Along Came a Spider (Spider-Man Prequel)

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Along Came a Spider (Spider-Man Prequel)

Post by Halcyon508 »

The Past

Julius was sitting on the edge of the building eating a hot dog he bought from a vendor. He had his mask held up over his mouth allowing him to eat while staying in costume. Below the streets were calm in the night. The boy watched the breath from his mouth steam in the cold New York air. He bit down on the hot dog and finished it. Picking up a napkin he washed off his hands. He shot webbing from his web shooters to the trash forming a webbed up ball which he then deposited into a trashcan. “Nothing but net!” he said smiling.

Spider-Man pulled down his mask and hurled himself into the air. His webbing attached to a building and he swung over the cityscape. Crime, that’s what he was looking for, criminals! A bank robbery, a jewel theif, a candy store robber, “Help!” he heard a womans voice yell. “Someone help!” a purse snatcher…

Julius looked down and saw the man grabbing at tearing at a young girls purse and jumped down off the roof. He approached and swung knocking the man over with both his feet sending him flying to the ground, the woman’s purse bouncing several times before Spider-Man picked it up. The woman ran forward and wrapped her arms around him. She lifted up his mask and kissed Spider-Man passionately on the lips. “Hey Spider-Stud.” She said.

“Wow.” Spider-Man replied. “I just hit the Jackpot…”

Modern Times

“You just made that all up didn’t you?” The reporter said.

“No I swear to god! I made out with Spider-Man! And then later he took me back to the roofs and made this web hammock…”

“And what time was this?” The reporter asked sternly.

“It was exactly the stroke of midnight.” She replied. “A full moon, very romantic.”

“Ma’am.” The reporter said, “I’m writing a serious book on the exploits of Spider-Man. Not a fictional tale.”

“It’s true!” the woman insisted.

“The police report indicated you were helped out by spider-Man at eleven twenty-five or there about.” The reporter said opening and reading a file.

“Yeah and then he took me up to the roof and we were each other’s firsts.”

“At exactly midnight?” The reporter asked.

“Yes at exactly midnight!”

“That’s funny because at eleven fort that very night Spider-Man was stopping a man from robbing a bank. Followed by him catching another mugger nearly ten minutes later.”

“Well that has to be wrong!” the woman said in protest her lies being exposed to the world.

The reporter stood up, “I am not here to make you famous for being the girl who popped Spider-Mans cherry. Your name will be removed from the books pages.” He threw some money on the table of the diner for the bill and walked out. Another damned dead end, he needed to go someone else. Somewhere official.
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: Along Came a Spider (Spider-Man Prequel)

Post by Mir »

The Past

"Smith."

Dominic Smith turned at the calling of the last name. The last name Smith itself was incredibly common and in wide usage in the Western world, but he knew when people were talking to him in particular. It was just a sixth sense of his, he guessed. Mainly because only a certain group of people called him by his last name regardless of where he was. Only the people that he worked with. He was a ranking member of SHIELD and, if truth be told, on his way to the top. Not necessarily the top, he doubted that he was that good, but the top nonetheless. "What is it?" He asked, smoothing the jacket that he wore as he headed out of his office. Another agent was hurrying up the steps towards Smith's area, and it was clear that he had something important to tell him. At least, something that he felt was important and that Dominic needed to hear.

"We've got a lead on the Tech Runner."

Dom nodded. Leads on the Tech Runner came in all the time, they were nothing to really be that excited about. Almost all the leads that they got on the Tech Runner were usually always dead ends and those few that weren't never really turned up to be much of anything. Just another clue, just another part of the trail that didn't get them anywhere. "Anything else?" He asked, looking away back towards his office. He had work to do, and he was meeting his wife for lunch, something that he didn't want to be late for. He was going to head out soon for that lunch meeting in a little while. He had been working on the Tech Runner case for a while, but he hadn't gotten anywhere. No one had. He wasn't sure why he had been given the case, knowing this, but he made it his business to do his best everyday, so he had to pay attention to every lead, no matter what it was.

"Uncle Joe?

His head swiveled back up to the man who had brought him the news. "What about Joe?"

