Massachusetts Academy II

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: Massachusetts Academy II

Post by Mir » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:07 pm

Lawrence looked at the group of adults. “Sean, I think it’s time to go.” He said, and Sean reached out to put an arm around Mara, but one of the adults reached out and pushed Sean away.

“Hey, she’s my friend.” He said.

“She’s a mutant.” The man said and looked at him. “Do you know what that means?” He asked.

“Course I do, I’m one too.” Sean said, and took a step forward. “Have you got a problem with that or something?” He asked, his face getting very serious.

“Yes...we do.” A woman said. The spite on her face was apparent. It was palpable, and it made Mara creep back. She could feel the hatred projecting from this woman like the night air had had it's temperature jacked up to over a hundred degrees. “It’s not natural. It’s not...right.” She said. “We don’t like mutants at all. You’re a blight upon society and God hates you.” She added, almost spitting the words out, the way that she rushed to say them.

Mara’s eyes widened. That hurt. “God does not hate me because I’m different.” She said, getting some venom in her voice. "You're a mean, hateful woman." She added, starting to breathe heavily.

“Oh yes, he does.” The woman said, ignoring the last part of what Mara had said. “He hates you, and you’re going to hell, little girl.” She said.

Sean turned to Lawrence. “We need Mr. Grammer.” He said.

“I’m totally calling him, mate.” Lawrence replied.

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:43 pm

He had been wondering where the kids were when his phone had rang. When he’d seen that it was Laurence’s United Kingdom cell number, Shane had been greatly relieved. He’d been to England before, but not for long enough to really be able to find two children who had grown up in this area. Compounding this, would be asking the authorities for help considering he was a mutant. It had been years, decades really, since the first mutant had walked the earth, but many people still heavily distrusted them. So when the call came, Shane answered his phone and quickly listened to what Laurence was telling him. His brow told the story of his confusion. When had Mara Martin joined their group? That was rather surprising. However, as he heard what Laurence was telling him, and could hear the noise in the background, he figured that now was not the time to talk about that. There would be time for that later. Hopefully.

The car ride over to where they were didn’t take long, but a part of him was dreading when he’d get there. From the sounds of it, the children had managed to find people who hated mutants, precisely what he had been hoping to avoid. More importantly, he doubted that these people would accept him as any form of authority figure.

After all, he was another mutant. And he had blue skin and fur. Not exactly the most under the radar kind of mutant.

A part of him wished that he had brought Alec Partridge with him. Though the man was off putting from time to time, well, most of the time, he still had an air of intense credibility about him. When he spoke, people listened. Not only that, but he was British. Or at least, he thought he was, what with the amnesia. Someone with the accent would probably help too.

If that was the case, I should just wish that Alessandra was here. Her telepathy would solve all of this. He thought as he rounded the corner in the Wright family’s other vehicle.

The group of people had swelled from the ranks that Laurence had described on the phone.

This was not going to be good.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:37 am

As soon as he stepped out of the car, some of the people started pointing and shouting. The kids turned and saw him, and the look on their faces was one of heartfelt relief. Shane made his way towards them, as some woman screamed that he was going to attack them all. In response, he held his hands up, in a what would hopefully be the universal sign that he was not going to attack them.

“Please, I’m here to help.” Shane said.

“Dr. Grammer, thank God you’re here.” Mara said.

“Don’t thank God, you demon spawn.” Someone from the group of adults said, reaching forward for Mara, as if to slap her.

Sean blocked the would be attacker and shoved, roughly. The man went backwards and a few of the people pointed at this, fresh, new outrage.

“Everyone, calm down.” Shane said, reaching the children. Mara latched onto him, her eyes wide.

“They just started yelling at us.” She said. “We didn’t do anything.” The teenage girl said, her eyes swimming with tears. “Why are they so mean?” She asked.

“It’s okay, I’m here, I’ve got you.” Shane said, and his eyes narrowed at the adults. “You should be ashamed of yourselves. They’re kids.” He said. The looks on the faces of the people there told him that the last thing that they were, was ashamed of their actions. “Yelling, like these witch trials. What are you, some medieval mob with pitchforks?” He asked, getting angry. “They’re kids, children.”

“They’re mutants and so are you.” A man said, with his chest puffed out and he stepped forward. “I’m not afraid of you.” He said.

“You shouldn’t be.” Shane replied. “I’m not here to hurt you.” He said. “Sean, Laurence, get Mara into the car.” He said.

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:47 am

As the kids got into the car, Shane breathed something of a sigh of relief. He closed his eyes for a moment, and that was his mistake. One of the men reached out and slugged him in the face. Hard. Grammer, who hadn’t been expecting the blow, staggered a few steps back, reaching a hand up to his face. His eyes narrowed, and something of a feral growl came out of his throat. Taking a menacing step forward, Shane came face to face with the man who had thrown the punch.

His breathing slowed and he remembered where he was, and more importantly, the three pairs of eyes that were watching him, rapt with attention. More attention than anyone at the school ever paid to his classes. So Shane did the unexpected. He smiled at the man, and turned around, starting to walk away.

“You’re just going to walk away, freak?” The man asked.

Shane turned back around, walking backwards towards the car. He held his hands up again in the form of appeasement. “Why not? Did you think that you’re the first person to punch me because I’m different? You’re not. Did you think that you’re the first person to show me hate because of something I couldn’t control? You’re not.” He said. Reaching the car, he opened the door and stood there for a moment.

An odd smile came over Shane’s face, before he continued speaking.

“I would like you to remember, however, that with all of your hate for me, you were the one who lost control and hit me. Me, with all the pain you just dealt me, turned around and walked away. Who’s got the better control over themselves? The mutant freak who’s unseemly in the eyes of an apparently condemning god? Or the plain, ordinary man, who’s so deathly afraid of that which he doesn’t understand?”

With that, the man got into the car, and without a word to the children, started to drive away.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:08 am

“That was bloody brilliant, Dr. Grammer.” Laurence blurted out, a few minutes into the car ride. An uncomfortable silence had been ruling the air, and someone had finally done something about it.

“Yes, I suppose it was.” Shane said, allowing himself a small smile.

“We should probably get some ice on your face.” Mara said, quietly.

“Indeed.” He replied. “First thing, when we get back to the house. But that leaves the rest of the car ride. I have an interesting series of questions.” Shane said, keeping his eyes on the road, until the yellow orbs flicked up for a moment, and looked into the rear view window, locking onto Mara’s own. “I think I should start at the beginning. I left Boston with two students, but I arrived in London, with three. This is an astounding miracle. Would someone care to explain it?” He asked.

“Well, I might have snuck onboard the airplane.” Mara said, her voice getting quieter.

“You might have?” Shane asked, amused.

“I totally asked her to.” Sean said, and Shane caught the look of surprise on Mara’s face. “Laurence is my best mate and all, but I just needed more friends because of what happened.” He said. “Yeah, that’s what’s happened, Professor.” He said.

Shane’s look of amusement changed into a more normal smile, though it hurt his right cheek to do so. “I’m not that upset about it. No doubt your sister is losing her mind looking for you.” He said to Mara.

“Sam doesn’t care.”

“Not Samantha. I would think, rather, Minerva.” Shane replied.

Mara looked out of the window, chastised enough. Everyone at Massachusetts’ Academy knew of little Minnie Martin’s social conundrums.

“Now, the next matter. Who’s idea was it to leave the house when you were supposed to be sleeping?” He asked.

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:19 am

Sean turned around in his seat and looked at Laurence. “That was both of us.” He said. “I mean, I couldn’t sleep and I didn’t want to be in the house. Didn’t seem right without my parents. So Laurence asked around and found out what a few of our old friends were doing and then we met up with them.” He said.

Shane nodded. He had seen Mara before, sleeping in her feline form, but he had opted to remain quiet about it. They’d told him the truth, he sensed it. The same way that Sean was telling him the truth now. It made sense to him that Sean wouldn’t want to stay in the house and that he’d b looking for distractions once he had seen his parents. He didn’t blame the boy. It had just been a stroke of unfortunate luck.

“Alright, well, things happen. I would have appreciated a phone call or something though.” He said.

“You’re not...not angry, Professor?” Laurence asked.

“No. You two have had a very bad day, and to want to have something take your mind off of things, it’s only natural.” He said.

Laurence turned and smiled at Mara, nodding and attempting to look official while he did it. “See. Only natural. Nothing wrong with what we did.”

