Young Avengers: King of Crime

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Halcyon508

Young Avengers: King of Crime

Post by Halcyon508 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:08 pm

It was dark; it always seemed dark in the city though, so many objects casting shadows. A dark figure stalked in the night, eyes peering greedily looking for another victim to exploit. Another dark figure stalked in the night, eyes peering greedily looking for another victim to save. Melody jumped from one building to another, her dark suit absorbing the light and keeping her hidden. A lit window reveals a child, he was young, perhaps twelve years of age. He slowly glided to the open window.

This neighborhood was a slum, it would be clear to anyone that no quality people would live in such a place, and that’s why she took time out of her patrol route to visit it. To her knowledge and her and Spider-Man did so. Her eyes cast themselves upwards as her thoughts wandered. Spider-Man she thought, What a hunk! how much was that her talking and how much was the symbiots fondness for the man she couldn’t tell.

Thoughts were disturbed when a crash came from within the building. He dared to sneak a peak into the window and saw the door had collapsed in the youths room. He left the squalor conditions and retreated to another room. Melody stepped into the house and looked around. There was a dresser drawer filled with dirty cloths. In the far corner was the boys closet. She approached and opened it to find roaches roaming and destroying the clothing. Water swelled in her eyes as she recalled the venom suit around her to reveal her soft featured face and brazen red hair. She heard a step at the door and a crash of a plate hitting the hard wood floor.

“Who are you?” a soft voice came. Turning she noted the boys face, cute, innocent, but smeared with the same squalor that infested the house. Her eyes drifted downward to the fallen plate, spaghetti with rotten looking tomato paste. She grimaced at the thought a tear finally falling down her cheek. “Why are you crying?” the youth asked.

“I’m not crying.” She said softly. “It was just raining.” The boy looked behind Melody and out the window, a clear moonlit night. Silence consumed the house as roaches reached the fallen foodstuff. “Where is your mother? Your father?” the woman asked sensing that no one was there.

“Where are yours?” the boy replied. It was a stinging reply to Melody who was an orphan. He couldn’t have known though could he?

“I don’t live in conditions like this.” Melody replied.

“Are you going to take me to an orphanage?” the urchin replied. “I don’t want to go to one of those.”

Shaking her head melody thought for a moment. “they aren’t so bad.” She replied distantly.

“I won’t go, I’ll run away again, this is my home…”
“Then I won’t take you there, do you trust me?” Melody interrupted. The boy nodded. She turned around and kneeled presenting her back. “Get on.” She said and the boy complied. The venom symbiot wrapped itself around the boy securing him to the girls back. She reached out an arm and a web shot from her, a black web of sticky ichor but a web none the less. She lurched forward on a course that took her drifting through the city and to an old abandoned warehouse. The boy has clasped his eyes shut long before, in fear of the heights which he was traveling. But finally all movement stopped and the fabric like layer loosened. He opened his eyes and was in a brilliant place. A Warehouse converted for other uses. “Why would you bring him here?” a voice called.

“You would have had me leave him?” Melody replied.

“You could have taken him to an orphanage.” The metallic voice replied. “That’s what you normally do!”

“He didn’t want to go!” she yelled back. The boy looked toward the source of the metallic voice. and suddenly a robot walked into view. A Great mechanical being!

“Cool…” he whispered to himself.

“We have the space…” Melody argued. “You know we can keep him here.”

The robot hissed and cracked and the figure of a boy was revealed. Another young person, a teenager stepped out from it. Who are these people? The youth thought as the red headed boy said, “For now we keep him but then we need to arrange for identification, forged parents for school.” he sighed. “your lucky I love you so much…”

Melody snorted. “Love me? John you love yourself and anything with a shapely pair of legs.”

“True enough.” John said looking from one end of the warehouse to another. “What’s your name lad?” he said looking at the new youth.

“Mark Campos.” The boy replied.

“I’m John Nuzzolillo.” John said extending his hand and shaking the youths. “Friends call me Nuzzy, and you may stay here as long as the others are ok with it.” He stared at melody. “But you must never tell anyone where this place is, who we are and what we do. Understand?” the boy nodded.

Melody smiled at herself. Being a hero meant more then stopping villains and causing collateral damage. Being a hero meant doing good, and despite her streak of deviancy she had done good.
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm

Jeff kept running. He had to make it to the next warehouse before that....thing got him. Whatever it was it scared him more than their boss did. He knew the Goblin wouldn't be happy with their inability to hold on to one of the drug store houses, but their was little he could do about it right now. He rounded a corner into a dark alley and stopped to catch his breath. He slowly peered around to look back out at the street but saw nothing. Creeping back along the street he kept a close eye out for the creature.

It took him the better part of an hour to get himself to the next warehouse. As he approached the door he sighed heavily. It was an overwhelming feeling of joy to have made it, but at the same time it was coupled with the dread of having to tell them that the other store house was gone, literally. He pushed open the doors and numerous men with guns intercepted him. His hands went up immediately. Then he heard the voice. Chase's voice.
"Jeff? What the hell are you doing here? You know the rules. Crews don't go between storehouses."

Jeff lowered his hands and shook his head.
"I know, I know, Chase. But the other storehouse.......it's......uummmmm," He hesitated.

Chase took a step closer.
"It's what?"

The lights went out. The men with guns raised their weapons again and started fanning out. Jeff and Chase stepped closer together as the latter questioned the former again.
"The storehouse is what?"

Another voice answered.
"It's gone."

Jeff nervously twisted about. Grabbing a pistol from one of the men he waved it all over the place, screaming.
"It's him! It's that bat thing! Kill it before it gets us all!"

A bat shaped, metal throwing weapon knocked the gun from Jeff's hand. A powerful blow to the head then rendered the man unconscious. All the guns then turned to where Jeff had been standing. A man in a black, bat like suit held a large battle staff. He eyed them all.
"You are criminals. Drug traffickers. More than likely murderers."

Chase stepped forward, a pistol in his hand.
"And who the hell are you?"

Underneath his mask, unknown to the thugs, he smiled.
"I'm justice."

THIRTY MINUTES LATER

He watched from a rooftop as the police loaded the warehouse full of thugs into squad cars. He smiled knowing that he had just taken out two drug warehouses in the same night. Hopefully this would bring out the individual behind the crime. Some Goblin character, but it was unlikely. He had taken down several other ventures this Goblin was in charge of in an attempt to flush him out. Nothing had worked. In time he would locate this new adversary. A voice came over his ear piece.
"Kyle? Did everything go according to the plan?"

Batboy nodded, despite the fact that he knew the other man couldn't see him.
"Yes. The police are rounding up the thugs right now."

The voice chimed in again.
"Good. You need to get back home. Rest up. Don't worry, we'll catch this Goblin character eventually. But I just received some interesting information. The Goblin might not be the biggest crime boss in New York."

Batboy stood up and prepared to get home.
"Always a bigger fish."
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:11 am

The rain had come without notice as Marty weaved his way in between the crowds heading for shelter. As he pulled his hood over his head he began to notice a small group of people who looked like they were following him. As he reached the next corner he made his way down a small alleyway and ducked behind a dumpster.

"He went this way!" one voice said as he heard footsteps echoing on the wet pavement.

As the group rounded the corner Marty saw three thugs scanning the alleyway. For the past month, Marty had been putting up with the local gang in his neighborhood. They had been trying to push drugs on the local kids and even tried a few robberies; thankfully Marty had been blessed with powers he never understood, powers he had no idea how he received.

Finally he rose from his spot, "Looking for me?" he growled.

As the three spun, two produced switchblade while the other drew a gun and pointed it at Marty. "Fitzpatrick, we've been looking fo' yo' punk ass."

Marty smiled from the recesses of his hood, "Well, I'm sorry to keep you waiting."

In an instant the two with knifes lunged at him and as they both slashed at him he sidestepped the one and kicked the other in the midsection dropping him. When the first thug regain his balance and tried to attack again, Marty grabbed the thug's arm and twisted until he heard a snap and the thug dropped the knife.

BLAM

Marty ducked out of instinct as a bullet tore through the dumpster next to him, "Nice move, Fitzpatrick. Too bad you're not faster than a speeding bullet."

As Marty stared at the gun he grinned, "I'll improvise."

Marty then stomped on the ground and an invisible wave knocked the thug off his feet and sent him flying backwards. Within a second Marty was on the thug and had him by his collar, "Back off and I promise I won't beat your boys' asses again."

The thug still had a defiant look in his eyes, "You think you hard?"

Marty then punched the ground next to the thug's head and created a crater where his fist hit, "You have my warning."

Marty then hoisted him up and put him on his feet, as Marty turned he heard the thug attempt to jump him while his back was turned.

Marty then turned quickly and clapped his hands together which sent another shockwave that sent the thug tumbling head over heels into the dumpster.

"Punk ass," Marty whispered as he walked back out onto the street.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:15 pm

"Then perhaps, since you have no need for my class you can tell me the importance of the battle of Manzikert"

"It was a battle over a valley with four Byzantine forts guarding it. The Seljuk Turks over ran it effectively destroying the Byzantine presence in turkey, this ended up leading to the events that caused the crusades. Often this is considered one of the top 5 of most important historical battles." John stared at the teacher, he examined his face and smirked a little, "May I go back to sleep?" he asked.

"I don't care what you do Mr. Nuzzolillo." The teacher said in an exasperated voice. "As long as you don't snore." And so John slept until the bell rang...

School was almost over now. John stalked the hallways, skipping his next class. What did it matter anyhow? He turned a corner and there he saw the youth, recently adopted by Melody and the rest of the team. "Hey Mark." he said and the youth looked up.

"Hello John!" The kid said excited.

"How are you fitting in at your new school?" He asked, though he didn't need to. The boy tugged uncomfortably at his collared shirt, and the jacket of his school uniform.

"Good." the boy lied. He had been posing as Johns cousin, whose parents had recently passed. "Everyone is nice enough." Once again the boy lied. He glanced vacantly at the water fountain.

"Hey." John said getting the boys attention. "What do you say we slip out? Just me and you?"

"Really?" the boy asked wide eyed.

"Yeah, me and the guy we got a meeting after school." John winked. "And your just as much one of the guys right?" Mark Campos seemed at that moment to be the happiest boy on earth. John extended his hand, the youth taking it, and walked forward to the back door. They opened the magnetically sealed door and out to Johns motorbike. "Hold on tight" John said as he revved the engine and took off down the road.

They reached the warehouse that was Avenger Base soon afterword. The Warehouse was fully converted, there was living space for each of the members when they wern't at their real homes. The two boys began to talk and joke with eachother until John once again brought up the subject of school. "Well there is a new sub." Mark said. "She's pretty too..." he added his face reddening.

"Thats not what I meant..." John replied. "Are you making any friends?"

"A few..." Mark replied. "But its hard... I'm just so different from all of them."

"Just give it time." John sighed. "Everything will work out, now go to your room and do your homework or play your video games... the guys are going to get here soon."
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:37 pm

OOC:
I'm going with Patriot and Wildcat all ready being members of the team. Batboy isn't yet.

IC:
They arrived at the warehouse at the same time. Each vacating their cars they smiled at each other and walked towards the entrance. As far as girls went, Isabelle Hudson and Alyssa Roberts were gorgeous. Maybe it was just good genes or maybe it had something to do with their enhancements. Whatever the reason, they were truly knockouts.

Alyssa, aka Patriot, stepped into the warehouse first. Her blue jeans seemed almost painted on and her red tank top was as tight as could be, which she knew her mother hated. Her short blond hair and was neatly done and her blue eyes sparkled. She walked over and slid her hand over the star emblem on her shield.
"The gang all here?"

Izzy, aka Wildcat, shook her head in order to say no. Her long, blond hair waved back and forth as she did across the back of her white shirt. She stepped up to a table and grabbed a chair to sit in. She crossed her legs and pulled down her green skirt as she did, flipping back a strand of hair.
"I haven't seen them yet. I'm sure they're all on their way."

Kyle Davis watched as she drove away. Alyssa Roberts was both beautiful and intelligent. A rare find in his experience with high school girls. He had noticed her friend, Izzy Hudson, was the same way, though she was certainly more of a rebel then Alyssa was. However, he was not watching them because of their beauty.

He had noticed that every time a crisis situation hit, those two, along with a few others, disappeared. He wasn't sure if these people were some kind of vigilantes like himself or if they were working for someone like the Goblin or this fabled Kingpin. Either way, he felt it was his responsibility to figure it out. There was no telling just how deep the corruption went with some of these crime bosses.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:49 pm

The wind howled as Marty sped through the streets on his Harley, the bike rumbled along turning many heads. Finally, Marty reached the old warehouse and once his bike was stopped he turned it off and dismounted. He dusted off his green and dark green striped sweatshirt and removed his helmet as he strode into the warehouse.

The door opened loudly and Marty put his helmet down on the table as he pulled out his own chair and put his feet up on the table. "Laides," he said with a small nod of his head.

"John back yet?" he asked as he pulled a magazine from the table.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:13 pm

OOC: Kit... dude... Johns always been there...
Domani, forget domani

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:09 am

“And first on the Agenda is the bathroom… Someone not naming names,” John stared at Marty “hasn’t been flushing. I’d like to remind everyone that we do have indoor plumbing and to please use it. We aren’t Animals.” He shook his head. “Other then that I’d like to announce that we have a hot new substitute teacher, and our new little resident Mark Campos seems to be fitting in well.”

He looked down at a small laptop that was in front of him. He pressed a few buttons and stared at the screen. “My notes say we’ve been seeing an increase in robberies, and other violent crime in Red sector. I suggest we concentrate our patrols more in that region for the next week.” He let out a sigh. “if I knew I was going to be a bureaucrat I would have written this entire thing off as a bad Idea. Anyhow stay alert, I don’t feel right about tonight. We need to discover what’s going on.”
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:34 pm

After the meeting was done The girls went to get dressed. Izzy was done first. She came walking out in her red uniform, claws extended as she checked to see how sharp they were. Once she was satisfied that they could cut through just about anything, she slid them back into her gloves. She was stunning in her suit. She was gorgeous anytime, but something about her in that uniform made the boys want her even more. She knew this affected John the most. She smiled at the thought of his face every time he looked at her when they were ready to do the hero thing.

She looked up as Alyssa walked out in her blue costume. Her shield was strapped to her back instead of on her arm. She walked up to Izzy and stood next to her. Izzy could tell just how eager she was to get out there. Patriot was a warrior. She liked to be out there, helping people. Wildcat did too, but Izzy thought maybe Alyssa enjoyed beating up the bad guys more than helping the innocent. Not that it mattered. As long as the thugs stopped bothering people she was happy.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:16 pm

Marty snapped a glance at John after his speech, "Cute, Nuzzy."

Then after the meeting was over, Marty returned to his room and after he stripped off his clothes, still wet from the rainstorm, he got in the shower. For awhile Marty stood in the shower not moving, just letting the water pour over him. It may have seemed stupid to other people but he rarely had time to relax and nothing felt better than a hot shower to him.

After another few minutes he turned off the shower, dried off, and walked back towards his room. All the other in the group had costumes they wore to protect their identities, Marty never went through that much trouble.

As Marty got dressed he had a "costume" all his own, he pulled out a pair of camoflauge pants and his trademark green and dark green striped sweatshirt. As he was dressed he laced up his brown boots and headed out into the main area.

"Never did understand the need for such outrageous costumes," he laughed as he saw Izzy and Alyssa.

From the sweatshirt pocket he grabbed a dark green bandana and tied it around his eyes. After shifting it around he managed to get it to fit right as the eye holes fit over his own green eyes. "So?" he asked as he rubbed his hands together, "who's ready to rock?"

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:56 pm

“Why don’t you just say ‘lock and load’ Marty.” John said sneaking glances at Izzy. His smile was hidden underneath an Iron Mask. “You corny bastard…” He chuckled. “You know I love you Marty.” He glanced over at Wildcat and his smile broadened he was about to make a comment toward the romantic end of the spectrum when he began to beep.

”You’re beeping.” Melody said shrugging. “where is it?”

Bringing up a heads up display Iron Lad saw a digital map of the city. “Goldschmidt’s Jewelry store.” He said as small rockets at his feet lit up shooting him into the air. “Lock and load.” John said directing the comment at Marty. Melody was already gone, boy was she fast!

The buildings rolled by as he flew through the busy streets. Suddenly the small store came into view. The shop was being broken into by several street thugs. He squinted his eyes and the suit reacted bringing the shop into view. Several street thugs, an elderly man, a small Japanese tourist and a man in a golden cape with what appeared to be a cheesy 60’s hypnotic disk, “Where do these people come from?” he said shaking his head. He landed and began to approach to gold caped man only to have him shoot at him with a military grade laser! “And where do they always get these things!” He said as he launched into the air returning fire. The man dove with incredible speed and shot several more shots directed at Iron-Lad.

“Iron Lad to team, they appear to be under some hypnotic suggestion! The guy in the gold cape is the…” he stopped in mid sentence, and in mid air. A blue wave washed over him and suddenly his jets gave way. “Electro magnetic pulse!” he yelled as he began his decent and crashed into the ground. He initiated a shut down of his suit and sat there helpless in an immobile mechanical deathtrap.
Domani, forget domani

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:25 am

"I was actually saving that for tomorrow," Marty grinned as he ran out the door after everyone else.

Now, Marty couldn't fly like the John, but he had his own way of getting around. With a massive stomp, he harnessed his shockwaves to send him flying into the air and out towards his destination. By doing this repeatedly, he could seemingly "jump" to wherever he needed.

Finally he reached the jewely store and saw the chaos around it, but as he was about to attack he heard a crunch behind him. When he wheeled around he saw John's suit immobile on the ground and at least one thug making a run at it.

Marty spun on his toe and dashed towards the thug and when he was in between John's suit and the thug he cocked back his fist and punched the ground at an angle so that it sent parts of the street up into the air. One such piece nailed the thug right in the head, sending him tumbling over backwards. "So, John," Marty said as he guarded his downed suit, "Got any ideas to get that thing moving again?"

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:37 pm

Patriot arrived moments after Aftershock. She came roaring up on her motorcycle and jumped off, throwing her entire body into one of the thugs. The man flew and hit the ground hard. She spun around, driving her shield into the face of another one, knocking him away. She jumped back to stand beside Aftershock. Her eyes drifted to Iron Lad who was on the ground.
"What the hell happened?"

Wildcat wasn't far behind. She jumped from the side of a building, back flipping in mid air as she landed on a thug. She extended her adamantium claws as a Japanese man came at her with a crowbar. She easily shredded the metal weapon and delivered a powerful kick to his face, sending him into a lamp post. He climbed back to his feet and ran at her, she punched him in the stomach and then again in the face. As he climbed to his feet once more she turned to the others.
"Are these guys super thugs? How does this dude keep getting up?"

Batboy heard the commotion over the police scanner and arrived quickly in his Batmobile. He rolled the vehicle into a dark alley and turned on the metal shield to prevent anyone else from getting into it. He easily scaled the wall and gained access to the roof of the building across the street. He stared down at what he considered to be an amazing site. Costumed heroes were battling thugs and a guy in a gold cape. Instead of jumping in to help he decided to watch. After all, he couldn't be positive these people were actually heroes.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:39 pm

The suit was powering back up slowly, and suddenly lights erupted in Johns eyes nearly blinding him. A direct hit from the laser scorched one of the secondary sensors, no matter though. The Suit now powered up Iron-Lad stood up, his suit shaking slightly. He took careful aim with his arms out stretched, looked at the mans laser hand and slowly pressed the trigger. Small rubber bullets flew knocking the weapon from the mans hand. Turning to run, the yellow caped man quickly fell to the ground as Iron-Lad grabbed the mans cape pulling him to the ground. As this happened the people who were under the hypnotic spell seemed to come to dropping the stolen possessions. Police Sirens were roaring and Iron-Lad quickly tied the perpetrator up. He took the cheesy looking mind control device and signaled the team to return to base, igniting his rockets and flying away.

Melody who had been noticeably absent from the battle saw the dark figure following them. She licker her lips and smiled as she descended down the wall, inch’s away from the caped figure. “And what’s a handsome boy like you doing in a place like this?” she said as she felinely brought her feet to the ground and approached the batman esque figure. She reached out an arm and touched the boy, “You know you could have just asked to talk instead of spying on us… we’re all good guys.” She rolled her eyes. “Well most of us are good, I have a bit of a bad streak.” She said as her costume changed. Suddenly she was wearing a pair of tight pants and a leather halter top, with a small mask covering her eyes and her red hair flowing down to her shoulders. “You want to come back with me?” She asked purring.
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:37 pm

OOC:
He doesn't have a cape, Adam. Think more Batman Beyond looking than Batman. ;)

IC:
Batboy easily maneuvered out of reach of the girl and her alien costume. He knew exactly what it was; a symbiote. He was unsure of how to proceed with her. True, some of them, such as Hybrid and Toxin, had been heroes, or at least close to heroic. But others, like Venom and Carnage, had been incredibly dangerous. If he wanted he could take her down. He had several heat producing items on him, not to mention a sonic bomb or two. However, if she wasn't a criminal and she hadn't hurt anyone, then that would not be the best course of action.
"Who are you? And exactly what are you and your friends after?"

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:53 pm

OOC: A Mistake!

IC:
Melody looked at the boy and winked. “What do I want?” an alien black tongue came out of her mouth and approached batboy. “He wants to kill you,” she said as the tongue recoiled, “Devour you, and then leave you.” The girl giggled and shrugged as a piece of red Fabric broke from her costume and formed a hand. “but he wants to get to know you a little better.” She laughed again as she gained partial control and stepped toward him. “I think I want to get to know you, then we can see where it goes from there.”
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:28 pm

Batboy stepped back as she stepped forward. He was ready for a fight. She was fast, and that suit made her incredibly strong, not to mention the arsenal of weapons it could create. However, he had his own arsenal and he knew that patience, skill, and timing could defeat even the strongest, most powerful of opponents. His eyes narrowed under his mask.
"I think if you don't step away I'll be forced to hurt you."

She stopped her advance and he continued to stare.
"Now answer my questions. Who are you people and what are you doing at the scene of a robbery?"

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:20 am

Aftershock glanced at Patriot through his bandana mask, "I'm not sure, his suit powered down."

Suddenly Iron Lad was back up and not only finished the caped thug but grabbed something from him and signaled the rest to return to the warehouse.

Aftershock turned quickly and grabbed Patriot's motorcycle, "Come on, time for us to go. I'll drive for now."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:07 pm

She giggled a little. “Toxin likes you.” She said plainly. She shrugged her bare shoulders moving smoothly around her Halter top. “He doesn’t though, but he doesn’t really like anyone.” She licked her lips. “Lets just say we do good deeds.” She shrugged. “Why were you following us? Are you an assassin, to be dressed in black like that.”
Domani, forget domani

WedaScami
Enemy of the Republic

Post by WedaScami » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:42 pm

They say that hindsight is 20/20. If that’s true, then I’m living proof of it. If you would’ve told me how my life would be now, even just a year ago, I would’ve called you a damned liar and told you to piss off. How could someone believe the story of my life after we met. But that story is for later. I guess you need to know a little more about me before I start with my new life…

===The Northwest Territories, Two Years Ago===

“Danny!” called the boy’s father from in the tree stand. Danny Stryker was a sophomore in high school—a star athlete, he was a second team All-State linebacker his freshman year and looking to be first team in the coming season, as well as All-Region defensive middie in lacrosse. He was a friendly guy, and best of all, very humble. Though he put all that behind him as he and his father had taken their annual retreat up into the Northwest Territories to hunt grizzly and share some father and son bonding time before the school year started. The two had the strongest of relationships, and Danny felt as though he could confide in his father with any problem that he’d had. Their hunting trip hadn’t been too successful thus far, but that was never the point of them journeying into the tundra. Both were glad that they could take this time out of their busy schedules in order to spend time with one another. It seemed that each one was continuing to have less and less of it to spend, and taking this trip was a good remedy for their busyness.

“Yeah dad?” asked the boy, holding his rifle down as he looked up toward his father.

“See anything that time?”

“Just a few whitetail jumping through the trees. They look like big rabbits,” he said with a knowing smile. “No bear, though.”

“Me either… I’m headed down, break my fall if I slip,” the two laughed at this as the man clamored down the stand, dusting his hands off as he reached the bottom then checking the breach of his weapon once more to ensure that it wasn’t loaded. He clapped his hand on his son’s shoulder. “Well, we’ve got another two days up here. We’re bound to see something.” His breath was icy, and shout out of his throat like a plume of smoke—the day was starting to wane, and the sun crept down below the mountains in the far-off horizon. It was like a completely different world up here—as if there was no one else but them on the entire planet. It was so peaceful, both of them felt like they never wanted to leave.

“We better head back to camp before dark sets in,” the two nodded as they started back the way they’d marked off to their camp about a mile to the east. Dusk in the forests here was an enchanting experience. The night’s creatures began to creep out and begin their nocturnal rituals—a lone wolf’s howl echoed off the miles of canyons and crags around them until settling on their ears. It would have been eerie, had they not been in each other’s company.

The remaining days there in the Northwest Territories went by more quickly than father and son would have liked it to. Danny managed to take a large male bear—weighing in at nearly 1000 pounds—it was hell to drag out of that place at their camp site, but it was worth every moment. As they finished loading up their SUV, Danny’s dad looked at him with what the boy thought was a twinkle in his eye. “Danny,” he started.

“I know, dad, I knew this was coming” he said half-sarcastically. “The father-son ‘I know you’re growing up and changing but you’re still my son,’ talk, right?”

His dad laughed, “Yeah, yeah, something like that. I just didn’t want to feel like I’ve had all this time with you and wasted it.”

“You haven’t, dad, I promise…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The drive home was marked with lively conversation and talk about life in general. Each of them related stories about themselves that perhaps the other didn’t know, and each learned a little more about one another. Everything was just as the other had pictured it… but the roads up north ice easily at night, and aren’t made to be major highways. That was why it shouldn’t have been a surprise to see that rocks had fallen across the road on that bend so high up in the mountains…

“Call your mom, will ya?” asked Danny’s dad. Danny was sitting in the heated leather passenger seat, trying to stay awake and talk to his dad so that he wouldn’t fall asleep too. Both of them were very tired, but felt that they had to get out of the mountains before the storm front they’d seen over the valley settled in on the summit. Then it would be impossible to go anywhere.

Danny punched in the numbers for home on his cell, waiting for the ring and then the ‘click’ as the receiver was picked up on the other end. “Hello?” came his mom, Vanessa’s, voice.

“Hey mom!” said Danny excitedly. “I don’t know how we’re getting a signal up here, but we just wanted to check in on you so you know we’re still alive.”

Well I appreciate it, honey,” said Vanessa sweetly, “How is your father? Are you switching off driving so he doesn’t get too tired?

“He won’t let me take the wheel,” he answered back, throwing his dad a frustrated glance. “I keep telling him—Oh shit! Dad, look out!” The rocks had come up suddenly—in the blackness they’d appeared out of nowhere, and the wheels had clipped them at nearly 50 miles an hour, sending the SUV into a skidding corkscrew across the pavement and into the guard rail. The vehicle flipped about four times before grinding to a halt on the icy pavement.

The whole ordeal had taken less than four seconds, but to Danny it seemed like an eternity—like the SUV hung in the air and jolted them at a tortuous slow tempo. It was a miracle, but when the car settled, both of them were relatively unscathed. “Dad! Dad!” breathed Danny. “Are you alright?”

“I—I think so,” he struggled against his seatbelt. “My knee feels a little funny, but I don’t see any blood. How about you?”

“I’m okay,” he answered with a nervous laugh. It was then that he saw the twin beams of another vehicle rounding the bend ahead of them, going just as fast as they had been going. The way that they’d landed, their vehicle was blocking the oncoming lane of traffic, driver’s side facing the outside… in the path of the approaching vehicle.

“Dad? DAD!” screamed Danny. There was no time for either one of them to react. If the last part of the crash had been slow, this one was unbearable. The headlights grew until they were right next to the driver’s side door, shining into the car in one great flash of white light, lending the scene an almost surreal effect. All Danny remembered seeing last was his father’s eyes gazing into his, glazed over, as if they knew what was coming.

Danny…

I probably don’t need to say it, but that was when my whole life changed. They call it a downward spiral. I just couldn’t see how I could live without my dad—the man I had always looked up to, and turned to for advice. My mentor; and my best friend… I turned to drugs to fill the void he left within me to forget the pain, but when those didn’t satisfy me I looked to bettering myself on the athletic fields. Here was a place that I could forget about the trivial matters in life… even my father’s death. It was somewhere where I felt accepted, and it was a place my dad loved to see me… so it was like he was there, anyway. People would say sometimes during my freshman year that I would be able to pick any college in the country for football by my senior year, maybe even lacrosse… but after the accident, I had to miss my entire sophomore year of athletics in order to rehabilitate my broken body. It set me back in every regard by leaps and bounds.

But I didn’t want that tragedy to keep me down, so when I recovered, I let football and lacrosse consume me. I turned to steroids to speed the process. By the time the next season came around, I felt that I was in better shape than I ever had been before. I pushed everyone away to do this… my friends, my girlfriend, even my own mother. But I didn’t care--this would be where my life turned around again… but in the end I found that I kept sinking deeper into that abyss from which there wasn’t any coming back…

===Two Months Ago===

Clung!

“Holy Mother of— Danny, how much was that?” asked his linebacker coach in amazement, hardly believing what he was seeing. The high school junior sat up from the weight bench where he’d just re-racked the Olympic bar, which was noticeably bowing under the stress of his latest workout session.

“Only four hundred,” he said flatly, clearly unimpressed with his performance. “I’ve plateaued… I don’t know how to get out of this slump…” Danny was ripped with muscle now—a perfect specimen of body building. Though many knew how he had achieved such incredible feats since his accident, few people approached him about it, with fear of inciting his unpredictable anger.

Slump?!” asked Coach Kleiman, astounded. “Danny, you’re the strongest kid I’ve ever seen. I don’t know how you think—“

“It’s not enough. I’m not strong enough…”

Coach Kleiman looked around before he bent over to Danny. “Bullshit,” he snapped. “Danny, I’ve watched you balloon up since you came back here from rehab and it hasn’t stopped. I know how you’re doing this, and it needs to stop. You’re going to end up killing yourself, you know.”