"Rumor has it that he's the reason why Tech Runner is making this new deal. They're trading some high end piece of technology, no word on what it is though. "

"Alright, give me the information and I'll see what we can do." Smith said. He accepted the piece of paper from the agent and tucked it into his pocket. He had to go meet with his wife for lunch and that was something that he couldn't afford to be late too. Doubt filled his mind about the validity of the information that he had been given. It was too good to be true, and furthermore, it was filled with too much certainty. Rumors were never like that, otherwise they were fact, and weren't rumors. So what was going on here? He'd find out, sooner or later.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Lunch with his wife had been good. Hours had past since then, though and Dominic was by himself now, walking towards what was supposed to be the meeting place of Joe Rapa and the Tech Runner. It was a warehouse. He was fully convinced that nothing was really going to go down and that he was, yet again, on a goose chase. This was the reason why he hadn't brought any back up with him or had the cavalry around the corner. He had gotten to a vantage point on another building and he was able to see in clearly and had a decent angle on everything. Time passed as he waited. He considered everything that was going on in his life. He and his wife was happily married. Well she didn't fully approve or like the fact that he was an Agent of SHIELD. She knew that his job was dangerous and that it came with a lot of potentially risky territory. But she was willing to deal with it.

And he loved her for it. He wasn't sure what he would have done had she not been okay with it. His daughter was okay with it too, for the most part. He was able to be around a lot and be in her life, something that he was grateful for. Jennifer took everything in stride. He sighed. She was eleven and he knew that sooner or later, he was going to start having to stop the boys from coming around. But he was prepared for that. Especially since it would be Hannah who would be having the talk with her, for the most part, about the birds and the bees. Damned if he was going to be doing that, at least with a girl. His daughter was a tomboy and she related to him well, but that didn't mean that he was willing to have that kind of discussion with her.

Smith's thoughts were interrupted when he saw a man approach the warehouse. His eyes narrowed. Tech Runner? Who else could it be? He decided that he was going to watch for a little while longer before making any judgments.

Five minutes later, he was convinced that it was indeed the Tech Runner. He smiled. If their leads were beginning to look like this, then they'd be able to catch the man and bring him to justice. He was going to call in back up, when he saw two men cross the street and head over to the warehouse. He had SHIELD issue high powered binoculars with him and using them he was able to see that one of the two was definitely Uncle Joe.

He watched as they entered the building and his attention shifted to them, meaning that he didn't see the young boy who followed them. Smith listened in on the conversation, as best as he could.

“It’s a Gene Displacement Device.” the man in the trench coat hissed. “It can reverse mutations, and disable supers.”

“What’s the danger to human beings?” One of the men asked, the one, Smith noted, that wasn't Joe.

“It will scramble their genes.” The man replied. “It wouldn’t be a painless death either.”

“How did you obtain this creation?” Uncle Joey said with a smirk. “I bet it was a bitch to get a hold of.”

“The government wont miss its toy.” The man replied. “So do you have my money?”

Smith smiled then. He had heard about the theft only a few days ago. The government was scrambling, trying to figure out what had happened and how it lost the piece of technology. Suffice to say, the people in charge of protecting it had been in a lot of shit over the loss. At least now he knew who had done it, and more importantly, where it was potentially going. Perhaps they'd be able to get the technology back, and grab Joe in the process. Days like that were always good ones. He continued to listen as they continued onwards with their deal.

The one with Joe stepped forward. “Yeah I do…" he said with a heavy accent. “My employer will be very happy to have acquired this piece of hardware."

It was then that Smith saw the kid who had followed Joe and the other man. He wanted to say something to him, to tell him to get out of there, because it was much too dangerous for someone of his age. After all, the kid looked around the age of his daughter. But there was no way to signal to the kid unless he broke his cover and that would have disastrous consequences for the both of them then. Smith reached into his pocket to grab his SHIELD Communications device, deciding that it was well past due to call for back up. This needed to be handled now. He made the call quickly, it didn't take too much time. As he made the call, he finally put a name to the face of the man who had come with Joe. His name was Tony Rapa.

His attention was whipped up back to what was happening in front of him when Spiderman came into the picture.

At least Spiderman would be able to stall Tech Runner and Joe until he could get the people there that needed to get there. His fingers froze on the device that he was putting back into his coat pocket as he watched what unfolded before him. They were trying to use the Gene displacement device on Spiderman. Despite Smith's dislike of costumed heroes and villains in general, Spiderman generally did more good than harm, so he was willing to tolerate him. He had proved himself useful in the past and odds were, he would prove himself to be useful in the future too. Situations could always be manipulated, that was something that Dominic Smith had learned over the years and employed to the best of his ability. He watched as a rocket was fired.

It missed Spiderman, but hit a support beam, one of the beams that was keeping the building's stable. Unfortunately it was connected to another part that the little kid had been watching from. He dropped from the rafters, but Spiderman caught him, bringing him down to the ground safely.

Smith watched, eyes widening as Tech Runner opened fire with his Gene Displacement device, this time succeeding in hitting Spiderman, while Julius was still being held by the hero. He remembered what Tech Runner had said, and when he heard the responses to all of this by the other man who had come with Joe, he realized that the boy was related to the other man. His mouth thinned as he watched the rest of what happened.

He found out later about which hospital that the young boy had been taken to, just as he had gotten a name. Julius Rapa. Something about him was interesting, that much was for sure. He should have died. But he hadn't. And just what, had happened between him and Spiderman?

Suffice to say, he would be watching Julius Rapa for some time.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Present Day

"Can I get in touch with this Agent?" The reporter asked. "You didn't tell me his name, but maybe I can talk to him and find out his perspective? Not that yours isn't good, I'm not saying that, its just that I'd rather have too much information than too little."

"There's a reason why I didn't tell you the Agent's name. And why I won't tell you his name in the future. If you look up the Agent's name, we'll have issues." The man said, and he waited until realization dawned on the reporter's face.

"In that case, Director Fury, I have a few more questions."

"Very well."

Post by Halcyon508 »

The reporter walked through the prison with echoing footsteps. The hallway was wide, and he walked on the far side as he was told. He passed various cells filled with dirty prisoners of all sorts. At the end of the hall was the standard iron bars seperated from the prisoners cell by a large thick plate of glass. The reporter looked at the man before him. He looked much different then he did years before. "So you're the reporter?" the man asked. He had yellow eyes and small green scales protruding from his skin. "I've heard about you... writing a book or article about him."

The reporter stepped back against the wall. "You know why I'm here?"

"I hear things." The lizard said speaking. "I know things."

"You've conflicted with him multiple times..."

"Yesssss" He murmured. "I did."

"And several years ago." The reporter said not getting to close to the glass. "You were the first person he teamed up with Black Cat to fight correct?"

"Oh is that what you wants to knows..." The lizard pursed his lips. "Yesss I believe I was...."

Julius was running as fast as his legs could carry him without attracting attention. It was his first day of high-school since the spring break and he was running late. His book laden backpack was heavy but there was nothing that would stop him from getting to school on time. His Uncle already suspected he was cutting class and he could only intercept letters for so long until finally someone from the school called his house. As he ran towards the school yard his thought process was interrupted by a sudden call of police sirens. "It is far too early in the morning for crime." He said with a frown pivoting mid step to dart down an alley. Quickly he checked to see if the coast was clear and donned his Spider-Man costume before webbing out into the street.

The police were chasing a familiar face, Fly. The man had wings and could stick to the wall and was a constance source of annoyance for the young hero spider-man. Frowning under his mask he glided across the street on a webline. The Fly could do exactly as his name implied, fly, and also could stick to walls and had superhuman strength. The Fly turned as the police cars followed and batted his mighty wings sending a concussion force stopping the cars in their track. Julius used this opportunity to swing in from behind with his feet together to try and knock the man off balance. He failed. The Fly had compound eyes capable of seeing nearly all around him. There was no blind spots. It was a stupid mistake and the fist to the chest that Julius received for making it would stick with him for a few days. "I was wondering when you'd show up Spider-Man!" He yelled lunging.

Julius's Spider-sense tingled and he instinctively dodged. "Yeah well you know about cats and dogs...." Shooting webbing Spider-Man pulled a lamppost over to try to knock the man in the head from behind. The Fly's compound eyes saw this and darted forward to avoid the blow. As he jetted forward he saw a red fist flying at his face. Julius hit the fly. As the man stumbled he continued to strike with various blows. After a few short seconds the man was knocked out. "Yeah Spiders and Fly's aren't good friends either." Julius said thinking for a moment about what had happened. "That was alot easier than it normally is." He said as police officers hustled around him guns trained on the criminal. Oh god! I need to get to school. "Well take care I got to get going!" He said before abruptly running off. He swung from web to web until finally getting close enough to the school to drop down and find a hiding place and get changed. As he quickly started stuffing his costume into the bag he paused. His spider-sense was tingling... and someone was watching...
Domani, forget domani
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"You might want to put the suit away before anyone else sees. Can't trust everyone like you can trust me, Julius, that's a fact." The man said. Julius looked up from first looking at the man's black dress shoes and then his eyes narrowed.