“Oh be quiet, Laurence.” She said, rolling her eyes.

“You had fun.” Sean said.

She smiled at Laurence and then Sean. “Yes I did. Laurence kind of forced me to loosen up a bit.”

“Better than your normal self, I say.” He said and she rewarded him with a stiff punch to the arm. He rubbed his arm in response to where she had hit him, as Shane turned into the driveway of the house.

Now it was Sean’s turn to ask the questions.

“Professor, where did you go?” He asked.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:50 am

“I went to the hospital.” Shane said, getting out of the car. “I spoke with Professor Santiago, and she knows of a hospital that specializes in care for your parents.”

“But, I thought they were going to get better.” Sean said.

“They will, but they’re in comas. Your father slipped into one, which is why the doctor called me. It's difficult to properly monitor them, but we found someone who will be able to do it well.” Shane as the kids got out of the car. “It’s a mutual medical acquaintance of Professor Santiago and Professor Grant. Her name is Dr. Katherine Shaw. She works in Scotland.” He said.

“That’s great.” Sean said. “When would they get transferred?” He asked, waiting outside as Laurence and Mara went into the house.

“Probably this morning. Dr. Shaw already has space available for them.” Shane said, hating the fact that he was lying about all of this. “I’m not sure if you’ll be able to see them, before they go.” He added.

“That’s fine. As long as they’re taken care of.” Sean said. He paused and then reached out hugging Shane. “Thank you, for everything, Professor.”

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:52 am

Shane nodded slowly, placing a hand on the boy’s hair and ruffling it. “This means no more falling asleep in my class.”

“Absolutely.” Sean said.

“Alright then. We’re headed home in the morning, so make sure everyone is packed. Let Mara know that she doesn’t need to be in her cat form anymore.” He said, adding the last part as they walked into the house.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:59 am

“They handled themselves well.” Alessandra said. She was sitting in one of the conference rooms of the school, drinking from a mug of tea. Turning, she looked out of the window. “It’s always difficult to deal with prejudice. When you’re a child, it’s even more difficult.” She added.

“That’s true.” Shane said.

“But that’s not why you wanted this meeting.” She said. The Headmistress of Massachusetts’ Academy turned back and looked at Shane, who was seated at the table as well, along with the other teachers of the school.

“No. Well, yes, partially.” The blue furred man said. “What happened there opened my eyes up a bit more to the dangers that we all face. The children are not exempt from that, not necessarily. They’re going to run into problems in their day to day lives. We won’t always be there to help them with their choices.” He said.

“That’s why we’re trying to teach them the best that we can.” Melissa said.

“Yes, but situations will arise where they may be attacked, or provoked.” Shane said.

“You think we need to do more to train them to use their powers.” Vincent said and Shane nodded. “It’s not a bad idea. I mean, we do it already in a sense.” He added. “Think about it,” He said, when Alessandra gave him a quizzical look. “We’re teaching them how to control their mutations. But Alec also has a self defense class. It’s not that far fetched for one of these students to put two and two together and figure out how to use their powers to protect themselves.” He said.

“Agreed, but this is a school.” Catiana said. The music and arts teacher was probably the most pacifist out of anyone at the school. “We can not teach these children to be fighters or combatants.” She said. “It’s not right.”

“No one said it’s right.” Shane replied. “But it is the world that we live in.”

“Shane has a point.” Vincent replied, nodding. “We pride ourselves on being the first real mutant school since the Chrell Invasion. But the Chrell Invasion is something that could happen again. Furthermore, discrimination against mutants is at an all time high. We’re still a very popular punching bag, make no mistake. We can’t provide a solid education for the students, who by their very definition, are mutants, if we’re not going to teach them how to protect themselves with their God given talents and abilities.”

“I don’t think that’s wise.” Melissa said. “Just because they’re mutants they should learn to fight? That’s not exactly fair to someone who doesn’t have powers.”

“That’s like saying that someone who genetically is predisposed to being an athlete shouldn’t be an athlete because it’s not fair to the people who aren’t predisposed to being an athlete, and the genetically gifted one will have an unfair advantage, Joltie. Also, if someone is being a dick to them and trying to hurt them, I don’t really give a shit if the fight is fair.” Alec said, chiming in for the first time. Of course, he was also the first person to swear. “I don’t think that Shane or Vincent here are saying that we should teach them how to fight, but in the very least, self defense is something we can teach them.”

“Aren’t you doing that already?” Catiana asked, obviously not convinced.

Alec shook his head slightly, shrugging as he did. “In a sense. What I’m doing is martial arts. Using someone’s momentum against them. Turns, throws, simple things. Nothing that can really hurt someone. Majority of what I teach, the other person needs to be an aggressor for it to work.” He said.

“So what’s wrong with keeping that the norm?” Benjamin asked.

“Because, Benji, the kids don’t use their powers in the class. Anyone could take it.” Alec said, with a shrug.

Benjamin nodded. “Fair enough.” He said, and sipped from his own drink, a coffee. “I think the reason why I’m a bit opposed to the plan, is that anything that involves the powers, even defensively, can be used to attack people.” He said. “What if one of the children attacks someone? Intentionally?” Benjamin asked.

“Well, that’s a risk we’d have to take.” Vincent said. “I mean, any one of these students could do some serious harm to someone, right now. That’s without any training, Benjamin. That doesn’t mean that we’re rounding them up and locking them up so they don’t interact with anyone. Things happen. Alec wouldn’t have a job if it wasn’t for repairing parts of the school that the kids accidentally break.”

Multiple people around the table laughed. Alessandra at least gave a small grin.

“If I may?”

They turned to where Shane’s teaching assistant, Ravyn Crow was seated. “I think you guys are missing an important point.” She said. “Confidence. Many of these kids won’t need to use their powers to defend themselves. I don’t think that we’ll run into situations that the X-Men faced or anything like that. I feel like the world is changing for the better. But I could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time. When I was in the Army, and deployed, one of the things that helped me was confidence. I was well trained. I knew how to fight. I knew how to shoot. I knew how to do the things that I needed to do, to keep me alive. I rarely needed them though.” She said. “In this situation, these children, maybe when placed in situation where they might need to use the powers, they may not. Simply put, they know that they can, so they’re not worried, but they’re going to keep trying to peacefully solve the conflict.” She said.

“I think Ravyn brings up a very good point.” Alessandra said. “Alright, well, we’ll give it a few more days and then we’ll bring it to a vote.”

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:40 am

“Benji, we need to talk.”

Grant looked up to see Alec walking into his office. It looked like the essays that he had been grading would have to wait. Alec Partridge didn't wait for anyone, except for the Headmistress of the school. Since he had a feeling that he knew what this was about, he didn't tarry.

“Look, I don’t know what happened. The student just started having purple, green, and blue goo stuff coming off of him. I couldn’t get to him in time to stop the furniture in that study room to get damaged.” He said. “Nobody got hurt, so that’s a plus, right?” Benjamin asked.

“What? No, that’s not why I’m here.” Alec said, shaking his head. “Though that was a bitch to clean up.”

Benjamin saw that the larger Alec was being followed by the smaller and thus aptly named, Alec Jr. The puppy flopped around the room a bit, before finding a corner that had sunlight streaming onto it and settling down, whining in the process. Probably tired from being chased by one of the Martin triplets. That dog did lead such a trying life, didn’t he?

“So then what’s up?” He asked, his eyes coming back to the very large Englishman.

“I wanted to talk to you about the vote.” Alec said, dropping into the chair in front of Benjamin’s desk with a huff. “I know you’re on the fence. But I really think that this will be good for the school.”

“I don’t recall you ever showing much interest in the actual students.” Benjamin said, frowning. “You call them ‘the kids’ most of the time. Samantha Martin is the only one you seem to tolerate.” He said.

Alec snapped his fingers. “The Indian kid. What’s his name. He’s alright.”

Benjamin sighed and shook his head, realizing who Alec was talking about. Then again, he was fairly certain that there was only one Indian kid in the entire school. “Nikhil barely talks.”

“Exactly. My kind of kid.” Alec said with a smirk. “What’s your point?”

“Why the sudden interest?” Benjamin asked.

Alec sighed. “Alright, I’ll tell you. But this is something that has to stay with you and me. I don’t want Ale finding out that I spoke to someone about this. You remember a couple months ago, when she went to a prison and visited someone?” He asked.

“Yes.” Benjamin replied nodding. If this was something that was worrying Alec Partridge, the seemingly only unflappable member of the staff at Massachusetts’ Academy, then it was something that he was going to pay close, close attention to. Nothing seemed to worry Alec, with the exception of whatever was wrong with his memories.

“Well, it wasn’t just visiting an old friend. You ever heard of Amelia Jones?” He asked and when Benjamin nodded, he carried on. “Some mutant researcher, not that important. What she did, is important. She wanted to come to the school and be a teacher, but Ale doesn’t agree with her methods. When she was told no, she threatened the students. Said that she’d come here, one way or another.”

“Why didn’t Alessandra share this with us?” Benjamin asked.

“You know her.” Alec said. “She’s all independent and what not.” He said, waving a hand around as he got up. He walked around the room for a moment, before settling behind the chair and placing his hands on the back of it. “She wants to try to deal with it on her own, but it’s going to blow up in her face if she does it by herself. Now me, I’d just go find this Amelia Jones lady and put the hurting on her. Things happen. But I’ve got to work within the rules.” He said.

“You could always claim amnesia and temporary insanity.” Benjamin said, pointing at Alec’s head and making a circular motion.

“Honestly? Didn’t think of that.” Alec said with a smirk. “You know how Ale is though. That lady is going to be back, she’s going to come to this school, and I want to make sure that the kids are ready. They’re kids, but that doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t know what they’re doing. Shane’s teaching assistant, she’s got it right, partially. Confidence is a great thing, but if she doesn’t think that people are going to have it out for these kids because of their mutations, she’s crazy.”

Benjamin looked down at the papers in front of him, that he had been grading. Deep down, he knew that Alec was right. Looking up, he nodded. “You’ve got my vote.”

“Appreciate it.”

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:52 pm

“Where have you been?” Sam asked, her eyes bright and livid. “We were worried. Minnie was losing fur.” She said, her tone changing.

Mara shook her head. “It wasn’t my fault.” She said. “Sean needed help and I was worried about him, so I went with him and Laurence.” She said.

“You could have told us.” Sam said and the door to their room opened.

The third member of the Martin Triplets walked into the room. As soon as she saw her sister, her eyes went wide and she ran to Mara, grabbing her in a big hug. “I was so worried, Mara.” She said. “What happened?” She asked.

“It’s easier to just show you.” Mara said with a sigh.

“No, wait!” Sam said, but it was too late.

Their powers kicked in, as they were all next to each other. Each one experienced everything that Mara had gone through. Not just the memories though, but also the emotions. It was over in a flash, rushing through them. When Samantha opened her eyes, she saw Minnie in the corner, hiding behind a chair, in her cat form.

“Minnie, it’s okay.” She said, crouching, and looking at her sister, who was shaking and looking around.

Minnie scrambled forward and into Sam’s arms. Her sister picked her up and stroked her hair. “See?” She asked, looking at her sister.

“I’m sorry.” Mara said, shaking her head, her eyes widening. She reached out and stroked her sister’s fur as well.
You know it's a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.
"I declare War!!"~Peay

peayitforward

Post by peayitforward » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Audrey looked at the flyer, puzzled. Flyers were all over the school, advertising for different clubs or groups. She'd even seen one asking if anyone played the bass guitar and was interested in forming a band. But this one was a bit different. It was from the school's faculty, announcing a field day. There were going to be a series of sparring matches for the kids to use their powers. All of it would be in a safe and controlled environment.

Her dad hadn't mentioned it last night during their dinner together. He'd been more talkative about some of their relatives who were in Thailand on a vacation. Suddenly a shadow was cast over her. Audrey turned to see Jacob Wesley towering over her. He was over six feet and a half after all.

"Hey Jacob." She said.

"Hey Audrey," He replied. His eyes were on the flyer as well.

"You thinking of signing up?" She asked.
My family puts the FUN in Dysfunctional!
"You declare War?! I Accept!"~ Crow

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:01 am

OOC: Ghost's internet isn't working properly. This is his post.

IC:

One Year Ago…
Arlee, Montana wasn’t exactly the best place in the world to many, but to Autumn, it was home. Autumn was one of those girls who stood out, in more ways than one. Her father was one of the most prominent men in Lake County, and their ranches was one of the largest near Flathead Lake. Of course, Arlee only had a population of about 654 people, but that didn’t matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Autumn didn’t make it a habit of making herself known, it just happened that way. When it came to Cheerleading, or the Lake County Beauty Pageant, those type of activities were something she was just pushed into by her mother, who at times was over-bearing. No, her real desire remained in riding her horse, Stormy.

A beautiful Quarter Horse with black hair, she spent much time in the fields of the ranch chasing around the cows with her. Of course, that isn’t exactly what her father wanted her to do either. The job of a wrangler was a bit calmer than she would portray it but despite it all, he would get a good laugh in when the job was done.

It was winter now, so there was little for her to do now besides school and chores around the house. The snow blew in hard from the west, drawing a bitter wind that caused her to curl up tightly on the fence posts she was sitting on. She looked out into the distance at the Lake and then the barn which was decently lit, plumes of steam and smoke exiting the stacks from the fires that burned inside. This was an interesting life indeed, one where she could pretty much do what she wanted without being ridiculed or harassed like those city kids.

Well, she had to take that thought back, she was harassed and she was ridiculed by her mother. Evelyn Conway was known to be harsh at times towards her only child. When it came to pageants, when it came to sports to include cheerleading. It didn't matter how good she was, Autumn could have done better. It was perplexing how her mother and father had met, her mom was more of a city girl than a country woman and one could tell that at times in how she acted or dressed. One could also tell because of the clothing she would order online for Autumn wasn't from Wal-Mart or the local stores.

Autumn pulled the AEO white puffer jacket tighter around her form as she hopped off the fence posts and into the thick snow. Her black gloved hands pressed into the delicate snow as she landed harshly, leaving imprints slightly distorted by her landing. With a soft chuckle, she proceeded to walk towards the barn, a bitter wind nipped at her face as she marched through the snow towards the barn doors. She had a feeling something wasn’t right as she approached, the feeling of uneasiness increasing with each step closer to the barn. As a gloved hand came up to rest upon the black doors, the winds seemed to fall silent and the sound of her heart beating echoed harshly in her ears. As she pushed the doors open, her vision fell to darkness and she collapsed into a heap upon the snowy floor before the opening of the barn.

Mt. Arlee Regional Hospital, A few hours later...
The sound of voices in the distance caused her to stir briefly, a brief tingling sensation overcame her as she adjusted herself briefly within the confines of the hospital bed. The pressure of the oxygen mask against her face caused her eyes to flutter open and as they did, her senses came to. It was a bit of a rush, one that caused her ears to ring, drowning out most of the noise in the room as she woke just enough to be coherent. The harshness of the bright hospital light shining down into her face causing her to wince, which felt even more painful.

Questions started filling her mind, how did she get here? How long had she been out?

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:09 pm

He was at home in hospitals. After all, they were where he worked. For what he was doing here, it wasn’t the first time. Benjamin Grant was a known Mutant researcher. Furthermore, it was known that he was a Mutant himself. Looking down at his phone, he finished checking his mail, including a message from Katherine Shaw, before looking up. Autumn Conway’s father, James, walked towards him. James had reached out to him after what had happened with Autumn. Outside of the fact that Benjamin was a well known and respected doctor, there was a possibility that what had happened was Mutant related. They were meeting now, because they had been told that Autumn had come out of her blackout coma. Reaching out, Benjamin shook the man’s hand.

“How are you doing, sir?” He asked.

“How am I doing? Not that great.” James said. “My baby girl is in that room, and I don’t know what’s wrong.” He ran a hand through his hair, shaking his head.

“I can tell you what’s wrong.” Benjamin said. “Nothing. Nothing is wrong with her. The only thing that’s happening is that she’s experiencing her mutation.”

“So you’re sure that’s what it is?” James asked and Benjamin nodded.

“Let me talk to her.” He said and opened the door, walking into the hospital room. “Hey there, Autumn, how are you feeling?” He asked.

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:11 am

Autumn didn’t appear to be too pleased or much less there at the moment as Benjamin spoke to her. Her eyes were half-way open as she stared up at him, in-haling the purity of the oxygen from the mask and exhaling into it, causing a brief flare up of condensation. She licked her lips lazily behind the oxygen mask as she attempted to give him a nod and an answer, her voice muffled and scruffy sounding.

