Thanks - and good luck!

Please check daily for announcements and bring in your ideas/reports/suggestions.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

What do you think of the Xfiend guide?

It's teh bomb!
55%
It suXorz!!!
5%
Isn't it spelled "the?"
36%
What guide?!
No votes
Who the hell are YOU?!
5%

Total votes: 22

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Thanks - and good luck!

Post by xfiend1013 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:40 pm

Well so, I finally wander on over this way, stumbling across Ted Nuegents new... oh, wait, wrong Nuege. Hopefully.

And I must say - THANKS! Thank you for putting up my roleplaying guide! After all this time, it is really great to see a board run by the people who use it, rather than having it's rules dictated by some idjits on the other sony boards.

Best of luck with it, administrators, coders, and future moderators. I'll no doubt be moving on over when I have to, even if I do buy the damn game.

Do I have any suggestions? Not really. It's amazing what a bunch of reasonably intelligent people can do when they stop bickering and just do it.

Hell, this is nice enough to make me leave the sony boards regardless of their stance on non-owners and posting.

Keep up the great work, listen to these crazy SoBs, and remember - don't listen to everyone. There's a lot of whackos out there.

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:22 pm

Sweet jeebus, I just realized that, not only did Nuege take my guide and make it sticky, he found the long-lost "Extra Goodness" AND went through and added all the old formatting! This is no cut-and-paste job!

Nuege, my captain, my king! I would have fought with you to the very end!

Neuge
Part-Timer

Post by Neuge » Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:34 pm

You could start by spelling my name right :P ;) :rolleyes:

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:21 am

Ah, neuge, neuge, nooge. How could I ever possibly repay you for your wisdom, Mr. Ted Neugent?

An idea I had, nuge, was to make a brand-spanking-new "writing, roleplaying, etc." guide and let you, the newge-master, put it up on the website - but I like the compilation of the old one just as much. If I come up with something new, nuyge, you'll be the first to know.

Now, there IS the matter of the "Guide to Friendly OOC Conversation" which the old mods, in their infinite lack of wisdom, deleted from the forum. Not locked, not moved, but gone. Forever.

If only I had it on my hard drive, this whole situation could have been easily avoided... But, it's never the case. If any of you all DID save it, that would be a beautiful and wonderful thing...

OR, if you, the nouge, master of nougat, think the site really needs a helpful primer on avoiding the infernal flames of death, I could get about that whole "repaying the neugent" thing by writing up a new one! Honestly, I don't know WHY the old one was deleted. It wasn't inflammatory, mean-spirited, or vulgar. It just gave some helpful communication hints. (I think that Sony is trying to keep us all down, making sure that no one ever becomes an acceptable person! BEWARE THE MAN!)

So, uh, what say you, Neuge?

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:07 am

Xfiend, I was actually wondering if you would be willing to help rp'rs become better at the use of grammar, punctuation and what not. I've never gotten above a C in writing at all so I'd benefit from it a lot.

Medic

Post by Medic » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:26 pm

*looks highly amused, as usual, by X-Fiend's ranting....* ;)