"What do you want Agent Smith." Julius said, rising to his feet, and slinging his backpack over his shoulder.

"Well, I was thinking we could have another chat and-"

"We talked. I'm not joining the team you're putting together." He said. "I've got enough things to worry about, school is hard enough as it is."

Smith nodded slowly, with a small smile. He blinked a few times, thinking before he answered, his tone never straying from genial, despite the anger that had been shot into Julius' voice a bit. "School is the least of our problems. Besides, we both know that you'll have no problems financially if you join." He said. "Uncle Joe can stop doing the things that he does, all your problems will go away. You'll have a family." He said. Smith knew what Julius wanted and he knew how badly he wanted it. "You want to use your powers for good, and I get that. I help people do the same thing. But shouldn't you have the benefit of using your powers to help yourself? Just a little bit?" He asked.

Seeing Julius' facial features change, Smith knew that he had hit home, as he tried to do every time he had this talk with the wall-crawler. Every time he succeeded in some little way.

"Well-"

"Just think about it." Smith said. He had had his hands behind his back this whole time, and now he revealed them. There was a brown paper bag in his hand, folded crisply just the way that a good bagged lunch should be before it got stuffed in a backpack. "Here you are. You already ate a fly today, but I don't want my 'Little Spider' going without full proper nutrition. Gotta grow up big and strong, so eat the vegetables." He said, handing Julius the bag before turning to walk away.

Post by Halcyon508 »

He was late for class. Julius frowned as the bell rang and he was only just reaching the door to the school. Walking through the halls he stared at the brown paper bag the man had given him. Grimacing mildly he ran to the classroom and entered as the teacher was taking roll. "Late again Mr. Rapa?" The teacher asked. Julius didn't mind, the teacher was okay as evident by his next comment. "Well you got here before I said your name so I suppose your okay." Looking down at the piece of paper the teacher was about to call another name when he instead paused and lifted his head, "You're okay this time. Do try to be on time."

"Okay..." Julius said heading back towards his desk. It was going to be a long day....

A long day later...

School was out. Normally Julius would have found some of his friends and walked with them to a local store or to one of their homes to hang out and be a general kid, or alternatively go stop a crime and relieve frustration of the day. But now he didn't want to do any of that. Something in Agent Smith's words haunted his every step as he went home. Uncle Joe said that his father has left him a fair amount of money and that it would all be his when he was old enough. But how much was enough? And why couldn't Uncle Joe use it now to make their life better? Why did he have to do those things he does. Julius was haunted by the memory of his fathers death. By the realization of the type of business that his father and his uncle did. "Damn you Smith." He said biting back another more foul curse. He wasn't going to be Spider-Man today, he wasn't going to patrol or look for trouble. No today he was going to do homework, maybe go to the Mall and try to find someone he knows or ask a girl out on a date. Today was Julius's day....
Domani, forget domani
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Julius was moving through the busy streets of New York with a purpose. He wasn't sure what he was going to do that day, but he was sure that he was going to do something. Something that didn't involve webbing. As he moved along, he watched the people moving by him. They were busy in their own right, but none of them were as busy as he was. He was Spider-Man, after all. Deciding that he was going to get a bite to eat, he spied a mom and pop diner on the other side of the street. Julius headed over to the crosswalk, and waited. A few moments later, he had crossed the street and was heading down the sidewalk towards the diner. Stepping inside, he headed over to the counter and ordered himself a burger and fries. When he sat down, he saw a familiar face. It wasn't familiar in that he knew the person, but for some reason, there was a sense of familiarity. It was a girl, sitting in a booth, just like his. She looked like one of his classmates. But he couldn't place a name with the face. She turned and their eyes met. She smiled then and waved. "Hey, Julius." She said, loud enough so that he would be able to hear her.