“My head…” She said quietly. “I feel like something smashed into it...”

Benjamin nodded but before he could speak, she continued.

“I heard the Doctors say there wasn’t anything wrong…” She made a lazy attempt to lift a hand and gesture. “But the barn collapsed?” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, the monitors adjusting a bit as her pulse-ox meters rapidly fluctuated. “I don’t understand…”

It was as if fate destined her mother to be eavesdropping on the conversation and she rushed in and almost hollered in a loud accent, her apparent British accent which for years was well-hidden came out. “You desecrated the barn!” She smacked her hands together and paced back and forth in front of Autumns bed, her hands slapping together each time she spoke. “I’ve said it time and time again, there isn’t something right.” Evelyn was to the point of being almost furious. “First, it was the moving the objects as a baby…then came the reading my thoughts when you were really upset. I mean, come on Autumn, where do we draw the line!?” She snapped at her the girl lying in the bed.

There was limited movement from Autumn to her mother’s dramatic responses as she continued to gaze at Benjamin. The man gave her a feeling of comfort and understanding as he spoke. “It was an accident, and it’s apart of whom you are.” He paused for a moment and turned to Evelyn who was almost hysterical. “And it sounds to me like this isn’t the first case where her powers have been an issue…”

James scratched the back of his head slightly as he came out of the doorway and held the back of his head a bit before giving the other man a nod. “I haven’t entirely been truthful.”

Benjamin nodded briefly before pressing James further. “Continue..”

James motioned to Autumn laying on the bed and spoke in a low, shameful tone. “She’s had several instances, just nothing this severe.” He sighed heavily. “We just didn’t know where else to turn at this point…”

“YOU DIDN’T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO TURN!?” Autumn suddenly snapped up, the sound of alarms ringing as her pulse-ox rate skyrocketed within a microsecond. The machines around her began whirling and going off the hook, the sound of the oxygen hissing as the tanks began to leak from the over-pressurization. “YOU LET ME LIVE A LIE! YOU TOLD ME ALL THOSE TRIPS TO THE HOSPITAL WERE NORMAL!” Her hands shot to her head, her fingers digging into her scalp.

“YOU LIED TO ME!” Her eyes closed tightly, as she gripped her hair tighter. The room began to shake slightly as the equipment began to read negative Doppler signatures and off the chart pressure readings.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:35 am

Benjamin nodded slowly and took a step forward. He’d been waiting, patiently, to see if this would happen. It wasn’t surprising, when you thought about it. The girl was going through trauma, it made sense that she would lash out. In addition, the majority of mutant powers debuted under stressful conditions. A high percentage majority in fact. Now, Autumn was within the field that his mutant powers projected, which meant that everything was copacetic once more. “I think everyone should calm down for a moment or two.” He said.

“Calm down?” Evelyn asked. “That’s not what I intend to do, I intend to...” She trailed off when her husband reached out and touched her on the arm.

He had been watching his daughter, and she was looking at her hands, her eyes wide. “What’s going on?” She asked.

“Well, you were kind enough to let me see your powers, I figured it would only be polite to do the same.” Grant replied with a small smile. When he saw the look on her face, he nodded. “Yes, I’m a mutant too. My powers differ from yours. You see, when people with mutations are around me, their powers cease to work. Don’t know why, don’t know how. Can’t control it, it just happens.” He said. “But I do know how to teach others to control their powers.”

“So you’re one of them too?” Evelyn asked, the tone of her voice conveying how she felt about this.

“That is, actually, what I just said.” Benjamin replied. "I get it, your parents lied to you. But now it's time for you to make a choice, since you know the truth. You can stay, and continue having these problems, potentially endangering yourself or others, or you can come with me, and I can teach you how to control it, how to stop the mutation from hurting you."

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:29 am

Autumn's vital signs began dropping and returning to normal levels as she listened to Benjamin, her hands fell into her lap, a heavy sigh escaping her lips as she spoke.
“I just don’t understand….Why me?” She said with a labored breath.

Benjamin smiled and placed a hand upon her shoulder. “There is nothing wrong with who you are, what you have is something special…” He attempted to continue but was cut off by an irate Evelyn who at this point was fuming. “How can you say she is special!? She is a freak of nature! She will never fit in!”

James Conway simply shook his head at his wife and sighed as he turned away from the bed which Autumn was laying in. His broad arms coming up to his chest as he began thinking over the possibilities, and then there was the voice of his wife which filled his head with her objections. “Evelyn...” He said to no avail as Evelyn continued her tirade against Benjamin and anything mutant.

“And furthermore, you think I’m going to let you take my daughter so some freakish Academy for “gifted” children!?” She threw her hands up and moved towards Autumn quickly, but James brought a hand up and grabbed his wife by the shoulder and pulled her back. “Evelyn, it’s what is best for Autumn…”

Evelyn’s eyes widened at the words coming out of James mouth as she turned to look upon the man she loved and the father of her only child. She was stunned, she couldn't believe he was agreeing to such a thing. Her voice croaked, her eyes bristled with tears and she could only manage to get out the word… “Why!” before she rushed out of the Hospital room, crying into both of her hands.

James quietly shook his head as he watched Evelyn leave, a deep sigh coming from the rough older man. His hands came to his hips as he turned towards Autumn and Benjamin. “Well, princess, I guess we’ll make arrangements to get you where you need to be…?” He said with a soft smile on his face towards Autumn, but as his gaze shifted to Benjamin, it went a bit stern. “Will we be able to see her again?”

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:04 am

“I don’t see why not. At the school that I’m a part of, we encourage the parents to visit and to ensure that they continue to be part of the children’s lives. Anything else would be detrimental to the development of the child.” Benjamin said with a small smile. “Granted, we’d encourage the parents to wait a little while before visiting, to reinforce the necessary changes and to allow the child time to adjust to the school and make friends, but of course, we welcome the parents to visit.” He said.

“That’s good.” James said. He looked between Benjamin and his daughter. “I think we should make the transition as soon as possible and as quickly as possible.”

“Daddy?” Autumn asked, confused.

“Well, your mother isn’t going to take any of this well, as you can see. I’m only thinking about what’s best for the two of you.” He said.

“Your father is right.” Benjamin said to Autumn.

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:31 am

Autumn was reluctant at first; the tears came to her eyes and burned the very fabric of her core on so many levels. She didn’t feel like it was a rejection but a sense of isolation, isolation from the ones she loved so much. Arlee was all she knew for the past 15 years and she thought when the time came, she would move on her own terms and conditions, not like this.

The time spending goodbye was very tense and very dreadful for both James and Autumn, but more so for Autumn and Evelyn. Her mother barely spoke a word, rejecting the notion in her mind that Autumn had a blessed gift and could use her abilities for the greater good. In the mind of her mother, her child was all but dead. Autumn could sense the rage from her mother, she could hear the woman’s thoughts echoing in her own mind.

Unfortunately, for Autumn, it was only bits and pieces of words. These words were the harshest ones, not the full sentences. By the time it was said and done, she couldn’t look at her mother or father as the distress caused her mutation to become uncontrollable. The ride to the airport was uneventful for her and of course everything else seemed like a blur, except for Benjamin. The man was comforting and kind to her each step of the way. He made valiant and sometimes successful attempts to distract her mind from the misery that encompassed her, and that felt good.

It was nice to know there were others out there like her…

Ninzi

Post by Ninzi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:39 pm

“Yeah it looks interesting.” He said, bringing his smoothie up to his face and taking a long gulp.

“How do you drink that stuff?” Audrey asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jacob looked at the container. It was a smoothie that Thalia had made. She’d insisted that he drink it, and it wasn’t like he was going to say no to her. After all, they were friends, and she was the most welcoming, most accepting person he’d ever met in his life. But at the same time, she could ramble on and on about nature and making sure that one lived a harmonious life. Sometimes, he just tuned her out. Which the blender didn’t make too difficult a job. So when she handed him smoothies or drinks that she’d concocted, he just took them and drank them. Not that he cared. With his new mutation, Jacob had yet to find anything that he couldn’t eat or drink.

“It’s an acquired taste.” He said with a grin.

“What’s in that one?” She asked. “Wait, I’m not sure I want to know.” The British girl said, but he smiled and launched into the list that he remembered, but only barely.

