The Apailana Academy--Force training with schoolwork

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Maul_Junior
One of a Kind Bachelor
Location: Follow the shivers running down your spine (okay, so I'm in the doghouse)

The Apailana Academy--Force training with schoolwork

Post by Maul_Junior » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:30 am

So something that I've been wanting to do over the last few years is start up a school with a character I'm just getting introduced to Exodus. Due to timey wimey hanky panky, he was a teenager during Ep 1, but is currently in his mid-40s. *Soon*, he's going to be opening a school on Naboo for Force Sensitives. And non-Force Sensitives. Actual course work will be required, but Forcers will be trained to use their powers, according to the philosophies of the Jedi, Sith, and the philosphies they shared when they were the same group, Fallanassi, etc.

The core focus of the school is to be a school and to let kids be kids--not a paramilitary/supernatural training ground whose Patron philosophy will someday thrust them into a life and death battle against a similar hostile force with a rival philosophy. History (Naboo and Intergalactic) will be taught, along with math, various languages, several kinds of Science, and many other subjects will be taught. 80% of Force *training* will be Forcer Philosophy courses, where the philosophies of various Force-sensitive groups will be taught. There is a small part of the course designed especially for Sensitives, that teaches the Forcers basic control and a few basic powers.

That said, I'm open for a Forcer sports challenge from the Jedi Academy (or any other Force schools) where two teams of Force Sensitives fight it out in a given sport.

This is not a Jedi training academy, and is not intended to become one. Force-Sensitive students will not be trained in Force combat, and lightsabers and Jedi will be banned from the school grounds,unless special permission is given for specific Jedi in specific situations, lightsabers are 100% banned. The Headmaster had......catastrophic issues with the OR Jedi after Order 66, and doesn't trust the new Jedi any better. That said, students may be recommended to the Jedi upon graduation.

Speaking of the grounds, the estate is situated near the Lake Country, and is a rather large place. It sits on the edge of the Lake Country, a large swamp, and rolling Naboo plains. Among its many buildings, it has a large garden, stables for Naboo native fauna and a few offworld creatures as well, a pool, a couple kinds of sports rinks/fields/courts. It is maintained by a small army of service droids, many of whom have not had a memory wipe in a thousand years, and have distinct personalities. In addition, there are all kinds of secret passages all over the place--few people know all of them.

At its height, the de Lova Estate housed nearly 400 members of the de Lova family--a family that prided itself on being guardians of Naboo Royalty and nobility since before Naboo was first colonized by Grizmalti offworlders. They were nearly wiped out during Order 66 and the 501st's Naboo Jedi Purge (see below). In the time since, the Handmaiden Corps took over the estate for training, but now it will soon be returned to the last surviving de Lova.

The actual Academy will be named after Queen Apailana, who sheltered a group of Jedi after Order 66. the Queen, the Jedi, the aforementioned de Lova family (many of whom joined the Antarian Rangers during the Clone Wars and were killed along with the Jedi they were assisting) were wiped out by the 501st and a Jedi Hunter sent by the Emperor. On the front lawn there is a monument to the Queen, the Jedi who were killed that day--a mausoleum that bears holograms of every Naboo that died in the Naboo Jedi Purge, RSF, Royal, Jedi, de Lova, etc.

So if anyone is interested in sending a Forcer (or a non-Sensitives), they're more than welcome. It will probably be a good month or two before the de Lova's in the right story place to get this thing going, but thought I'd throw it out here for anyone interested.
Jack Thompson wrote:I think I’ve got a First Amendment right to annoy people
Some people hate Canadians...Two of my favorite Science Fiction Characters are Canadian: Rodney McKay and Deadpool.

Deadpool+Siryn 4ever

Cadden
Mand'alor

Re: The Apailana Academy--Force training with schoolwork

Post by Cadden » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:31 pm

... So, kinda like the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters for Exodus... ? I kinda like the idea.

I'm going to, hesitantly, voice my interest... but it kinda depends on the level of activity expected of people, and what kinds of characters you're looking for.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

Maul_Junior
One of a Kind Bachelor
Location: Follow the shivers running down your spine (okay, so I'm in the doghouse)

Post by Maul_Junior » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:50 pm

When I first brought it up to Tabetha, I called it the HogXavier Academy for Gifted Students.

Yeah, basically Hogwarts, Xaver's/Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, Earthsea magic academy, all rolled into one in a Star Wars setting. With old droids with weird personalities taking the place of the ghosts, paintings, etc in Hogwarts.....And in place of the Hogwarts Herbology courses, all kinds of different animals from all over the galaxy--Fambaa, Kaadu, Dewbacks, Banthas, and more.

I'm not looking for this to be a terribly fast-paced thread, more something that I want to do for fun. As long as we have a steady rhythm, I'll be happy. And as far as what kind of characters I'm looking for, I don't really have any students in particular in mind right now.
Jack Thompson wrote:I think I’ve got a First Amendment right to annoy people
Some people hate Canadians...Two of my favorite Science Fiction Characters are Canadian: Rodney McKay and Deadpool.

Deadpool+Siryn 4ever

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Seems liek a target for sith or others who would want to exploit those youths. unless thats part of the idea.
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity