Teen Titans: Rebirth

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Teen Titans: Rebirth

Post by Cazzik » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:19 pm

It was dark and cold. The night encircled the soldiers. Their stealthy movement was due to years of intense training. They didn't make a sound as they slowly made their way through the dark alley. Their laser sights could be easily seen, a mistake on their part. One in which the three allies were going to take full advantage of. There were several of them, and perhaps more nearby. They just hoped these were the only people Vanguard had sent after them. If someone like Dusk or Wraith were after them, they could be in a lot more trouble.

The rear two soldiers were suddenly sucked upwards by two white, web lines. They didn't make a sound as they vanished. As the next soldier in line turned around to check out his flank he noticed they were missing. Before he ever got a word out a black haired girl dashed out from the shadows, grabbed him and just as quickly sucked him into the shadows. It was shortly after this that the soldiers realized something was very wrong. Before they could pinpoint either of the two that had taken out three of their partners, a voice could be heard from in front of them.
"Hey! You want to fight someone? Try me!"

The soldiers turned to find a young woman with short, blond hair. She had blue jeans and a black tank top on. But the thing that was so intimidating about her was the circular shield she held on her right arm. Similar in look to Captain America's it was slightly more feminine. Faster than anyone thought she could move the girl charged. She brought a powerful kick to one of the soldier's face as she turned and released her shield which flew down the alley, taking out two more enemies.

As the shield returned to it's owner one of the Vanguard soldiers brought their gun down to bear on the girl. Before he fired the black haired struck again. With two claws protruding from each fist she slashed out and cut the weapon in half. She brought her other fist directly at the man's head. At the last possible moment she retracted her claws, eliminating the possibility of a fatality. Instead, the man took a brutal bunch and was left unconscious. She turned around in time to see a brown haired boy take out three of the remaining soldiers, webbing them into place once he had knocked them to the ground.

The shield carrying warrior turned to scan the immediate area. It seemed as if all of the enemies had been taken care of.
"James. Claire. You both all right?"

James dropped from the wall and silently nodded. Claire walked up, looking at the fallen enemies.
"Good as new, I guess. We should probably get out of here."
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:50 pm

SPAM was the newest designer drug to hit the streets. A yellow powder, it looked rather innocent. It wasn't. Over the last week, several teenagers had been admitted to the ICU with severe brain damage after experimenting with SPAM.

The word on the street said that the small-time street gang known as the Silver Wolves were behind it. The gang was holed up in an abandoned building in Hell's Kitchen, presumably producing SPAM in the cellars.

Hell's Kitchen

The two gangers on the roof were watching the streets below for signs of police. Both wore black leather jackets with a silver wolf printed on the back, and were armed with Israeli UZI submachineguns.

Suddenly, they heard a low thump behind them. They turned just in time to see a pair of fists coming at their faces. Both collapsed when the titanium fists connected with their heads.

Archer tied them up with strips and then proceeded across the litter-strewn roof and down the stairs to the sixth floor.

One by one, she took out the sentries as she proceeded downwards. Her bow was still settled across her back - stealth was preferable in this scenario. Archer wasn't fond of dodging bullets.

Then, on the second floor, it went wrong. One of the sentries noticed her and raised the alarm while opening fire. Archer dodged a bullet and dove for cover in a small room. As she turned over a table, she could hear several gangers running towards her.

She hid behind the table, silently thanking whatever god was listening that the table was well-made. None of the bullets penetrated the hard wood. When the hail of bullets stopped she rose, bow in hand. She fired a volley of low-powered laser beams at the gangers, knocking out half a dozen before they could get out of the way. Then she moved back down into cover, just in time to escape another hail of bullets.

I'm wasting time she thought. She replaced the bow on her back, then somersaulted over the table and straight into the gangers who were reloading their UZIs. She knocked out two while landing, then punched the remaining three gangers in quick succession, eliminating the threat.

After binding and gagging them, she proceeded even more cautiously than before.

After a few more encounters, she reached the door to the cellars. It was wide open. She dared a peek. Three gangers were rounding up what looked like SPAM addicts, though whether they were preparing to leave the building or preparing to 'eliminate the witnesses', she didn't know. She decided not to risk anything, took her bow, and charged down the stairs, firing laser beams as she went.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs, the addicts panicked and attacked her. She threw down the bow, and punched right and left. She held back a little, but not enough to avoid knocking them out cold.

Just as she finished the last addict, four gangers emerged from an adjacent room. One of them, a big dude wearing a silver hairband, shouted at the others:

"Take her out. Then meet me at the hideout." He doubled back into the other room, as the three gangers opened fire...

