Genesis: Fire Flame the First Song

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Genesis: Fire Flame the First Song

Post by Mir »

There were many patients at St. Vincent’s. It was a fairly busy hospital, but that tended to be the case when one was a hospital on Manhattan Island. With the number of patients that there were, the variety was high as well. But only one patient could claim a S.H.I.E.L.D. and NYPD presence outside of their room. The person was in a coma, and it didn’t look like she was to be out of it anytime soon. The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were there to report at regular intervals to the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury on the status of the patient. They did this personally, calling the Director, as opposed to calling an intermediary of some sort. Every two hours though, the report was the same. There was no change. The NYPD officers who were there had a different job there altogether. Each officer stationed didn’t know and wasn’t told what was special about the patient, or why the person needed to be guarded. Some were happy for basically a day off, while others were annoyed with the job. But all knew what they needed to do. The patient’s name was Michelle Crawford, and he fiance was Julius Rapa who was currently wanted by the police for shooting and killing Aleksandr Orlov in broad daylight.

They weren’t sure about the motive, but a connection had been made between the unconscious woman and Orlov, which had led investigators to peg this as a potential murder of emotion. Since they couldn’t talk to Crawford that was all that they could go on. Her coma was also a bit of a mystery as from what her medical provider had been told, she had just fainted and gone into a coma.

The two officers from the NYPD didn’t talk to the two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and vice versa. But all talked to the little boy who came and visited every day for the past two days. He was currently in the hospital room, kneeling next to the bed, his eyes closed as he prayed. James Flemmi, also know as Spider-Boy, hoped and prayed that the woman who was his mother would wake up and be okay. He turned as a nurse walked in. “Hi James.” The nurse said.

“Hi, Ms. Sherri.” He said. He quickly put away the scanner that he had been holding, and looked back at his mother. There were two sets of machines in the room, one from the hospital and one from S.H.I.E.L.D. that were connected to Paul Matthew’s personal computer. The scanner that he’d had, he’d been given by Dr. Franklin, so that the Spider Family and more importantly, the head of the household could know what the situation was. James reported to Julius what happened everyday, but this was so that Franklin could monitor Michelle directly. He had been trying to hook it up to the machines already there as this was something new so that James wouldn’t have to risk having the scanner on him when he came everyday.

“How was school?” The nurse asked.

“It was okay.”

“Can I get you anything?”

“No, I just wanted to spend some time with my mom.” He said with a small smile.

“Alright, well, if you need anything, just call me.” She said and James nodded before she left.

After he set up the scanner, James went back to sitting by his mom’s bedside. Everyonce in a while, he looked up at the machines to check on her. He only had a certain amount of time that he could spend with her. He was Spider-Boy after all, a member of the Spider Family and the Young Avengers. He was one of the heroes of the fight with the now dubbed Black Rose in Central Park. And even he had homework. Looking at his watch, he saw that it was going to be time for him to go soon. James turned when the door opened. Ms. Sherri walked in with one of the doctors.

“Dr. Monroe, do you think mom will get better soon?”

“We’re hoping, James.” Gregory Monroe said. Once he had made sure that James’ guardian, Dr. Stephen Franklin had known and was okay with the boy coming, then it was fine with him. It didn’t interfere with the things that he was doing. “We want to run a few more tests, so we’re goign to need her.” 

“I understand.” James said. “Just make sure you take care of her.”

“We will, don’t worry.” The doctor said.

James nodded and after hugging his mom, he was on his way.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The man known as Kors was standing in one of the League of Shadows many safehouses throughout the world. This one was in Spain, near Lisbon. He was with his daughter, his son, and the boy’s mother. In front of him was a group of different objects. Some were dirty and well worn. Others were in pristine condition. Some had been found in museums and private collections, while others had been found after extensive searching. It had taken Kors a while to get all of them. It hadn’t been his life’s work. he’d been alive for a while after all. But to say that he had been spending a good amount of time looking for them would be easy to say. He had been thwarted at various times by S.H.I.E.L.D., specifically S.H.I.E.L.D. Two. That team had been decimated after the lat time he had fought them. It had been a good battle.

There were a total of eight items, all arranged in a circle. Each one served a different purpose. They were ready, finally, after so much time and preparation to fully unlock them and let them serve their purpose. These items had been fashioned long ago, as methods to connect to and worship an incredibly powerful being. The Phoenix Force. Created by Feron after the Phoenix Force had come to earth, they had been split up over the years. They had been brought together in the past, shortly before Jean Grey had received the Phoenix Force.

This had given Kors the idea that it was very really possible that when the items were brought together, they called out to the Force and helped bring it to earth. He was going to try to draw the Phoenix Force into his baby son. Able to control his son, he would be able to control the Phoenix Force.

He watched as his son played with some of the toys that his mother had brought with them. All Kors saw was a means to an end. That was all that the boy was to him. Kors knew that what he was trying to do was very dangerous and could easily kill his child. But that mattered little to him. All that mattered was that there was a possibility that he would be able to control the Phoenix Force. Everything else was immaterial. If he could achieve that, he would be satisfied, even if it meant his entire family perishing in the process. The man turned when someone touched his arm. He turned to see his daughter standing there. “Yes, Talia. What is it?” 

“It’s time, father.” She said. “Everything is ready to begin. We have everyone in their proper place. Whenever you are ready.” She said.

He nodded and then looked back at his son, contemplating everything that was going on around him.

In the process of collecting the items, Kors and his League of Shadows had also kidnapped and brought together a group of telepaths. They had been pulled from various places around the world, and had been brought here so that they could utilize the items to call upon the Phoenix Force and when it got to earth and arrived there, could get it to enter Kors’ son. His son wasn’t a telepath, as far as Kors knew, so he needed to create an effect that would make the Force want to bond with his son. It was going to be tricky and he knew it. The possibility of failure was high. With a heavy breath, Kors turned back to his daughter.

“Let us begin this thing of ours.” He said.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

James Flemmi was in trouble. And he knew it. He was going to get a stern talking to by the good Dr. Franklin. He was supposed to be home. It wasn’t his fault that there was someone stampeding through the streets of New York City causing a ruckus. The person that he was fighting, he wasn’t able to tell who exactly it was, if the person had a name or anything like that. All that Flemmi knew was that this person was taking out a particular building on purpose. There were chunks of the building all over the street and parts were still falling. There were people in the apartment building who needed his help. He had swung into action to try to stop the man, who was tearing at the literal foundation of the building. His motives were his own.

As James catapaulted through the air towards his enemy, he saw a large piece of debris fall onto a car. The car itself crunched downwards and it forced James to cringe. How many people’s lives was this guy destroying by doing this? What was going on? Why was he doing all of this.

James threw a ball of webbing at the guy to get his attention. When that didn’t work, he shot more and more, until it did. The man turned, and growled, before grabbing a chunk of debris and throwing it at James. With a quick new strand of webbing, James was able to avoid the attack. He landed in front of the guy.

“So uh, mind telling me your name?”

The man responded with another growl and he grabbed a downed street light to swing at James. Spider-Boy, wondering just how strong this guy was, backflipped in order to dodge the attack.

“I shall call you Grrr. Grrr you shall be.” He said as he leapt into the air. As he did, James saw out of the corner of his eye, a man standing on top of a nearby building, carefully pulling back the string on a bow. He fired an arrow that went straight towards the man who was looking for something to throw after Spider-Boy.

The arrow hit him square in the chest. Then electricity flowed all over the man’s body, shocking him towards the ground. He had to drop to a knee. Meanwhile, Spider-Boy had landed on the building next to the one who had shot the arrow. He looked up and then smiled.

“Hey there, Spider.” The man with the bow said, sharing the smile that the other had on his face.

“Shocky!!” James said. “Where have you been?”

“Queens.” Shockteche replied matter of factly. “I heard about your mom though. I’m sorry about what happened. I can understand it. She’ll pull through though. If your dad is afraid of her, means she’s tough as nails. ”

“Yeah.” James said, more to convince himself than anything. “I know she will.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Brett Foster watched as Spider-Boy and Shockteche, two of New York City’s protectors went to work on fighting the man who was attacking the apartment building. She knew who it was. His name was Cole Reese. He had been her family’s neighbor in the building. A research scientist, his wife had been cheating on him, and she knew that he had been working on some interesting things for some interesting people. If she had to guess, he had ingested some of whatever it was that he worked on. She was running, trying to get from her third floor apartment downstairs, constantly looking out the window to see how the fight was going. She was only fifteen years old, but she’d seen a lot of the streets. This wouldn’t be the first apartment that she quickly tried to run from. Nor would it probably be the last.

She was soon out on the streets and she was moving, quickly. All she knew was that she needed to get to safety as quickly as possible. As Brett ran, she saw Cole turn towards her and a look of recognition come over her face. She froze and her eyes widened as he took a step towards her. He had the front door of a car in his hand, he’d been using it to block Shockteche’s arrows and to flail at Spider-Boy.

He threw the door at her.

This is it. It’s all over. I’m going to die. I’m a virgin, and I’m going to die and oh shit, I’m going to miss the end of this season of Vampire Diaries and I left Joe’s cd in the apartment.

That was all she could think of. But then something happened. Something amazing. Time seemed to slow down. She could move faster than she thought she could. Brett flattened herself to the ground. The door flew over her, where her midsection had been. Time seemed to speed back up as she rose from the ground. She didn’t give herself a moment to think about what had happened. For some reason, by the grace of some deity

She just ran.

She didn’t see Shockteche and Spider-Boy subduing Cole and bringing him down, she just saw the stairs of the subway rushing towards her as she went underground.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Michelle Crawford’s eyes opened as she gasped, lifting up off the bed, setting off all the equipment. And then they burned.

Last edited by Mir on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: Genesis: Fire Flame the First Song

Post by Mir »

“Something’s wrong, father.” Talia said. She said it matter of factly. It was obvious what was going on. The telepaths that they had brought together either lacked the power or the experience to properly control and contain the Phoenix. Even bolstered by the collected Phoenix items, they still weren’t able to really contain the Phoenix Force. They had definitely called it though and the Force had traversed the millions of light years from wherever it had been and had come to earth. It was here, in this very room. Personified, due to it’s lack of a host by a large flame bird, the Phoenix Force hovered in place, clearly free and able to do what it wanted. Kors took a step forward, towards it, calmly, as Talia stepped out of the room, to see if she could get what reinforcements the League had assembled for this task. He wasn’t scared of it, even though he knew that death could claim him.

No, he knew that it needed to be done, he needed to make this move. The entity had convalesced even further, slowly dwindling in size and brightness until it appeared to be around a meter in height. The brightness had diminished, but still, it called out to the soul. That power would never be diminished, no matter what. Kors reached a hand out, letting the holy fire bathe his hand in it’s warmth and light. “Phoenix.” He said, and the bird turned it’s head to him, regarding him out of one of it’s eyes. “You are so beautiful. I wish for you to be on earth once more, here in my son.” He said.

He could have sworn that he heard a note being sung, in a pure, almost crystalline voice. There was something about it that was so ethereally beautiful. It splintered into a melody and what seemed like thousands if not millions of perfect harmonies, all in unison with each other. He couldn’t put what it was like into words. Words were too simple, too uncouth to properly describe what he felt. “It is time for you to be on earth once more, Phoenix.”

The bird shook it’s head.

”There is one who is worthy. It is not your son, Kors.”

“No! You will be a part of my son!” He said. 

The telepaths struck, on his cue. But their mental attacks were like nothing compared to the creature that was if anything, akin to their creator.

Fire shot through the world that Kors called reality. In an instant, everyone in the room had been consumed by it. Only he was left. His son was dead, the boys’ mother also. All of the telepaths had been killed by the holy fire.

”It is not your time.”

And with a snap and a shockwave that threw him off of his feet, the Phoenix was gone and Kors was alone.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Michelle Crawford didn’t understand what was going on. The last thing that she had remembered was that she had been inside the Fantastic Five’s temporary laboratory at Columbia University and that she had been coordinating a mission with S.H.I.E.L.D. in recovering Paul Matthew’s black rose plant. That was it. Why she had woken up and was in a hospital bed, that she didn’t know at all. All she could remember was a sharp piercing pain and a flash of telepathic energy. That was it. Everything burned. Her entire body felt as though it had been lit on fire. She struggled to her feet and then staggered to the bathroom of the hospital room.

Flinging the door open, she stepped inside and stared at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were burning and had turned a bright, bright, molten red. The white of her eyes looked so bloodshot she would have that that she was on drugs, had she not known better. What in the hells was going on? Michelle stumbled back to her bed and collapsed on it, her body wracked with pain. It felt as though she was burning from the inside outwards, as though she was being consumed by some kind of fire.

Just before she faded back into unconsciousness, she was able to look out of her window, the blinds having been opened partially since she had been in there.

She could have sworn she saw a red bird.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

“Michelle woke up.” 

That was all that Stephen Franklin needed to say.

The entire Spider Family had mobilized. They had gotten the news shortly after James had arrived back at the house from his quick team up with Shockteche. The archer had said that there were things that he needed to attend to. He hadn’t wanted to go to see Julius, and James had gotten the feeling that it had something to do with the supposed murder of Aleksandr Orlov. He had stifled tears all the way back to the house, as Shockteche had told him, that one of the big reasons that he had come out to help Spider-Boy had been because of a promise that he had made to Michelle some time ago, to help Julius look after James should anything happen to her. 

It was just like his mother. That was something that she would do.

As it was, they were all slinging or gliding their way towards the hospital. Franklin was driving, due to his inherent lack of slinging abilities. James wasn’t sure what to make of the whole thing. He had just been there, and Michelle had been in her coma. Had what the doctor’s had just done been able to revive her? He hoped that it was the case. Franklin had said that her vitals were off the charts, and then everything had gone silent. While at first James had taken this to be a bad sign, Franklin had told him that it had just meant that all of the receivers had been disconnected. It was very well possible that Michelle had just had all of the nodes taken off of her. 

James had accepted this as a suitable response, until he could see for himself.

What they all knew was that they needed to beat a certain someone there.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

“Director Fury.”

Nicholas Fury turned and looked with his one good eye towards the person who was coming towards him. It was one of his aides and the woman was holding out a tablet computer. “What is it Agent Lane?” He asked, turning back around and continuing to walk through the hallways of the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters off the coast of east Long Island. “I’m a busy man, especially after the past few days we’ve had. This had better be important.” He said.

“Michelle Crawford is out of the coma.” The woman said. “That’s all we’ve gotten word of from our agent. We don’t know exactly what’s going on yet.”

Fury stopped dead in his tracks. His eyes narrowed. If he knew Julius, and he was probably the most qualified person on the planet to predict Spider-Man’s moves, he knew what was coming. “Lock that hospital down. Now.” He knew that, yet again, Julius wouldn’t understand, but what he was doing, he was doing for the boy’s own benefit. People just weren’t grateful.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“What do you mean we can’t get in?” James asked. He was standing outside of the hospital wing where his mother was, Dr. Franklin and Jessica with him. They were being barred from even setting foot on the floor of the wing, let alone get to Michelle. Julius had optioned to wait for them outside, and to only come in when given the all clear. He was a wanted man, after all. The course of action had made the most sense so that was what they had followed. Only to arrive here and be told by armed guards, S.H.I.E.L.D. guards none the less, that they couldn’t go and see his Mom. James was starting to get annoyed. He did a lot for the city and for everyone in it, and all he wanted to do was to see his Mom.

“There appears to be some kind of misunderstanding.” Dr. Franklin said gently. He knew what was going on. He didn’t think that James was able to see it at this point in time what was happening around him. Not fully at least. Franklin could see the confusion on James’ face, and more importantly, the anger. It was a very Julius like expression in its presentation. He really was his father’s son.

“I want to see my mom.” James said, stepping forward. “Tell Director Fury to let me through.”

The S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent looked at Franklin and then sighed. “Fury said when he gets to talk to Mr. Rapa, then you all can see Ms. Crawford.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

OOC: I’m assuming that Hal’s a little busy and this either isn’t on the top of the to do list or slipped his mind. Either way, I’m pushing forward.

IC:

“What does my dad have to do with anything?” James asked, angrily. He took a step forward, his fists balled up, but a hand from Dr. Franklin on his shoulder slowed him, stopped him. He took that moment to take a deep breath and know that to some people this was all just a game, but that to him it was his life. This was something serious, something that he took seriously too. All of the joking and the wisecracks aside, he was his father’s son, even in those regards. Just as Julius was taking this seriously, so too was James. It was another moment, another step for James Flemmi towards adulthood. His mother would have been proud, had she actually been able to see it transpiring.

“There has to be something that we can do.” Franklin said. He opened his hands outwards in a plea of supplication. “Come now man, this is the boy’s adopted mother we’re talking about. He hasn’t seen her since she went into the coma. Surely you can grant some leeway. Fury doesn’t have to know everything, does he?”

“I’m sorry, Dr. Franklin.” The guard said, slowly shaking his head. It was evident that remorse was on his face. “But I have strict orders to-” The man’s words were never finished, as Jessica hit two of the guards with her Venom blasts. They were knocked out and slumped towards the ground, weapons clattering next to them as they hit the floor of the hospital. The other two followed suit. Franklin and James turned to her at the same time a slight look of shock on both faces that she would do such a thing during the day while not in her costume.

“There aren’t any cameras.” She said and shrugged, moving the men to sitting positions in the chairs that were in the area.

“Venom blasts set to stun.” James said with a smile as he helped drag and place the unconscious guards. “Now, let’s go get Mom.”

Franklin nodded and turned to Jessica. They shared a common look of understanding. Jessica turned and started to walk away. Both knew that Julius needed to be contacted and told that Fury was definitely directly looking for him. He’d had his issues with the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the past, and this didn’t look like it was gong to be any different, at least on Julius’ end from most of those encounters. Advanced warning would be good though, and they knew it. Franklin turned back to go after James.

The boy had stepped onto the hospital wing and was looking for his mother’s room. Nothing was going to stop him.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

What in the hell had happened?

That was the only question that was pounding through Brett Foster’s mind. She sat on the subway, taking the 4 train uptown towards the Bronx. She had headphones in, headphones that had just happened to be in her pocket. They were plugged into her HTC Thunderbolt and her hands were shaking as she listened to the music. The dubstep mix was pounding, and the bass was wonderful, drowning the world out. Kickdrums and bassdrums that was what she needed in her life. Not this. No matter what volume setting, no matter how often the old chinese lady turned, gave her a disapproving look, and then, that being the height of New York City lifestyle critique, turned around, the pulsating beat could not get the thoughts out of Brett’s head.

What had happened? What had she done. How had she done it?

It had just gone beyond words. She didn’t understand it. Brett had read about people with powers, she had just seen people with powers do rather interesting things. But this was different. This was her. She didn’t know what to do and she didn’t know who to turn to. It was all so confusing. The one thing that she did know was that she was glad to be away from her apartment now. Whatever had been going on there, it hadn’t needed to involve her. Her down on his luck research scientist neighbor had seen to that for her, without a problem. Now she was homeless, but it wasn’t something that she wasn’t used to. Part of her life, Brett was used to dealing with things as they came towards her. But this...this power thing, it was a curveball for sure.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Jessica knew that Julius was in a small coffee shop a few blocks away from the hospital. It was a quick walk at her pace. She strode in, having seen where he was through the shop’s window and sat down in his booth. Julius was sitting there, with a cup of something and he didn’t look too good, that much was obvious. The average person looking at him would have gathered that he probably needed a stronger drink, and not stronger in the sense of coffee stronger. Julius took a sip of his drink and looked at her expectantly. There were no hellos, no greetings. There just wasn’t time or energy for that. “Fury has her under a serious lockdown.” Jessica said without preamble. “I got James and Dr. Franklin past the guarded area. Fury wasn’t going to let James see Michelle until you came and spoke with him. Can you really believe that?” She asked.

“Yes.” Julius replied. “Yes, I can.”

“Fury is going to have people here soon. I’m pretty sure he has to be mobilizing people since he knows that she’s conscious too. S.H.I.E.L.D.’s headquarters are not that far from here, you know that. You need to be ready to split and get the hell out of here Julius.” She said. She looked around. “I don’t think I was followed, at least I don’t think think I was, I don’t know for sure.” She added. “Julius, say something.” She asked as he stayed seated and fell silent. “What are you going to do? If Fury gets you he will turn you over to the NYPD, you know this.” She asked, her voice getting quiet.

“Going to go talk to Nicholas.” Julius said. “This has gone on for long enough.” He said, rising.

“But he’ll just turn you in to the police.”

“That’s where your wrong, Jessica. I know him better than almost anyone else in this world.” Julius said. And even that isn’t that big of a claim considering how unpredictable he is. “He won’t turn me in.” He said.

“James just almost lost his mom.” She said, rising herself and adjusting the strap of her purse. “Don’t make him lose his dad.” Jessica added.

Julius stopped and sighed. “You’re a good friend, Jessica. Hopefully after all this is settled you and Michelle can be friends. I’d like that. But for right now, the only thing I like is making sure my family is put together.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Michelle Crawford still did not understand what was going on. Her memory was not coming back and she didn’t know where she was, though it did appear to be a hospital. She was in a state of conscious unconsciousness in that she knew that she was unconscious. Making it back to the bed had been a little bit difficult, as she had felt everything coming over her a bit too fast. But it had been done, and there she lay. In her mind though, she was elsewhere. Far elsewhere. Unfortunately, she didn’t know where she was there either. it seemed as though she was floating, just floating in space. There were stars all around her. Where was she?

You’re in a space between spaces, child.

Michelle spun around, trying to find the source of the voice. But she couldn’t. 

“What’s...What’s going on?” She asked.

You have been chosen, Michelle Crawford. Chosen to be the new vessel for the Phoenix Force

"But how? Why?"

The how is immaterial. The why is because you are the most gift telepath and telekinetic on this planet. You have the greatest potential for good and you were destined from when you were born to be one with the Phoenix Force.

"Am I dead?" Michelle asked, still confused.

Suddenly there was a rushing noise and a downward pressure, as though she was strapped into a standing free fall ride at an amusement park and was dropping towards the ground. It was only a few moments, but she landed, perfectly fine in the streets of New York City. This was her home, where she lived. The people, they were whom she protected. But this was different. This was a New York City with no one. There was no one on the streets of down town Manhattan.

No, you’re not.

“Well that’s good to know.” She said, starting to walk.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

The City of New York was dead. Not literally dead, just that the streets were barren. It was something that was impossible, and Michelle still couldn’t believe her eyes. New York City was never dead, never dull. It was truly the city that never slept. She had patrolled it countless times as Seer and she could attest that it never rested, but that it was always awake. She knew that she wasn’t dead. Well, she knew that whatever was speaking to her, this thing that claimed to be the Phoenix Force, was telling her that she wasn’t dead. Michelle didn’t know what was going on, and that scared her. She was someone who liked being in control of what was going on around her and the situation that she was currently in, did not lend itself to be anywhere near that. Not knowing where you were and more importantly, not being where you wanted to be, was one of the first levels of control, after all. Michelle had lost that. One thing that she noted was that the sensations that one normally experienced were gone. While she was barefoot, she couldn’t feel the roughness of the concrete that she walked on. She was on the sidewalk in downtown New York, looking around and wishing that someone would tell her what the hell was going on.

As a test, she reached out and touched a light post. She knew that she was touching it, but she couldn’t feel it. Not how she used to. It was different, it wasn’t tactile. There was so much information connected to something as simple as a touch. So much more than she had ever bothered to see before. This new sensation, it was amazing. Michelle didn’t know what to think about it, except that it was awesome. She could feel so much more than she could before and she didn’t know why. She did know, however, that she liked it. It was something different, something powerful.

Pulling her hand away, Michelle turned and looked out at the city. Her view on it was so different now. There was life, everywhere. Everything. All of it. The whole city was her playground, so much more now than it was before.

She lifted off the ground, eager to explore.

From a distance, a shadow watched.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

It had been relatively simple to arrange, honestly. Years ago, Julius had gotten a number, a number which he had kept very safe. It was a number he could use to get in touch with Nick Fury whenever he needed to. He could count on one hand the number of times he had ever dialed the number, mainly because he never had. Until now. This was something that was far more dangerous, possibly, than anything he had ever been involved in. Because seemingly overnight, Julius had a family. A real family, one that was bound to him in ways that were stronger than blood, if that were possible. And he needed to protect that family, no matter what. Making the call hadn’t been difficult. Waiting for the call’s ending to pan out was.

He sat in Grand Central Station, looking at the different train times that were posted throughout the Station. It was a great place, Grand Central. A hub, one of the many centers of the city. Thousands, tens of thousands people moved through here in a single day. It served as a meeting point for people, just as it did now, for Julius and for Fury, a man who, despite Julius’ mental protests, was very close to a father figure for him, to say the least. He had been waiting for roughly ten minutes when he was joined at his bench by a man in a simple suit, in his late forties to early fifties. Julius’ spider sense didn’t go off, but something else told him that there was more to this man than met the eye. It didn't take him too long to figure out that this person was the man that he had been waiting for. The man who, it seemed, was able to manipulate everyone and everything to get what it was that he wanted. And what he wanted, no one was ever able to truly know. He was a man of mystery and right now, he was Julius' best "ally". Julius narrowed his own eyes and then spoke. “Nick.”

“Hello there, Julius.” Fury said.

“We need to talk.”

“I figured as much, when you called.” Nick said with a small smile. “You know, I remember telling you years ago that something like this might happen.” He said, leaning back against the back of the bench. “You and your family is an interesting bunch, to say the least.”

“Honestly, I don’t think that right now is the time to be saying ‘I told you so’.” Julius said in reply. “We need to talk. You can’t bar James from seeing his mother. I want her transferred out of that hospital, or at least I want the S.H.I.E.L.D. and the NYPD taken away from there.” He said. “I know you can do all of that very easily.”

“Well, yes, I can take the S.H.I.E.L.D. guards away. But I can’t take the NYPD officers away, Julius. We both know that. You’re a wanted man, and they know that Michelle is your fiance.” Fury said. “So do you really think that they’re going to pull the officers off when they know that you want to see her?” He asked. “I can arrange for James to have unrestricted access, same with Jessica and Stephen. But you, you can not go near there, otherwise those officers will arrest you. That I can't stop, unfortunately. We both know that I don't like it when family members are away from each other and estranged, especially formerly close family members.”

“I didn’t kill Orlov.” Julius said, his anger starting to grow. He was starting to get a headache as well. Dealing with all of this, it was starting to weigh on him greatly. He just wanted it all to end. Michelle was coming out of the coma, or better yet, she could be out of it already, and he couldn’t see her. He didn’t know what was going on with whoever had killed Orlov, he just wanted to see his fiance, that was all.

“I know you didn’t. I believe you, Julius.” Nick said. “But you have to realize what it looks like and-”

“What it looks like?” Julius rose, his fists balling. “I’ll show you what it looks like. I’m being framed and you know it. There are only a few people who know who I am, and that was intentionally made to look like I did it, while Orlov was being who he was. Something’s going on here. You’re going to help me get to the bottom of this.”
Last edited by Mir on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“I’m going to do nothing of the sort.”

“What?” Julius asked, anger grabbing him. He almost got up and turned on Nick, but he stopped himself. It wouldn’t do. It just wouldn’t. Getting angry at Fury wasn’t going to help his situation and in all likelihood, would probably hurt it. He needed to keep a level head for this one. He knew that he had a problem with that sometimes, but this was important, possibly the most important thing in his life. Julius thought of Michelle. He had to keep a level head. “So you’re going to sit by as an innocent man is put on the chopping block? Actually, now that I think about it, that is something that you would do, so I’m not too surprised, honestly.”

“I don’t know why you have to try to make this personal, Julius.” Nick said with a small shrug. “There’s a simple solution to this, and you know it.”

Julius paused, considering, thinking on what Fury could mean. There was a large number of possibilities, but he wasn’t sure which one Fury was leaning towards. He sat back in his chair and closed his eyes. The last thing that he wanted to be doing right now was playing games. These were the things that Nick Fury specialized in. Twisting people with his words and actions and getting them to do what he wanted. What he wanted, Fury got. There were only a few things that Nick Fury hadn’t been able to get. That list was definitely incredibly tiny.

“What do you want?” Julius asked.

“That’s an easy question to answer, Julius. When you have your answer to the question, get in touch.” He said. Rising he started to walk away.

“Wait.”

“No.” Fury said and turned around. “It’s easy for you to judge me and question me when you want things from me. It’s easy for you to ask me for what you want. But when do you give me what I want, Julius?” He asked. “When do I get the help that I need.”

“I help you.”

Julius said in his defense. He started to rise, but he stopped when Fury silenced the motion by raising a hand. He felt like a child again, being scolded by the one eyed man.

“When it suits you. When helping me gets you what you want. But you never help me just to help.” Fury said. “So why should I help you? Letting you see your fiance, doing what you’re asking me to do, it does nothing for me. So no. We’re done here.” He turned and started walking again. It didn’t take him long to become one with the crowd once more.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Nick Fury stepped outside of Grand Central Station and pulled the grey trenchcoat that he wore a little bit tighter around his muscular frame. The man started walking down the street, knowing where he was headed. He had a car parked at one of the many parking structures that had been built into Manhattan. It wouldn’t be that long of a drive back to S.H.I.E.L.D.’s headquarters. It would give him time to think on what to do next. There were so many things going on in the world and in his own world that he needed to try to control. You weren’t always able to control them, but the least that you could do was try to control them. That much made the difference. That was what Julius didn’t understand about what Fury did. He had to think multiple steps ahead of his enemies and Julius could only focus on the here, on the now. It wasn’t a fault, Fury often times didn’t see the things that went on around him, because he was already fighting a fight a month from then.

His cell phone rang then and he picked it up, answering it. “Fury.” He said, the one word more than enough. Silence would have been enough. Few people had this number, and fewer of the people who had it ever called it.

“We think we have him.” The voice on the other end said. 

“You’re sure?” He asked as he walked, his face changing slightly. “We can’t afford for this to be a mistake. If something goes wrong, I can’t have another Crawford running around the world. One is awesome. That damn girl is too powerful uncontrolled.” He said.

“Director, we’re very convinced that the intel that we got is good to go.”

“Has Francis seen it?” Nick asked as he caught sight of the parking structure and started changing his path to head over there.

“The Vice Director saw it and approved it on his end, sir.”

If Francis Kyle had seen it and thought that it was good intel, then that was good enough for Nick. His second in command rarely made mistakes and prided himself on being able to spot good information out of the almost soup that the intelligence game was. S.H.I.E.L.D. had a gem in that man, to say the least. “Alright then, get in touch with Myers and Miller, and get them a team for back up. Be ready to go when I give the call.” He said and then he hung up. If Gabrielle Myers or Charles Miller were busy, they’d damn well un busy themselves so that they could get this done. When Nick Fury called, people listened, and when he told them to do something, they damn well did it. That was how things worked, that was how they operated.

As he crossed the street, Fury thought again on whether or not it was wise to let Julius be like this without giving him some hope that what he was looking for would actually happen. A part of him was still angry with the boy because he wasn’t becoming a man, not the way that Fury wanted and needed him to. At the same time, Fury couldn’t blame him, because Julius had seen and been through so much. Why Julius wasn’t able to forge ahead and be more serious minded, he didn’t know, but in the end, Fury knew that he would help him. Because Nick would always help him in the end. But this time, Julius was going to have to earn it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Jessica couldn’t believe her eyes. She had been headed back towards the hospital when she had seen something that had been too impossible, too unreal. Between the times when the Rose had been dealt with and now, she had found out who Spade really was. It hadn’t taken her too long to find an actual picture of Aleksandr Orlov. While crossing the street towards the hospital, she was looking down the street, her mind caught up in everything that was going on. And then she had seen him. Unmistakably him. It had to be Orlov, there were few people who could pull off the bulk that he had with the way that he did it.

She had abandoned her journey to the hospital, knowing that in a pinch, James would use his powers. Also, Franklin was a lot hardier than most people knew it and he could get out of situations if he needed to.

This was more important. Her phone up to her ear, she ran, calling Julius. He needed to know about this. Julius was innocent.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Brett Foster was off of the subway. The shaking had kind of stopped, but she had fixed that with a cigarette or two. She wasn’t sure where she was, but she’d just gotten off, feeling that she had done enough of running. She was up close to the edge of the Bronx. The teenager had made it far away from everything that had happened, but she was convinced that she hadn’t gotten far enough. However, getting off the train had been something that she just felt she needed to do. Now Brett walked, a little aimlessly, taking in the “sights” of the city. She was wondering what to do next, when she got a phone call. Picking up the phone, she saw that it was a friend of hers, Joey Rogers. Shit. Brett remembered that she didn’t have that CD for him. That was something that was going to be a little difficult to explain. Considering everything that had happened recently, it was the least of her worries, but if she was going to try to act as though nothing had happened, then she needed to maintain some semblance of a thought process geared around the life that she had led up until a few hours ago.

“Hey Joey.” She said. Fuck, I sound nervous. Like I’m high on something.

“Hey Brett. What’s going on?”

“Not too much. Why?”

“Just wondering. I heard there was something crazy happening by where you live. You see anything?” 

“No, I wasn’t at my house. I was by the library actually. I need to get home though and figure out what's going on. Listen, speaking of that, I don’t have that CD for you yet.” She said, hoping that he wouldn’t get too pissed off about it.

“It’s fine, take your time. You want to hang out later today?” He asked.

“Like tonight?” She asked. “Sure what time and where?” Brett asked. She had hung out with Joey plenty of times both with people and when there had been a lesser numbered crowd. He was a friend and she was pretty sure that he was going to spend most of the time droning about some new indie band that he’d found with weird and outrageous names. It was what he did, and she didn’t mind it too much. For one, it let her find a whole lot of good music to listen to, and there was never anything wrong with that. Second, and what was actually more important to Brett, was that it let her get out of her house and away from her mom, something that she really enjoyed. Her mom wasn’t overbearing, it was just that whenever she was at home, she was always around. Never let Brett just be by herself. It was annoying, to say the least.

“I don’t know, like eight ish and let’s say the park?” 

The park? The fuck? “Sure, that works.” They’d never hung out in Central Park before. What the hell was going on?

"See you there."
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Months had passed. At least, she thought it was months. Michelle had lost all track of time. All she knew was that she was in a world by herself, and she didn’t understand what exactly was going on. She had been given an explanation, one that involved one of the most powerful entities in the universe, the Phoenix Force. According to this explanation, it had come to earth or had been brought to earth and was choosing her to be it’s host. Why, she wasn’t sure. That, she did not understand or know. She had learned so much though in the time that she had been here. Her abilities were changing, and they had given her so much more when it came to what she could do. She could change so much, she could affect so much more than she was used to. How, exactly, Michelle didn’t know. If anything, she had to assume that this had something to do with the Phoenix Force.

Roughly a little while ago, since she had lost all track of time, she had started to see that she was being followed. Well, she hadn’t been able to see her being followed, it was more of a feeling. A feeling that she couldn’t shrug away, a sneaking feeling that she was being followed. Whenever she tried to look, she couldn’t find whoever or whatever it was that was following her. Determined to find out, Michelle had tried to trap this thing, but to no avail. It was causing her to worry, about whether or not there was something even there or not. Maybe she was losing her mind. Was any of this even real? She had been visited multiple times by the voice that had told her about the Phoenix Force.

It had taught her a lot, showed her how to manipulate her powers to do bigger and better things. Her control had been increased and she had newer powers that she hadn’t even known she’d had before. It was incredible. The sheer magnitude of what she could do, it was unimaginable. The possibilities were, literally, endless.

Michelle was floating above New York City, looking down at the empty city. She had grown used to seeing it, so empty and devoid of life. It was strange for her to see the city like this, and it had been different at first. But now, she had gotten used to it. So much more serene, so much more the way that it seemed that it should be. She didn’t know why she didn’t miss the hustle and bustle of the city, something that she loved about New York. But she didn’t. It was as though she was finally alone with herself, with her thoughts. She had her normal coping mechanisms, the meditation spheres that she utilized. But this was different. This was on a completely different level.

It was so much more.

She closed her eyes, and just breathed in, taking in everything around her. It was then, when she opened her eyes, that she saw it.

The Shadow. She knew where it was.

With less than a blink of an eye, she was there.

The shadow had it’s back to her, and she strode forward towards it. “Who are you?” Michelle asked, curiousness in her voice. “There’s no one else here, but me and you. How did you get here? Are you part of the Phoenix too?” She asked.

“A part, yes.” The shadow replied, with its back to Michelle still.

Based off the voice, Michelle couldn’t tell whether or not this was a man or a woman. She had reached the shadow, but was unsure whether or not she should walk around to see the face. Clearly the shadow did not wish for her to see it’s face. But she wanted to, so badly. “So...who exactly are you?” Michelle asked.

“I could ask the same question of you.”

“I’m Michelle Crawford.” She said. 

The shadow started walking, it’s back to Michelle still, and Michelle started walking as well, keeping up. “Tell me about yourself, Michelle, and I’ll tell you who I am. Sound like a fair exchange?”

“I guess.”

Michelle said with a shrug. She didn't know who or what this thing was, but it seemed as though there was only one way to find out. Chalking this up to another interesting thing in a place full of interesting things, Michelle watched the shadow.

“Alright then.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“I’m a mother to an adopted son. I’m a fiance, I’m someone who tries to do good.” Michelle said as the two of them walked. “I’m a mutant with incredible powers and I try to help people with them. Sometimes, I’m successful, sometimes I’m not. It sucks when I’m not, but it feels great when I am.” She said. “I’m not really sure what else there is to tell, to be honest.” She added. “Was there something in particular you wanted to know?” Michelle asked.

“What was it like growing up?” The Shadow asked.

“I grew up on a farm in Maryland.” Michelle said, a small smile coming to her face. “I remember always having to get up early to do chores and make sure that everything was working smoothly. My parents insisted that I finished all my homework and all my schoolwork every day before I worked on the evening chores. I don’t think they wanted me to grow up and have our farm as my only option in life.” She said. She shrugged after a moment. “It was a childhood. It wasn’t that bad, and I had a great bit of fun living on that farm.”

“Whatever happened to that farm?”

“My parents still live there. I haven’t spoken to them in a while though, I should probably try to get in touch with them. Whenever I leave this place. But I don’t know if I want to, or if I can. And for some reason that’s not that bad of a thought. Is that wrong?” Michelle asked, not understanding why but feeling that she could trust the Shadow. “I mean, this place is empty, but it feels so great, so pure.”

“It’s a place where life can be created, where things can be made right.” The Shadow said after a moment. Michelle nodded enthusiastically in response.

“Exactly.”

“Once you understand more, you will realize what is going on, Michelle Crawford. But for now, I must take my leave of you.” 

Michelle stopped walking, and watched as the Shadow started to drift away from her. “Wait.” She said, calling out. “You said that you’d tell me who you are after I told you who I am. You still haven’t told me.” She said.

The Shadow stopped and turned. The shadows that surrounded the thing acted as though it was hooded. “So I haven’t.” it said. Reaching up, the Shadow pulled back the hood, revealing a face exactly like Michelle’s own. Except that more than half of the face was rotted, eaten away by decay. Bone was exposed in multiple places and there were open sores on her cheeks and forehead. The hands that pulled the hood back were shown to be in a similar condition. “I’m you, Michelle.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“What the hell is going on?” Michelle asked.

“What do you mean?” The Shadow asked, a twisted looking smile on it’s face. “I told you who I am. I’m you. That’s what you wanted to know, wasn’t it?” It asked.

“How can you be me though? That’s impossible.”

“Is it?” The Shadow asked, turning and looking around. It gestured to the world around them. “Isn’t all of this impossible?”

“Well, yes, but the Phoenix said that-”

“Ah. Now we hit the crux of the matter. Right now, you’re in a hospital room in Manhattan. You’ve been in a coma for quite some time, but you just woke up. You were trying to get out of bed when you fell back down. Then you ‘came’ here. Your son, James Flemmi Jr., and Dr. Franklin are about to walk into your hospital room.” The Shadow said with a small smile.

“How do you know all this?”

“Because I’m you. I’m the Phoenix, Michelle, and I’m you. I have no limits, I am simply power. And more importantly, I am emotion. I am the emotions that you’ve kept bottled up inside for so long. The thoughts, the feelings, everything. The things that you feel you can’t say or for some reason feel that you shouldn’t say. I am the embodiment of all of those things.” The Shadow said. “The truth behind growing up on that farm. You’ve covered it all up. You’ve forgotten quite nicely, haven’t you. But I haven’t. I never have. I lived it, the same as you did.” 

“I don’t understand.” Michelle said, her face showing her shock.

“You don’t need to. You just need to know that I am your anger, I am your pain, I’m your suffering. And I want out.”

“No!” Michelle said, and lashed out the only way she knew how to, telepathically.

But the Shadow just laughed as it brushed the attack off. “You don’t know how to use the Phoenix’s powers just yet. But I do. I know exactly how to use them. And I’m going to. The Phoenix Force has liberated me, given me the means and the tools to do what I want to do. You’re not in control Michelle, and you never will be. Never again.” The Shadow said, and then started to rise into the air.

Try as she might, Michelle couldn’t stop her. Soon she was left alone, alone in the made up world of her mind. Slowly, it turned to night time in her vacant, empty New York City. The lights of the big city were everywhere, as they always were. But there were still no people. And then it started to happen. From the top of Manhattan, to the bottom part of Alphabet city, the lights started to wink out. Everything. There would be no light. She would be alone.

In darkness.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Michelle’s eyes snapped open as James and Dr. Franklin walked into her room. A smile fleeted across the face of the attractive blonde and when she blinked, there was a burning fire once more in her blue eyes. Then it was gone and she closed them once more. She knew that James and Franklin were in the room, and she laid still, before letting out a little groan and rolling over. Blinking her eyes open, Michelle smiled at the two of them. “James!” She said, flinging her arms open. “Oh, it’s good to see you.” She said, as the little one jumped onto the bed and into the hug.

“Mom!” He replied.

As she hugged him, Michelle looked up at Franklin and nodded in greeting.

“It appears that you were quite out of it.” The elderly black man said with a smile.

“I feel better than ever now.” Michelle said, rising to a sitting position. “Where’s Julius?” She asked, realizing that he wasn’t with them. Franklin could see her mind working. Julius would have been with them and if he wasn’t, there needed to be a good reason for it.

“He’s...tied up a little bit.” Franklin said. “Someone shot and killed that Aleksandr Orlov in broad daylight on tv.” He said.

“Yeah, and the guy who did it looked like dad. But he was fighting that plant.” James interjected, not sure if he was ready to let go of his mom just yet.

“The police have an APB out for him. Fury refuses to protect him, and so it’s difficult for him to be seen in public, especially around the hospital.” Franklin said. “The police figured that he’d try to come visit you, so they posted NYPD officers all around in order to catch him if he tried.” He said with a look of apology. “James was here everyday, he can tell you all about them.” Franklin added, nodding at the boy.

“We’ll figure it out.” James said.

“We always do.” Michelle said. Rising from the bed, she headed over to a counter where her clothes were, freshly pressed and folded. Grabbing them, she headed into the bathroom to change.

Franklin’s eyes narrowed slightly. Something was off. He wasn’t sure what it was, but this was not the Michelle that he knew. There was something off with her walk, with her mannerisms. Michelle was a very independent, strong woman, but here, her mannerisms suggested a different mindset about her, possibly even stronger than she had been before. When she came out, she was dressed in street clothes. Giving them a smile, Michelle reached a hand out for James as she started walking to the door. “You’re leaving?” Franklin asked, confused.

“Why not?”

“You’re not cleared yet. You were in a coma, you have to get checked.”

“I feel fine.” Michelle said. “And I hate hospitals.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

The abnormal behavior continued as they checked Michelle out of the hospital. James was too wrapped up in being with his mother once more to realize what was going on. But the older man was able to see that not all was as it appeared to be. He still couldn’t put his finger on it, but one of the words that came to mind was confidence. Michelle was standing on the sidewalk, looking around. There was a smile on her face, and it was obvious that she was experiencing these things for what appeared like the first time. This was strange for someone who lived in New York City and was able to be in Manhattan a lot of the time. It just didn’t seem normal. Wondering what was going on, Dr. Franklin walked over to her. “Is everything alright?” He asked.

“Everything’s fine, Dr. Franklin. I’m sorry. While I was in my coma, I kept dreaming of a New York Cit with no one in it. All the buildings were here, but the streets had no cars, there was nobody walking around. It was incredibly lonely. But it felt so real at the same time. I’m just happy that I’m not stuck in that coma anymore.” She said.

“Me neither.”

“Come on.” Michelle said in reply to James. “Let’s go find your dad.” She said. “I’m sure he’ll be happy to see me.” She said with a smile.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

She was gone, but it didn’t matter. Dr. Gregory Monroe had watched as Michelle Crawford, her adopted son, and Dr. Stephen Franklin had walked out of the lobby of St. Vincent’s. Everything was going according to plan. He already had the DNA material that he needed from Crawford in order to create a viable clone of her. His work here was done and he was going to head out as quickly as possible. In his Gregory Monroe persona, he still needed to tidy up some loose ends, namely he needed to finish his shift at St. Vincent’s. But then he was headed to JFK airport out on Long Island.

He’d already purchased his ticket for London, England. The Hellfire Club was interested in seeing whether or not they were going to get a return on their investment and he was going to give Duncan everything that he’d put into this venture and so much more. With a smile, Monroe sat in his office, his eyes drifting over to the clock. It was just a matter of time now. Just a matter of time.

He could wait. He’d been waiting for this moment for a while now, ever since he’d left Kors’ service and had struck out on his own. London was calling him. So was a cool eighteen million euros. He couldn’t wait for Duncan to see what special little things he’d left in store for him. The man wouldn’t know what to do. All part of the game that they played.

Gregory was about to close his eyes, when there was a knock on his door. One of the nurses stepped into his office holding a small clipboard. 

“I’m sorry to bother you, Dr. Monroe, but there’s a few new admittances that we need you to take a look at.” She said with a small smile.

“Not a problem, Grace.” He said, rising to his feet. Flashing her a winning smile, he reached out for the clipboard. Maybe he'd take her with him. She was pretty in her own way. “In the end, it's all part of the job, after all.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Michelle reached a hand up to her forehead as they rode in the taxi. Franklin, who had been eyeing her still watched as she winced and massaged her temple. “Headache?” he asked.

“No.” She said, but then when she winced again, she spoke. “Yes. Maybe a migraine. I have Excedrin at the apartment though, so I should be alright.” She said.

Franklin nodded. “Thankfully we don’t have to deal with the police. Director Fury was able to give a strong enough alibi for you in regards to where you were when Aleksandr was shot. More importantly, the fact that you were in a coma means that you shouldn’t have to worry about anything in that regard.” He said.

She nodded. “That’s good.”

It wasn’t working. Well, it was, because she had taken over Michelle’s body, but she was having a hard time keeping Michelle out, the way that Crawford had been able to so easily keep her subconsciously pushed down all these years. She needed to draw on more power from the Phoenix Force, but she didn’t want to give anything away that something was wrong. The last thing that she wanted was for Franklin to truly suspect something. That wouldn’t bode well for her at all. So she continued to concentrate, hoping that she’d be able to get to her apartment and ask for some time to herself.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Julius had gotten off the phone with Jessica with a renewed sense of purpose and determination. He was going to prove that he was innocent. While he didn’t know who had done the deed, he knew now that Aleksandr was still living. That meant that it was impossible for him to have killed the man. He trusted Jessica’s word that she’d seen the supposedly dead man. Julius was waiting to head out and go after Aleksandr, but he knew that he needed to wait just before he did that. After all, he’d gotten a call that Michelle had been checked out of the hospital and was headed back to the apartment that they shared. Despite the fact that he wanted to find out who was behind this as soon as possible, Julius was just a little bit more anxious to make sure that his fiance was alright. That seemed to be just a little bit more important, all things considered.

He was standing out in front of their apartment, when the taxi cab pulled up. First, Dr. Franklin stepped out and then James. Then he saw her. She looked beautiful, as always. Julius took a few steps forward, but then he stopped. Something was wrong. He couldn’t tell what it was, but he could tell that something was wrong. Julius’ brow knit together and he turned to look at Dr. Franklin. Dr. Franklin’s face told him that something was off too. If the good doctor felt that something was wrong, then something was going on. Was it something medical? Was she still not really better? Worried, Julius took another step forward and looked Michelle straight in the eyes.

What Franklin was unable to see, he was. He knew Michelle and he knew her better than anyone else. There was definitely something wrong and it was evident with her eyes. They were different. Different than they had been before and Julius couldn’t explain why. What was going on? All he could think was that maybe while she was in the coma, something had happened, but he knew enough of science to know that there wouldn’t be that big of a difference, and not like this. Also, he was fairly positive that the eyes themselves wouldn’t be able to convey a different feeling. That much, there was no explanation for. He couldn’t tell that something had changed because of the coma, but he was able to confidently say that something was different.

“Michelle.” He said, putting a smile on his face.

“Julius.” Michelle said, taking a step forward and giving him a big hug.

Julius returned the hug, knowing that while James was around he had to at least try to save face. But on the inside he could tell that something was wrong, it was definite now, and he knew that he was going to do whatever he needed to do in order to fix the problem. It was then that Michelle whispered into his ear.

“Play along, little bug, and I won’t have to kill you.”

Julius almost froze. “I suppose I could.” He said.

“Good. I know you want your precious little Michelle, but you’re just out of luck. She’s gone, forever.”

“Then why am I listening to you?” Julius said, pulling back. “Who the hell are you?”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“Who am I?” Michelle said, realizing that there was no way to avoid the scene now. “I am power. I am emotion. I am life.” She said, taking a few steps back and smiling at Julius. She could see the confused look on James’ face. It was obvious that he wasn’t sure what was going on. “You’re going to make me hurt the boy, Julius. Don’t make me hurt the boy.” She said.

Julius unconsciously reached out, pushing James behind him. This was not Michelle, that much he was now a hundred percent sure of. “Dr. Franklin, get James and get him out of here.” He said. He didn’t bother to turn to see Dr. Franklin place his hands on James’ shoulders and start to pull him away.

“But, wait, what’s going on?” James said.

“Don’t you dare take my son from me, Julius.” Michelle said, her eyes darkening. “If you take him from me, I’ll kill you.” She said.

“What’s going on?” He asked. “Michelle plea-”

“Michelle doesn’t live here anymore.” She said. “But you, you can call me Phoenix.” She said.

A wave of powerful telekinetic energy shot out. 

Julius’ spider senses responded for the first time in a long time, regarding Michelle. He’d subconsciously dampened them after he’d met her and understood that she was a friend. It was what allowed Michelle to by pass the spider sense that otherwise would make his mind rather impregnable. Obviously there were still blocks in place over...certain areas. He couldn’t control those parts, even subconsciously. He’d never reacted towards her hitting him, either playfully, or if they were actually in a fight, when she got a little angry. But this, this was different. The Spider sense registered Michelle as a foe now, and he reacted without thinking.

Jumping backwards, Julius tried to dodge the wave, but he couldn’t. He was picked up by it, and thrown against the apartment building. As he fell towards the ground, he saw it rushing towards him, and he reacted once more, landing on his feet, perfectly. There were pedestrians that were starting to stare. This wasn’t good, not good at all. Secret identities could be exposed, and families put into danger.

“Michelle.”

“Phoenix.”

“Okay, Phoenix. Would it be okay for me to put on my suit?” He asked. “I mean, if people know I’m...well, me, that would be dangerous for James.” He said, latching on to the first thing that popped into his mind.

Phoenix stopped and considered. With a wave of her hand, Julius was lifted into the air and suddenly was in his costume. He landed on the ground and looked down. It was a vamped up version of his suit. Better material, and more flexible. It looked like she was going to fight him, but she was giving him an upgrade for some reason. Probably the better to beat him with. Looking up, he set his face. “Alright. Let’s do this, I guess.” He said.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“We’ve just a had a huge spike of telekinetic energy.”

Nick Fury narrowed his eye. “What?” He asked on the phone in the car. “What level?”

“Like nothing we’ve ever seen, sir. The closest we’ve ever seen come to it is Michelle Crawford.”

“Location?”

As soon as he got the address, he knew. Myers and Miller were on mission, already on a plane and headed out of the country. He didn’t have that many people available for him to be able to call. Roy was on a leave of absence, Mikhail was in Europe. “Get the rest of S.H.I.E.L.D. One up and running. I don’t care where those two are, get them to that address.” He said. “And get whatever back up we can.” He added as he hung up. He had a few calls to make. Hopefully he would be able to get the help that he needed. One person he knew that he could count on. The other would be a crap shoot.

Nick Fury wasn’t one to beg, and he was damned if he was going to, but in this situation, he just might need to. He’d never be able to live with himself if it came down to that. Damn Grace to hell.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Paul Matthews and his family had finished up their packing and were already on board their flight back to Metropolis. As a matter of fact, they had taken off and were already a good twenty minutes in to their flight, which was already short, considering that Metropolis was in Delaware. The rest of the Fantastic Five were all asleep. They’d had a late last night, out on the town. Metropolis was great, but as Jimmy had put it, it had nothing on the New York City night life. He had a point there. It had been a great night, but getting up in the morning hadn’t been, well, that fantastic. But they had made it to the airport and there had been the private corporate jet. It was one of the benefits of running a successful corporation like they did. All said and done, he hadn’t been too upset with how their New York trip had ended up.

Okay, granted, his experiment on the roses had been mutated and turned into a giant black rose that had severely threatened all of New York City via Central Park, but still, it had been handled. He’d been able to get a lot of raw data from everything that had happened and if there was one thing that Paul enjoyed, it was not being bored. This information would keep him occupied for a while. Also, it would give him wonderful reasons to stay out of the wedding planning area. Which was always great.

Furthermore, they had met and befriended other heroes, and that was always great. Increasing the list of people who they could call in favors from was always good. Paul didn’t mind helping others, so if they were called, then hey, they’d be able to go back to New York. There wasn’t anything wrong with that. He was about to doze off and take a nap of his own, when his cell phone went off. Matthews took the phone out and answered it.

“Paul Matthews, hello?”

“Matthews, it’s Fury.” Came the gruff reply.

Paul fought the urge to grimace. Fury’s tone wasn’t good. Usually when this happened, things were not going well at all for the world. “Director, how can I help you?” He asked. 

“I’m sending some information to your computer. Tell me what you think.”

Paul grabbed his tablet and turned it on. He tapped a few buttons and the feed started. He saw the telekinetic spike, the shockwave, everything. More importantly, he saw the address. He’d been there. Eaten dinner there. “What’s going on?” He asked.

“I was hoping you could tell me. All tests of Michelle Crawford don’t show her being able to unleash a single blast that powerful or that technical.” Fury said. “We’re wondering-”

“How do you have tests of Michelle Crawford in the first place?” He asked, his eyes narrowing. Matthew didn’t remember ever reading any file on Crawford allowing S.H.I.E.L.D. to test her. It was then that something else hit him and he tapped a few more buttons on his tablet. The feed from her hospital room was gone, but the last thing he saw was that she’d come out of the coma. But her bio signatures had been normal, so the program hadn’t alerted him that anything could be amiss. What was Fury getting at? “She came out of her coma, that much I know.”

“Never mind how we got that information, Fantastic.” Fury said, quickly. “Something’s going on. She came out of her coma and now this. I need you and the Fantastic Five here, back in New York City. Turn that damned Wayne Enterprises jet of yours around.” He said.

“Director, you have your team and-”

“Most are out and won’t be back in time. You’ve barely left the city.”

“We’re not S.H.I.E.L.D.” Paul shot back, as Emma rose, awakened by the rise in his voice. She turned to look at him, rising when he waved her off. She knew that meant it was something wrong.

“Matthews, you will get your stretchy damned self, and your team here as soon as possible, otherwise you don’t want to know what I will do to you.” Fury said. “Something’s wrong, Paul.” He added, his voice getting marginally gentler. There was a distinct pause. “Something’s wrong.” He repeated.

And that was enough to make Paul Matthews tell the pilot to turn the jet around and have Emma wake everyone else up.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Brett was walking through Central Park. She was listening to her music, which had shifted in taste towards the early years of hip hop. Raekwon’s Ice Cream played through her headphones and she found herself repeating Method Man’s hook as she walked. Thankfully this was New York City, so she wasn’t regarded as a crazy. Here, you had to do a lot more than just dress the way that she dressed and mumble to yourself song lyrics to be denoted as that. Central Park was an interesting place. It was quite easily the largest park in New York City. Dominating a huge portion of Manhattan, it had been created to allow people to have green, something that Brett found awesome and amazing. She loved being able to go to Central Park from time to time. She liked breaking in at night and just being there, checking out the night sky without the bright lights of the city. It was a great place.

She turned with a small jump when someone tapped her on the shoulder. Yanking the headphones out, she turned to see Joey there with an easy smile. “Hey, what’s up, Foster?” He asked as he grabbed her into a short hug.

“Not much. What’s going on?” She asked.

“Meeting up with you.” He said with a shrug. “Nothing amazing.”

“Please, I’m involved.” Brett shot back with a smirk.

The pleasantries dismissed, they started walking. “This place got pretty trashed a few days ago.” He said. “You know when they’re going to be able to finish fixing it up?” He asked.

“I heard it was going to take a couple months, at the earliest. You know how long New York takes to fix things sometimes. But, it is the Park, so you never know.” She said with a shrug. “Hopefully soon. New York City without Central Park, it’s not a pretty.” She said. “I’m just happy that none of the animals got hurt.”

“Really? The petting zoo animals? Close to two hundred people died because of that black plant thing.”

“Doesn’t mean the animals have to suffer because people are dumb.” She said. They were climbing some of the big rocky boulders that dotted Central Park. It was later in the evening and the night life of the city were just starting to poke their heads out. The sun was up, it still would be for quite some time. They found a nice place to sit, but before they could talk further, they were quite rudely interrupted.

A group of guys came upon them, and Brett and Joey recognized all of them. They were from their school, and they were not a good group to get mixed up with. Brett had seen them from a distance and had hoped that they wouldn’t notice the two of them there and try to mess with them. Unfortunately they had and now they were, which wasn’t going to add to the fucked up day she’d already had. This was going to be great. She just knew it.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Julius landed, attaching to a light pole, with a grimace. This was not going to well, not well at all.

The last wave of energy that Michelle had unleashed, had been the biggest he’d ever seen her use. He’d known that she was powerful, yes, but he’d never expected something like this. It was amazing, to say the least. Granted, he wasn’t that appreciative of the fact that the attack had been directed towards him, but that was something he could live with. For some reason though, he was fairly positive that Michelle was toying with him. He knew how strong she was and realistically, she could have plucked him out of the air with her telekinetic ability and manipulate him to her will. The fact that she hadn’t so far, and was working with blasts of telekinetic energy, it meant something. At least, he thought it meant something. He hoped it meant something.

Though, according to the person fighting him, this was not Michelle, it was someone named Phoenix. That was definitely something that he didn’t understand. He knew that he didn’t want to hurt Michelle though. He was just trying to figure out what the hell was going on. It was obvious that this had something to do with the coma that Michelle had been in. As much as he wanted to spout off with some quick witticisms, he clamped down on the urge. This was one of those times when it didn’t make sense to do that. This was his fiance he was fighting, not some criminal or some super powered thug. It was his fiance and he didn’t want to hurt her. He just wanted to know what was going on.

Flipping through the air, Julius avoided a car that was thrown at him. It slammed against the light pole that he’d been on. The car’s alarm, which had been going off, was silenced, as the sound of glass shattering filled the air. “Michelle, I mean, Phoenix, what’s going on?” He asked. “This...this isn’t you. You’re different. What can I do to help?” He asked.

“Everyone wants to help, all the time. I don’t need help. I’m fine. Better than I’ve ever been.” She said. “I don’t need help.” She repeated, almost screaming it.

“Of course you don’t. You’re in great shape. I’m wrong. ” Julius said, holding his hands up. He figured that siding with her on this would be a step in the right direction. He hoped that it would be, because she was going to catch him with an attack, sooner or later. He was hoping for later. “Why are you attacking me, though? I don’t understand.”

“Because you’re going to take him away. I know what you’re going to do.” She said in response. “You’re going to take my son away.” She said and finally lashed out, grabbing on to him telekinetically. She wrenched him towards her, and then they were almost nose to nose. “You won’t take James from me.”

“I never planned on doing that. Phoenix, Michelle, you have to listen to me.”

Julius eyes widened as he saw a pair of helicopters start to approach from the distance. One was clearly NYPD. The other, well, he easily recognized the S.H.I.E.L.D. emblem on the side. This wasn’t going to end well, he could tell.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Fury hadn’t needed to beg Grace, and he’d gotten what he needed. Back up. Vanguard reinforcements were on their way, in the form of American Dream and She-Hulk. Just like S.H.I.E.L.D. One, various members of the Thunderbolts were out on missions for Vanguard. Only American Dream and She-Hulk were available for Vanguard to loan to S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury had balked at Grace sending in Vanguard soldiers, but he didn’t know how long he’d have to be able to stop Brian. The man technically was within his rights to send in Vanguard forces. Fury just knew that whatever was going on with Michelle Crawford, he wanted to be the only one to be able to take advantage of it. More importantly, he knew that Grace would not have the knowledge needed to deal with Julius effectively. They had worked together in the past, when they were both Avengers, but there was no one on this earth, save for less than a handful of people that knew Julius Rapa the way that Nick Fury did.

He was going to have to capitalize on that if this went south. Fury could only hope that it didn’t.

The two helicopters were on approach towards the quickly emptying New York street. Fury’s took in the scene. Michelle Crawford was spiraling out of control and he wasn’t sure that they were going to be able to contain the situation. He looked at the two women in the helicopter with him. “Alright. Frostbite and Spectacular, we have reinforcements on the way, but for right now, you’re all that we’ve got. You’re going to have to do your best to contain the situation. I don’t know what exactly is going on down there, but we do know that something isn’t right with Michelle Crawford. As of right now, she is the designated target of importance. Spider-Man is not to be harmed, but if he gets in the way you have authority to take him down.” Fury said.

They had already been briefed and they knew what the situation was. Katherine Ansley, also known as Frostbite nodded slowly, turning to look at Tiffany Michaels, who also went by the term Spectacular. “You ready for this?” She asked.

“We’re going up against the world’s greatest telepath and telekinetic and she appears to be unhinged and crazy. Sure, I guess I’m ready for this. I mean, if I say I’m not, would it really matter?” Tiffany asked.

“Doubtful.” Fury said, as the helicopter continued it’s approach. “Alright, ladies, go out there and make me proud.” He didn’t want the chopper getting too close because he didn’t know how far Michelle’s range was now with her telekinesis. It made sense right then to be on the cautious side of things. After all, Fury was only human. He watched as Frostbite jumped into the air and descended towards the ground, followed by Spectacular. Spectacular, who could fly, swooped down, grabbing Frostbite under the shoulders to help her. The two moved on, landing near the fight that was going on between Spider-Man and Michelle Crawford. Fury watched as the two of them spread out to get a better vantage point.

He checked his watch. Paul Matthews and the Fantastics would be here soon. Hopefully Grace’s reinforcements would get here soon. That was going to be all that he could bring to bear for this one. Unless some miracle happened. Fury wasn’t a praying sort of man. At least, he didn’t depend on some deity to solve his problems for him, he much rather go out there and find a solution himself. But then again, he’d been raised that the good Lord Jesus didn’t help those who didn’t first help themselves. He’d done the best that he could. Fate would decide the rest.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Julius turned to the two newcomers and his eyes narrowed slightly. He knew who they were. Fury’s stooges. They weren’t going to help the situation and if anything they were going to hurt it. He watched as they fanned out. He turned to Michelle and saw that her eyes were burning brighter. The look on her face was that of anger. “Fury? You brought Fury into this, Julius?” She asked. “The man you hate, your true father figure?” She asked, and he could see the anger boiling inside of her.

“Hey now, I did nothing of the sort. You see me call anyone?” He asked, putting his hands up in defense of himself, palms outward. “I swear, I didn’t call them.”

Flames had sprouted from her body and now they nova-ed, gaining in size and brightness. “This was a family matter. A family matter.” She said. “No one else has the right to get involved.” She said.

“We’re only trying to help.” Frostbite said.

“Well, something tells me you’re not going to.” Spider-Man said. “Look, tell Fury to call this off. I can deal with this.” He said. 

“Unfortunately we can’t do that, Spider-Man.” Spectacular said. “We have orders. Fury has to consider everyone here in New York and their safety.” She turned to look at Michelle Crawford just in time to see the anger reach it’s head and Michelle lash out, a wave of telekinetic energy shooting out and slamming into Spectacular. She was thrown backwards, slamming through a traffic pole before continuing through a parked SUV. The woman rose and dusted herself off, her eyes glowing. “Seer, we don’t want to have to use force, but we-”

“Oh, no, here we go.” Julius muttered to himself.

“That isn’t my name!”

If the attack that Spectacular had taken before had been bad, this was far, far worse. Asphalt was ripped up as Spectacular took the brunt of the attack square on. She was drilled into the ground. Frostbite’s eyes widened and she started running over to where Spectacular was. As she did, she extended her left arm and started firing concentrated blasts of ice and frost at Michelle. She knew that it probably wasn’t going to do much, she wasn’t nearly on the level of Michelle Crawford, but it was something. She knew enough about Tiffany to know that Spectacular would probably be fine from the attack. Katherine could remember a mission where Tiffany had taken two direct missiles and had been fine. She didn’t doubt that her friend would continue to fight.

They needed to keep this going until they could get back up. Fury was in their ears, talking to them, telling them that Vanguard’s two agents were en route. But there was another form of reinforcements that was far closer.

If they survived that long.

“Phoenix, you have to stop.” Julius said. “I didn’t bring them here, don’t hurt them.” He said, running forward towards Frostbite and Spectacular.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“Then get away from them!” She said, sending a wave of telekinetic energy that tossed Julius backwards. “I’m going to send Fury a message. My family is my family!” She said, crafting a stream of Phoenix Fire that shot forward and hit Frostbite square in the back, knocking her to the ground. Michelle watched as the other woman writhed in pain. Steam rose from her body as the fire heated her core temperature. It was far, far more than Frostbite had ever had to deal with and it was obvious that she was in pain, possibly more pain than she’d ever been in her life. Michelle smiled in response to what was happening. Spectacular rose and looked at Michelle.

“Oh, that is it!” Tiffany said. “I didn’t want to have to do this lady, but you’re not giving me any choice.” She said and extended her hands, shooting blasts of energy towards Michelle. She gritted her teeth as she did so, the beams shooting straight and true towards the other woman.

A telekinetic shield was pulled up a moment before the energy hit the shield. Michelle just smiled as she started to walk towards Spectacular. The shield held strong as Tiffany took a step back, pouring more energy into the attack. Michelle kept smiling, knowing that it was going to hold. She doubted that there was much that Tiffany could throw at her that she couldn’t handle easily. The two of them kept moving in this pattern, until Michelle lifted her hands, channelling more cosmic pyro, shooting it forward.

Knowing what was going to happen, Frostbite summoned some strength and shot an ice blast forward. The fire simply consumed it and kept barreling towards Tiffany. Only until Spider-Man reached out, did the fire stop, but that was because he used his webbing to grab a partially smashed car and pull it in the path of the fire. The car detonated, the fire melting metal and causing the gas tank to explode. The blast tossed Spectacular backwards and she landed on her rear end, before she quickly got to her feet. She watched as Michelle turned to Julius.

“And you say that you’re not with them.” She said. “You’re going to help them?” She asked, her voice rising in pitch and volume. “I should have known. I should have known that you’d turn on me. You want him all for yourself, you’re taking my boy from me. I won’t let you do that.” She said, anger filling her words and her voice. “I won’t let you do that.”

Spectacular shot forward then, flying as fast as she could, giving Michelle a spear. She broke through the telekinetic shield, slamming into Michelle’s midsection. The two of them impacted through a Starbucks and came out the other end. Spectacular stood on top of a fallen Michelle, and she looked down at her. “You need to calm down.” She said. “I don’t know what the hell is going on and what’s happened to you, but you will calm the fuck down, lady.” She said.

“I don’t think so.” Phoenix replied and her eyes glowed red. There was a boom and a wave that was pulsed out, shattering glass everywhere. Spectacular was slammed upwards and thrown upwards, until she was higher than the entire skyline of the New York City. Tiffany was unfortunately knocked out, so that she couldn’t use her flight and she started tumbling towards the ground, unable to stop herself and unable to control herself.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Spectacular plummeted towards the ground.

Her eyes opened as she felt something catch her. She screamed as she realized what had happened and then she started to look around. Tiffany saw that the arm was covered in blue and was connected to a body far away. Mr. Fantastic! She breathed a sigh of relief as he started pulling her back towards him. He was with the rest of the Fantastics and they were in one of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s helicopters. Soon, she was standing inside of the helicopter. “Are you alright?” Emma Stevens asked as Spectacular took a shaky step. Slowly, she nodded, shaking her head a few times as if to clear it.

“Alright, that is it. I’m taking that bitch down.” Spectacular said.

“I wouldn’t be too hasty about it.” Paul Matthew said.

“Why?” She asked. She stopped and then considered. “Why?” She asked again, her tone changing.

“We don’t know what’s wrong with her.” He said. “She just woke up out of a coma. Her powers are raging, far higher than they normally do. We were just around her and this is not her, I can tell you that. Something’s wrong, clearly she’s not in control of herself.” Paul said.

“Can’t just...beat it out of her?” Spectacular asked. When Paul shook his head, she frowned. “Well, there’s nothing wrong with trying. Thanks for the rescue, professor.” She said, before turning and jumping out of the helicopter, heading back down towards the fight.

“This isn’t going to end well.” Carly said and Emma nodded. “We need to figure out what’s wrong with her. Set up some kind of perimeter.” She added. “Though, I don’t know whether that’s going to be useful. Considering the power that she has.” Carly said.

“Fury’ll have people moving in.” Jimmy said, light ringing his body as he lifted off the floor of the helicopter. “I’m going to get started.” He said and darted outwards. Carly looked at her sister who just nodded. Emma shifted into her diamond form and stepped off the helicopter, leaving the Carly alone with her future brother in law. Their eyes met and Paul slowly shook his head and Carly nodded. The two of them knew how this could turn out and they knew that they needed to avoid that to the best of their ability. After Paul, Carly was their best engineer and she could build him anything that he needed. Fury would provide the resources, of that Paul was confident.

But what he saw, when he landed was beyond something that he would have thought Fury would do. There were APCs and Hummvees rolling down the streets to create perimeters. S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers stood next to New York National Guard soldiers and all were ready and waiting for orders.

“Nick, what the hell is going on?” He asked, as soon as he got off the helicopter.

“We have to make sure that this is contained.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“Contained?” Mr. Fantastic asked. “But these are god damn tanks, Nick.” He said. “You can’t be serious.” He said.

“You know better than anyone else, what’s going on, better than me. You know what could happen. Am I really being that paranoid?” Fury asked, glaring at him with his good eye. When Paul failed to reply, Fury nodded. “That’s what I thought, Stretch Armstrong. Now get on your damn computer and figure this shit out. I need to know what’s going on and I need to know how to stop her.” He said. “I don’t care what your solutions are, find me something that will work, short of dropping a nuke on her.” He said.

Fury left Mr. Fantastic to turn to two more newcomers. One was a blond woman who was dressed and appeared to look like a female Captain America. “American Dream, you come highly recommended from your cousin. Nepotism is nothing new, but if you get yourself killed, I’m not apologizing to little Gracie boy.” He said.

Sarah Gray just smiled. “I’ll keep that in mind, Director Fury.” She said.

Then he turned his attention to the other woman with her. “As for you, well, do whatever you need to.” He said. “Get in there and provide back up. You have the headsets so everyone can hear everyone else.”

Natalie Connors nodded and then the two were off, headed across the barricades that were set up in order to help Frostbite, Spectacular, and the Fantastics that were in the field. This was going to be interesting, to say the least.

The woman who was causing all of the problems was getting more and more out of control, and it was clear to the people involved that she was unstable. There was only one person who was still trying to reason with her. Spider-Man. Julius was doing what he could to try to keep Michelle from completely losing it. Whereas the others were dodging attacks and fighting back, all he did was dodge. He didn’t raise a finger to fight back. Part of it was the knowledge that his webbing was only going to get burned by her pyro. Another part of it was the knowledge that if he got in close to physical fight her, he was going to get telekinetically blasted. And last but not least, part of him knew that he couldn’t fight her. It was Michelle Crawford underneath everything that was happening and he loved her.

He watched though, as two members of the Fantastics, Angel and Flare worked as a team to try to attack her. Phoenix had responded by taking chunks of the street and driving them into Angel, throwing her far back. Flare had been thrown into a building. All of the buildings at the intersection that they were at were damaged and one of them was getting ready to fall down. This wasn’t looking good, at all. Spider-Man flipped through the air and landed on the ground on the other side of the barricade. He needed to speak to Fury. This had gone on for long enough.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“Nick.” Spider-Man said as he rose from the crouched position that he’d gotten into when he landed.

“Spider.” Fury replied, tersely.

“Care to explain why you’ve brought the 53rd Army Liason Team, the 69th Infantry, and the god damn rest of the New York National Guard down here?” He asked.

“Care to explain what it is exactly your fiance can do now?” Fury asked. When Spider-Man fell silent, he nodded in reply. “Thought so. Let the big boys do the talking, okay? We know more about what’s going on, than you do.” He said.

“You don’t know anything about what’s going on.” He said in reply. Spider-Man turned as the ground shook. Another one of the buildings on the intersection was ready to go. This wasn’t looking good at all. They needed to figure out what was going on. Outside of the fact that Michelle’s durability had just skyrocketed, she was throwing people around like they were toys and their durability meant that the surrounding landscape was going to get severely beaten up and damaged. Angel alone could go through a couple of buildings before she slowed down. There were few things on this earth that could properly take her down. Throwing her wasn’t going to do the trick. Julius wasn’t sure how long it was going to take Michelle or Phoenix to figure that one out. He knew if she started using her telepathy, none of this was going to end well.

“Well, I know a little of what’s going on.”

They both turned to look at Mr. Fantastic. He had walked up, his tablet in his hand. “The few sensors that we have running right now have picked up dramatic spikes in telepathic and telekinetic energy. I know, we already know this. But it’s drastically above the level of output that Michelle Crawford is able to put out normally. She’s got enough telekinetic power to...well...do whatever she wants, basically.” He said.

“She’s a mutant.” Fury stated, something else that all three men knew. “So there’s only so many ways that you can augment a mutant’s powers. I could understand it if someone put MGH into her I.V. drip while she was in the coma.” He said. “I’m looking into one of the doctors there anyway, about something else, but I’m sure that we can figure something out.” He saw that Matthews was shaking his head. “What is it?” He asked.

“MGH is a powerful substance, but her power growth has been exponential. I don't think that it was MGH. She's grown way too powerful. This is something else. It has to be.” He said.

“Let’s figure it out then.” Fury said as a soldier ran up to him. He just nodded and the soldier saluted before turning and running away.

Julius turned and looked, unsure of what was about to happen.

That was when the tanks opened up, firing on Michelle.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Underneath the Spider-Man mask, Julius’ eyes went wide as he watched the tank rounds hit Michelle’s telekinetic shield. He knew that that shield could take a beating, but he’d never seen it take anything like this. Granted, he couldn’t remember ever seeing her go up against firepower like this, but this was borderline amazing. Or spectacular. Even for him. He turned to Fury. “You have to stop this.” He said. “She’s only hurting people because they’re attacking her.” He said.

“Your fiancee has officially become too powerful to be allowed on the streets without being controlled.” Fury said. “Would you rather I do this, or would you rather Grace?” He asked.

“Better the manipulative bastard I know.” Spider-Man replied.

“That’s what I thought.” Fury said. He gave the order to cease fire and looked at Julius. “You’re my best soldier, kid. Sheppard would hate me for saying that, but it’s true. You’re the best one I’ve got. I’ve trusted you with more precious lives than this in the past, and you know exactly what I’m talking about. I’m giving you five minutes. You talk to her and you calm her down.”

“If I can’t?” Julius asked.

“Then I’m bringing God’s wrath to downtown Manhattan like Sherman did to Atlanta.” Fury said with a shrug.

Julius swung without another word and landed in front of Michelle. “We need to talk.” He said. “Phoenix, I need to speak to Michelle.” He said.

