Thunderbolts Vol 1: 36 Chambers

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Thunderbolts Vol 1: 36 Chambers

Post by Mir »

Thunderbolts Vol 1. No. 1: 36 Chambers

National Security Building, Washington, D.C.

Sarah Gray walked into the National Security Building in Washington, D.C. Today was the day that she was joining the Thunderbolts. She had recently left the Avengers and one might have said that she was trading down in joining the Thunderbolts. After all, the Avengers dealt with huge missions and stopped world threatening problems. But that was just it. Sarah wanted to help a smaller group of people, to make sure that the little problems were taken care of. She dind't care about the spotlight in so much as she cared about helping people. To that end, the Thunderbolts were the way to go for her. She had already spoken to the Director of Vanguard a few days ago and had accepted his offer to join the team. Apparently Vanguard was in the process of revamping the team and had made a few changes to it here and there. Sarah wasn't sure what her position would be within the team.

She doubted that she would be made the leader or anything like that. As far as Vanguard knew she was untried despite whatever she had done with the Avengers. Furthermore, she didn't know or understand how Vanguard operated and what its rules and regulations were, so it wouldn't make sense to put her in a leadership position.

Her walk took her to one of the elevators after she got through the lobby and the security check. She was headed down to where the Thunderbolts were headquartered. Here, they practiced and trained, and had their meetings. They received briefings and were sent out into the field, all from one of the many sub levels of the National Security Building. She was eager to see what the rest of the team looked like. She didn't know anything about what team they had put together, nothing. Sarah hadn't been given any names or any callsigns or codenames. She was literally in the dark about everything and while a part of it made her a little nervous, another part made it that much more exciting.

The doors to the elevator opened up and she stepped into the Thunderbolt's level. It was decked out in traditional Vanguard furnishings, but with a little bit more of a flair for the technological. Sarah walked forward and started to look around. There weren't too many people there, but from what she understood, this meeting was just for members of the team so that they could get to know each other and do a bit of a meet and greet. She turned a corner and was in the locker rooms. She saw names on some of the lockers. Kayla Grey, Jacob Lucas, Samantha Walker, and Talon Strega. There were two more empty slots and she knew that one of those was for her. She would have continued walking when she heard footsteps behind her. She turned to see a blond woman coming towards her.

The woman was slightly taller than Sarah was. She was running a hand through her hair and it was obvious that she had just finished some kind of work out. She was in training clothes and carried a towel and a bottle of water. She slowed as she saw Sarah. Sarah put a smile on her face and extended her hand towards the woman.

"Sarah Gray, American Dream." She said.

"Kayla Grey, Black Canary. I've heard a bit about you." Kayla replied. "You're right on time, I think." She added, looking down at the sports watch that she had on.

"I'd hate to make a bad impression on my first day." Sarah replied.

"That'd be a shame, wouldn't it. Come on, I'll introduce you to the rest of the team." Kayla said. She turned and started walking, leaving Sarah little room for argument. There wasn't much argument anyway, since meeting the rest of the team was what Sarah was here for in the first place. "So, you any good at sparring?" Kayla asked as she walked through the hallways.

"I'm pretty good, at least I'd like to think so. Why?"

"Jacob isn't the greatest, it's not his specialty. Talon's alright at it, he puts up a fight."

"And Samantha?"

"Walker's too busy with looking pretty."

"Ah."

They rounded a corner and there was the rest of the team, sans the final person. Introductions were made. She found out that Jacob Lucas was actually Havok, and that Talon Strega also went by the name of Caliber. Samantha Walker she had heard of already. Walker was Marvel Queen. Sarah was confident enough in her body to know that she enticed men, and that she was a fairly good looking woman. But she would have killed for Samantha Walker's body. And the chutzpah to wear the outfit that Walker did. She stood a little away from everyone else, a little awkward at first about everything.

She wondered where the last member of their team was. Natalie Connor, she thought the woman's name was.
Dark Lord of the Grill

Re: Thunderbolts Vol 1: 36 Chambers

Post by Cazzik »

