While the galaxy as a whole view Coruscant as "the ultimate prize," it's not so much anymore. The NR is getting along fine with Mon Cal as their HQ, for example. Would they like Coruscant? I'm sure they would. But that doesn't mean that they absolutely have to have it. I've always seen it as more of its symbolic, than its literal, importance in Star Wars.

There are still details I have to work out, which are becoming evident with these questions, but I'll do my best to answer them.

The rifts can only be opened from the place our "unwitting travelers" stumble upon. So why haven't the Nomad Souls not just gone there and done it themselves? I dunno, 'cause they just didn't! :P I'll figure out a good reason before it's relevant, I'm sure....

But the rifts themselves are scattered in "random" spots throughout the galaxy. (Basically, wherever need be for story purposes.) For all we know, one could be right at Coruscant, or there could be none anywhere near Coruscant. Keeping in mind that these would have been put in place in a completely different time period, before Coruscant itself was even important. But that's not to say that they couldn't gallivant to the planet and pick a fight there....

In the end, it's the board's decision. All I ask is that it holds some level of importance, mostly so that the call to arms stuff actually makes sense. Which is one of the reasons why I'm not volunteering Mandalore.

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:29 am

If I may..

I like Coruscant for a few reasons as opposed to Corellia, although Corellia would no doubt draw Aaralyn from Tython (through the Force obviously) to her brother and lead to whatever...

Coruscant allows us to further bridge the gap of peace between the New Republic and Galactic Empire. If a big event occurs on Coruscant, that would allow everyone to come together from every major faction as we did at Arcanix. Yes, the same could be said about Corellia but I don't see it having such an impact (In an in-character sense) as Coruscant would. Someone mentioned the YV and when they dominated Coruscant it made a major impact on the Galaxy.

Corellia is a nice but it's not centralized as Coruscant and this might be a chance for a possible border re-structure? :D I kid I kid (*coughs* Imperials go back to Bastion *coughs*) What? Anyways.

I have no real reason to object to either choice and I'm pro-whatever gets people involved, which is why I was wanting to do a Galactic Plague of sorts...but never followed through :D

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:09 am

What he's talking about is for part 2 if I understand correctly. The Aaralyn from Tython would be in part 1.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:31 am

Correct. The Ancients attacking this planet, nor Cadden. Cadden will be involved, but he's gathering allies to make a stand there.

corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:09 pm

Im open to Coruscant being hit and pretty beat up.

Just keep in mind, this artifact cropping up, and the skirmishes between the NR and Empire starting will be the prelude to an Imperial civil war.

The Imperial rebels will first try to start a full blown war between the NR and Empire - though they will fight, it will fall short of civil war through the actions of our characters.

However - shortly thereafter, or perhaps in conjuction with the NR/Empire war ending, if Coruscant is really hit and a large part of Thrawn's power destroyed - it would be what the Imperial separatists could use as a way to really make a move and think they have a chance of winning. Im not sure how much the Empire would really fight the ancients to be honest with you with their ow problems, but a few characters and ships would certainly participate.

Im also against a reset - I just dont see the benefit - especially once this is over with there will be plenty of open areas for any new peoeple to participate. If at some point we do want to reset we would use the world as setup in the new movies, which would also help with recruitment. BUt that is way in the future.

One huge caveat in all this: My time is EXTREMELY LIMITED. For one, it is the football season and my busiest time of year, always a problem. It will be even worse this year than usual. Second, and more important, as many of you have seen on facebook - I recently got engaged. That means planning a wedding. This is extremely time consuming and stressful. I should be able to get a post or two up a week but I cant promise much more than that.

That is all.

C.
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

:emperor:

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Well, this staging battleground at (we'll just say it for now) Coruscant won't be happening for a while. We still have to wait for the Ancients to arrive, which will take place when my stuff is set up that way. (You'll have your queues when it gets closer to time.) But I have a bit of "Cadden time" to go through first.

I'd like to stress that I mentioned the reboot/reset for the sake of mentioning it, mostly. There was merit behind mentioning it, but I did so knowing (or at least figuring) it wouldn't be an accepted proposal.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:06 am

Personally, I think Corellia would make more sense than Coruscant. With the Corellian system you already have something that was created by the Celestials. It seems like it would fit better as the place for the Ancients to resume their business with the galaxy. Hell, maybe Centerpoint was even more important than people realize in that it played some part in defeating the Ancients before or perhaps the Corellian five worlds holds some lost artifacts of the Ancients that the Celestials took.

And, yes, I'm trying to get more active again!
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:31 pm

... Wasn't Centerpoint destroyed... ?

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:12 pm

yeah but that doesn't mean it wasn't important or that they wouldn't come back for it, not realizing the "vermin", us, blew it up recklessly. At least that's the feeling i get from all this, these people are going to want to wipe us out right?
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Or it could be that Centerpoint was the only thing keeping the Ancients away and now that it's destroyed Rahk'neqah has been building up to strike.

It's just an idea, but I love the concept of unintended consequences. :oldrazz:

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Yeah. I don't mind either Corellia or Coruscant. I'd prefer the latter for already explained reasons, but I'm not adverse to Corellia by any means. They're both good ideas; the community just needs to decide so I know how to sculpt things when the time comes. :)

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Or its destruction is what called the celestials back... And the corellia system shows signs of falling apart due to its destruction <.<
--Serenity

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:19 pm

As a side note, I'm looking at Centerpoint to see how this might fit in with the Ancients... the Killiks made the station, not the Celestials.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:21 pm

thought the Killiks made it for the Celestials, as in slave labor or some such shit
--Serenity

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:38 pm

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Centerpoint_Station

Dunno. This is what Wook says. Point being, people're saying the Celestials made it, but it was the Killiks. I only skimmed, as I was far more concerned about it technologically than historically, so I don't know any details on the matter, just what the opening statement said and that the Celestials aren't really mentioned.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:09 pm

Son and daughter gave the killiks the knowledge and ability to make it... and after reading their wiki... they are what Celestials "become".... so yeah Celestials "basically" made it
--Serenity

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Kk

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:59 pm

but after reading it all... it was part of a "greater device" used to keep Obeloth trapped and built well after the celestials left... if i understand it right... So if anything, bad shit with her is to come...
--Serenity

Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:02 am

I've alyways dropped hints about the Kartanins homecluster being constructed/modified, and lots of its inhabitant species transplanted there by the Celestials. Plus some others plans - together with Beorht I entertained that our three 'major' indies out there could have been part of a protection plan, against whatever. My part of that was postulating that the Kartanin prophets (which lead their civilisation) were getting visions from celestials sleeping in the suns of their homecluster; hence the 'Voice of Ardustaar' name.

Long story short, they could actually be guardians meant to fight the returning ancients and similar threats, and thus have an easy reason to get instantly involved. I'd be game for some battles.

corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:41 pm

How little I know about the Celestials etc is startling.
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 pm

They weren't really fleshed out that much until the past few years or so.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:50 pm

corsos wrote:How little I know about the Celestials etc is startling.
Ditto. I thought I had a pretty good grasp, but with these more recent developments, I might as well just not bother. :P

corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:36 pm

There have been recent developments?

Lost.

It's ok, now my knowledge mimics my characters... Nada.

We might need to include Gait in this at some point. Oh xfiend? ;-)

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:24 am

Well, for example... the Killiks built Centerpoint, not the Celestials ("technicalities" aside). Abeloth is supposed to be a Celestial, if I remember right? Or directly connected to them, at least. The group of Force deities or w/e they were from the Clone Wars were supposed to be Celestials? And I guess there was some more recent info divulged upon them that make them a little less mysterious (though I doubt it was enough to really answer anything in particular).

I haven't looked at their Wiki article in depth since I fleshed out this story concept, which was maybe two years back, so I don't know for certain, but my knowledge is as of last year, and apparently since then new info and some answers have come about.

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:29 am

corsos wrote:There have been recent developments?

Lost.

It's ok, now my knowledge mimics my characters... Nada.

We might need to include Gait in this at some point. Oh xfiend? ;-)
I kinda wish I was around for that.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:36 am

... Also... Why, exactly, would we need to include GAIT, anyway... ?

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 am

Probably not in this bid, but it would be interesting to see it somehow.

Atleast in my perspective.

corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:17 pm

There was always a vague connection between gait and the ancients at least the way xfiend wrote it

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Huh?

The Ancients are my creation. And nobody, least of all X, knew about them prior to my announcement of this unveiling... uhh... about... a... year ago.... :oops:

I think you meant the Celestials.