“Cucumber, raw spinach, honeydew melon, organic green tea, lemon juice, flax seed, raw almond butter, and ginger root.” He said. “You should try it.” He said, as Audrey made a gagging face.

She waved him off when he held it out. “Well, good luck during the field day thing.” She said, before grabbing her backpack and moving as far away from that smoothie as she could get.

Jacob chuckled and continued drinking, as he walked, thinking now, about the field day competition.
Ninzified lol.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:41 pm

When the ramp to the airplane lowered, Benjamin was out first. The woman that was at the bottom of the steps smiled and waved at him. His niece, Brooke. He headed down the steps and she reached up and hugged him. 

“Staying out of trouble?” He asked.

“You were only gone for a few days.” She said.

“Interesting. You didn’t answer my question.” Benjamin replied and she grinned.

“Alec likes to drink. I like to drink. We both like bikes. We may or may not have protested speed limits by exceeding them.” She said.

“But he has the fastest healing factor I’ve ever seen and you do not.” Benjamin said, shaking his head. “I want you to take on a little project for me, though.” He said and turned, indicating Autumn as she stepped out of the plane.

“You want me to update her fashion sense and get it away from ‘rustic’?” Brooke asked.

“No,” Benjamin said, chuckling. “I want you to help her integrate into the student population.” He said.

“Student population?” Brooke asked, raising an eyebrow. “There’s Rose Decker and then five other people.” She said. “We haven’t even opened the doors yet.”

“There’s more than five kids.” He said. “All the more reason for her to hit the ground running when it comes to making friends.” He added. “That’s your job. Do it.”

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:35 pm

-Rustic...?-

Autumn didn't mind the slight jab in an attempt to humor her; she would smile at Brooke as she boarded the plane and quietly took her seat. Brooke continued to talk to Benjamin for a few moments while the pilot warmed the plane up and before she knew it, there were in the taking off.

It wasn’t long before Brooke sat down infront of Autumn and gave her a once over, Autumn adjusted herself a bit and gave her a shy kind of smile.

“Don’t worry...” Brooke said suddenly. “You’ll fit right in, I promise…”

Autumn raised an eyebrow, the nervous smile still on her face. Her voice cracked slightly with a hint of nervous laughter. “Who said I’m worried?”

Brooke laughed. “It might as well be written on your face….”

Present Day

Autumn kept a single hand on her book, while her other hand manipulated the molecules of air around an apple with little effort. The apple itself bobbed gently up and down a few inches from her palm as she continued to read, her lips moving as she repeated each word. As she came upon the end of a page, her brows furrowed a bit and the page turned to the next. She admitted to herself at times, multi-tasking was a bit of practice but she was getting used to it.

Life being different wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be at first. So far in the past year, she managed to stay out of trouble for the most part and made a few friends. Well, atleast she liked to believe she had friends, and even if she didn’t, the prospect of being by herself wasn’t so bad. She was able to focus on her studies and feel normal and even hone in on her abilities.

The apple suddenly dropped into her hand as she looked up, eyes narrowing slightly in thought as she stopped reading.

-No, I’m not Rose Decker and this isn’t Arlee anymore…-

Her gaze shifted back down to the book and she began to read again. She didn’t know enough about Rose or anyone else for that matter to honestly make a judgment about them. Despite being here for almost a year now, it just wasn’t enough time.

She had been down the path of being popular, now being who she was had been a nice change of pace. The apple began floating once more as she began to focus on her task of manipulating molecules around it.

Indeed, she felt she made the right decision back then…

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:16 am

A bright sunny day, wonderful weather for a field day. Alessandra watched as the students slowly started to come out of the school and head to the largest field that made up Massachusetts’ Academy’s recreational areas. This field was about five acres in size, and was shaped like a long oval. Alec had set up a few bleachers when they were first constructing the school, and she figured that the seats would be packed soon. Melissa, Benjamin, and Joanna Hughes, the woman in charge of keeping everyone fed, no small task at all, had set up a number of tables with different foods for everyone. Most of it catered towards traditional Americana.

Alessandra adjusted the sunglasses that she had on, as Alec and Alec Jr. came walking over to her. Alec Jr. who had been with Alec the past few days ran over to her and flopped down at her feet, his tongue lolling out. She reached down and scratched his head before rising up, finding herself staring at Alec’s chest. He had a tendency to do that. Glaring up at him, she had to blink, despite the sunglasses, since the sun was close to his head.

“Everything ready?” She asked.

“Yep.” He said, and turned to look back at the kids that were coming out. “This should be interesting.” He added with a smirk. “Some of these kids are in my self defense classes. I’ve got money on them.”

“Alec, you can’t bet on the children.” Alessandra said.

“I can do whatever I want.” He replied with a shrug, causing her to roll her eyes in response.

She waited as the rest of the faculty came out and the students came out as well. Though a few members of the faculty had been against the end purpose of the field day, all of them were happy about the field day itself. Alessandra watched as Alec Jr. went over to one of the Martin triplets and scared the daylights out of her. It looked like it was Sam, who actually was the one who probably spent the most time around the dog as it was. After a few moments, Sam reached down and pet the puppy on the head, before moving off to find her two sisters.

Watching as the students finished piling in, Alessandra figured that it was time to get this show on the road. They had set up a small stand with a microphone and she walked over to it, taking the microphone in her hand.

“Good morning everyone. Now, you’re probably wondering why we interrupted one of your weekends, and I can understand why some of you might be a bit upset. But I promise that this weekend is going to be a lot of fun for everyone involved. There have been a number of students who have expressed interest in participating directly in the events for today.” She said. “So with no further ado, let’s get the day started.” Alessandra said.

Ninzi

Post by Ninzi » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Jacob rose from where he sat on the bleachers and walked out onto the field. He was probably the biggest guy in the competition, and he was ready to see what he could do. He had been doing well in his classes, and he had been focusing on learning how to control his mutation. His powers were always on, and sometimes it was hard to realize that the…thing that looked back at him in the mirror was actually him. Some days it was tough to be him. Other days it wasn’t that bad. But that was usually when he hung out with Thalia. Her perspective on life was refreshing and it was one that he hadn’t had that often growing up.

At that moment, she waved to him, from the bleachers and he waved back, before looking at Alessandra. He couldn’t wait to see who he’d be up against.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Drake and Nikhil both rose round about the same time and took a step forward. Which was awkward for the person sitting in between the two of them. Rose looked up as the two boys blocked out the sun for a moment. They inadvertently started jostling for space and then Drake turned to Nikhil and said something, which caused the Indian boy’s face to turn into a mini scowl. Rose’s own face changed slightly. Why did Drake always have to say something sarcastic to Nikhil? Always. She shook her head as the two boys took their spots on the field.

peayitforward

Post by peayitforward » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:41 am

Audrey sat in the stands, looking out at the kids that were joining the field day. She had wanted to go for it, but her father had asked her not to do so. It had been a bit strange. Considering his powers, and their proclivity towards being daredevils, Audrey had assumed that he would be okay with her being in the field day. But he had asked her not to sign up. So she’d be sitting on the sidelines watching. Her eyes caught Nikhil and Drake walking down and she looked over at where Rose was.

Rose was nervous, she could tell. The field day was a competition, revolving around powers, and both of those guys were her friends. Last thing she would want is for them to get hurt.

“Penny for your thoughts?”

Audrey turned to see Leland sitting next to her.

“Yeah, how’d you get over here so fast?” She asked.

“I’m a social butterfly.” The girl said, which was even stranger than what her dad had asked her to do. Leland was not a social butterfly. If it wasn’t for Emmett, she wouldn’t really hang out with too many people. “Emmett’s going to go out there.” She said. “Should be fun.” Leland added, turning and looking at Audrey, with her deep blue eyes.

Kiiiinda creepy.
My family puts the FUN in Dysfunctional!
"You declare War?! I Accept!"~ Crow

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:52 am

Leland didn’t have too much time to spend with Audrey, however. Looking to her left, she saw the lumbering, gentle giant of Emmett get up and head down the bleachers towards the ground. She knew that he’d do well during the field day. This was an important day for the school, even if many of the people in attendance, including the faculty, didn’t know that. But Leland did. She knew stuff. She watched as Sean Wright, who had recently returned from England after receiving news that his parents had been in a vicious car accident also got up and walked down the bleachers.

Next, Emerson Renssalier rose. Emerson had been a student at the Academy for a while, but she was a quiet girl, somewhat shy. She had been born and raised in Germany, until she had found out that she was a mutant. Her mother had sent her to Massachusetts Academy. That had to be an interesting life, Leland mused. Emerson’s mother was a renowned criminal. In charge of one of the largest criminal organizations in the world, and definitely in Germany, her mother had various deals in place with different law enforcement agencies and governments that allowed her to stay out of prison.

That had to be a unique life for Emerson to come from.

Last but not least, Leland watched with a smile as Samantha Martin got up, handing her sister, in kitten form, to her other sister, Mara. Samantha was one of the triplets, who many in the school affectionately referred to as the Dreamers, due to the behavior of all three, but in particular, of the littlest Martin, Minerva called Minnie. The Dreamers were the adopted children of Peay and Paul Martin, and they had come to the school after discovering their powers. They actually were from Duxbury, which was pretty close to where the school was.

Samantha wasn’t the most outspoken of the three, but she was the most tomboyish. She had authority issues, since Mara often times took charge of the three. But Samantha had found a good mentor in Alec Partridge, from what Leland understood.

“They’re missing someone.” Someone said, and Leland counted, realizing that they were right.

Nikhil, Drake, Emerson, Sam, Jacob, Emmett, and Sean. That was seven when there were supposed to be eight.

Turning back to Audrey, Leland smiled. “Penny for your thoughts?” She asked, again.

peayitforward

Post by peayitforward » Tue May 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Audrey looked at Leland with a confused look on her face. How did the girl know that she had been interested in being a part of the field day competition? It didn’t make any sense. Leland knew the future, from what Audrey understood, but she didn’t have any powers in regards to reading someone’s mind. As far as Audrey knew. Maybe she did? Either way, Audrey was being stared at and she needed to make a decision. Turning, she looked at her father.

The look on his face was one that she didn’t want to argue with, but a part of her knew that though he’d be upset with what she was about to do, he’d understand it. She and her family had always been daredevils; they’d always risked things. So it just made sense.

Rising from where she was seated on the bleachers, Audrey set her face square as she walked down, and joined the group on the field.

“I’m ready.” She said, to Alessandra and Alec.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed May 07, 2014 10:36 am

Looking down at a clipboard, Alessandra added in Audrey’s name. They had their eight competitors. “Alright, so we’re going to do this single elimination style. Each round goes for three minutes, with three rounds, unless you knock your opponent out in one of the rounds.” She said.

“Seems kind of unfair for some people.” Sam said, reaching a hand up and lightly pushing into Jacob’s massive arms.

“I’ll play nice.” He said with a smile to the little girl.

Sam’s nose twitched. “Totally uncool.”

“Well that’s part of what this is about.” Alessandra said. “Everyone has different powers, so what happens if you come into conflict with someone who has a power set that’s different and seems ‘stronger’ than yours?” She asked.

“We call Mr. Partridge.” Emerson said with a wry grin.

A few of the students laughed, as Emerson referenced the often times grumpy man who stood to Alessandra’s side. He just smirked for his part. Nobody in the school could think of anyone that could take Alec.

“Alec won’t always be around.” Alessandra replied. She looked back down at the clipboard. “Alright, here are the matchups. On one side, Emmett will face Emerson. Nikhil will face Jacob. On the other side, Drake will face Audrey, which leaves Sean and Sam to face each other. The winner of each match advances to the semi finals. Let’s start with Drake and Audrey.” She said.

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost » Wed May 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Autumn leaned against her knees as she watched the people out on the field, her amber colored eyes gazed at each person as they began preparations to begin their bouts. A sigh escaped her lips as she brought her hands up to the upper part of her arms and gripped the fabric of her shirt tightly. She was bored more than she ever had been before, for some reason she had been dragged out of her little reading time into this circle of competition, only to not be able to do anything but watch...then again she didn't know that she would have wanted to fight anyone in the first place.

Well, she didn't know if one would call it fighting, but either way...it didn't look like some things were going to be friendly. Small wisps of hair brushed over her face as the wind blew in from the South, sending a gentle breeze across the open field and through the bleachers causing her to grip the cloth tighter. This would be interesting to see each individual display their own powers and gifts but for her, it wasn't something she felt comfortable with yet.

She had been at the Academy for almost a year now, and she really didn't feel like she had much beyond her studies and books. She tried as best as she could to keep to herself, but there was always someone who would be preventing her from doing that, typically it was one of the Professors or Instructors who pushed someone onto her in some polite way.

It was nice at times but at other times, she felt a bit shy. Again, she never could pin-point why. Everyone here was like her, there wasn't a "norm" so to speak.

Everyone was a mutant...

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow » Mon May 12, 2014 5:47 am

Emerson shook herself, getting loose as she looked across the field at the person who was her opponent for the opening match. Emmett was big that was for sure. His powers allowed him to change into any animal. When he did that, he gained their attributes. If he became a cheetah for example, he would gain the animal's speed.
From everything that she had seen, he could change almost on a dime, making a straight up confrontation not the smartest thing to do. Luckily for her, she was not interested in a straight up confrontation. The girl waited until the signal was given that they should begin.

Then Emmett's world was plunged into a dream. He was bombarded by fire and lightning all around him. But the thing was, it was all in his head. Emerson's powers gave her the ability to cause rampant illusions in the mind. Few people could resist them. She'd even managed to hit one of the teachers with it before, during training. You had to have an incredibly strong will to stop Emerson.

While she was friends with Emmett, she didn't know that much about him since he really only hung out with Leland. Had she know more about his past, elements from that past could have been woven in, making it that much more realistic. As it was, Emmett was moving around, waving his arms. Trying to get away from the fire that was erupting from the ground. She had to get him to morph into an animal, and she knew exactly what kind she wanted him to morph into. In order to get away from the fire that was on the ground, Emmett would have to go vertical.

He’d have to up.

For him, there was only one way to do that. So when he started morphing, for the first time, Emerson knew that this was her chance. He shifted, regaining enough mental balance and composure to turn himself into a bird of some sort. A hawk.

He started to fly upwards, but she quickly found a way around that. The illusion shifted, so that Emmett was back home in North Dakota. That much she knew about him, so she built an illusion based on forests and mountains and she could feel the calm in him now. This gave him a sense of comfort, until, in the illusion a hunter appeared and fired a net. Even though there was no net, Emmett started falling from the sky.

Emerson smiled, knowing that despite the gentle giant’s composure and demeanor otherwise; she knew that right now, she had him in the palm of her hands. Running forward, she went back to the basics of fighting that her older sister had taught her. She was up in the air, and she came down, bringing both of her fists, held together, down as hard as she could on the top of his little bird head. Therein lied the weakness of Emmett Lutz, affectionately called Beast Boy by some.

When he morphed into another animal, he gained their strengths and abilities. But he also gained their weaknesses. A bird’s skull was not as strong or as durable as a human skull. Which meant that should she be able to inflict injury that otherwise she would be unable to do, were he in his human form.

Emmett lay on the ground, back in his human form.

Knocked out.

“Emerson Renssalier advances.” Alec said.

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow » Thu May 22, 2014 9:35 pm

The Sam and Sean match was next.

Both opponents stood across from each other, and stared at each other. Sam’s nose twitched as she looked out at the boy. There was hesistation on his face, but she wasn’t sure why.

They were friends. Well, kind of. She tolerated him, but that was because her sister was bossy and insisted that she tolerate him. Then again, Sam didn’t have any reason not to like Sean, but she wasn’t friends with him the way that Mara was. She could see her sisters sitting up in the stands. Mara was in their human form, but Minnie was, true to self, in her cat form, and sitting on Mara’s lap, her eyes wide as she watched the proceedings.

They had explained to Minnie that everything was pretend and that neither Sam nor Sean, nor anyone in the fights really disliked each other or was going to actually try to harm the other. But how well the Martin girl truly understood that was a different matter altogether.

When the whistle sounded, Sam’s eyes snapped back to Sean. He was already moving, his hands outstretched, and she felt the ground start to shake underneath her. His powers were seismic based, that much she knew. Sam had seen him use his powers before, and she understood what they could do. So she started running forward, knowing that while Sean was well versed in dealing with objects and using his powers overall, he had a much harder time targeting moving objects.

