A.R.G.U.S.: From Heaven with Love (One Shot)

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Dark Lord of the Grill

A.R.G.U.S.: From Heaven with Love (One Shot)

Post by Cazzik »

The earth was scorched all around. Military vehicles burned, others tossed on their sides; none functional. A.R.G.U.S. agents Sean Johnson and Nathan Bishop, Solider One and Patriot, respectively, had just arrived on the scene with backup. It had been one hour since A.R.G.U.S. had detected the localized fluctuations in the atmosphere in the Nevada desert. Originally the readings bore semblance to the same readings detected when a god arrived on Earth. Patriot stepped up alongside the agent formerly in charge as Soldier One and the new arrivals began circling the area and their opponent. "Do we know where she's from? Is she Asgardian? Olypmian? What are we dealing with?"

Patriot watched as the scantily clad woman carried on battling the A.R.G.U.S. agents. She was extremely beautiful and clearly just as deadly. Her red hair moved gracefully as she continued to fend off their advances using her sword and shield. She was incredibly strong as she made it look to be a simple thing to toss Soldier One aside like a play thing. The cyborg hero continued to climb to his feet and reengage the warrior woman. The agent shook his head in response to Bishop, "We have no idea, sir. I'm inclined to believe neither. She has mentioned Heaven more than once."

Patriot looked hard at the woman. Heaven? They were aware of a great many god-like worlds but Heaven had never been mentioned before. At least not as far as he knew. She certainly wasn't human. The agent continued, "She seems to be confused. She keeps asking who brought her here and why. When we try to speak with her she just becomes enraged and starts knocking us around."

Patriot nodded, "So I see. Tell your men to stand back and provide cover fire if needed. We aren't trying to harm her. We just want to talk." The agent nodded as the super solider charged into battle after his companion. It was impressive how Soldier One had held his own against a clearly more powerful opponent. He had taken some damage but nothing too serious. Patriot was far more fragile and had to rely heavily on his triangular shield and agility for protection. "We are not here to harm you! We simply wish to speak!"

The red haired warrior dodged an attack from Soldier One and drove her foot into his stomach, sending him backwards hard. She caught Patriot in mid air as he attempted to leap over her and threw him to the ground, "You want nothing of the sort! You have dared to summon me here no doubt in an attempt to enslave my power. I tell you this, you will fall before my blade should you continue this endeavor!"

The three combatants stopped momentarily as a helicopter touched down on the outskirts of the conflict. Two women stepped off, one clad in a white combat suit; Emma Wade, Director of A.R.G.U.S. She nodded at her companion, a beautiful, athletic blonde in a black uniform sporting a black leather jacket. "Canary, end this."

Kayla Evans, the Black Canary, ran toward the fight. Solider One and Patriot, aware of what was about to happen, moved quickly to vacate the area. The red haired woman stood steadfast, prepared for this new opponent. Canary stopped in front of her, "We don't wish to fight. Put your weapons down and we can talk this out." The warrior raised her blade in defiance. Kayla nodded and physically braced herself. She need not whisper at this woman. She was strong, powerful. She could handle it. Black Canary opened her mouth and released a scream. The shock wave shattered the ground. The red haired woman attempted to stand against Kayla's cry, but in the end she was defeated. She lay in the dirt, sword and shield thrown from her grasp. Blood trickled from her nose as she tried to climb to her feet, "That wasn't my top octave, lady. I can keep going but I would prefer not to. Like my friends said, we just want to talk."

She glared up at Canary, "What is it you wish to know?"

Emma Wade stepped forward, "You can start with your name."

She had completely climbed to her feet and wiped the blood from her face, "My name is Angela."
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa