Science Bros.

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Ninzi

Science Bros.

Post by Ninzi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:20 pm

The bell rang.

Kids started to jump up from their seats, ready to get out of the classroom. It was the end of the day and no high schooler willingly wanted to stay in school, even if the school was Midtown Tech in Forest Hills, Queens. Every one of the students there was a gifted student, who had scored high enough on the entrance exam in order to get in. It was a fairly prestigious school and it had a magnet program to attract kids from all over the boroughs. Some parents had even opted to move their entire families so that their child wouldn’t have to travel far to get to the school.

As the volume level in the room increased, there was one voice that was able to cut above the noise and be heard.

“Ms. Pope, if you would please?”

Jessie Pope closed her eyes, wondering what it was this time. Grabbing her book bag, she made her way up towards the front of the class. She was dressed in a red tank top and black jeans and her blue backpack went up over one shoulder.

“I was quiet today.” She said. “I didn’t interrupt.” Jessie said.

“I know that.” Her teacher said. The older woman looked down at her table for a moment. “I just wanted to make sure you were doing okay, considering…everything’s that happened.”

Jessie nodded. “Death happens.” She said. “My grandfather was a great guy, he fought in World War II.” She said. “The funeral was nice.” Jessie added, as if she knew she needed to say something to make the teacher ignore the rather clinical view of death Jessie had. It was something that happened, as she’d said. She had known her grandfather, had known him pretty well, but she’d known that he wasn’t in the greatest of health.

“Right.” Her teacher said, a little confused at Jessie’s tone. “Well, I’m sure you have to get to your next class.” She said.

Jessie nodded and started walking towards the door. As she got there, she turned back, her eyes alight. “Wait, do you know if the Iron Man tech is going to stay?” She asked. “I heard a rumor it might be getting sent to Stark.”

“No, the suit is staying. You’re not allowed to work on it, you know that right?” Her teacher asked and Jessie nodded.

“Yeah I like looking at it though.” She said. “Okay, thanks.”

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: Science Bros.

Post by Mir » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:54 am

Basilides Wu scrunched lower in his chair. He was often the target of bullying, so this wasn’t new. But as he looked over the shoulder of the much larger person attempting to converse with him, he noted this was a new time of the day for it to happen. Generally speaking, he had found in his studies of the Midtown Tech bully that they didn’t tend to bother him once the school day was almost over. No, statistically, 95.6% of any and all bullying he would encounter during the day took place before two o’clock post meridian. This was simply out of character. He sighed, knowing that the torment of the teasing would soon end, and he could go back to what he was doing. Sure enough, it didn’t take that long for the bullies, who were repeat customers, for sure, to see that Basilides was not game for the teasing, and they quickly departed.

Without a word, he opened up his notebook and pulled out his trusty No. 2 Black Mirado Warrior pencil, sharpened to a point, and got to work. He was behind schedule. His science fair project was in need of a retooling and the deadline was approaching. He turned the pages until he reached the sketch he had been roughly working on during lunch.

A repulsor enabled ice cream truck.

This was something society most assuredly needed, and Basilides was determined to make it work. It took a lot of electricity to power a repulsor. It took a lot of electricity to keep ice cream cold. But to do both at the same time, while also not relying on fossil fuels?

Well, this was going to be his crowning achievement.

The door to the classroom opened and he looked up, as Jessie Pope walked in. She wasn’t late, not yet, but she was cutting it close. She stopped short in her walk, next to him, and looked at his drawings.

“A repulsor ice cream truck?” She asked.

He nodded, returning to his work. His pencil slid across the page, graphite making its mark precisely where he wanted it to. Basilides was not one to waste time, not when time was precious, the only thing they couldn’t really make more of.

“That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard of Basil.” She said.

“Weren’t you talking about making a machine that would streamline taco production?” He asked, without looking up.

“Yeah, but everyone likes tacos.” Jessie replied, as she sat down next to him. No one is taco-intolerant, but people are lactose-intolerant.” She added, as she took her books out of her bag.

“They make ice cream without milk. And what about people who have to be gluten-free?” He asked, as the bell rang.

He’d had the final word.

For now.

Jessie wasn’t going to let it go easily.