Tython

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

False Dichotomy

Re: Tython

Post by Beorht »

Yeah, that's the sort of thing that deserves some dot dot dots. Walk it off, buddy.

OK, now that we're done making fun of Red, ( :D ) on to his actual point. Tython is a place where a lot of people have interests, and Ghost and Cadden have been writing stuff set there - nobody else has, as of yet, and it's only fair that they be consulted.

Post by Red Dragon »

Well that's the reason i posted here, asking why the wiki hasn't been updated ( though I'm sure its because they aren't done with there stories) and asking when i show up there for a limited time, and i going to end up having people trying to hunt me down or do i get the free pass?
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Red Dragon wrote:and i going to end up having people trying to hunt me down or do i get the free pass?
Cadden wrote:That aside, my Guardians of the Force (no, not Cadden's group, ppl... it'll be explained IC in time) would be rather skeptical about someone cruising around, but would remain hidden unless they deemed revealing their presence a necessity, so you likely would never even know they were there.
Yeah, I already sufficiently answered that question, dude....
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Red Dragon wrote:I hate to be a Necrophilia but i have a a question about Tython and it seemed pointless to start another thread when this one exists.

It was stated that the Tython wiki would be updated with the factions and goings on on the planet. It hasn't yet from what I've seen. I plan on having a joy ride to the planet for a short while so. I don't plan on interacting with those factions if i can help it but if they are exceedingly hostile i might have to rp out something along those lines. Also taking SWtOR into account, whats the fate of the twi'leks that established a colony there, or the flesh raiders? Is the ancient saber forge still there? (didn't seem like something that can or should be removed). Does ghost really have final say on those/these things or am i allowed to rp the fate or current events of these people?
SWTOR SPOILER ALERT (Imperial Agent)!

SPOILER COMING!

YOU"VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Kolovish, the Twi'lek matron who led the Twi'leks to Tython, was a member of the Star Cabal, the ancient conspiracy trying to remake the galaxy by driving the Sith and Jedi into extinction. After the Imperial Agent completes his/her quest the individual members of the Star Cabal are exposed, and being a member of the Star Cabal I can't imagine the fate of Kolovish and her people ending well (Kolovish settled on Tython specifically to keep track of and manipulate the Jedi Order).
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Post by Red Dragon »

Well that's interesting about those twi'leks. I didn't know the Empire did get to go to Tython in the game.

And thanks Cadden.
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Another Spoiler...

Didn't get to go to Tython, but Kolovish did appear in a number of holo transmissions I recovered.

Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

I read your spoilers.

'Cause, you know, I don't see myself playing the game anymore, mostly. :P

But yeah, that answers that. Long story short, spoiler-free, we'll just make the official statement now: according to facts presented in SWTOR, a logical deduction can be made that there are no more Twi'lek settlers on the planet. Given the few times in canon it was traveled to since the SWTOR timeframe, I would lean on the fact that their settlement is long gone. When Bane and company duked it out on the planet, I would imagine some mentioning of the Twi'leks would have been made if they were still there. I would go out on a limb and include the Flesh Raiders on that train of thought.

Post by Red Dragon »

Gotta remember the whole bane thing was done before SWToR, retcons are a bitch ;P

But i'm find with them being gone. I wonder if the Flesh Raiders advanced at all since then... i mean look at what were were able to do in over 2000 years... makes you think ;P
--Serenity

Post by Nichalus »

Just as a suggestion/story device/notice here...

In SWTOR, there is a mission where you help a force-sensitive Flesh Raider get formal training with the Jedi. Who knows, maybe that Flesh Raider returned home and began training other force-sensitive Raiders. Could be a hidden tribe of them there for all we know.

Just a thought...
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Yeah, I know about that one, Nich.

Red, just 'cause it written before SWTOR came into being, doesn't mean its contents were retconned. I'm just saying that, if they failed to mention a settlement of Twi'leks on Tython when Bane and company were there, and there's been no indication that states that the settlement would have been around even at that point, it's safe to say that it's probably gone.

I'm not saying the FRs are gone, I'm just saying it's a possibilities. That one contains too many "what ifs" to decide on the same logic.
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

Well using that logic then Cadden it could just as easily be assumed that because they didn't specifically state that they were gone that they COULD still be there. It's a toss up... given the size of the twi'lek settlement I'd lean towards them being gone or eventually following the Jedi off of Taython (if the above info is accurate and their whole purpose in being there was to keep an eye on the jedi). The Flesh Raiders on the other hand had numbers more than sufficient to have survived and even thrived (especially if the one guy does get trained and eventually goes back to his people).
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron
This Space Available

Post by Ghost »

Red Dragon wrote:I hate to be a Necrophilia but i have a a question about Tython and it seemed pointless to start another thread when this one exists.

It was stated that the Tython wiki would be updated with the factions and goings on on the planet. It hasn't yet from what I've seen. I plan on having a joy ride to the planet for a short while so. I don't plan on interacting with those factions if i can help it but if they are exceedingly hostile i might have to rp out something along those lines. Also taking SWtOR into account, whats the fate of the twi'leks that established a colony there, or the flesh raiders? Is the ancient saber forge still there? (didn't seem like something that can or should be removed). Does ghost really have final say on those/these things or am i allowed to rp the fate or current events of these people?
I haven't had a chance to update -any- of the Wiki's which were created by me or I have heavy involvement.

On that note, I really don't know where this thread is heading? Is this a question of adding additional depth to a story or what?

Work has been literally killing me.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Ghost, a wise man once said, "If someone ever tries to kill you you try to kill them right back." ;)

Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

If it's killing you, why are you still alive? :P
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Maybe it's killing him softly?

Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

With a song?
This Space Available

Post by Ghost »

I'm going to kill you both, with a telephone cord.

Anyways, yes it was the first thing I saw on my desk, thus it was the first thing I typed.

What is this tom foolery about? I'm confused.

Summer is always the busiest at work. (Well end of May timeframe into August)
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

Ghost wrote:I'm going to kill you both, with a telephone cord.
Wait you still have one that is connected.... I thought those were only in museums now? :oldrazz:
“This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.”
-C.S. Lewis
"But generally, Shaggy is right." - Jagtai
Daer'Gunn Wiki
DX Army Cadet

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

as long as it's open to cool RP stuff, I don't care eather way.