New Thread

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Pryde
Pryngles

New Thread

Post by Pryde » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:27 am

So having finished Tomb Raider I feel inspired to write a thread about it... Well, a thread like it, at any rate. Anyway, same basic premise, we're an independently funded expedition out to discover some ancient something or other when we crash land on an island. Except instead of an island it's a planet and instead of storms it's, well--an ion storm, so it's still a storm but it surrounds the entire planet and prevents ships from leaving and that is where the similarities will end (I hope, I don't want to spoil the game for anyone who might be interested in playing it). The rest of the story I'm making up as I go, pretty much, but I've got plans for the planet having its own inhabitants along with a very deadly eco system and a rival archaeologist leading around some kind of psychotic warlord (Gotta have one of those). Anyway, if anyone's interested in a very Indiana Jones-esque story then let me know.

Edit:

Oh, almost forgot. No Jedi, please. Jedi are cheaters. ><
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Archangel
Centurio

Re: New Thread

Post by Archangel » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:39 am

You're welcome to use Baehorde. It more or less fits that description, and it's empty of my guys. And it can have other ruins besides the one. And other terrains, if you like.

It doesn't have its own inhabitants, though. But we might be able to work something out.

Or you could make an entirely different world, if you like. Your thread. :)

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:08 pm

Might have to make a new world, maybe. The storms are being powered by something (and I know exactly what it is but I'm not telling :P ).
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Archangel
Centurio

Post by Archangel » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:26 pm

That works, too. It's a big galaxy.

VagueDurin
His Vagueness… Vaguer… or El Vaguerino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Post by VagueDurin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Ugh... I swear I had an adventurer character or team of characters sitting around here somewhere...
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C. S. Lewis

"And for one last instance, I'm Human again." - Sergeant Ghost

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:01 pm

could use my idea we were talking about before, and gas giant of sorts that has floating land masses, from the very large to the very small. Multiple ecosystems spread out across the land masses. Travel is done by air ship ( low tech required as high tech tends to spontaneously short out or explode, do to high ion charges. (A ship would have to be specially made with powerful shielding and grounding equipment to enter and exit the planet safely but that's for later. :P )

So the air ships make use of lighter then air gasses and some sort of non circuit power system, like diesel prop engines.... Blasters and other high tech won't work.... All this could really give this a unique feel. Or not... Meh
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity