Request

Please check daily for announcements and bring in your ideas/reports/suggestions.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Ghost
This Space Available

Request

Post by Ghost »

As of May 17th 2014, it will have been a week with limited feedback in a negative sense as the previous post reflected positive feedback and support.

I ask then if there isn't much debate, Moderators pass judgement/rule on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11811
Pryde
Pryngles

Re: Request

Post by Pryde »

I don't know about the others but I don't particularly like it when people ask us to make rulings on things. Especially when it comes to things like this. Yes, it's been a week since your initial proposal but you've only got one response and no response is not indicative of approval. More like it's indicative of the fact that no one is here right now, or maybe no one is interested I don't know. Whatever the situation it doesn't mean that there won't be interested parties in the future or that people aren't going to come back and get involved. I've only given your proposal a cursory glance but it looks like you're changing some of the history that others have written. This could cause issues later if someone were to return and find out things have changed and there's no way to predict that. If this turns out to be the case then what do we do? Say oh well the mods approved it? No, I don't think so. That's putting into our hands the kind of power and control that sent people away from here in droves.

Look, I don't know what to do about the Auriel situation. I kind of had a feeling we'd find ourselves here right from the start and it doesn't surprise me one bit that it actually happened. Whatever happens with Auriel moving forward it's up to you guys as a community to decide. We can't come in and make all the decisions for you. If people aren't responding then maybe you need to be a bit more proactive in getting their attention, or maybe just a bit more patient I don't know. Try sending emails or PMs to people who were involved, get their opinions or their approval to move forward or at the very least get them to come back and start working on it again. Try to do more than post a thread, wait a week and then ask for approval. With the way things move around here a week just isn't enough time to make a decision.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.
Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost »

Pryde2000 wrote:I don't know about the others but I don't particularly like it when people ask us to make rulings on things. Especially when it comes to things like this. Yes, it's been a week since your initial proposal but you've only got one response and no response is not indicative of approval. More like it's indicative of the fact that no one is here right now, or maybe no one is interested I don't know. Whatever the situation it doesn't mean that there won't be interested parties in the future or that people aren't going to come back and get involved. I've only given your proposal a cursory glance but it looks like you're changing some of the history that others have written. This could cause issues later if someone were to return and find out things have changed and there's no way to predict that. If this turns out to be the case then what do we do? Say oh well the mods approved it? No, I don't think so. That's putting into our hands the kind of power and control that sent people away from here in droves.

Look, I don't know what to do about the Auriel situation. I kind of had a feeling we'd find ourselves here right from the start and it doesn't surprise me one bit that it actually happened. Whatever happens with Auriel moving forward it's up to you guys as a community to decide. We can't come in and make all the decisions for you. If people aren't responding then maybe you need to be a bit more proactive in getting their attention, or maybe just a bit more patient I don't know. Try sending emails or PMs to people who were involved, get their opinions or their approval to move forward or at the very least get them to come back and start working on it again. Try to do more than post a thread, wait a week and then ask for approval. With the way things move around here a week just isn't enough time to make a decision.
I'd be inclined to disagree with your statement about "approval".

The previous post where I stated "A Year.." has shown alot of interest and I was encouraged to make a proposal of sorts to garner attention. If individuals read it and show no interest, it is of no fault of my own.

I suppose asking for a ruling or a decision from Moderator standpoint is asking for the Moderators to assist, not really pass judgement. I should have rephrased the request in that manner.

I'm not asking for you to throw the gauntlet and say "Decide or else." It's not a simplistic faction but something as the community decided as a whole and a handful have opted back in showing "support" more so than approval if that is a better term in this specific situation.

Point and case, My request is more the cleansing/storage and such of the creative works on the Auriel Forums. This allowing us to move forward with our own works and such with out the clutter of the old.
Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Ghost wrote:I'd be inclined to disagree with your statement about "approval".

The previous post where I stated "A Year.." has shown alot of interest and I was encouraged to make a proposal of sorts to garner attention. If individuals read it and show no interest, it is of no fault of my own.
I'm not going to argue the point with you. If you want help with Auriel you need to talk to the people who helped to create it, beyond that I'm not sure what you're looking for here.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.
Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost »

Ok Pryde.