Anger blazed in her eyes. “Why do you want her?” She asked. “She’s weak. She’s powerless. She’s gone. I’m here now and I’m not going to go anywhere. I’m her unchained, unleashed. I’m everything that she wants to be. I’m Michelle perfected. Why don’t you want me, Julius.” She said, and reached out, sliding a hand up his front from his stomach up to his chin.

“Alright, I gotta admit, the flaming hair and eye thing, it’s hot. But Fury over there is going to blow you away if you don’t stop.” He said.

“I can stop him from here. I can just kill him.” She said. “Julius, he’s going to take my baby away from me.” She said. “I can’t let him do that.” 

“Please don’t.” Julius said. “Why do you keep thinking that we’re going to take James away from you?” He asked. “No one is going to take James away from you, Phoenix.” He said. “Please, let me talk to Michelle.” He said. “I just...I need to find a way to help.” He said.

Phoenix’s eyes closed for a moment. “Fine.” She said. “I could kill everyone here and that would solve the damn problem, but fine.” She said. Her eyes closed again and when they opened, fear was in them. Fear and hurt and something else.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“Michelle?” Julius asked, tentatively.

“Julius?” Michelle asked. “What’s..what’s going on?” She asked. “Why are there soldiers here?” She asked.

“Michelle, I don’t know what’s going on. You’re out of the coma, but you’ve kind of lost it. There’s someone else, some other personality. Calls herself the Phoenix.”

As soon as he said the last word, Michelle shook her head, violently, as if she was trying to clear her head of something. “She’s strong...so strong.” She said. “It’s so hard to keep her away. It’s taking everything I have.” Michelle added, reaching up and clutching her head as she fell to her knees. Julius followed, reaching a hand out, but Michelle strongly batted it away. “She’s doing this, but I can’t stop her.” She said. She looked up at Julius. “What’s wrong with me?”

“What’s the Phoenix, Michelle?” He asked. “If we can get that much, that’s a start. The Fantastic family is here.” He said. “Paul Matthews can help.”

“She’s me. But she’s me unhinged. Inhibited. Free. I always wanted to be free.” Michelle said.

Julius looked over his shoulder and saw Fury on the other side of the barricade. He was watching, closely. When Julius turned back, he saw that Michelle had risen and she was looking at him, the fear still on her face. “What if I can’t stop her? What if I can’t control her. She’s powerful, Julius, more powerful than I am.” She said. “I don’t...I’m scared.” She said, tears welling up in her eyes. They threatened to spill over, but Julius reached out and grabbed her, pulling her into a tight hug.

“We’ll figure it out. We always do.” He said. “I...I trust Matthews.”

“Do you trust Fury?” She asked, her voice muffled.

A battle waged within Julius. On the one hand, he needed to tell her what she needed to hear in order to reassure her. But on the other hand, he didn’t want to lie to her. He couldn’t. “Some days. Some days I trust him. This has to be one of those days.” He said with a small smile, unseen under the mask. He leaned back and looked her dead in the face. “I need something. I need something to give him though to get him to back off.” Julius said.

Then it happened. Everything changed.

She closed her eyes and when she opened them again, Julius saw something that he would remember until the day that he died. He would swear on it until the day that he died. Whereas all of the times before, her eyes had looked like they were aflame, now Julius could see a definite shape to the flames. A firebird. A Phoenix. And it all clicked for him. He understood what was going on and he understood what was causing everything. Before he could speak though, her eyes locked onto his. Her hair was tousled around her face, some of her bangs hanging in front of her eyes. He was tossed backwards.

Hard.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

As Julius hit the ground and skidded backwards, his eyes took in an interesting sight. Steam and smoke wrapped around Michelle, covering her. It was still possible to see through various parts of the smoke, and he could see her clothing seemingly melt off of her body, adding to the steam and smoke. She was naked, but when she stepped out of the smoke, she was clothed once more. But this time, her clothing was different. She wore clothing of a skin tight material. It was a dark red, with boots that ended at mid thigh and gloves that ended shortly beyond the elbows. The boots and the gloves were gold. A sash was around her waist and the sash was the same color. Her hair had changed as well, becoming fire red once more. But the most obvious thing was the emblem on Michelle’s chest. A gold bird, it’s wings splayed for all to see. 

”Phoenix.” Julius said and understood. He turned and started scrambling to his feet. He had to stop Fury, he had to stop Paul Matthews. He knew that Matthews wouldn’t necessarily want to do what he was going to do, but he also knew that in this situation, Matthews would go for the most complete solution, not necessarily the best one. He’d just crossed the barricade when he heard the words.

“This is over. Everyone open fire. Everyone.”

Julius was still in mid air and time seemed to slow down. He could hear and feel everything around him. There were over ten tanks in the area, all M1A1 Abrams. Multiple twenty two pound M829A3 depleted uranium shells were fired. Chambers everywhere erupted as numerous fifty caliber rounds were fired, countless seven point six two millimeter rounds were fired, and an almost infinite amount of five point five six rounds were fired. But that was just the beginning. That was just the amount of firepower brought down by the non powered ground forces. Up in the sky were Apache helicopters. Their chain guns were brought to bear and the Hellfire missiles were warmed up, ready to be fired.

When the smoke cleared, Fury did something he rarely, rarely did and even more rarely had to do. He re-evaluated the threat present in front of him. Considering though what was going on, he wasn’t too surprised that he’d needed to.

Michelle Crawford, known as Seer, and now apparently as Phoenix was still standing. There was a shield around her, that was clear, but had a slight blue tinge to it and had some kind of energy crackling every once in a while. Her eyes were closed and when they opened, he saw the anger in them. “You dare to shoot at me?!” She screamed and flung her hands outwards. This was not going to end well at all. Fury watched as S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers and materiel just started to evaporate into thin air, completely obliterated by the telekinetic wave that she threw out.

“Fire at will.” He said. “Everyone, even supers.”

“You have to stop.” Julius said. “This isn’t going to help the situation.”

“I gave you a chance to fix it, and you couldn't. Blame is on you. I can't afford to let her be loose like this and you know it. It’s all I can do now.” Fury replied.

“No, it’s all you know how to do.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Julius spun around and jumped, landing next to Paul Matthews. The two men looked at each other. “You have to do something.” He said.

“There’s...there’s not much I can do.” He said. “She’s the Phoenix, Julius. She’s the living embodiment of telekinetic and telepathic energy. She’s the prime universal force of life. I don’t know how to stop that. I mean, we could use that magic stuff, that’s worked in the past with Jean Grey, but I doubt that Fury has anyone that he can call on such short notice.” He said. “All we have at our disposal is hitting her as hard as we can with everything we have.”

“God damnit, that’s my fiance. Matthews, you have to do something.” Julius replied.

“What the hell do you want me to do?” He asked. “The only thing I can try to do is convince Fury to get this whole mess out of downtown New York City.” He said. He looked around and back at Spider-Man. “She’s your fiance, but think about all the damage that’s going to get wrecked upon these people?” He asked. “They did nothing to deserve this. What about them?” He asked.

Spider-Man looked away. Matthews had a point.

“I’ll get to them, you figure out how to deal with this.” He said and turned, jumping into the air. He was gone.

Paul looked down at the tablet in his hands and thought. He did know of a way to stop all of this, but it wasn’t something that he wanted to use. It had the potential to be far too dangerous. The product of a number of experiments some years ago, it was somethign that he and James Matthews had worked on together. James had wanted to sell it, but for Paul it had been something to do, to see whether or not they could do it. It was a genetic scrambler, and it acted in a very simple way. True to it’s name, it seriously interfered with someone on the genetic level. They could theoretically remove a particular gene. In this situation, it would be the X-Gene. The problem was that it was incredibly dangerous. Literally, it could kill the person involved. While it would remove their powers, it also didn’t leave anything behind in the wake of the X-Gene’s destruction. A mutant’s body couldn’t function without it’s X-Gene, disastrous things would happen.

One could turn the X-Gene off and back on, but Matthews didn’t know if wholesale shredding it at the genetic level would be okay. They’d tested the ray, yes, but never on humans. Only on lab animals, who they’d already genetical experimented on to have extra genes that they could eliminate. None of their test subjects had properly survived, all had been needed to be put down.

Fury came over to him. “Matthews, I need you to tell me that you have something.” He said.

“I...”

“Quite possibly eight million lives hang in the balance. If not the entire world.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“I have something, but I don’t know if it will work.” Paul Matthews said. He looked around and then swallowed a lump that he hadn’t even realized had developed. All of his science aside, he was talking about potentially killing another person. “It’s dangerous, for everyone involved.” He said.

“More dangerous than what’s going on right now?” Fury asked, waving his hand. The two men looked to see the supers getting involved, and Frostbite getting slammed into a building. The four buildings that had made up the intersection were all but destroyed at this point. People were dead in side of them and that was scratching the surface. There was death and destruction and it didn’t look as though it was going to ease up any time soon. The only reason why they were able to contain it right then and there was that the Phoenix was choosing not to leave. For whatever reason she was dedicated to staying right then and there.

“I see what you’re saying, but I can’t...I can’t make that decision.”

“But I can.” Fury said. “Let the blood be on my hands, Matthews. Do it.”

Matthews just nodded and turned back to his computers.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Spectacular held one of her hands to her head, trying to still the ringing. There was pain throughout her body and she was fairly certain that she had one of the highest levels of durability out of everyone fighting the Phoenix. Even Emma Stevens didn’t look too good, and she did have the highest level of durability. They were getting slaughtered out here. Nothing they threw at her was working. She’d already killed a lot of the S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers. Tiffany had watched as the woman had waved her hands and one of the Abrams tanks simply disappeared, everyone inside killed. This was ridiculous. How were they supposed to fight against this lady? She was too strong. The Phoenix was stronger than all of them combined. Was there anyone who could fight her?

It was then that she wished that Derrek was still there. If he’d been there, he would have known what to do. He had been Captain America. But he was gone now. Something had gone wrong with his super soldier serum and he’d changed, he’d disappeared. But if he’d been here, he would have saved them all. That was what he’d done, that was what he’d always done.

As the world around her exploded, she did something that she hadn’t done in a very long time. She prayed. She prayed simply to survive. And then she grabbed the closest piece of rubble and she threw it, hoping that it would be able to do something. Rising up into the air, she glowed, her entire body glowing with energy and power. She was done playing around. Something had to be done about this lady and it appeared that no one else was going to cross the line that needed to be crossed. So she charged forward, throwing herself at full speed. As it turned out, Emma Stevens had pummeling through Phoenix’s telekinetic shield. While she’d been able to break through parts of it, Phoenix had opted to drop the shield to punch Emma in the stomach, the punch augmented with telekinetic energy. This meant that her guard was down.

Which meant that Spectacular had perfect timing.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Spectacular broke through the shielding, wrapping her arms around the Phoenix’s waist and then lifting up. Though the buildings around them were already demolished, that didn’t mean that there weren’t more. After all, they were in New York City. The two of them slammed through a high rise and then another. Spectacular also pulsed out energy as best as she could, knowing that this was their chance. They had to take this one shot that they had and she wasn’t going to be the one who let the chance fall through her fingers. Closing her eyes, Tiffany just kept pushing until they were out, above the New York City skyline. Finally, she let go and then pulled her fist back, clocking Phoenix in the jaw. The other woman reeled backwards, floating in the air. Shaking her head, Michele’s head snapped back and stared daggers at Tiffany.

“Beating me won’t bring him back.” She said.

“What are you talking about?”

“The man you love. Fight me, beating me, even killing me, it won’t bring Derek Sheppard back to you. He’s gone. Dominic can’t get him back for you. But you’re going to keep being his kept bitch, won’t you? You could be so much more but you won't. You limit yourself. You disgust me.” Phoenix said with a smile.

"You don't know me."

"Oh, but I do. You're pathetic, worth less than the dirt on the bottom of the hundreds of soldiers here all scared out of their minds because they don't know what's going on, but there's a woman with so much power here. I’m in your head, Tiffany and you can’t get me out of.” Phoenix added and then Spectacular started clutching her head, as a telepathic assault began. Phoenix merely smiled, folding her arms over her chest. But then she was knocked back by a powerful explosion. Looking into the distance, Michelle saw a pair of F-35s flying towards her, sporting the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo. The two fighter jets started up their chain guns, spitting rounds at the Phoenix.

She was able to throw up her shields in time, but the action diverted her attention from Spectacular. The other woman used this to pull together a huge amount of energy and shoot it at the Phoenix. Spectacular slammed into the Phoenix again. This time though, the Phoenix had had enough. Pushing away physically and telekinetically, Phoenix’s eyes, already ablaze with fire, almost exploded with anger and she reached out and grabbed a hold of the two F-35s. Yanking downwards with her mind, the Phoenix cast them straight down, towards the S.H.I.E.L.D. ground positions.