Talon Strega was a good looking man with a hardened look about him. Came with the territory when you had seen as much combat as he had. He had gone by many different code names, most recently he was called Caliber. Up until only a few short months ago he had always been a solo operative. However, Jackson Cole, the Director of Vanguard at the time until his death a couple of weeks ago, had decided he would be a perfect fit for the Thunderbolts. When the job passed to former Avenger Brian Grace, who had also gone by Patriot, he decided to keep Strega on the team. Needless to say, Strega knew what it was like to be the new guy. He approached Sarah and smiled at her. She was very attractive and he knew that if she had been selected to be part of the Thunderbolts than she was more than just a pretty face. "Hello there. My name is Talon. Recent addition to the team as well. You are......?"
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Sarah looked at Talon and smiled. "Sarah Gray." She said, extending her hand and taking his in her grasp for a handshake. She didn't know too much about Strega. She hadn't been given too much information on the rest of the team at all. She only knew of Samantha Walker from the other woman's time as a liaison to Stark Enterprises. Besides, all of that had been mainly from headlines. Strega nodded slowly. "Your specialty?" He asked, and she remembered him asking that a few moments before. She blushed for a moment, knowing that she wasn't making the greatest of first impressions already. "I have the Super Soldier Serum present in me." She said. "I'm not sure what you mean by specialty, but I'm pretty well rounded when it comes to combat situations and things like that." Sarah added. She turned as she heard a noise.

Samantha Walker had just snorted and rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry?" Sarah asked, her eyes narrowing slightly.

"We've already got Strega here for that. Heck, we've got Kayla here if you want to push it. She pulls off the tomboy don't touch me thing very well, if you ask me." Walker said with a small smile.

Sarah wasn't sure if Samantha was making fun of her or not. She wasn't sure what to make of the woman and she didn't want to start making enemies on the team the first day that she was a part of it. She thHer decision on the subject was put on hold though. A dark brown haired woman stepped into the room. She was wearing a black lacy button down shirt, with a black tank top underneath. She also wore dark blue jeans with a pair of black boots on. The woman blinked brown eyes and quickly ran her tongue over her properly and perfectly lip glossed lips in a gesture that Samantha easily picked up on as being a sign of nervousness. "I'm not sure if I'm in the right place." The woman said. "I'm Natalie Connors." She said.

"The She-Hulk?" Jacob Lucas asked. It was one of the first things that he had said, Sarah noted, since she had walked into the room.

"Yes, that's me." Natalie said with a small smile.

"How come you're not…you know…green?" Talon asked, raising an eyebrow. He, like Jacob, gave her figure an approving look before settling back on her eyes, though his survey was just a little bit faster than Jacob's.

"It's complicated and a very long story." She said. "And no, I don't know if someone has turned into the Hulk, or anything like that. So, this is the team?" Natalie said, looking around at all the people in the room. She still had the smile on her face, but it was obvious that she was a little nervous. Jacob wasn't too sure why she was that nervous. She was more nervous than Sarah was.

"We're the Thunderbolts." Kayla said. "Well, you are too, but you know what I mean." She added after a split second.

Natalie smiled. "I thought the old Thunderbolts had to do with rehabilitating criminals who were supers as well." She said. "I just…I know for a fact that some of you don't have criminal backgrounds. I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure what's the idea behind the team."

"We're trying to move away from the idea of criminals being a part of the Thunderbolts team." Talon said. "At least, that's been the idea since the team was put under the auspices of Vanguard." He added, with a shrug.

"I guess we should go around the room and really introduce ourselves then." Samantha said. She smiled. "Canary, you're up first, as our fearless leader."
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Kayla looked around the room at the new roster of Thunderbolts. Most of them she barely knew, which she always found strange. This group of people were going to be watching her back in the field. They would be her teammates, and maybe her friends eventually. But as of right now they were strangers. She let her memory drift back to her days as part of the U.N. strike force called the Invaders. She had felt the same way when she first joined them. Of course at that time she had been called Songbird and she hadn't been the leader of that particular team.

She sighed slightly. Her days as an Invader were remembered as a bitter sweet time for her. They had all been so close, like a family. Especially her and Ben. They had meant the world to each other. Well, at least thats what she had thought. He had eventually left the Invaders. Left them.......and her. She stayed with the team until they were disbanded by the United Nations. They were deemed no longer necessary now that S.H.I.E.L.D. was rebuilding itself to its former glory. She had operated as a solo agent until Jackson Cole, the previous Director of Vanguard, had recruited her to lead the team. It was shortly after that that Cole was murdered and was replaced by Brian Grace, otherwise known as the Avenger, Patriot. Kayla was privy to most of the classified files in Vanguard and reading up on her new teammate American Dream she had discovered that Sarah Gray was not only the cousin of the new Director but she was also responsible for giving him his Super Soldier abilities. Kayla wasn't sure if Sarah wanted everyone to know she was related to Grace so she decided to keep her mouth shut about that particular piece of information.