Danny looked into nothingness for a moment. “Just what the hell would you know about me, anyway, Kleiman? You don’t know what I’ve been through…”

“Everyone’s lost someone dear to them—“

“That’s enough” said Danny coldly. He stood up sharply, piercing his coach with his gaze. “Don’t say another word, or you’ll be shitting your teeth for the next week. Don’t talk about my father. Ever

“Danny, I’m sorry…”

“Sorry doesn’t bring him back…” The boy walked out of the weight room toward the locker room, Coach Kleiman simply standing there in amazement. He might’ve stepped out of line by mentioning Danny’s father, but someone needed to do something. The boy was going to hurt himself, and possibly others with his habits. Though he wanted that State Championship… and believed that Stryker would be the one to deliver it to him on a silver platter. He decided that he would wait until after State Finals to say something to someone. This was an important year for the team, after all…

Stryker was nearly beside himself with rage—a potent rage that wasn’t characteristic of him at all. He’d heard all the precautionary stories about how steroids gave people “’roid rage”, but he never imagined that he’d be a victim to it. Not him. He was—

“Danny?” came a voice from behind him. A female voice.

The hulking boy snapped his head to the side, looking to see who it might be. “Cassie?” he asked. “What’re you doing in here? You know this is the guy’s locker room, right?”

Cassie Stewart was his gorgeous ex-girlfriend. After Danny had started his crusade to become an ultra-athlete, he hadn’t had time for her any more, but she still held on to the hope that Danny might someday realize the error of his ways and become the person she fell in love with again. But as time passed, it seemed that her patience was fading, and so was her hope.

Cassie always had a good head on her shoulders—unlike the other pretty girls at their school who would get drunk and sleep with anything that paid attention to them, Cassie was beautiful and smart, and seemed like the perfect person to have a relationship with. At least that’s how Danny thought before his father’s death… She smiled sweetly at the boy, who wore only a pair of gym shorts. “I know… but I’m a manager you know, so they let me come in here too.”

“Well what is it? I’m getting dressed here…” Danny pulled a tight black tee-shirt over his massive form—it didn’t do much to hide his gigantic physique.

“I just wanted to tell you good luck for your next game,” she said.

“Is that all? You haven’t come here to preach to me again?” he retorted rudely.

“I’m through preaching, Danny. I just want you to know that there are people out there that still care about you. Your mother is worried—“

“For the love of—you’re still talking to my mom? Cassie, leave her out of this.”

We’re worried,” she said, stepping closer and putting a comforting hand on his bicep. “We can’t stand to see you pull yourself apart like this.”

Danny looked down at her hand. A part of him wanted to take her in his arms again and kiss her brunette head, telling her that everything would be fine. But he knew that it wouldn’t—his problems wouldn’t just evaporate like that. Unfortunately, that’s not how Danny’s world worked. “I’m not pulling myself apart,” he said indignantly. “I feel more put-together than I ever have before… like everything is finally coming together in my favor.”

“But it’s not, Danny. You have to see that.”

“Why the hell are you so concerned, anyway?” he snapped. “We’re not together any more, in case you forgot!”

“You’re such a heartless bastard sometimes, Danny,” she said, tears rolling down her cheeks. “What happened to you? What happened to the person you used to be?”

“The paramedics got it wrong that night up there in those mountains, Cassie. Two people died in that car accident… That person you speak of? He died along-side my father that night…”
"Greatness is not measured by how well you speak of yourself, but how well others speak of you."

WedaScami
Enemy of the Republic

Post by WedaScami » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:36 pm

I would stay awake every night thinking about what was happening to me. I felt justified in my change, though. Like I had to prove something to everyone… Even my dead father. Who was I becoming? More importantly: who would I become? The answer to that would come in the most unexpected of forms. I didn’t know it yet, but my transformation since the accident had done more than simply change me, but also the paths that I chose to walk. I noticed that those paths were becoming darker and darker, and that with each step, it would be all-the-more difficult to get back to that pinprick of light which lay behind me on that path. The light which represented who I had been—seemingly a lifetime ago. Little did I know that in just a short time, that light would be all-but snuffed out…

Danny ran with what seemed like super-human speed down the field. His nostrils flared, his eyes blazed and clods of earth flew up behind him as he swept past the offensive line of the opposing team. He blitzed the gap between the right guard and tackle—both of whom were preoccupied with defensive linemen of their own. He could hear their grunting as they struggled against one another—muscle pitted against muscle, with only the desire within them deciding who would come out on top. It was only the fullback that protected his quarterback, and Danny Stryker would be damned if he let one person block him from the sack.

All around him, fans cheered and screamed his name. Cheerleaders with their glistening pom-poms danced in coordinated routines and spelled out their school name. Little children watched from the stands, wide-eyed and awe-struck. He was like a god out here on the gridiron. It made him feel good, like he was himself all over again. Of course none of that mattered at this particular moment. There was four seconds left in the game—it was fourth and five, and the score was 21-17 in favor of his team. If Danny could make this sack, they would defeat one of their biggest rivals in the county and set the tone for their quest to the state finals. It seemed that everything hung in the balance of this one play… and it fell solely on his shoulders.

The fullback charged into the gap which Danny was now careening through, attempting to plug up the hole left there by the linemen. Danny lowered his frame, launching his hands forward and snatching the opposing player by the shoulder pads. He jerked the kid sideways, literally throwing him out of the way. There was about five yards between he and the quarterback—five yards of open ground… and the quarterback was none the wiser. Danny resumed his charge, hearing the intensity of the crowd’s cheers build as they saw what’d just happened. He was here… he had the sack! He lowered his shoulders, aiming for the small of the quarterback’s back.

Danny hit the boy with all the strength he could muster, bending the player backwards and whipping his head around like a rag doll, flinging his helmet off from the shear velocity of the impact. He could hear the boy cry out as he was hit—something that made it all-the-more satisfying as he drove his shoulder into the boy’s back and into the ground. This was it—he’d won the game for his team!

The whistle blew, but something was wrong. The crowed had all but fallen silent as the referee in the end-zone trotted forward and raised both hands into the air. What?! This couldn’t be true? He was laying on top of the quarterback, who had had the ball—hadn’t he?

As he had fallen, the quarterback had managed to pitch the ball to his half back, who had run around the formation, unbeknownst to Danny. The player had gotten by their defensive end and into the end zone for the touchdown. The winning touchdown. Danny’s negligence had cost them the game…

“What the shit, Stryker?” came one of his teammates voices. Danny stood up in shock from over the quarterback, who was still lying face-down in the dirt. The trainers and team coach were already on their way out to see what kind of damage Danny had done to their player. “You could’ve stopped him!”

“Yeah, Stryker,” came another voice from the opposing team. “Way to go, hot-head. Way to lose it for your team.”

Danny’s head snapped toward his heckler, “Better shut your filthy mouth, before you end up like your quarterback,” he gestured toward the still-down player. He wasn’t moving. This shut the other player up, and he retreated toward the opposing sideline. Danny looked toward the scoreboard—21-23. It was over—the PAT didn’t even matter—they’d lost, and it was on his shoulders because he had wanted to make the spectacular hit.

“Stryker, for the love of God!” screamed his coach, throwing his clipboard and hat down, revealing his bald head. “What the hell were you thinking?!”

The ambulance came for the quarterback, who it was said might have a ruptured kidney. Needless to say, they wouldn’t be seeing him again that season… maybe not any other one, either. As the teams walked by one another, Danny didn’t bother shaking hands with the opposition. Instead, as their coach walked by he said coldly, “Hope you find another QB before regionals.” The boy smiled wickedly behind his facemask, then abruptly walked off into the locker room without the rest of the team.

When the they rejoined him, Danny was in a corner of the locker room, pads off, hands buried in his palms. “I failed…” he kept repeating, fighting back tears. “I failed you, dad…”

As the rest of the team filed out, Coach Kleiman approached Danny, saying, “So you made one mistake. Big deal. We’ll see them again in the play-offs, you know that. It’s how you pick yourself up from that mistake that really tests who you are.”

“Thanks for the bullshit pep talk, Coach,” said Danny in a muffled voice from between his palms, “But mistakes like that don’t get me recruited to the Ohio States or Clemsons, now do they?”

“Danny you recorded more tackles and sacks than anyone else on that field tonight. You can’t focus on the negatives—“

The boy shot up, planting his fist in the locker in front of him, which bent the door open, its contents falling out on the floor. “I only want perfection” he yelled, grinding his teeth. “Don’t you understand? It’s what I’ve been working so hard for this entire time…

“You know what?” asked Coach Kleiman, “Your attitude makes you a loose cannon out there, Stryker. Either check yourself or you’re not getting the start next game. Got that?” he was as calm as he could restrain himself to be. Danny was only a liability in his state. Maybe not starting would teach him a lesson in temperance.

F**k you, Coach.”

“Well, I guess you’ve made your decision. You’re on your way to self-destruction. You two close the doors behind you on your way out…” Without any further argument, Kleiman left the room. Danny waited until the door shut to let out a long, deafening yell of anger and hatred. Hatred for everyone… everything, it seemed. But what had Kleiman meant by “you two?”

“You finished?” came a cool, even voice from a row over. Danny calmed down long enough to poke his head over and see who it was. A dark-skinned boy with bushy dreg locks sat on the bench there, pearly white teeth contrasting starkly with his skin color. It was Kaleem Sanders the team’s free safety—“Special K” they called him, and only other person to rival Danny’s tackles and surpass him in interceptions for the season. The boy also happened to be Danny’s hook-up for his newest habit: anabolic steroids.

“Looks like that shit I been givin’ you’s really done the trick, ain’t it Danny?” he laughed with his characteristic, comical bellowing. “You hooked, ain’t ya?”

“What if I am?” asked Danny, face returning to its normal hue rather than the deep purple of rage. “What can you do about it now, anyway?”

“I just got some new shit in—stuff’s not supposed to be habit-formin’ or give you any of the side-effects, but twice as strong.”

“’Supposed to’ what am I, your guinea pig?”

“It’s 500 for ten milliliters.” He produced his duffel bag and patted it gently. “And it’s right here, too. Pretty convenient, huh?”

What?! You’re crazier than you look if you think I’m going to pay that kind of money for untested shit. Take that and get it out of my face. If you’re not even going to try it, I wont, either.”

“Whoa, whoa, hold on there, cracka,” said Kaleem, holding a palm up. “I’ll give you the first fix for free. If you still think I’m full of it, you don’t have to use it any more.”

“What’s the catch?”

“No catch, just results,” he smiled and started to take out his syringe, and finally lifted a tiny bottle of vile-looking black liquid from the bag. It swirled within the tube it seemed without Kaleem having to move it much. This was probably just an optical illusion, but it seemed as if it was pulsating in the vile. Upon closer inspection, it was laced with blood-red streaks as well.