Sam paid attention in her classes.

Sean meanwhile, frowned as he tried to focus wave after wave of seismic energy in the direction of the girl. He watched as his waves, which he could see as gray circles missed her again and again. Knowing your limitations was important, and he knew that he had a tough time hitting moving targets. It was something that he had been working on in Dr. Grammer’s classes, but not something that had taken very well, yet.

He smiled, when a misstep of Sam’s forced her path into conflict with the path of one of his streams. She was picked up and tossed backwards, and he started running forward, to capitalize on his attack. The two fighters had the benefit of knowing a lot about what the other could do. As long as he kept her busy, Sean knew that Sam would be unable to use her own powers. The last thing he wanted to do was to be deaf, blind, and dumb. Sam hadn’t picked up the nickname of Darkness for nothing. She could rob someone of their senses, all five of them, with nary a thought.

But what he hadn’t counted on was where they were fighting. For in another situation, without all the spectators, Sam would have been very vulnerable in the predicament that she was. However, they were in the situation that they found themselves in. Which meant that her sisters were close by. The Dreamers’ powers, when together, had started to kick in. Sam now had access to all of her sisters thoughts and thought patterns. More importantly than that, she had a small modicum of precognition.

Transforming into her all black cat form, the girl started darting around, knowing where Sean was going to target next. Within moments, she was upon him, and in mid jump, she transformed back into her human form, colliding with him head on. The two of them were thrown to the ground, and fell into a heap. Sam scrambled backwards, but her precognition awareness was a bit dazed from the collision. She was trying to clear herself, shaking her head, when she looked up at Sean, who was standing over her. His hand was out and she could feel him getting ready to hit her with another one of his seismic blasts. This one she wasn’t going to be able to dodge.

“Are you really going to hurt me?” She asked, knowing the last thing that she could try to give her an edge. Whenever she had been around Alec, he had always stressed that she needed to understand the situation that she found herself in and play to her strengths. Most of the time she had been complaining about her sisters or a class, but the words hadn’t fallen on deaf ears.

“What?” Sean asked, hesitating.

“I look just like my sister.” Sam said, referring to Mara.

“But you’re-“

That was all that it took, giving her the time for her eyes to turn to black orbs. Sean was plunged into a world of darkness, where he couldn’t see anything, or touch anything. Sean’s ultimate weakness wasn’t his powers, not in this situation. It was his burgeoning feelings for her sister Mara. The girls were triplets, and identical in that regard. Which meant that she looked exactly like her sister. The only thing that made them different was how they dressed and their personalities. But in the heat of the moment, to Sean, all he would have seen was Mara’s face.

“Good to know you really like my sister, Sean.” Sam said, as her fist came around in the tight hook that Alec had been teaching a few weeks prior in his self-defense class.

“Samantha Martin advances.” Alec said, a few moments later.

Ninzi

Post by Ninzi » Fri May 23, 2014 7:50 am

When it came to size, at Massachusetts’ Academy, no one could beat Jacob Wesley. Even Emmett Lutz, the big lumbering giant of the school gave up height and weight to Jacob. The boy cracked his neck as he walked out on the field, with a smile on his face. He knew what was going to win him this fight. Power, raw power, that was his key to winning. In the few weeks that he had been at the school, Jacob had gotten to know a lot of the students. His closest friend was Thalia Carlisle, and she had a been a big help in getting him out of his shell. Jacob didn’t blame himself anymore for his mutation. That much Alessandra had stressed, and his classes had reinforced.

But he knew that he was to blame for other people’s feelings when it came to him as a mutant, if, when he met them and interacted with them, he didn’t put his best foot forward and act responsibly.

He wanted to learn how to better control his powers, so that he could be a force for good. When things like natural disasters happened, Jacob could be someone who helped. That was what he wanted to do with his life. He’d been a scared child when he had gotten his powers, but he felt confident to say that he was on the path to becoming a responsible person.

Looking out, he saw the scrawny Indian kid. Nikhil Patel was well known around the school, and acknowledged as one of the smartest kids in the school. A lot of people had gone to him for extra help when it came to math or science. But there was one thing that Nikhil wasn’t, and that was physical. He was not the kind of person who looked like they had ever played a sport in their lives.

As soon as the whistle blew, Jacob took off, starting his run. Nikhil’s eyes widened, as the ground was starting to shake as the weight of each of Jacob’s feet pounded against the ground. Nikhil reached out and started to shoot some of his energy blasts. Though they hit Jacob in the chest, the damage was insignificant, compared to the boy’s ability to withstand punishment. His entire body was comprised of rock. Realistically, unless Nikhil turned up the juice, there was no way that Jacob was going to feel a thing.

Nikhl had to dive out of the way to dodge Jacob’s charge. The boy tried to roll, but it didn’t end up as good as he would have liked. He turned and shot a blast of energy at Jacob, but when it hit him, in the back of the leg, there was no response. Nikhil frowned.

“Damn it, Patel, hit him harder! Stop being a wussy!” Drake yelled out and Nikhil turned, pushing his glasses up higher on his face.

“No, I hadn’t realized that. Thank you for your observation.”

“Nikhil, look out!” Rose yelled from the bleachers, and the crowd of kids made an “oooh” sound, as Nikhil turned around and got plowed straight through by Jacob.

“Oh Christ, the Indian kid is dead.” Alec said, getting up from where he was sitting.

It definitely looked that way.
Ninzified lol.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Tue May 27, 2014 5:46 am

Why had he agreed to this? There was no reason why he had done this, signed up for this field day competition. No that wasn’t true. Nikhil stared up at the sky, groaning in the impression of himself that he was in. Drake had signed up without even thinking about it, and Rose had been there, and had, at least to Nikhil, expressed some sort of admiration for his decision. So without thinking, he too had signed up on the spot. In hindsight, it was a very painful decision.

He rolled up out of the indent. While he wasn’t sure how he had survived that trucking, Nikhil figured it had something to do with his mutation. Either way, he needed to figure out how to stop Jacob Wesley, so he could advance in this competition that was more about impression Rose, to him, than it was about actually winning. Turning, on one knee, he saw Jacob with his back towards him, starting to turn around. Apparently, the charge had taken a lot out of the boy.

“The Indian kid isn’t dead?” Alec asked.

“Not quite.” Nikhil said, raising a hand and waving slightly. There was a cheer that went up from the bleachers, and though he couldn’t see it, Rose had a look of pure relief on her face.

Jacob turned around, his rocky face one of shock. Then he frowned. Maybe he’d hit Nikhil with his best shot and was now a little upset that the Indian kid hadn’t been down for the count. Trudging forward, he started to pick up speed again.

Okay, okay. What do I need to do to win? Nikhil thought, his hands starting to shake a bit, as he took a few uncertain steps backwards. It’s his legs. I shoot things, so I don’t have to be up close. He does. Take the legs! The final part of the thought came more as a mental scream, as Nikhil dove out of the way.

Now that he had his strategy, he set about it. A stream of energy from his hands slammed into the back of Jacob’s foot, where Nikhil surmised the larger boy’s Achilles tendon would be. Jacob took a staggering step forward, and fell down to the ground, on one knee. With his eyes wide that Nikhil had managed to hurt him, Jacob turned to see Nikhil running, shooting beam after beam of energy. Turning up the heat, so to speak, Nikhil blasted away at Jacob’s face.

Moments later, Jacob was on the ground, unconscious, a bit of steam or some sort of vapor rising from his face.

“Nikhil…Nikhil Patel advances.” Alec said, before he and Jolt went out onto the field to help Jacob, Alessandra using her telekinesis to move the boy to the rest area where Shane Grammer and Benjamin Grant were waiting with their medical equipment.

peayitforward

Post by peayitforward » Tue May 27, 2014 11:27 am

“Audrey, I thought we talked about this.”

Audrey turned when she heard her father’s voice. She had been waiting for her turn to go out on the field, and she knew that her match was next. Everyone else in the first round had gone already. It was time for her and Drake to go.

“I’m sorry Dad. I wanted to do it, and it’s just a sparring match. We’ve done far more dangerous things than this. Remember that time we went snowboarding, and you…died?” She asked.

“This is different.” Vincent Reeve said. “You don’t understand the implications of what today is. It’s not just a sparring match, Audrey.” He said, and shook his head. “You can’t…” He said.