The only two members she knew enough to call friends were Samantha and Talon. Talon was a moral man and well versed in combat. He was quiet and strong for the most part and she valued having him on the team. In many ways Talon reminded her of Ben. She hadn't decided if that was a good thing or not. Samantha, on the other hand, was one of a kind. She was gorgeous and she knew it. And despite all of their differences Kayla genuinely enjoyed the other woman's company. She nodded at Walker and turned to the rest of the Thunderbolts.
"My real name is Kayla Grey. In the field I'll be known as Black Canary. I've served my country one other team before this and as a solo operative for many years. I'm honored to call myself a Thunderbolt and I'm confident in Commander Grace's decision to bring all of you aboard. Vanguard is your home now, as it is mine. I believe we will make our country proud."
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Jacob smiled, knowing already from the short span of time that he had been around them, that a comment from Samantha was about to surface. "And that lovely, stirring speech was brought to you by the United States government. Thanks for paying your taxes." She said, with a smile on her face.

"I'm just wondering, do you ever not have something smart to say?" Sarah asked, her eyes narrowing slightly.

"Why no, darling. Otherwise, I wouldn't be very smart."

Jacob held his hands up as Sarah rolled her eyes. "Hey now, let's not get all Yoko Ono the first time we meet." He said.

Natalie smiled at the Beatles reference. She leaned against the wall and considered. So far, her impression of the people in the room were that they were a close knit family, albeit one that was as dysfunctional as any family. it was good, she could fit in with these people and join them, and maybe one day become one of them. A real family, that was something that she was looking for. Yearning for. Something that she wanted desperately. It was something that she had never really had, and something that always seemed like something she never would. Jacob caught the wistful look that was in her eyes, and wondered what it was all about. She was the person that they knew the least about. No one had told them much about her, and he was a little worried about just who exactly she was. But if that was what the director wanted, he guess that he would go along with it.

"I'll go next." He said, his British accent coming out strong. "My name is Jacob Lucas, and as you can already tell, I'm from England." He said, and saw Natalie focus directly on him. "This is really my first time being on an actual team, I did a few missions for Vanguard before this though, so I'm a bit used to the chain of command."

"You can do what Alex Summers could do right?" Sarah asked.

He nodded and proceeded to create a concentric circle of plasma, this one aimed towards the ceiling. It was relatively harmless and actually burned out before it reached the ceiling, doing no damage to it. "I'm still in the process of fully learning how exactly to control and utilize my powers. It's a growing process." He said.

"But, you're not like...gonna randomly explode are you?" Natalie asked with a small smile.

"I'll try my best." Jacob said, with a genuine smile before turning to Talon.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Your parole has been denied."

"I told you that was going to happen back when you wanted to push it through." The man on the other end of the reinforced glass said. "Honestly, everything that's happened since this whole sham of a trial started, I told you it was going to happen, so I don't know why you're surprised."

The woman on the other side nodded slowly. That much was true, if one stopped to think about everything that had happened since he had been arrested and put on trial. She was a lawyer, somewhat fresh out of law school. She worked for the government, working as a state appointed lawyer. The money wasn't the greatest, but she was trying to do some good in the world. She wasn't an idealist, nor was she someone who was after fame. She remembered how her parents had termed her. Average. She didn't mind that. She wanted to fly under the radar, and help some people, along the way, who were unjustly accused or imprisoned by the government. It did happen despite what some people wanted to believe. When she had been transferred to the supers division, she hadn't been too thrilled. That was one way not to fly under the radar.

The man in front of her was a prime example of that. His name was [[Insert Name Here]], but most people called him Chamber. He had the same powers as the Jonothan Starsmore had had, when he had been Chamber, but besides that, that was where the comparisons ended. This Chamber was wanted by multiple governments and multiple state governments for murders and a litany of other criminal acts. Once he served his time here in the United States, he was going to be extradited to another country and the whole process was going to start all over again, just over there. She thought that it was Germany, but she couldn't remember off the top of her head. That time, though, he would go through all of the proceedings without her as a lawyer. Thankfully.

"What did you say your name was?" He asked.

She sighed. They went through this every time.

"Melissa Walters."

"No relation to Jennifer Walters, huh?"

"Not since the last time you asked me, a week ago." She replied.

He laughed at her response. She wasn't sure if he asked her now just to annoy her, just to try to get under her skin. It worked, she just tried her best never to let him know that. The way that he could stare into her eyes, and make it feel as though he was burning into her soul. She couldn't understand it. She didn't even want to try to understand it. She just wanted to get out of the prison and be as far away from him as possible. Every time she had to come here and talk to him and work with him, she absolutely hated it. "Is that all? She asked, trying to wrap things up.

"I suppose so."

She nodded and rose, smoothing out her dress suit. "Try to stay out of trouble." She said. "It doesn't help your case."

"Nothing is going to help my case."

"You know, negative thinking isn't going to help." She replied, almost by habit. She did a minor cringe right after she said it, knowing that somehow he was going to use it against her.

"Alright, Mom."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The man known as Prisoner 828 was back on the "yard". The yard was just one of the many interesting pieces of technology that made up Blackwell Prison. It allowed various super power people who had been deemed as dangerous to society to peacefully coexist. Of course there were still fights, but the most important thing was that they were safe and sound in the prison, not where the general populace could see them. The yard had specialized protective technology installed that allowed the officers in charge the ability to crack down and stop any fights from getting too rowdy, or to stop any of the supers from killing themselves or each other. Considering one of the prime requisites was some kind of durability or strength, it made a lot of the fights turn into useless slugging matches that provided an endless source of amusement and gambling for the guards.

Chamber didn't participate in many of the fights, but he did specialize in one thing. Inciting full on riots. He liked to think of it as one of his unique attributes. It had been a month since the last time he had started a riot. It had taken some members of one of Vanguard's teams, the Ultimates to put the riot down. It had been too much for the guards. Furthermore, some of the members of the Thunderbolts had been there as well, though the team had been going through restructuring at the time. He had tried to help out in the restructuring, having broken one of the Thunderbolts' jaw and another's arm.

He had finally gone down when one of the persons who was now a Thunderbolts, a man who went by the name Havok and he had met in a one on one kind of fight. Chamber grimaced as he thought about the fight and what he would do to Havok if ever there was a rematch. He hoped there was a rematch. That one had been able to do some interesting things, to say the least. Also, there had been a really good looking woman there. Despite the prevalence of super villains who were female being incredibly attractive, Chamber didn't see too many of them in the men's dorm of the prison. This blond had been something else, especially in that tight, white, revealing outfit. Had almost been too pretty to try to mess up.

Almost.

After that, he had decided to tone down his riots and his civil disobedience a bit. It was time though to ramp them up a bit. He had been planning this for a while. He had known that his parole was going to be denied. He had been locked up for a while now, and he hadn't been able to get parole every time it had been applied for. At this point, he didn't know why his lawyer bothered. Of course, it wasn't like he helped her with good behavior. He was well behaved normally, but he did have his vices, what with the riots and the fights that he instigated. Still she tried.

He had been working on how he was going to break out of the prison for a while now. All that he needed to do was put a few key elements into place. He had someone on the outside who was helping him, and this benefactor had already gotten him some of the equipment needed in order to make the escape a possibility. Everything around him could be used.
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Talon nodded back to his teammate. "The name is Talon Strega. Field name is Caliber. I can spontaneously regenerate from just about any injury. I have served on pretty much every major military special ops team and I have been working for Vanguard for a very long time."

He holstered his pistol at his side and looked back up. "The only important thing I really have to say is I got your back as long as you've got mine."

OOC: Sorry, Mir. I know its short. I just wanted to get something up.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Natalie smiled and nodded at what Talon had said. She had a feeling that she and Strega would be able to get along. He didn't seem to have time for nonsense, much like Kayla. That was good. Samantha on the other hand, well she had a feeling that she would have to learn to deal with her. Sarah was interesting, she had a feeling that she and Sarah would be able to be friends. Jacob. Jacob was something else. He was very attractive, to say the least and she found his accent fascinating. She'd heard British accents before, but his was different somehow. Speaking of Jacob, she looked around the room and then at Jacob "Who's up next? She asked.

"I think you are, oh Green one." He replied with a small smile.

"Oh." She said, clearly put off by this. Jacob got the distinct feeling that this was territory that she didn't want to converse about and he didn't have a problem with that. People's lives should be private. If she wanted to share about herself, she would, but in her own way. He just knew that Samantha could be a bit pushy when she didn't get what she wanted. Probably explained why Alex Burke was constantly just giving in to her. His attention was brought back to Natalie when she spoke. "My story isn't too complicated and it doesn't have that much of a back story. It just is." She said. "I got my powers, and I was a criminal for a while, but Vanguard offered me a second chance through the Thunderbolts. So I decided to take it and see what happens." She said.

"How did you get your powers?" Sarah asked.

"I…I just did." Natalie replied.

"What do you mean?" Samantha asked before anyone else could speak. "Nobody just 'gets' their powers, unless you're a mutant and born with them. In that case, you could have just said that. So what's the deal?" She asked, gesturing with one of her hands in a questioning manner.

For the first time since meeting the woman, Sarah was in accord with Marvel Queen. She turned and regarded Natalie with a look of mild suspicion. Maybe the story of how she got her powers was really embarrassing or something like that, but either way, it couldn't be that bad. Besides, she had just said that she had been a criminal, so if she was trying to turn over a new leaf, it would make sense for her to be forthcoming with the rest of the team and tell them what was going on.

"It's a long story and I'm pretty sure that we don't really have the time to go over it right now." Natalie said.

Jacob could see that she was getting uncomfortable with this line of questioning, so he took a step forward and put an arm around her. "Doesn't matter how she got her powers. She got them, and she's one of us now, so we're all going to work together." He said.

"I'm sorry, your past is your past." Sarah said.

"Thanks." Natalie replied.

OOC: More coming Soon.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Orton knew that on the yard, people separated into various groups. There were what one would consider the normal splits, blacks with blacks, asians with asians, and so on and so forth. Then there were more splits. Mutants stuck with mutants, supers stuck with supers, and the people without powers who had used suits, well they got back down on their hands and knees and started sucking to keep themselves alive. Either way, everything was segregated and the groups didn't like having much to do with one another. Which meant, that it was easy for someone to start shit with one group without having to really make another group be the ones responsible. Just point in one direction, charge it up, and see what happens. Though, the sheer amount of ego in the place that amazed Orton. He was standing on the yard, leaning against one of the fences. The cigarette that he was smoking was in his hand, smoldering at the halfway point. He was in the middle of a discussion with a Russian mutant, and the man's accent had reached the point where it was annoying.

"Can you get what I asked for, or not?"

"I believe so, yeah." Orton replied. "I have a supplier and it's all just a matter of logistics." He said. "As long as you deliver on your end." He added.

"I hope I don't get hurt to the point where I can't enjoy the fruits of my labor."

"What's superhuman durability for then, right?" Orton replied.

The other man laughed and walked away. Orton finished his smoke and was about to move on to the next step of his plan, when he saw one of the doors open up and one of the guards come onto the yard. Orton frowned for a moment, thinking about what this could be. The guards didn't usually come out onto the yard during this time of day, unless there was a fight or something going on that wasn't supposed to be happening. He thought for a moment about everything he'd seen since breakfast and couldn't think of anything that would require the guards. He waited a few moments, until he realized that the guard was walking towards him. Well, this was interesting.

Chamber hadn't done anything in a while that would cause a guard to be coming to him to punish him, which meant that either the warden wanted to see him, or there was someone here to visit him, someone who was able to get around the normal visitation hours. Also, quite possibly, the visitation requirements. He waited until the guard came to him. "What's going on?" He asked.

"Conjugal visit, let's go."

Orton mentally paused, thinking to himself. Today was not a conjugal visit day. It was too early in the week. He narrowed his eyes. "You sure?" He asked.

"You don't want to get laid?"

"Too tired from fucking your mother last night."

"Very funny, let's go." The guard said, waving the baton that he had.

The weapon had been developed by Vanguard scientists and was rather affective against people with powers. Orton had been on the receiving end of it more than once. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he knew that he was going to get to the bottom of it. The man nonchalantly shrugged and started to walk, with the guard following him. He could tell that there were more than a couple pairs of eyes watching him as he made his way back towards the different sets of doors. It didn't take them long to get to the conjugal visits area. When he stepped into the room, he knew that something was wrong, almost immediately. This woman, whoever she was, couldn't be from his supplier, the one who was helping him with his plans. That person knew that he liked brunettes and brunettes only. And they had to have brown eyes as well.

This woman was a blond with green eyes.

"Who are you?" He asked. He didn't even bother to take in the rest of her, just her hair and her eyes. If he had he would have seen that she was a decently attractive woman by most standards. But none of that mattered. She wasn't anything like what he liked in a woman. His eyes narrowed. "I asked you a question." He said.

"I know." The woman said. "Our mutual friend sent me to ask you to hurry on creating that disturbance that you were planning. He has something that he needs to implement and he wants to make sure that as many big name heroes are tied up by it."

"Oh?" Orton asked.

"Yes." She said. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a folded envelope which she handed to him. "He said to give you this. I don't know what it is." She said.

Orton took the envelope and opened it. He pulled out the photograph that was inside. Written on it were three words. "Use your imagination." He crumpled the photograph and then looked at the woman. "Come here."