"Hey." He said back.

She rose and headed over to where he was sitting. "Julius, right, that is your name." She said, bringing her book bag with her before going back and getting her food. "I heard the teacher say it during class. Julius Rapa. I'm Vanessa Smith, the new girl who joined three weeks ago." She said. "What did you do over spring break?" She asked.

Post by Halcyon508 »

Julius stared at the girl. It wasn't entirely odd for him to receive the attention of girls, or even grown woman, but the last two turned out to be supervillians. That was enough for him to have certain suspicions pass over him. "Umm..." He started a little embarrassed. He was pretty and he was sure his spider-sense would go off any second and she'd lunge at him. "I didn't really do anything exciting." The young boy averted his gaze from her and down at his plate. "It was really lame." He said remembering his uncle taking him to the country in the mid west. "We went out to this farm with a lake and my uncle sat fishing most of the day and said I should be having more fun." Shaking his head he thought about it. "I mean it was nice being away from the city for awhile you know, but it is vacation I'd have rather done something fun and exciting than just going out to an old farm in the country and sitting around getting a suntan." Taking a bite of his meal he stared at the girl and then after swallowing hard asked, "What about you?"
Domani, forget domani
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Dad took me to visit Wakanda." She said. "It's a really cool country, really technological and stuff. I'm not going to lie, I was kind of bored most of the time, but Dad wanted to go, and he's the boss." Vanessa said. "I'm sorry...I kind of peeked at the test that we got back today in science and you got a hundred. I, on the other hand, did not. My parents are going to kill me if I don't bring my grade up." She said. The dirty blonde haired girl gave Julius an innocent help me smile. "You wouldn't happen to have any free time to tutor me or something would you? I can pay you, I've got a part time job." She said.

Post by Halcyon508 »

Wakanda? Who does to Wakanda for holliday? Julius was fascinated with the country, it seemed a giant contridiction. in the middlf of african poverty you had a tribe of people with some of the most advanced technology in the world. On top of that, when Julius looked at pictures and researched the Chrell invasion he saw them fight with spears. You have more technology than the entire continent you inhabit... why wouldn't you invent a ray gun or something? And then the girl dropped the bomb, Damn you spider-sense! He said in his head. This is the kind of stuff you need to warn me about. He smiled back at her a little, "Sure..." He said before pausing, "I mean you don't need to pay me... I'll help you out just to help you out." Afterall she was pretty.
Domani, forget domani
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Really?" She asked, a little incredulously. "That'd be awesome, thank you Julius." She added. Shyly, she brushed some hair out of her eyes. "You know, I heard a bunch of people are headed to go see that new movie that just came out. The one with the robots and the the guy with the green hair and plant arms?" Vanessa said. "Are you free? Maybe we could go for it." She said. "That is," She added hurriedly, "if you want to go. I don't know what your plans are or anything like that, I don't want to impose." The teenager said, before looking down and picking at her food again.

Post by Halcyon508 »

"No..." Julius said, "I mean yes." Pausing he added, "Well I meant no there is no imposition, and yes I'd love to go!" Way to go Casanova! He thought to himself. Just calm down. "I haven't been out to see a movie in awhile. But do you want to see the Robot Movie? I mean if you do that is great, but it just seems like a total guy film you know." Pausing he stared at the girl and lowered his head to look up at her. Brushing aside a lock of hair that was getting in his eyes he added, "I'll go see anything you want to see. I want to make sure you have a good time."
Domani, forget domani
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

She shrugged in response. "I'm not really a girlie girl, Julius, that's something you should know about me." She said with a small smile. Vanessa had finished with her food, and she set it to the side. "The robot movie will be pretty cool, I think." She said. "So are you just naturally good at science or what? Tell me how you know so much." She said playfully poking him in the forehead. "I must know your secrets!"

Post by Halcyon508 »

"I don't know." Julius said staring at the finger on his forehead. "I just find it interesting. I think that helps me memorize it all and do better." Pausing he added, "My uncle said that if you enjoy something you'll be better at it more likely to remember. And he always talked about science, he's an engineer." It was a lie, but close enough to the truth. He was technicaly a mechanical engineer, however most of the stuff he did was merely adding to existing stolen technology or adapting things for more practical use and then selling them off to bidders. "I'm pretty straight forward, not alot to me really." Pausing he added, "What about you? I mean we hardly know eachother, where did you come from before you moved here what are your grades like, what's your favorite color, you know the runaround."
Domani, forget domani
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Well, I was born in Washington, D.C." Vanessa said. "You really want to know all the boring details? It's pretty boring, honestly." She said.

"Sure, go for it. Science isn't the only subject I like. History's great too." Julius said.

"Alright. I'm more of an English kind of girl." She said. "Like I said, I was born in Washington D.C. My dad used to be a civilian contractor with the Department of Defense. I think he was pretty high up, but I don't know. I just know that his work made him leave the house a lot. My mom's a lawyer." She said. "Defense lawyer."

"Favorite color? That's an important one."

"Black." She said, and then smiled. "By far. What else do you want to know, Julius?"

Post by Halcyon508 »

"Defense lawyer?" Julius shuttered at the thought. Not all defense lawyers were the scumbags he had seen his uncle deal with, but the possibility this girls mother was one such person gave him an uncomfortable feeling. "And your dad was a contractor?" The boy wondered if perhaps he had been known to Joe. The man often dealed with defense contractors to find ways into places or obtain certain merchandise. Julius hoped it wasn't the case. He put on a smile. "Now just one more question." He said finally staring into her eyes. "Why me? Why not," He thought of a name, "Why not say Kovalski? His grades are just as good as mine. Better even."
Domani, forget domani
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Yeah my dad's worked a lot at the Pentagon, but he's also been around the world, like I said." Vanessa said. "I don't know a lot about what he did and what he does, to be honest. I think he works on different weapons systems, but he's also involved in intelligence." She added. "Why you? Well, I don't think I'd get the same chem...grades with Kovalski." Vanessa adding with a small smile. "He's smart, but he's not like you, Julius. None of the guys in the class are." She said, giving him an inquisitive look. "I wonder why that is."

Post by Halcyon508 »

Julius was thinking of a witty remark, something to score him points, when his phone started to ring. It wasn't his normal cellphone, but the burner he had bought as Spider-Man. "I uh... I need to go." He said seeing that it was Doctor Franklin calling. The two had an odd relationship, the good doctor had tried to help Spider-Man after the youth had saved his life some months earlier. He was an expert in the field of genetics and was studying blood samples. Longingly he looked at the girl, "I'll catch you later alright?" He didn't wait for a response and instead jumped into motion walking out of the door. Taking a turn down an alley he donned the all too familiar Spider-Man costume and shot into the air. It only took a few minutes for him to arrive at the Doctors laboratory. Julius "What's up doc?" He said repelling down the wall towards the mirror.

The doctor wasn't in, but he wasn't alone. Two thugs with guns were holding up the doctor while another rummaged through vials in the lab. "Where is it?" One of the gunmen said slapping the elderly doctor across the head pistol-whipping him.

He fell to the ground before standing up defiantly and saying "I would never tell you." His voice was strong with authority. Julius had always thought that his voice was soothing and unique.

"That's too bad." One of them said. "Because we're going to find it. One way is painless but I'll see we'll need to do this the other way." He lifted up the gun to strike the man again when suddenly it flew from his hands.

"Now now children." A voice called. They looked up to see Spider-Man sitting in the corner, "play nice." The other gunman pointed in his direction and fired several times. Julius jumped and dodged and rolled until finally he managed to wrestle the gun from the mans hand sticking it to the ceiling with a web.

While this was going on the third man had found what he was looking for. A small green vial. Doctor Franklin wrestled with him trying to stop him from taking it. Julius ran forward and punched the man knocking him towards the table. His grip was tight around the old doctor and the two crashed against the table the glass of the vial breaking sending glass everywhere. Both the good doctor and the criminal were bleeding from small cuts on their arms from the glass. "I'm so sorry doctor." Julius said stepping forward. Julius ran and got a cloth and patted it onto the mans arm. "No I need to clean the wound." The doctor said with a strange urgency running toward the sink and placing his arm underneath of it. The men used this time to run getting away into the darkness.

"I'm sorry." Julius said looking at the gash on the mans arm.

"You were just trying to help." The doctor replied walking over to his cabinet. There was several more vials of the green liquid. "Nothing was lost."

"So you called because of the robbery?" Julius asked.