“Dad, it’s my life.” She said. “We’ve always done things that way.” Audrey said, frowning. “It’ll be fine, I promise.” She added, and then walked out onto the field, not seeing the look on her father’s face.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Swagger. That was how a lot of the students would have termed it. It was swagger that was in Charles Drake Durant’s walk as he strode onto the field. It wasn’t the swagger of an overly cocky person, it was the swagger of someone who was sure of himself and knew that he was good. Granted, he was rather disinterested in everything that was going on today, but he was interested in winning the competition that the school was having. Normally Drake wasn’t that keen on this sort of thing, but he knew that Rose had shown some interest in it, so he at least wanted to throw his hat into the ring.

Though the girl in front of him was really good looking.

Drake had been around the English girl in the past and she was okay to hang out with. But that wasn’t going to stop him today.

The two of them waited for the signal to start. Drake was already warming up, letting a storm of energy surround his hands, and swirl around his body. The reddish and yellow energy was pretty potent, and he’d gone out of his way to absorb extra juice that day.

Drake’s powers revolved around his ability to absorb energy. Alec Partridge had set up a few energy displacement stations, so that kids whose powers involved absorption, could charge themselves before classes. All of the stations were supervised, but Drake had found a way around them, by getting other people to transfer their energy to him, after they’d absorbed it.

Which meant that he had a damn sizable reserve to work with.

Smiling, he started the fight, as soon as the signal was given. This girl was a telepath, amongst other things. He couldn’t give her any time to think.

peayitforward

Post by peayitforward » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:00 am

That was the beauty behind being a telepath. You had amazing abilities and all you had to do was think. Audrey’s mind reached out and latched on to Drake’s mind. She pushed against it, and he slowed down his movements. Audrey was strong, very strong, in telepathy, but she suffered from the same problem that Rose Decker did. She wasn’t able to always properly control it. That was one of the reasons why she was at the school in the first place. It was one of the drawbacks of being a telepath or telekinetic at such a young age. The powers placed a lot of stress on the mind.

It seemed as though Drake knew this.

Made sense, he was practically dating Rose Decker, and they were around each other a lot of the time. He was fighting her, gritting his teeth in order to do so. Audrey pushed again, this time giving the telepathic attack a little teeth. He fell backwards, on to the ground, but he threw his hand out.

A concussive force of energy hit Audrey and launched her backwards. While it didn’t hurt her that much, she’d taken worse hits snowboarding, that hadn’t been the purpose, she realized. He’d done it just to break her concentration. His mind had been freed, and now the serious attacks were coming.

She got a force field up, but it fell. Then another and another, as Drake walked towards her, but all of them fell. She could barely make out his face, as the stream of energy splashed over the purple tinted telekinetic shield. Audrey had one last ditch attack. She created a shield, pouring all of her concentration into it and then pushed outwards with it. Making it expand rapidly outwards, she used it as a knock back attack and it worked.

Drake fell to the ground, dazed and he had to shake his head to clear himself. Audrey smiled. She had known that it would work. But as the world started to go black, she realized that she had underestimated how much it would drain her to do just that.

“Drake advances.” Alec said, as Audrey’s father rushed out on to the field, his eyes wide.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:18 pm

It was time for the next round. The teachers had given everyone a short break, which had included telling everyone that there would be rides and booths later, not unlike a carnival. Audrey’s father had gone with his daughter to the medical wing, so that she could be properly checked out, but it looked as though she would be fine. She was unconscious, the shock having overloaded her system, but she would pull through just fine it seemed. Now it was time for the semifinals, and Nikhil and Emerson were up.

The Indian boy walked back onto the field, this time with louder cheers from the crowd. Few people had expected him to get past Jacob Wesley, due to the sheer size difference. But the fact that he had survived had rallied a few people to chant his name.

He adjusted his shirt, smoothing out wrinkles as he stood there.

“You don’t need to look pretty, Nicky.”

Nikhil’s eyes narrowed at Drake’s yelling, and the nickname that he had repeatedly asked Drake not to use. His roommate could be very tiring and very annoying. But Drake did have a point. He didn’t have to look pretty, all he had to do was be effective.

His opponent this round was Emerson. This was going to be tough.

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:36 pm

The girl gritted her teeth, wincing at the pain. Nikhil had gotten the jump on her, yet again. She couldn’t figure out why her mental illusions weren’t working on him. Not matter what she had tried to throw at him, he had been able to break free of it. It didn’t make sense. She had never met someone that she had been unable to use her illusion powers on, except for Alec Partridge. But that was because she doubted that he was scared of anything. As it was, Emerson was a bit scared that the next hit she took from Nikhil was going to do more than just give her superficial burns on her back.

It would hurt to lie down for a few days, that was for sure.

Emerson rolled on the ground, wincing again as her back came into contact with the dirt. Coming up on one knee, she tried again, casting her mind outwards. She came into contact with Nikhil’s and found the blocks again, but realized that she was breaking through them with each time that she pushed against him. Now it made sense. It had been obvious from the moment that he had won his fight that he would be going up against her. He didn’t have a reputation for being incredibly smart for a reason.

Nikhil had been trying to ward his mind from her intrusion. When you had a friend like Rose Decker, and you were around that kind of telepath a lot, it made sense to have some practice dealing with mental blocks. She should have seen it coming.

The problem though was that she needed to remain still in order for her illusions to take hold. Once they were in, she could move around, as long as she maintained the mental connection. But until the hooks were in, she had to stay still to concentrate. That was the problem.

So it didn’t surprise her in the slightest when a few moments later, Nikhil’s blast of energy had knocked her backwards. She struggled to rise, and was hit again.

“Please stay down. You’re very strong, and I don’t want to hurt you.” The Indian kid said.

Emerson looked at him and realized that he had a point. He’d won by out thinking her. So she stayed down.

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:50 am

OOC: Figured I'd start the Sam/Drake fight. Cause the slugfest after it is going to be a doozy.

IC:

Sam’s palms were sweaty as she walked out onto the field again. Mara and Minnie had been with her during the break, and Minnie had been very concerned with chasing some kind of squirrel that they’d found. Mara on the other hand had talked with her sister and they had spoken about the upcoming match. Sam had to face Drake. Drake had a reputation around the school. He was the bad boy of Massachusetts Academy. Disrespectful sometimes to the other students, he liked creating order out of chaos, chaos that he had usually created in the first place. Best friends with Rose Decker, the two had grown up together in the town of Metropolis that they had come from. Drake was the guy that could beat up anyone, at anything, something that was constantly rubbed in his roommate’s face.

So she knew walking into this that it was going to be a challenge. Sam wished her parents were here. In many respects, Sam took after their father, Mara took after their mother, and Minnie was just all over the place, a bit of both. Sam was like Paul Martin, cautious, testing the waters, investigating everything before making up her mind about things. Mara was exactly like Peay Martin. When she saw a problem, well, she just lowered her shoulder and tackled it head on. Headstrong wasn’t the word, though stubborn had been used more than once. Two styles of behavior that complimented each other and worked well when meshed together.

God, Sam missed her adopted parents.

Her nose twitching as she walked, the girl in all black crossed the grassy terrain of the field, avoiding the holes in the ground and the debris that had been caused by the previous matches. Mara would have complained. Sam didn’t really walk places, she kind of…slouched there. Her sister was big on posture. Really big. Turning, she saw that Drake was in his spot as well.

This was going to be an interesting fight. Her powers were similar to Emerson Rensallier’s. Emerson had lost, which didn’t bode well for Sam’s chances against Drake, who had a similar powerset to Nikhil, the boy who had beaten her. It seemed strange though, that someone who’s powerset revolved around energy absorption, generation, and distribution would be able to defend against mental attacks. If there was something psionic in Nikhil’s defenses, it wouldn’t work. Alessandra had long ago identified that none of the Dreamer triplets’ powers were psionic in nature.

Best to keep her eye on the prize however, as the signal to start went off.

Sam smiled as Drake started running towards her and then tripped, on an unseen divot in the ground. He couldn’t see anymore. He couldn’t feel anymore. He couldn’t smell or taste anymore, even if that would have helped him. He definitely couldn’t hear anymore. Her powers had just removed every sense from him. Drake’s sense of equilibrium had to be running haywire right now. Slowly, she started walking towards him, and as she did, Sam displayed one of the rarely used powers of the Dreamer triplets.

Bone claws from each of her fingertips.