Any community problems with TSA?

Please check daily for announcements and bring in your ideas/reports/suggestions.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Should IonFizzle be allowed to Re-Open TSA?

Yes, I feel he is responsible and a fair RPer
30%
Yes, for other reason
60%
No, I feel his non-involvement in community affairs too deep
No votes
No, in my experience is is irresponsible and a bad RPer
No votes
No, for other reason
10%

Total votes: 10

IonFizzle
King of Meeps

Any community problems with TSA?

Post by IonFizzle » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:54 pm

Exodus Board Members,

Hi. I'm IonFizzle, most of you know me. If you know me, you know that about 8 months-1 year ago, I was banned from the Star Wars Galaxies official forums for posting some mild flames and some humor that was less than polite (but which I still maintain was not grounds for banning)

I understand that some of you might feel that in my absence my skills have become rusty and my RPing under-quality, and that I should not have a say in what the new community is like due to my not being familiar with an online community in almost a year. I understand these feelings.

But let me assure the boards that I still maintain online community browsing. In the fallout from being banned from Sony's SWG boards, I signed up at Icrontic Tech Forums, DrAlbertHoffman's new Matrix boards, and of course I had a previous seldom-used GATcity membership.

Despite my keeping up with online affairs, I still acknowledge and respect any feelings of resentment or intrusion anyone harbor for me, and if it is the will of the community, I will gladly disengage myself with any discussion having to do with the running of the boards and start again as a 'n00b'.

My request today is simple. The main pursuit of my sole RP character, Tanner Genra (despite a breif jedi romp as Tal Verra), was the management and ownership of a medium sized shipyard, Tenabrium Shipyard Arrays, or TSA, previously known as the Titanium Shipyard Arrays.

The way TSA was run was not to compete with superior manufacturers, but to cooperate with them, and buy rights to limited use of their names. TSA had fairly close ties with ECE (Esran Croft Enterprises) and at a time bought Incom. The name of TSA swelled to TSAECEIC Shipyards.

But then Tanner went rogue. He spent his time building up the massive Omicron fleet, a fleet of over twenty super-advanced war vessels. He joined the Imperial Remnant, and attacked the New Republic world of Mon Calamari. being soundly defeated by the New Republc's most brilliant admiral (Nich) and turning over the entire Omicron fleet to NR custody.

Tanner was put in NR prison, put on trial, and showed sincere repentence, and since he'd actually fired on or destroyed no Republic personnel or property, he was fined heavily (4 of his 6.7 billion credits) and set free.

Now, fellow RPers, I wish to RP in a New Republic-era timeline, the reestablishment of the Tenabrium Shipyard Arrays. With his remaining 2.7 Billion, Tanner will rebuild and restock the shipyards, and seek the New Republic's blessing to become an official Republic Navy Shipyard, based over a world as of yet undetermined.

If any have any objections to Tanner's running of TSA, please simply click the negetive option of the poll. By no means do you have to explain why not, but as a fellow RPer I would appreciate it.

Regards from a returned roleplayer,
Cameron, A.K.A. IonFizzle
RPer & Friend e-mail: thefizzle@fascination.com
Junk, Foward, or Unimportant email: ionfizzle@hotmail.com
P4 @ 2.4Ghz | R 9700 Pro | 512MB PC2100 DDR | 60GB Maxtor

Daridium_Slash
The Darkness Within

Post by Daridium_Slash » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:05 pm

Am I still allowed to be the Defense guy? ;)

IonFizzle
King of Meeps

Post by IonFizzle » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:10 pm

If TSA is accepted in the community, pending approval Daridium Slash and his appointed RP character will be accorded the position of Tenabrium Shipyards Minister of Defense. He will be accorded a personal Home Defense fleet to meet this end.

:)

Daridium_Slash
The Darkness Within

Post by Daridium_Slash » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:12 pm

Yah! Thanks Cam, I owe you one, or two, can't keep track... 8)
"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."-Napoleon-

IonFizzle
King of Meeps

Post by IonFizzle » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:21 pm

I'll put it on your tab.

;)

IonFizzle
King of Meeps

Post by IonFizzle » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:21 pm

That's 3 for and 1 against so far.

PalinSoulForge

Post by PalinSoulForge » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:38 pm

Hey Ion, its great to see that your coming back to us. Send me a im on aim or msn.

palinforge
dark_cleck@hotmail.com

p.s. Yes this is Palin.. I changed my name awhile back.

IonFizzle
King of Meeps

Post by IonFizzle » Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:28 pm

Hey Palin, good to see ya!

thats a ratio of 7:1, and except for 1 person it appears that no one has any major problems. I'll keep the poll open anyway.

Thanks guys. :)