New to the Exodus Universe

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Renegade Rebel

New to the Exodus Universe

Post by AnthonyL »

I have a character and storyline I came up with that I think is great. If I wanted to be in the forum for the Exodus timeline, could I use my character and his people how I wanted to? Like in accordance to the timeline of when he starts out and work my way forward/
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: New to the Exodus Universe

Post by Mir »

Would you be able to post a short blurb or something on the character? That's the best way for us to be able to help integrate you. :D
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life
Renegade Rebel

Post by AnthonyL »

Arkov Bane is a human who comes from a star system located on the very edge of the galaxy in the region of Wild Space. his people came from the Old Republic 175 years before the rise of Palpatine's Empire. He was a military officer in the planetary Navy when his people were wiped out by an Imperial task force which performed a Base Delta Zero of his planet. He and what was left of his people formed alliances with two other planetary governments and decided to enter Imperial space and work to bring down the Empire. He has a tactically superior mind(though not as smart as Thrawn), has good piloting skills, great with hand weapons (prefers slugthrowers), and he is considered to be a great war leader and has been given command of the newest warship commissioned by his people, the Phantom. In Imperial space, he has made himself out to be a pirate/smuggler and has command of a small army of followers who gladly fight with him against long odds. He knows when he is beaten and when he can press an attack.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

The Exodus MBT has an interesting timeline. We diverged with canon sources roughly after the battle of endor, if I remember right. My biggest and best suggestion would be to go through our wiki and read up on various articles, different things that strike your fancy. It'll start to provide you with information that'll help.

http://starwars-exodus.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

This is the timeline of the MBT, with built in links to different articles. It's a great tool, and helps weave the overall narrative together. Also, it's got the galactic map:

http://starwars-exodus.wikia.com/wiki/Our_Timeline
#Valkob4Life
Renegade Rebel

Post by AnthonyL »

If my characters people began 175 years before the rise of Palpatine's Empire, would that mean they came to be 200 years BBY? And what does 'Views' mean? Does it mean how many times someone saw/read a post?
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

It means how many times someone has clicked on the topic link. It counts your own clicks as well.
#Valkob4Life
Renegade Rebel

Post by AnthonyL »

Oh I see. What about the math for the years?
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

I don't know if 200 BBY is the exact number, but it's certainly close enough. If anything, the difference would be a handful of years, so 200 BBY would be fine.
Renegade Rebel

Post by AnthonyL »

I was hoping so. Thanks.
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

The Empire came into being at the close of the Clone Wars with the issuing of Order 66 in 19bby so there's roughly 20 years between the Rise of the Empire and the Battle of Yavin so if your people came into their own 200bby it would have been 181 years prior to the Empire.
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron
Renegade Rebel

Post by AnthonyL »

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. If you like, you can take a look at my story so far and offer some constructive criticism. I would really like the help of the boards veteran writers.