OOC: That's your que, Cazzik ;)

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:11 pm

OOC: Sorry it took me so long, Jag. :)

IC:
Before the gangsters had gotten off more than a few shots one of them was lifted from the ground and tossed into the wall. The other two turned to see what had happened and realized they were not just facing Archer anymore, but the teenage hero known as Wonder Girl as well. The didn't lose any time in firing on her. As the bullets sped at her chest she deflected them with her gauntlets, sending them ricocheting off into the walls.

With a burst of speed she charged forward and grabbed one of the gangsters. She easily tossed him to the side with enough force to knock him out cold. She turned just in time to see the third attempting to escape. She took her lasso and easily caught him. A surge of magical, electric energy flowed down the mystical rope and punished the man for his escape attempt. He fell to the ground unconscious as she returned the weapon to her side.

Wonder Girl turned around and spotted the other hero. They had met before, on more than one occasion, but they weren't exactly friends. They just didn't know each other very well. As she approached, she smiled.
"Sorry to barge in. I was patrolling and heard the gunfire. It looked like a little assistance wouldn't hurt anything."
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:54 pm

OOC: No problem :)

Archer had leapt into cover behind a table when the thugs began to fire. Now she rose. She returned the smile.

"You came just in time. Help me tie them up."

After they had tied up the gangers, interrogated one of the gangers, and called the police, Archer turned to Wonder Girl.

"You wanna help me track down the leader?"

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:45 am

Wonder Girl had declined, and Archer had gone on alone. The hideout of the gang was located in Queens, more specifically in Jackson Heights.

Archer didn't know what to expect when she got there, but she was certain that the leader had alerted the gangers there. Nevertheless, she had to defeat the gang and stop the distribution of SPAM...

Archer was not the only one hunting this particular gang. Another young woman, dressed in red and black, was making her way across the rooftops.

Dark Phoenix had been after the gang for nearly a week now. They had attracted her attention after a failed convenience store robbery, which left the owner and a cop dead.

She jumped across a gap, and found herself looking down upon the supposed hideout of the gang. She took a deep breath and jumped the gap...

Archer landed on a roof opposite the hideout. Noticing a sentry, she fired a single red beam from her bow, downing the sentry. Then she glided across the gap. She turned a corner and found herself face to face with a young woman in red and black...

Dark Phoenix felt her heart hit her tonsils as she found herself face to face with an armoured figure, carrying a bow.

"Who are you?" The question came simultanously from both girls. Dark Phoenix cocked her head.

"I'm Dark Phoenix, teen crimefighter."
"Archer, crimefighter extraordinaire." The armoured girl answered. "I'm looking for a local gang, the Silver Wolves."
"Me too!" Dark Phoenix grinned.

Suddenly, a blast of energy passed between them, followed by a yelp and a cry. Both turned their heads in time to see another sentry be pushed over the edge. They immediately turned their heads to see where the blast came from.

A cloaked figure was standing several feet away. Just then, a sinister voice emanated from within the cloak:

"If you two are done chatting, maybe we could get going?" The voice was distinctly female. Archer looked at the figure.

"And you are?"
"Raven. And I'm just at the wrong place at the right time."

Dark Phoenix and Archer, though somewhat unnerved by the presence of Raven, had agreed to join forces with the others. The three girls were now proceeding down into the hideout.

As they walked, Phoenix suddenly thought of something:

"What happened to the sentry you pushed over the edge?" Raven shrugged.
"He'll be smelling of garbage for a while."

Smiling to themselves, Dark Phoenix and Archer followed Raven...

Despite their differences, the three girls was an amazing team. The bow of Archer combined with the martial abilities of Dark Phoenix very nicely. Their powers were supported marvellously by the blasts of dark energy from Raven. In less than twenty minutes, the three girls had cleared out the building. After calling the police, Raven conjured some sort of portal and teleported them to a nearby building.

Archer looked at the hideout a block away, then turned to the other two.

"Thanks for the help." Dark Phoenix grinned.
"No, thank you. We make a good team."

The girls turned to Raven. Archer extended a hand.

"Thanks, Raven." Raven shook it defensively, then repeated it with Dark Phoenix who had also extended a hand.
"You're welcome."

She turned to leave. Dark Phoenix put a hand on her shoulder.

"Wait." Raven and Archer looked at her. Dark Phoenix suddenly looked shy. "I...would you be interested in, like, working together?"

"Together?" Raven sounded rather disinterested.

"Yeah. Like, we could, like, hunt bad guys together." Archer shrugged.

"Sure, I'm in. Raven?" Raven studied the other girls for a moment, then shrugged.

"I suppose so. But how?"

The girls were quiet for a bit, then Archer suddenly grinned.

"What about like the Teen Titans? Their tower is still out there on the island. We could, like, rebuild it or something."

After a moment, Dark Phoenix and Raven nodded.

And thus the Teen Titans were reborn...