"I'm sorry Julius, yes." the doctor replied. "I haven't found a way to stop your fits yet."

"It's okay doctor." Julius responded, "I didn't expect results over night."

Julius frowned. His visit with the doctor had been short and disappointing, but he was glad he was able to help out his friend. His friend? He thought about the implication for a moment. Was he his friend or was the good doctor actually Spider-Mans friend? Was there even a difference? Having some time Julius perched up on a high building and stared down below and waited for another instance of crime, or a visit from his friendly neighborhood SHIELD agent, all the while his mind focused on the strange green vials....
Domani, forget domani
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Mom! I'm home." Vanessa Smith said as she walked through the doors of the house that she lived in. There was a clatter in the kitchen so she headed there. She saw her mom sitting at the kitchen table, on a laptop and going over a bunch of documents. It was rather obvious that her mother had just woken up from some kind of sleep, and Vanessa guessed that she had been the one to wake her up. A little sorry about it, Vanessa gently set her backpack down on the ground by the kitchen table. "Were you taking a nap?" She asked.

"A small one." Hannah Smith said with a small smile. "This case is just very...interestingly put together to say the least." She said. "How was school?"

"It was fine. I'm getting tutoring lessons, like you asked me to." Vanessa said.

"That's great."

Vanessa smiled at this, grabbing a cookiee out of the jar that her mom had on the counter. She leaned against it and smiled at her mom. Her mom was a defense lawyer, and a really good one from what Vanessa understood. Her mom had been doing it for years and worked at the firm that their family had started, Mayer, Ingram, and Rogers. Before she had married Vanessa's father, Hannah had been Hannah Mayer. "Gotta bring my chem grades up." She said.

"I can't believe your father wasn't more upset about that." Hannah said, looking up and giving her daughter a pointed look.

Vanessa shrugged in response. "We worked it out, and he told me I had to find a tutor like you said. So I did. Julius Rapa, he's like the smartest kid in the class, Mom. No lie. I don't think I've ever seen him get anything less than a hundred on a math or science test." She said. "Anyway, I'll let you get back to work. Any idea when Dad is coming home?" She asked.

"No, he hasn't called yet."

Nodding, Vanessa grabbed her backpack and headed towards the stairs. "I'm going to finish my homework and then I'm headed out, meeting up with some friends."

"You know your curfew."

Post by Halcyon508 »

Julius was walking to the movie theater. He couldn't wait to meet Vanessa, but at the same time was apprehensive. Socially his life had been strange since he donned the spandex trapping of a hero and took to the streets. It seemed that criminals and this new breed of supervillian always came out when he was on a date, or going to a job interview, or working on an important paper. Stuff always went wrong when Julius was trying to be Julius, and normally it ended in embarrassment or otherwise .in a fight which ended a friendship or two. He sighed at the thought. Sometimes he wished he wasn't Spider-Man, other days he was every so happy he had the powers of a wall crawler. What had Peter Parker told him? With great power comes great responsibility. What a crock. With great power came a capacity for good or ill. Every hero and every villain Julius had ever known had started the same way; as a boy with a bad attitude. There Julius stood, a victim of circumstance.

Arriving at the theater Julius looked around the crowd. Parents with happy children were going, no doubt, to see the new dancing and singing bear movie. Julius spent his entire life waiting for the other shoe to drop and thus was pleasantly surprised when he saw Vanessa walking towards him....
Domani, forget domani
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

She smiled, shyly and gave him a small wave. Vanessa looked at the marquee and saw that they were about twenty minutes early for the robot movie. She’d read enough about it online to find out that it would probably be pretty good. Apparently some mad scientist builds a robot to destroy all of his friends, but he was going to stop it himself because he wanted them to like him more. Which when you thought about it was rather dumb. Still, the action scenes were supposed to be good, and she knew enough of the cast to know that the acting wouldn’t be horrible. It’s not like it was going to be some crappy Hugh Jackman movie or anything like that. Though she remembered hearing something about Tobey Maguire being in the front running for the lead when it was being worked on and she’d nearly barfed. That guy couldn’t act for anything.

“So I was wondering something.” She asked when he stopped walking in front of her. “Is popcorn a must for movies? If so, how much butter do you like on your popcorn? Do you believe in previews? These are serious questions, Julius.”