Lost But Found OOC

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Lost But Found OOC

Post by Notorious »

This is the OOC thread for my re-boot of my main character - Danolie Notorious.

I'm completely re-writing his history, but events that have occurred in conjunction with other players' characters, especially those mentioned on the Wiki, remain a part of Exodus canon history. It'll all make sense once the thread is finished.

I'm utilizing a lot of time lapses in this thread. After an arbitrary number of posts have been made - ideally enough to move the story along - I'll make a warning post that my next addition to the thread will push the story ahead by weeks, months, or years.

Rather than simply creating an account of the updated history, I'm trying to make a fun thread for myself and anyone else in the event that some one is interested in playing.

Here's how it starts:

Danolie is now a Firrerreo.

Prior to the battle of Yavin, and only days prior to the destruction of the populace on Firrerre by a deadly virus unleashed by the Empire, Danolie was rescued as a baby by an Imperial officer who let his conscious get the best of him.

Now living on Corellia, Danolie grows up among gypsies and starts his journey as a Jedi. No galactic calamities, just good ol' Star Wars fun. Some of my ideas include facing the Anzati (humanoids who can suck people's brains out through their noses), joyriding, trouble with the authorities, and the classic trek through space under the Imperial radar.

If you have anything you'd like to contribute...if you have a desire to RP during the Rebellion Era for a few weeks... then post here, let me know how you feel and maybe we can have some fun.
Queen of the Damned

Re: Lost But Found OOC

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt »

WB Dude. And rebellion ear mght work with that.
Last edited by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tabetha/Hunt
I got out of the bed today.
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
-Winter Sleep Weighty Ghost
It's an animal thing
Riddick
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Welcome back dude.

Post by Notorious »

Thank you kindly, my old friends! It's feels great to be back.

For interested parties, the thread is here.

Probably the first few pages of the story will be orphans and gypsies surviving on Corellia. If you haven't RPed a child outside of an academy setting, this might be a nice opportunity. Adults welcome also, though! Anyone who joins in will definitely have creative control over how the story plays out, but things will still be going by pretty swiftly!
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

I'd be honored if you'd let me join, Notorious.

Also, you live in AZ, right? Why didn't we run into each other when I was there for four months this year?!
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

They always come back.

Psyched you are part of that group.

Danolie and Delth have too much history to throw that away.
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

:emperor:
Queen of the Damned

About what year is this I could bring in young mel or a few others.
Tabetha/Hunt
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Post by Notorious »

The year would be about 4 BBY in the next post!

Oh that's right, you were in AZ! Probably didn't run into me cause I live in the ghetto...well, across the street from it, anyway. Please do join, Mirr!

Corsos, I look forward to the day that Danolie and Delth meet again!
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Ft. Huachuca to be precise!

I'll see what I can come up with.
#Valkob4Life
Queen of the Damned

I'll have you something tonight.
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Post by Notorious »

Wow! Way down in Sierra Vista?? I've only been down there once, for a martial arts tournament back in like 2006.
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

It's too bad Kalja didn't leave Juoi until 3 BBY. It'd be fun to have the two prodigies meet first as children. I don’t think we ever had a scene where they formally met when they were adults, so there’s enough ambiguity there that we could work it in.

Although...

Maybe the Leidiases could be vacationing on Corellia. It would be nice to see the Leidias family before Sivter murdered most of them. Writing Tulsar as being happy would definitely be a switch. :oldrazz:

And, since they’re basically a family of Jedi, that could be a defining moment that helps direct Danolie towards his destiny somehow…
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

Post by Notorious »

I'd be so down for that. Hey, that's one of the best parts of RPing the past! All the ghosts get to be fleshed out!

What if it's Kalja's parents that give Danolie his name? Or it could be the opposite, he gets his name elsewhere and the Leidiases always wonder what happened to that Notorious boy...

I was thinking that a group of old Anzati are roaming the Corellian countryside, low key, drinking the brains of gypsies that no authorities will miss. Perhaps the Leidias family could rescue Danolie from having his brains sucked out? Or the other way, Danolie could help rescue a Leidias from harm in a forest and then enlist the aid of the family to save his gypsy companions.

Notorious could steal something from the Leidias family, causing them to discipline him and in the process change him forever.

I don't know! There's so many things!
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

Maybe the inevitable violence that would result from mixing Anzanti with Jedi would be the thing that caused Kalja to become such a staunch pacifist. She had to witness her father (and Mother) destroy the Anzanti and it scared her, maybe it has the exact opposite effect on Danolie.
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Kalja’s connection to the Force has always come very naturally to her which gives her a much more acute Force Sense than other Force-users. As such she’s always been a pacifist because she feels very connected to life and thus finds deliberately taking a life to be abhorrent unless it’s for some purpose like sustenance.

Still, I figure it might be necessary for her parents to fight to kill to protect her since Kalja’s powerful connection to the Force and the purity of her emotions might make her “soup” something the Anzanti would find almost irresistible. Seeing that from her parents would be quite the shock to her.

You know… it could be Kalja that eventually gives Danolie his name. She places a lot of importance on names, usually calling everyone she meets by their first name regardless of rank or situation.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Well, since Kalja's in this I may have to bring in Faye. I haven't actually done any writing for her on Bunduki so it might be interesting to see how an orphan fits into that environment. It will also give me a chance to explore her temperament pre-Jedi Order. She's always been a bit of a hotshot, too sure of herself and her abilities. It wasn't until she met her Master that her attitude became tempered a bit.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

I'm thinking someone from the Kato family. That would be interesting for me. Possibly a Muir, but I doubt it at this point.
#Valkob4Life
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

You know...

Faarel Blackthorne was on Corellia until sometime 3 BBY....

Given his masqueraded status in the Empire, and his true loyalties to the Jedi and the Rebellion, I could see there being some sort of link with him going into play, here. It's only a logical choice... I always wanted to go into more detail as to the events that lead up to Trina's death and Faarel's exile. Could even throw in a cameo with Cadden, if you wanted. :)
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

Post by Notorious »

Coron - I like that. Violence will ultimately occur and it'll have a different effect on both of them. But if the altercation has a peaceful end (for the most part), it could still serve that purpose! Inspiration for Danolie to invest in the force - albeit possibly the wrong motivation after witnessing Jedi put monsters in their place, but it gives me plenty of room to develop him as an adolescent, plenty of growth for a master to help with. And like you said, it could have an opposite effect on Kalja! Course that's up to, Hal :D

Hal - I like that idea, and it'll give us some history later to play with. It's also very re-affirming to Kalja's character. I think we should definitely work that in. Just have to find a way to motivate the name Danolie... we don't want a Palpatine naming Vader on our hands :lol:

Welcome, Pryde! Aren't orphans fun?? Sounds like a good opportunity for character development to me!

Perhaps Faarel could be instrumental in Danolie's departure from Corellia? I was thinking of having that occur either 2BBY, or immediately following the battle of Yavin. Not sure yet. Although, Coron and I are dicussing some options we have since Devon Vos is currently working for CorSec. Devon might be the perfect man for the job, I'm not sure, Coron and I haven't discussed it yet :oldrazz: Even if not, you're more than welcome to interweave the events leading to Trina's death and Faarel's exile. If you have any ideas how my characters can assist, I'm very open.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Well, they were killed by orders of Palpatine... overseen by Ansara Bansari, instigated by Ilan Garuda, and supported by a cadre of stormtroopers lead by Jerel Tremok.

Ilan would be actively hunting Faarel down after he managed to escape his death, so I don't think that Faarel would be sticking around on Corellia that long. Maybe Cadden could be the one that helps Danolie escape? He's never had a grudge against the Jedi, so it doesn't conflict with his character at the time, and it wasn't long after Trina's death that he left the Empire.

Your choice, your thread. :)

Post by Notorious »

Hmmm... good stuff, but I'm not quite sure yet how Danolie should escape the planet. So many options! A little more of the creative process and we'll be there.

An immediate concern tho - Notorious and his little friend will be searching for somebody to con into helping them find their friend. Once they search, well.. the Anzati will find them in the forest.

Who wants to come? :D
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

I know a seven year old Teras Kasi disciple that wouldn't mind a bit of action.

... How to get her separated from her master, though... >.>

Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

We’ve got to be careful if Coron shows up in 4 BBY, since it was established in Sands of Time that Tulsar and Kalja hadn’t met Coron until that story – but that still leaves the door open for Falanis or Sysen to interact with him.

As for Danolie’s name… hmmm… the best I’ve been able to come up with so far is that perhaps Danolie is the masculine form of whatever name Kalja has given her doll. Maybe that, or Danolie is the middle name of someone Kalja admires.

And if you’re looking for someone, Kalja would probably be your best bet since she’s got such an acute Force Sense. Splitting her up from her folks wouldn’t be that hard since I’ve always kind of thought that she would have a penchant for wandering off to help people in spite of being told not to. It’s Kalja; helping people is second nature to her. :oldrazz:

Post by Notorious »

I have a specific story line suggestion, but of course we've no obligations to follow it. And plenty of changes can be made if we decide to try it.

(And this is specifically outlining my ideas for interactions involving my characters, not the stories that your characters are unfolding!)

I apologize, Cadden, after this brainstorming session I didn't think of any specific ideas to ask for your help with! But I haven't ruled anything out or put any ideas into stone yet, especially the end part where Danolie requires assistance escaping the planet. Also, everyone, keep this in mind - I'm not at all opposed to being chased off the planet by YOU, or tagging along for the ride while something chases you away.

Brief beat sheet:

Danolie and Echo find Devon and speak to him about their abducted friend, but Devon cannot help them whether they're speaking the truth or not. The children will be incapable of providing enough information for CorSec to use.

Notorious could strike Devon's interest when he discovers an active arrest warrant for a boy fitting his description - pointy teeth and crazy two-toned hair. A warrant reflecting the Empire's genocide on the Firrerreos. Devon could begin researching the source of this warrant, discovering the Imperial manipulation of the Corellia's police force?

Notorious and Echo find Kalja and/or her family and convince Kalja and/or her family to help. This and/or includes a certain seven year old Teras Kasi disciple! That is, if you can find a way to separate her from her family, Pryde! I haven't thought about it enough to develop an idea on that...

The kids venture into the woods and are attacked by Anzati. Danolie sacrifices himself to save Echo and Kalja, receiving a mortal wound before they can escape. (I figure a couple of kids are going to have a tough time escaping hardened murders without losing a life, but at least Danolie would survive!)

After a night on the run, Danolie heals from his wound with his regeneration.

The kids return to the gypsy commune to discover that a slaughter has occurred. They have no choice but to return to the city.

Devon Vos could arrive at the gypsy camp a few hours late and discover the slaughter, putting him on high alert. ALTERNATIVELY... he could arrive early and witness the slaughter/try to help.

Danolie hides in the city (Either with Hal, or with Pryde, depending on many things) where his Force-sensitivity is discovered. This could also be where he makes another plea for help to search and save his friend. Devon would be unable to locate the children at this point, since they'd be hiding with Jedi. A time lapse could happen here - a montage of happy living, training, growing fond of one another.

Conflict with the Anzati occurs after they track down the children that had escaped their grasp. But they are no match for whatever combination of Jedi they meet.

Maybe a year has gone by at this point? So it's 3BBY? Hmm, well, I don't know if the Leidiases would stay on vacation that long, maybe a month instead of a year, what do you think, Hal? Hell, for all I care, Danolie could end up temporarily living with Cadden, Pryde, or Devon. The Leidiases could always return for another vacation! Or we could just say that a month has gone by instead of a year.

When the fight with the Anzati is over, Echo is a casualty.

Danolie decides to exile himself after the trauma, secretly running from the Jedi. After trying to steal another swoop bike, Devon catches up with Danolie. With his adult wisdom, Devon could convince Danolie to leave the planet for his own safety.

Danolie leaves the planet with... some one, and that ends the Corellian chapter.

Thoughts? Ideas? Support? Criticism? Conflict? Excitement? Boredom?

Post by Notorious »

Sorry I'm being so analytic, by the way! Since it's history, I want to make sure I don't mess up any continuity :D
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

At most they wouldn't vacation there for more than a month. The Leidiases wouldn’t just leave Danolie after Kalja gets them involved in helping him though, especially once the only family he’s ever known has been slaughtered. They would have to know he’s in good hands before they do, otherwise Kalja would suggest adopting him (as she’s wont to do :oldrazz: ) and I couldn’t see Tulsar or Falanis denying that in good conscience.

