The Price of Hope OOC

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Pryde
Pryngles

The Price of Hope OOC

Post by Pryde » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:47 pm

So, I recently watched The Hunger Games and have felt inspired to write something but I didn't know what. It's been a few days now and I still can't get it out of my head so I finally decided to do like a Star Wars / Hunger Games crossover. It's pretty much the same basic setup with a few differences, for starters none of the original characters from The Hunger Games will be appearing and the name of the nation the story is set in will be changed to Kestrel. The planet's name is Galatea and it is in an uncharted part of space that has, until recently, been unexplored. The planet is also surrounded by a nebula that plays havoc with a ship's sensors so it's nearly impossible to detect.

The rest of it is still pretty much the same, post-apocalyptic world, one habitable continent, fourteen districts instead of twelve and, because of a recent uprising, every year they hold a special event where one girl and one boy between the ages of 12 and 18 are selected from each district to fight to the death in the arena for the enjoyment of all to see. Reality TV at it's best. ;) The people of this planet aren't capable of space travel so it's highly unlikely that there are many people coming and going. In fact my character is probably the first to visit, or rather "crash" on Galatea so any other character to appear in the story is most likely to be local.

Aaand I think that just about covers everything... Maybe.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.