A request

Please check daily for announcements and bring in your ideas/reports/suggestions.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt
Queen of the Damned

A request

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt »

Balsa and I were speaking, and with all the sub factions and all we have to put in is there a possiblity to make at least a naboo Infobox. What was wondered if it could automatically put it as NR then Kingdom of Naboo and add some special sections. It was make it easier to keep track of.0

{{ Character Infobox
|image=
|name=
|homeworld=(Could be Rori, Naboo Tisa or Oha-duhm)
|city=
|birth=
|death=
|species=
|gender=
|hair=
|eyes=
|height=
|force=
|allies=
|enemies=
|weapon=
|fightingstyle=
|ship=
|profession=
|position=
|house=
|formeraffiliation=
|currentaffiliation=
|era=
|creator=
|npc=
}}
The reason we ask is last character I wiki-ed with all the subgroups there are I was wondering if it could be made simpler? If we could just get something that would send it to NR and Naboo would be so nice. Make it easier to keep up with.

{{New Republic Character Infobox
|image=[[File:Lt._Gavyn_Sykes_Bravo_6_Headshot.jpg|center|300px]]
|name=Linx Danle'
|homeworld=[[Naboo]]
|birth=5 BBY
|death=19ABY(Lehon)
|species=Human
|gender=Male
|hair=Brown
|eyes=Blue
|height=6'0
|force=
|allies=
*[[RSF]]
*[[Zane Mire']]
|enemies=
|weapon=S-5 Heavy Blaster
|fightingstyle=
|ship=[[X-70B Phantom Transport|Blink]]
|profession=RSF officer
|position=RSF Corporal
|formeraffiliation=
|currentaffiliation=
*[[New Republic]]
**[[Kingdom of Naboo]]
***[[RSF]]
***[[Royal Naboo House|House Danle']]
*[[Operation Phionex]]
|creator=[[Allyah]]
|npc=no
}}
Tabetha/Hunt
I got out of the bed today.
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
-Winter Sleep Weighty Ghost
It's an animal thing
Riddick
Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Re: A request

Post by Balsa »

We're actually discussing this since Naboo-NR is a weird situation.
Queen of the Damned

I understand. It should be an NR box mostly with a few extra things and to link it to naboo and NR automatically is mostly because we are getting so many different group and location we need something better to keep up with them. But problems.
Tabetha/Hunt
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
It's an animal thing
Riddick
Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's possible to do that. But, I'm thinking, perhaps if we just make a Naboo box and automatically assume it's part of the NR... We can also have the box automatically put a [[Category:New Republic]] tag on all of the articles. We can even use the NR infobox color to make the two match even more.
Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

See, the biggest obstacle here is in reference to affiliations.

How is Naboo affiliated with the NR? Are they a direct member world, like with all those other green dots on our (outdated... I'll get to that soon, no worries) map? Or are they more of a close alliance, much like how the Hapes Consortium was in canon after the Courtship of Princess Leia? Or... what?

Because the way I see it, is if they're a direct member world, then the only thing that really justifies a separate infobox is to do away with busywork, as you said (albeit, simpler). But either way, even if a new infobox is needed given the more... unique... situation with Naboo... it will take some working to get this to be right, because it also opens up for a lot of other entities to be wanting their own for the same reasons, as they would be under the same circumstance... and a lack of busywork becomes a surge of busywork.

So... we're not saying no... we just need more info to see, if we're going to go about this, how.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.
Queen of the Damned

Cadden wrote:See, the biggest obstacle here is in reference to affiliations.

How is Naboo affiliated with the NR? Are they a direct member world, like with all those other green dots on our (outdated... I'll get to that soon, no worries) map? Or are they more of a close alliance, much like how the Hapes Consortium was in canon after the Courtship of Princess Leia? Or... what?

Because the way I see it, is if they're a direct member world, then the only thing that really justifies a separate infobox is to do away with busywork, as you said (albeit, simpler). But either way, even if a new infobox is needed given the more... unique... situation with Naboo... it will take some working to get this to be right, because it also opens up for a lot of other entities to be wanting their own for the same reasons, as they would be under the same circumstance... and a lack of busywork becomes a surge of busywork.

So... we're not saying no... we just need more info to see, if we're going to go about this, how.
Yeah I think ill just resend the request . I was trying to make it easier since we had so much ,but we don't need that agian. Considered it resend ed.
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick