Order of the Magi: The Last Druid

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Order of the Magi: The Last Druid

Post by Halcyon508 »

Le Morte d'Arthur

The Battle of Camlann
537AD

The King sat upon his noble charger surrounded by his knights. The army of Camelot was preparing now to meet the Armies of Mordred upon the field. The number of knights and soldiers in Camelot had been greatly reduced. Lancelot was gone, having betrayed the King with his wife and retreating to his keep. There he sallied forth and rescued the Queen Guinevere from being burned alive. The lady had retired to an abbey and been forgiven and Lancelot simply vanished. Mordreds treachery in revealing and finding evidence thus damning the Queen had not gone unnoticed by the nights.

Sir Gawain, Mordreds half-brother, had condemned the traitor’s actions. His brothers Gareth and Gaheris killed by Lancelot in his rescue of Guinevere created an inconsolable grief for the man which could only be avenged with the blood of Lancelot. At his urging the King had left to prosecute the war against Lancelot. Mordred usurped the Kings throne in his absence and wounded Gawain mortally in battle. Before dying, Gawain sent a letter apologizing to Lancelot and telling Arthur of the troubles at home.

Sir Galahad, bravest and purest of all mankind, had succeeded in his quest to find the holy grail, an artifact of immense power that only the purest of souls could find. He was immediately taken from this world upon its discover, whisked in to heaven says the knights who were present.

All told, with the exception of those knights who had been taken from this world and those fighting on the side of his bastard side, all the knights had come. To serve their lord and fight for justice. Arthur, High King of the Bretons and Lord of Camelot, surveyed the scene flanked by his knights.

“If war will help the conquered race to live a better life, they should be conquered.” Sir Kay said gruffly adjusting his handhold on his lance. He was the Kings foster brother and loved him dearly riding through the night so that he could support his lord.

“You fool!” called a voice. A specter of a man appeared. It was Myrddin locked in a cave by sorcery and only able to council the king in an astral form. “There will be an Austrian who will believe that and he shall plunge the civilized world into misery and chaos.”

“So then what is your council old friend?” Arthur asked.

“I council peace.” The wizen old man replied.

“Very well.” Arthur said. Flanked by Sir Bedivere, his brother Sir Lucan, Sir Kay, and twenty knights the King rode to meet his adversary for a parlay.

Mordred strode on his horse “Father.” He said greeting the king. “I have come asking for what is mine. My inheritance if you will.”

At this Sir Kay almost drew his sword if not for Arthur staying his hand. “You call me father, naming me with such contempt.” The King began, “And yet you demand inheritance.”

“I only demand what any son would want from his father!”

In earnest the discussion continued the two men’s temper was only kept in check through council of their brother knights. Rapidly they were approaching an end to debate with a consensus to divide the kingdom.

The enchantment called the wind and carried the sound to the woman sitting on the hill. She heard the offer of peace and frowned a bit. Her long laid plans were finally coming to fruition as her nephew squared off against her brother the traitor. Morgana didn’t care about such squabbles beyond what it means for her. She frowned as the wind drove the conversation to her. Peace? She had an urge to break something as the two agreed to split the kingdom in half. What lunacy was this? Hearing the call of a nearby creature she hissed softly. The serpent nodded and affirmation of her orders and slithered into the long grass. There would be no peace today.

The snake slivered through the grass as it was commanded. It had only a single thought in its tiny mind as it gradually made its way towards its target. One of the knights, it mattered not which one, was to soon be the victim of the machinations of Morgan Le Fay. The snake lifted his head to strike the heel of the knight. A knight opposing him saw the adder about to strike and lifted his sword striking it down. As he did so the victim drew his sword believing himself attacked and struck down the knight. Morgan smiled as the battle began.

The battle raged on until finally the king met his knight, the father met his son. Arthur squared off against Mordred as the man fell one of his knights with a cleaving blow. Mordred saw his fathers and spat blood from his mouth. “You are a liar and a breaker of oaths! You are the worse tyrant imaginable!” Mordred yelled as he lifted his sword aloft.

“Me?” Arthur retorted. “I gave you every chance and opportunity! I treated you the same as all my knights!”

“Exactly. You treated me like all men! Only I’m not another knight I am your son!” Mordred lunged at Arthur…. Morgana smiled as she watched. Both her brother and nephew were mortally wounded…
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani
DX Army Cadet

Re: Order of the Magi: The Last Druid

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

'The Lair', New York, New York(You'd think they'd change that...), USA

Dani 'Phantom' Fenton, wearing a pair of Pajama plants embolnized with Chibi-Halo Spartans and a White tank-top, was sitting cross-legged on the Couch watching 300. the Clock on the DVD player blinked 3:00 AM repeatitivly, reminding our young vigilante of the absurdity of the time. Dani has had nightmares sense she became what she was, and she'd always find herself awakening at odd hours, but today was the worst. “THIS.IS.SPARTA!!!” boomed from the Flat-screen TV, as Leonidas booted the Persian Messanger into the pit of death, bringing a smile to Dani's face. Dani continued watching the Stylized movie, smiling as it brought memories of watching the same movie with her own parents, and her Tight-Assed Sister.

The vigilante got up, feeling a familiar rumbling in her tummy, and padded over to the kitchen. Dani opened the fridge and pulled out a ziplock bag that had several left-over beef and bean Burritos, and put them on a plate before sliding them into the microwave for a little over a minute. Phantom used to the time that the Burrito’s were reheating for to grab a Can of Diet Dr. Pepper out of the Fridge.
When the microwave pinged done, Dani popped the plate of burritos out and took it and her soda back to the couch, and sat down to her meagre feast.

“Burritos and soda, truly the breakfast of champions.” Virgil said, walking by from the door to the Master Bedroom right beside the Couch. “Early Morning again?”

When Virgil sat beside Dani, and snatched one of her burritos, the young vigilante shot him a faux-glare. “Oh, don't act like that.” Virgil said, smiling as he pointed to the TV “you might miss some Grade-A Spartan Abs.” Phantom chuckled at her Boyfriend, and shook her head, before taking a bite out of her remaining burrito. “Your all the man I need.” Dani said, in a Husky voice “would you like me to prove it?” “No thanks, I wouldn't be confident with Leonidas and the Persians watching.” Virgil Quiped, gaining a laugh from his Girlfriend/Lover “and besides, you may be vital right now, but some of us sleep for regular amounts of time.”