Some PhP questions for the Admin Team

Please check daily for announcements and bring in your ideas/reports/suggestions.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

CEO Raith Sienar

Some PhP questions for the Admin Team

Post by CEO Raith Sienar » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:16 am

In previous versions we were able to explore the IC Forums not logged in hit reply login and it'd take us to the post screen. Ever since the update I go through the same process and it throws me back into the Subforum where the thread I was looking at is in. There a bypass for this because I don't save login information or passwords for anything and liked the old way :P

Also the screen when putting together long posts seems to screw up if I try writing it on the post screen usually it's a page or more worth of text in Word it'll keep on flipping up. Right now the only resolution I've figured out now is write it in word. Does this for both IE and Firefox for the record.
“I’m sitting on my ass before a legend. I guess the reports of your death have been greatly mistaken.”

Jerec Ordin speaking to Nich Dreadstar

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Re: Some PhP questions for the Admin Team

Post by coronhorn » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:29 am

The login thing is probably something that changed in the software or it was a mod that installed and didn't get reinstalled after the upgrade (the biggest drawback of mods to the board).

The other thing I've experienced a couple times on different browsers but not oncurrently, I've found in the past that clearing my browser cache will usually clear it up. But like I said I've never had the issue consistently with more than one browser. I did run into this really strange but this one time I was using my phone as a modem that was being caused by the proxy setup the phone was using to avoid detection by the phone company of the phone being used in such a way. I disabled that and it all went back to normal.
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:09 am

I have always the same problem as Mace.On the posting i mean.
http://starwarsexodus.blogspot.com/

STAR WARS EXODUS OFFICIAL BLOG

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

DarthYnoj
Johny DX

Post by DarthYnoj » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Problem in posting large texts solved for me after i installed Internet Explorer 9.
http://starwarsexodus.blogspot.com/

STAR WARS EXODUS OFFICIAL BLOG

Darth Ynoj AKA Johny DX

Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:25 pm

It usually is a matter of security settings and browser cache. I have issues like that regularily when trying to login from work.