Kuat

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

StefanTheGreat
Stef is Best

Re: Kuat

Post by StefanTheGreat » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:24 am

DorsetKonig wrote:*sighs*

Generally speaking Stefan and I were pretty much going to play off some of the intrigues between the Kuat family and another noble family opposed to them and aligned with the Moff faction who are making a play at taking over KDY and playing both sides (Imperial and NR) for fools.

In the middle would be the Chief Administrator of KDY who's still "nominally" loyal to the Empire while maintaining KDY autonomy. That way we could satisfy your angle of things corsos and pave the way for other stuff involving the company.

Cadden I really don't know what to say with regards to Adam wanting to return, it's up to him. Unless the board wants to "keep KDY warm" for him I think i'm going to go ahead and post the thread (I already have the first post saved to word and just needed to finalize it). As for the ESSD situation, we can just develop that as things progress. We're really trying to get the ball rolling in terms of the 5th Column plot but i'm interested in resolving that issue as well.
Whenever its up I am gonna start my posting there too ;-)
StefanTheGreat the Dark Lord of...
...wait a minute...nah...title not working...
...LOLito-Chomoloco! :P

CEO Raith Sienar

Post by CEO Raith Sienar » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:23 am

There IS an ideal way that this could all work out. The Empire comes in with the threat of nationalization of KDY and all there subsidiaries unless they meet the Empire's Demands since they seriously messed up with the loss of the ESSD. The Ideal situation would be the following. Adam's character remains as CEO of Kuat but in concessions Kuat must allow full disclosure to the Empire. These concessions could involve anything from full integration of Imperial Intel within Kuat up to having Kuat concede and allow a represenitive of the Empire to serve on the board of directors but unlike any normal situation Adam's character would not be able to fire the Imperial Represenitive as he'd be appointed by Thrawn.

The Imperial Represenitive would pretty much have a get me what I want within reason card. If the Empire comes to them saying we want a fleet of ships they get them built as priority build and the rep in place would report most likely directly to either Thrawn or the Moff's. Either way however it's decided I have no problem with Adam returning but there should be some form of reprecussions for the IC mistake of the Eclipse being stolen from under Kuat's nose and I think many will agree on that point at least.
“I’m sitting on my ass before a legend. I guess the reports of your death have been greatly mistaken.”

Jerec Ordin speaking to Nich Dreadstar

Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:09 am

For one, Kuat isn't part of the Empire - so 'nationalizing' Kuat would be an act of war. As well, other governments get ships from Kuat who will take a dislike against the Empire essentially cutting their supply lines. Not to mention that it would send a very clear message to the galaxy about imperial intentions.

In short, that plan only works out well if the Empire intends to piss everyone in the galaxy off; and wants to risk tipping the scales of war in the Republic's favour because everyone and their dog, including the Sith Empire, forms a military alliance against the Imps.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:24 am

There should be 'no' reason why Adam can't return to what he had going on at KDY. With the crevate that he 'must' adapt his character's stories with the stories that are currently happening now.
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:07 am

Addition:

Since others, such as Dorset, have characters that are playing a central figure in KDY, and have posted already....plus....we have made the decision that Kuat would remain neutral after Adam's subsequent 'retirement', it would not be fair to 'hand over' control of Kuat to Adam, since others had expressed an interest in 'controling' Kuat, and were turned down.

With that said, there still should be no reason that Adam can't continue to write his characters that he had in KDY. But he will have to integrate his KDY characters with the current events of other members that are going on a Kuat....IF....that is necessary.

My suggestion would be if he does wish to return, then he needs to get with that other people that are 'currently' writing stories on Kuat, and make sure that there will be no conflict.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:03 am

Mace, the ESSD thing wasn't on KDY. Trayus and company took it while it was in transit, under Imperial command. KDY's side of things was done when they got to it. So KDY didn't "mess up" with the loss of the ESSD.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

CEO Raith Sienar

Post by CEO Raith Sienar » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:15 am

I see your pont Nich and the only thing that is honostly getting me to lean to agreeing is that we got notification from other's that Adam Quit so with getting that notice a decision had to be made concerning Kuat which is completely understandable. That's what makes it a tricky situation and I agree with how you worded it. He can return but if he wants to continue with KDY he has to work with you guys. If Halcyon just left without saying he quit then it'd be a different situation I think. It'd be the equivlent of "I'm taking a break and will be back when I can" etc etc.
“I’m sitting on my ass before a legend. I guess the reports of your death have been greatly mistaken.”

Jerec Ordin speaking to Nich Dreadstar

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:50 am

When I asked him if he was intending on returning, he said, literally, and I quote: "I don't know. Like I have no plans to come back, but that doesn't mean I won't."

Which, given the time-sensitive nature of things on WoH, specifically, I had to make a call on that, and told Mir that he was probably not going to return, based off of what he said. I guess that spilled over to everything else. Not blaming anyone, just saying, that's where it all came from.

The other day, when he said he was considering returning, and asked me about his stuff here, I told him what the boards were doing with the stuff, and he said, "The only reason I was coming back was for KDY."

When he's on next, I'll let him know, suggest he read this thread, and make a decision on it, soon if possible. Given his spotty Internet time, I dunno when I'll see him online next.

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:42 pm

I have a PM from Adam saying he was 100% through with SWE, so we had no reason to think that he would come back.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:09 pm

I believe that its covered under the 'inactivity' rule anyway. Adam has most definately not posted in over the 3 month period, hence why Kuat will remain a neutral world.

BUT....

That doesn't mean his characters just up and turned into air. Members 'can' write stories based on Kuat, but no one controls the Kuat government, or shipyards.

Adam will have to make the necessary adjustments to his character's stories, but he is more than welcome to come back.

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Yeah, that's of course true. His characters are still there, but if he wishes to return to Kuat, he'll have to adapt to the new environment, which means, incoming /ragequit! :P

DorsetKonig
Location: Right Here. Sometimes over there, and a few places in between.

Post by DorsetKonig » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Ok, is it cool if I make the thread now guys? :|

We can even go so far as to provide a caveat for Adam's characters so they're not completely left in the dark if he decides to return at some future date, but can still be in the background.
"Overwhelming odds do not always matter, especially when the valiant warrior knows his only alternative is unacceptable: Death."

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:33 pm

DK, there is no reason for you to 'not' start your thread. So feel free to do so.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Yeah, knowing Adam... and believe me, I know him well enough to jump to this conclusion... he's probably going to say, "I'm not gonna bother," learning that he's lost his "ownership" over KDY in that respect (even though his characters are, indeed, the IC owners of the company). But yeah, when I see him next I'll refer him to the thread.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:02 pm

It 'is' unfortunate that he took so long a time, but according to the rules...which were put in place due to this very type of situation...we have to follow them. Adam would be there quoting the rules if the shoe was on the other foot.

BUT...there is 'always' room for 'discussion' on the situation, and if all parties involved can come to an agreement...well...there it is.

But Adam will need to toe the line if/when he does return, he will need to discuss, or state his case calmly and cooly. It's been nice and quiet, and we've all been getting along for a while now...I, and I'm sure the rest of the Mods, would like to keep it that way please.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Yeah... I honestly don't know 100% what he'll say about it, given the circumstances. I can only hypothesize based off of my experiences/conversations with him.

Time will tell.

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Ok, I've been busy with other things obviously and I'd like to say something considering I've had a decently large stake in KDY on the side because of Adam.

The only reason I would prefer to have KDY remain an NPC entity is because I'd prefer to not have anyone disrupt relations/monetary flow or other means of In-Character things in which are purely fictional and have zero value besides my sole writing enjoyment.

Basically, after two heavy tequila induced margaritas, I don't want someone disrupting something with XeroStar Corporation and it's stuff which is in relation to KDY. :P

Which is turn related to the Divinity, Alarice and so forth. Get my picture?

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 pm

To echo Ghost's sentiments though this isn't really a "business" situation but I do have a character in Republic Intelligence who is intimately involved with the administration of Kaut, and I mean intimately (the older brother of the Kaut of Kaut, I believe). So if there is intrigue going on at Kuat then there's a chance she'd be a part of it. Someone would contact her and she'd have to repay that favor that Kuat paid her.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:01 pm

AHgain - im not looking for any Empire takeover or Kuat- the original point was to have Kuat do what it does best - make money for kuat by trying to help ferment war and thererfore both sides buying a lot of ships.

It doesnt even have to go to the top - just someone high in the executive level.
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

:emperor:

DorsetKonig

Post by DorsetKonig » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:34 pm

Well...threads up. I hope its satisfactory given the last three pages of discussion/debate we've had about Kuat, hopefully there won't be anyone calling for my blood. :lol:

FYI I happened to read through the past Kuat thread involving Adam, Cadden, and everyone else.

I'd be more than happy to keep those plot lines going if you guys so wish. If you're interested just hit me up with a PM and we can work out the details, especially with regards to the ESSD situation.
"Overwhelming odds do not always matter, especially when the valiant warrior knows his only alternative is unacceptable: Death."

corsos
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Hey guys I really need help from someone who wants to play an imperial in the Kuat thread, I don't have the time.
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

:emperor:

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Wish I could help, but I've been pretty busy myself these last few weeks. :(
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

DorsetKonig

Post by DorsetKonig » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Well if you want I could just play a throwaway character who could interact with my Kuat exec, especially if people are too pressed for time to post.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:39 am

I think it would be best to go with DK's option of a 'throwaway'.

With the beginning of school, new work demands, and in Corsos's case the beginning of the Football season. We are all getting bogged down with too many threads, and some are moving at a snails pace. I'm not bitching about it either...after 10 years, as long as it's moving...it's a good thing. *smirk*

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Depends on what you might need it for. I have my Imperial at the ITP... but he's not going to last long once the pieces are put together. ;)

StefanTheGreat
Stef is Best

Post by StefanTheGreat » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:02 pm

corsos wrote:Hey guys I really need help from someone who wants to play an imperial in the Kuat thread, I don't have the time.
Basically Corsos, guys I dont know but my Chief Engineer who has been introduced us Imperial.

Dont know though maybe you mean/want/need another type something else.

Sorry if I interrupted you. :twilek:
StefanTheGreat the Dark Lord of...
...wait a minute...nah...title not working...
...LOLito-Chomoloco! :P

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Sooo. Kuat just has the Eclipses hanging around right? Till one got jacked, now the other is being pushed into service correct? Who was originally suppose to get these ships in SWE? The Empire? If so can we assume they put a hold on them till now?

I know cannon wise they were built for the emperor. I know Kuat is likely embarrassed by the theft. Would they jump on the chance to get a hold of a "replacement" for the one that was stolen? A ship that isn't finished its self, and lacks a working Superlaser, but may be a better start then building a completely new ship from scratch...
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

DorsetKonig

Post by DorsetKonig » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Based on what's been agreed upon both had been hanging around in a Kuat drydock for a couple years. They'd had their construction suspended so that funds could be better spent on other less expensive ships.

The Eclipse I was the more "mature" of the two, so it was easier for the Sith to steal.....as for the Eclipse II, well aside from the added security now in place....the ship itself isn't as fully complete as her sister ship, and there aren't any plans as of yet to press her into service. Basically it's a "we'll cross that bridge later" type of thing.

Care to elaborate on this replacement ship?

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:32 am

Back shortly after I joined I added the Executor-class Star Dreadnought Mk-II with the prototype being equipped with a axle superlaser, but it wasn't hence it was a incomplete ship. I guess it was a precursor to the Eclipse -class. But with the emperors death at endor and the splitting of the empire and some imp ran off with the ship but was never heard from again. Records were lost/erased about the ship and is thought of as a myth. Except that there is one document stating that the ship was 60% completed, the other 40% being the missing superlaser and refinements to the systems.

I don't remember what I was going to do with the damn thing, if anything. But now i got new plots running through my mind and an idea to get Kuat to owe Slade a favor so they would build him another ship, not for free mind you. They would be paid in full for the materials and construction. But he wants it built at war time speeds, and secretly. For the most part Kuat comes out on top in every way, They get a replacement "eclipse" that's further along then the Eclipse II, reacquire the plans for the Executor-class Star Dreadnought Mk-II, and get a new job and paid very well to build another ship. Though secretly and at a wartime pace, not that they aren't pros at that.

The plans for the ship would come from Slade.
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:47 am

And if not, if no one want to rp that. Then maybe i can use the Mk II to build the ship I'm wanting. That might be a better idea...
--Serenity