“What the hell is that? Tar?”

“C’mon, doncha wanna show the coach that he’s makin’ a huge mistake not startin’ you in next week? Don’t you wanna make that sorry sonovabitch eat his words?”

“Yeah…”

“Take it.”

“How much?”

“All of it.”

“At one time?” Kaleem nodded slowly. “Shiiiiiiiit,” groaned Danny. “I swear, if this goo shrinks my balls—“ He filled the syringe slowly with the black-and-red elixir. “Where’d you get this stuff, anyway?”

“Foo, remember what I tole you? Neva ask me where I get this shit from. I gotta protect my people, you know what I’m sayin’?”

“I know what you’re saying. This stuff is just so… so different.” Responded Danny slowly, taking one last look at the filled needle. This was more than he’d ever taken in one dose before. He just wanted to make sure he wasn’t getting steroids with a side of heroine or some other crazy drug laced in. At least he’d been smart enough never to inject that poison into himself before… and he wasn’t about to start now.

“One thing I will say is that they guaranteed complete satisfaction,” said Sanders with his characteristic smile.

Danny looked away as he pressed the needle into his vein on his right forearm. He never liked to look when he injected the stuff. It made him queasy. “They always guarantee complete satisfaction…” reminded Danny, feeling the prick of the cold steel as it slid into his body. He took a deep breath, and then pushed the plunger steadily inward until the syringe was completely empty. At first he felt nothing, just a little light-headed.

“Did they say there were any immediate side-effects?” he asked in earnest, feeling his fingers beginning to tingle.

“They said it depended upon the person’s physiology—whatever the hell that means. Usually a little light-headed, then some tingling in the limbs, maybe a little queasiness.”

“A little queasiness?” repeated Stryker, holding his stomach, “I feel like I’m going to throw up my intestines. Where’s the trash—“ he lurched forward before he could finish his sentence and emptied the contents of his stomach onto the floor… twice. “What… the… shit?” he breathed.

“Jesus, man!” said Sanders, recoiling. “Guess you’re taking it a little hard. Here’s a trash can.” Special K slid a can over to Danny, whose face was still dripping from the last volley of vomit. As he grasped the edges of the receptacle, he noticed that the veins in the arm he shot up on were bulging, and turning a deep black—almost as black as the stuff he’d injected.

“Wh—what’d you give me you dumbass?” asked Danny, the chill of fear stinging him. It nearly stopped his heart, which he clutched at frantically, ripping his shirt off. The black veins had spread up into his chest, and he continued to vomit uncontrollably. He was dry heaving now, collapsed to all fours, he felt as though he was about to pass out. When suddenly, he vomited again, only this time it was a mass of red and black, similar to that which he had just injected into himself.

“Wh—what the hell?” stammered Kaleem. “Oh my God…”

Danny responded in a voice that was strikingly similar to his, but sounded almost demonic. He looked at Kaleem with an empty gaze moaning, “God has nothing to do with this…”

The mass that Danny had just emptied onto the floor had sprouted tentacles and was wriggling like a fish out of water, its tendrils whipping the air and cracking as they broke the sound barrier. One caught Danny’s arm and slashed it—the wound seemed to heal almost instantly. The boy heaved again, and an even larger mass poured out onto the floor, half of it still dangling from the linebacker’s throat. “Call… the paramedics!” he said in his hideous voice again, though slurred by the sludge hanging from his mouth.

It was as if he’d spewed Satan out onto the floor. The pulsating mass was growing larger by the second; its tentacles slicing Danny open as they formed razor-sharp teeth along every tendril. The boy tried with his failing strength to pull the mass out of his throat, but it simply covered his hands and slid away. He tried to stand, but to his horror, the thing pulled him back down toward it, tentacles encircling his head and pulling him in closer, cutting at him, crawling up his arms and chest.

Through you… I am made anew…

“Ugh!” grunted Danny, his muscles bulging in his last desperate struggle for precious air… and freedom. “HWELP!!!” he cried out through the sludge. Sanders was still there, but he’d grabbed a broom from a nearby closet and was attempting to prod at the… being.

Those that hinder me will pay the price…

The mass shot several limb-thick arms at Sanders, one piercing his shoulder and pinning him to the wall with such a force as to knock him unconscious. The limbs shrunk back to Danny, who still ripped at the beast that threatened to engulf him. At last, Danny was finally succumbing. His strength was all but spent, and the last thoughts that ran through his mind didn’t seem to be his own. Dagger-like fangs extended from Danny’s mutating jaw, forming a hideous-skull like demonic face with a jagged eye that bent up the length of his forehead on the right side. The tentacles formed around his body, whipping at random all around his body. He looked at his hands with the eye that had not been covered, and they too were mutated into monstrous talons of the same ever-shifting red and black color the rest of his body had taken on. It looked as though he’d been turned inside-out… but for some reason the pain was going away.

As the last bit of his body was covered he let out a hellish roar that again was not his own. He opened his raptor-like jaws wider and intensified his shrieking, but soon he found that that roar had turned to… laughter? It was a sinister laugh, one that was laden with hatred and cynicism for everything. It was as if Danny’s inner demon had emerged to take control of him once and for all… Just as suddenly as it had begun, everything went black, and Danny could remember no more…

“What do you make of this?” asked the police officer, holding an empty bottle of about 10 milliliters up with a gloved hand and shining his light into it so that the detective could see.

“I’m thinking the drugs were in there,” the detective said. “Was he the only one we found?”

The police officer nodded at the boy curled up in the fetal position on the floor in the corner, shoulder pierced clean through, but without explanation. The officer nodded, “Yeah, but it looks like there might’ve been someone else here, too. No one just throws themself up against a wall and runs a broom stick through their shoulder.”

“We don’t know what kind of drugs we’re dealing with here, either. I can’t smell or taste anything familiar. In fact, I can’t smell or taste anything at all. Maybe we can run a blood test on that syringe,” suggested the detective.

“Well what’ve we gotten out of the kid?” two paramedics were just lifting Sanders onto the stretcher as the officer inquired about him. Various people from the precinct were snapping pictures of the scene for evidence and to reconstruct the scenario later.

“Why don’t you try?” asked the detective, a look of complete skepticism on his face.

The officer walked over, motioning for the paramedics to stop. He spoke slowly and deliberately. “Kaleem, I want you to listen to me very carefully… can you tell me anything about what happened here last night?”

The boy mumbled something, causing them all to draw closer. “What was that?” encouraged the officer. “Could you repeat that?”

Kaleem’s face went blank and his eyes stared into oblivion, his breathing quickened, and he began to shiver uncontrollably. “Carnage…
"Greatness is not measured by how well you speak of yourself, but how well others speak of you."

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:54 pm

OOC:
Weda, all I can say is that was friggin awesome!

IC:
Kyle shook his head.
"I'm no assassin. I guess you could call me something of a vigilante."

He eyed her questioningly. She was beautiful. However, that thing connected to her wasn't. And she had just mentioned two separate entities from herself.
"You mentioned Toxin. As in the Toxin? The symbiote that used to be connected to Patrick Mulligan of the NYPD?"

His eyes narrowed.
"And who is the other one?"

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:11 am

“Patrick Mulligan?” Melody said. “Yes he recognizes the name, he’s very happy you know it.” she smiled softly “He misses Patrick, has a lot of his memories and thoughts still inside them, but he doesn’t seem to want to share them with me, not just yet.” She giggled a little. “He’s like a child really. I remember, no I don’t remember he does but I know, this time when he accidentally broke Patrick’s new laptop. He was so worried he was going to punished, its funny really a creatures of his power being scared of a scolding.” He laughed again.

“The other though, he doesn’t find this funny, he rarely finds anything funny.” Her expression turned into a badly hidden frown “We all have our keepers though don’t we?” her clothing shifted again, she enjoyed doing it, and she knew it drove the boys crazy.

“I’ve been a cop, a reporter, a husband and a wife, I’ve been a hero, a villain, a protector and a murder.” She licked her lips. “Yes Toxin is my stabilizing force, he gives me power unprecedented in any other symboite and he protects me from the other.” She approached the boy, “I use his name, the name of Venom”

“Grandfather, Venom, he’s not the same as he used to be.” She bathed in the moonlight as the costume changed into her standard tight leather, form fitting costume. “I was raised a catholic, went to catholic school… Grandfather knows all that I know, and he can even pull things from my memory that I have forgotten. He has a quote, from the Old Testament I believe, to describe vigilantes like your self… and he loves to use it when I question his motives. it goes like this;

I lift my hand to heaven and declare:
As surely as I live forever, when I sharpen my flashing sword and my hand grasps it in judgment, I will take vengeance on my adversaries and repay those who hate me.

I will make my arrows drunk with blood, while my sword devours flesh: the blood of the slain and the captives, the heads of the enemy leaders.” She laughed, loudly and uncontrollably. It was enough to scare most people to have a quote such as that recited and then have the person laugh.

”I’m so sorry about that.” She said still giggling. “Toxin said he prefers ‘How Many Miles to Babylon’.” She giggled again, a cute and innocent sound of a little girl. And she Began:
“How many miles to Babylon?
Three score and ten.
Can I get there by candlelight?
Aye, and back again.
If your feet are nimble and light,
You'll get there by candlelight.

Some people make claims that this a degenerate version of the rhyming dialogue for a very old children's game, which involved running from one place to another and back again. The game is now completely lost, and the rhyme has become distorted into mere nonsense.,” Melody added “I however like to think it has some sort of meaning.” She winked, “Think about it, there is a reason Toxin picked it I’m sure.”

She walked up to the boy again and looked at his chest, and the crest on it, “Bat, bat, come under my hat
For here's a slice of bacon
When I bake, I'll give you a cake
If I am not mistaken.”

She gently placed her finger on the crest and followed its outline. “Will you come back with me? And talk to the others.” She asked her voice sweet as honey.
Domani, forget domani

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:09 pm

OOC: Once again, Weda....pure awesome sauce right there, and by request I am moving everyone back to the HQ

IC:

The motorcycle roared towards the warehouse as Patriot sat behind Aftershock on the bike, her arms wrapped around his waist.

Marty turned the bike around one last corner and drove into a large open area next to the warehouse. "Let's get inside," he said to Patriot, "I think I saw Nuzy grab something from those thugs."

The two walked into the warehouse where they saw John already out of his suit and Izzy sitting at the table. Marty glanced around the room, "Where's Melody?"

Then shaking it off he approached the table and grabbed a seat at the end of the table. "So, John," he asked as he put his feet up on the table, "Get anything from those thugs?"

WedaScami
Enemy of the Republic

Post by WedaScami » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:11 pm

OOC: Thank y'all! I've been busy this week, but I just got done with this one.

IC:

“Danny…”

The boy’s eyes flickered open, the sound of a horrifyingly-familiar voice touching his ears. “D-dad?” he asked into nothingness.

“Why don’t you save me, Danny?”

The high-schooler’s breath was taken away—how could this be happening? He was lying on his side, blood trickling into his eyes. He couldn’t tell if it was his or not—across from him, his father stared into his face, piercing him with lifeless eyes that seemed detached from the world. The man was still suspended from the ceiling, his jammed seat belt holding him firmly in place. Broken glass crunched around him, and the smell of gasoline and blood filled his nostrils. Danny was aware of an acute pain in his knee… then a pang of terror struck him. His blood went cold as he realized where he was, living that night over again.

Hold on, I’ll save you, Dad!” he screamed, struggling against the pain and shock. “Please don’t die… not again!

“You’re not going to save me,” said his father, rage creeping into his voice. “You’re too weak!

“What?...” breathed Danny, his struggle subsiding as he was taken aback by his father’s accusation. “Wh-why could you say that?”

“You’re such a disappointment,” said his father, his lifeless eyes staring on into oblivion. It was as if he was already dead, yet he still spoke. Blood gurgled in his throat as he spoke now, “I’m dead because of you.”

“No…”

“Yes! You should be the one that’s dead!

“Dad, please,” Danny said, choking back tears. “You can’t mean that.”

Then his father’s voice changed, the man lurching forward as the pair of headlights neared the side of the wrecked SUV. His voice had taken on a demonic tone, yet remained somewhat similar to his own. The man’s teeth grew longer, and sickening coils of crimson and black crept from around his form, latching onto skin and pulling itself further along, covering his body. “I WiSh YOu’D neVer bEEn BoRN!

The creature that was formerly his father reached a monstrous, deformed hand forward, threatening to slash at the boy to ribbons. “NoW yoU’RE miNe, DANNY!” The creature’s laugh was the stuff nightmares were made of—borne of the very pits of Hell itself. Danny closed his eyes, hoping it would all go away.

“I don’t want to die…”

DaNnY!

Danny…

Danny…

Danny Stryker!” Danny’s head shot up, his face a study in terror, his hands clenching the sides of the desk for dear life, knuckles white. He was sweating, and his heart rate had skyrocketed. He looked so stressed, those around him wondered if he was about to have an aneurism.

“What the hell? Where am I?”

“Mr. Stryker, that’s the fifth time this week I’ve had to wake you up from your slumber!” wailed his English teacher, the 350-pound, muumuu wearing, white-haired, middle-aged woman that thought she knew anything about everything. “I will not tolerate this disrespect! You’re to report to the office immediately!

The class of thirty or so stared at him, some of them laughing, others remaining silent, smirks spread across all their faces. Seeing Danny Stryker in trouble in Ms. Henry’s class was a regular occurrence, but this time seemed particularly odd, given the state he’d woken up in.

“Come up here, Mr. Stryker,” ordered Ms. Henry, the woman swiftly jotting a note down on a pink slip of paper. It was his ticket to the office. “I don’t know what’s gotten into you lately, but I wont’ have you wasting my time while I’m up here teaching any more.”

“Whatever,” sighed Danny, getting up from his chair. He did everything he could to hide the sense of bewilderment and disorientation he felt at that moment. He grabbed his backpack and shoved his things into it. “Just gimme the damn slip.”

“You will not speak to me like that!” scolded the plump lady, neck rolls giggling as she spoke sharply. Danny approached, not bothering to look at her as he snatched the slip from her chubby fingers. “I’m going to call your mother and we’re going to sit down and have a nice long talk, young man! I don’t know how that woman’s been raising you!”

Danny stopped on his way out the door. Dead. One could hear the collective hissing as the class sucked in air sharply through their teeth. “What did you just say?” he asked, not turning around but cocking his head sideways.

“We’re going to find out how your home life is affecting your school work.”

The entire class stared at Danny to see his reaction. He turned, walking over to his teacher, whom was seated, and leaned over her in a position of dominance, “Leave my family out of this. My mother has nothing to do with how I am… If you ever

“Are you threatening me, Mr. Stryker?” her stubbornness not allowing her to betray the fear that crept down her spine to the class, and to the student that loomed over her now.

“No. I’m promising you that if you ever bring my family up again, I won’t be responsible for my actions. Do we under-f#%king-stand one another?” He glared at her for a moment, just to let her know that he meant every word of what he’d just said. He didn’t wait for her response as he turned sharply, exiting the room and heading for the main office. As he walked, he came to the realization that he hadn’t any idea how he’d gotten to school that day... or that week for that matter. Hadn’t Ms. Henry said he’d been asleep in her class the last five days? The last thing he remembered, he was in the locker room after blowing the game that Friday night and then… nothing. It was all grey—he didn’t remember the rest of the night, the weekend, nothing. It was as if he’d warped through time and landed in school on… what day was it, even?

He stopped for a moment to collect his thoughts, rubbing his face with both hands. Danny felt strung out, as if he’d been up for days without sleep. He noticed a freshman walking by, and grabbed his arm sharply, bringing him closer. “What day is it?” he demanded.

“Hey! Let go!” snapped the scrawny little kid.

“Just tell me the date,” responded Danny, releasing the freshman from his grip.

“It’s Friday, September 21st—you have a game tonight, remember? ‘Cept you’re not playing.”

Danny looked down at himself. He was wearing his jersey; something the team only did on game days. “I lost an entire week,” he breathed in disbelief. “What in God’s Name happened to me?”

“What?” asked the freshman.

“Nothing,” murmured Danny, walking away swiftly toward the office. He would never admit it, but he was scared. Sweat beaded on his forehead, and his pace quickened. He knew they were just going to preach some worthless bullshit to him about how he should respect authority, focus on his studies, and so on, then make him sit in the office until the period was over and send him on his way. This was almost routine; and since no one really wanted to give him a hard time, that was often times the end of it.

He walked through the cavernous halls of the high school until he rounded a corner that opened up in to a larger, great main hall that ran down the center of the building and boasted ceilings that rivaled the height of most cathedrals. Right in the middle of this hall was the main office, which was marked by a row of giant windows and super market-like sliding doors. People were always rushing in and out of the place, as it served as the central nervous system for the school. As the boy walked through the main entryway, he noticed that the principal, Mr. Spalding, and the school’s cop, Deputy Boyd, were already standing there waiting for him—including another man in a beige trench coat whom Danny did not recognize.

Mr. Spalding approached Danny quickly, “Danny—we were just talking about you. I hadn’t sent word for you yet… how did you know?” Mr. Spalding was one of the few people in the school that Danny felt like he could trust… even over the school councilors, who just tried to use their Masters in psychology as leverage to figure out everything “wrong” with him… which always ended up in being a bunch of psychobabble bullshit. Mr. Spalding had lost his father when he was in high school, too, and had gone through a rough period for a few years right after. He’d explained to Danny during his many visits to the office that he’d experimented with drugs at that point, blaming himself for what’d happened. The principal was the only person Danny allowed to bring up what had happened to his father. They were connected, in a way, and that was comforting to the boy.

Danny tucked the pink slip in his pocket slowly, “Just, uh, coincidence, I guess?” he shrugged, smiling innocently.

“Don’t tell me you’re in trouble with Ms. Henry again,” accused Mr. Spalding, sighing heavily.

“What’s all this about?” asked Danny, changing the subject quickly and peering over Mr. Spalding’s shoulder to the two men standing behind him.

Spalding turned, gesturing toward the men, “Danny, I’m sure you already know Deputy Boyd,” the man remained expressionless, nodding to Danny. “And this is Detective Chavez.” The two shook hands, nodding to one another.

“Detective?” asked Danny, stepping back and trying not to let worry creep into his voice. “What’s this all about?”

“We just want to ask you a few questions concerning what happened to Kaleem Sanders here last Friday night. We had heard that you were the last person to see him before he was attacked, Danny.”

Suddenly—a flash of memory. Danny held his head, squinting as something came back. He remembered being in a rage after the game… talking to Sanders about… something

“You alright, son?” asked the detective.

“Yeah, I’m straight,” responded the boy quickly with a sniff, straightening his jersey. “I’ve not been feeling well lately.”

“We heard—why don’t we all go back into the conference room and have a talk, shall we?” The detective was trying to put on a friendly front, but Danny could see in his eyes that he felt as though he’d already found his man. Trouble was, Danny couldn’t remember a thing about that night. It would look suspicious, anyway, even if he had nothing to do with whatever happened.

The detective waved Deputy Boyd off as the three of them entered the conference room. They all made their way around the large table inside, Danny taking a seat at the head while Mr. Spalding was at his right, and Detective Chavez was at his left. The detective produced a small tape recorder at this point, looking at Danny, “If you don’t mind, I’m going to record our conversation, just for my records.”

“Am I being charged with something?” asked Danny.

“No, no,” said the detective, waving a dismissive hand in front of him. “Mr. Spalding and I have been interviewing people all morning, trying to find out what happened last Friday. No charges have been filed yet—we’d tell you if they were and suggest that you get a lawyer.”

“Mr. Spalding?” asked Danny, looking at the principal in earnest.

“He’s telling the truth, Danny. Just relax,” said the man. “Just tell him everything and get this over with.”

“Okay,” agreed Danny.

Detective Chavez nodded, smiling. Danny could sense that he wasn’t as friendly as his face might suggest. He would tread lightly here. “You’re aware of what happened to Kaleem Sanders last Friday night, correct?”

“I’ve heard some things,” Danny lied. “I haven’t seen Kaleem yet, but you know how people exaggerate these things.” This part was mostly true. Kaleem was in Danny’s English class with Ms. Henry, and Danny hadn’t seen the boy there that day, even though he was in shock as he awoke.

The detective laughed, “Sure, sure. So what happened after the game?”

“I was pissed about losing the game for us,” responded Danny, keeping a cool head. He remembered this vaguely now. “Coach Kleiman and I got in an argument and I said some things that I probably shouldn’t have.”

“That’s what he said,” affirmed Chavez. “Could you tell me what you said?”