Then the worst possible thing happened. The Phoenix summoned fire. Cosmic fire of immense power, the stream slammed into Spectacular, sending her down towards ground level Manhattan. But she wasn’t done yet, as she took of, heading straight down as well, leaving a trail of fire. She beat Spectacular’s free fall down to the ground and all of Manhattan Island rumbled as the Phoenix impacted against the ground. She was ready to go as soon as she landed, on her feet. There was a ripple that knocked those without superhuman strength and endurance to the ground. As everyone tried to regroup, the rumbling’s subsided, but then started once more, not at the same level of strength though. The civilians in the area stared with the same wonder that the supers and military did as a forty story building began to be lifted up off the ground, from it’s foundation.

Everyone heard her then, not through their ears, but in their minds.

“This ends now.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Brett Foster rolled her eyes.

“No, I am not going to give you one of my smokes.” She said, done with being pleasant with this group of juvenile future regular delinquents. Brett had a bit of a record at her school, but these guys were legit pros at that kind of stuff. Nothing she did was really that bad. After all, she’d never gotten kicked out of school before. Suspension was one thing, but she’d avoided being expelled all this time. Brett was fairly positive that people in this group were borderline to being expelled. The group, Brett, and Joey were all standing on one of the giant rocks that dominated Central Park.

“Come on, Brett.” One of the guys said. He looked at her with a smile. “I’ll get you back for it.” He said. When she shook her head, he gave her a look. “What the hell’s your issue Foster?”

“My issue is that I was trying to enjoy some quiet time in the park, and you have definitely ruined that time.” She said, fixing the guy with a glare. It only got a self satisfied smile out of him and a series of elbow nudges around the group of people.

“With your boyfriend?” Another asked, with a smirk. There were a couple of whistles through the group and Brett really fought the urge to roll her eyes again. God, these kids were juvenile. It was fucking pathetic really. They couldn't at least be original with their joke and insults? Was that really asking for too much, to just be original?

Joey shook his head. “C’mon, you all know that we’re not dating.” He said.

“Yeah cause you’re a queer.”

Joey was indeed not gay at all. As a matter of fact he had actually tried to kiss her in the past, but she’d stopped him. He was a cool guy to hang around with, but nothing more than that. Was that why he’d wanted to go to Central Park tonight? Was he trying to make another pass at her? She wasn’t sure, and she wasn’t sure that she wanted to know either. A part of her just didn’t care and another part of her did not want to add it on to the list of things that was going on in her life. She had enough things to deal with, really. This did not need to become another thing on that list. With a mental shrug, she looked at the group. “Are you all done here?” She asked.

“Foster, why don’t you tell us about what happened at your apartment. They got pictures of you doing crazy shit.”

“You told me you weren’t there.” Joey said, confused. He gave her a look that told her that he was pretty hurt that she would have lied to him about that, and she gave him an apologetic shrug and was going to speak before someone else did, cutting her off.

“She probably didn’t want you to get all worried about her, queer boy.” One of the girls in the group said, a silly retarded grin on her face. It was obvious to Brett that this one was championing in her head the fact that she'd said something "cool" for the circle of jokes going around here.

“Stop calling me that.” He said, his gaze whipping around to the girl who’d spoken.

“Or what?” One of the guys asked. He reached out shoved Joey a bit, who took a couple steps backwards, almost knocking into Brett. She was about to say something, when there was a giant rumble that shook the entire park, probably all of Manhattan Island, which was really hard to do.

What the fuck was that?

She was wrapped up in her thoughts that she didn’t realize that the guy was reaching again to shove her. Brett lashed out without thinking and in that moment, changed her life forever.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Brett reached out and grabbed the guy who was moving to shove her. Turning, she yanked, pulling him towards her. She was so wrapped up in what was happening that she didn’t realize that she was using her mutant powers for the second time in her life. The two of them started to fall off the rock, but she was able to orient herself right and land properly, since time was slowed for her. Unfortunately for the other guy, he did not have the ability to do this, and when he landed, he hit face first into one of the metal trashcans that dotted the area. Thanks to the sheer drop, he hit with such force, that his face busted open. Blood started to flow. The rest of the group stared and then they started to turn towards the standing perfectly straight Foster. 

“What the hell was that, Brett?” One of them asked. “There’s no way in hell you could have done that and landed fine.” He added.

“What are you talking about?” Brett replied, failing at being innocent. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“You’re a fucking freak. You’ve got like...you’re a mutant!” Another said.

“Brett, is this true?” Joey asked.

She could see the shock on his face and she saw the fear on all of their faces. She swallowed, trying to come up with a way to get out of this whole situation that she was in. “I just found out today.” She said, quietly. “I wouldn’t have done anything if jerk face over here hadn’t been a dick. It's his fault in the first place, why the hell was he pushing people?” Brett added.

“You are a freak!” Another one of them said, ignoring what she'd said about the bully.

“No...No, I’m not....” Brett said, her eyes widening. After everything that had happened today, it was all just getting to be too much for her to deal with. “Joey, Joey tell them, I’m not.” She said, taking a couple steps backwards. She saw the look on his face and it scared her. “Why are you looking at me like that?” Brett asked.

“You lied to me. What else have you lied to me about. What if you’ve been like this for years?” He asked. “I can’t trust you, Brett. You...you are a freak!” He said and pointed at her. 

This caused her to backpedal yet again, and this time trip over herself and fall down. The group laughed at her as she backed up and rose. “Get her, get the freak.” One of them said and they started to jump off of the rock and walk towards her. 

“Get the fuck away from me, all of you.” Brett said.

She turned, and ran.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Camera crews that were brave enough to stay watched as the Phoenix stood in the crater of her impact, one foot resting on top of the unconscious form that was Tiffany Michaels, codenamed Spectacular. The footage was being broadcasted through New York City and the rest of the country. The cameras zoomed in as anger raged through the woman and she waved her hand. A powerful telekinetic wave surged through, disintegrating a tank and the soldiers that had been inside and around it. Fire shot out from her hands and started to engulf the remaining S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers, of which there weren’t many left. Frostbite jumped into the fray, trying to use her powers to try to combat what the Phoenix was doing. Unfortunately she was woefully outclassed by her foe and then she was consumed by the fire as well.

Waves of cosmic fire moved around everyone who was fighting her and slowly it started to increase in severity. She reached backwards with one of her arms and then giant pieces of rubble and debris started to rise in the sky. The pieces started to fly at blindingly fast speeds at various targets. Explosions ripped through the streets as debris connected with cars and caused their gas tanks to combust.

Nick Fury watched everything unfold in front of him. He had seen a great number of things over the years. He didn’t think himself a religious man. After all, he’d met people who had the power of gods, and people who were gods. But this, this was different. Something so different than anything that he had ever seen. The power levels of this woman were greater than any other that he’d ever dealt with. He didn’t know how he was going to figure this out. Hopefully that thing that Paul Matthews said he had would work. Turning around, he saw Matthews running towards him, as everyone else ducked with the shrapnel and debris that was flying past everyone.

Luckily, Matthews had increased reflexes and combined with his ability to stretch. Fury was treated to a sight that most mortal people would never see. Paul Matthews stretching his body in a myriad of different ways to dodge all of the rubble that was being used as shrapnel against the rest of the people there. Matthews reached Fury as a nearby car exploded, making both flinch slightly, Matthews far more than Fury. But then again, Paul Matthews hadn’t fought in the Chrell Invasion. He was a scientist, and that’s why he was here.

“I...I don’t know if we can use it.” He said.

“What’s wrong with it?” Fury asked, his good eye showing his anger and displeasure with this development. This had better not have to do with Matthews’ sense of morality and right or wrong. Fury would head that off right away.

“Nothing. But she’s a human being. You’re asking me to possibly kill her.” Matthews said.

“Matthews, people are going to die. Give me the fucking weapon. I’m not asking you to kill her. I know you don’t have the stones to do it. That’s why I’m here.” He said, grabbing the weapon from him. It looked like a stun gun. “I do the things that other people can’t do. That’s my job.”

Gun in hand, he turned, to do what he had to do.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Nick Fury had only made it a few steps when Spider-Man landed in front of him. “You can’t do this.” he said. “You can’t kill her.”

“We don’t know if this will do that. But we do know that it will stop everything that’s happening and it will save countless lives.” Fury said. “Get out of my way, kid.”

“But it could. It could kill her. I heard you and Matthews talking. You know damn well that it could kill her.” Spider-Man said. 

“Look around you. Wake up. Don’t you see the amount of damage that she’s done? She’s already killed close to four thousand people probably. You couldn’t stop her and I gave you that chance. Now I have to do what I think is best to contain this problem and stop it.” Fury said and brushed past, Spider-Man, shoulder checking him in the process.

Spider-Man stood there and looked around. The extensiveness of the destruction caused at the Phoenix’s hands was evident. From the epicenter of the whole thing, there was a circle of damage that was, at it’s peak, slightly over three whole city blocks of damage. Fury’s number of four thousand was probably a conservative one. The more logical number would probably have been closer to ten thousand. Ten thousand people just killed. Millions of dollars in property damage. But he knew, at the end of the day, that she could be helped and she could be saved. He turned and saw more of the destruction and he knew that Fury was going to do whatever he could to take Michelle down. He had to do something to stop him.

Jumping through the air, Spider-Man watched as the soldiers that were left and the supers continued to fight against the Phoenix. It was sad that it had come to this. Truly sad. He landed in front of Fury and put his hand up. When it was obvious that Fury wasn’t going to stop, he moved forward, reaching for the gun in the other man’s hands. Fury pulled his arm back and tried to duck to the side, but Spider-Man moved a bit faster. Fury made a motion, that was barely seen and said something under his breath. Before Julius knew what was happening, S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers were holding him down, along with Frostbite from S.H.I.E.L.D. One. Then Paul Matthews came running and entangled himself around Spider-Man.

“Why are you helping him?” Spider-Man asked Fantastic as he struggled against everyone who was holding him back.

“Because it’s the only solution.” Fantastic said.

Fury turned and looked at Spider-Man. “I have to make the decisions that make me a bad guy. You want to think of me like that, fine. I do what I need to do to make sure that the world is safe. One life is nothing compared to the rest of the ones on this planet, even mine. You would do well to learn that.” He said. Turning back, he started towards Michelle. The Phoenix realized that he was coming towards her and ceased fighting the rest of her foes. She walked towards Fury, her telekinetic shield up and holding against the onslaught against her.

“I should wipe you off the face of the earth.” She said to him.

“Sorry about this darling.” Fury said in response. He lifted the gun, but before he pulled the trigger, he watched as she screamed out in pain, clutching her head.

She fell to her knees. When she rose, it was obvious that it was no longer the Phoenix. The look on the face was one of fear, of pain, and of sorrow. “Nick. Pull the trigger.” Michelle said, tears streaming down her face. “I can’t control her, pull the trigger. Julius will understand. One day, he’ll understand. Do it.” She said. “I can’t hold her off for much longer.”

So he pulled the trigger.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

The beam of energy that shot through Michelle’s body was red. It lifted her up off the ground and she hung in the air for a moment before descending down to the ground. She collapsed onto the ground and it was then that Spider-Man broke free from the group that was holding him down and ran, jumping into the air. Somersaulting over a large portion of the distance, he landed in front of Fury and stared at Michelle, who lay on the ground. She was breathing, but her eyes were closed. He turned and looked at Fury. “You got lucky.” He said. “That’s all. This could have ended so differently.” Spider-Man added.

“I have to take my chances, kid.” Fury said, taking a step towards the fallen woman. They were standing there, and then Spider-Man crouched, to check Michelle’s vitals. She was still alive and everything was alright. Well, at least, he hoped that everything was alright. She would need to be looked at by doctors in order to make sure that she was still healthy and still okay. That was all he wanted, for her to be okay.

Spider-Man was about to reach out pick her up, when her body started to convulse. Her eyes shot open and they were wide, staring off into space. “What the hell is going on?” He asked. “Fury, you better not have-”

They were tossed backwards a few feet and they landed on the ground. Both men scrambled up to their feet to see Michelle’s body go completely limp, and her eyes stare off into the distance. Spider-Man ran forward and checked her vitals. This time, they was nothing there. She was dead. “She’s dead.” He said, and turned and looked at Fury. “You killed her, you bastard, I’m going to-”

“I did what was necessary.” Fury said, as the people who had been holding Spider-Man back reached them. He turned and looked at Matthews. “Didn’t turn out the way we were hoping for it to.” He said.

“What happened?” Emma Stevens asked and then she looked at her fiance. “What did you do?” She asked.

“Your fiance helped Fury kill my...He helped kill her.” Spider-Man managed and Emma’s eyes went wide. She turned and looked at Paul.

“I can’t believe that you gave him the scrambler.” She said, anger in her eyes. Matthews for his part, stayed silent. His eyes were fixed on the body of the woman in front of them. But then his eyes were fixed on Spider-Man’s right fist which connected with Fury’s jaw. He was about to punch the other man again when there was a glow from Michelle’s body.

They all turned and looked, watching as her body glowed bright red, then bright green, and finally a brilliant, pearly white. As the glow subsided, they all witnessed the same thing.

The body was gone.