Ship adding and upgrading

Please check daily for announcements and bring in your ideas/reports/suggestions.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Ship adding and upgrading

Post by kashus_Draith » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:41 pm

To all it may concern, which means it's to all Moders' Admins', and finally veteran Rpers'.
I want to bring in a new class ship to the Exodus and I wanted to find out if it is okay for me to do so. The ship is a Corvette class that isn't a canon ship from the SW galaxy. I was hoping to get permission to be able to bring it into our happy home the Exodus?

I am aware that you need to RP new tech for the galaxy.
Only Standard Tech with one exception: I know there are many people who enjoy research on the threads, for those people new tech can be developed as long as it is realistically RPed over a period of time on the boards. And of course, that is open to interpretation.

The best thing to do is to observe your selected thread before posting, as many threads observe these suggestions in certain situations and not others.
This is all the rules that I could find that pertains to my question about creating a new ship for Exodus.

I have stated on Vladimir Brehk's Wiki. Pretty much what I stated was that Brehk's family was a wealthy family within the Republic and later the Empire. Brehk is a NPC character, so he is only for background usage.
I was hoping that I will be allowed to create this ship for the Galaxy. It would be a revenue source for my NPC's organization, and I do plan on making an official thread that pertains to distribution of the ship and all that logistical jargon that I wont bore you with.
I can assure you that the ship will be allowed to all the Governments and organizations in Exodus galaxy. The ship will have two modes, a combat mode for military use and a transport mode.

=-=-=-=

I also have a second question. Can I upgrade a Venator-class ship that was obtained during the Clone Wars? I have already Rped some of the history but I will state it here. A surviving Jedi and a ship captain for the Republic had three Venators under his command during the war. The Jedi assigned to the battle group and the naval officer were against cloning and they had non-clone crews for their battle group. One Venator was destroyed during the war and the other two escaped. The Brotherhood has these other two Venators. One isn't operation because they used parts from one to build up the second one. The Brotherhood have created a different ship from one of the Venators that they procured. They finally have finished the ship. It is a completely different ship then a Venator. It has shortened its fighter capacity for better engines and better armaments/weaponry.
Last edited by kashus_Draith on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Re: Ship adding and upgrading

Post by Balsa » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:46 pm

There really is only one word you need to ask yourself: Why?

When you consider your reasons, you'll be able to find an answer.

(Cryptic, I know, but it's true!)

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:52 pm

I take it you are referring to my first question.

The question is why do we do this? Why do we make fake characters and rp them, the same reason why we make fake governments and add in fake ships that are from those governments, because we can and it enriches our made-up Galaxy. Anyways, I like the look of the ship that I talking about. :)

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:58 pm

No, I'm asking, why do you want to create this ship? I'm also asking why are you upgrading the Venerator?

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:09 pm

There is a lot I don't like about the Venator but I like the frame of the ship. It needed to be upgraded because the Brotherhood need it to be a long range ship that can sustain itself alone, because the Brotherhood is a secret organization.

My reasons for bring in a new ship is because I like the looks of it, and a need a ships for a independent ship factory.

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm more concerned with stats. But as long as it can't take on a heavy cruiser or star destroyer and emerge victorious, it should be fine. Although I would like to see some stats.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:40 pm

We've got many examples of people making their own ship designs, as seen here: http://starwars-exodus.wikia.com/wiki/C ... odus_Ships

Just make sure the specs are reasonable and there shouldn't be any problems.
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Don't take these stats for granted, I'm only going by memory. I have all the info on my old computer. Remember this is built from a Venator-class ship.

14x Heavy Turbolasers
2 Medium Dual Turbolasers
60 point Defense Laser Cannons
4 Proton Torpedo Tubes
6 Tractor Beam Projectors

4x Starfighter Squadrons
2x Light Transports

Crew: 4,800 skeleton crew about 2,400

Passengers I believe I had somewhere around 2000-4000

Hull 1,800
Shields 3,920

Length 1,137 meters
Width 550 meters
Height 274 meters

As you can see, you would need about 10 of these ships to take on a SDMk1.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:12 pm

kashus_Draith wrote:I take it you are referring to my first question.

The question is why do we do this? Why do we make fake characters and rp them, the same reason why we make fake governments and add in fake ships that are from those governments, because we can and it enriches our made-up Galaxy. Anyways, I like the look of the ship that I talking about. :)
I created an entire race of fake people just so I can play one character. :P
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Pryde2000 wrote:I created an entire race of fake people just so I can play one character. :P
That's my man, right there. :D ;)

I'm with you on that Pryde.

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:35 pm

I don't see any problems with the stats. But when I asked for stats, I was actually referring to the corvette. But the stats for the modified Venator looks reasonable to me (easy to say, considering I made this).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins

My characters

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:45 pm

The Brotherhood don't have a fleet. I they have the two venators and some Corellian corvettes and some other smaller transports, but like I said, I'm only going off of memory.

The Corvette stats are something like this...

4x Duel turbolaser cannons
2x Torpedo tubs
6x laser cannons

190 meters

That's all that I can remember.

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:02 pm

Well, that looks fair to me.

My characters