“He tried to give me some advice and I threw it in his face. I was just pissed, ya know? I didn’t want to hear anything anyone had to say after what had happened.”

“Naturally. So did you see Sanders there afterward too?”

“Yeah,” said Danny. “He was getting undressed when I was leaving. I’m not sure why he stayed so long, but when Coach left he told us to close the door behind us.”

“How long did you stay with Sanders after Coach Kleiman left?”

“Five, maybe ten minutes. Just long enough for me to get dressed and leave.” Here was where Danny was starting to fabricate his story. He didn’t remember what’d happened between he and Sanders. It was all just a blur until today.

“Did you two say anything to one another?”

“Yeah, he tried to calm me down. Kaleem always has a way of defusing tense situations. He’s a real… people person, I guess. Gets down on your level and reasons with you. ‘S why everyone likes him.”

“Well apparently someone doesn’t,” said Detective Chavez. They messed him up pretty good—more than physically, too.

“What?” asked Danny, genuinely surprised. It was good that he didn’t know what was going on, because he really sold the disbelief.

“Do you know what ‘Carnage’ is, Danny?” asked Chavez.

Carnage…

“Uh, no? Unless you mean the word, Carn—“

“No,” said the detective. “It’s just something… Well, I’m not allowed to discuss the details with you, I was just curious. Fortunately, your mother’s story collaborates with yours so you’re free to go. Thank you for your time.”

“That’s all?” asked Danny, relieved.

Chavez nodded. “If we need anything else, we’ll contact you.” He collected his things and began to leave the room.

“Good luck on the investigation, Detective,” said Mr. Spalding with a wave.

“We’ll be in touch,” said Chavez with a smile as he shut the door.

“That wasn’t so bad, was it, Danny?” asked Spalding.

“No… just a little weird,” said Danny.

“Danny—there’s something else,” said his principal. “Something that the detective didn’t ask you, but I want to know.”

“What is it?”

“We’d heard that Kaleem was using steroids,” he said grimly. “The reason why no one has been implicated is because that might have something to do with Kaleem’s attack. But I’ve also heard that you’ve been using…”

“What—“ started Danny in protest.

“Look, I haven’t said anything to anyone about this because I know what you’re going through, but I want you to take a drug test. It’ll be completely private—I just want to know for my own conscience that it doesn’t have anything to do with this… at least as far as you’re concerned.”

“Who would accuse me of it, though?” asked Danny. “I think I’m allowed to know my accuser.”

“Coach Kleiman was concerned…”

“Kleiman…” muttered Danny. “That guy wouldn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground. This is ridiculous.” Danny’s insides were churning. He tried not to let his voice waver, but he knew that he was already sweating from the stressful turn of events. Having not recalled an entire week was a scary prospect. It didn’t seem to matter now, however. If they tested him for steroids, he would test positive. One thing he did remember was taking steroids that Friday…

Steroids… Something about it triggered a flicker of something, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. One thing was for sure, when the drugs appeared on the test, his athletic career was over for good. No college scholarships, no NCAA, nothing. And to top it all off, he was struggling in school now. It was all turning out to be a Category 5 shitstorm for him that day. “Fine, I’ll take your piss test,” said Danny sharply. “I can’t believe this. I thought you could trust me, Mr. Spalding?”

“It’d put my mind at ease,” said the man, genuinely concerned.

“Fine,” agreed the boy. “Let’s get this over with.”

One word hung in the back of the boy’s mind that seemed to sum up his current state of being: Shit…

WedaScami
Enemy of the Republic

Post by WedaScami » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:56 pm

“He’s clean,” announced the school nurse, not bothering to hide her skepticism. She’d gotten done with her task at amazing speed—that same day. It seemed as though she was in a hurry to get done with her task just to put the death sentence on Danny. Lucky enough for him, her plan had backfired.

“Outstanding,” said Mr. Spalding, clapping Danny on the shoulder. “See? Nothing to worry about…”

“Th-that’s great,” said Danny with a relieved smile. He didn’t know how it had happened, but he didn’t have a trace of steroids in his body. It must’ve been a miracle. Someone up there must really like him. “Well, seeing as how I’m done here, I’m heading back to class.” Danny never thought he’d ever be saying those words. The walk back to class was strange. It was right in the middle of a change in class period—the last one for the day, but somehow everything seemed surreal. It was as though Danny was walking through a dream. His friends would approach and say hi, and Danny would walk off muttering a response or not bothering to say anything at all. Most of them weren’t really his friends, anyway—they were just there trying to feed off his success. As if being acquainted with him would suddenly make them more popular.

Then one of his best friends, Will, stopped him. The two played lacrosse together, and had been friends since the 5th grade. Will was a genuine, caring person, and would sometimes talk to Danny about how their lives had changed, and how he didn’t like the path Danny was starting to walk down. Danny put very much weight in Will’s words, as they always seemed to be filled with a certain wisdom not common even in some adults. “What’s going on, Danny?” he asked casually. “I haven’t heard from you much lately.”

“You know, I’ve been here and there,” said Danny vaguely. “Busy mostly.”

“Aren’t we all…” said Will. “Anything wrong?”

“I’ve been having a really weird day… really weird.”

“Hey, tell me about it later, man. I’m gonna be late for class. Nice Under Armour, by the way!” Will waved as he walked off with a broad grin, getting lost in the crowd of people.

Under Armour? Danny looked down, lifting his jersey away from his body. He looked down along his chest and stomach to reveal a black-and-red, shiny skin-tight shirt that covered the contours of his body extremely well. As if it had been tailored to fit him. The problem was, he didn’t own any such shirt, nor did he believe that anything like this existed on the market. It proved to be yet another absurd development in this already-bizarre week.

It was then that a flash of something plagued his mind. He percieved the hideous demonic creature from his nightmare again, grinning at him through rows of countless teeth, then unleashing a deafening roar. The vision went away in an instant, but Danny had noticed something horrible about it… the demon appeared to be composed of the very material his shirt was made of.

Oh God…

Danny sprinted toward the exit. He didn’t know what drove him, but somehow he knew he had to leave this place before something terrible happened. It was like an instinct, as if his survival depended on leaving immediately. People stared as he flashed past them with unusual speed and agility, even for him. The large boy skated past people with amazing quickness, careful not to hit anyone on his way out. When he finally reached the exit, a crowd of people were already watching him. “What’re you all looking at?” he hissed. Danny threw the door open into the afternoon air, darting out of the entryway. He was going to sort this out, one way or another. He had no idea how this shirt had gotten on him, but he was determined to get some answers.

Venom…

Stryker stopped suddenly in his dead sprint. His momentum was still moving forward, however, and he tumbled to the ground violently, tearing his jersey on the asphalt of the road in front of the school. He lay there, paralyzed momentarily, staring up into the pale blue sky above. It was so peaceful… in stark contrast to the turmoil that raged within him. That word… or name… whatever it was, Venom. He didn’t know how to explain it, but he abhorred it. The thought of it made him want to claw out his eyes. Danny shook with rage, veins jutting out of his forehead and neck. He hated thinking of that despicable word… but wasn’t quite sure why. Suddenly, his body convulsed, he cried out in a amalgam of anger and anguish, and his vision slowly faded away…

You’re an amazing creature…Yet you still don’t remember who you are.

“Where’s Venom?!” shouted a voice… his own?

“So… you’re recovering, I see. Now tell me: how do you know that name already?”

“He’s the only thing I need to remember,” he found himself growling. Everything was still black, but somehow he was talking. A million thoughts ran through his head… none of them seemed to be his own. Things that… someone had done. But they were only fleeting ones; flashes of some distant memories, though none-the-less horrific. Thoughts of death, destruction, Carnage…

He felt himself stand, his vision returning slowly. He perceived that he was on the roof of a tall building, with many others around jutting up around. It was nighttime, and a cool breeze washed over him, lending him a pacifying feeling. The atmosphere was like a soothing medicine—the soft lights of the city at night, shadows playing off the buildings around them… sounds of the traffic below. It was as if everything was alive around him, and it invigorated him.

“Your strength is returning faster than I anticipated,” said the voice. As of yet, Danny had been unable to pair the voice with a face… or even a figure. “You must have bound faster than I thought.”

“What are you talking about?” asked Danny—he seemed to be in control of his own thoughts and actions now. He found that he was not afraid, either. It was as if whatever had given him this strength also gave him courage and assuredness, as well as an unnatural confidence to stand up to this stranger.

“You know, Danny,” started the voice. “You’ve been given a very special power, you know. And not by coincidence, either—I might add. The symbiotes are very selective in who they pick as a host. You should be honored.”

“I might be if I knew what the hell you were talking about,” responded Danny. “And how do you know my name?”

“Amnesia… a common side-effect of the binding. It might wear off in time, but it differs depending on the biological makeup of the host. And I know a lot about you, Danny. It’s been my job to watch over you after the symbiote selected you.”

Danny turned toward the voice, pivoting on a heel and looking upward. Perched on an air conditioning unit, kneeling down, was a young man, probably no older than 25. He was covered from head to toe in some sort of elaborate body armor. The black ensemble looked as thought some ultra-advanced technology had gone into developing it, as it seemed to fit the young man like a glove. The only visible weapon he brandished was a sheathed ninjato. His body was entirely covered save his face, which appeared ghostly white, to match the hair that stuck out at odd intervals from the back of his headgear—the visor of which was tilted up to reveal his entire face.

“Some job you’re doing,” sniffed Danny sarcastically. “Who are you, anyway?”

“My name’s not important. It’s what I do that concerns you,” answered the man coolly. He stood slowly, looking down on Danny. “I’ve been known by many names in so many places. Too many that I care to recount; but I’ve taken a liking to ‘The Jackal’, so you can just call me Jack.”

“Alright Jack,” said the boy, looking up at the man with steely eyes. “What’s the meaning of all this, anyway?”

“I’ve come to offer you my help,” answered the armor-clad man. “To help you bring out the power you’ve been given.”

“Yeah, I was just about to ask… what are you going on about all this ‘binding’ and such?”

“Look at yourself,” Jack pointed down to Danny’s body.

The boy looked down, noticing immediately that his jersey was gone. The same peculiar garment he wore before was still there, however, and it glinted slightly in the bright light of the full moon overhead. “That’s no ordinary garment,” continued Jack. “Simply the form it chose to take on in order to ‘hide’ itself from view. That shirt is as much a part of you now as your hair… or your fingernails.”

