Avengers: BCI

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Post by Ninzi »

OOC: I really couldn't think of a title.

IC:

Quinjet, Somewhere over Canada

“You’re sure that Quinn’s scanners will work?” T’Shon asked.

“You should have more faith in the little man.” Burke said, with a smile as he leaned back in his seat on the Quinjet. “I wouldn’t have hired him if he didn’t do good work.” He said.

“That’s debatable. You could have been trying to annoy Natalia.” Benjamin said, as he stood by one of the lockers, checking on some of the equipment. “Hiring him seems like something that would upset her.” He said.

“You’d think that.” Burke replied, nodding. “But she was actually the one who brought his resume to me.” He said. “She said that she’d found a suitable playmate for me.”

T’Shon had to smile at that. “I’m not surprised by that, at all.” The King of Wakanda said.

“You know, if you keep checking the equipment, I’m sure you’ll find something wrong with it. Eventually.” Burke said, as he looked over at Captain America. “So what’s your deal anyway?” He asked.

“What do you mean?” Benjamin asked, continuing to check the equipment. “I don’t have a deal.”

“Yes you do.” Burke replied, as he reached into a compartment and pulled out a bottle of some kind of vegetable smoothie. “You hold yourself like you’re some kind of old guy, but I read the files. I’m older than you. So why do you act like you’re from a different generation? Or is it just something in the super soldier serum that makes all of you act like you’re ancient.”

Benjamin laughed. “Maybe it’s my traditional Midwest upbringing, thought about that?” He asked.

“I did. I did, I gave it…” Burke said and cocked his head to the side, squinting slightly. “Thirty, maybe thirty two percent as to why you’re an old maid. But I know people from the midwest and most of them do act like they were born in the 20th century, so I couldn't give it too much weight.”

“Old maid. That’s a good one.”

“Thank you.” Burke replied immediately. “I aim to please.”

“That you do. We have proof of that. You’re the consummate businessman after all.” Captain America said, finally coming over and sitting across from Burke and next to T’Shon. “Which brings up the question of how is your investment in Brady panning out?” He asked, gesturing to the scanner in Burke’s other hand.

Iron Man took an appreciative drink from his smoothie. “Like a charm. I’d show you, but I think the flashing lights would scare you. Kind of how your father probably felt around fire.”

T’Shon shook his head, at the exchange between the two men. One couldn’t tell if they were old friends, or if the jabs and barbs actually had some weight behind them. Either way, it was going to make this journey of theirs that much more interesting. Regardless, he wanted to get to the bottom of this Infinity Gem business so that he could find the man who had savaged his country and exact Wakandan justice.
Ninzified lol.

Re: Avengers: BCI

Post by Nichalus »

"Maybe my attitude is based on the fact that I don't treat life in such a flippant manner as you do Burke. While your armor is impressive, it's still nothing but a tool to be used." Ben stated.

"Kinda like your red, white and blue Frisbee." Burke retorted.

"Yes, Burke...just like my 'Frisbee, but I can fight without it."

"Because of the Super-Soldier Serum.." Burke countered again.

Ben sighed. "Yes...but...the serum is a 'part' of me, plus I've had years of training and battlefield experience. I don't lose my abilities and training, unlike you if your armor is taken away. Your 'abilities' are artificial.

"Not true, I takes alot of training to mix the perfect martini. Lifting the bottle, pouring...shaking..."

"That's what I'm talking about Burke. Deflecting the truth behind a facade of flippant humor." Ben shook his head slowly. "Your tech is perhaps the best and greatest in the modern world.but there will come a time when all that tech will be taken away, and you'll be faced with choice to run away, or fight with your own bare hands to protect those that you care about." Ben finished and looked out the viewport and the terrain below. "If there is anyone that you care about more than yourself that is."
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

T’Shon closed his eyes and leaned his head back. “You two are like bickering children and yet you are to be the leaders of this group?” He asked, turning his head slightly to look at the two of them. “Let us not forget that my country is in ruins currently, but I am here, helping you.” He said.

“Point there, King Kitty, but if you don’t help us, whatever your people do rebuild isn’t going to last for long.” Burke said with a shrug. “It’s facts, you can’t fight that.” He added.

“My point was not only that I am choosing to help you instead of being in my country to take care of my people.” T’Shon said. “My point is that multiple people are making sacrifices in order to help you and you two need to put whatever differences you have aside, and work together.”

Burke waved a hand between himself and Davis, a flabbergasted look on his face. “What do you call this, right now?” He asked.

“Tolerating each other.” Black Panther said. “Benjamin’s body language indicates that he wouldn't mind finding an excuse to punch you at least once in the face, and yours indicates that you want him to do it because it would vindicate everything you’re saying, at least in your mind, since you can rationalize anything the way you want it to be.” He said, turning to look at Davis.

“He’s got a point there. I didn’t realize you knew that much about body language.” Benjamin said, flexing his right hand slightly.

“I’m the king of the most powerful African nation.” T’Shon replied with a smile. “Trust me, I know body language. Burke’s is that of a lackadaisical man belying a well of power underneath. Yours shows the power at the top, with a deep resolve underneath.” He said.

Post by Ninzi »

“I feel like T’Shon here has filled out a lot of profiles on dating sites.” Burke replied, with a grin. “That being said, I’m sure that we can come to some kind of agreement that tolerance is something that I have an abundance of.”

“That’s an alcohol joke, isn’t it?” Davis asked.

“Sometimes, I swear, it’s like…you were frozen in ice for decades and not Steve Rogers. You’re old enough to drink right, Benjie?” Alex asked, and Davis nodded, playing along. “Punching me would vindicate me. Remember what our expert said.” He added.

Davis gave him a smile with humor and understanding behind it. “One day, when you are stripped of that armor and forced to make that decision to protect those you care about, I hope I’m there to see what choice you make.” He said.

“Don’t worry.” Burke replied. “I’ll always choose to protect you.”

Davis nodded and turned to T’Shon. He knew that feeding Burke more attention was what the man wanted, and decided that there were more important things that the three of them could be talking about. “Speaking of Wakanda and what you’re giving up to be here, how is everything going when it comes to the rebuilding?” He asked.
Ninzified lol.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

T’Shon closed his eyes for a moment, thinking about the conversation that he had had barely a few hours ago. “The rebuilding efforts are going along, but not as quickly as I would like. The problems are those usually attributed to construction efforts, though admittedly it is possible that I am not happy with the current pace due to my own problems with patience.” He said.

Burke smiled. “You know, I could send some people from Stark Industries to help out. We’ve got contracts around the world to build projects. It can’t hurt.” He said.

The King of Wakanda shook his head. “I appreciate the offer, Alexander, but it is unnecessary.” He said. “Wakanda will solve its problems, it does not need outside help.” When Alex said something under his breath that didn’t sound very complimentary, T’Shon’s eyes narrowed. “If you could repeat that a little bit louder, I’d be very grateful.” He said.

“What I think Burke was trying to say, in his special way, is that there’s a difference between self-reliance and pride.” Benjamin said. “It takes a strong and wise person to solve complicated problems. But it takes a stronger and wiser person to understand that they can accept help without sacrificing their image of themselves.” He added.

“It is not a question of maintaining an image.” T’Shon replied, with a shake of his head. “Let us assume that we stop this Thanos. What happens then? What happens ten years from now when American diplomatic policy shifts for whatever reason? Or Britain policies, or France’s for that matter? No, I must instill in my people that notion of self-reliance so that they understand your exact point. Wakanda must be prepared for the day that there is no one like Burke willing to help. That is why we rebuild ourselves.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

The Quinjet touched down on the frozen ground. They had finally reached their destination. Black Panther, Captain America, and Iron Man stepped off of the Quinjet onto the ground and looked around. The frozen landscape was an unforgiving one. Alex turned to the others as the Iron Man helmet encircled his head. “I have warmers built into my suit. If you ask nicely, maybe I’ll build some for you all.”

“I have no need for warmers.” Black Panther replied. “The Heart Shaped Herb is a wondrous gift from Bast.”

“I don’t really get cold either.” Captain America added. “Between growing up with winter in Kansas and the Super Soldier Serum…I don’t really get the cold.”

“Well…that’s just peachy.” Iron Man replied. He looked back over the ground. “Just peachy. Anyway, we should see if Brady’s sensor can do the trick.” He said, and started the scanning. “From what I can tell, we’re not far from it.”

They started walking, heading upwards. As they did, Captain America asked Black Panther for more information about the Wakandan culture and the people there. While he knew a great deal from things he had read about the country, it was another thing altogether to be able to speak to someone from there. It was particularly useful when the person you could question was the monarch of the country. By the time they reached the top of their destination, the group had walked for about six hours.

On the top of the crest, the three men stood and looked down.

“So that’s an ice castle.” Iron Man said. “I didn’t expect that.”

“I did not know anyone lived in this part of the world.” Black Panther added.

“Well, no one thought anyone lived in some tiny sliver of Africa for a while there either.” Iron Man. “The ingenuity of mankind.” He said.

He was about to speak further, when two things happened none of the trio was expecting. First, they saw a Quinjet scorch overhead. But it was not their Quinjet. Next to the Quinjet, was a man, flying in the air. A man dressed in red and blue. “That explains it.” Iron Man said. “I know what we’re looking at now.”

“The Fortress of Solitude.” Captain America said. As someone from Smallville, Kansas, he knew what it was and who it belonged to.

The second thing they saw was quite like the first.

A second Quinjet, arriving from a different trajectory.

“Fury or Grace tell you anything?” Iron Man asked Captain America who shook his head. “Then we better get down there and figure this out.”