But, we can’t have him adopted into the family because it would conflict with their established history, which is where I think Faarel could come in. Somehow the two families have to meet and learn that Faarel is a Jedi in hiding. He could agree to look after Danolie after all the dust settles, which would assure the Leidiases that he’s in good hands so they can leave. Danolie can then find a way off planet. Maybe Faarel starts getting worried that all this commotion is putting undue attention on his family and sends Danolie off planet for his own protection.

Ironically though, this would mean that Danolie is inadvertently responsible for Ilan murdering the Blackthornes in 3 BBY, since that’s where all that attention would end up leading to. No good deed goes unpunished and all that. Of course that scenario is up to you guys.

Post by Notorious »

I'm quite fond of those suggestions, Hal.

Cadden, what do you think?
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Hey, I'm good with what works for you, while keeping with my continuity. ;)

There's actually many events that lead up to unearthing Faarel's true identity and Trina's death, as well as Faarel's exile... this would be but one of many.

Two others involve Cadden (though not intentionally so), and Imperial Intelligence discovering anomalies in the Imperial archives or whatever they're called. Among other things.

So, this should fit in rather nicely on that front. As for taking Danolie in and what have you, I have no issues with that. It'd be interesting, to say the least. :)

Post by Notorious »

I'm down, Cad :)

I don't have any ideas for how the Leidias and Blackthorne families could meet, but I'll keep thinking and let everyone know if I come up with a suggestion or two.

*think think think think think...* :raisedbrow:
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Pryde, you just gave me an idea about how to get Kalja involved - and if Danolie is watching, it'll tip him off that Kalja is the person he needs to find Gadget. ;)
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Yay! Go me! :P

Post by Notorious »

Indeed! I like where this is going
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

Hey Halo, is it firmly established that Devon hadn't met them before or just that Devon doesn't REMEMBER meeting them before Sands??

Cause as far as Devon is concerned when he was with CorSec he was just your over-achieving CorSec with a nack for finding things and people that others couldn't. He doesn't know he's a FS (though I imagine others who are trained might recognize him as such), so even if he did meet the Leidias clan one of them might memory rub him so that he doesn't remember who they are... which could in turn lead to his initial interests in the force which would eventually lead him to down his path to discovering his own talent.
The Lost Holocron
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

I’d have to look over Sands again, but I’m pretty sure we had a scene of them making introductions to each other. Even if Devon doesn’t remember them, that still doesn’t take into account the Leidiases. I grant that Tulsar might not remember Devon, but Kalja would be another matter entirely. His presence would have been familiar to her in the very least if they’d met before.

I also couldn’t see either Tulsar or Falanis wiping Devon’s mind. I doubt Tulsar would even have the ability to do it.

Anyway, I left an opening for Devon to get involved with my last post. We can figure it out as we go along.
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

We'd have to arrange his survival, but I have an Anzati character who has some free time in his schedule around 4-3 BBY. Maybe he's hit the low point in his life, so he's leading a small pack of Anzati and picking off lowlifes instead of going for the trophy soups.

Encountering the Leidias family would remind him of his last encounter with them (specifically, Kalja Maysul Leidias; even if she's not in the direct line to the modern Kalja, he'd probably notice the blood relation... and name similarity), and he'd start hunting real prey again after escaping death at their hands.

As for how he could work into Danolie's story, he would mostly be a background character, noticing Danolie first among the group and deciding to send in the weaker Anzati to kill the gypsies, etc., to draw Danolie out, at which point, his plan was to take the boy's soup himself. Of course, then he notices Kalja and the Leidias bunch... and things go awry, as they must, but he narrowly escapes.

Up to you. *shrugs*

Good read so far, by the way.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

He's about to hit the jackpot. Going from no Force sensitives to three in one day. Now all we need is for Notorious to drag Kalja, Danolie and Faye out into the wilderness to get eaten. :P

Post by Notorious »

This is turning into a horror movie and I don't even mind...

Great work, everyone. Archangel, if you'd like to take the role of the Anzati leader then I am all for it. I was going to do that myself despite my reservations toward RPing my own villain, but you've arrived just in time! Welcome.

Post by Notorious »

I love the posts. I can't write anything substantial tonight, I have to get to bed since I have a gig tomorrow. NIght
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

I'm assuming Danolie's friend Gadget was taken by the Anzati already? Is that why he's missing?

I'll try to work up a post tonight. Something introductory, just to get the Anzati in the story a little bit.
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

Enter the official CorSec post.... if anything needs changing let me know.
The Lost Holocron