“So you’re here to make sure I can wear a super-powered shirt right?” laughed Danny. “Thanks, but I don’t even notice anything different. I think your shirt’s broken.”

Jack didn’t seem amused, even when he smirked, Danny knew it was one that seemed to tell him, ‘you ignorant little fool, you don’t know a thing…’ Without another word, the man swiftly unsheathed his sword, the ringing of the metal as it escaped its cover was like a terrible, but beautiful, music. He held the weapon down at his side, the smirk still present on his face. He began to speak, his words exuding calm and repose, “Your gift will only assert itself out of necessity now… but in time you will learn to control it as you control any of your talents. You will be in beautiful harmony with one another, and the fear you create will pierce the hearts of your enemies like a newly-whetted blade.”

Danny stared at the man, the inkling of fear threatening to creep into him now. “Wh-what are you talking about?”

The Jackal raised his blade and pointed it at Stryker. “Let me show you.”

The man leapt off his ledge, arcing upward and into the light of the full moon. He corkscrewed in midair as he ascended, blade whirling around him like a deadly top. Danny was awestruck at the spectacle, and barely had time to move before Jack landed. The armor-clad man came down with a grace of a dancer, and as soon as his feet touched the ground he bound forward toward Danny, sword grasped firmly in both hands. It didn’t take long for the high schooler to realize what his intent was. “What the hell are you doing?!” he cried.

Jack was on him in milliseconds, and his first swing was at Danny’s neck. The boy ducked under the blade just in time to have a few of his hairs sheared off with a vicious swipe that cut the air like butter. The next swipe was a diagonal slash across Danny’s chest, which split the shirt he was wearing, as well as the skin underneath—the cut wasn’t very deep, but it was extremely long. “Gah!” cried Danny in pain. “S-stop it!”

Jack kicked Danny so that the teenager fell over backwards, clutching at the wound that ran across his chest. He stopped then, holding his blade at the ready. “Then stop me. If you cannot defend yourself then perhaps the symbiote has made a mistake. Perhaps you’re too weak for it.” He leapt forward, sword pointed downward, threatening to impale Danny if the blow landed. There was nothing he could do, it seemed, but lie there and accept his fate. The pain was too intense… he never imagined that it would end like this.

No!” he cried, holding both hands over his face as his assailant bore down on him. Without warning or preemption, his shirt seemed to explode, a thousand tendrils of sickly red and black lashing out from his torso toward the falling opponent. The tentacles intercepted Jack in midair, encircling his entire body like a horde of pythons and heaving him into a nearby metal vent cover with enough force to badly damage it. He collapsed to the ground with a grunt—even he would admit that he’d been taken off guard.

Danny lie on the ground, wide-eyed. The tentacles shrunk back into his shirt, a few still wriggling about his form and throwing flecks of black and red slime off of him at random. The shirt seemed to expand now, repairing the slash in the center of it and engulfing his legs. The boy stood now, allowing the transformation to take place—he was scared, but for some inexplicable reason this felt right. A new, horrific strength flowed through him now, and tasting it made him want more. The slimy substance slid over his shoulders, wrapping around his bulging deltoids and tightening on his flesh with a wet, slurping noise. The slick, oily being that was engulfing him reached his hands now, mutating them in to hideous talons.

Suddenly, Danny remembered what had happened in the locker room a week before. Sanders had given him the syringe of untested “steroids” and this same beast had overtaken him. Yet this time he was not afraid, and none of the pain from his first transformation was present. It felt good, in fact. As the being crept up his neck, Danny saw Jack kick up into a standing position, his sword held aloft.

“At last you reveal your true self, Danny…” he spoke, wiping a bit of blood from he corner of his mouth.

“There’s no Danny here!” he shouted with a maniacal laugh. He reached both hands behind his head, grasping fistfuls of the symbiote in both claws, and pulled them forward over his head like a mask. The skeletal lizard-like demon face covered Danny’s own, slavering jaws opening to unleash a hellish, sadistic laugh. “Just… CaRnaGE!

“Good,” laughed Jack. “We’ll see how you control yourself, then.” He bounded forward, directly at Carnage, though this time, instead of attacking him directly, he bounded to the side with blinding speed, darting in for a deadly stroke. Carnage reacted quickly, turning and swiping at his opponent with both claws. He missed, allowing Jack to stab the beast in the side. The demon howled as Jack flipped backwards, out of reach of the beast.

Not so fast, you pest!” it yelled, left hand turning into a tentacle and stretching out with lightning speed toward Jack. The limb wrapped around the man’s foot, causing him to crash to the ground. Seeing that he’d snared his prey, Carnage retracted his limb, Jack tangled within. As the armored ninja neared him, Carnage raised a talon, slashing at his chest. Sparks flew as the blow connected, rolling Jack over from the force of it. “Mechanical enhancements, hm” asked Carnage, “What are you, some sort of cyborg ninja?

“Something like that,” answered Jack as he sliced off the tentacle that bound his foot. Carnage wailed again, leaping at his attacker, arms raised to attack. When he landed, he drove toward Jack, arms flailing as he tried to connect a blow. The agile man ducked and dodged every swipe, using his cybernetics to increase his reactions and speed. Carnage backed Jack steadily against a wall, and just when it seemed as though the ninja was cornered, he took to the air and landed on a nearby ledge out of harm’s way.

“Now that you know how to transform,” spoke Jack, looking toward his opponent. “You must learn how to control it. The symbiote is a part of you now… and can therefore mold itself to any shape you may desire.”

Carnage laughed at this. “Thanks for the tip!” His hands both formed into long spikes, which he plunged into the roof in front of him. It didn’t take long for the desired effect to take place—the tendrils shot under the roof, then up onto the ledge where Jack stood, exploding concrete and metal outward as they resurfaced and snagged the cyborg’s ankles. “Gotcha! HAhahaHahhaha!!” Carnage tugged on his arms, yanking Jack back through the hole in the roof he’d just created, splintering the roofing as he did so. When he brought him back up, Carnage held Jack aloft like a doctor holds a newborn, the ninja struggling against the beast’s impossible strength. The being let go with one arm, forming it into a massive spiked ball. “This is handy” he yelled, smashing Jack in the ribs again and again. After a few blows, Carnage tossed the cyborg aside, his hands forming back into their normal state.

Jack landed gracefully, even after the beating he’d just taken. “Bastard,” he breathed, “You’re a fast learner. Guess I’ll have to step up my game.” He dashed forward, then began to flip and cart-wheel, until finally he came down on Carnage, blade at the ready.

The symbiote tried to react, but Jack was too fast—the sword cut the fleshy being to ribbons, causing him to cry out in pain. Carnage leapt in the air, one of his arms turning into a giant whip, which then grew rows of hideous jagged teeth. He whipped at Jack, who nimbly avoided the attack. The barbed whip struck the ground with a massive force, splintering the concrete underneath it. Carnage pulled back on the whip, lashing out at Jack again. This time, Jack allowed the whip to encircle his arm, then pulled the beast toward him using it. Carnage stumbled forward—whatever kind of enhancements Jack had, they were impressive to offset the beast as he did.

That little butter knife won’t be enough to stop me,” taunted Carnage. The symbiote leapt forward, jaws open, ready to take a chunk out of Jack’s shoulder. The cyborg threw his sword to the other hand quickly, thrusting it forward as Carnage landed, straight into the beast’s mouth and through the back of its head. The demon roared—it was almost deafening, especially at Jack’s proximity. Suddenly the skewered head shrunk away, and another one formed on the beast’s shoulder, exactly the same as it was before, and unscathed at that. “You’re running out of options, little man! Hah hah haaa!

Jack punched Carnage in the face, splintering a few teeth, then slashed off the tentacle that held him. “You’re getting careless. You’re going to falter, and when you do, you’re going to die as pathetically as your father…”

What!?

“What’s the matter? Did I strike a nerve?” The Jackal laughed at this. “Maybe if you hadn’t been so selfish, your father would still be around. And what would he say about his son? Addicted to steroids, struggling in school… You’re a failure, Danny Stryker. You always have been. Your father is probably rolling in his grave right now…”

You… shut your mouth! I’ll rip you limb from limb!

“It’s your fault he’s dead…”

Stop it! Yarghh!” Carnage wailed, kneeling down and holding his head, the symbiote began to flail wildly, tendrils lashing out of it like a dying insect. “It WaSN’T my FAuLt! I coULdn’T dO a ThING!

“Except watch him die… if you’d been strong enough, you would’ve been able to save him.”

I’lL… KiLl… YoU!” Carnage tore at his head, ripping the symbiote from his face, revealing Danny underneath. He struggled for breath, and his strength began to fail him. “Help me!” he cried.

“This is your weakness, Danny.” Jack strode closer to the creature, “You’re like a helpless infant right now… not even Carnage can save you. Take the memories of your father and bury them deep. Forget about him—it will only cause you more turmoil.” Jack stood over the creature now, which was half Danny and half Carnage. Tentacles whipped around Jack, but were relatively harmless to him. “I’m here to help you, but you have to agree to something first…”

“What?” asked Danny. “I’ll do AnYthING!” wailed Carnage.

“You must agree to help me. It’ll be a mutually beneficial relationship… just like the one you now have with Carnage.”

“Yes! Just… StOP tHIS!

Jack raised his sword, then swept it downward, striking Danny in the back of the head with the spine of the blade. The blow didn’t harm the boy, but knocked him out cold. The threshing tentacles stopped as abruptly as it had begun, dropping lifelessly to the concrete, then shrunk back and formed the tight-fitting shirt again.

Jack sheathed his sword, a smirk sliding across his features with self-satisfaction. “Good. It seems as though we’ll both be happy with this arrangement, Danny-boy…”

WedaScami
Enemy of the Republic

Post by WedaScami » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:35 pm

OOC: Hey y'all. Are we waiting for me to post??

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:29 am

no we are waiting on Cazzik...
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:23 pm

In the back of Kyle's mind a warning light was going off. He didn't trust this girl, nor did he trust the alien she allied herself with. However, he figured in this instance that the best way to learn more about this group was to actually infiltrate them. Batboy nodded his head.
"Yes. I'll come with you."

OOC:
Sorry, kind of short. All I had time for before work.

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:33 pm

OOC:
Uuuummm...........are we still doing this or what?

WedaScami
Enemy of the Republic

Post by WedaScami » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:17 pm

OOC: I thought so, but I hope you're not waiting on me. I've got nothing right now.