Battle of Arcanix OOC

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Battle of Arcanix OOC

Post by Halomek » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:55 pm

The thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10517

Okay, this is it folks! The very last battle in the War of Darkness! While Sivter has suffered a major defeat at Mon Calamari, he’s down, but he’s far from out. The Cult of Shadow has grown quite powerful since its inception and it has some of the most powerful and skilled Darksiders in the galaxy as members. This will be an epic thread as it will signal the end of the Cult of Shadow, the end of the War of Darkness, and not least of all, the end of Sivter.

The thread has already started as we’ve laid down establishing posts for most of the major players in the cult and the fact that a huge shatterpoint is forming over Arcanix, signaling that the outcome of this battle could very well decide the fate of the galaxy. In short, the Cult of Shadow knows something big is coming and are preparing for it.

In order to keep Sivter on Arcanix until the fleet arrives, a small team of former cultists comprised of Asemir, Ashin, Nova, and Tsiv have been sent ahead to try and shake things up on Arcanix by getting into contact with the Dark Lord Teshran Lor– widely regarded to be the second most powerful Darksider on Arcanix behind Sivter himself. Of course it won’t be that easy, the team is going to have to not only convince Teshran to work with them, but also contend with Siriss and her Shadow Keepers and Raii and her Teroch’dha.

Not to give anything away, but they will manage to keep Sivter’s attention until the fleet arrives. Thanks to Garrett Granth, they’ll avoid triggering the traps hidden in the system, but it won’t be that easy once they reach Arcanix. In orbit around the planet are numerous Labor Lords, Derriphan-class Labor Drones, D-Eta 1 Droid Starfighters, Manta-class Assault Starfighters, and the Edict of Darkness itself, freshly repaired from the battle at Mon Calamari. Additionally, the space around the planet has been seeded with hollow asteroids containing quite a number of vicious space-based critters. Put them all together and the fleet will have a decent fight on its hands.

To make matters worse, the planet is protected by a powerful energy shield that’s strong enough to deflect any bombardment. In order to raze the Cult of Shadow to the ground, the shield generator will need to be taken down, necessitating the landing of ground troops. And that’s where our battle truly begins…

This next section I’m just going to use bullet points to list the the events that need to happen in this battle at some point. The details on a lot of these are sparse to give room for the story to grow around them. If I forget anything, or you think there’s something else I should add, let me know and I’ll put it up.

*The Edict, commanded by Mogon Kor, will give a good showing in the space battle, but powerful as it is, it’s only one ship against a fleet. Eventually Mogon is going to decide that the battle is lost and retreat. He’ll of course be pursued and it will seem that the ship gets destroyed, but in reality it will have actually jumped into otherspace to become a menace in a future thread I’ve discussed with Pryde.

*An Imperial Special Forces team will infiltrate the Shadow Temple and slice into the main database, providing them with cult locations across the galaxy, which will help bring a swift end to the rest of the Cult of Shadow after the Battle of Arcanix is finished.

*Sivter will end up facing off against four opponents. The first will be Darth Trayus, the second will be Delth, the third will be Tulsar, and the final one will be Kalja. I’m keeping this kind of vague since it’s the climactic battle and an end to a storyline that has been going on for over a decade. Suffice it to say that Sivter will be gone forever by the time it’s all finished.

*Caitlyn is going to discover just how much of a bastard Sivter really is.

*Sivter tends to be a sore loser and he’s prepared a little something for just such an occasion.

*Sivter’s apprentice, Raii, must survive this battle.

*Seems obvious, but the shield generator will need to be taken down. After that’s accomplished, the fleet can turn the Shadow Temple and the surrounding area into a giant crater if they wish.

Once Sivter is dead and the temple destroyed, the battle will be over, but the events that transpire will have lasting effects on stories to come…

Now, for some other details that need to be addressed…

As far as the Darksiders I control, just about anyone is fair game to die. There are only four notable exceptions: Mogon Kor, Arksis Nan, Raii Meriaz, and Srissk. The rest may either live or die depending on what happens in the battle. The Darksiders that won’t be present at the battle are the following: Malasik, Shaela Dorcha & Lotak, and Arien Garix.

The cult has more than just cult members to help it fight, in addition to Darksiders, you can expect to face off against the following: Schrai, Arc Ghouls, Terenarcs, Terencors, War Droids, Eradicator-class Droids, and other surprises.

I also have a loose-end that needs to be addressed. The Necromonus needs to be destroyed during the battle. Since Kashus kind of disappeared on me, I don’t have a set plan for how that will work, so if anyone wants to take care of that, let me know.

Questions? Comments? Post them here.
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: Battle of Arcanix OOC

Post by Mir » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:16 pm

I submit Morikune making off with the Necromonus.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:23 am

Or Asemir can take it! For Velok! GIVE!

It's actually something the Inquisition would be interested in.....

Please? :mrgreen:

Also, Pryde, you and I have some unfinished business.

TalRaimi
'Will finish a thread one day…'

Post by TalRaimi » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:18 am

I wouln't mind having Reave and Morwenna as Kalja's self appointed bodyguards? Of course they'd be stopped from making the final confrontation with Sivter somehow. I might actually have them do something this time! :)
'Would you do it with me, heal the scars and change the stars?'

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:44 am

I believe the New Republic Task Force will have a presence which was briefly discussed, Alarice will be leading this Task Force into the system for obvious reasons. Cortana of XSC will be assisting in command for obvious reasons and the only thing that remains is obviously, Nell.

Last I checked, and correct me if I'm wrong was she was in a room full of Sith Poison, attempting to be broken by Morikune and someone else. Correct?

VagueDurin
His Vagueness… Vaguer… or El Vaguerino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Post by VagueDurin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:57 am

Darth Tsiv!!!!

AKA: Subscribed.
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C. S. Lewis

"And for one last instance, I'm Human again." - Sergeant Ghost

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:59 am

Velok, having gotten the location of Arcanix from Sera and from the Centrality, is coming to town with presents for all the good Cult girls and boys.

Yeah, he would very much like to tinker with the Necromonus - if Asemir gets to it, sweet; if not, Velok may swing by there on his tour of the premises. Or some of his other associates might. He's gonna be like a fat man in a buffet or a preteen me with a shiny new library card.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:41 am

You know... I hate to play the "who's gonna get it?!" game... but... the Necromonus fits perfectly with my plans for the Shadow War....

Just saying. I could do without, but... man... it just fits so well. ;)

And for those that haven't read my thread about Trayus... just fyi, he is going alone, so there are no Crimson Empire/Sith Brotherhood forces to consider in this battle aside from him and his personal ship.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:51 am

I'll pass so Cadden can get it.
#Valkob4Life

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:11 am

Well I been preparing a Systems Alliance force to take there as well:
Capital Ships
The Accord
Alpha Titan
1x Vestra-class Battlecruiser
4x Reinforce-Class Assault Carriers
3x Jupitris-class Super Freighters: Loaded with ground forces of every type.
8x Clop-class Heavy Cruisers
8x Kularis-class Missile Frigates

Sub Capital & Star Fighters
Neue Qubeley
1xHAP Zeta +
2xZeta +s
many xSpecters
many xGhosts
many xCombat Shuttles

Ground Forces
5xVanargands
Sizable army

Named Characters involved:
Rebecca
Archer
Selena

I assume its going to be a large ground battle before we pound the surface to dust, that's the impression i get from Halo's first post. Should be fun! :D

Not sure really what the other forces the NR, GE and who ever else is going, is bringing.
Last edited by Red Dragon on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:25 am

Razor is remaining in the background until the action starts, after which she will stay close to Raii...

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 am

Muir Side of Things

A bit of restructure after the battle, to account for losses, but they'll be there. If only to leave a pile of flaming datacards on Kasr's doorstep and be like "It's on!!"

Other
Tone Krellisk
Renato Farani
Sona Nevri
Akain Karna
Salvatore E. Salmurian (Who will be falling highly sick in a short period of time and will probably have all of his posts, if any, from the sick bay of some vessel of some sort.)
Derek Muir (Depending on the transfer thing and aces up peoples sleeves and what not)

I pfffhiiiink that it's.
#Valkob4Life

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:40 am

I've got some thoughts for the Necromonus, Cadden - PMing you.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:03 pm

B-man and I talked. If you're to allow the Necrothingie to not be destroyed, Halo, he'll be getting it.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:43 pm

wait... did someone/thing really just jack a full blow (though damaged) Republic-class star destroyer AND got away with it scott free?! Now there's some balls! who got that?
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:45 pm

That was part of a pop quiz that Beorht won. The prize was an ISD and a Corellian Corvette.

It...it had to do with Roman Kato's Senate speech.

*hangs head in shame*
#Valkob4Life

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:45 pm

What's happening to Necroban? It's certainly an interesting sword............. ;)

PM sent to Halo.

Also, it's only been 24-48 hours since the Mon Cal battle, right? Sivter's flagship is repaired? Damn, that's some fine techs he's got! :P

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:58 pm

I think Necroban is staying in Arksis' possession for interesting things between him and Renato Farani.

But I could be mistaken.
#Valkob4Life

Cyprien Taillefer

Post by Cyprien Taillefer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Ghost wrote:I believe the New Republic Task Force will have a presence which was briefly discussed, Alarice will be leading this Task Force into the system for obvious reasons. Cortana of XSC will be assisting in command for obvious reasons and the only thing that remains is obviously, Nell.

Last I checked, and correct me if I'm wrong was she was in a room full of Sith Poison, attempting to be broken by Morikune and someone else. Correct?
If you don't mind Ghost, I'll be dragging in Task Force Audacious underneath you in as well, from the New Republic side of things as well.

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Mirrodin2nd wrote:I think Necroban is staying in Arksis' possession for interesting things between him and Renato Farani.

But I could be mistaken.
Yeah, I just looked up to see if Akris was on the list. He is; guess I missed him on my first read. Regardless, PM sent!!

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Cyprien Taillefer wrote:
Ghost wrote:I believe the New Republic Task Force will have a presence which was briefly discussed, Alarice will be leading this Task Force into the system for obvious reasons. Cortana of XSC will be assisting in command for obvious reasons and the only thing that remains is obviously, Nell.

If you don't mind Ghost, I'll be dragging in Task Force Audacious underneath you in as well, from the New Republic side of things as well.
Not at all. I'll be posting tonight sometime. After that, if you don't mind making a follow-up.

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:12 pm

@Beorht, Pryde, Vague

We're approaching a checkpoint of the CoS stronghold/place/whatever. It's up to whoever posts next to determine if we fib our way in or use a Mind Trick or whatever.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Most of the Edict’s damage was external; destroyed weapons, stressed armor plating, and so forth. It’ll be fully repaired by the time of the battle because the cult has a far greater repair and construction capability than they need due to the fact that they don't really have a fleet and to the versatility of the Labor Lords (which they built in spades to seed the system with traps).

As for Necroban, it may or may not survive the battle depending on what Beorht does with Kishkumen.

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:58 pm

My belief for the Cult checkpoints is this: they'll check to see you have the tattoo, and they'll be Shadow Keepers who know how to tell if you've had the Mind Twist or not, without getting all intrusive - like there's a little bit that 'sticks out' metaphorically. Since we've all got both, a bluff is doable, but I'm not sure a mind trick will work terribly well against the Shadow Keepers. Probably backfire like mad.

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Asemir doesn't have a tattoo.......................

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:01 am

Neither do Nova or Tsiv... >.>
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:22 am

What sort of ex cult members are you? :lol:

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:33 am

Well, in my case it's mostly Garrett's fault so blame X. :P
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:58 am

In my case it's Shyd's fault. So blame, uh, Balsa?

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:15 am

Crap. Well, this is something we would have anticipated, yes? Our characters are familiar with the checkpoints and what would be required, and the location of the tattoo varies so no need to give it away with scar tissue.

Henna.

Dark Side henna, made from Ashin's blood. Got enough of a Dark Side signature to fool someone into thinking it's the real deal, but it fades away after a few days.

:D

VagueDurin
His Vagueness… Vaguer… or El Vaguerino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Post by VagueDurin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:23 am

Nicely done.
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C. S. Lewis

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:54 am

As long as she does the nobody makes me bleed my own blood line, awesome.
#Valkob4Life

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:11 am

Mirrodin2nd wrote:As long as she does the nobody makes me bleed my own blood line, awesome.
Nobody! :rodian:

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:16 am

Unless it's Darth Tsiv

Darth Tsiv!!
#Valkob4Life

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:21 am

I think we should have a vote on whether or not a Darth Tsiv emoticon should be added to our arsenal... :luke:

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:29 am

But only amongst Green Squadron members.
#Valkob4Life

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:13 am

Presenting Ashin's Henna.

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:46 am

Yay for new Ink!

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:45 am

In other news, Kalja has finally made it back to the Nightfury. It's amazing how much trouble her Padawans get into when she's not around. :oldrazz:

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:51 am

Hmm, interesting.